PDA

View Full Version : Jordon Forster

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-01-2016, 11:27 PM
What's happening with him?

Folk saying he's going on loan. Others say permenant. Then others are saying away on loan but been offered a contract to stay...

What's going on with him? I for one would be gutted if we let him go. The lad is still very young and has a big future ahead of him and I wish for it to be at Hibs. Best thing to do would be tie him down on a longer deal and put him out on loan to get games.

FromTheCapital
08-01-2016, 11:28 PM
He'd honestly start for me next to Hanlon. Terrific footballer. He won't leave unless it's just a loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram
08-01-2016, 11:29 PM
He'd honestly start for me next to Hanlon. Terrific footballer. He won't leave unless it's just a loan.

He's out of contract at the end of the season

He's a fantastic footballer.

FromTheCapital
08-01-2016, 11:30 PM
He's out of contract at the end of the season

Really??
Get him tied up now!!

Winston Ingram
08-01-2016, 11:33 PM
Really??
Get him tied up now!!

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordon-forster/profil/spieler/186878

Andy74
08-01-2016, 11:37 PM

He's not currently as good as the players we have brought in. There's some potential there though.

lucky
08-01-2016, 11:42 PM
He's currently the 4th best CH at Hibs. He may improve with age but his positional play and concentration let him down. He's no more than a squad player at this moment in his career. A move away playing every week should help him. But like so many of our recent players that have come through our youth system I suspect Hibs will be the biggest club he plays for.

FromTheCapital
08-01-2016, 11:46 PM
He's not currently as good as the players we have brought in. There's some potential there though.

Not had a chance to prove himself. Personally think he is just as good.

MWHIBBIES
08-01-2016, 11:46 PM
What has Forster done to be classed as a ''fantastic footballer''? Was very poor (along with the rest) when we went down and has hardly played since. Had some solid games last season but nothing to suggest he is better than Fontaine and McGregor never mind Hanlon.

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2016, 11:54 PM

I'm sure in training he gets to prove himself every day and the manager thinks that the others are better

Andy74
08-01-2016, 11:55 PM

46 games is a lot more than many players who have gone down as failures.

He is a decent young player but not currently much more than that. We have better players and in defence it's probably a less forgiving place to play.

silverhibee
08-01-2016, 11:56 PM
What has Forster done to be classed as a ''fantastic footballer''? Was very poor (along with the rest) when we went down and has hardly played since. Had some solid games last season but nothing to suggest he is better than Fontaine and McGregor never mind Hanlon.

He is a young lad learning his trade, hopefully that is it Hibs, a very good prospect who has been hampered with niggly injuries this season.

You never know, he could turn out to be a fantastic player, but give the lad some time to prove it.

MWHIBBIES
09-01-2016, 12:07 AM
He is a young lad learning his trade, hopefully that is it Hibs, a very good prospect who has been hampered with niggly injuries this season.

You never know, he could turn out to be a fantastic player, but give the lad some time to prove it.I agree completely, he could be come a fantastic player but he isn't one now IMO.

FromTheCapital
09-01-2016, 12:09 AM

Was a stand out the year we went down imo.

Thecat23
09-01-2016, 12:09 AM
Forster is still rough round the edges for me. He's not a great player as some seem to think, but given game time I feel could be! Loan would be good for him and I'd like to see him involved maybe next season.

But I don't think we should sell him outright as he's defo got something to offer imo. Stubbs knows better than us though so will have to wait and see.

The Harp
09-01-2016, 12:12 AM
Definitely wouldn't like to see Jordon leave ER. Thought from the first time I saw him playing for the under 20s that he was a future Hibs captain. He hasn't fulfilled his potential but he's not been helped by injuries. Sure he'll come through it though and establish himself as a first team regular - hopefully at Hibs.

MWHIBBIES
09-01-2016, 12:15 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLooked like a lost schoolboy without Hanlon IMO.

truehibernian
09-01-2016, 12:19 AM
Each and every game Jordon played v Hearts, watch the games and watch his will to win - often the best defender and 'attacker' on the pitch - I wouldn't lose him, definite potential there once we are promoted.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-01-2016, 12:20 AM
Got injured towards the business end of the season with TB if I recall well. Victim of circumstances unlucky with injuries and necessity of bringing others in.
I do despair at times the way some folks are relatively quick to discard the potential of the players we've brought through the ranks esp those that break through early like Jordon. Still don't get the folks that don't rate Hanlon but each to their own.

FromTheCapital
09-01-2016, 12:21 AM
Looked like a lost schoolboy without Hanlon IMO.

Hahaha good one!

Viva_Palmeiras
09-01-2016, 12:22 AM

Yup we missed him at a crucial stage just before the playoffs iirc

truehibernian
09-01-2016, 12:26 AM
Got injured towards the business end of the season with TB if I recall well. Victim of circumstances unlucky with injuries and necessity of bringing others in.
I do despair at times the way some folks are relatively quick to discard the potential of the players we've brought through the ranks esp those that break through early like Jordon. Still don't get the folks that don't rate Hanlon but each to their own.

We lost 2-1 at ER v them and JF scored (April time maybe) - after the game two players were both gutted and raging in equal measure after they came out the dressing room - Scott Robertson (who sat in the dug out, empty stadium, gutted) and Forster who looked like he'd punch through the away dressing room wall !!

Rest of the players couldn't give one !

silverhibee
09-01-2016, 12:31 AM
I agree completely, he could be come a fantastic player but he isn't one now IMO.

Certainly not now, no, but given a chance to develop he could be, and hopefully it is with Hibs.

The others (Stanton Harris Handling and i will include Insall in this group) will probably never play for Hibs again.

Maybe harsh on Insall but that's just my opinion.

truehibernian
09-01-2016, 12:34 AM
Certainly not now, no, but given a chance to develop he could be, and hopefully it is with Hibs.

The others (Stanton Harris Handling and i will include Insall in this group) will probably never play for Hibs again.

Deek got an opinion on JI ? I heard he's 'raw' SH - have to say it must be difficult stepping up the levels he has - maybe worth giving a seasons worth of first team training before judgement ??

FromTheCapital
09-01-2016, 12:40 AM
Yup we missed him at a crucial stage just before the playoffs iirc

Yeah, you're right.
Got injured in the 3-0 win against Falkirk last season just before the Play-Off's when he was really starting to shine as well.

silverhibee
09-01-2016, 12:58 AM
Looked like a lost schoolboy without Hanlon IMO.

They all looked like lost schoolboys when we went down, no one tried to take us by the scruff of the neck and pull us through that horrible time, hopefully the ones who are still with us will learn from that and never want to be in that position again as a footballer.

We are now hopefully on the right track and be back in the top league next season.

JimBHibees
09-01-2016, 08:42 AM
We lost 2-1 at ER v them and JF scored (April time maybe) - after the game two players were both gutted and raging in equal measure after they came out the dressing room - Scott Robertson (who sat in the dug out, empty stadium, gutted) and Forster who looked like he'd punch through the away dressing room wall !!

Rest of the players couldn't give one !

That was the same game he got caught out twice when marking Paterson. Like his attitude however seems to pick up loads of injuries and also work to do on positioning. Would prefer a loan to a sale though.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-01-2016, 09:31 AM
That was the same game he got caught out twice when marking Paterson. Like his attitude however seems to pick up loads of injuries and also work to do on positioning. Would prefer a loan to a sale though.

I like Jordon and think he has a future but to say he was good that season we went down is nonsense. The entire defence without Hanlon was awful. You're correct about that Hearts game, two shocking goals lost. Forster, like Nelson and McGivern were all over the place every week.
He looked much improved under Stubbs and would probably be playing far more had he not got injured in that daft Petrofac cup

anon1875
09-01-2016, 09:37 AM
He's going to be a cracker, hopefully we can get him to stay. It's down to him to force himself in to the team and at the moment that's going to be a hard task.

Nameless
09-01-2016, 09:59 AM
He reminds me very much of Ballie. I'm not a scout, and I'm not a coach, so I have no idea if he has genuine potential or if he has peaked already. If Stubbs and his staff don't fancy him then his wages are better spent elsewhere.

J-C
09-01-2016, 10:12 AM
I like Jordon and think he has a future but to say he was good that season we went down is nonsense. The entire defence without Hanlon was awful. You're correct about that Hearts game, two shocking goals lost. Forster, like Nelson and McGivern were all over the place every week.
He looked much improved under Stubbs and would probably be playing far more had he not got injured in that daft Petrofac cup

Unfortunately Forster was left high and dry during that time, Nelson and McGivern were not the type to help a young CH in a time of need, he was beginning to have an understanding with Hanlon but injuries and the introduction of Nelson didn't help.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-01-2016, 10:15 AM
Unfortunately Forster was left high and dry during that time, Nelson and McGivern were not the type to help a young CH in a time of need, he was beginning to have an understanding with Hanlon but injuries and the introduction of Nelson didn't help.

I agree that the biggest issue that season was Hanlon getting injured. Didn't help Forster's development at all.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-01-2016, 08:21 PM
Think the end is near for him sadly. Posted a picture up of the derby win last season on Instagram which was closely followed by a comment from his mate Callum Antel (ex Hibs) saying "better things are coming bro".

Gmack7
09-01-2016, 08:28 PM
I really hope he stays, there's a good CH there given the time and the proper coaching

The Sundance Kid
09-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Noticed that a Plymouth fan tweeted him saying that he hoped Jordon would sign for Plymouth and Forster responded saying 'so do I'

Think he'll definitely be off this window but hope it's just a loan and he gets a new contract as still think he has great potential

Rabland
12-01-2016, 10:01 AM
Jordon is away to Plymouth, not sure why it's not been announced but he may play for them tonight against Northampton if clearance is given.

Golden Bear
12-01-2016, 10:02 AM
Jordon is away to Plymouth, not sure why it's not been announced but he may play for them tonight against Northampton if clearance is given.

On loan?

Rabland
12-01-2016, 10:15 AM
it's a loan for now.

Golden Bear
12-01-2016, 10:19 AM
it's a loan for now.

:aok:

I really hope we get him back. As others have said, the injury hampered his progression at ER but there's no doubt in my eyes that he's a talented player.

Rabland
12-01-2016, 11:17 AM
:aok:

I really hope we get him back. As others have said, the injury hampered his progression at ER but there's no doubt in my eyes that he's a talented player.

Hopefully, but out of contract in the summer so who knows what may happen.
Jordon loves it at Hibs but he needs to be playing football and he isn't going to get game time here.

Lago
12-01-2016, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=Golden Bear;4544112i

I really hope we get him back. As others have said, the injury hampered his progression at ER but there's no doubt in my eyes that he's a talented player.[/QUOTE]
Totally agree, I think he will be a terrific player in a couple of years.

CB_NO3
12-01-2016, 01:08 PM
Hibs are going to offer him a contract on the same terms as he is on. If he moves to another club on a permanant basis and turns down our offer we will get a development fee for him.

Reading between the lines, I dont think we will see Forster at Hibs again. I have no evidence of that. Just the impression I get.

blackpoolhibs
12-01-2016, 01:52 PM
Totally agree, I think he will be a terrific player in a couple of years.

I agree, he's raw but has talent and nobody can question his commitment. Not many centre defenders come through the ranks, but i believe if he went out and got a bit more experience he just might be capable of coming back and being that good rugged centre half, who defends well and also scores a few at the other end.

All the best Jordon. :top marks

Brightside
12-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Based on his comments on FB he has no intention of coming back.

"Saddened to leave such a great club and a brilliant group of lads! But its the right time to move on..."

Stevie Reid
12-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Based on his comments on FB he has no intention of coming back.

"Saddened to leave such a great club and a brilliant group of lads! But its the right time to move on..."

That's a real shame, had high hopes for Jordon.

Wish him all the best.

Calidad
12-01-2016, 04:07 PM
Everytime I saw him play, I thought he was excellent. No idea why McGregor and Fontaine have been prioritised over him.

Good on the ball, athletic, great in the air and an academy player. Would have made a great partnership with Hanlon.

B.H.F.C
12-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Everytime I saw him play, I thought he was excellent. No idea why McGregor and Fontaine have been prioritised over him.

Good on the ball, athletic, great in the air and an academy player. Would have made a great partnership with Hanlon.

They play ahead of him because they are better, more experienced players. Simple as that IMO.

NAE NOOKIE
12-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Where's Sergey to tell us that he should have been loaned out to someone in the Bostick superglue Johnsons Vauxhall paint conference north, where he is sure to come back to us at least of EPL standard :greengrin

Seriously .... I still think he has loads of promise and certainly a good attitude, lets hope he does well down there and gets lots of game time, FWIW I think his race is far from run at Hibs and I hope he comes back for another go next season.

At least he's gone to another member of the Green & White fraternity .... good luck Jordan.

Calidad
12-01-2016, 05:23 PM
They play ahead of him because they are better, more experienced players. Simple as that IMO.

Not that my opinion is the one that matters, but I see nothing in either of them that shows they're better than Forster. Yes, they're more experienced, but that shouldn't be the main consideration. He has more to his game than both, and just needed the chance. A club in our position should always look to the academy first, and prioritise producing our own players. Forster hasn't been given an adequate chance, and I can't even remember him playing poorly when he did.

CB_NO3
12-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Jordan is no way near the level of performance of our 3 main central defenders yet IMO. The lad has a lot of potential but looks like he is very injury prone. He needs to be playing football now and he is not getting that at Hibs.

Waxy
12-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Just stuck a couple of quid on him to score first tonight at 20-1. These things happen.

B.H.F.C
12-01-2016, 05:45 PM
Not that my opinion is the one that matters, but I see nothing in either of them that shows they're better than Forster. Yes, they're more experienced, but that shouldn't be the main consideration. He has more to his game than both, and just needed the chance. A club in our position should always look to the academy first, and prioritise producing our own players. Forster hasn't been given an adequate chance, and I can't even remember him playing poorly when he did.

The only thing that I can think Forster has that the others don't is that he'll attack the ball in the opposition box and might score the odd goal. But the others are better defenders imo and that is what they're there to do. Defence has been pretty solid all year, I don't think Forster would improve that.

Andy74
12-01-2016, 06:02 PM
The only thing that I can think Forster has that the others don't is that he'll attack the ball in the opposition box and might score the odd goal. But the others are better defenders imo and that is what they're there to do. Defence has been pretty solid all year, I don't think Forster would improve that.

Agree

DaveF
12-01-2016, 06:05 PM
I wish him nothing but good luck going forward. It just never clicked here, but he's still young so hopefully he makes a good career for himself down south.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Is he away on loan for the rest of his contract?

leither17
12-01-2016, 08:34 PM
Just stuck a couple of quid on him to score first tonight at 20-1. These things happen.

Don't think he is playing

AlbertK86
12-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Don't think he is playing

He's not and not on bench

GreenOnions
12-01-2016, 09:01 PM
Good luck to JF. I really like him as a player and his attitude has always been top notch. I'd still like to see him come back to Easter Road and sign a new contract after his loan though as I think he's been unlucky with injuries and suspensions at key times.

cmcd
12-01-2016, 09:41 PM

Based on what JI was signed for a reason

Greencore
12-01-2016, 11:14 PM
A goodbye?

OsloHibs
12-01-2016, 11:18 PM
Even though I despise Plymouth FC, I Wish Jordan all the best and really hope he does well.

high bee
12-01-2016, 11:24 PM
A goodbye?

Certainly looks like it, disappointed if it is.

Interesting interaction between Handling and Forster on his Twitter. Perhaps a wee joke about Butchers coaching.

Handling says "@jordonforster23 all the best brother ❤️.. Put the ball in the channel! Ill miss you!"

Forster replies "@DanielHandling 😂😂 head it and kick it..... Far! Haha. I'll miss you too bro X"

brog
13-01-2016, 06:15 PM
Shame Jordon's didn't get to play last night. He would have been playing in green against maroon & probably marking James Collins, who scored! Good luck Jordon, I'm sure you'll do well down there.

Malthibby
13-01-2016, 06:17 PM
Damn shame, always thought he was a future captain.
Good luck.

Bay Area Hibees
13-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Shame hope comes back. I totally trust Stubbs to judge the player.

Clearly he's a great guy with great attitude so assume AS not sure about some aspect of his play.

But as his age lots time to develop. Good luck to him.

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2016, 07:09 PM
I cant think of any player we have let go in the past for nothing, where i have thought should we be doing this?

I do with Jordon.

Bishop Hibee
13-01-2016, 07:54 PM
It's a strange one. Far better than some of the diddys who've played At centre half for us. Good luck to him.

IainA
13-01-2016, 08:01 PM
Even though I despise Plymouth FC, I Wish Jordan all the best and really hope he does well.

Oi! Thats my favourite english team ( especially when they played in green with white sleeves!!)
a good wee team and doing well. Hope Jordan gets lots of game time and comes back soon :thumbsup:

TheFamous1875
14-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Very happy to see Jordon going on loan but also concerned that he's assuming that this is the end of his time at Hibs. He has massive potential and Stubbs should be giving him an improved contract and promising him game time, be that on loan or at Easter Road. Fontaine and McGregor are in their early thirties and are good to have around but I think Jordon has the potential to become a better centre half than both of them, and with Fontaine out of contract at the end of next season, it'd be the perfect time for a more experienced and improved Jordon Forster to come in and grab a place in our starting line-up. He's one for the future. Give him an improved contract, put him on loan and get back a better player a la Thibaut Courtois.

SausageSurprise
14-01-2016, 01:22 PM

Agreed with the last couple of bits. Just out of curiosity why don't you like Plymouth lol

Pretty Boy
14-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Agreed with the last couple of bits. Just out of curiosity why don't you like Plymouth lol

Some of their employees are pretty despicable individuals.

SausageSurprise
14-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Some of their employees are pretty despicable individuals.

Derek Adams?

Pretty Boy
14-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Derek Adams?

Not a fan of Adams but I was thinking more of club captain Luke McCormick. A real role model for youngsters to look up to.

SausageSurprise
14-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Not a fan of Adams but I was thinking more of club captain Luke McCormick. A real role model for youngsters to look up to.

Never heard of him

TamHibs
14-01-2016, 01:46 PM
Never heard of him

Sure he's the boy who killed 2 children whilst drink driving?

Iain G
14-01-2016, 01:49 PM
Shame hope comes back. I totally trust Stubbs to judge the player.

Clearly he's a great guy with great attitude so assume AS not sure about some aspect of his play.

But as his age lots time to develop. Good luck to him.

Concern about his injuries? I assume he will have the same chances at Plymouth as at ER to get a run in the first team so seems a strange move if it is simply about us wanting him to get a run of games?

Unless we are simply freeing up some wages to allow a certain signing for the rest of the season and Stubbs thinks we have enough cover at centre back?

erin go bragh
14-01-2016, 02:47 PM
Very happy to see Jordon going on loan but also concerned that he's assuming that this is the end of his time at Hibs. He has massive potential and Stubbs should be giving him an improved contract and promising him game time, be that on loan or at Easter Road. Fontaine and McGregor are in their early thirties and are good to have around but I think Jordon has the potential to become a better centre half than both of them, and with Fontaine out of contract at the end of next season, it'd be the perfect time for a more experienced and improved Jordon Forster to come in and grab a place in our starting line-up. He's one for the future. Give him an improved contract, put him on loan and get back a better player a la Thibaut Courtois.

He has been offered a 2 year deal . So if he doesn't sign it Hibs will be due a development fee .

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
14-01-2016, 02:54 PM
Sure he's the boy who killed 2 children whilst drink driving?

He is.

TamHibs
14-01-2016, 03:00 PM
He is.

Horrible

trev the hat
14-01-2016, 03:02 PM
He has been offered a 2 year deal . So if he doesn't sign it Hibs will be due a development fee .

GGTTH

Only if he were to sign for a Scottish club
I was under impression if he left for England (hopefully not) in the summer we'd get nowt ?

Andy74
14-01-2016, 03:06 PM

Perhaps he might be in a way a few years after such a terrible mistake?

easty
14-01-2016, 03:17 PM
Perhaps he might be in a way a few years after such a terrible mistake?

Nah.

Unless by "in a way" you mean he could be a role model to someone else, who has killed people whilst driving drunk, that wants to just pick up their life where they left off after spending too little time in jail.

Andy74
14-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Nah.

Unless by "in a way" you mean he could be a role model to someone else, who has killed people whilst driving drunk, that wants to just pick up their life where they left off after spending too little time in jail.

He served the time was asked to serve.

If he can now influence others to not make the same mistake he did then that is appropriate rehabilitation and perhaps he can now be a role model if that is what he is choosing to do.

If I recall the case it was the morning after that he was driving and there were circumstances around stuff being posted the night before about his girlfriend which had affected him and which pushed him to making the wrong decision to drive back to sort it out.

It is stupid and it is of course utterly tragic but to say he is just a despicable character that now can't have any positive role to play in any way is just not reality I'm afraid.

DH1875
14-01-2016, 04:20 PM

GGTTH

Do we still get a fee if he moves down south?

erin go bragh
14-01-2016, 04:26 PM

GGTTH

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2016, 07:26 PM

GGTTH

Didn't we get Jordon from Celtic? If that's right are we entitled to a development fee?

Viva_Palmeiras
14-01-2016, 07:41 PM
Oi! Thats my favourite english team ( especially when they played in green with white sleeves!!)
a good wee team and doing well. Hope Jordan gets lots of game time and comes back soon :thumbsup:

From my Pilgrim mate:

"2 silly goals leaked, cost us the game 😒 hence moving for Forster. Still top tho."