PDA

View Full Version : St Mirren vs Partick Thistle On TV ?

yekimevol
08-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Just noticed that St Mirren vs Partick Thistle is on tonight but I cant see it listed on TV anywhere; is it on or is there another reason for the friday night kickoff ?

Scorrie
08-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Does seem strange as it's not on tv and the bigot brothers don't play till Sunday so could have got a decent crowd tomorrow

Torto7062
08-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Maybe it's tonight due to policing issue's over the weekend mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
08-01-2016, 08:11 PM
It will be featured tomorrow night on Sportscene when the Beeb do their normal "round the grounds" coverage of the Scottish Cup.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-01-2016, 08:19 PM
Honestly can't believe(I can) that Sky have chosen the Rangers v Cowdenbeath as their game. What the actual **** is that all about? What's even the point?

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2016, 08:27 PM
Honestly can't believe(I can) that Sky have chosen the Rangers v Cowdenbeath as their game. What the actual **** is that all about? What's even the point?

They are showing the Sellic later on in the same day

Ronniekirk
08-01-2016, 08:29 PM

Nae point ,apart from pandering to the rangers fans ,and the new regieme at Ibrox ,who are at pains to tell everyone they are back ,and will be all omnipitant and lead Scottish football out the wilderness years because we have all missed them so much:wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-01-2016, 08:36 PM
Nae point ,apart from pandering to the rangers fans ,and the new regieme at Ibrox ,who are at pains to tell everyone they are back ,and will be all omnipitant and lead Scottish football out the wilderness years because we have all missed them so much:wink:

Pretty much [emoji57]
Let's all watch them beat Cowdenbeath 5-0 whilst the party songs are belted out. Magic [emoji106]

Pretty Boy
08-01-2016, 08:37 PM

Sky aren't interested in what game most neutrals want to watch (Hearts v Aberdeen?). They are interested in what game will get them the highest viewing figures and that will be both Celtic and Rangers.

3pm
08-01-2016, 08:53 PM
1-0 to Partick.

greenlex
08-01-2016, 09:12 PM
2-9 jags. Cue all the pundits banging on about the huge difference between Premiership and Championship. All ignoring the Harry Wraggs are on a great run and Buddues are shocking.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2016, 09:16 PM
2-9 jags. Cue all the pundits banging on about the huge difference between Premiership and Championship. All ignoring the Harry Wraggs are on a great run and Buddues are shocking.

Sounds like a high scoring game - already 11 goals and there must be 30 mins left?

TV have missed out here. :wink:

semaj64
08-01-2016, 09:21 PM

2-1 to jags apparently

Ronniekirk
08-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Sounds like a high scoring game - already 11 goals and there must be 30 mins left?

It's 2. 1 to jags :wink:

greenlex
08-01-2016, 09:23 PM

😂Chubby digits.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Sky aren't interested in what game most neutrals want to watch (Hearts v Aberdeen?). They are interested in what game will get them the highest viewing figures and that will be both Celtic and Rangers.

I know. It's pathetic though [emoji35]

DavieRoy
10-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Just noticed that St Mirren vs Partick Thistle is on tonight but I cant see it listed on TV anywhere; is it on or is there another reason for the friday night kickoff ?

They were trying something different. They had no segregation either.

Friday night is interesting. They tried it in the 90s for TV the brought it back a few years ago for both TV and non TV games. I think it is decent if you pick the right fixtures.

Remember Hibernian played a Scottish Cup Semi-Final on a Friday night at Ibrox against Celtic in 1995!

I prefer late Saturday as an alternative kick off time like Hearts v Aberdeen.