PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Stokes

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

GreenArmyyy!
08-01-2016, 10:34 AM
Did anybody else just hear Stubb's on BBC Scotland refusing to confirm or deny we are about to get Stokes here on loan?

Since1875Hibs
08-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Did anybody else just hear Stubb's on BBC Scotland refusing to confirm or deny we are about to get Stokes here on loan?

That's his response to all rumours.

Brooster
08-01-2016, 10:45 AM
I thought Stokes was going to ICT on loan.

TamHibs
08-01-2016, 10:48 AM
I thought Stokes was going to ICT on loan.

Was that not just Hughes saying he would like to have him on loan at ICT?

NthCarolinaHibs
08-01-2016, 10:55 AM
SSN reported a possible loan to ICT yesterday...

Hibernian Verse
08-01-2016, 10:56 AM
We already have Henderson so we can't get another player from Celtic.

End of rumour.

My_Wife_Camille
08-01-2016, 11:08 AM

End of rumour.
http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-adjust-loan-rules/

Hibernian Verse
08-01-2016, 11:09 AM
http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-adjust-loan-rules/
Getting an error on that page?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
08-01-2016, 11:11 AM
At its meeting yesterday (Monday 13 January), the SPFL Board agreed that the SPFL’s Temporary Transfer Regulations should be adjusted.

It will now be permitted for an SPFL club to lend a maximum of two players to another SPFL club, so long as the receiving club plays in a different division (higher or lower division).

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-adjust-loan-rules/#bLrr505tbCdzPuJA.99

Big_Franck
08-01-2016, 11:11 AM

End of rumour.

You can only get one player on loan from the same team if those teams are in the same division. If the clubs are in different divisions then you can get two players on loan at the same time.

My_Wife_Camille
08-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Getting an error on that page?

Strange, it works for me. Anyway, HR has posted it above. We can get 2 players on loan from Celtic so it's not quite 'end of rumour' yet.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Strange, it works for me. Anyway, HR has posted it above. We can get 2 players on loan from Celtic so it's not quite 'end of rumour' yet.

Start of rumour.

Hibernian Verse
08-01-2016, 11:21 AM
Ah ok. Fair enough!

Sammy7nil
08-01-2016, 11:25 AM
If you were Stokes where would you prefer to be? The flooded frozen Highlands or the not quite so cold lovely Capital City within daily travel from home. Providing the opportunity to bang in a few hatricks against weaker opposition :greengrin

Col2
08-01-2016, 11:36 AM
I think the Stokes rumour has something in it.

I wouldn't put it past Celtic bidding £750k for Cummings and we get the cash plus stokes on loan.

allezsauzee
08-01-2016, 11:39 AM

I wouldn't put it past Celtic bidding £750k for Cummings and we get the cash plus stokes on loan.

I would hope we'd tell them to bolt if that was the offer

Big_Franck
08-01-2016, 11:45 AM

Same. Nowhere near enough to compensate us for someone who could, and I think will, be the difference between us getting promoted and not. Getting Stokes would be a bonus but he's not played this season and it'd take him a good few weeks to get match fit.

portyhibernian
08-01-2016, 11:46 AM

No deal!!'

Andy74
08-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Same. Nowhere near enough to compensate us for someone who could, and I think will, be the difference between us getting promoted and not. Getting Stokes would be a bonus but he's not played this season and it'd take him a good few weeks to get match fit.
Stokes would score more goals than Cummings I reckon.

Big_Franck
08-01-2016, 11:50 AM

A match fit, in form Stokes i'd agree. Stokes in the state we'd be getting him in i'd have my doubts.

Hopefully we can keep Cummings and get Stokes though :greengrin

Stevie Reid
08-01-2016, 11:56 AM
I thought Neil Lennon turned Stokes into a much better all round forward, he still scored goals under him but I thought his link up play was much improved and made him a much more dangerous player than the out and out goalscorer he was before. IIRC he put in two excellent crosses for the Gary Hooper goals that scunnered our chances pretty early on in the 2013 cup final.

Don't know what's happened under Deila (though he didn't seem to previously rate Griffiths that much, either) but I'd be delighted if we were to get him. Would imagine he'd score a huge amount in this league, and chance conversion is still something that we can improve on significantly.

scoopyboy
08-01-2016, 12:06 PM

I'd settle for a high score draw. :greengrin

Golden Bear
08-01-2016, 12:12 PM

:agree:

Too true, we'd be the losers in a deal like that.

broondog
08-01-2016, 12:19 PM
have heard he is off to ict on loan. would love to see him back here though

CallumLaidlaw
08-01-2016, 12:35 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/08/746ac52b3d2133a81140384bd8590431.jpg

Hibeewilly
08-01-2016, 12:43 PM
have heard he is off to ict on loan. would love to see him back here though
You might get a wee surprise Broondog:wink:

Lancs Harp
08-01-2016, 12:43 PM
With Hughes at ICT I can see Stokes going on loan there, sadly, as a few have already said I think he would fill his boots at this level.

He seems to have a high regard for Hughes who brought him to Easter Road and to Falkirk previous to that.

SaulGoodman
08-01-2016, 12:48 PM
With Hughes at ICT I can see Stokes going on loan there, sadly, as a few have already said I think he would fill his boots at this level.

He seems to have a high regard for Hughes who brought him to Easter Road and to Falkirk previous to that.

Never say never.

DH1875
08-01-2016, 12:48 PM
He'll 100% end up somewhere on loan. Cant see it being with us or ICT though. He wont fancy Inverness and wants to make a push for the Euro's so needs to play.

SeanWilson
08-01-2016, 12:56 PM
He'll 100% end up somewhere on loan. Cant see it being with us or ICT though. He wont fancy Inverness and wants to make a push for the Euro's so needs to play.

IF he really does want to push himself and is fit... he'd score for fun in our team (in my opinion, more than Cummings).

SouthMoroccoStu
08-01-2016, 01:01 PM
Never say never.

There speaks the nudge and wink of a man in the know :wink:

DH1875
08-01-2016, 01:06 PM
IF he really does want to push himself and is fit... he'd score for fun in our team (in my opinion, more than Cummings).

In the Scottish championship though. Would that be good enough to make their Euro's squad?

Jim44
08-01-2016, 01:15 PM
If you were Stokes where would you prefer to be? The flooded frozen Highlands or the not quite so cold lovely Capital City within daily travel from home. Providing the opportunity to bang in a few hatricks against weaker opposition :greengrin

I think that football quality would come before geography in Stokes' decision/preferance. I expect him to go to ICT.

Ozyhibby
08-01-2016, 01:19 PM
I think that football quality would come before geography in Stokes' decision/preferance. I expect him to go to ICT.

I don't know. Given that it's only a short term loan deal, the thought of having to move house for no extra cash would put me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southsider
08-01-2016, 01:58 PM
Could Anthony be Stubbs' rabbit ? Alan Stubbs - Anthony Stokes, same initials.....spooky or what ?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Rather keep Anier than get Stokes. Scores goals etc but bad attitude and a clown. Not good for our dressing room.

Ozyhibby
08-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Rather keep Anier than get Stokes. Scores goals etc but bad attitude and a clown. Not good for our dressing room.

I think our dressing room can cope with Stokes and we need goals. It's the one area where Sevco are ahead of us.

Brooster
08-01-2016, 02:24 PM

Haha. Anier or Stokes is a no brainer.

Andy74
08-01-2016, 02:31 PM

With Hughes looking to take him to a third club, that must put to bed some of the stuff about him not being wanted due to being a bad influence?

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2016, 02:35 PM
With Hughes looking to take him to a third club, that must put to bed some of the stuff about him not being wanted due to being a bad influence?

Maybe Stokes loves red wine?

SeanWilson
08-01-2016, 02:50 PM
In the Scottish championship though. Would that be good enough to make their Euro's squad?

In the grand scheme of Scottish football... With Celtic no longer involved in Europe, he has as much chance of making squad playing for us, in my opinion. Can't imagine playing for ICT would give him any advantage over us and he ain't getting a game in Glasgow.... Saying all this, I believe Leeds are interested in him also and money may well dictate.

Stevie Reid
08-01-2016, 03:10 PM

I think that the Republic have shown over the years that playing at a lower level (or not even playing) is not an impediment to featuring for them.

It could also be argued that going from not playing for Celtic, to featuring in a Hibs team that are the main rivals to Rangers for a league title, may raise his profile more than going to Inverness (no disrespect to Falkirk or ICT).

Big L
08-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Theirs no doubt that celtic will be monitoring AS, especially with Deila's jacket being on a shoogly nail. Plus Stokes does not want to leave Celtic.. Stokes coming to us for a few months will give him an opportunity to impress his future manager and get the chance to go back to Celtic, all makes perfect sense to me. As for Cummings, If the price is right Hibs will sell him.

jacomo
08-01-2016, 03:27 PM

Not really. Yogi always reckoned Stokes was worth the hassle. Others disagree.

IMO he would be a big risk for us right now.

J-C
08-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Theirs no doubt that celtic will be monitoring AS, especially with Deila's jacket being on a shoogly nail. Plus Stokes does not want to leave Celtic.. Stokes coming to us for a few months will give him an opportunity to impress his future manager and get the chance to go back to Celtic, all makes perfect sense to me. As for Cummings, If the price is right Hibs will sell him.

JC has no real loyalty to us, we took a punt on a young lad who was rejected by his boyhood heroes, it stuck in throat the way they treated him and he's grateful to us for giving him his chance but he's a determined ambitious lad and he'll be champing at the bit to show what he can do at a higher level, don't be too disappointed if his agent starts to test the waters with other clubs in this window, his stock is fairly high.

B.H.F.C
08-01-2016, 03:46 PM
I think our dressing room can cope with Stokes and we need goals. It's the one area where Sevco are ahead of us.

Yep. If the dressing room is as strong as they say it is one player wouldn't come in and ruin that IMO. The players there would keep him in check.

And we certainly need someone to help Cummings out on a regular basis. He'd easily do that in the championship. That's said, I don't see him signing.

Big L
08-01-2016, 03:52 PM
JC has no real loyalty to us, we took a punt on a young lad who was rejected by his boyhood heroes, it stuck in throat the way they treated him and he's grateful to us for giving him his chance but he's a determined ambitious lad and he'll be champing at the bit to show what he can do at a higher level, don't be too disappointed if his agent starts to test the waters with other clubs in this window, his stock is fairly high.

Who is his agent, does anyone know?

Iggy Pope
08-01-2016, 04:05 PM

I don't. Is it a Hertz ****?

scoopyboy
08-01-2016, 04:09 PM

There's not a snawba's chance in hell will Stokes be anywhere near the ROI Euro squad, IMO of course.

givescotlandfreedom
08-01-2016, 04:09 PM
I'm not sure Stokes has the work rate for this division and his attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

Thecat23
08-01-2016, 04:17 PM

Gerry Carlile is it not?

Gmack7
08-01-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure Stokes has the work rate for this division and his attitude leaves a lot to be desired.
The above has been labeled at Dom for most of his time at hibs. If I had to choose one or the other it's Stokes for me

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Haha. Anier or Stokes is a no brainer.

Maybe so, but with the amount of strikers we have at the club already, bringing another one in is unlikely. No?

Thecat23
08-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Maybe so, but with the amount of strikers we have at the club already, bringing another one in is unlikely. No?

We'll bring in a striker before the window shuts.

Tyler Durden
08-01-2016, 04:45 PM
In the grand scheme of Scottish football... With Celtic no longer involved in Europe, he has as much chance of making squad playing for us, in my opinion. Can't imagine playing for ICT would give him any advantage over us and he ain't getting a game in Glasgow.... Saying all this, I believe Leeds are interested in him also and money may well dictate.

I would imagine Leeds, Rotherham or some team in the lower reaches of the Championship would be his destination.

Can't see his ego accepting a stint at ICT

kaimendhibs
08-01-2016, 04:49 PM

I'm worried bout his attitude

lord bunberry
08-01-2016, 05:03 PM
I'm worried bout his attitude
As am I. When he left I was raging as I couldn't have cared less about his bad attitude, but now I'm worried about it. I'm clearly a hypocrite :greengrin

Hermit Crab
08-01-2016, 05:05 PM

I'd take that!

truehibernian
08-01-2016, 05:11 PM
We'll bring in a striker before the window shuts.

I think it will be Stokes TC - I posted this week about a cryptic text about a Celtic player with recent Hibs connections and I wrongly thought Allan coming back - makes sense it could actually be AS we're looking at. Might depend on Feruz and Anier who knows.

Hermit Crab
08-01-2016, 05:12 PM
I think it will be Stokes TC - I posted this week about a cryptic text about a Celtic player with recent Hibs connections and I wrongly thought Allan coming back - makes sense it could actually be AS we're looking at. Might depend on Feruz and Anier who knows.

We've got the final say on whether Anier goes back to utd or not.

truehibernian
08-01-2016, 05:15 PM
We've got the final say on whether Anier goes back to utd or not.

That's what I mean HC - if we land Stokes we may send Anier back to Mixu - I'd be cartwheeling if we did get Stokes for the run in to be honest.

keep the faith
08-01-2016, 05:15 PM
[/B]

I'd take that!

No. I'm not sure we should make a habit of selling our best players to Celtic for knock down prices by being given a bone of a unwanted or loan player.

Hermit Crab
08-01-2016, 05:16 PM
No. I'm not sure we should make a habit of selling our best players to Celtic for knock down prices by being given a bone of a unwanted or loan player.

750k is hardly a knockdown price. How much do you think Cummings is worth? :confused:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-01-2016, 05:23 PM
Heard we've been told no in the persuit of Stokes on loan. Looks to be on his way to ICT although Leeds and Cardiff are also interested but haven't made contact with Celtic.

keep the faith
08-01-2016, 05:24 PM
750k is hardly a knockdown price. How much do you think Cummings is worth? :confused:

No danger they would pay 750k. It would be likely to be Stokes on loan and an undisclosed fee.

Would prefer to keep Jason or sell him for proper money down south if we had to. I saw him in the independent newspaper this morning labelled as one of the UK's most desired young players in this transfer window. His stock is high outside Scotland now.

keep the faith
08-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Heard we've been told no in the persuit of Stokes on loan. Looks to be on his way to ICT although Leeds and Cardiff are also interested but haven't made contact with Celtic.

Who did you hear that from?

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2016, 05:28 PM
No danger they would pay 750k. It would be likely to be Stokes on loan and an undisclosed fee.

Would prefer to keep Jason or sell him for proper money down south if we had to. I saw him in the independent newspaper this morning labelled as one of the UK's most desired young players in this transfer window. His stock is high outside Scotland now.

Indeed, know Rotherham, Brighton and Wolves have had him looked at, there will be others (Leeds maybe), his stock is high and as AS said, it would need to be a considerable bid to even be discussed........

Col2
08-01-2016, 05:29 PM
Stubbs like all managers will wheel and deal.

Feruz looks like he is going. We have already brought in a striker

Stubbs has option on Anier but might wait until last minute if he thinks he can get Stokes and if he can he would release Anier back to United assuming player ok with this (it's his parent club who want him back so you would expect so)

Cummings being sold might change things with Anier but I would expect some investment (real cash) spent on a replacement

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-01-2016, 05:54 PM
Who did you hear that from?

Celtic supporting pal that has good info. Seemingly didn't fancy coming to us.

Northern Hibby
08-01-2016, 06:14 PM
Just been told stokes is going to ict, done deal apparently.

AlbertK86
08-01-2016, 06:39 PM

Source ?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-01-2016, 06:39 PM

keep the faith
08-01-2016, 06:40 PM
I honestly can't understand why he would want to go to Inverness instead of back to hibs to have a crack at the league and the Rangers.
Strange one. Clearly the yogi factor.

SaulGoodman
08-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Awfy cauld in Inverness.

Long drive anaw

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Awfy cauld in Inverness.

Long drive anaw

The irony of his tweet sitting on bench at recent ICT match, I hope Yogi doesn't bench him:greengrin

stu in nottingham
08-01-2016, 06:52 PM
I'd take him on a loan for the rest of the season because I'm very convinced his goals would fire us to promotion and that's really all that matters to me. It's absolutely crucial.

Signing him permanently is a whole different decision. If there are off-pitch misdemeanours whilst on loan he can go back from whenst he came presumably. A permanent acquisition though - a bit risky (to say the least) on the togetherness of what sounds like an excellent dressing room at Hibs these days. I don't think it's a risk that Stubbs would take but you never know, maybe he thinks he could handle him.

CRAZYHIBBY
08-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Id take him. ..feruz has been a major dissapointment

poolman
08-01-2016, 07:58 PM

Yogi connection probably

jacomo
08-01-2016, 11:10 PM
I'd take him on a loan for the rest of the season because I'm very convinced his goals would fire us to promotion and that's really all that matters to me. It's absolutely crucial.

Signing him permanently is a whole different decision. If there are off-pitch misdemeanours whilst on loan he can go back from whenst he came presumably. A permanent acquisition though - a bit risky (to say the least) on the togetherness of what sounds like an excellent dressing room at Hibs these days. I don't think it's a risk that Stubbs would take but you never know, maybe he thinks he could handle him.

How do you know he's still got it? He's hardly played this season.

truehibernian
08-01-2016, 11:12 PM
How do you know he's still got it? He's hardly played this season.

Are you honestly doubting Anthony Stokes hasn't 'got it' in the Scottish leagues ?? He hardly played before he joined us last time and ripped up the league with Deek !!!

Thecat23
08-01-2016, 11:13 PM

He'd score goals that's for sure mate. I'm still surprised Petrie allowing this (if true) as he wasn't the best guy in the dressing room. But maybe Stubbs can work with him like Allan.

truehibernian
08-01-2016, 11:16 PM
He'd score goals that's for sure mate. I'm still surprised Petrie allowing this (if true) as he wasn't the best guy in the dressing room. But maybe Stubbs can work with him like Allan.

I didn't think Stokes was what he was implying (by text) - I'd take him for the run in - mind, if the squad would accept him I'd take Allan - I'm sure my mate was implying Scott Allan rather than Stokes and he was bang on at each stage of the 'Allan saga'

Thecat23
08-01-2016, 11:19 PM

If Stokes is coming then Stubbs must feel he can work with him. As for him being a bad influence, many always say what proof? Well he was due 2 players who were first team players a lot of money, how do I know? I spoke to them many times back then. Also due few of the young lads cash but no idea who much, could be £20 could be £100 but the 2 I know of were due money into the hundreds.

For the record I think he'd be a risk but maybe a risk that could win us the league!

Thecat23
08-01-2016, 11:21 PM
I didn't think Stokes was what he was implying (by text) - I'd take him for the run in - mind, if the squad would accept him I'd take Allan - I'm sure my mate was implying Scott Allan rather than Stokes and he was bang on at each stage of the 'Allan saga'

I wouldn't touch Allan, his heart just wasn't in it at the end and he burned a few bridges here. Stokes is a huge gamble but as I just posted one that may win us the league.

Hopefully your mate is bang on again. 👍🏼

jacomo
08-01-2016, 11:52 PM
Are you honestly doubting Anthony Stokes hasn't 'got it' in the Scottish leagues ?? He hardly played before he joined us last time and ripped up the league with Deek !!!

He was ballistic with us. I agree.

He scored loads for Falkirk too. And plenty at Celtc. Great player.

Is he still though? He says he wants to play but why can't he get in the team?

truehibernian
08-01-2016, 11:58 PM
He was ballistic with us. I agree.

He scored loads for Falkirk too. And plenty at Celtc. Great player.

Is he still though? He says he wants to play but why can't he get in the team?

Sometimes managers and players clash - even the world class players like Messi, Ronaldinho etc......Commons couldn't get a run in the side under Deila......personally I think the Celtic management team have a screw loose !

I'd take AS for 6 months - he could add to a great team and win us the league !

Halifaxhibby
09-01-2016, 03:48 AM
Guys a bad influence. Doesnt give a shengus about hibs but i heard we will get him. Bad news in my opinion. Billy big time. Even at celtic. The new lad will stay and move to celtic 2017, all part of a 2 year deal. Henderson back to them in the summer and allan back to us if we are still in the chumpionship. Effin hate the tims but money talks and players walk.

Halifaxhibby
09-01-2016, 03:54 AM
Just sign that lad nichols from exeter!!!!, a player!!!, anyone remember the last hibee to score straight fae a corner??? Answers on a postcard!! Lol!! I was there!!

Vault Boy
09-01-2016, 04:29 AM
Just sign that lad nichols from exeter!!!!, a player!!!, anyone remember the last hibee to score straight fae a corner??? Answers on a postcard!! Lol!! I was there!!

Sparky. Though I fear the pure mention of his name on a thread regarding potential transfers may cause bedlam.

ALF TUPPER
09-01-2016, 04:43 AM

I seem to recall Kano doing it? 😎

Northernhibee
09-01-2016, 06:44 AM
Sparky. Though I fear the pure mention of his name on a thread regarding potential transfers may cause bedlam.

:hyper

JimBHibees
09-01-2016, 07:16 AM
[/B]

I'd take that!

Think 750k for Cummings would be poor.

danhibees1875
09-01-2016, 07:16 AM

It wasn't Nicholls who scored from the corner... :confused: he did score the first and play well though. Fast with an eye for goal, lethal combination at any level.

Griffiths and before him was glass v Livi (7-0 game). ,

Allant1981
09-01-2016, 07:52 AM
Think 750k for Cummings would be poor.

I actually think 750k for cummings now is a decent price, he is unproven in the spl so no one knows how he would do against better players every week, he has proven he can score at this level and thats reflective in the price, i think if he was to go for this much or a bit more there would be a few add ons in case he turns out to be the player a lot of people think he can be

Jim44
09-01-2016, 08:36 AM
Collins saying that ICT would be the best move for Stokes. But Celtic's wish that the borrowing team should pay his wages, makes teams like Leeds a better financial fit. I can't see him going to any Scottish team if that's the case.

Hibeesmad
09-01-2016, 08:38 AM
John Collins & Anthony Stokes connection to John Hughes could play a big part in this one

GreenArmyyy!
09-01-2016, 09:16 AM
That's what I mean HC - if we land Stokes we may send Anier back to Mixu - I'd be cartwheeling if we did get Stokes for the run in to be honest.

I heard yesterday that Stubb's is potentially going to allow Anier to go back to D Utd, reckon he must have something up his sleeve.

J-C
09-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Collins saying that ICT would be the best move for Stokes. But Celtic's wish that the borrowing team should pay his wages, makes teams like Leeds a better financial fit. I can't see him going to any Scottish team if that's the case.

Celtic might see the opportunity of Stokes nicking some points off Aberdeen and help their cause.

Siralbertkidd
09-01-2016, 09:27 AM
Guys a bad influence. Doesnt give a shengus about hibs but i heard we will get him. Bad news in my opinion. Billy big time. Even at celtic. The new lad will stay and move to celtic 2017, all part of a 2 year deal. Henderson back to them in the summer and allan back to us if we are still in the chumpionship. Effin hate the tims but money talks and players walk.

Totally agree, not a team player, its all about him.

Remember being at Cup replay away to Ross County (nother year where it looked set up for us to win) where he missed a barrowload of sitters and wouldnt pass to Deek. Spent the whole game arguing with Hughes. Actually surprised Yogi wants him, I certainly dont.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Sounds like square heid is doing his best to loan him to caley

snooky
09-01-2016, 11:21 AM
Totally agree, not a team player, its all about him.

Remember being at Cup replay away to Ross County (nother year where it looked set up for us to win) where he missed a barrowload of sitters and wouldnt pass to Deek. Spent the whole game arguing with Hughes. Actually surprised Yogi wants him, I certainly dont.

Was it not Stokes that Yogi let off for various misdemeanors?
I seem to recall there were rumblings about this when AS played for us.

Frazerbob
09-01-2016, 11:25 AM
Sounds like square heid is doing his best to loan him to caley

"Square heid"? A bit Kickback esq no?

Andy74
09-01-2016, 11:52 AM
Was it not Stokes that Yogi let off for various misdemeanors?
I seem to recall there were rumblings about this when AS played for us.

Whatever it was he used he has managed him well and got the best out of him. It would be the third club he has taken him to so it'd suggest his worth to the team seems to outweigh whatever it is people seem to think he gets up to.

Phil MaGlass
09-01-2016, 03:42 PM
I actually think 750k for cummings now is a decent price, he is unproven in the spl so no one knows how he would do against better players every week, he has proven he can score at this level and thats reflective in the price, i think if he was to go for this much or a bit more there would be a few add ons in case he turns out to be the player a lot of people think he can be

Sorry to disagree 750 is a joke, the top league isnt faroff our league, cummings will be worth a couple of million very soon if not already.

California-Hibs
09-01-2016, 04:14 PM

:agree: Bit of respect could be shown to the last Hibs manager to win us a cup!

jodjam
09-01-2016, 04:18 PM
:agree: Bit of respect could be shown to the last Hibs manager to win us a cup!

Good shout. The term legend gets used too easily but any hibs player/manager that wins an honour for hibs is our legend.

cabbageandribs1875
09-01-2016, 04:23 PM

the poster is crazy

Northern Hibby
09-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Source ?

Somebody on the fringes of caley.

bighairyfaeleith
09-01-2016, 06:55 PM

Agreed, I would say it is more rectangular

09-01-2016, 08:50 PM
Stokes - not for me. Way too much unsavoury baggage in his locker.

Strange that ICT should want him though after how "favourably" he spoke about having to go to Inverness to sit in the stand for a Celtic match. Very childish tweets from Stokes that weekend saw Celtic rightfully disciplining him. Stubbs has worked hard to build a squad that looks to want to work for each other, don't want a bad apple coming in at a critical time of the season and potentially spoiling the good work to date.

Jim44
09-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Stokes - not for me. Way too much unsavoury baggage in his locker.

Strange that ICT should want him though after how "favourably" he spoke about having to go to Inverness to sit in the stand for a Celtic match. Very childish tweets from Stokes that weekend saw Celtic rightfully disciplining him. Stubbs has worked hard to build a squad that looks to want to work for each other, don't want a bad apple coming in at a critical time of the season and potentially spoiling the good work to date.

C'mon Yogi get him signed. He's a huge banana skin for us and you'll be doing us a big favour. Also you're tough enough to deal with his unspecified indiscretions.

bigwheel
09-01-2016, 09:08 PM
I don't see any likelihood of this happening ...also think Dagnall will score a decent return. Looks experienced , was unlucky not to open his account today.

Dashing Bob S
09-01-2016, 09:10 PM
I don't see any likelihood of this happening ...also think Dagnall will score a decent return. Looks experienced , was unlucky not to open his account today.

It won't happen, but that won't stop this thread expanding. We have an obsession with bringing former players back.

Edson Arantes
09-01-2016, 09:17 PM
Let's be honest guys, Cummings has NOT had the flu all week.

It's the transfer window month and he knows and we know, he's away before February.

Stokes would be a very short term and very expensive replacement.

Don't do it Alan.

We won today without him anyway :flag::flag:

bigwheel
09-01-2016, 09:18 PM
It won't happen, but that won't stop this thread expanding. We have an obsession with bringing former players back.

I was just thinking that when I saw the Whittaker thread too ...is there any other set of fans who want their previous players to come back as much as we do ? It's mad ...

Edson Arantes
09-01-2016, 09:22 PM
I was just thinking that when I saw the Whittaker thread too ...is there any other set of fans who want their previous players to come back as much as we do ? It's mad ...

Absolutely correct.

Whittaker and (especially) Deeks are finished.

Lets move on.

greenlex
09-01-2016, 09:23 PM

It's the transfer window month and he knows and we know, he's away before February.

Don't do it Alan.

We won today without him anyway :flag::flag:hes not away fir certain. By not cup tying him tho we have increased his value to a Scottish Club if they want to bid.

CropleyWasGod
09-01-2016, 09:24 PM
Absolutely correct.

Lets move on.

That's the Steven Whittaker who's still playing regularly in the EPL, yeah?

Gmack7
09-01-2016, 09:26 PM
Absolutely correct.

Lets move on.
so jasons away and whittys finished:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hibiza
09-01-2016, 09:44 PM
Welcome Stokes with open arms.

monkeyboy1875
09-01-2016, 09:49 PM
Absolutely correct.

Lets move on.

Whittaker finished??? Absolute nonsense.

hhibs
09-01-2016, 09:55 PM
hes not away fir certain. By not cup tying him tho we have increased his value to a Scottish Club if they want to bid.

There is only one Scottish club that could afford him for goodness sake and I for one would be very peed off if this has been "arranged" by Hibs.

We really would be going back to the bad old days of Petrie at his worst,and no, a loan of Stokes would not make it any better.

JJP
09-01-2016, 10:08 PM
JC is a promising talent and he is improving all the time but surely he is not ready for a big money move yet. I'd be shocked if he is leaving so soon, especially to a team such as Celtic. It frustrates me how it is always our players who come in for this kind of attention in the press. Why, for example, is Sam Nicholson not being linked with a move out of Gorgie?

CallumLaidlaw
09-01-2016, 10:23 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/09/56ddf168fac89925eec07de8d5296cdb.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/09/763edf37beae235b4bfb669f321aa85d.jpg

Paisley Hibby
09-01-2016, 10:23 PM
We'd be NUTS to sign Stokes. He's just not worth the money it'd take nor the problems he'd bring.

Sir David Gray
09-01-2016, 10:25 PM

No deal.

JJP
09-01-2016, 10:26 PM
I think we would be nuts not to sign Stokes if the chance is there and if he would prefer to come here, as reported. Promotion this season is vital and Stokes knows where the back of the net is. It's not like we are presently scoring a hell of a lot of goals. Although I don't think I would be too keen on a move that would see JC going the other way.

hhibs
09-01-2016, 10:27 PM
No deal.

Too true!

CallumLaidlaw
09-01-2016, 10:37 PM
If stokes signed for us he'd be the best striker on our books. If he was determined to make the ROI squad, that would only work in our favour. If Stubbs trusted him to come in and work with the squad, then I would too

Andy74
09-01-2016, 11:06 PM
We'd be NUTS to sign Stokes. He's just not worth the money it'd take nor the problems he'd bring.

Though someone who has actually managed him a couple of times now disagrees?

CallumLaidlaw
09-01-2016, 11:11 PM
Though someone who has actually managed him a couple of times now disagrees?

[emoji106]
94 goals in his 191 games in top level Scottish football, and still only 27. It's a yes from me.

silverhibee
09-01-2016, 11:32 PM

Don't do it Alan.

Why has he not trained this week then. ?

silverhibee
09-01-2016, 11:33 PM
Absolutely correct.

Lets move on.

:hmmm:

Spike Mandela
09-01-2016, 11:38 PM
Stokes might be the solution for changing nervy 1 nil wins into comfortable 3 or 4 nil wins.

mentalhibee
09-01-2016, 11:48 PM
Would be a great signing, quality player. Could help us clinch promotion, get him signed Stubbsy!

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2016, 12:37 AM
Stokes would be the best forward we have at the club should he sign, wouldn't care if he borrowed £100k from HSL and never paid it back if it got us up, and maybe won us a cup or two. :greengrin

truehibernian
10-01-2016, 01:06 AM
Stokes would be the best forward we have at the club should he sign, wouldn't care if he borrowed £100k from HSL and never paid it back if it got us up, and maybe won us a cup or two. :greengrin

Plus if he went to Caley he'd wear red, white and blue - he'd find that hard !

KWJ
10-01-2016, 03:42 AM
Is the bigger thing here not his IRA connected past? Too much baggage for potential gain in my book.

brog
10-01-2016, 04:35 AM

Don't do it Alan.

I hate jumping on people on this board but hopefully you'd had a drink when posting this!

bingo70
10-01-2016, 06:42 AM
Does my head in that so many people are so judgemental about a person that they've probably never met.

That was a long time ago he was at hibs and nobody knows what effort he's made as a person since then, if every mistake I made as a 21 year old was in the public domain I dread to think what folk would be saying about me, most of us will have been ********s to some extent at that age.

I realise he's also fallen out with delia recently but he's not exactly the only person to do that.

I just want us to get promoted, Stokes would score the goals that would help us do that, that's literally all I care about.

Www1875hfc
10-01-2016, 06:56 AM
Looking forward to seeing Stokes back in a Hibs Jersey. :wink:
He could well be the difference in getting us out this division.

staunchhibby
10-01-2016, 07:24 AM
Signing Stokes would hopefuly give us a good plethora of goal scorers and would hopefuly improve our goal scoring in case thay counts at the end of the season.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-01-2016, 07:46 AM
Signing Stokes would hopefuly give us a good plethora of goal scorers and would hopefuly improve our goal scoring in case thay counts at the end of the season.

Well said.

He may not be the most popular character but he certainly knows where the goal is.

He would be a massive asset at the business end of the season

Ozyhibby
10-01-2016, 08:29 AM
It's not just the goals Stokes brings, he is also very creative and gets a lot of assists. If we can get him then we need to make it happen.

Betty Boop
10-01-2016, 08:41 AM
I thought according to some on here, Stokes had alleged gambling issues and was borrowing money from younger players, that he failed to pay back ?

bingo70
10-01-2016, 08:44 AM
I thought according to some on here, Stokes had alleged gambling issues and was borrowing money from younger players, that he failed to pay back ?

Even if that was true it was a long time ago, are we really holding someone's behaviour when they were about 21 against them?

The Harp Awakes
10-01-2016, 08:56 AM
Would be a brilliant signing. Our chances of winning the league and a cup would increase. Great that a player of his ability would turn down top flight clubs to sign for us (if it happens).

CallumLaidlaw
10-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Looking forward to seeing Stokes back in a Hibs Jersey. :wink:
He could well be the difference in getting us out this division.

Is it a possibility then Willie?

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-01-2016, 10:58 AM
I had originally said no based on the fact he's a bit of a trumpet. I'm now fully in the 'get him in' camp. Would score for fun in this league.

Mr White
10-01-2016, 11:02 AM
I had originally said no based on the fact he's a bit of a trumpet. I'm now fully in the 'get him in' camp. Would score for fun in this league.

Pretty much where i am too. Stubbs won't suffer any nonsense from him and he'd bang them in against the teams we're up against.

Just Alf
10-01-2016, 11:07 AM

Pretty much where i am too. Stubbs won't suffer any nonsense from him and he'd bang them in against the teams we're up against.

THIS!

Also, re Jase..... the poster is quite correct in saying he's not had flu all week..... Just most of it! and is still not 100% ( info was from close family member)

scoopyboy
10-01-2016, 11:35 AM

Yep, and I'm one of them.

100% true.

If AS is happy however to go with it he obviously has the backing of the club and that's good enough for me.

I think Stokes would score plenty.

Spike Mandela
10-01-2016, 11:46 AM

100% true.

If AS is happy however to go with it he obviously has the backing of the club and that's good enough for me.

Stokes is the sort of guy you would want whispering in Cummings ear about striking play but maybe not career and lifestyle advice,:cb

Thecat23
10-01-2016, 11:55 AM

Because it's true.

Edson Arantes
10-01-2016, 12:03 PM
I hate jumping on people on this board but hopefully you'd had a drink when posting this!

Two things:

I genuinely didn't know Jason had not trained all week. :no way:

And, I had imbibed slightly when posting! :party:

Perhaps a couple of "over the top" statements from yours truly!

Sobriety is my middle name today. :agree:

BH Hibs
10-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Guy on the radio just stated he believes Hibs would be Stokes preferred choice and played an interview with Yogi saying Stokes isn't returning his calls.

Spike Mandela
10-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Inside The SPFL (@AgentScotland)
10/01/2016 13:15
Cardiff City have made a loan offer for Anthony Stokes

Jack Hackett
10-01-2016, 12:28 PM
22 goals in the 40 games he played for us...in the SPL...in a team on the decline. He may very well have caused problems in the dressing room, but that was then and this is now. If the alleged transgressions are true, then a simple 'Don't lend the guy any money' warning to the present squad would sort that particular worry.

We want and need him to come and score goals for us in a league he'd canter, not to invite him home to meet the folks.

Just Alf
10-01-2016, 12:29 PM
Two things:

And, I had imbibed slightly when posting! [emoji14]arty:

We've ALL been there matey :D

Big_Franck
10-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Guy on the radio just stated he believes Hibs would be Stokes preferred choice and played an interview with Yogi saying Stokes isn't returning his calls.

Good news. Stokes could be the difference between us going up or not. Another poster said, maybe tongue in cheek, that Stokes wouldn't want to play in red, white and blue at ICT. Reading what his family is like I don't have any trouble believing that, as ridiculous as it may sound to some. It obviously won't be the most important factor but it certainly won't help ICT.

Betty Boop
10-01-2016, 01:29 PM

100% true.

If anything his attitude has not improved by all accounts. So that would be a no for me.

Gmack7
10-01-2016, 02:17 PM
He's not on the bench today so he'll be able to help us do the treble

DH1875
10-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Inside The SPFL (@AgentScotland)
10/01/2016 13:15
Cardiff City have made a loan offer for Anthony Stokes

That'll be that then.

CmoantheHibs
10-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Have a feeling based on no knowledge whatsoever that he will end up at cardiff

SouthMoroccoStu
10-01-2016, 02:23 PM
That'll be that then.

lol good one

Agent Scotland is terrible for football rumours

Aldo
10-01-2016, 02:25 PM

Will remain open minded!

Never say never!!

brog
10-01-2016, 02:33 PM
Two things:

No sweat, I recognised the symptoms! :wink:

SaulGoodman
10-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Cardiff is even further away for Stokesey than Inverness

J-C
10-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Hibs Retro on FB just posted a pick of Stokes after he scored a goal last time he was here. :greengrin

Jack Hackett
10-01-2016, 04:25 PM
Because I want more of this :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNuRLfzeChA

lumbo_hfc
10-01-2016, 04:36 PM
Mcbookie had stokes at 20/1 to sign for us last night... Now 6/4!!

Aldo
10-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Because I want more of this :greengrin YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNuRLfzeChA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNuRLfzeChA) And some of this. The goal against Der Hun at 38 seconds the pick for me although calmness personified with some very good quality finishes.

http://youtu.be/cxQR_dd7vCI

Jack Hackett
10-01-2016, 05:33 PM
And some of this. The goal against Der Hun at 38 seconds the pick for me although calmness personified with some very good quality finishes.

http://youtu.be/cxQR_dd7vCI

Possibly the finest he scored for us. I remember going mental in celebration :greengrin

Aldo
10-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Possibly the finest he scored for us. I remember going mental in celebration :greengrin

It was an outstanding goal. His other in the clip show composure in front of goal.

Would defo add a bit more quality in final 3rd.... My opinion mind.

Not going to get carried away however if Stubbs manages to pull this off then this could just be the signing that wins us promotion!

greenlex
10-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Two things:

Pele on this piss.

eastmainsmsh
10-01-2016, 06:13 PM
Stokes in the right frame of mind would be a great signing for us

nellio
10-01-2016, 06:15 PM

Im a Cardiff fan, fans aren't happy about stokes, doesn't give us anything that we don't already have. Cardiff not a great place to play at the moment so I'd say that there's a chance he could stay in Scotland.

FromTheCapital
10-01-2016, 06:23 PM
Bookies have cut him from 20/1 to 6/4 to join us apparently?

Springbank
10-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Good news. Stokes could be the difference between us going up or not. Another poster said, maybe tongue in cheek, that Stokes wouldn't want to play in red, white and blue at ICT. Reading what his family is like I don't have any trouble believing that, as ridiculous as it may sound to some. It obviously won't be the most important factor but it certainly won't help ICT.

I wouldn't sign for Arbroath

I would sign for Montrose so I could beat some maroon bxxxaxxs in a Derby

That's rivalry

Lago
10-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Stokes comes, Jason goes, I wonder?

Gmack7
10-01-2016, 06:50 PM
Stokes comes, Jason goes, I wonder?

I don't think anybody wants this scenario but I do think this is what may pan out,
Celtic have Cole cifti and Griffiths (anyone else apart from Stokes?) they need more strikers IMO.
How long does Stokes have left on his contract?

Edit I realise you might not be suggesting he's away to Celtic

The Sundance Kid
10-01-2016, 06:52 PM
I don't think anybody wants this scenario but I do think this is what may pan out,
Celtic have Cole cifti and Griffiths (anyone else apart from Stokes?) they need more strikers IMO.
How long does Stokes have left on his contract?

His contract at Celtic runs to the end of next season

Baldy Foghorn
Wolves were monitoring JC, they now have £10m to play with..........:hmmm::hmmm:

portycabbage

I remember hearing people going mental in celebration from outside the ground as I was arriving. :grr:

At least I saw the rest of the game... :grr:

:greengrin

ancient hibee
10-01-2016, 06:53 PM

Wasn't that Brebner?

Jim44
10-01-2016, 06:53 PM
Bookies have cut him from 20/1 to 6/4 to join us apparently?

20/1 to 6/4, now that's nice price jump to entice punters to slap on a few quid. For that huge drop in odds you would expect it to be a done deal certainty. If it was a done deal certainty, they wouldn't be offering odds. Mind you I'm I'm no authority on gambling, just naturally suspicious. :~]

Gmack7
10-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Wolves were monitoring JC, they now have £10 to play with..........:hmmm::hmmm:

That should be enough if they give us matt Doherty aswell

Michael
10-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Wolves were monitoring JC, they now have £10 to play with..........:hmmm::hmmm:

Did they match 3 numbers in the lottery?

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2016, 06:58 PM
Did they match 3 numbers in the lottery?

£25 for 3 numbers now:greengrin

SaulGoodman
10-01-2016, 06:59 PM
What about Stokes coming in but Cummings away in the summer?

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2016, 07:00 PM
That should be enough if they give us matt Doherty aswell

Never want to hear his name again, never mind see him:fuming:

Billychaotic182
10-01-2016, 07:12 PM
It's been that long since I've seen stokes play. Can't remember what type of player he was. Always remembered him as a bit of a fox in the box style poucher, but seems to play more as a winger for Celtic. Is this going to be similar to the second coming of Riordan

silverhibee
10-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Wolves were monitoring JC, they now have £10m to play with..........:hmmm::hmmm:

:hmmm:

Ozyhibby
10-01-2016, 07:55 PM
It's been that long since I've seen stokes play. Can't remember what type of player he was. Always remembered him as a bit of a fox in the box style poucher, but seems to play more as a winger for Celtic. Is this going to be similar to the second coming of Riordan

I don't remember him as a poacher even at Hibs but his game has changed a bit over the years and he does contribute more assists these days.

Aldo
10-01-2016, 07:56 PM
I don't remember him as a poacher even at Hibs but his game has changed a bit over the years and he does contribute more assists these days. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the clip I posted earlier he had a bit of everything.

Loads of ability and plenty of composure on the ball.

Killiehibbie
10-01-2016, 07:57 PM
20/1 to 6/4, now that's nice price jump to entice punters to slap on a few quid. For that huge drop in odds you would expect it to be a done deal certainty. If it was a done deal certainty, they wouldn't be offering odds. Mind you I'm I'm no authority on gambling, just naturally suspicious. :~]In these markets if they offer odds against it's far from a done deal. 6/4 probably means about a 5/1 real chance they like to err on the side of caution.

Sergey
10-01-2016, 08:13 PM
I haven't read the whole of this thread so I apologise if this has already been mentioned, but Stokes is due in court in Dublin on the 20th of January for the assault on the Elvis lookalike. If found guilty, he good actually serve time.

I'd be amazed if any club moved for him prior to his hearing.

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2016, 08:16 PM
I haven't read the whole of this thread so I apologise if this has already been mentioned, but Stokes is due in court in Dublin on the 20th of January for the assault on the Elvis lookalike. If found guilty, he good actually serve time.

Most clubs would have suspicious minds about signing him..............

Waxy
10-01-2016, 08:18 PM

I'd be amazed if any club moved for him prior to his hearing.Sounds like he was caught in a trap.

Sergey
10-01-2016, 08:20 PM

Sounds like he was caught in a trap.

Jailhouse Rock beckons!

Jack Hackett
10-01-2016, 08:20 PM

Hmm!...Wouldn't want to get caught in a trap .....

Jack Hackett
10-01-2016, 08:22 PM

:grr:

Bostonhibby
10-01-2016, 08:28 PM

Jailhouse Rock beckons!

He'll hope to be Lonesome Tonight if it does.

He's nothing but a hound dog, not Hibs class. If he'd walk 500 Miles he'd easily make Cardiff.

Hibiza
10-01-2016, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=Sergey;4542555]I haven't read the whole of this thread so I apologise if this has already been mentioned, but Stokes is due in court in Dublin on the 20th of January for the assault on the Elvis lookalike. If found guilty, he good actually serve time.

I'd be amazedwas if any club moved for hihttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brin_Griffinm prior to his hearing.[ was Anthony wearing Elvis gear and singing

macca70
10-01-2016, 08:30 PM

If we only take him on loan and it doesn't work out we can always 'Return to Sender' 😂

Lago
10-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Guys, Guys we did all the Elvis jokes with poor Gary O.:greengrin

West hamBERNIAN
10-01-2016, 08:31 PM

maybe a replacement for eckersley. 🎉

Jim44
10-01-2016, 08:32 PM

Only a wooden heart would stop a bit of pun fun.

Bostonhibby
10-01-2016, 08:35 PM
maybe a replacement for eckersley. 

Making his debut on The Twelfth of Never?

Bostonhibby
10-01-2016, 08:38 PM

So you are asking for a Little less conversation on this one?

Jonnyboy
10-01-2016, 08:41 PM
You may all laugh but the boy that was assaulted was so upset he disappeared. After an exhaustive search he was found crying in the chapel.

Titch
10-01-2016, 08:50 PM
20/1 to 6/4, now that's nice price jump to entice punters to slap on a few quid. For that huge drop in odds you would expect it to be a done deal certainty. If it was a done deal certainty, they wouldn't be offering odds. Mind you I'm I'm no authority on gambling, just naturally suspicious. :~]

1/3 on bet victor

HibbyAndy
10-01-2016, 09:10 PM
1/3 on bet victor

No danger

erin go bragh
10-01-2016, 09:13 PM
1/3 on bet victor

Steve Clarke was 1/4 on , to be our next manager before Calderwood was appointment .

GGTTH

Jim44
10-01-2016, 09:27 PM
Steve Clarke was 1/4 on , to be our next manager before Calderwood was appointment .

GGTTH

Warburton was odds on with the bookies to move back south, when there wasn't even the remotest chance of that ever happening.

Shrekko
10-01-2016, 09:31 PM
I don't think anyone has said it means anything- just that he's 1/3 at betvictor. Which he is.

HibbyAndy
10-01-2016, 09:38 PM
I don't think anyone has said it means anything- just that he's 1/3 at betvictor. Which he is.

Anthony Stokes is 1/3 on to be a hibs player ? Any chance you can screen shot it ?

greenlex
10-01-2016, 09:45 PM
Anthony Stokes is 1/3 on to be a hibs player ? Any chance you can screen shot it ?

Maybe Stokes has put a wedge on it?😂😂

HibbyAndy
10-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Maybe Stokes has put a wedge on it?

No danger he is 1/3 on

Jim44
10-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Maybe Stokes has put a wedge on it?

Well I hope he didn't borrow the cash from his young team-mates.

Hibiza
10-01-2016, 09:50 PM
You may all laugh but the boy that was assaulted was so upset he disappeared. After an exhaustive search he was found crying in the chapel.

Elvis said that. He's 66/1 .

SausageSurprise
10-01-2016, 09:51 PM
No danger he is 1/3 on

Possibly is. If a few of us all stick £5 on the odds will get shorter and shorter. Bookies are like airline websites, the more people show interest in a route, in this case a bet, the higher the price of the flight, in this case the shorter the odds of the bet

Doesn't mean to say there is anything remotely in the transfer rumour

micksoo
10-01-2016, 09:58 PM
No danger he is 1/3 on

Just looked at McBookie he is 1/3 with them to join Hibs

Shrekko
10-01-2016, 10:00 PM

https://www.betvictor.mobi/?btagid=#/sports/3/meetings/58041110/events/663835900

That's the link - don't know how to get screenshot up!

HibbyAndy
10-01-2016, 10:04 PM
Just looked at McBookie he is 1/3 with them to join Hibs

https://www.betvictor.mobi/?btagid=#/sports/3/meetings/58041110/events/663835900

That's the link - don't know how to get screenshot up!

Cheers guys :aok:

Looks like he is oan the way then eh :greengrin

Thecat23
10-01-2016, 10:33 PM
All that means is folk have jumped on the big price that he was so bookies shortened them.

For the record I think he'll be back myself. Never had cash on it though 😩

Boydyhfc
10-01-2016, 10:41 PM
All that means is folk have jumped on the big price that he was so bookies shortened them.

For the record I think he'll be back myself. Never had cash on it though 

You think there's mileage in this TC?

Thecat23
10-01-2016, 11:02 PM
You think there's mileage in this TC?

Yep, defo something in this and can see Stokes coming back. When I first heard it weeks ago I didn't think we would get him but seems we are indeed in for him and he's keen. I honestly think Stubbs could be the pull if it happens.

Boydyhfc
10-01-2016, 11:11 PM
Yep, defo something in this and can see Stokes coming back. When I first heard it weeks ago I didn't think we would get him but seems we are indeed in for him and he's keen. I honestly think Stubbs could be the pull if it happens.

Cheers. I hope it does happen. I reckon not enough goals could be our undoing this season. He can certainly weigh in with goals.

Forza Fred
10-01-2016, 11:23 PM
Cheers. I hope it does happen. I reckon not enough goals could be our undoing this season. He can certainly weigh in with goals.

This.

I have my reservations about such an alleged disruptive dressing room influence returning to the club, but he could well be somebody who, short term at least, does us much more good than harm,

His goals could be decisive in our promotion push.

hfc rd
10-01-2016, 11:39 PM
Would definitely welcome Stokes back at Hibs

Dunbar Hibee
10-01-2016, 11:46 PM
Would definitely welcome Stokes back at Hibs

I really don't want the **** back. Our dressing room has never been better spirit wise and I just can't see him not being an issue. Obviously I trust Stubbsy's judgement but I have a bad feeling about this.

Vault Boy
10-01-2016, 11:47 PM
Would be very happy to see one of the best strikers in the SPL play for us, especially considering we are facing Championship opposition every week (apart from the cups). Would improve our attacking threat considerably.

GreenLake
11-01-2016, 12:32 AM
I'll be stoked if he signs

SteveHFC
11-01-2016, 12:55 AM
ANTHONY STOKES looks set to push for a move to Hibs.SunSport revealed last month that Easter Road boss Alan Stubbs wanted to sign the out-of-favour Hoops hitman on a loan deal until the end of the season.
And we now understand Stokes is prepared to make the switch to the promotion-chasing Championship outfit.

Inverness Caley Thistle are also in the hunt for the 27-year-old along with Dundee United.Caley Jags boss John Hughes was the man to bring Stokes to Scotland when he was in charge of Falkirk.
And Yogi has already offered the striker the opportunity to resurrect his career in the Highlands.

But Stokes is understood to be excited by the prospect of working with Hibees gaffer Stubbs for the next four months.
Liam Henderson is already on loan at Hibs from Celtic and has been singing Stubbs’ praises along with Dylan McGeouch who made the move last summer.
Informal talks between the clubs have taken place with Stokes likely to make a final decision this week.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/celtic/6851953/Hibs-favourites-to-grab-Anthony-Stokes.html

bingo70
11-01-2016, 06:28 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/celtic/6851953/Hibs-favourites-to-grab-Anthony-Stokes.html

So Now we've got ex team mates encouraging him to sign, theres a manager trying to buy him for a third different club and he got a new deal at Celtic since joining them but some folk on here who've never met the guy know more than these people and don't want us to sign him as he's trouble?

SausageSurprise
11-01-2016, 06:38 AM

The first line in your link seems to suggest he's going full circle seen as how he done the exact same thing fiive and a half years ago when he couldn't get out of Easter Road quick enough

spike220
11-01-2016, 07:14 AM
Would love to see Stokes back at Hibs!!! Was gutted when he went, he would tear up the Championship and give us some real needle up front!

-------Cummings------------Stokes------------

------------------Malonga----------------------

-----McGinn--------Dylan---------Henderson----

--Stevenson----Hanlon----Gunnarasson----Grey--

---------------------Oxley-----------------------

Bench: Boyle as impact with keatings and Fontaine and Bartley

IMHO it would allow us to use Malonga and Dylan more effectively

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2016, 07:16 AM
So Now we've got ex team mates encouraging him to sign, theres a manager trying to buy him for a third different club and he got a new deal at Celtic since joining them but some folk on here who've never met the guy know more than these people and don't want us to sign him as he's trouble?

The rumours spread so successfully about the gambling and disruption of the dressing room when he left that a lot of folk can't see past it.

I thought at the time it was leaked to keep us "happy" and keep everyone quiet due us only getting £700k or so.

Titch
11-01-2016, 07:19 AM
No danger he is 1/3 on

Why would I say he's 1/3 if he's not?

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-01-2016, 07:30 AM
Stokes knows how to put a free kick in the back of the net too, would be a very handy signing.

GreenArmyyy!
11-01-2016, 07:34 AM
Would love to see Stokes back at Hibs!!! Was gutted when he went, he would tear up the Championship and give us some real needle up front!

-------Cummings------------Stokes------------

------------------Malonga----------------------

-----McGinn--------Dylan---------Henderson----

--Stevenson----Hanlon----Gunnarasson----Grey--

---------------------Oxley-----------------------

Bench: Boyle as impact with keatings and Fontaine and Bartley

IMHO it would allow us to use Malonga and Dylan more effectively

What evidence would support you leaving Fontaine and McGregor out of the team for Gunnarsson?

CorrieHibs
11-01-2016, 07:41 AM
Not seen on this on another thread. So thought I would ask. Has anyone else heard about Cummings going to Derby? Maybe that's why we're getting stokes in? Would hate to lose Cummings though. Think it's too soon for a big move. Another season or 2.

Bostonhibby
11-01-2016, 07:53 AM
Not seen on this on another thread. So thought I would ask. Has anyone else heard about Cummings going to Derby? Maybe that's why we're getting stokes in? Would hate to lose Cummings though. Think it's too soon for a big move. Another season or 2.
Their manager has been on local TV saying they have already done all their January transfer business

Greenworld
11-01-2016, 08:11 AM
What evidence would support you leaving Fontaine and McGregor out of the team for Gunnarsson?
Correct ludicrous back line MGregor and fountaine would be strongest middle two and im being very unkind to Paul who has a good season

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

spike220
11-01-2016, 08:14 AM

None, it is the Hibs net way, we sign someone new and stick them in our make believe team.....But I wanna see his long throw :greengrin

TamHibs
11-01-2016, 08:18 AM
None, it is the Hibs net way, we sign someone new and stick them in our make believe team.....But I wanna see his long throw :greengrin

I can assure you it's a long one :greengrin

Stevie Reid
11-01-2016, 08:45 AM

This thread is conclusive proof that some people will just moan about any signing. It now seems to be likely that we're going to get hold of a 27 year old striker - who was brilliant for us first time round and probably a better all round player now - who has played in the Champions League, and has scored 122 goals in 241 starts in his career.

Yet people are categorically stating that they do not want him? It will be one of the most astonishing bits of business we have ever pulled off if we get this deal done, and he could well be the difference between us winning the league and settling for a play off place.

hibbypostie
11-01-2016, 08:46 AM

can he even play central defence thought he was a full back

JimBHibees
11-01-2016, 08:49 AM
Their manager has been on local TV saying they have already done all their January transfer business

Managers to tend to say things like that IMO to try and play the game that a potential signing may not be as important as the selling club might think they are. Derby will be wanting to go up this season so would be majorly surprised if they dont push the boat out this window.