09-01-2016, 03:58 PM
Needs to sign for next season!

09-01-2016, 03:58 PM
I love him.

09-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Disappointing first half of the season, but he can play.

3 in 4 games now so hopefully he kicks on. Hope him and Cummings get a good run of games together again.

09-01-2016, 04:11 PM
New contract please Hibs!!!!

09-01-2016, 04:16 PM
Great goal, always wanted to be involved. Cool as **** celebration.

09-01-2016, 04:21 PM
3 in 4 games now so hopefully he kicks on. Hope him and Cummings get a good run of games together again.

........and he's not off to African Cup of Nations this year, so no reason for him and Cummings not to get that goal scoring run to continue. :thumbsup:

09-01-2016, 05:11 PM

Here is a clip of the goal and celebration on camera!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdHXDayzd2Y

09-01-2016, 05:13 PM
Here is a clip of the goal and celebration on camera! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdHXDayzd2Y

Pick it out!! What a finish!

09-01-2016, 05:16 PM
Boy behind me moaning his face off all game about how poor he is.

And then said 'aw he only does it in cup games'

Some of the stuff he was saying was mental.

09-01-2016, 05:20 PM
He didn't run to the fans very quickly after he scored? Very laboured and lazy looking run.

09-01-2016, 05:21 PM

Aye, mental, Malonga is Hibs class, gifted footballer, scores great goals, I bet not many fancy playing against him because of his ability to keep the ball and his eye for a pass.

We'll miss him when he's gone so enjoy him while he's here.

09-01-2016, 05:23 PM
#next

09-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Brilliant celebration

09-01-2016, 05:30 PM

:top marks King Dom of Fife.

09-01-2016, 05:33 PM
Best player to pull on the green and white since John Collins

09-01-2016, 05:36 PM

Take a boo son. :thumbsup:

09-01-2016, 05:36 PM
I read one post in the first half saying something along the lines of "lazy players like Dom were the reason we were playing so badly."

Anyone care to own up?

I think he's class, we miss his touch and composure when he doesn't play and going by Twitter he's clearly a very popular player in the squad. If he's out of contract in the summer I hope we get him signed up, I suspect he may move on though.

09-01-2016, 05:42 PM
I read one post in the first half saying something along the lines of "lazy players like Dom were the reason we were playing so badly."

Anyone care to own up?

I think he's class, we miss his touch and composure when he doesn't play and going by Twitter he's clearly a very popular player in the squad. If he's out of contract in the summer I hope we get him signed up, I suspect he may move on though.

Same sort of thing at the game. He was getting a fair bit of stick until he scored. He is what he is and I really like him but quite a lot if our support seem keen to turn on him pretty quickly.

09-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Same sort of thing at the game. He was getting a fair bit of stick until he scored. He is what he is and I really like him but quite a lot if our support seem keen to turn on him pretty quickly.

I think some people would prefer a team of James Collins

09-01-2016, 05:53 PM

I have no time for the Oxleymorons and Domihators

09-01-2016, 06:30 PM
I thought Dom played pretty well today. He does a reasonable amount of work but that isn't what he is there for. He played in the hole today much of the time and maybe that is the role he is best suited to. When Hibs started to play better and find some passes he got involved and looked lively enough. Great goal to kill the tie.

09-01-2016, 06:51 PM

You must have been sat next to me. Guy behind moaned whole game

09-01-2016, 06:53 PM

All clubs have morons in their support who seem to prefer to turn on their own players instead of supporting their team.You pays your money so your entilted to have an opinion but I must admin I can't understand them.

Incidentally I haven't seen many players who can hit a ball with such a short backlift as Malonga.Shows his class.

09-01-2016, 07:26 PM

:agree::agree:

He has real quality in his locker......Take that every day of the week......

09-01-2016, 07:46 PM
I think some people would prefer a team of James Collins

All together now..."Weeee all dream of a team of James Collins" [emoji126][emoji133][emoji445]

[emoji102]

'mon the beers
09-01-2016, 07:49 PM
Boy next to me moaning about his work off the ball when we are defending and then boom - pick that out!!!!

Great goal by a player who still splits opinion amongst the support, I personally love him and long may he stay with us!!!

09-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Still don't understand why there is not a clamber for him to get a new contract.

09-01-2016, 08:00 PM

Right now we need all the fans we can get, but some folks really bring the tone down.

09-01-2016, 08:04 PM
Still don't understand why there is not a clamber for him to get a new contract.

Equally mystified about a clamber but if you can muster a clamour then count me in :wink:

09-01-2016, 08:46 PM
Watched Dom and only Dom today, all I can say is that he links play better than any forward we've had in my memory, he creates so much space for the 2 centre mids to do their bit, very important, he's quite lazy in pressing the defenders, that was defo an instruction to the forwards as Dagnall did it well, he likes to get the wide men involved (rarely using the ball, all movement and the positions he was taking up in phases today, really impressive, you can tell he's played in Serie A) and drags his marker out of their comfort zone in a whole host of situations, quite clever. He's capable of a goal like that too as we all know, he'd start every game for me.

09-01-2016, 08:50 PM
Watched Dom and only Dom today, all I can say is that he links play better than any forward we've had in my memory, he creates so much space for the 2 centre mids to do their bit, very important, he's quite lazy in pressing the defenders, that was defo an instruction to the forwards as Dagnall did it well, he likes to get the wide men involved (rarely using the ball, all movement and the positions he was taking up in phases today, really impressive, you can tell he's played in Serie A) and drags his marker out of their comfort zone in a whole host of situations, quite clever. He's capable of a goal like that too as we all know, he'd start every game for me.

wasn't that quite boring after he went off? :greengrin

09-01-2016, 08:52 PM
Said it before and I'll say it again, Dom is the most naturally gifted player we have.

09-01-2016, 08:53 PM

Exactly. Five mins before he scored some clown behind me screaming to get him off. I turned round and said why - he's had a great second half. I don't get what's in some folks heads. 😫

09-01-2016, 08:54 PM
wasn't that quite boring after he went off? :greengrin

He made that bench look so cool for 10 minutes haha :greengrin

09-01-2016, 08:57 PM
Said it before and I'll say it again, Dom is the most naturally gifted player we have.

Agree with this 100%, and the most gifted football player we've had at the club for a long time. I feel this is another Claros situation in that he does a lot of very neat and clever things off the ball which are missed by the ball watchers :greengrin

09-01-2016, 11:07 PM

Step away from the alchol :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

09-01-2016, 11:11 PM

For me it's Lewis - I know, pelters expected on here JB, but technically with a football Lewis is a very fine footballer - I love Malonga, however both have very very natural ability at bringing a ball under control quickly and rarely losing it.

10-01-2016, 01:56 AM
For me it's Lewis - I know, pelters expected on here JB, but technically with a football Lewis is a very fine footballer - I love Malonga, however both have very very natural ability at bringing a ball under control quickly and rarely losing it.

I'm a big Lewis fan, but I think Lewis would laugh at this...it's hard work and professionalism that has taken Lewis to the point where he is Mister Reliable almost every week, not natural talent. Dom can do things with a ball that lewis can only dream about, and he would admit that.

10-01-2016, 02:02 AM
I'm a big Lewis fan, but I think Lewis would laugh at this...it's hard work and professionalism that has taken Lewis to the point where he is Mister Reliable almost every week, not natural talent. Dom can do things with a ball that lewis can only dream about, and he would admit that.

Dom can, yes, but Lewis consistently does it - watch every game and watch his actual technique and vision - including passing - keeping it simple under pressure isn't that easy - my point is, having watched him for years, is Lewis is a very technically gifted footballer hence he's survived numerous coaches, some good some bad, but he's also been sought by other teams with great coaches - and he's always chosen Hibs first - for me he's way above Dom in consistency alone.

Caveat - I do love big Dom too.

10-01-2016, 02:14 AM
Dom can, yes, but Lewis consistently does it - watch every game and watch his actual technique and vision - including passing - keeping it simple under pressure isn't that easy - my point is, having watched him for years, is Lewis is a very technically gifted footballer hence he's survived numerous coaches, some good some bad, but he's also been sought by other teams with great coaches - and he's always chosen Hibs first - for me he's way above Dom in consistency alone.

One of the signs of a technically good footballer is good receiving of a ball.

Malonga has a fantastic reception, usually when the ball arrives to him it's immediately under control and he's got it doing what he wants.

I have to admit, I think Lewis takes the ball very, very well too.

I've posted before about how well he shows for the ball when we have it.

I think he is a model for kids wanting to learn about showing and about movement, but also about first touch and what happens next.

Agree with the point about keeping it simple under pressure. It looks easy when it's done properly but it takes so much hard work in preparation to get to that stage.

10-01-2016, 02:16 AM

Dom is consistent like Stevie Archibald was. Ability & technique is up there.

10-01-2016, 02:20 AM
Dom is consistent like Stevie Archibald was. Ability & technique is up there.

I'm not arguing at all with Dom's technique or ability - my point is Lewis, for me, is the most naturally talented at the club. All about opinions and I totally understand others disagree - but technically Lewis is an extremely good footballer.

10-01-2016, 03:08 AM

i think you are right on consistency but not on natural talent....and I'm 100% convinced Lewis would say the same....

10-01-2016, 03:25 AM
i think you are right on consistency but not on natural talent....and I'm 100% convinced Lewis would say the same....

Knowing him as I do, and with the humility he has, I agree with your Lewy statement

10-01-2016, 06:54 AM
For me it's Lewis - I know, pelters expected on here JB, but technically with a football Lewis is a very fine footballer - I love Malonga, however both have very very natural ability at bringing a ball under control quickly and rarely losing it.As much as I love Lewis naturally technical gifted players can use both feet well, he can't. Great first touch but overall we have better technical players.

Dylan is a good example, he is right footed but is comfortable with both and scored a great goal from 20 yards with his left against Arbroath last season.

10-01-2016, 08:33 AM
Problem with alot of Scottish fitba is hit and rush, we have been used to it for so long that when a guy like dom comes along we yhink he is lazy, you should watch more Italian or Spanish fitba, he would fit in there perfectly, he will be a loss when he goes.

10-01-2016, 08:43 AM
I love the fact that he has the confidence in himself to stick with his own game. One of the few in the first half for me who was trying to make things happen. Long may he continue to stroll around the park in a Hibs top.

10-01-2016, 08:43 AM
Problem with alot of Scottish fitba is hit and rush, we have been used to it for so long that when a guy like dom comes along we yhink he is lazy, you should watch more Italian or Spanish fitba, he would fit in there perfectly, he will be a loss when he goes.

DM has some areas where he could improve...........thats why he is in Scotland and not Serie A.

However you are right, when he eventually goes all the "kick it long, run harder, run faster, your a lazy bassa" eejits in the crowd will bemoan the fact that we dont have a player with his skill and ability to hold on to the fitba.

His goal against the sheep was Malonga all over - he didnt outsprint the dons defenders, he out thought them and beat them with a most sublime bit of skill.

And - no lie - when McGinn found him with the pass, and Dom controlled it instantly and set off, I was fully expecting a goal, he is just that sort of player !!

10-01-2016, 09:10 AM
Exactly. Five mins before he scored some clown behind me screaming to get him off. I turned round and said why - he's had a great second half. I don't get what's in some folks heads. [emoji31]

Right now we need all the fans we can get, but some folks really bring the tone down.

You must have been sat next to me. Guy behind moaned whole game

As I said the boy was also talking about how the subs were poor and our set up after the subs were made.

He was clueless. 'Why have you taken a defender off for a defender, how is that attacking?"

Some folk really hate Dom in our support. It's ridiculous.

I always find it interesting to judge a player on the reaction they get from other fans.

Everyone hates Cummings. Because he scores.

Similarly most teams' fans hate Dom. Because of his quality.

10-01-2016, 10:00 AM

The most naturally gifted player we have just now but better than Sauzee ,Latapy and a fair few after them and before ! No chance but love your optimism:)

10-01-2016, 10:05 AM
On his day King Dom is brilliant and has that little bit of magic that most other plays don't have but he is not even the best player in the current squad never mind since John Collins.

10-01-2016, 10:16 AM
Dom will go into our history as a modern day fans favourite.

He's up there with Matty Jack, wee Russell, Franck and Zitelli to name a few.

Fans favourites are not necessarily the 'best' players but ones who excite, do something different and have a bit character.

He is a very gifted footballer and his highlight reel at Hibs is looking more and more impressive as the weeks go on. Would just love to see him unleashed on the top league as he's already torn United & Aberdeen new ones.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

10-01-2016, 10:18 AM
Dom will go into our history as a modern day fans favourite.

He's up there with Matty Jack, wee Russell, Franck and Zitelli to name a few.

Fans favourites are not necessarily the 'best' players but ones who excite, do something different and have a bit character.

He is a very gifted footballer and his highlight reel at Hibs is looking more and more impressive as the weeks go on. Would just love to see him unleashed on the top league as he's already torn United & Aberdeen new ones.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Now now, I was agreeing with you up until then...

10-01-2016, 01:11 PM
Richard Gordon, who was laughing at him, can enjoy his goal on a loop now he doesn't have to worry about booking a trip to Hampden anytime soon.

10-01-2016, 01:13 PM
Richard Gordon, who was laughing at him, can enjoy his goal on a loop now he doesn't have to worry about booking a trip to Hampden anytime soon.

😂😂

10-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Dom would be the first name on my team sheet every week, I cannot understand why Stubbs leaves him out from time to time. Magnificent player.

I don't think Lewis is hugely naturally gifted but he through sheer hard work he has improved technically. His first touch is now Murphy-esque and he must have been working on it because I din't remember it being so good before. His right foot is a weakness and his final ball still sometimes lets him down in the final third but tbh it is nowhere near as bad as some make out either.

The Sundance Kid
10-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Dom would be the first name on my team sheet every week, I cannot understand why Stubbs leaves him out from time to time. Magnificent player.

I don't think Lewis is hugely naturally gifted but he through sheer hard work he has improved technically. His first touch is now Murphy-esque and he must have been working on it because I din't remember it being so good before. His right foot is a weakness and his final ball still sometimes lets him down in the final third but tbh it is nowhere near as bad as some make out either.

Totally agree about there being an exaggeration over Stevenson's poor final ball. Yes there's still room for improvement but he was second behind Scott Allan in our assist chart for last season and following his two assists yesterday is now top of our assist chart for this season

11-01-2016, 03:27 AM
I could watch doms goal over and over. He gives the defender no time to stop the shot and although the ball was travelling he placed it in the corner giving the keeper no chance. Needs to start and we need to find him with passes when he inevitably makes space for himself.

11-01-2016, 10:38 AM
For you singers, how about an adapted version of 'Dominique' by the Singing Nun! Or is it already used?

11-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Totally agree about there being an exaggeration over Stevenson's poor final ball. Yes there's still room for improvement but he was second behind Scott Allan in our assist chart for last season and following his two assists yesterday is now top of our assist chart for this season

And his crossing into box has improved as well.....

11-01-2016, 12:13 PM
I ****ing love Malonga

11-01-2016, 12:44 PM

Presumably you're only taking into consideration when the ball falls to his left side?

11-01-2016, 01:05 PM
Presumably you're only taking into consideration when the ball falls to his left side?

Why not " come off the fence " and admit you don't like Lwis S !! :greengrin:greengrin:wink: