PDA

View Full Version : Get that boy from Dunfermline signed

H18 SFR
09-01-2016, 09:42 PM
As it says on the tin. He looks very accomplished.

Hiber-nation
09-01-2016, 09:46 PM
Just what I was saying. Looks a class apart. Christ look at that! Quality!

Hibby_G
09-01-2016, 09:46 PM
As it says on the tin. He looks very accomplished. Just watching Dunfermline on Sportscene the guy looks class:agree:

Andy74
09-01-2016, 09:48 PM
My Dunfermline supporting colleagues disagree having seen him each week. Has his moments but not good enough generally. We will see!

archiebald
09-01-2016, 09:49 PM
My Dunfermline supporting colleagues disagree having seen him each week. Has his moments but not good enough generally. We will see!

Take him in a minute

H18 SFR
09-01-2016, 09:51 PM

I'm sure you would agree that they would have been very, very, very impressed today vs Premiership opponents.

Sir David Gray
09-01-2016, 09:54 PM
We don't need him.

We already have Cummings, Malonga, Keatings, Dagnall, Anier and even El Alagui (if he ever gets himself fit).

He would hardly get a game just now.

H18 SFR
09-01-2016, 09:56 PM
To be fair he done more today than El Alagui and Anier have combined in the last 6 months.

JJP
09-01-2016, 10:09 PM
Perhaps sign him on a pre contract agreement or buy him from Dunfermline but loan him back to them for the rest of the season?

Liberal Hibby
09-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Joe Cardle?

Jim44
09-01-2016, 11:59 PM

Keep hold of your nose or some folk here will bite it off. :greengrin

erin go bragh
10-01-2016, 10:03 AM
We don't need him.

We already have Cummings, Malonga, Keatings, Dagnall, Anier and even El Alagui (if he ever gets himself fit).

He would hardly get a game just now.

We don't need a midfielder that has nearly scored 20 goals this season ?
The guy has to be worth a punt .

GGTTH

MSK
10-01-2016, 10:14 AM
Keep hold of your nose or some folk here will bite it off. :greengrinI dont think we should be put off because a few Dunfermline fans say so. Going by last nights highlights alone, and against a decent SPL team the lad has shown he has exceptional talent. Stepping up to full time training, and being alongside players such as McGinn, McGeough, Cummings etc would be good for his development and hopefully take him to the next level.

bigwheel
10-01-2016, 10:16 AM
We don't need a midfielder that has nearly scored 20 goals this season ?
The guy has to be worth a punt .

GGTTH

He has lots of natural ability...clearly a lot in his locker on the ball... He is not an experienced player at even his current level. He is as likely to have a poor game or lose possession in key areas than he is to play like he did yesterday.

At best he would be an impact sub for us...

Most senior clubs in Scotland will have watched him by now, it's interesting that no club has yet tried to sign him..

By the way, Dunfermline fans that I know think Cardle is better.

Hibbyradge
10-01-2016, 10:21 AM
To be fair he done more today than El Alagui and Anier have combined in the last 6 months.

Except, that's extremely unfair.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-01-2016, 10:54 AM
We are assuming that the minute we show an interest, he will start skipping across the Forth Bridge to Leith and ignore any other offers.

SlickShoes
10-01-2016, 10:58 AM

I work with a dunfermline fan too and hes not convinced either, he is massively improving but he often looks completely lost, far away from the finished article.

He says that Cardle is the main man in that team and without him they are hopeless.

I'm sure clubs will be interested but he's not starting 11 material yet so he'd be an equivalent signing to insall.

SlickShoes
10-01-2016, 11:15 AM
I dont think we should be put off because a few Dunfermline fans say so. Going by last nights highlights alone, and against a decent SPL team the lad has shown he has exceptional talent. Stepping up to full time training, and being alongside players such as McGinn, McGeough, Cummings etc would be good for his development and hopefully take him to the next level.

Dunfermline are full time, id rather trust what folk watching him every week say than 10 minutes of highlights

MSK
10-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Dunfermline are full time, id rather trust what folk watching him every week say than 10 minutes of highlightsGood, I will just trust Stubbs judgement then, if we are indeed interested 👍

H18S NX
10-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Who is it?

Wilson
10-01-2016, 11:37 AM
Who is it?

Stubbs, is that you?

cam75
10-01-2016, 11:37 AM
What were the pars fans thoughts on Bamba?worth a punt could be the diamond with rough edges ?
Ggtth

brog
10-01-2016, 11:56 AM
I'm quite intrigued by the debate on here. Most people who've only read about the lad & seen his superb performance yesterday think he's well worth a punt. Others on here with Pars supporting friends say he's raw & not worth a punt. One thing I find contradictory to the latter viewpoint is first time he got the ball yesterday a real buzz went up from the crowd. That continued throughout the game, unsurprisingly given his 2 great efforts off the wood work & his Benjiesque goal. One thing's for sure though, he's worth more today than yesterday & someone will take a punt..

hibeequinn
10-01-2016, 11:58 AM
Linked with the yams now

MSK
10-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Linked with the yams nowAw, he is ***** anyway 😬😃

Famous Fiver
10-01-2016, 12:17 PM
He's not 6 foot 4 and eighteen stones and can't kick it 100 foot in the air. What use is he to Hawrts?

skipster7
10-01-2016, 02:54 PM
First time ive seen him and he looks a really exciting player. Love players that can do something different. Looked strong as well, a couple of their defence bouncing of him while he stayed on his feet. Looks a Hibs player to me 😉

greenlex
10-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Why should we take a punt on an inexperienced player who undoubtably has bags of skill that we could develop further? Anyone?

nellio
10-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Depends how much he would cost us. If reasonable price then definitely worth a look.

Lago
10-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Depends how much he would cost us. If reasonable price then definitely worth a look.
Have a feeling he'll have plenty of offers.

CmoantheHibs
10-01-2016, 03:48 PM
Ive never seen the guy play but judging by most comments on here he seems to be talented,hard working and willing to work on his game. He may be a bit inexperienced and naive but if he has these qualities and is out of contract in 6 months then I would imagine Stubbs would be very intestested. Id also imagine a fair few other clubs would be too.

Kaiserclem
10-01-2016, 04:04 PM
I agree this boy looks a real prospect and would bring us the lace we need. We are crying for some creativity from midfield also but he could be a great addition in the 'hole'. Being honest, I would love one of the following striking squad for the remainder of this season. One option if we keep Cummings and one if we receive a lot of cash for him.

1 (with Cummings *preferred option*): Stokes, Cummings, Keatings, Malonga, Boyle, Arnier, Dagnall. **Feruz back to chelsea**

2 ( Cummings sold using small amount of cash to buy Arnier & El Bakhtoui): Stokes, Arnier, Keatings, Malonga, Dagnall, El Bakhtoui & Boyle.

El Alagui not in any of these as not got a clue what is happening with him at all. I really hope he gets fit as I think he will do a great job for us, especially with that leap.

Alfred E Newman
10-01-2016, 05:26 PM
It's great how we always slate the old firm for poaching our players yet it's all right for us to plunder Dunfermline for their star player.

Scorrie
10-01-2016, 06:22 PM
Anyone got a name for this Pars player? Who are you talking about?

greenlex
10-01-2016, 06:23 PM
Anyone got a name for this Pars player? Who are you talking about?

Alex Edwards.

LancsHibs
10-01-2016, 06:31 PM
We have been linked with Joe Cardle a couple of times before but nothing ever came of it

hibeemikey21
10-01-2016, 06:40 PM
We have been linked with Joe Cardle a couple of times before but nothing ever came of it

Tried and failed in the top flight. A league 1/championship player

Jim44
10-01-2016, 07:25 PM

He doesn't have the X Factor. ;-)

ano hibby
10-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Remember even Eddie de Graff had a great 5 minute long YouTube highlight video :)

mvteng
11-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Just been told Hibs are currently nowhere near signing him & that Hearts are now showing a lot of interest in him.

Dunfermline however are in no rush to sell him & (unless the offer is outstanding) would rather keep him for the promotion push. Plan at Dunfermline is to achieve promoton this year, add a couple of players next summer & then be competing at the top end / play offs at the end of next year

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Just been told Hibs are currently nowhere near signing him & that Hearts are now showing a lot of interest in him.

Dunfermline however are in no rush to sell him & (unless the offer is outstanding) would rather keep him for the promotion push. Plan at Dunfermline is to achieve promoton this year, add a couple of players next summer & then be competing at the top end / play offs at the end of next year

By who?

Jim44
11-01-2016, 12:17 PM

By who?

I've already posted similar. At that time only one Scottish club had enquired about him. ( don't know if it was us ) My info, similar to what's here, came from a board member.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 12:18 PM
I've already posted similar. At that time only one Scottish club had enquired about him. ( don't know if it was us ) My info, similar to what's here, came from a board member.

So the OP is at it then?

Jim44
11-01-2016, 12:24 PM
So the OP is at it then?

I don't think there's anything in his post to suggest he is at it. He is simply urging Hibs to make a move for the Dunfermline player.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2016, 12:33 PM
I don't think there's anything in his post to suggest he is at it. He is simply urging Hibs to make a move for the Dunfermline player.

Ahh, wrong thread, there's another thread with a statement from the OP saying he's signing and you heard it here first......

Jim44
11-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Ahh, wrong thread, there's another thread with a statement from the OP saying he's signing and you heard it here first......

Different kettle of fish .......... go get'im Hermit Crab.:greengrin

Mcpakeisgod
11-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Tried and failed in the top flight. A league 1/championship player

He never failed, 8 goals in 35 from the wing is a decent return

fishybeaver
11-01-2016, 01:38 PM
Apparently in talks with Dundee United.