PDA

View Full Version : which game at tynie would you prefer to win?

monktonharp
11-01-2016, 05:59 PM
personally, I'd rather beat the Saints. draw with that gorgie mob, and take them at ER.:wink::flag::flag: best money spinner for our club too:cb

Golden Bear
11-01-2016, 06:00 PM
No question, the Derby.

PISTOL1875
11-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FromTheCapital
11-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Derby easy but we'll win both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
11-01-2016, 06:06 PM
League cup without question, 2007 was far better than any derby wins.

Hibeesforever
11-01-2016, 06:06 PM
personally, I'd rather beat the Saints. draw with that gorgie mob, and take them at ER.:wink::flag::flag: best money spinner for our club too:cb

Brilliant or just take care of Saints and then absolutely demolish Hearts in the Derby with thousands of Jambos leaving with twenty minutes to go!

SteveHFC
11-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Both.

Lee Marvin
11-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Semi is more important finacially and better chance to win trophy.

In saying that I'll feel more gutted losing the derby

iwasthere1972
11-01-2016, 06:12 PM

If I had to make a decision then that's the one I would make. Wouldn't want to get beat against St Johnstone as the League Cup is our best chance of silverware this season. A draw against THEM would be acceptable with a full house at Easter Road for the replay.

In the meantime I hope that none of the Hearts players suffer any injuries that will see them unavailable for a couple of months. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-01-2016, 06:25 PM
Would swap them both to play them there next season in the league.

Onceinawhile
11-01-2016, 06:26 PM
Both.

Franck Stanton
11-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Don't see what the problem is, we will win both

Jim44
11-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Both. No disrespect to the OP, but why create a hypothetical 'if we could only win one, which would you prefer' situation when it doesn't exist? We've got two really important and winnable cup games ahead of us, and I will be gutted if we lose either. In that eventuality, I will gain 100% compensation if we get the really undisputed prize of promotion, either by winning the league or through the playoffs.

monktonharp
11-01-2016, 06:30 PM
Would swap them both to play them there next season in the league.meaning loose both? I'm just recovering from hospital. don't want a total relapse (wish I had not started this thread :rolleyes:} naw, we will get something out of this:greengrin

iwasthere1972
11-01-2016, 06:32 PM
meaning loose both? I'm just recovering from hospital. don't want a total relapse (wish I had not started this thread :rolleyes:} naw, we will get something out of this:greengrin

Are you on the wind up again? :greengrin

Sir David Gray
11-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Since I can't make the League Cup final, from a purely selfish point of view, I would prefer to win the Scottish Cup match.

Although I do hope we win both.

Pretty Boy
11-01-2016, 06:36 PM
League cup is a chance at a final so if I had to choose than that.

Goes without saying we should be aiming to win both and there's no reason we can't. Play like we did against Aberdeen and Dundee Utd and we have enough to trouble both St Johnstone and them.

Franck Stanton
11-01-2016, 07:25 PM
I'm really scared about playing the ****mies. Not because I think we will get beat, quite the opposite in fact, we will win. So what am I afraid of ? Those hammer-throwers will kick anything that moves [apart from the ball], and I fear for our players safety for the rest of the league campaign. We will have some injury list after this tie,

Steve20
11-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Scottish Cup. Not even a doubt about it.

monktonharp
11-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Both. No disrespect to the OP, but why create a hypothetical 'if we could only win one, which would you prefer' situation when it doesn't exist? We've got two really important and winnable cup games ahead of us, and I will be gutted if we lose either. In that eventuality, I will gain 100% compensation if we get the really undisputed prize of promotion, either by winning the league or through the playoffs.and, no disrespect to you but this was only raised for a point of discussion. I will be starting a new one soon, to discuss what bus should be allowed up the mound, the number 8 or the number 22. get your ammo ready:rolleyes:

Jack
11-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Why should it be a choice?

Hibs will go into every match with the intention of winning.

I'm sure that's what AS said :-)

Me too, I thought to myself.

Onion
11-01-2016, 08:18 PM
LC semi every time. Big day out at Hamdump, and real chance to win silver.

The Yams is just another Yam match. We have bigger goals this season than beating the Yams.

southern hibby
11-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Not giving a monkeys as we will win both, however if we get to the final of either competition will this stop players thinking of league games and be thinking about medals?

I'll be first to say it title and 2 cup finals. Will we win one of the cup finals now that's for another thread to discuss.

GGTTH

monktonharp
11-01-2016, 08:46 PM
Not giving a monkeys as we will win both, however if we get to the final of either competition will this stop players thinking of league games and be thinking about medals?

I'll be first to say it title and 2 cup finals. Will we win one of the cup finals now that's for another thread to discuss.

GGTTH your being hypothetical:duck::tin hat:

OsloHibs
11-01-2016, 08:49 PM
Both :thumbsup:

chrisski33
11-01-2016, 08:52 PM
Both obviously!

xyz23jc
11-01-2016, 09:16 PM
Both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This.:thumbsup::greengrin:agree::gwa:

Pete
11-01-2016, 10:01 PM
Semi.

Beat St. Johnstone and it's a cup final.

Beat hearts and while it's great, we might get horses out by a Dundee or something I the next round.

Both preferably. This is our year.

Jim44
11-01-2016, 10:03 PM
and, no disrespect to you but this was only raised for a point of discussion. I will be starting a new one soon, to discuss what bus should be allowed up the mound, the number 8 or the number 22. get your ammo ready:rolleyes:

No ammo required. Why would I want to shoot down a philosopher? Personally, I would ban all buses from the mound and introduce a stair lift on each side of the railings, making way for a super duper tram line runnng from Liberton Brae to Goldenacre. Opinions, eh? :greengrin

StevieBoyKdy
11-01-2016, 10:24 PM
Win against saints. Take a draw and get them back to Easter road. Their style of football is down right awful. For that reason alone they shouldn't be allowed through to latter parts of tournaments

Scouse Hibee
11-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Semi Final no brainer.

southern hibby
11-01-2016, 10:59 PM
your being hypothetical:duck::tin hat:

Maybe aye maybe nah.

Ponder, ponder.

GGTTH

mim
11-01-2016, 11:05 PM
We can win one, none or two, but if it's to be only one, it must be the semi.
Winning that sends us to Hampden with a very real chance of lifting the league cup again. :gwa:

mjhibby
12-01-2016, 12:07 AM
Would swap them both to play them there next season in the league.

Totally agree. Would love to win the league cup as 2007 was amazing but would want promotion ahead of the cup games as we need to be back in the top league. The saintees seem to be losing their form so hopefully that continues for a few more weeks.

California-Hibs
12-01-2016, 12:37 AM
We'll win both anyway, but at a push...maybe the St Johnstone game as that's us right into the final.

Nutmegged
12-01-2016, 02:55 AM
Its incredible to think that the first Season in 17 years that we aren't in the same League as them and we are still scheduled for Tynecastle two weekends on the bounce.

3pm
12-01-2016, 06:47 AM
The mentality at the club has changed with Stubbs and Dempster and the current squad.

We'll be going to win both. That'll do me.

Nutmegged
12-01-2016, 08:08 AM
The mentality at the club has changed with Stubbs and Dempster and the current squad.

I think in a sense you're correct but I think its more about the only game at Tynecastle that will matter will be the next one, after the League Cup Semi then Morton will be the big game then after that Hearts will be the big game

Onion
12-01-2016, 08:21 AM

Agree to an extent, but the Ibrox loss was the real test of Hibs mettle and many of the players came up short in that one. Better but but a way to go.

Nutmegged
12-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Agree to an extent, but the Ibrox loss was the real test of Hibs mettle and many of the players came up short in that one. Better but but a way to go.

A lot of good teams lose in hostile cauldrens though don't they, look at Celtic, they've beaten some incredible teams at Celtic Park over the years with squads that were nowhere near the level of their opponents but a huge crowd, hostile enviroment can have an effect.

That doesn't make the players bottlers in my opinion, sometimes players just get caught up in the atmosphere.

Bill Milne
12-01-2016, 09:13 AM
Bit of a no brainer but both, obviously!!

Nando™
12-01-2016, 09:16 AM
The amount of people that have failed to understand a simple hypothetical 'either or' question is quite staggering.

Bill Milne
12-01-2016, 09:18 AM
The amount of people that have failed to understand a simple hypothetical 'either or' question is quite staggering.

I ignored the "choice", Nando, because we should never be opting for "either or". No point following Hibs if you want less than the best IMHO.

Nando™
12-01-2016, 09:21 AM
Nobody is opting for either or though, it's a question about which you want to win more. Everyone obviously wants to win both, so these replies are a waste of bandwidth.

And let's be honest, when have Hibs ever had the best?

Bill Milne
12-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Nobody is opting for either or though, it's a question about which you want to win more. Everyone obviously wants to win both, so these replies are a waste of bandwidth.

And let's be honest, when have Hibs ever had the best?

I'm well aware of how p*sh we can be. The point is that I would not dream of attending ANY match if I did not believe the Cabbage were going to win. If you, however, want to settle for "either or", that's your problem, frankly. The question, itself, was not appropriate.

Nando™
12-01-2016, 09:29 AM
I'm well aware of how p*sh we can be. The point is that I would not dream of attending ANY match if I did not believe the Cabbage were going to win. If you, however, want to settle for "either or", that's your problem, frankly. The question, itself, was not appropriate.

If I did want that then, yes, that would be my problem. Cheers.

Why was the question not appropriate?

Bill Milne
12-01-2016, 09:32 AM
If I did want that then, yes, that would be my problem. Cheers.

Why was the question not appropriate?

Because it was presenting us with a situation which was less than I expect from my team ie a choice of wanting us to lose one game in preference to another. To reiterate, I want Hibs to win every game.

Nando™
12-01-2016, 09:37 AM
Because it was presenting us with a situation which was less than I expect from my team ie a choice of wanting us to lose one game in preference to another. To reiterate, I want Hibs to win every game.

It's a hypothetical question. That actual situation was not being presented to anyone in any way whatsoever. We all want Hibs to win every game.

Bill Milne
12-01-2016, 09:43 AM
It's a hypothetical question. That actual situation was not being presented to anyone in any way whatsoever. We all want Hibs to win every game.

So it was a daft question, then!!

Nando™
12-01-2016, 09:53 AM
So it was a daft question, then!!

No, not at all.

NAE NOOKIE
12-01-2016, 11:15 AM
I think in a sense you're correct but I think its more about the only game at Tynecastle that will matter will be the next one, after the League Cup Semi then Morton will be the big game then after that Hearts will be the big game

:agree:

I don't think there has been many periods in recent years where we have had so many important or meaningful games coming one after the other like this. If you take the last league game against Raith Rovers as a starting point, where we had to win to avoid a bad result at Ibrox turning into a mini crisis, we have so many important games to face its unreal.

Raith Rovers ... ( away ) ... Every cup game matters, if for no other reason from a financial point of view ... we now have a money spinner against the Yams

Falkirk ..... ( away ) .... a must win to keep them off our back and stay in touch with Sevco

St Mirren ... ( home ) ... a must win for obvious reasons

St Johnstone ... ( neutral ) .... Winning that gives us a shot at silverwear and a huge payday

Morton .... ( away ) a must win, once again for obvious reasons, at one of the tougher away venues in the league

The Yams ... ( away ) .... where do you start ... its a derby, win and we get bragging rights, a huge confidence boost and go into the quarter finals of the cup.

That's 7 games in the space of 6 weeks, 5 of which are away from home .... That's going to require a huge mental and physical effort from the manager and team.

If we can somehow emerge at the other side of that lot unscathed it will be as good an effort from a Hibs team as I've seen in all my 40 odd years of watching them, I don't care what league we are in, or the comparative quality of Scottish football over the years.

2 down ..... 5 to go :greengrin

WeeRussell
12-01-2016, 11:33 AM
No, not at all.

You're wasting your time I think pal :faf:

HYPOTHETICALLY, and not meaning to offend anyone by saying so..

I think the Semi-Final naturally has to edge it, as Cup Finals should be bigger than any derby.

However, I do think a loss to Hearts has more potential to have a negative effect on the rest of the season, including our promotion bid, than the game against St Johnstone.

Here's hoping we get through both ties, creating more opportunities for posters to get their knickers in a twist because someone asks a 'What If' question. :flag:

Edson Arantes
12-01-2016, 11:39 AM
The derby

The derby

and

The derby.

PatHead
12-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Ask me after the St Johnstone one!

heretoday
12-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Definitely the derby. I cannot imagine any Hibby wanting the alternative in all honesty.

HappyHanlon
12-01-2016, 11:53 AM
Want to win both.

Think for the Derby, we just need to stop them getting shots away from distance. One of the luckiest teams when it comes to deflections.

Eyrie
12-01-2016, 07:23 PM
I'm more optimistic about the semi than I am the derby, but it's the latter I'm more desperate to win.

monktonharp
12-01-2016, 07:45 PM
:agree:

I don't think there has been many periods in recent years where we have had so many important or meaningful games coming one after the other like this. If you take the last league game against Raith Rovers as a starting point, where we had to win to avoid a bad result at Ibrox turning into a mini crisis, we have so many important games to face its unreal.

Raith Rovers ... ( away ) ... Every cup game matters, if for no other reason from a financial point of view ... we now have a money spinner against the Yams

Falkirk ..... ( away ) .... a must win to keep them off our back and stay in touch with Sevco

St Mirren ... ( home ) ... a must win for obvious reasons

St Johnstone ... ( neutral ) .... Winning that gives us a shot at silverwear and a huge payday

Morton .... ( away ) a must win, once again for obvious reasons, at one of the tougher away venues in the league

The Yams ... ( away ) .... where do you start ... its a derby, win and we get bragging rights, a huge confidence boost and go into the quarter finals of the cup.

That's 7 games in the space of 6 weeks, 5 of which are away from home .... That's going to require a huge mental and physical effort from the manager and team.

If we can somehow emerge at the other side of that lot unscathed it will be as good an effort from a Hibs team as I've seen in all my 40 odd years of watching them, I don't care what league we are in, or the comparative quality of Scottish football over the years.

2 down ..... 5 to go :greengrin
Er, you forgot to factor in the draw in Gorgie scenario. that would mean 8 games, with possibly extra time and penalties to decide it. this was originally mentioned as the best money spinner situation, along with a cup final:wink:

MWHIBBIES
12-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Definitely the derby. I cannot imagine any Hibby wanting the alternative in all honesty.You cant imagine a Hibs fan wanting to be in the league cup final?

AngusHibby
12-01-2016, 07:52 PM
Most like to win the league cup semi and least like to lose to hearts... If that makes sense

McKenzie
12-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Derby without a shadow of a doubt, shut the yams up about being a better team.

bigwheel
12-01-2016, 09:08 PM
The semi for me all the way....I'm actually surprised people care that much about them that they would rate it over getting to a cup final....

Scottie
12-01-2016, 09:28 PM
I'm a greedy ba i want them ALL.:aok:

blackpoolhibs
12-01-2016, 09:39 PM
The first one.

Ronniekirk
12-01-2016, 10:47 PM
If we are not going to go on and win the Scottish Cup would rather we got to Leaugue Cup Final and the extra revenue that would generate . Heard someone on radio say hearts get to Scottish cup finals with the year ending in 6 so they are bound to be over confident Settle for a reply at Easterroad and first full house of the Season :rolleyes:

kaimendhibs
12-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Them all

NAE NOOKIE
13-01-2016, 01:14 PM
Er, you forgot to factor in the draw in Gorgie scenario. that would mean 8 games, with possibly extra time and penalties to decide it. this was originally mentioned as the best money spinner situation, along with a cup final:wink:

I did think about including that, but presumed folk would take it as read. It would be another big payday, but I doubt another hard game would do us any favours from a league point of view.

Hibernia&Alba
13-01-2016, 01:25 PM
If I had to pick one, it would be the derby by a million miles: beat the tramps and stay in the hunt for that elusive SC. There's nothing sweeter than ending their dreams, and I can't wait for it.

monktonharp
07-02-2016, 07:49 PM
personally, I'd rather beat the Saints. draw with that gorgie mob, and take them at ER.:wink::flag::flag: best money spinner for our club too:cbGod knows why I thought like that, however, here we go

Nando™
07-02-2016, 08:12 PM
You're wasting your time I think pal :faf:

You're absolutely right, the people on this board are far too stupid to understand something this simple :hilarious

rcarter1
07-02-2016, 08:21 PM
God knows why I thought like that, however, here we go

It was down right cunning, and I like it! :greengrin

monktonharp
07-02-2016, 09:54 PM
I like it too, he says as he smirks:greengrin: