PDA

View Full Version : HSL loyalty points

Ozyhibby
11-01-2016, 05:45 PM
Will the HSL loyalty points be in operation for the Yams match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bristolhibby
11-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Will the HSL loyalty points be in operation for the Yams match?

I hope so, but you have to imagine that season ticket holders will snap up all available briefs.

J

B.H.F.C
11-01-2016, 05:48 PM
No. They don't get added until the start of February by which time tickets will be sold.

Ozyhibby
11-01-2016, 05:49 PM
I hope so, but you have to imagine that season ticket holders will snap up all available briefs.

J

Could put some season ticket holders up the q though.
7000 season tickets, only 3500 tickets available.

Hibeesmad
11-01-2016, 05:52 PM
This match is where loyalty points will really come into play

.Sean.
11-01-2016, 05:55 PM
Hopefully I'll be fine with 427

wookie70
11-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Hope not. I have been to every game bar about three this season and all the loyalty points games the season before. Missed a few points as I paid at gate for a few aways. All those away games will count less than a few quid given to HSL. When we are talking about points required to go to games then the loyalty points should be gained for game attendance. Should have been kept simple imo. Anything else is too complicated. I sit in the West and that costs more than the FF lower but rightly gets the same points. Why should potentially 15 quid or so spent on HSL get so many points.

Ged
11-01-2016, 05:59 PM
As a season ticket holder and HSL subscriber since day 1 I'll be a bit pissed off if I have less priority than a season ticket holder who signed up to HSL at a later date just to get the points.

Stuarty27
11-01-2016, 05:59 PM
This match is where loyalty points will really come into play

Only if the club split them up better, Should be done in 25 point increments from the top down.

This jumping from 400 to 180 is no use.

Am sitting on 335 loyalty points, am worried it goes from 400 to 180 and I may miss out.

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2016, 07:50 PM
As a season ticket holder and HSL subscriber since day 1 I'll be a bit pissed off if I have less priority than a season ticket holder who signed up to HSL at a later date just to get the points.

HSL should never have been given points, but what about those who shelled out more than HSL buying shares directly.....It was HSL who offered those, that made 4 Direct Debits the same as those who joined from day 1......

Should be game attendance only, been done to death, but still a shocking decision.........

marinello59
11-01-2016, 07:52 PM

You will get the HSL points if you signed up on day one. I think.

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2016, 07:54 PM

No, if you have made 4 Direct Debits prior to Feb, you will also get them

Ged
11-01-2016, 07:57 PM

So just to confirm, those who signed up right away and have continued to pay DD's will get the points?

Albeit after these tickets are dished out by the sound of things.

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2016, 07:58 PM
So just to confirm, those who signed up right away and have continued to pay DD's will get the points?

Yip

Ged
11-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Yip

Thanks. I didn't edit my post in time, but I assume tickets will be sold for this game before the points are applied anyway.

Leithenhibby
11-01-2016, 07:59 PM
HSL should never have been given points, but what about those who shelled out more than HSL buying shares directly.....It was HSL who offered those, that made 4 Direct Debits the same as those who joined from day 1......

Should be game attendance only, been done to death, but still a shocking decision.........

Leeann mentioned everything about the loyalty points at the AGM. Decision was made by club.

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2016, 08:01 PM
Leeann mentioned everything about the loyalty points at the AGM. Decision was made by club.

HSL proposed it with no counter argument. It is a shocking decision whatever side of the fence you stand on.....

11-01-2016, 08:02 PM

On my account it doesnt show up that my HSL loyalty points have been added? I've been signed up to HSL since last febuary.

Ozyhibby
11-01-2016, 08:02 PM

Albeit after these tickets are dished out by the sound of things.

Correct.
And as the game is after Feb 1st, people with HSL loyalty points should get to use them.

marinello59
11-01-2016, 08:03 PM

I meant in addition to those who make 4 DD payments. :greengrin
I think these points were a mistake but I do wonder if there will be many people that this will make a great deal of difference to.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 08:04 PM
On my account it doesnt show up that my HSL loyalty points have been added? I've been signed up to HSL since last febuary.

Thats because they've not been added yet.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 08:06 PM
Correct.
And as the game is after Feb 1st, people with HSL loyalty points should get to use them.

I don't know how hsl got away with bribing fans to part with money for loyalty points. Disgraceful.

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2016, 08:07 PM
Correct.

Nonsense.......

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2016, 08:09 PM
I meant in addition to those who make 4 DD payments. :greengrin
I think these points were a mistake but I do wonder if there will be many people that this will make a great deal of difference to.

:aok:

Time will tell J.......

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 08:09 PM
Nonsense.......

He's at it BF.

Pretty Boy
11-01-2016, 08:10 PM
I don't know how hsl got away with bribing fans to part with money for loyalty points. Disgraceful.

They didn't.

HSL approached the club for an 'incentive' for people to sign up that wouldn't cost the club money.

The decision reached by the club and HSL was that loyalty points were what the club could offer.

Personally I can 100% see the argument being put forward against this but if anyone is doing any 'bribing' here it's Hibs.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 08:12 PM
They didn't.

HSL approached the club for an 'incentive' for people to sign up that wouldn't cost the club money.

The decision reached by the club and HSL was that loyalty points were what the club could offer.

Personally I can 100% see the argument being put forward against this but if anyone is doing any 'bribing' here it's Hibs.

In turn that means that hsl punters can have more points than someone who's been to every game..... Seems legit.

B.H.F.C
11-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Correct.

Disagree. The points get allocated on the start of February. That was the deal and the goalposts can't be moved. You qualify based on your points total at the date of purchase.

Even as someone who'll benefit from HSL points, I don't think its right.

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2016, 08:14 PM
They didn't.

HSL and Hibs should have left the points alone....I feel it was sneaky and underhand.....

Pretty Boy
11-01-2016, 08:15 PM
In turn that means that hsl punters can have more points than someone who's been to every game..... Seems legit.

I said I saw the argument against, I don't need it spelled out to me.

That's a bit different from saying HSL are getting away with bribery though.

Pretty Boy
11-01-2016, 08:17 PM
HSL and Hibs should have left the points alone....I feel it was sneaky and underhand.....

I agree it should probably have been left alone. It was seen as a way of encouraging sign up without costing Hibs money. Unfortunately I think it wasn't particularly well thought through, especially as it potentially gives an HSL member more points than a non member who attends every week. Whether it will have any effect on people ability to get a ticket for a game they want remains to be seen.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 08:17 PM
I said I saw the argument against, I don't need it spelled out to me.

That's a bit different from saying HSL are getting away with bribery though.

Well it kind of is. Sign up, give us your money and we''ll give you X amount of loyalty points for tickets.

flash
11-01-2016, 08:18 PM
Certainly seems to have stirred up the loyalty police.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 08:19 PM
I agree it should probably have been left alone. It was seen as a way of encouraging sign up without costing Hibs money. Unfortunately I think it wasn't particularly well thought through, especially as it gave potentially gives an HSL member more points than a non member who attends every week. Whether it will have any effect on people ability to get a ticket for a game they want remains to be seen.

Thankfully it won't effect ticket sales for this cup match as they should be on sale in a week or two.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 08:20 PM

Do you agree with it? Someone who's been to every game could miss out over someone who's not been attending every game?

HH81
11-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Can anyone inform me how many points are getting added for this?

stantonhibby
11-01-2016, 08:23 PM
Can anyone inform me how many points are getting added for this?

100 I think

easty
11-01-2016, 08:24 PM

:tee hee:

Loyalty points debates are this generations flag debates. Love reading them. :greengrin

flash
11-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Do you agree with it? Someone who's been to every game could miss out over someone who's not been attending every game?

Don't care either way. I used to like the 6 hour wait for tickets.

HH81
11-01-2016, 08:26 PM
100 I think

Cheers.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Don't care either way. I used to like the 6 hour wait for tickets.

No, you won't care until you miss out because hsl members have snapped up ll the tickets....

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2016, 08:29 PM

:faf:

stantonhibby
11-01-2016, 08:30 PM
:tee hee:

Loyalty points debates are this generations flag debates. Love reading them. :greengrin

Me too.....thing is the folk who seem to be getting most het up will always get a ticket as they go home and away anyway.

CapitalGreen
11-01-2016, 08:44 PM
Me too.....thing is the folk who seem to be getting most het up will always get a ticket as they go home and away anyway.

It's almost as if they are more worried about someone having more points than they have. It's highly unlikely they would ever miss out on a ticket...

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2016, 08:48 PM
It's almost as if they are more worried about someone having more points than they have. It's highly unlikely they would ever miss out on a ticket...

The points scheme was implemented as a fairer way to distribute tickets for smaller venues for game attendees.....HSL should never have been awarded points.....Nothing to do with worrying, more trying to cater for fans who attend.....

Ozyhibby
11-01-2016, 08:49 PM

Nailed it. [emoji23]

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Nailed it. [emoji23]

Ah the new HSL spokesman.......

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 08:53 PM
Nailed it. [emoji23]

I wonder, do you stand to benefit from this points scandal? No wonder you want the points added before the Hearts tickets go on sale.

easty
11-01-2016, 08:55 PM
I wonder, do you stand to benefit from this points scandal? No wonder you want the points added before the Hearts tickets go on sale.

He's on loyalty points commission, he's cleaning up.

stantonhibby
11-01-2016, 08:56 PM

Points scandal?? Seriously ?

Ozyhibby
11-01-2016, 08:57 PM
Ah the new HSL spokesman.......

I only speak for myself.

Bostonhibby
11-01-2016, 08:59 PM
I'm very pleased that hibs found a way to recognize the loyalty of those of us who sunk in our cash immediately without question or expectations and also those who continue to contribute now. It makes no difference to me when the scramble for tickets begins but I feel that my loyalty to my team is worth no less than someone who has a season ticket and lives close enough to get to more games than I currently can.

HH81
11-01-2016, 09:02 PM
I'm very pleased that hibs found a way to recognize the loyalty of those of us who sunk in our cash immediately without question or expectations and also those who continue to contribute now. It makes no difference to me when the scramble for tickets begins but I feel that my loyalty to my team is worth no less than someone who has a season ticket and lives close enough to get to more games than I currently can.

This for me. Seems someone people just want to be top of the loyalty tree.

Ozyhibby
11-01-2016, 09:11 PM

Spot on.

Ozyhibby
11-01-2016, 09:11 PM
He's on loyalty points commission, he's cleaning up.

[emoji23][emoji23]

Leithenhibby
11-01-2016, 09:31 PM
HSL proposed it with no counter argument. It is a shocking decision whatever side of the fence you stand on.....

As I have already stated, Leeann, cleared it up at the AGM. Or so I thought.

You were there. and you know exactly what was said. :wink:

JimBHibees
11-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Is this such a huge issue a few folk get 100 points for putting money into the club? Probably a good thing for fans who stay far away and aren't able to go every week.

HibernianJK
11-01-2016, 09:35 PM
Does anyone know how long after a purchase loyalty points go on to your account?

Ringothedog
11-01-2016, 09:39 PM
Will I get 200 loyalty points for the 2 HSL payments I am making ?

Leithenhibby
11-01-2016, 09:41 PM

Top post :top marks

The club have stated on numerous occasions that the loyalty points will evolve and change course as they see fit.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Does anyone know how long after a purchase loyalty points go on to your account?

Its usually a few days.

Andy74
11-01-2016, 09:44 PM
Is this such a huge issue a few folk get 100 points for putting money into the club? Probably a good thing for fans who stay far away and aren't able to go every week.

Yeah but some people might get overtaken....

I'm yet to hear about a situation where a regular attendee can't get a ticket for any game.

My interpretation of the scheme when it was announced was to bridge a gap for people who walked up or contributed to the club and previously got no priority at all.

Since then it seems to have been morphed into a who is the most loyal race.

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2016, 09:44 PM
As I have already stated, Leeann, cleared it up at the AGM. Or so I thought.

You were there. and you know exactly what was said. :wink:

Not sure the point of the wink? I know exactly what was said, does that make it right?

cabbageandribs1875
11-01-2016, 09:45 PM
mon the HSL points :paid:

Carheenlea
11-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Top post :top marks

The club have stated on numerous occasions that the loyalty points will evolve and change course as they see fit.

If the thing strays from the simple process of allocating points for attendance to enable fair ticket distribution then the club should consider changing the name of the scheme to something else.

Geo_1875
11-01-2016, 09:48 PM
I' m disappointed that there are no loyalty points on offer to those of us that purchased shares directly from the club. None of this paying up on the never never for us.

Ozyhibby
11-01-2016, 09:50 PM

I think that's how most people see it.

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2016, 09:51 PM
I' m disappointed that there are no loyalty points on offer to those of us that purchased shares directly from the club. None of this paying up on the never never for us.

You own shares was the answer I was given on this one G......

Leithenhibby
11-01-2016, 09:55 PM
Not sure the point of the wink? I know exactly what was said, does that make it right?

As you said on post 10, it's been done to death.

I'm out.

Ringothedog
11-01-2016, 09:56 PM
You own shares was the answer I was given on this one G......

Still unfair though. I couldn't care less about the HSL points I will get and feel that Hibs have shot themselves in the foot doing this.

Eyrie
11-01-2016, 10:44 PM
If the thing strays from the simple process of allocating points for attendance to enable fair ticket distribution then the club should consider changing the name of the scheme to something else.

It's a loyalty scheme, not an attendance scheme :dunno:

I can see both sides of the argument here (or three sides if you take into account that shareholders will miss out). Anything that puts money into the club or increases support for the team at a game is to be encouraged.

lucky
11-01-2016, 10:45 PM

HSL is not paying up on the never never. It's a monthly contribution to HSL who purchase shares with money going direct to the playing budget. I'm a shareholder and HSL member. My shares are jerished. I own part of my club. HSL is a way for fans to come together and try and get ownership of the club as a collective. The extra 100 points was a great idea and it appears to have got more money into Hibs. I appreciate that fans that go go away games ( I do) only get 5 points per match but the reality is they are not paying into the club financial but do emotionally with their support.

wookie70
11-01-2016, 11:09 PM
HSL is not paying up on the never never. It's a monthly contribution to HSL who purchase shares with money going direct to the playing budget. I'm a shareholder and HSL member. My shares are jerished. I own part of my club. HSL is a way for fans to come together and try and get ownership of the club as a collective. The extra 100 points was a great idea and it appears to have got more money into Hibs. I appreciate that fans that go go away games ( I do) only get 5 points per match but the reality is they are not paying into the club financial but do emotionally with their support.

If it's about financial commitment then it needs to be done on a pounds spent or at least a pounds profit made. There is a difference in costs between various season tickets from £25 to over £400. If it is about pounds spent then what stand you are in could determine loyalty points awarded. I have got a good number of loyalty points and tend not to go to Ibrox because of the bother so it hasn't been an issue up till now. At some point it will be though. I will have no problem with not getting a ticket because someone has been to more games than me. I may feel differently if the HSL award is a decider.

The immaturity of the scheme is maybe a big part of the problem but the encouragement given to sign up to HSL seemed OTT for the potential commitment the participant may have made. Perhaps 100 points once you had contributed enough to buy a share not for 3 fiver direct debits.

Libby Hibby
11-01-2016, 11:46 PM
The club are actively trying to tempt more fans into joining the HSL scheme and see the award of loyalty points as some sort of reward for doing so.

The club have said that the loyalty scheme will evolve as and when they see fit. This is just one of these times.

I see nothing wrong with this. Perhaps some do but maybe the next time the club use loyalty points as an incentive to fans in some other promotion that it may tempt some to purchase it and some not to. It's all down to preference and affordability at the time.

Hibs Loyalty points are, in a way, no different to supermarket loyalty schemes all designed to suit their customers and also generate income for their business.

It is just like when shampoo is on double points in the local Tesco, what use is that to people that choose to bald? None whatsoever but it still happens. You can't cater for all. The HSL reward is just like double points shampoo, it suits and rewards the people who choose to be in it and doesn't the ones that choose not to be.

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
12-01-2016, 12:13 AM
The club are actively trying to tempt more fans into joining the HSL scheme and see the award of loyalty points as some sort of reward for doing so.

The club have said that the loyalty scheme will evolve as and when they see fit. This is just one of these times.

I see nothing wrong with this. Perhaps some do but maybe the next time the club use loyalty points as an incentive to fans in some other promotion that it may tempt some to purchase it and some not to. It's all down to preference and affordability at the time.

Hibs Loyalty points are, in a way, no different to supermarket loyalty schemes all designed to suit their customers and also generate income for their business.

It is just like when shampoo is on double points in the local Tesco, what use is that to people that choose to bald? None whatsoever but it still happens. You can't cater for all. The HSL reward is just like double points shampoo, it suits and rewards the people who choose to be in it and doesn't the ones that choose not to be.

GGTTH

Couldn't have said it better myself.

hibee_nation
12-01-2016, 12:13 AM

GGTTH

Head and shoulders above the other posts on this thread.