PDA

View Full Version : Australian Hibs players

Forza Fred
09-01-2016, 11:04 AM
Anyone know of any Australians who actually played for Hibs, apart from Stuart Lovell, and I guess Jack Reilly, although Reilly wasn't an Aussie when he played for Hibs.

For the younger generation Reilly was a pretty crap keeper who played a few games for us, emigrated and actually kept goal for Australia in the 74 World Cup Finals.

I can't think of any others, but there may be.

Sproule Three
09-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Anyone know of any Australians who actually played for Hibs, apart from Stuart Lovell, and I guess Jack Reilly, although Reilly wasn't an Aussie when he played for Hibs.

For the younger generation Reilly was a pretty crap keeper who played a few games for us, emigrated and actually kept goal for Australia in the 74 World Cup Finals.

I can't think of any others, but there may be.

Joe Keenan.
Grant Brebner now has Australian citizenship -;)

Forza Fred
09-01-2016, 11:26 AM
Joe Keenan.

Forgot about Keenan.....mind you he was entirely forgettable Gary!

Have to check if Keenan was actually an Aussie......I know he was signed from Australia but not sure about his birthplace or international background.

Forgot too about Grant Brebner. too....good one.

Baader
09-01-2016, 04:23 PM
Forgot about Keenan.....mind you he was entirely forgettable Gary!

Have to check if Keenan was actually an Aussie......I know he was signed from Australia but not sure about his birthplace or international background.

Forgot too about Grant Brebner. too....good one.

Sean Widera is Aussie but don't think he made a league appearance in his time at Hibs.

Allant1981
09-01-2016, 04:36 PM
Joe Keenan.

Pretty sure keenan is english

California-Hibs
09-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Joe Keenan.

Keenan is English.

O'Rourke3
09-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Stuart Lovell

Bayern Bru
09-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Pretty sure keenan is english

Yep, Southampton-born.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibiza
09-01-2016, 06:02 PM
3;4541285]Stuart Lovell[/QUOTE] ned kelly.

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Chris killen?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
09-01-2016, 06:46 PM
Chris killen?

Kiwi

SouthMoroccoStu
09-01-2016, 06:46 PM
Chris killen?

New Zealander my friend

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-01-2016, 06:50 PM
New Zealander my friend
Close

Sproule Three
09-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Keenan is English.

I just checked Wiki but you beat me to it -:)
He seems to have been in Australia for years . Had stints in A league with Melbourne Victory and Adelaide before and after Hibs
Last heard of at South Melbourne .
maybe an Aus citizen like Brebs.
Whatever his nationality he was single fish .
Only thing I can remember him doing is passing the ball straight to a Hun on our kick off .

H18 SFR
09-01-2016, 11:23 PM
I seem to recall a player from Oz around the time of McLeish as manager. He left for 'more money' working at Standard Life whilst playing for Newtongrange Star I seem to recall

H18 SFR
09-01-2016, 11:27 PM
Cancel that, I now think he was Canadian ha ha, oooops. Russel Huggon was who I was thinking of.

givescotlandfreedom
10-01-2016, 01:42 AM
I just checked Wiki but you beat me to it -:)
He seems to have been in Australia for years . Had stints in A league with Melbourne Victory and Adelaide before and after Hibs
Last heard of at South Melbourne .
maybe an Aus citizen like Brebs.
Whatever his nationality he was single fish .
Only thing I can remember him doing is passing the ball straight to a Hun on our kick off .

I'm sureKeenan scored a belter against Morton in a league cup defeat where Mixu got in trouble for reacting to a shocking referee. I don't know why I remember these things.
That apart, all I remember is pishness.

Forza Fred
10-01-2016, 03:48 AM
I'm sureKeenan scored a belter against Morton in a league cup defeat where Mixu got in trouble for reacting to a shocking referee. I don't know why I remember these things.
That apart, all I remember is pishness.

When he signed Keenan who dined out that he was once on Chelsea's books, I started to lose a bit faith in Mixu.

We seem to have had a few ex Chelsea youngsters who never quite made it