PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans at 0-0

GreenArmy1875
10-01-2016, 01:39 AM
Get a grip. Crying cause we moved the ball sideways. Honestly embarrassed to be among some of the support today

FromTheCapital
10-01-2016, 01:41 AM
Get a grip. Crying cause we moved the ball sideways. Honestly embarrassed to be among some of the support today

No problem with patient football but we were pretty beeping *****e for 45 minutes today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
10-01-2016, 07:41 AM
We were as bad as I've seen us this season in the 1st half and fans had a right to be unhappy...I'm pretty sure they got a rocket from Stubbsy at HT too

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
10-01-2016, 07:44 AM
I didn't think the fans were too bad at all.

The usual individuals moaning but I think folk always think this is louder than it is and carries further because they are sat right next to it. Definitely a few collective groans towards the end of the half when passes were over hit or went astray but that was a regular occurence from about 3 minutes in so hardly a shock. A few boos at HT but nothing OTT and it was a minority.

Fans actually really got behind the team in the few minutes before we scored, a lot of singing and encouragement.

DaveF
10-01-2016, 08:16 AM
Bit of an over reaction from the OP. The team were honking in the 1st half, offered nothing and the support was very patient considering the performance.

Phil MaGlass
10-01-2016, 08:26 AM
Yir always gonnae get moaners wether were winnin regularly or not, its part of being a fitba supporter I, m afraid, Hibs (and Aberdeen) seem to have a larger share of it, mibbe we EXPECT more?

CallumLaidlaw
10-01-2016, 08:28 AM
Team were poor in the first half. Stubbs admits that he gave them a rocket at half time.

Did love the guy behind me that slagged Malonga rotten the whole game, calling him a lazy C, every time he touched the ball he was s****. But gleefully sang doo doo doo Dominique Malonga at the goal [emoji23]

marinello59
10-01-2016, 08:34 AM
The crowd were fine yesterday, even during the first half snooze fest.
I'd cut the OP some slack though given the time he posted at. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Sounds like the behaviour of football fans in general rather than Hibs fans specifically?

Since1875Hibs
10-01-2016, 08:35 AM
1st half was far too flat in the stands. 2nd half picked up as the game did and we got our goals. Our support has the potential to easily be the best in Scotland if we had more people willing to give it 100% when we're at 0-0 or behind.

marinello59
10-01-2016, 08:40 AM
1st half was far too flat in the stands. 2nd half picked up as the game did and we got our goals. Our support has the potential to easily be the best in Scotland if we had more people willing to give it 100% when we're at 0-0 or behind.

It's a two way thing as the second half showed, they have to give is something as well. That didn't happen in the first half but despite that moaning was at a minimum. An impressive number of Hibs fans there yesterday. If that was the sheep fans they would have been basking in their own and the medias praise.
Let others knock us, we have a lot to be proud of.

Ringothedog
10-01-2016, 09:08 AM
It's a two way thing as the second half showed, they have to give is something as well. That didn't happen in the first half but despite that moaning was at a minimum. An impressive number of Hibs fans there yesterday. If that was the sheep fans they would have been basking in their own and the medias praise.

Could not agree more.

macca70
10-01-2016, 09:23 AM
1st half we were dreadful and if Raith had taken there chances, we could easily have been 2 or 3 down at HT so Hibs fans were understandably quiet 1st half.

2nd half was like watching a different team, thought we were excellent and unlike Raith, we took our chances.

wookie70
10-01-2016, 09:24 AM
I thought we started to play better when we did start to play it sideways. In the first half we were forcing forward passes that weren't there or were hopeful. Second half we kept possession better by keeping it simpler. Raith tired a wee bit too and sometimes you have to bide your time in games. Frequently we are better in the second half as the opposition's energy levels drop. The support was fine yesterday. A few dafties but that is the same at every club.

RyeSloan
10-01-2016, 09:30 AM

Jeez I thinker would have been happy with sideways in the 1st half..too many aimless long balls (I remember a corker from Hanlon to absolutely no one that kind of summed up then1st half display). Despite that tho I thought the fans were pretty patient and once the team were shooting towards the away support and actually playing some football got right behind them.

GreenArmy1875
10-01-2016, 09:32 AM
From where I was there was lots of people moaning as if we were 5-0 down just around me. Want to say though singing section were great yesterday. My OP was after a few 😃

Hermit Crab
10-01-2016, 09:35 AM

Dont come back then. The first half we were howling, too predictable. No wonder the fans get angry.

Stuarty27
10-01-2016, 09:43 AM

Hate posts like this.

The fans were great yesterday, in the first half the team did not turn up. We were honking in the first 45mins, the team didn't give the fans anything to get excited about in the first half.

Second half was a different story, much better on the park and this in turn made the atmosphere much better off it.

Instead of an OP like this maybe should give the fans credit for going thru in the numbers that went.

wearethehibs
10-01-2016, 09:54 AM
Dont come back then. The first half we were howling, too predictable. No wonder the fans get angry.

Haha what a joke of a post

FranckSuzy
10-01-2016, 10:11 AM

From where I was there was lots of people moaning as if we were 5-0 down just around me. Want to say though singing section were great yesterday. My OP was after a few 

Hate posts like this.

The fans were great yesterday, in the first half the team did not turn up. We were honking in the first 45mins, the team didn't give the fans anything to get excited about in the first half.

Second half was a different story, much better on the park and this in turn made the atmosphere much better off it.

Instead of an OP like this maybe should give the fans credit for going thru in the numbers that went.

Maybe you should read the part in bold and check the time of the OP..? :wink: :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
10-01-2016, 10:22 AM
Yup not even a mention on Sports Sportscene that we took 3.5k fans as u say had that been the sheep it woulda been headline news. Very impressive away support yesterday

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2016, 12:58 PM
Some of the support were poor, Gunarsson and Dagnall both written off by some after 20 minutes, guve they boys a chance to bed in at least. Thought Dagnall had a great second half.....

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2016, 01:03 PM

Some of the comments/criticism at the match, aimed towards our players were howling...........

Lago
10-01-2016, 01:09 PM
Stubbs told his player's to get the finger out at half time, so he obviously agreed with the discontented hibs fans.

green day
10-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Yup not even a mention on Sports Sportscene that we took 3.5k fans as u say had that been the sheep it woulda been headline news. Very impressive away support yesterday

It was mentioned several times on the radio.

Iggy Pope
10-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Some of the support were poor, Gunarsson and Dagnall both written off by some after 20 minutes, guve they boys a chance to bed in at least. Thought Dagnall had a great second half.....

Agree with this, but the players take the lead. Paul Hanlon went all Beckenbauer in the bottom corner first half while landing Gunnarson in the **** with a poor attempt at a clever pass. He then gesticulated to the boy that he should be sending it up the line. Much as he should've done himself as he is better at this than the worldies he attempts from time to time. I still love him though.

Gunnarson didn't look at all ready though and was blowing 5mins after half time. Over the piece I thought the support encouraged him, not the other way about. Stubbs will know he should've started with McGregor (and Henderson) and if it was a league game he probably would have.

Dagnall was impressive and looks like he will work his baws off.

lucky
10-01-2016, 01:21 PM
3.5k Hibs fans at the game yet there was very little moaning in the first half. Once the team got going so did the fans. It was a comfortable away win and we're in the next round of the cup

Hermit Crab
10-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Some of the comments/criticism at the match, aimed towards our players were howling...........

What do you expect though, remember a lot of fans come out just because it's the cup and they don't see the team every week and expect them to win easily.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Haha what a joke of a post

No it's not. If fans are not happy then don't go, it's as simple as that. The OP's post is the real joke on this thread.

Borderhibbie76
10-01-2016, 03:07 PM
It was mentioned several times on the radio.
Good to hear...I was there so never had radio on 👍

Corry Hibby
10-01-2016, 03:33 PM
agree poor first half people entitled to have a wee moan as a couple of players were not up to it just proved in second half they up the pace more direct plus the introduction of henderson changed both performance on the park hence the atmosphere of it :flag:

MWHIBBIES
10-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Remember a few years back when a poor first half meant 3-0 down to falkirk? Second half was brilliant and made all the better by the moaners who had ****ed off at HT.

Argylehibby
10-01-2016, 05:58 PM
It's a two way thing as the second half showed, they have to give is something as well.

It is a two way thing but why does the team have to always do their bit first?

DaveF
10-01-2016, 06:22 PM

It's all a bit of daft debate this one, as I've been in many Hibs supports where the atmosphere has been great at the start and the team have been rubbish, or it's been as flat as a pancake and the team have been great, lifting the fans.

However, it's a reasonable point to suggest that if the team gets off to a flyer in terms of playing well, the support will folllow, no?

Iggy Pope
10-01-2016, 06:38 PM

Because this is what people are paying good money to watch them do?

IWasThere2016
10-01-2016, 07:47 PM
I didn't think the fans were too bad at all.

The usual individuals moaning but I think folk always think this is louder than it is and carries further because they are sat right next to it. Definitely a few collective groans towards the end of the half when passes were over hit or went astray but that was a regular occurence from about 3 minutes in so hardly a shock. A few boos at HT but nothing OTT and it was a minority.

Fans actually really got behind the team in the few minutes before we scored, a lot of singing and encouragement.

This., and the first 45 was waaaaay below acceptable.

GreenArmyyy!
10-01-2016, 07:58 PM

Behave yourself. We were absolutely shocking in the first half and have been well below par for several weeks now. It's all well and good we are still winning games but we really need to hit top gear again at some point soon. We play like we did in the first half next Sunday we will be beaten comprehensively. We were a lot better second half but I'm worried that the players are becoming a little complacent.

GreenArmy1875
10-01-2016, 08:00 PM
Some people really need to read the thread more before posting. Lesson for the kids. Hibs.net after a night out is not a good idea

Aldo
10-01-2016, 08:01 PM
We could be 2 up and folk would still moan.

You'll never appease everyone!

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2016, 08:02 PM

Aint that the truth Aldo........

Argylehibby
10-01-2016, 08:14 PM
However, it's a reasonable point to suggest that if the team gets off to a flyer in terms of playing well, the support will folllow, no?

Yes but is it not equally reasonable to suggest too that if the support gets off to a flyer the team may follow? As you say though neither way round guarantees the other will react as we want but my point is why do the support need the team to play well before they get the backing? Why can't we kick it off and hope the team raise their game on the back of that?

PatHead
10-01-2016, 08:21 PM

I've never got over the draws with St Mirren and Falkirk. Not good enough

:greengrin

iwasthere1972
10-01-2016, 08:26 PM

:agree:

In the first half, according to a guy a few seats away from me, every Hibs player was either a useless twat, the C word, effing hopeless etc etc. I got fed up listening to him so moved seats in the second half. I know everybody is entitled to their opinion but it was tiresome. Maybe less drinking before the game. There's always one. Hopefully he was happier in the second half.

Kojock
10-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Yes but is it not equally reasonable to suggest too that if the support gets off to a flyer the team may follow? As you say though neither way round guarantees the other will react as we want but my point is why do the support need the team to play well before they get the backing? Why can't we kick it off and hope the team raise their game on the back of that?

And your contribution in the first half to encourage the team was what ??

basehibby
10-01-2016, 11:14 PM
From where I was there was lots of people moaning as if we were 5-0 down just around me. Want to say though singing section were great yesterday. My OP was after a few 

Trouble is that patient forebearance isn't usually as noisy as some gadges losing their rag at a missed pass or other perceived failing. I'd like to hear more singing/chanting from all amongst the crowd rather than just relying on the "singing section" - I think that's the best antidote to negative bams who can't contain themselves who are really just part of the woodwork in most football crowds.

monktonharp
10-01-2016, 11:45 PM
It was a bit frustrating for most fans, watching our performance in the first half. there was a couple of times when Hanlon moaned at the new R.Back, as mentioned already.It was a bit worrying that we had 2 new guys put into this important game from the start, although the first half performance was not entirely their fault. Raith had 4 attemts to our none, in the first half and they were all pish thankfully. decond half, we took full control of the game early and deserved to win quite easily.fans are fickle, but there was not a lot of moaning,near us apart from some tit just behind us.

allezsauzee
11-01-2016, 11:53 AM
No it's not. If fans are not happy then don't go, it's as simple as that. The OP's post is the real joke on this thread.

Does that apply to the fans that aren't happy to show a bit of patience with the team?

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 11:59 AM
Does that apply to the fans that aren't happy to show a bit of patience with the team?

Everybody has the choice to attend or not. If fans do not like what they are seeing then they have a choice to leave or not attend at all.

3pm
11-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Everybody has the choice to attend or not. If fans do not like what they are seeing then they have a choice to leave or not attend at all.

If you leave early, does if affect your loyalty points?

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 12:06 PM
If you leave early, does if affect your loyalty points?

Aye, followed by immediate withdrawal of season ticket to give to a happy clapper

WhileTheChief..
11-01-2016, 12:30 PM
Every damn week someone is on here having a pop at their fellow Hibs fans. Do one.