PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings

Hibeesmad
11-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Wolves wanting him to replace Afobe

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/10126420/sky-sources-understand-wolves-are-interested-in-hibernian-striker-jason-cummings

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 03:09 PM
Take the money.

JimBHibees
11-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Take the money.

How much?

Rasta_Hibs
11-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Get him tied to a new contract pronto!!!

Then sell in 2 years for big cash I think.

southsider
11-01-2016, 03:14 PM
Did they not get £10 mil for him ? They can have Jason for half that. Tidy profit. Win-win.

B.H.F.C
11-01-2016, 03:14 PM
Take the money.

I'd rather keep our best striker.

DanHFC1875
11-01-2016, 03:15 PM
We'd be crazy to sell Cummings when going for promotion. We must go up one way or another, selling your top scorer half way through the season is not acceptable... take the money?! No thanks. Keep him, NOT FOR SALE. :na na:

Ozyhibby
11-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Can't understand why people want to sell? Promotion has to be our only priority just now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanHFC1875
11-01-2016, 03:16 PM
agreed :aok:

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 03:19 PM
How much?

We don't know yet.

emerald green
11-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Just because it's reported somewhere that a club is "interested" in a particular player from another club doesn't mean that player is going anywhere.

There will be loads of rubbish like this getting bandied about while the transfer window is open. Non story.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 03:22 PM
We'd be crazy to sell Cummings when going for promotion. We must go up one way or another, selling your top scorer half way through the season is not acceptable... take the money?! No thanks. Keep him, NOT FOR SALE. :na na:

Money talks.

SeanWilson
11-01-2016, 03:23 PM
it really gets my goat that he'll prob end up away for about 750K, when if he was playing for either of the ugly sisters; English championship clubs would be willing to pay 2M+... It will really come down to whether Jason is willing to sacrifice a bigger wage deal for another year... I'm not sure many young lads are willing to turn down big money moves (or should do, given its their career and a short one)... From a selfish point of view, i'd love him to stay - from a realistic point of view, i would completely understand if he decided to leave us for a Wolves/Leeds/Derby type team...

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 03:25 PM
it really gets my goat that he'll prob end up away for about 750K, when if he was playing for either of the ugly sisters; English championship clubs would be willing to pay 2M+... It will really come down to whether Jason is willing to sacrifice a bigger wage deal for another year... I'm not sure many young lads are willing to turn down big money moves (or should do, given its their career and a short one)... From a selfish point of view, i'd love him to stay - from a realistic point of view, i would completely understand if he decided to leave us for a Wolves/Leeds/Derby type team...

He might hand in a transfer request even if Hibs say not for sale.

NorthNorfolkHFC
11-01-2016, 03:31 PM
In todays climate it HAS to be £2 million. He has bags of potential. If his name was Jasingno Cummingsaldo he'd be leaving for £10 mil so why not, we always undersell ouorsleves.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 03:36 PM
In todays climate it HAS to be £2 million. He has bags of potential. If his name was Jasingno Cummingsaldo he'd be leaving for £10 mil so why not, we always undersell ouorsleves.

No chance, the days of us selling players for that sort of price are long gone. He is a championship player at present, unproven at any higher level, the price will reflect that.

Iceman1875
11-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Anything around £1.5m needs to be listened to. Anything less, move on wolves, respectfully [emoji6]

At Easter Road we play...

Ryan69
11-01-2016, 03:40 PM
No chance, the days of us selling players for that sort of price are long gone. He is a championship player at present, unproven at any higher level, the price will reflect that.

No deal then....

English teams just see Scotland as a cheap picking ground anyway.

Lee Marvin
11-01-2016, 03:41 PM

Lewis McLeod went for 950k.

Anything under 1.5m is almost theft

Onceinawhile
11-01-2016, 03:42 PM
Wolves shafted us on sparky. They can gtf.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 03:43 PM

No they didn't.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 03:45 PM
Anything around £1.5m needs to be listened to. Anything less, move on wolves, respectfully [emoji6]

No deal then....

English teams just see Scotland as a cheap picking ground anyway.

Lewis McLeod went for 950k.

Anything under 1.5m is almost theft

Money talks, those figures are in my opinion unlikely.

Onion
11-01-2016, 03:46 PM
If Hibs can get Stokes for rest of season and the money offered for JC is reasonable, expect Hibs to sell. Stokes will be best striker in the Champ by a distance.

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2016, 03:47 PM

You don't rate JC, but why sell our top scorer on the cheap? Would have to be a big offer to make Hibs even think of opening talks........

JimBHibees
We don't know yet.

You said take the money, he will only move if it is a good deal for Hibs. He is a talent and will only get better as his development has shown.

SeanWilson

In what way did Wolves 'shaft us'?:confused:

JimBHibees
11-01-2016, 03:48 PM

Agree entirely.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 03:50 PM
You don't rate JC, but why sell our top scorer on the cheap? Would have to be a big offer to make Hibs even think of opening talks........

He's untested at a higher level, wolves will know this and their offer - should there be one will reflect that.

JimBHibees
11-01-2016, 03:51 PM

How much would you sell him for?

JimBHibees
11-01-2016, 03:52 PM
He's untested at a higher level, wolves will know this and their offer - should there be one will reflect that.

He has scored against Premier teams in Scotland and also for U21s and to me is only getting better, why dont you rate him? :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2016, 03:53 PM

His two goals in play off match, and League Cup goals against Aberdeen and Utd, won't have gone un-noticed, teams do their homework and build dossiers of player's.......

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 03:53 PM
How much would you sell him for?

I would sell for around 8-900k plus add ons.

Wilson
11-01-2016, 03:54 PM

We don't have to sell. Don't want to sell either I would imagine. Their offer would need to overcome that.

I wouldn't sell in any case. Promotion above all else.

Geo_1875
11-01-2016, 03:55 PM

Why unlikely? Brentford paid £950K for a young guy that had never played higher than the Scottish First Division. Why should we accept less for a striker who scores for fun in the Championship?

NorthNorfolkHFC
11-01-2016, 03:56 PM
A potential £57.6 million for Antony Martial who at Monaco scored 11 in 49.

Domenico Berardi being linked with Arsenal at a deal that will have to be above £15 million for a striker that has scored 45 in 110 for Sassuola who have only been in Serie A for two seasons.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 03:56 PM
He has scored against Premier teams in Scotland and also for U21s and to me is only getting better, why dont you rate him? :confused:

I think Malonga is a better all round player than JC. I just don't think he is as good as a lot of people on here say he is.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 03:57 PM
A potential £57.6 million for Antony Martial who at Monaco scored 11 in 49.

Domenico Berardi being linked with Arsenal at a deal that will have to be above £15 million for a striker that has scored 45 in 110 for Sassuola who have only been in Serie A for two seasons.

What point are you trying to make? :confused:

Edson Arantes
11-01-2016, 03:59 PM
Piss head Pele is saying nothing!! :party:

Jokes apart, it would be madness to sell him just now.

Best striker by a mile :flag:

JimBHibees
11-01-2016, 03:59 PM
I would sell for around 8-900k plus add ons.

That would be underselling him IMO. No need to sell so we are in the driving seat, wouldnt accept anything less than 1.5m with add ons.

B.H.F.C
11-01-2016, 04:00 PM
I think Malonga is a better all round player than JC. I just don't think he is as good as a lot of people on here say he is.

Do you think we'll get someone on our budget who'll score as many goals? Bearing in mind you'd expect him to reach at least 25 this season.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Do you think we'll get someone on our budget who'll score as many goals? Bearing in mind you'd expect him to reach at least 25 this season.

Whats our budget?

JimBHibees

Cracking young talent IMO and his play has developed under Stubbs from last season and IMO will only get better. Really good big game attitude also as he seems to score in all of them from playing against Premier teams, play offs and also Derbies.

Smartie
The Petrie era conditioned us to be happy losing our best players as long as we got good money for them.

The little money that was channelled back into the squad was squandered on crap so I'll forever be suspicious of the mindset that sees folk happy to flog our best players.

Whilst Stubbs appears to have an eye for a player and has performed admirably for us in the transfer market I don't get any pleasure seeing our best players leave and I wonder how we would go about getting a player as good as Cummings to join us whilst we're in the First Division, regardless how much of the money from the sale of Cummings is reinvested back into the squad.

Bostonhibby
11-01-2016, 04:02 PM
That would be underselling him IMO. No need to sell so we are in the driving seat, wouldnt accept anything less than 1.5m with add ons.

:agree: anything that is perceived as a bad deal could easily have a negative effect on HSL and other positive developments. I'd offer the guy the best deal we can for a couple of years and refuse to sell, Promotion with the best players that belong to us is the target in my view.

Bostonhibby
11-01-2016, 04:02 PM
The Petrie era conditioned us to be happy losing our best players as long as we got good money for them.

The little money that was channelled back into the squad was squandered on crap so I'll forever be suspicious of the mindset that sees folk happy to flog our best players.

Whilst Stubbs appears to have an eye for a player and has performed admirably for us in the transfer market I don't get any pleasure seeing our best players leave and I wonder how we would go about getting a player as good as Cummings to join us whilst we're in the First Division, regardless how much of the money from the sale of Cummings is reinvested back into the squad.

:top marks

JimBHibees
11-01-2016, 04:03 PM
:agree: anything that is perceived as a bad deal could easily have a negative effect on HSL and other positive developments. I'd offer the guy the best deal we can for a couple of years and refuse to sell, Promotion with the best players that belong to us is the target in my view.

Agree entirely. Would be a very poor message to send when in a promotion battle.

Brightside

Why is no-one looking to sign Dom then?

CapitalGreen

Wolves just sold their Afobe for 10m who is unproven at higher level. In fact, you could say he'd failed at the higher level having dropped down a league having made no impact with Arsenal.

FromTheCapital
11-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Put it this way:
Sell Cummings and fail to replace him properly, the title race is over imo.

greenlex
11-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Stubbs has already said it will take a lot of money to get him. Relax. As said above anthing under 1.5 Million is robbery.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Why is no-one looking to sign Dom then?

How do we know they are not?

MagicSwirlingShip
11-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Not for Sale. At any price :agree: Not during this window anyway.

Let him stay and fire us back up to the Premiership. His value will rocket then and Hibs won't stand in his way should the right offer come in.

Smartie
11-01-2016, 04:07 PM

He's not perfect but he's very, very good and has managed to squeeze a lot of "experiences" into a short career which should serve him well in future.

More than anything Cummings is still improving and looks like he will continue to do so, who knows how good he might end up?

It's a shame for him that his Hibs career has been mainly in the Championship as it's a stick many use to beat him with. I have no doubt he'd be scoring regularly if we were in the Premier League (see his record against Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United these past 18 months) and if he was he'd be considered an even hotter property than he currently is.

There is no doubt that beyond the end of this season he needs to play at a higher level than he's currently at.

B.H.F.C
11-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Whats our budget?

You know fine well I don't know the answer to that and you're trying to dodge the question to suit your argument. To rephrase it, if we sell Cummings do you think we will get someone in for the remainder of the season who will have the same goals/game ratio? Keep in mind that currently, our second top scorer has 7 goals so it's not particularly easy.

SeanWilson
11-01-2016, 04:10 PM
You know fine well I don't know the answer to that and you're trying to dodge the question to suit your argument. To rephrase it, if we sell Cummings do you think we will get someone in for the remainder of the season who will have the same goals/game ratio? Keep in mind that currently, our second top scorer has 7 goals so it's not particularly easy.

If we sign a fit and ready Stokes, yes, 100%.

lord bunberry
11-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Why would we sell someone who is going get us a minimum 25 goals this season and replace him with someone who might not? Selling Cummings would tell me all I need to know about our ambitions.
If we want to sell him or he wants to go it must be the end of the season.

Iceman1875
11-01-2016, 04:12 PM
Malonga better than JC? Have a word. Right now JC is proving he's better than Dom and will only get better.

Is current market value id value JC at £1.2m and Malonga around £400k IMO.

B.H.F.C
11-01-2016, 04:12 PM

Fit and ready may be the problem there as he's hardly played. Although, once fit, I think he would absolutely score goals.

greenlex
11-01-2016, 04:13 PM
Why would we sell someone who is going get us a minimum 25 goals this season and replace him with someone who might not? Selling Cummings would tell me all I need to know about our ambitions.
If we want to sell him or he wants to go it must be the end of the season.

What if we replace him with someone who could get 30?

lord bunberry
11-01-2016, 04:13 PM
I'd like both

Dashing Bob S
11-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Relax bedwetters. Players move on, it's all part of footballing life.

Stubbs won't sell unless a) he gets big bucks b) a proper replacement (Stokesy?).

I'm not into selling our top players, but I'd rather do it from a position of strength than have us all fretting in a year about a mythical contract extension we know his agent will never let him sign.

Besides, if he doesn't hack it down there, he'll be back in 18 months for a song in Stubbsy rehab, banging them in back in the Premier for the Greens.

Onion
11-01-2016, 04:14 PM

Malonga is technically a better player, but too often plays for Malonga FC and moodys around the park for long spells - hence why he plays for Hibs. JC scores goals for fun, has a great attitude and will improve further with the right coaching.

lord bunberry
11-01-2016, 04:15 PM
What if we replace him with someone who could get 30?
That would be a gamble though. We've already got a proven goal scorer who doesn't need time to gel or get match fit. Now is not the time to sell our top goal scorer.

Onion
11-01-2016, 04:16 PM

Stubbs won't sell unless a) he gets big bucks b) a proper replacement (Stokesy?).

I'm not into selling our top players, but I'd rather do it from a position of strength than have us all fretting in a year about a mythical contract extension we know his agent will never let him sign.

Besides, if he doesn't hack it down there, he'll be back in 18 months for a song in Stubbsy rehab, banging them in back in the Premier for the Greens.

That'll be for Celtic, then :cb

TamHibs
11-01-2016, 04:16 PM

Is Stokes fit though, as in match fit. Could take a few weeks for that to happen which could see us out the cup & losing ground in the title race.

By all means bring Stokes in as I think he will score goals for fun at this level when fully match fit but surely not at the expense of a player who's scored nearly 40 goals in 2 seasons for us

Since90+2
11-01-2016, 04:17 PM
As has been said the only chance he will be allowed to go is if we have someone lined up (eg Stokes) that is likely to score the same amount of goals.

Cant see if happening but he will 100% go in the summer.

SeanWilson
11-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Fit and ready may be the problem there as he's hardly played. Although, once fit, I think he would absolutely score goals.

Thats the question mark... if fit and good to go, i'd be less concerned (though i'd be delighted at the prospect of Stokes, Jason and Dom in the sam team!) :greengrin

greenlex
11-01-2016, 04:18 PM
That would be a gamble though. We've already got a proven goal scorer who doesn't need time to gel or get match fit. Now is not the time to sell our top goal scorer.

I agree. Lots of variables tho. He could lose form. Get a serious injury. No guarantees either way. For the record a Keatings played up top will score plenty and I also think once Dagnall gets up to speed he do likewise. Chuck in a replacement for Cummings and I think we wil do just fine in any event. Totally relaxed either way.

SeanWilson
11-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Is Stokes fit though, as in match fit. Could take a few weeks for that to happen which could see us out the cup & losing ground in the title race.

By all means bring Stokes in as I think he will score goals for fun at this level when fully match fit but surely not at the expense of a player who's scored nearly 40 goals in 2 seasons for us

I was merely pointing out that we are perhaps on the verge of signing someone who could equal if not go better than Jason at this level... i'd absolutely love to see them both start for us - i think that could win us the league if everyone else stays fit... also - people are forgetting Chris Dagnall, he may turn out to be an acquisition an a half...

JimBHibees
11-01-2016, 04:21 PM

The thing about Stokes also is he cant play against Celtic in the cups with probably a 50% chance we will play them in the League cup final assuming he isnt already cup tied.

TamHibs
11-01-2016, 04:23 PM
I was merely pointing out that we are perhaps on the verge of signing someone who could equal if not go better than Jason at this level... i'd absolutely love to see them both start for us - i think that could win us the league if everyone else stays fit... also - people are forgetting Chris Dagnall, he may turn out to be an acquisition an a half...

I thought Dagnall played well on Saturday without scoring. His experience at a higher level showed with the types of runs he was making. :agree:

TamHibs
11-01-2016, 04:24 PM
The thing about Stokes also is he cant play against Celtic in the cups with probably a 50% chance we will play them in the League cup final assuming he isnt already cup tied.

He can play in the league cup as he hasn't featured for Celtic but you're correct that should we play Celtic in either cup then he would be ineligible as is always the case when teams play the players parent club

Only time that rule doesn't exist is in European competition

JimBHibees
11-01-2016, 04:24 PM
I thought Dagnall played well on Saturday without scoring. His experience at a higher level showed with the types of runs he was making. :agree:

He will definitely score a few for us IMO.

SeanWilson
11-01-2016, 04:26 PM

absolutely!:agree:

brog
11-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Take the money.

Did Jason run off with your girl or something? You've posted about 10 times on this thread pretty much saying the same thing every time. Unless something unforeseen happens JC's value in the summer will be at least as high if not higher than now. Why sell probably the most high profile talent in Scotland now when we're competing for 3 trophies? You're right on one thing, English clubs will try to get him on the cheap & for that reason, don't forget AS knows the English market very well, I'm very confident JC will be here at least until summer.

Smartie
11-01-2016, 04:53 PM

After one line of your post I was wondering if your hibs.net account had been hacked by Rod Petrie.

Titch
11-01-2016, 04:57 PM
He can play in the league cup as he hasn't featured for Celtic but you're correct that should we play Celtic in either cup then he would be ineligible as is always the case when teams play the players parent club

Only time that rule doesn't exist is in European competition

Booth played against us for Raith ( whilst on loan )in the scottish a few years ago

TamHibs
11-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Booth played against us for Raith ( whilst on loan )in the scottish a few years ago

Obviously weren't worried he would do us damage that day.......

Didn't work out like that :greengrin

Smartie
11-01-2016, 05:23 PM
Obviously weren't worried he would do us damage that day.......

Didn't work out like that :greengrin

Hindsight eh?

"It's ok for you to play Calum Booth against us if we draw you in the cup. We've got Ryan McGivern to play LB for us after all…….."

Torto7062
11-01-2016, 05:50 PM
If Hibs are offered say £5 million plus a 25% sell on and we get Stokes in....I say sell

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

TamHibs
11-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Hindsight eh?

"It's ok for you to play Calum Booth against us if we draw you in the cup. We've got Ryan McGivern to play LB for us after all…….."

Ryan McGivern, Jesus......

SeanWilson
11-01-2016, 06:16 PM
If Hibs are offered say £5 million plus a 25% sell on and we get Stokes in....I say sell

You are aware it's 2015, Scottish football is absolutely torture and we're not all on LSD anymore, yeah?

NAE NOOKIE
11-01-2016, 06:17 PM

:faf:

Dashing Bob S
11-01-2016, 06:22 PM
That'll be for Celtic, then :cb

Yes, because they are famous for taking Scottish talents that didn't make it down south and then painstakingly rebuilding their careers.

SeanWilson
11-01-2016, 06:22 PM

You are aware it's 2015, Scottish football is absolutely torture and we're not all on LSD anymore, yeah?

easty
11-01-2016, 06:25 PM
Bournemouth have just signed Lewis Grabben from Norwich for £7m! If that's what Championship standard strikers are going for down there then we shouldn't be taking any wee diddy bids for Cummings.

Torto7062
11-01-2016, 06:27 PM
We can but dream

eastmainsmsh
11-01-2016, 07:03 PM
2 million plus give pars 50k for timbukthooey lol

NorthNorfolkHFC
11-01-2016, 07:15 PM
What point are you trying to make? :confused:

Is it not fairly obvious?

Silly money being paid for youngsters around Europe. Scoring records not dissimilar to Jason's.

Martial had champs league experience but his fee is nearly 60 million. That's unreal!!! Jason could easily be a 2 million striker.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

J-C
11-01-2016, 07:19 PM
Bournemouth have just signed Lewis Grabben from Norwich for £7m! If that's what Championship standard strikers are going for down there then we shouldn't be taking any wee diddy bids for Cummings.

Last time I looked both teams were in the EPL.

MWHIBBIES
11-01-2016, 07:22 PM
Hindsight eh?

"It's ok for you to play Calum Booth against us if we draw you in the cup. We've got Ryan McGivern to play LB for us after all…….."We were right, McGivern was a better player.

Onceinawhile
11-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Put it this way:
Sell Cummings and fail to replace him properly, the title race is over imo.

Indeed, just look at the two Raith games.

Played with him and we won 1-0 but without him we only manage to score twice the number of goals.

lord bunberry
11-01-2016, 07:23 PM

I'm starting to think I am on lsd as I'm sure I just read that post further up the page.

easty
11-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Last time I looked both teams were in the EPL.

Yeah, but he's Championship standard.

FromTheCapital
11-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Indeed, just look at the two Raith games.

Played with him and we won 1-0 but without him we only manage to score twice the number of goals.

Take away his goals this season and where are we?

J-C
11-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Yeah, but he's Championship standard.

Ah! that's why another EPL club has bought him, gotcha :aok:

easty
11-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Ah! that's why another EPL club has bought him, gotcha :aok:

I bet I'm not proven wrong.

Man Utd signed Bebe...did that automatically make him a Man Utd standard player?

green day
11-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Assuming JC is still with us when we play the Gimps on 6th/7th Feb, I wonder if the fabled pink wonga dome atmosphere will include them singing that JC is a peado (its pretty inevitable as they have heard their big brothers from Ibrox singing it) ?

At least it will give Queen Anne the opportunity to weed out the bad eggs among her own fans as she is always telling us, eh :wink:

Libby Hibby
11-01-2016, 07:30 PM
I'm not one for selling Cummings but we really do need to start reducing the burden on him when he plays by other players chipping in more goals but Saturday is an example of what we'd look like without him and it shows that others will score.

If he does go in this window, I'm sure we'll get a decent replacement and decent money for him.

portycabbage
11-01-2016, 07:37 PM

Scottish football is alright - Hibs are in it after all. And it's not actually 2015, I could have told you that even if I was on LSD!

Sir David Gray
11-01-2016, 07:38 PM
We need to ensure that Jason Cummings is still a Hibs player on 1st February.

Borderhibbie76
11-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Agreed promotion is a must and we need JC here till at least end of season

silverhibee
11-01-2016, 07:53 PM
His two goals in play off match, and League Cup goals against Aberdeen and Utd, won't have gone un-noticed, teams do their homework and build dossiers of player's.......

And some just watch youtube. :greengrin

Jack Hackett
11-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Scottish football is alright - Hibs are in it after all. And it's not actually 2015, I could have told you that even if I was on LSD!

:faf:

The_Exile
11-01-2016, 08:01 PM
Take away his goals this season and where are we?

In the same position having had someone else bang them in? We are not a one man team, we've got talent all over the park and in the depth of the squad.

I want him to stay as much as anyone else but I wouldn't be worried that the squad would implode and another striker find it impossible to score goals!!

Smartie
11-01-2016, 08:05 PM
We were right, McGivern was a better player.

When McGivern arrived he was better.

By the time he left he was a shadow of the player he was when he arrived.

I always liked Booth and was disappointed it didn't work out for him at Hibs. I'd take him over McGivern every day of the week.

Squealing pig
11-01-2016, 08:06 PM
I'd sell Cummings and get stokes on board

SeanWilson
11-01-2016, 08:13 PM

😂😂😂😂😂 Doh!

erin go bragh
11-01-2016, 09:48 PM

Going by Jason's earlier tweet "Get in there" #EdinburghDerby . Id say he is going no where :greengrin

GGTTH

Nutmegged
11-01-2016, 10:06 PM

😂 Headshot

FromTheCapital
11-01-2016, 10:26 PM
In the same position having had someone else bang them in? We are not a one man team, we've got talent all over the park and in the depth of the squad.

I want him to stay as much as anyone else but I wouldn't be worried that the squad would implode and another striker find it impossible to score goals!!

I'm not saying we are a one man team but Jason is our main supplier of goals, yes other contribute and chip in but none would come anywhere near his amount.
Also note what my original post said that he would only be massively missed if we did not properly replace him.

happiehibbie
11-01-2016, 10:43 PM
I always think money talks Hibs are a business and need to make ends meet! I agree we need promotion this year Scottish football needs it. Hibs need to stop making a loss and JC like the youth of Brown Thomson and Riorden before him will move on but our Hibs will still be alive. In my view this is where Hibs will be measured by the Fans if we sell same old same old. If we don't then we all need to get more bums on seats or buy into HSL as Hibs are losing money hand over fist.
On JC I recon he will be on 500 a week plus add on the ugly sisters can more than double it as for English clubs treble it. What would you do if offered this type of wage rise we need to move away from playing for the jersey stuff these guys are doing it for money WE DO IT FOR LOVE
GGTTH

Ringothedog
11-01-2016, 10:51 PM
I'd sell Cummings and get stokes on board

Why would you sell one of the best prospects Hibernian have had in many a year for a player on a 5 month loan. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Hibiza
11-01-2016, 11:09 PM
Why would you sell one of the best prospects Hibernian have had in many a year for a player on a 5 month loan. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Prospect the word ringo. Sell for £1m.

J-C
11-01-2016, 11:35 PM
Look, lets get this straight, JC is ambitious and will want to play at a higher level than us, we gave him the platform to hone his skills and we are reaping the benefit, his only real loyalty is to himself and his family, similar to Griffiths. Our main worry is the Hibs board don't undervalue him and the majority of the money we get goes back to the manager, players come and go but Hibs will always be there, we must trust Stubbs and the board.

Dunbar Hibee
12-01-2016, 12:32 AM
We were right, McGivern was a better player.

Hahaha, aye, ok.

MWHIBBIES
12-01-2016, 12:34 AM
Hahaha, aye, ok.He was, especially when he was on loan.

Dunbar Hibee
12-01-2016, 12:41 AM
He was, especially when he was on loan.

Where is he plying his trade now?

Hermit Crab
12-01-2016, 12:43 AM
Where is he plying his trade now?

Port Vale.

CraigHibee
12-01-2016, 12:47 AM
if we were to sell i wouldn't be expecting any less than 1.7 mil + add ons (hopefully around 2 mil mark), i wouldn't want us to sell but i trust stubbs to bring in talent if jason does go

Speedy
12-01-2016, 12:50 AM

Keeping him is a gamble if he wants to go, look at Berahino.

greenlex
12-01-2016, 12:56 AM
Look, lets get this straight, JC is ambitious and will want to play at a higher level than us, we gave him the platform to hone his skills and we are reaping the benefit, his only real loyalty is to himself and his family, similar to Griffiths. Our main worry is the Hibs board don't undervalue him and the majority of the money we get goes back to the manager, players come and go but Hibs will always be there, we must trust Stubbs and the board.
Very much this.

Dunbar Hibee
12-01-2016, 12:57 AM
Port Vale.

Poor Port Vale.

Libby Hibby
12-01-2016, 01:05 AM

True but I don't think JC has ever expressed a desire to move in this current window. We almost have him left the club and found his replacement in Stokes on this thread with no real substance for doing so except that he missed the game on Saturday, through illness we are told, why doubt it and a few newspaper articles on Stokes, from the same Newspaper we said in the summer was reporting badly on the Scott Allan saga yet we treat as gospel on Stokes coming in.

Listen both Cummings leaving and Stokes coming in may indeed both happen in this window but until the club or the players themselves are quoted directly, it's all pure speculation.

For the record, I think Stokes will come in on loan, there is just too much chatter on this to make me believe that we are at least trying to get him in this Window and Jason will leave in Summer at the right price for Hibs.

Wilson
12-01-2016, 02:02 AM

A club could offer just 50k. JC might want to go. So what do you suggest? It may be a gamble but if the deal isn't right it is a gamble we have to take.

The Scott Allan episode shows that we wont be bullied by agent, player, or managers mouthing off in the media.

The deal has to be right for the player and our club.

MWHIBBIES
12-01-2016, 02:05 AM
Where is he plying his trade now?I'm not talking about now, I'm talking about 2 years ago. Garry O'Connor is at Selkirk now, does that mean he was always rubbish?

scotiaf
12-01-2016, 03:10 AM
Not sure why we are all so happy to sell Jason for 750k, that is not a lot of money for someone that has scored close 35? Goals in pretty Much 2 full seasons. 1.5 million plus then yes, but I would
Rather not sell him at all.

SausageSurprise
12-01-2016, 06:10 AM
He was, especially when he was on loan.

Seems that way with a lot of loans and short term contracts. After they get some long term security they just get too comfy

MWHIBBIES
12-01-2016, 06:26 AM
Seems that way with a lot of loans and short term contracts. After they get some long term security they just get too comfyPotentially but we were a decent side who could compete with anyone when he was on loan, we were a struggling side who had lost Griffiths, Claros and Doyle* when we signed him perm.

*Not the biggest loss but a better player than Collins and Vine and was involved in a lot of our good play that season.

The Green Goblin
12-01-2016, 09:32 AM

Spot on. I would hate it if we sold him.

Nutmegged
12-01-2016, 09:34 AM
I'd be surprised if Jase leaves this window, I think some of the valuations placed on his head are quite fanciful though, while It'd be great to see teams offer £1.5m+ for our players as long as we're in the 2nd tier those kind of bids just wont come IMO.

Back to Jase, we have a League Cup Semi at the end of the month, we have a mouth waterering Derby Cup game after the window closes, we are smack bang in a brilliant three way Title race with Sevco and Falkirk, from a Footballing prespective these are exciting times, if a bid comes in offering him 10× his salery then fair enough but until that happens I'm not so sure he'd be in a hurry to leave at the moment, these are exciting times.

Now, if worse case scenario happens and we don't go up this Season then Cummings might want to move up a level or two in his career, I'd get that but also if the club want to maintain a strong squad they may have to find a short fall, Jase could become that short fall but as for valuation, as long as we're a Championship club I doubt we'd get more than £1m for him.

Alfred E Newman
12-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Utter madness to contemplate selling our top scorer at this time. I cannot understand why anyone on here would think it was a good idea. As someone who has seen the club sell our best players at the most inopportune moments over the past 60 years and and more often than not replace them with players of lesser ability it is no wonder we have underachieved for so long. Speculation such as this just adds to the long list of negativity that this message board seems to thrive on.

jacomo
12-01-2016, 09:59 AM
JC is only in his 2nd season as a full time pro and is only 20. I would love him to sign an extension with us (he's certainly earned one) and then assess his options in the summer.

If we go up, he may well feel that a season in the Premiership with us, continuing to develop under a coaching team who are bringing the best out of him, is best for his career. If not, he could look to move down South with our blessing.

He's our top scorer, turns up in the big games, and we've got a lot to play for this season - not least chasing a league title. Losing him this month is a very big gamble.

Greenworld
12-01-2016, 10:04 AM
Im I correct in saying his contract is up in 2017....so one season to go ....I think to be fair unless the club can get him to sign a new contract we are at a time where if the correct offer comes in we would have to take it as his value will just go down from here on in..
Jason is a great scorer of goals at this level how high he can go is anyones guess.
I am surprised we have not managed to get him onto a new longer contract. Is paul Hanlon not also out of contract this season ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

J-C
12-01-2016, 10:29 AM
Not sure why we are all so happy to sell Jason for 750k, that is not a lot of money for someone that has scored close 35? Goals in pretty Much 2 full seasons. 1.5 million plus then yes, but I would
Rather not sell him at all.

35 goals in 2 seasons in the Scottish Championship remember, he has not had the chance to prove it at a higher level so anyone coming in for him will be seeing him as a punt like we do when we talk about El Bakhtaoui from Dunfermline.

brog
12-01-2016, 10:57 AM
Utter madness to contemplate selling our top scorer at this time. I cannot understand why anyone on here would think it was a good idea. As someone who has seen the club sell our best players at the most inopportune moments over the past 60 years and and more often than not replace them with players of lesser ability it is no wonder we have underachieved for so long. Speculation such as this just adds to the long list of negativity that this message board seems to thrive on.

:aok: Spot on, I continue to be at a loss as to why so many Hibs fans come on here & almost joyfully predict our brightest talent will be leaving us when there is absolutely nothing of substance to indicate this may be the case. On this thread there's a screenshot of the article talking about our interest in Stokes. Now if that paper had any inkling of a Celtc interest in JC, that would have been the focus of the article - there was not one word! That didn't stop people whose granny once knew the guy who sold macaroon bars in the Jungle to post they "were hearing" JC was on his way to Celtc. This of course is a fans' forum & everyone's entitled to post nonsense. I just wonder if we're unique in having so many people seemingly take delight in predicting a negative future for our beloved club.

Golden Bear
12-01-2016, 11:05 AM
:aok: Spot on, I continue to be at a loss as to why so many Hibs fans come on here & almost joyfully predict our brightest talent will be leaving us when there is absolutely nothing of substance to indicate this may be the case. On this thread there's a screenshot of the article talking about our interest in Stokes. Now if that paper had any inkling of a Celtc interest in JC, that would have been the focus of the article - there was not one word! That didn't stop people whose granny once knew the guy who sold macaroon bars in the Jungle to post they "were hearing" JC was on his way to Celtc. This of course is a fans' forum & everyone's entitled to post nonsense. I just wonder if we're unique in having so many people seemingly take delight in predicting a negative future for our beloved club.

:agree:

There are already more than enough people outside the Club who are only too happy to stick the knife in at the first opportunity.

Diclonius
12-01-2016, 11:10 AM
After the draw for the Scottish Cup, I now want us to hold onto Cummings whatever the price this window. I don't care if he leaves for pennies at the end of the season, we need him against Hearts.

Billychaotic182
12-01-2016, 11:10 AM
How much did rangers get for McLoud? Sure it was over a million. Jason has played more and contributed more as well. Anything less that £1.5mil is a joke in my opinion.

Geo_1875
12-01-2016, 11:13 AM
How much did rangers get for McLoud? Sure it was over a million. Jason has played more and contributed more as well. Anything less that £1.5mil is a joke in my opinion.

And in a higher division.

CallumLaidlaw
12-01-2016, 11:26 AM
Forest and Derby apparently interested too. If he is to go, a bidding war wont be a bad thing - http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/12/report-derby-county-to-battle-nottingham-forest-for-jason-cummin/

Billychaotic182
12-01-2016, 11:28 AM
And in a higher division.

Exactly

brog
12-01-2016, 11:34 AM

Jeez, I'd forgotten about MacLeod! Let's add this one to the conspiracy theories!! Warbs reportedly pays close to £1m for Lewis Macleod at end of 2014. Six weeks later it's announced Warbs will be leaving Brentford at the end of the season. In June 2015 Warbs joins Sevco! Now as Sevco Manager, Warbs is trying to buy a Brentford player for about 10% of his reported value & that player has now asked for a transfer, shades of SA. Meanwhile LM, who had a hamstring injury when he was transferred has failed to start a game for Brentford, mainly due to em, recurring hamstring injuries! If Warbs wasn't such a respectful chap & if his background was not from that model of probity which is the City, one could almost hear a cry of insider trading!

J-C
12-01-2016, 11:38 AM

Just a tad OTT eh?

We'e discussing the probability if Jason goes, there is no doubt eventually he will leave, whether it is this window or the next and it's only natural we will discuss what we think he's worth if he is sold, nobody wants him sold but we have to be realistic ad look at the whole picture, the more he scores, the more he'll be a wanted man by lots of clubs.

Salt N Sauzee
12-01-2016, 11:52 AM
Forest and Derby apparently interested too. If he is to go, a bidding war wont be a bad thing - http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/12/report-derby-county-to-battle-nottingham-forest-for-jason-cummin/

Would certainly be a bad thing. Don't want all that over-the-top press attention surrounding Hibs and Jason like the Scott Allan saga. I have no doubt that was to blame for our poor start to the season.

J-C
12-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Would certainly be a bad thing. Don't want all that over-the-top press attention surrounding Hibs and Jason like the Scott Allan saga. I have no doubt that was to blame for our poor start to the season.

Difference being is Allan engineered that attempted move to Rangers, JC has never shown any inkling he wants to move, any bids will surely be done in a more professional way Rangers conducted themselves. Jason is a hot property at the moment and a good few clubs will be looking to sign him, Allan was really only interested in Rangers and when he couldn't get his dream move we punted him to Celtic to get him away from the squad.

brog
12-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Just a tad OTT eh?

We'e discussing the probability if Jason goes, there is no doubt eventually he will leave, whether it is this window or the next and it's only natural we will discuss what we think he's worth if he is sold, nobody wants him sold but we have to be realistic ad look at the whole picture, the more he scores, the more he'll be a wanted man by lots of clubs.

You seem to take everything personally. For the record I wasn't referring to you at all but I suggest you go back through this thread, read some of the comments, particularly early on & then re-consider whether I was OTT. Having read your prior post I agree much of what you say both then & above. I have made many of the same points in other posts. Those are reasoned comments unlike someone only saying "Take the money". My only comment on your post is, JC's scored 35 goals in 1.5 Championship seasons, not 2. Hopefully we'll be able to celebrate his final total for those 2 seasons in May!

HappyHanlon
12-01-2016, 12:33 PM
JC is still raw and learning his trade. You can see elements of his game that still need improvement and under the right guidance will be improved.

That said, he's got a superb eye for goal and he'll be a future Scotland cap, I'm absolutely certain!

I think we'll hold onto him until summer, after that I'd wouldn't accept any less than 2 million.

Bad Martini
12-01-2016, 12:42 PM
I cant believe some people think that any good can come from selling our top striker now and "cashing in".

Tell you what...find us another striker that can score as many, for us, for his cost and wage and who is familar with our team/league/opponents..................then ask why nobody else has snapped up said bargain? Better still, ask why you are even thinking this would be a "good" idea or even remotely pallatable!!!

Nowt else to add.

Cummings should go nowhere if we want to have any chance of winning this league, unless someone has lined up his mythical replacement as outlined above (and as per, ask why nobody has already snapped up such mythical bargain!)

ENDOF

SunshineOnLeith
12-01-2016, 12:44 PM
Think he's unlikely to go in this window as the amount anyone is likely to offer is less than what he's worth to us right now in footballing terms.

jacomo
12-01-2016, 12:53 PM
Difference being is Allan engineered that attempted move to Rangers, JC has never shown any inkling he wants to move, any bids will surely be done in a more professional way Rangers conducted themselves. Jason is a hot property at the moment and a good few clubs will be looking to sign him, Allan was really only interested in Rangers and when he couldn't get his dream move we punted him to Celtic to get him away from the squad.

Allan said he was happy to see out his contract at Hibs only a few weeks before putting in a transfer request.

You should know how it works by now - agent conveys sweet mutterings from another club and turns player's head... player's performances dip as he now believes he deserves a move and is being held ransom... parent club forced to sell or risk keeping unhappy player.

It's an unwanted distraction.

500miles
12-01-2016, 12:56 PM
The difference between Allan and Cummings is that Allan wasn't going to improve anymore at Hibs. Jason continues to develop every week, and Stubbs will hopefully use that to convince him to stay on for the foreseeable future.

If he doesn't hit the ground running at another club, it can be difficult for a young player to turn it around, and he risks falling into obscurity. He will continue to raise his profile here - and I always think players have a greater chance of success if they join during the pre-season.

Jason will be tempted, but there's plenty to benefit staying at least until the end of this season.

J-C
12-01-2016, 01:24 PM
You seem to take everything personally. For the record I wasn't referring to you at all but I suggest you go back through this thread, read some of the comments, particularly early on & then re-consider whether I was OTT. Having read your prior post I agree much of what you say both then & above. I have made many of the same points in other posts. Those are reasoned comments unlike someone only saying "Take the money". My only comment on your post is, JC's scored 35 goals in 1.5 Championship seasons, not 2. Hopefully we'll be able to celebrate his final total for those 2 seasons in May!

Fair enough and I do agree with you, the posters who always post negative etc, just ignore them I do, they're looking for a reaction, it's called trolling, reasonable debate does not enter their little brains.

Allan said he was happy to see out his contract at Hibs only a few weeks before putting in a transfer request.

You should know how it works by now - agent conveys sweet mutterings from another club and turns player's head... player's performances dip as he now believes he deserves a move and is being held ransom... parent club forced to sell or risk keeping unhappy player.

It's an unwanted distraction.

But we all realised quickly that Allan lied and was even probably then plotting his move away to Rangers. Jason is an honest enough lad, he'll want a bigger move eventually, whether now or later, I don't think any speculation will distract him, if anything it may make him play better but this is all speculation as no bids have actually come in for him.

Bracksy
12-01-2016, 01:27 PM
The difference between Allan and Cummings is that Allan wasn't going to improve anymore at Hibs. Jason continues to develop every week, and Stubbs will hopefully use that to convince him to stay on for the foreseeable future.

If he doesn't hit the ground running at another club, it can be difficult for a young player to turn it around, and he risks falling into obscurity. He will continue to raise his profile here - and I always think players have a greater chance of success if they join during the pre-season.

Jason will be tempted, but there's plenty to benefit staying at least until the end of this season.
Totally agree with this, it's in everyone's best interest (apart from wolves) if he stays for a season yet

happiehibbie
12-01-2016, 01:56 PM
Fair enough and I do agree with you, the posters who always post negative etc, just ignore them I do, they're looking for a reaction, it's called trolling, reasonable debate does not enter their little brains.

But we all realised quickly that Allan lied and was even probably then plotting his move away to Rangers. Jason is an honest enough lad, he'll want a bigger move eventually, whether now or later, I don't think any speculation will distract him, if anything it may make him play better but this is all speculation as no bids have actually come in for him.

JC
The Scott Allan transfer was agreed way before rangers came in ! Hibs where offered Henderson last season (on loan) but Stubbs had used his budget. Hibs wanted DM and LH Celtic wanted SA but there is always a but they did not want him this season ! SA wanted to go this season due to family issues (new baby) Celtic delayed because of the the Rangers involvement (Rangers supporter etc) if he had said this the deal was dead anyway the deal was 500k DM LH and SA staying till end of season can't tell you how I know but I know
Hope you and P are well

jacomo
12-01-2016, 02:15 PM
JC
The Scott Allan transfer was agreed way before rangers came in ! Hibs where offered Henderson last season (on loan) but Stubbs had used his budget. Hibs wanted DM and LH Celtic wanted SA but there is always a but they did not want him this season ! SA wanted to go this season due to family issues (new baby) Celtic delayed because of the the Rangers involvement (Rangers supporter etc) if he had said this the deal was dead anyway the deal was 500k DM LH and SA staying till end of season can't tell you how I know but I know
Hope you and P are well

Sorry but this makes no sense. Why would SA publicly profess his love for Rangers if a deal to take him to Celtc was already agreed?

happiehibbie
12-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Sorry but this makes no sense. Why would SA publicly profess his love for Rangers if a deal to take him to Celtc was already agreed?

He is a Rangers fan ! Celtic did not want him to come out and say so. The deal was verbal SA was the one holding back as he did not want to stay with Hibs hence it took longer.

jacomo
12-01-2016, 02:43 PM
He is a Rangers fan ! Celtic did not want him to come out and say so. The deal was verbal SA was the one holding back as he did not want to stay with Hibs hence it took longer.

Eh?

I think you or your source have got your wires tangled.

I will accept that there may have been talks about SA going to Celtc before The Rangers bid for him. Indeed there was info posted on here at the time about that. But the subsequent events do not support the idea that it was a 'done deal'.

Again...Why would SA put in a transfer request and say he wanted to go to Sevco if he had already agreed to go to Celtc? Doesn't make any sense at all.

brog
12-01-2016, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE=J-C;4544231]Fair enough and I do agree with you, the posters who always post negative etc, just ignore them I do, they're looking for a reaction, it's called trolling, reasonable debate does not enter their little brains.

:aok:

happiehibbie
12-01-2016, 02:49 PM
Eh?

I think you or your source have got your wires tangled.

I will accept that there may have been talks about SA going to Celtc before The Rangers bid for him. Indeed there was info posted on here at the time about that. But the subsequent events do not support the idea that it was a 'done deal'.

Again...Why would SA put in a transfer request and say he wanted to go to Sevco if he had already agreed to go to Celtc? Doesn't make any sense at all.

Ok not signed and dated but in advanced talks whatever way you want to put it but my info is correct

SMAXXA
12-01-2016, 04:32 PM
Hearing he's in talks with derby

TamHibs
12-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see Jason be sold this month but back on loan from Derby/Wolves/Reading for the remainder of the season.

Coults1875
12-01-2016, 04:43 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see Jason be sold this month but back on loan from Derby/Wolves/Reading for the remainder of the season.

I would take that between losing him completely at this stage of the season

TamHibs
12-01-2016, 04:46 PM
I would take that between losing him completely at this stage of the season

:agree: 100%

brog
12-01-2016, 04:56 PM
Hearing he's in talks with derby

If JC goes to Derby he won't get a game. Derby have signed 2 strikers already in the last week, paying £3m for Nick Blackman who was fairly average when at Well. The only way I could see them being interested in JC would be for the summer & to stop Forest who are desperate for a striker.

SMAXXA
12-01-2016, 04:59 PM
If JC goes to Derby he won't get a game. Derby have signed 2 strikers already in the last week, paying £3m for Nick Blackman who was fairly average when at Well. The only way I could see them being interested in JC would be for the summer & to stop Forest who are desperate for a striker.

Only passing on what I was told earlier as I said who knows if it will happen just know there's interest there and was told he's speaking to them

Smartie
12-01-2016, 05:00 PM

That might be a decent deal for all parties at this stage tbh, as long as the price is right.

Jason still needs to be playing games and as long as we are in this pish league we are vulnerable to predatory clubs being able to lowball us with crap offers. He needs to be playing at a higher level next season though.

Smartie
12-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Out of interest, does anyone know who Jason's agent is?

brog
12-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Only passing on what I was told earlier as I said who knows if it will happen just know there's interest there and was told he's speaking to them

Not disputing your info but there's other clubs who would seem more likely. Also if he's speaking to them that would indicate Hibs have given permission which again I find surprising.

bingo70
12-01-2016, 05:12 PM
I cant believe some people think that any good can come from selling our top striker now and "cashing in".

Tell you what...find us another striker that can score as many, for us, for his cost and wage and who is familar with our team/league/opponents..................then ask why nobody else has snapped up said bargain? Better still, ask why you are even thinking this would be a "good" idea or even remotely pallatable!!!

Nowt else to add.

Cummings should go nowhere if we want to have any chance of winning this league, unless someone has lined up his mythical replacement as outlined above (and as per, ask why nobody has already snapped up such mythical bargain!)

ENDOF

tony stokes meets all of that criteria

Lee Marvin
12-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Not disputing your info but there's other clubs who would seem more likely. Also if he's speaking to them that would indicate Hibs have given permission which again I find surprising.

How could you be surprised seeing as you have no idea what any potential offer would be?

CallumLaidlaw
12-01-2016, 06:04 PM
Out of interest, does anyone know who Jason's agent is?

Same as Scott Allan

brog
12-01-2016, 06:10 PM
How could you be surprised seeing as you have no idea what any potential offer would be?

I don't think its too difficult to make a reasoned estimate at what the offer would be. Derby have just spent between £4 & £5m on 2 forward players. Their manager has said they're almost certainly finished for this window & he's already talked about having a selection headache up front!! . Even taking that with a pinch of salt I would be astonished if they offered anything other than a cheeky bid, say no more than £0.5m for JC. Now we have 3 major targets for the rest of this season; 1. Getting promoted, 2. Getting to LC final & 3. Beating Yams in Cup. If we're successful in either of the first 2 it's worth way more than £0.5m to Hibs & even #3 would boost our income significantly. For the first time since Tom Hart I believe we have a business/footballing astute CEO in place hence my surprise. I guess we'll soon know!

1van Sprou7e
12-01-2016, 06:11 PM

I would be surprised, what reason do we have to sell?

Unless someone offers huge money and I mean huge money (which is unlikely due to him only having 1.5 years on his contract) or Jason does a scott allan we have no motivation to sell whatsoever

CRAZYHIBBY
12-01-2016, 06:15 PM
Cummings,hibs and his agent are the ones who know what if anythings going on....anything else posted on here is pure speculation

Lee Marvin
12-01-2016, 06:34 PM
I would be surprised, what reason do we have to sell?

Unless someone offers huge money and I mean huge money (which is unlikely due to him only having 1.5 years on his contract) or Jason does a scott allan we have no motivation to sell whatsoever

Would you be surprised if it was 1.5m plus a loan back for the season??

I trust this hibs board and manger 100%.

HoboHarry
12-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Cummings,hibs and his agent are the ones who know what if anythings going on....anything else posted on here is pure speculation
Doom merchant. There's hunner's on this forum who are ITK. :wink:

1van Sprou7e
12-01-2016, 07:10 PM
Would you be surprised if it was 1.5m plus a loan back for the season??

I trust this hibs board and manger 100%.

Well no but I don't think it's all that likely, could be wrong though and I won't be all that sad to see him go if we get that kind of deal

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-01-2016, 07:14 PM
With the Stokes thread, there is an awful lot of gossip and speculation going on.

1van Sprou7e
12-01-2016, 07:29 PM
With the Stokes thread, there is an awful lot of gossip and speculation going on.

Welcome to the transfer window :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-01-2016, 07:56 PM
He's in Lucas in Mussy just now, must mean he's staying :greengrin

Thecat23
12-01-2016, 08:34 PM

I speculate that Jason could end up along the M8.

3pm
12-01-2016, 08:35 PM

Come on then...

Blaster
12-01-2016, 08:36 PM

Swap deal for Leigh??

Thecat23
12-01-2016, 08:40 PM
Come on then...

Just speculating 😉

silverhibee
12-01-2016, 09:35 PM

But, will he do it on broken glass. :greengrin

Think down South beckons for him bud.

Aldo
12-01-2016, 09:39 PM
But, will he do it on broken glass. :greengrin Think down South beckons for him bud.

Would rather keep him but if he has a choice I hope it's down south.

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-01-2016, 09:42 PM

Would be a terrible move for him imo. He'd be far better moving to the likes of Derby, like Johnny Russell. Not yet though [emoji4]

SteveHFC
12-01-2016, 09:54 PM

Don't ruin Aldo's birthday mate. :greengrin

Broken Gnome
12-01-2016, 11:15 PM
Sun says new improved long-term contract offered.

Ronniekirk
12-01-2016, 11:33 PM
Sun says new improved long-term contract offered.

In all likelihood that will be true and I hope it's negotiated successfully ,but it can also be the PR of yep we offered him best new contract we could ,but he choose not to accept it .But Stubbs has continued to say he the club and Jason are relaxed about the situation so I expect something to be worked out with more immediate money but some clause that allows Jason to go in the summer if X amount of a bid comes in

Speedy
13-01-2016, 12:02 AM
A club could offer just 50k. JC might want to go. So what do you suggest? It may be a gamble but if the deal isn't right it is a gamble we have to take.

The Scott Allan episode shows that we wont be bullied by agent, player, or managers mouthing off in the media.

The deal has to be right for the player and our club.

Agree 100%.

Needs to be at least £500k imo, and even then that's if JC is kicking and screaming to go.

snooky
13-01-2016, 12:07 AM
He's in Lucas in Mussy just now, must mean he's staying :greengrin

Is he dribbling round the cones?

Bay Area Hibees
13-01-2016, 05:18 AM
Think he has a lot of developing to go yet. But I can understand him being lured by big bucks. He could always come back to lower level. In theory that is, plenty players move and fall off the radar.

He's been smashing for us and hope we keep till end of season.

Beefster
13-01-2016, 07:55 AM

I read that rumour on Twitter yesterday. I think the guy was just spraffing pish.

Pete
13-01-2016, 07:56 AM
I've heard a rumour that a top Spanish club were after him and they were going to loan him back to us. For three years.

Sounds very unlikely but you never know.

Jim44
13-01-2016, 09:17 AM
I've heard a rumour that a top Spanish club were after him and they were going to loan him back to us. For three years.

That's what you get from reading other silly posts on forum. :greengrin

worcesterhibby
13-01-2016, 09:34 AM
Ok I've stayed quite long enough about the Cummings moves. I have spoken to him personally in the last 24 hours* and here is how it stands.

Jason may go to an English Championship side in this window, but he and his agent are busy negotiating hard with the local McDonalds down there to ensure that his ban from the one in Edinburgh will not be enforced once he is in a new league. The club who want to buy him have managed to get assurances from Burger King and Nandos that they will have no issue with him entering their premises, as long as he has the self control not to order the donuts. However Jason is adamant that he wants a fresh start and a clean slate, so unless this is sorted he will be with us for the rest of the season and then a move to Europe is most likely as Mcdonalds on the continent come under the jurisdiction of a different Franchise HQ and therefore no ban can be switched between National leagues.

You heard it here first.

*via my mind powers

Edson Arantes
13-01-2016, 12:18 PM

Real Betis?

Love their strip!

:flag:

Edson Arantes
13-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Ok I've stayed quite long enough about the Cummings moves. I have spoken to him personally in the last 24 hours* and here is how it stands.

Jason may go to an English Championship side in this window, but he and his agent are busy negotiating hard with the local McDonalds down there to ensure that his ban from the one in Edinburgh will not be enforced once he is in a new league. The club who want to buy him have managed to get assurances from Burger King and Nandos that they will have no issue with him entering their premises, as long as he has the self control not to order the donuts. However Jason is adamant that he wants a fresh start and a clean slate, so unless this is sorted he will be with us for the rest of the season and then a move to Europe is most likely as Mcdonalds on the continent come under the jurisdiction of a different Franchise HQ and therefore no ban can be switched between National leagues.

You heard it here first.

*via my mind powers

:na na:

hibsmad
13-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Does anyone else find it a bit strange if Wolves are interested in him? Especially if they do see him as a potential replacement for the 10 million guy they just sold.

They deemed Leigh as not good enough despite him banging in the goals in the Premier League. As happy as I am with how well Cummings is doing (I think his overall game has improved a lot since last season), he isn't half the player Leigh was when his loan finished with us.

If they see it as buying potential then fair enough, however I really don't see him being someone who will make a big difference for an English Championship side just yet.

If he was sold to an English side this season then I can definitely see him being loaned back to us for the remainder of the season.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2016, 02:52 PM
Hope he signs the better extended deal offered by us, and learns more about the game. He has clearly progressed under AS, and hope it continues that way

high bee
13-01-2016, 04:52 PM
Someone on Twitter claiming to know JCs best mate and saying he's been offered £1500 a week for 4.5 years and isn't happy with it. Surely that's not true, I would imagine he will be made our top earner as he is hot property and we will inevitably lose him at some point, hopefully no time soon, so a longer contract will pay for itself when it comes to him leaving.

SeanWilson
13-01-2016, 04:56 PM
Someone on Twitter claiming to know JCs best mate and saying he's been offered £1500 a week for 4.5 years and isn't happy with it. Surely that's not true, I would imagine he will be made our top earner as he is hot property and we will inevitably lose him at some point, hopefully no time soon, so a longer contract will pay for itself when it comes to him leaving.

how much do you think our players earn like!?:confused:

HoboHarry
13-01-2016, 05:00 PM
You can't say that with certainty - like any other player he could suffer a bad injury at any time then everyone loses out. We still have to live within budgets and I am quite sure there will be some kind of clause in the new contract allowing him to leave at an agreed fee.....

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-01-2016, 05:01 PM

Probably not true but who knows. He's actually one of our lowest earners atm.

high bee
13-01-2016, 05:03 PM
how much do you think our players earn like!?:confused:

I would've expected the top earner to be nearer £2k.

brog
13-01-2016, 05:05 PM

Thats what you call a best mate, telling tales about his supposed best mate's earnings to someone else, maybe his second besty! :greengrin Not too high on my credibility rating!

high bee
13-01-2016, 05:09 PM
Thats what you call a best mate, telling tales about his supposed best mate's earnings to someone else, maybe his second besty! :greengrin Not too high on my credibility rating!

Haha yeah true, wasn't convinced it was true. Not sure I'd be telling my mates what I earn anyway, best mate or not.

Phil MaGlass
13-01-2016, 05:13 PM
Has the potential and capability to make it big. Dont think we or any other club would offer peanuts to one of their best players/strikers. Especially if offered a long contract.A bigger wage means more needs to be offered to prize him from us .no?

Thecat23
13-01-2016, 05:29 PM
I read that rumour on Twitter yesterday. I think the guy was just spraffing pish.

I have no idea where he will end up, I was just saying that as I know Celtic have watched him. Nothing else in it at all! A move south would be his best move imo but it wouldn't shock me at all if Celtic did make a move down the line.

Pete
13-01-2016, 05:38 PM
The best move for his career would be to extend with us and continue his learning. A move down South would be great for his bank balance but the truth is that he isn't good enough to be starting regularly for a top Championship side. The likes of Derby have seasoned internationals in their first team and he'll be learning from the sidelines. Is that really what he wants?

Plenty potential but plenty to learn and he could go down and walk into a team down there in a few years. However, money and agents talk and I hope he doesn't have his head filled full of nonsense. Billy big times always get found out.

Ronniekirk
13-01-2016, 09:43 PM

News hibs 24/7 saying both Derby and Forrest have joined the race to sign Jason :rolleyes:

Big L
13-01-2016, 09:56 PM
I was sitting in the MRI Dept at the new Royal 2nite, a Hibs employee came in, he told me that the Stokes deal is done and JC will sign a 3yr deal.

ancient hibee
13-01-2016, 10:00 PM
I was sitting in the MRI Dept at the new Royal 2nite, a Hibs employee came in, he told me that the Stokes deal is done and JC will sign a 3yr deal.

My info is that it is an additional 2 years to his current 1.He knows Hibs will sell him in the future if he continues to do well so is not too worried about moving for more money now particularly when he is guaranteed to play most games here.

Iggy Pope
13-01-2016, 10:04 PM

Naw. Ye wirnae.

Tricla

👍

Here's hoping that's correct.

Flyman
News hibs 24/7 saying both Derby and Forrest have joined the race to sign Jason :rolleyes:

Forest are under a transfer embargo

Libby Hibby
13-01-2016, 10:19 PM

Getting your head read, aye?

Hoping your info is true. Cracking news if it is

3pm
13-01-2016, 10:45 PM

He just randomly offered you the information? :confused:

Iggy Pope
13-01-2016, 10:49 PM

Cmon man. I once gave your old boy a free ticket. Can you not sniff out an enthusiast? Big L ma bum.

Bostonhibby
13-01-2016, 10:49 PM
He just randomly offered you the information? :confused:

Hibs employee Could have been sitting in casualty and incoherent due to a head injury?

Tricla
13-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Cmon man. I once gave your old boy a free ticket. Can you not sniff out an enthusiast? Big L ma bum.

Thought did cross my mind but I'm blinded by the hope!

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 12:16 AM
Big L;4545713]I was sitting in the MRI Dept at the new Royal 2nite, a Hibs employee came in, he told me that the Stokes deal is done and JC will sign a 3yr deal.
[/B]
Aye, my erchie, players just blurt these things out to randomers and the players are all well informed of any impending transfers right enough:rolleyes:

Iggy Pope;4545723]Naw. Ye wirnae.[/B]

My feelings exactly......

Watch you don't step in the Male Cow Crap.....

]He just randomly offered you the information[/B]? :confused:

Of course, all players do that nowadays, they especially tell people to go and post it on a public forum.....

Hibs employee Could have been sitting in casualty and incoherent due to a head injury?

Aye, It was David Gray after his head knock at Ibrox, he's still concussed and hallucinating it would seem....

jacomo
14-01-2016, 12:14 PM
The best move for his career would be to extend with us and continue his learning. A move down South would be great for his bank balance but the truth is that he isn't good enough to be starting regularly for a top Championship side. The likes of Derby have seasoned internationals in their first team and he'll be learning from the sidelines. Is that really what he wants?

Plenty potential but plenty to learn and he could go down and walk into a team down there in a few years. However, money and agents talk and I hope he doesn't have his head filled full of nonsense. Billy big times always get found out.

Last season Stubbs said he wouldn't be a regular starter for us. JC took that as a challenge and forced his way into the side.

I like his determination and the way he is developing. But I agree that a season with us in the Premiership would be an ideal next step for him. I hope that happens.

Salt N Sauzee
14-01-2016, 12:47 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35313998

Looks like we don't have to worry about losing Jason for at least another 2 transfer windows :greengrin