PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup date - will it be 6th or 7th?

Springbank
12-01-2016, 04:18 PM
I see Scotland play England at Murrayfield around 430pm on Sat 6th Feb.

Surely the police will ask for the Hibs v Hearts game to be played on Sunday 7th Feb?

And you can tell I've got top loyalty points BUT couldn't make 6th due to other commitments but I can make the 7th

Does anyone know when we are likely to find out what date/time the game is?

SteveHFC
12-01-2016, 04:21 PM
It'll be the 7th because Scotland are playing England at Murrayfield on the Saturday.

FromTheCapital
12-01-2016, 04:24 PM
Feb 7th, early KO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbymick
I thougt it was already confirmed for the 7th.

TamHibs
I've heard it may also be the Friday night as BBC have first dibs on Scottish Cup games but wouldn't be able to show the game on Saturday due to the Rugby & Sky Sports hold the Sunday slots for the Scottish Cup

macca70
12-01-2016, 04:25 PM
It'll be the 7th because Scotland are playing England at Murrayfield on the Saturday.

SuperBowl Sunday, glad I already have Monday booked off.

SteveHFC
12-01-2016, 04:25 PM
I've heard it may also be the Friday night as BBC have first dibs on Scottish Cup games but wouldn't be able to show the game on Saturday due to the Rugby & Sky Sports hold the Sunday slots for the Scottish Cup

Shame the police wont' allow it.

iwasthere1972
12-01-2016, 04:26 PM
I don't think it's been mentioned before but I think it will be the 7th as Scotland take on England at Murrayfield on the 6th. Oh and an early kick off time of 12.30pm.

You heard it here first. :aok:

macca70
12-01-2016, 04:26 PM

Very unlikely the Police would allow this to be a Friday night KO, more likely Sunday as early as poss, 12.30pm

TamHibs
12-01-2016, 04:28 PM

Very unlikely the Police would allow this to be a Friday night KO, more likely Sunday as early as poss, 12.30pm

Why not? We've had evening derbies before & this time people will still be at work until tea time anyway

iwasthere1972
12-01-2016, 04:30 PM

:agree: English and Scottish rugger fans will be out in force in Edinburgh on Friday night.

Smartie
12-01-2016, 04:30 PM
Hearts vs Hibs in the Scottish Cup on a Friday night.

Thousands of English ruggerbuggers boozing it up in the City Centre.

That could be lively.

SteveHFC
12-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Hearts vs Hibs in the Scottish Cup on a Friday night.

Thousands of English ruggerbuggers boozing it up in the City Centre.

That could be lively.

Then hit the town afterwards. :hyper

Springbank
12-01-2016, 04:36 PM
Thanks folks

SausageSurprise
12-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Monday the 8th

Hiber-nation
12-01-2016, 04:43 PM
Why not? We've had evening derbies before & this time people will still be at work until tea time anyway

We're away to Morton on Tuesday 2nd so no chance.

TamHibs
12-01-2016, 04:47 PM
We're away to Morton on Tuesday 2nd so no chance.

Again that would make no odds to it being staged on a Friday. Champions League games are a Wednesday then the team plays the following Saturday.

However the potential for trouble is there with the English being up for the Rugby. Not sure what BBC will do if they want to show the tie of the round as as i said before, they have first dibs on each round for TV

DH1875
12-01-2016, 05:47 PM
SuperBowl Sunday, glad I already have Monday booked off.

I've just realized that. Gonna be a long day, thats for sure :)

Keith_M
12-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Again that would make no odds to it being staged on a Friday. Champions League games are a Wednesday then the team plays the following Saturday.

However the potential for trouble is there with the English being up for the Rugby. Not sure what BBC will do if they want to show the tie of the round as as i said before, they have first dibs on each round for TV

Would there really be much trouble with Rugby Fans?

TamHibs
12-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Would there really be much trouble with Rugby Fans?

Of course not, it would be the big bad football fans fault anyway if there was any trouble.....

Lucius Apuleius
12-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Hopefully the 7th. Impossible to make the 6th.

Springbank
12-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Hopefully the 7th. Impossible to make the 6th.

The Ides of February, Lucius?

Brunswickbill
12-01-2016, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=macca70;4544388]SuperBowl Sunday, glad I already have Monday booked off.[/
Shaping up for another great Super Bowl Sunday like last year when we had Murray v Djokovic in the morning in the Australian Open. Celtic v Rangers in the Scottish League Cup Semi-final in the afternoon. And the Superbowl at night.

MB62
12-01-2016, 07:03 PM
It has to be the Sunday with the rugby on Saturday. Nelson has already booked his team in to Murrayfield to show them exactly how he expects them to play the following day in the Derby.

Keith_M
12-01-2016, 07:36 PM
Of course not, it would be the big bad football fans fault anyway if there was any trouble.....

I honestly would have thought that trouble with Rugby Fans was highly unlikely.

I'm not particularly a follower of rugby myself but egg chasing Fans in general seem fairly harmless.

Smartie
12-01-2016, 08:00 PM

I'm not particularly a follower of rugby myself but egg chasing Fans in general seem fairly harmless.

But occasionally obnoxious.

Lumping a bunch of pished-up angry football fans in amongst them could be a recipe for disaster.

Danderhall Hibs
12-01-2016, 08:05 PM

What will they do if it goes to a replay do you think?

Ringothedog
12-01-2016, 08:15 PM

It would have to be a 3pm kick off on a Tuesday or Wednesday as the police could obviously not allow an evening kick off.

Springbank
12-01-2016, 08:16 PM

They'll stage it at a time when there isn't a major international profile fixture with 67000 others in town?

3pm
12-01-2016, 08:34 PM
But occasionally obnoxious.

Lumping a bunch of pished-up angry football fans in amongst them could be a recipe for disaster.

Why is it the fitba fans always cause bother or deemed angry?!

Danderhall Hibs
12-01-2016, 09:02 PM
They'll stage it at a time when there isn't a major international profile fixture with 67000 others in town?

The rugby's on the Saturday so there's not 67000 in town on the Friday night.

offshorehibby
12-01-2016, 09:21 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not the Sunday as I'll be travelling to Aberdeen

Smartie
12-01-2016, 10:47 PM
Why is it the fitba fans always cause bother or deemed angry?!

I really don't know as it isn't always the case.

But I can guarantee that if there was a Friday night Edinburgh derby there would be a lot of pished football fans in town after the game and there would be at least a few thousand who would be pissed off at the result of the game and some of those would be angry. They'd be less likely to tolerate boorish English rugbyness.

The rugby never normally has any trouble but this particular combination of events would be a recipe for disaster.

H18 SFR
12-01-2016, 11:09 PM
Seriously considering trying to get a ticket in the Hearts end as our loyalty points (105) will obviously not be enough. I've got a contact who can get me tickets for the Yam end.

Thoughts? Lunacy? Acceptable as we are going to pump them?

B.H.F.C
12-01-2016, 11:11 PM
Seriously considering trying to get a ticket in the Hearts end as our loyalty points (105) will obviously not be enough. I've got a contact who can get me tickets for the Yam end.

Go to the pub.

SausageSurprise
12-01-2016, 11:18 PM

Reading on brokeback it seems you'll need a fair number of Yam Points too when you take into account the ST that are situated in the Roseburn which if those fans take up the option of a ticket elsewhere then there'll be precious few tickets for the other 387,000 to see the famous

Lucius Apuleius
12-01-2016, 11:32 PM
The Ides of February, Lucius?

You've got me with this mate. I've been trying to work out a correlation between me not making it and the Ides, which if I remember correctly, is the middle of the month. Help me. 😊

PatHead
12-01-2016, 11:47 PM
BBC do seem to be "bigging up" the non league v Celtic as the story of the draw. Wouldn't surprise me if they cover that game.

Would leave Sky to cover us and sevco matches

TamHibs
13-01-2016, 08:32 AM
Reading on brokeback it seems you'll need a fair number of Yam Points too when you take into account the ST that are situated in the Roseburn which if those fans take up the option of a ticket elsewhere then there'll be precious few tickets for the other 387,000 to see the famous

:agree: Don't know if it's true but a Yam mate of mine says that they have 13k season ticket holders so if each season ticket holder buys a ticket they are eligible for then there will be no tickets for a public sale.

DH1875
13-01-2016, 08:38 AM
BBC do seem to be "bigging up" the non league v Celtic as the story of the draw. Wouldn't surprise me if they cover that game.

Would leave Sky to cover us and sevco matches

Been thinking that myself.
As for a Friday night game. What channel was the St Mirren game on?

TamHibs
13-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Been thinking that myself.
As for a Friday night game. What channel was the St Mirren game on?

It wasn't on TV

DH1875
13-01-2016, 08:43 AM
It wasn't on TV

So why do folks think our game will be on the Friday night???

TamHibs
13-01-2016, 08:48 AM
So why do folks think our game will be on the Friday night???

Because BBC have the Rugby on the Saturday evening but they get first picks on the Scottish Cup games.

No chance they will show it at the same time as the Rugby on a Saturday evening

Agreement with Sky is Sky get to show their picks on a Sunday afternoon

BBC could theoretically show the game on the Friday night, only complication with that however is the fact there will be thousands of English up for the Rugby the following day

El Gubbz
13-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Hopefully the Friday night. Flying to Oz on the 6th.

Bittersweet.

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2016, 08:52 AM
Because BBC have the Rugby on the Saturday evening but they get first picks on the Scottish Cup games.

BBC could theoretically show the game on the Friday night, only complication with that however is the fact there will be thousands of English up for the Rugby the following day

And the BBC have a Friday night slot - they showed Exeter v Liverpool in it last week.

There'll be rugby on the BBC on Sunday as well - Ireland v France I think.

TamHibs
13-01-2016, 08:56 AM
And the BBC have a Friday night slot - they showed Exeter v Liverpool in it last week.

There'll be rugby on the BBC on Sunday as well - Ireland v France I think.

BBC Scotland will show a Scottish Cup match before an FA Cup match.

BBC Scotland can't show any Scottish Cup games on a Sunday due to the aforementioned agreement with Sky.

By the sounds of it, BBC will be showing the EK/LTHV v Celtic tie anyway if they seem to be bigging it up as tie of the round.

If we are shown on Sky, I hope they'll show us at 3.30 rather than 12.30

lucky
13-01-2016, 09:01 AM

The six nations is split between ITV and BBC this year. So it does not necessary rule out Saturday or Sunday

TamHibs
13-01-2016, 09:06 AM
The six nations is split between ITV and BBC this year. So it does not necessary rule out Saturday or Sunday

All of Scotland's games are being covered by the BBC

j'adore hibs
13-01-2016, 09:24 AM

please this...i travel to India on the Saturday for work!!!!

Glesgahibby
13-01-2016, 09:26 AM
Friday night is Shirley a non starter as we play Morton on the Tuesday before.

Geo_1875
13-01-2016, 09:28 AM

Why? That's 3 days between games like Wed/Sat or Thu/Sun.

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2016, 09:29 AM

Is it? Adverts instead of analysis...

Glesgahibby
13-01-2016, 09:54 AM
Why? That's 3 days between games like Wed/Sat or Thu/Sun.
I ment from a hibs point of view.
I don't know if the clubs get a say?if they do then I'm sure hibs would say no.

Geo_1875
13-01-2016, 09:56 AM
I ment from a hibs point of view.
I don't know if the clubs get a say?if they do them I'm sure hibs would say no.

I'd hope they say yes to a Friday night derby.

Glesgahibby
13-01-2016, 10:11 AM
I'd hope they say yes to a Friday night derby.
Id like a Friday night Derby as well:agree:
but I think in this case it would put us at a disadvantage.
We don't know what will happen in Greenock regarding injuries and so on.
For me it's not worth the risk.

Geo_1875
13-01-2016, 10:22 AM
Id like a Friday night Derby as well:agree:
but I think in this case it would put us at a disadvantage.
We don't know what will happen in Greenock regarding injuries and so on.
For me it's not worth the risk.

I think we have more than enough cover (except at full back) to cope with injury.

Glesgahibby
13-01-2016, 10:32 AM
I think we have more than enough cover (except at full back) to cope with injury.
I'd still rather have as many available as possible,I'm sure stubbsy would agree.
I need to be honest though,Friday night would be great :greengrin
football head says "naw!":confused:
friday head says "aye!":agree:

TamHibs
13-01-2016, 10:33 AM
I'd still rather have as many available as possible,I'm sure stubbsy would agree.
I need to be honest though,Friday night would be great :greengrin
football head says "naw!":confused:
friday head says "aye!":agree:

As I said aswel on the thread previously, most people would be working until 4-5pm anyway so not exactly lots of time for the stadium to be full of p!ssheads that are going to cause trouble

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 10:37 AM

Plus the police will say no chance.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 10:38 AM
As I said aswel on the thread previously, most people would be working until 4-5pm anyway so not exactly lots of time for the stadium to be full of p!ssheads that are going to cause trouble

In theory no but a lot will either take the day off or have half days, especially tradesmen.

TamHibs
13-01-2016, 10:39 AM
In theory no but a lot will either take the day off or have half days, especially tradesmen.

We've had night derbies at new year with minimal trouble bear in mind.

If someone is going to cause bother at a derby they will, sober or not.

Glesgahibby
13-01-2016, 10:46 AM
Most folk would make a night of it and go out straight from the game.
Those not attending would be in the pubs from 7-7.30 pm
I don't think the police would object.

Greenworld
13-01-2016, 11:50 AM
12 noon Sunday is my exclusive

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Springbank
13-01-2016, 11:51 AM

Source?

Ps good news for me if true

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 11:51 AM

Hiya Andy, hiya pal :greengrin

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 11:54 AM
As much as an evening kick off would be great I can't see it. Kenny MacAskill was quick to run his mouth about the behaviour of fans during the 2013 NY derby saying that were would not be anymore...

Yes, that's right the very same Kenny MacAskill linked below. Tosser!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/535592.stm

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2016, 12:35 PM
As much as an evening kick off would be great I can't see it. Kenny MacAskill was quick to run his mouth about the behaviour of fans during the 2013 NY derby saying that were would not be anymore...

Better hope there's no replay then.

Diclonius
13-01-2016, 12:42 PM

The very same Kenny McAskill linked below as well.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/552065/Hibernian-Fans-Bid-To-Boy-Club

Bracksy
13-01-2016, 12:51 PM
It's almost a cert to be Sunday early kick off, wishful thinking about the Friday night, but just can't see it

HappyHanlon

Obnoxious morons who get away with a lot because it's "banter".

If it was someone in a football top they'd be thrown out the pub and probably huckled by the police.

Worst type of sports fan, egg chasers.

SausageSurprise
The very same Kenny McAskill linked below as well.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/552065/Hibernian-Fans-Bid-To-Boy-Club

Yes. The very same

DavieRoy
13-01-2016, 11:21 PM

Sky have first pick for every televised round of the Scottish Cup.

Sky get two live games every round, BBC get one. In two of the rounds, Sky have first and third pick and in one of the rounds, Sky have first and second. Sky get a Semi-Final exclusively and share one with BBC.

BBC have Saturday night highlights and two featured games.

The Scottish Cup contract is actually worth decent money compared with the SPFL.

There is no agreement about Sky doing Sunday games. For example, in last season's 5th Round, Sky had Dundee v Celtic on Saturday and Stranraer v Dundee United on Sunday while BBC had Rangers v Raith Rovers on Sunday too.

GGTTH07
13-01-2016, 11:33 PM
What an atmosphere the Friday night would be.

.Sean.
13-01-2016, 11:43 PM
I'm thinking Friday could be a go-er - If Hutchy make it through you're gonna have a fairly substantial Celtic following through, not inconceivable there could be football in Edinburgh on the Friday and Sunday and the fat boys that were crap at football can have their day as planned on the Saturday?

B.H.F.C
13-01-2016, 11:51 PM
I'm thinking Friday could be a go-er - If Hutchy make it through you're gonna have a fairly substantial Celtic following through, not inconceivable there could be football in Edinburgh on the Friday and Sunday and the fat boys that were crap at football can have their day as planned on the Saturday?

No sure how keen we will be to play Saturday, Tuesday, Friday. Especially when it includes a semi final and Derby. Granted, we might no have a choice.

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 11:54 PM
No sure how keen we will be to play Saturday, Tuesday, Friday. Especially when it includes a semi final and Derby. Granted, we might no have a choice.

We keep going on about how good and big a squad we have, now is the time to utilise it

Lucius Apuleius
14-01-2016, 07:15 AM

That really is a pathetic statement in my opinion.

Since90+2
14-01-2016, 07:15 AM
We keep going on about how good and big a squad we have, now is the time to utilise it

Maybe so but 3 games in 6 days with the last of those being a derby at Tynecastle it's not exactly ideal.

TrinityHibs
14-01-2016, 09:20 AM
Obnoxious morons who get away with a lot because it's "banter".

If it was someone in a football top they'd be thrown out the pub and probably huckled by the police.

Worst type of sports fan, egg chasers.

Thanks pal. I've got tickets for the Scotland England game and hope to get one for the cup game (355 points) Nice to know I am the worst type of sports fan. To be fair your close minded opinion is probably just "banter"

Frazerbob
14-01-2016, 09:34 AM
Thanks pal. I've got tickets for the Scotland England game and hope to get one for the cup game (355 points) Nice to know I am the worst type of sports fan. To be fair your close minded opinion is probably just "banter"

The reverse snobbery from some football fans when it comes to rugby is pathetic. It is possible to enjoy watching or playing both football and rugby, as many do. Some of the anti rugby comments and opinions are embarrassing.

Frazerbob
14-01-2016, 09:36 AM

I wonder if you would call your average rugby player a fat boy to their face?

Bristolhibby
14-01-2016, 09:41 AM
The reverse snobbery from some football fans when it comes to rugby is pathetic. It is possible to enjoy watching or playing both football and rugby, as many do. Some of the anti rugby comments and opinions are embarrassing.

This.

Love football, love rugby. Growing up in Bath, playing rugby was a given.

That said, I'd trade up any rugby result for Hibs promotion or a SC win.

J

lord bunberry
14-01-2016, 11:19 AM
He has a point about rugby fans getting away with much more than football fans. I refuse to work when the rugby is on due to the behaviour of some rugby fans.

TamHibs
14-01-2016, 11:25 AM
I don't understand why it is taking so long to decide on a date & time.

After the last draw, the televised games were announced practically right away!

Phil MaGlass
14-01-2016, 02:05 PM

Its taking way too long, would like to get back for this one but the longer it takes the more flight prices go up.

Diclonius
14-01-2016, 02:08 PM

1. English games

2. Mr Lawell/King, when would your teams like to play?

3. Police Scotland, when out of the remaining times left can Hearts/Hibs play? None? Ehhh ok we'll figure something out.

4. You're getting Thursday lunchtime, deal with it

Since90+2
14-01-2016, 02:11 PM
The Police , SFA , BBC ,Sky , Hibs , Hearts and Celtic will all need to be consulted before the date and time is decided.

That weekend you could potentially have Celtic at Easter Road , 67,000 at Murrayfield for the rugby , an Edinburgh Derby and from a broadcasting angle another 6 nations match to be shown on the Sunday.

I can see why its taking slightly longer than usual but given its only 3 weeks away I would imagine a decision would be made fairly soon.

SteveHFC
14-01-2016, 04:37 PM
On the 7th at half 12 live on sky.

Leithenhibby
14-01-2016, 04:38 PM
The Police , SFA , BBC ,Sky , Hibs , Hearts and Celtic will all need to be consulted before the date and time is decided.

That weekend you could potentially have Celtic at Easter Road , 67,000 at Murrayfield for the rugby , an Edinburgh Derby and from a broadcasting angle another 6 nations match to be shown on the Sunday.

I can see why its taking slightly longer than usual but given its only 3 weeks away I would imagine a decision would be made fairly soon.

It's been made :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/687673070241316866

Moulin Yarns
14-01-2016, 04:41 PM
12:30 on the Sunday

Hutchy Vale v Celtc at 3 on the Sunday if they get through

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 04:41 PM
confirmed 12:30 on the Sunday http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4893

hibs0666
14-01-2016, 04:43 PM

Too slow. :wink:

lord bunberry
14-01-2016, 04:43 PM
Worst time possible

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 04:50 PM
Too slow. :wink:

Bugger. Dam wifi connection :greengrin

RoxburghHibs
14-01-2016, 04:56 PM

My link is better...

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6075

hibee_girl
14-01-2016, 04:56 PM
Thank god! We have strictly tickets for the Friday night and I was genuinely worried id have to break my sons heart and tell him we couldn't go! :greengrin

lucky
14-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Hate Sunday lunchtime kick offs but let the ticket scramble begin.

green&left
14-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Worst time possible

Delighted with it. Fly back from Rome on the Saturday afternoon, Derby on the Sunday, day off work on the Monday :flag:

:party::cheers::sairhead:

monktonharp
14-01-2016, 05:03 PM
I need a calming drink, before a derby. nae pubs open so it will have to be a bottle of buckie for breakfast.

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 05:32 PM
I need a calming drink, before a derby. nae pubs open so it will have to be a bottle of buckie for breakfast.

Pubs open at 11 on Sundays now.

IberianHibernian
16-01-2016, 05:48 PM
The reverse snobbery from some football fans when it comes to rugby is pathetic. It is possible to enjoy watching or playing both football and rugby, as many do. Some of the anti rugby comments and opinions are embarrassing. Fans of both sports will have to make a choice if we beat St Johnstone . Final is at same time as Scotland v France at Murrayfield . Surprised Scottish League chose same date as rugby which`ll have been set a few years ago .

Keith_M
16-01-2016, 06:58 PM
Fans of both sports will have to make a choice if we beat St Johnstone . Final is at same time as Scotland v France at Murrayfield . Surprised Scottish League chose same date as rugby which`ll have been set a few years ago .

When we won the LC in 91, there was a Scotland game on at Murrayfield at the same time.

When we next won it in 2007, we played St-J at Tynecastle in the Semi Final

Not just one but TWO lucky omens this year

:greengrin

Purple & Green
16-01-2016, 08:53 PM
When we won the LC in 91, there was a Scotland game on at Murrayfield at the same time.

When we next won it in 2007, we played St-J at Tynecastle in the Semi Final

Not just one but TWO lucky omens this year

:greengrin

The Scotland England rugby World Cup semi final at murrayfield was the day before our 91 final - what a weekend that was!

Skol
16-01-2016, 09:33 PM
Fans of both sports will have to make a choice if we beat St Johnstone . Final is at same time as Scotland v France at Murrayfield . Surprised Scottish League chose same date as rugby which`ll have been set a few years ago .

Not much of a choice IMO. Hibs in a final or a bunch of hairy brutes chasing a misshapen ball

iwasthere1972
18-01-2016, 05:23 PM
£27 notes for the match. Thought it would be more like £20.

Hermit Crab
18-01-2016, 07:45 PM
From Hibs twitter.

For those asking, ticket info for the derby with Hearts will be announced in the coming days, with sales based on loyalty points.

Billy Whizz
18-01-2016, 07:49 PM
From Hibs twitter.

For those asking, ticket info for the derby with Hearts will be announced in the coming days, with sales based on loyalty points.

I expect they will be on sale from Monday. Hibs will the semi final and St Mirren tickets sold 1st