PDA

View Full Version : Police take Celtic fans bus bevvy

3pm
13-01-2016, 07:39 AM
- 4 reported
- 48 buses checked
- 200 litres of alcohol swiped
- Checks carried out on Sunday (Stranraer game)
- Part of police work to reduce violence and disorder at football matches

Thought it might be useful for those who run buses!

Bill Milne
13-01-2016, 08:49 AM
About time the polis payed attention to the amount of booze on the Weegie (both OF clubs) buses. I remember every Hibs bus en route to the 1979 cup final final being stopped and searched, while Huns' buses drove past waving their bevvy at us. You won't be surprised to learn that the polis couldn't see this and arrests were threatened if naughty Hibs fans insisted on pointing this out!!

green&left
13-01-2016, 10:04 AM
Lot of *****. Moan like hell about squeezed budgets and spend God knows how much on confiscating on average 8 cans per bus.

If only they put in as much effort as investigating M9 crash reports. Met of the North can gtf - useless killjoys.

Carheenlea
13-01-2016, 10:30 AM
If you look at any posts from bus convenors detailing travel plans, all are strict regarding no alcohol on bus.
Simple fact is that alcohol consumption on a bus could be dangerous, because unlike trains and aircraft passengers have access to driver.

ballengeich
13-01-2016, 10:54 AM
200 litres of alcohol confiscated? That would have made for a good Sunday evening party at Stranraer police station.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 11:03 AM
About time the polis payed attention to the amount of booze on the Weegie (both OF clubs) buses. I remember every Hibs bus en route to the 1979 cup final final being stopped and searched, while Huns' buses drove past waving their bevvy at us. You won't be surprised to learn that the polis couldn't see this and arrests were threatened if naughty Hibs fans insisted on pointing this out!!

Times have changed Billy.

Geo_1875
13-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Times have changed Billy.

Not much. If you ever see the Celtc bus queue at Morrison link you'll see numerous carry-outs among the hing-oots.

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 11:40 AM
You won't be surprised to learn that the polis couldn't see this and arrests were threatened if naughty Hibs fans insisted on pointing this out!!

Come on now, nobody likes a grass

givescotlandfreedom
13-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Lot of *****. Moan like hell about squeezed budgets and spend God knows how much on confiscating on average 8 cans per bus.

If only they put in as much effort as investigating M9 crash reports. Met of the North can gtf - useless killjoys.

Does Buckie come in cans?

green&left
13-01-2016, 12:32 PM

It does, aye.

Edson Arantes
13-01-2016, 12:48 PM

Bottles of Concorde will be selling well also.

Tom Hart RIP
13-01-2016, 02:39 PM
I'm sure we were allowed to take drink on buses until the law changed in early 80s following the Celtic v Rangers riot in the 1980 cup final.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2016, 02:47 PM
Law was changed after that infamous Cup Final.....

Incidentally, the bus convenyor and driver are also charged/fined is anyone is caught drinking alcohol on buses......(even in plastic bottles).....All buses on here operate a no alcohol policy, as far as I am aware (the Sellick and rangers are obviously different).......

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 02:49 PM
I'm sure we were allowed to take drink on buses until the law changed in early 80s following the Celtic v Rangers riot in the 1980 cup final.

You might still be able to drink on supporters buses in England. Incidentally to rugby fans up here not get away with drinking on buses??

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 02:54 PM
You might still be able to drink on supporters buses in England. Incidentally to rugby fans up here not get away with drinking on buses??

More than likely the rugger buggers will be encouraged to partake in a wee swift hawf on the buses, after all they are the sale of the earth, whereas on the other hand we are football fans, weare nothing but the **** of the earth and hooligans

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 02:55 PM
More than likely the rugger buggers will be encouraged to partake in a wee swift hawf on the buses, after all they are the sale of the earth, whereas on the other hand we are football fans, weare nothing but the **** of the earth and hooligans

Why does the swear filter block the word ****

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Why does the swear filter block the word **** ?

It blocks S****horpe as well.

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 03:16 PM
It blocks S****horpe as well.

We'll need to just call them Yamthorpe from bow on

BoomtownHibees
13-01-2016, 08:10 PM

No drinking on buses down south when heading to games either

overdrive
13-01-2016, 08:35 PM

The players get away with it anyway from my brother in law's stories.

anon1875
13-01-2016, 08:39 PM

I can assure you the celtic fans get it just as bad as us. I have a lot of Celtic fan pals who go to the game via supporters bus's and they get hounded.

Forza Fred
14-01-2016, 02:02 AM
In Oz we don't drink on the way to games.

We drink AT the games :agree:

MWHIBBIES
14-01-2016, 02:16 AM
More than likely the rugger buggers will be encouraged to partake in a wee swift hawf on the buses, after all they are the sale of the earth, whereas on the other hand we are football fans, weare nothing but the **** of the earth and hooligansIt will remain that way while ********s all over the UK continue to let the majority down with their antics.

monktonharp
14-01-2016, 07:13 PM
Law was changed after that infamous Cup Final.....

Incidentally, the bus convenyor and driver are also charged/fined is anyone is caught drinking alcohol on buses......(even in plastic bottles).....All buses on here operate a no alcohol policy, as far as I am aware (the Sellick and rangers are obviously different).......:agree: also, with the company we are currently using, they have a very prominent notice stating no alcohol to be brought onto the bus.