PDA

View Full Version : Got to be happy !

stoneyburn hibs
09-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Given how bad we were 2 seasons ago, we have to be at the very least satisfied as to where we are now.
Three points behind in the league, in the draw for the next round of the Scottish cup and a semi final tie in the league cup coming up.
Probably seen as happy clapping, however we have made progress imo.

Thecat23
09-01-2016, 04:03 PM
Given how bad we were 2 seasons ago, we have to be at the very least satisfied as to where we are now.
Three points behind in the league, in the draw for the next round of the Scottish cup and a semi final tie in the league cup coming up.

We are miles and I mean miles from where we were. On the pitch and off it. Anyone who doesn't think we have made progress is clueless.

stantonhibby
09-01-2016, 04:09 PM
We are miles and I mean miles from where we were. On the pitch and off it. Anyone who doesn't think we have made progress is clueless.

Or doesn't want to see it.

Thecat23
09-01-2016, 04:10 PM
Or doesn't want to see it.

Exactly.

O'Rourke3
09-01-2016, 04:11 PM
We are miles and I mean miles from where we were. .

Kirkcaldy? :greengrin. Miles away indeed.

The Parallels were really there for me today. When we played them two years ago, my band were gigging later the same night and had an afternoon set up. When in Edinburgh, I can usually make the game, not today. The horror of losing and then later on breaking my Les Paul during the gig will live with me for a long time. Still got to get through tonight without a damaged guitar however the signs are pretty good so far :thumbsup:

bingo70
09-01-2016, 04:11 PM

I don't think there's any debate whether we've progressed or not, the question was whether we'd progressed enough. At the start of this season I had my concerns but as the op points out we really have to be happy with the progress made.

Spike Mandela
09-01-2016, 04:35 PM
As ever with Hibs our timing is terrible. Probably got relegated at the worst possible time and most other seasons in the Championship Stubbs teams would have strolled back up.

Onion
09-01-2016, 05:09 PM

Stubbs and LD have done a fantastic job.

Keith_M
09-01-2016, 05:23 PM
Happy? On DotNet? Are you mad?

:wink:

SausageSurprise
09-01-2016, 05:26 PM
Happy clapping? On DotNet? You better believe it!

FTFY

stoneyburn hibs
09-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Stubbs and LD have done a fantastic job.

They have. God forbid that we don't get promotion I'd be disappointed if AS wasn't in charge. The football on display is night and day compared to what it was.

stoneyburn hibs
09-01-2016, 05:28 PM

Lol, I know mate.

lucky
09-01-2016, 05:29 PM
Great progress but until we are promoted back to the premiership not content

SJNB Hibby
09-01-2016, 05:30 PM
Since losing to the new hun in the diddiest of diddy cups, we're 5 wins out of 5 in cups, goals 11-0.................THAT's progress!!:flag:

Andy74
09-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Great progress but until we are promoted back to the premiership not content

I think until we are challenging in the top six and in cup finals again it's difficult to say we are back. We aren't always content when we get there either!

It's enjoyable just now though.

Eyrie
09-01-2016, 06:11 PM

The way that Stubbs and Dempster are going, all that we'll have left to complain about is having nothing left to complain about :grr:

lucky
09-01-2016, 06:17 PM
I think until we are challenging in the top six and in cup finals again it's difficult to say we are back. We aren't always content when we get there either!

It's enjoyable just now though.

Fair point but in the content of this thread promotion is the improvement we are all looking for

Greenblood70
09-01-2016, 06:21 PM
Its refreshing, after the pre Stubbs years of decline, to look forward to our games again. It had got to the stage where I was having to drag myself out the pub/house to the games at ER. We've got some cracking players now, a clear plan of where we want to go at Board level, a general feeling of increasing optimism within the support and a management team who seem to respect and have a genuine affection for the club and its fans.

There's still work to do, and no doubt there'll be a few bumps in the road along the way but Im convinced we're going in the right direction.

Pretty Boy
09-01-2016, 06:24 PM
I enjoy going to the football again. That's not been the case for a decent length of time.

Obviously that's not a real gauge of progress but it helps.