PDA

View Full Version : Farid El Alagui

Hibeesmad
13-01-2016, 03:01 PM
Got told that he could be on his way out this window, apparently frustrated with lack of action since coming back and has been left out of the squad all together after confronting Derek Lyle after the Queen Of The South game last month, challenging him to a fight in the tunnel apparently, which was stopped by Stubbs. If we keep Cummings and bring in Stokes it is likely he will gone by the close of the window

Diclonius
13-01-2016, 03:06 PM
A shame, looked a player when he was fully fit which sadly was not that often. Cheers for the goals against Hearts.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 03:18 PM
If he goes then good luck to him but there's no point in paying for a players rehabilitation to then release him. Might be a chance for him yet.

Since90+2
13-01-2016, 03:20 PM
I would imagine he is on a decent wage so Stubbs may look at it as a chance to free up some funds for elsewhere.

Thought he would be a cracking signing but I cant see him ever fully getting over the injuries.

Thecat23
13-01-2016, 03:21 PM
If he goes then good luck to him but there's no point in paying for a players rehabilitation to then release him. Might be a chance for him yet.

That's how I see it. I like Farid but no point keeping him for the sake of it. If fit he could play a part in the run in but it's a big ask as he's to injury prone.

Andy74
13-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Got told that he could be on his way out this window, apparently frustrated with lack of action since coming back and has been left out of the squad all together after confronting Derek Lyle after the Queen Of The South game last month, challenging him to a fight in the tunnel apparently, which was stopped by Stubbs. If we keep Cummings and bring in Stokes it is likely he will gone by the close of the window

Interesting - he did appear to get a few development games and then game time and has vanished since that match.

Dashing Bob S
13-01-2016, 03:24 PM
Wish him all the best in his rehab, but I can't say I'm surprised it looks like it'll be happening elsewhere.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Not a dig at this boy, but if I had to sum him up in a phrase, it would be " Two weeks away from being first-team ready".

I know there is a lot of gossip and here-say sometimes, but I thought it was fitness and injury that kept him out, not being out of favour.

HoboHarry
13-01-2016, 03:30 PM
I would imagine he is on a decent wage so Stubbs may look at it as a chance to free up some funds for elsewhere.

Thought he would be a cracking signing but I cant see him ever fully getting over the injuries.
He will only be gone if he can come to an agreement with Hibs to pay off his contract. Whether that is the full financial value or more likely a compromise amount remains to be seen.

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2016, 03:39 PM
I know he snapped his Achilles, but this knee problem probably would have reared its head at some time during his time at the club.

He showed just how good a player he was in the 2-0 derby when he was superb after being out months, but a week later against Falkirk he was terrible.

Bone on bone is a really bad injury, and will flare up regularly. I dont think we will see him again, and im not sure he will play at this level again either.

Shame. :boo hoo:

JJP
13-01-2016, 03:47 PM
I'm a big fan of Farid and I have been holding out hope he would make a comeback for us. Sad news if that is not to be. If he does go though, all the best and thanks for the goals against the Jambos.

lyonhibs
13-01-2016, 03:54 PM
Has he actually, really "come back" to full fitness, if not match sharpness obviously??

He always seems to be recovering fully "in a week or 2"....

brog
13-01-2016, 04:01 PM
I can definitely see Farid going but I don't think the Q of S incident will have had any bearing on it. He's only played 30 mins all season & has only been on bench 4 times. He hasn't been in the squad for the last 5 games but the Q of S game was the 2nd of that sequence so can't really read much into it. Real shame, good player, great guy & an asset in the dressing room. I wish him well if he goes.

dhmf
13-01-2016, 04:43 PM
I had heard he was the top earner at Hibs so would be suprised if he left without a payoff, ofcourse that could just be drivel.

erin go bragh
13-01-2016, 04:58 PM
Sorry to hear this as he looked a top player before his injury . Hope he doesn't go to Falkirk ,then rediscover his early form with us .

GGTTH

scoopyboy
13-01-2016, 05:17 PM
I had heard he was the top earner at Hibs so would be suprised if he left without a payoff, ofcourse that could just be drivel.

Couldn't argue about this season but was highest basic last season.

eastmainsmsh
14-01-2016, 08:57 AM
Was behind us down Tranent road in a white merc looked peeved when at lights at Tranent

Feel sorry for farid he must've been injured at Brentford as well as I thought he would do well down there

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2016, 09:12 AM
This knee injury is not a new injury, i'm surprised he made it through the medical with whats wrong with it.

jacomo
14-01-2016, 10:13 AM
I know he snapped his Achilles, but this knee problem probably would have reared its head at some time during his time at the club.

He showed just how good a player he was in the 2-0 derby when he was superb after being out months, but a week later against Falkirk he was terrible.

Bone on bone is a really bad injury, and will flare up regularly. I dont think we will see him again, and im not sure he will play at this level again either.

Shame. :boo hoo:

:agree:

The_Exile
14-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Think Ledley King had the same type of injury, that laddie would've been one of the best centre backs in the world if it wasn't for such terrible luck. Shame for Farid too :(

Billychaotic182
14-01-2016, 11:00 AM
Not saying he will sign for hearts but the guys on the Monday night fitba podcast reporting that he is spotted in the hearts hospitality more than once

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Not saying he will sign for hearts but the guys on the Monday night fitba podcast reporting that he is spotted in the hearts hospitality more than once

So could i in the next month or so?

Jones28
14-01-2016, 03:37 PM

For all he's contributed this season Hearts can have him!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-01-2016, 03:40 PM

Maybe has something to do with him being mates with the hearts lad El Hassnoui of whatever he's called.

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 04:39 PM
If he's never going to be fit then let him go.

Winston Ingram
14-01-2016, 05:14 PM
Couldn't argue about this season but was highest basic last season.

I think Malonga's wage topped that when he came in

AlbertK86
14-01-2016, 07:06 PM
If it's bone on bone then he's heading towards knee replacement and any surgeon worth his salt will have advised him against any impact sports as this will hasten the need to replace the knee