PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Stokes

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Golden Bear
14-01-2016, 09:10 AM
I feel the only folk leading us up the garden path are those saying it's a "done deal". If he was my player and I was planning to sell him I'd want to have him playing on loan at the highest level possible to boost his eventual sale value. He might still come to us but only if Celtic give in to "player power" and so far they show no signs of doing so.

There's absolutely no place for a sensible post like this on Hibs Net.

Get a grip man!

:grr:

:greengrin

matty_f
14-01-2016, 09:10 AM
But but, the Facebook pages are saying its a done deal............:rolleyes:

Quite a few on here said it was a done deal too, no point getting precious about Facebook groups.

SeanWilson
14-01-2016, 09:13 AM
SSN breaking - Dundee UTD have just put in a loan request with Celtic... Mixu f'n us over, over Anier :greengrin

Forza Fred
14-01-2016, 09:15 AM
There is obviously something blocking his move to Hibs, which suggests after the delay so far, he won't becoming.

After all, it appears he wants to come, we want home to come, but still, after days media exposure he hasn't joined us.

Methinks the rabbit may jump out another manager's hat somewhere else, and I wonder if Collins may be feeding Delia with stories.

SeanWilson
14-01-2016, 09:17 AM
There is obviously something blocking his move to Hibs, which suggests after the delay so far, he won't becoming.

After all, it appears he wants to come, we want home to come, but still, after days media exposure he hasn't joined us.

Methinks the rabbit may jump out another manager's hat somewhere else, and I wonder if Collins may be feeding Delia with stories.

Celtic have a greed a deal with Dundee UTD but Mixu doesnt think they player will go to them.... i think Stokes is clearly stating he wants to go somewhere... hopefully us.

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 09:22 AM

Wages?? :confused:

Brightside
14-01-2016, 09:22 AM

No its Hibs ensuring the get the best deal for Hibs.

Vault Boy
14-01-2016, 09:24 AM
Celtic have a greed a deal with Dundee UTD but Mixu doesnt think they player will go to them.... i think Stokes is clearly stating he wants to go somewhere... hopefully us.

I see it the same way. Unfortunately in the case of a loan, I think celtic hold most of the cards here. If they really don't want him coming to Hibs, refusing to go elsewhere would be self-destructive on the player's part and keeping a very useful striker in the squad would hardly be a great tragedy for the club.

CallumLaidlaw
14-01-2016, 09:25 AM
No its Hibs ensuring the get the best deal for Hibs.

You think it will stil happen?

Brightside
14-01-2016, 09:31 AM
You think it will stil happen?

Well Utd have offered to pay more of the wages that Hibs have. The player has made it clear he wants to go to Hibs. Celtic & Hibs need to meet some way in the middle. Im sure the Boss knows what she is doing. We cannot just agree to what Celtic want. We have wage structures in place for a reason.

SeanWilson
14-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Well Utd have offered to pay more of the wages that Hibs have. The player has made it clear he wants to go to Hibs. Celtic & Hibs need to meet some way in the middle. Im sure the Boss knows what she is doing. We cannot just agree to what Celtic want. We have wage structures in place for a reason.

Cant be much in it given the common knowledge that Thompson is tighter than Rod himself :greengrin

GreenArmyyy!
14-01-2016, 09:34 AM

I understand our revenue stream is down due to being in the Championship but considering Dundee Utd are facing almost certain relegation I am quite disappointed they are able to pay a higher proportion of his wages than us. This is now more down to Stokes desire to play for us IMO. If he really wants to come to us it will happen. Only time will tell.

Jonnyboy
14-01-2016, 09:35 AM

Re JC, I made the same point earlier in this thread, F. It wouldn't surprise me if he's having a part to play in this.

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-01-2016, 09:37 AM

Can we use the money we are spending on Anier (if any) to supplement Stokes deal?

SunshineOnLeith
14-01-2016, 09:38 AM
I understand our revenue stream is down due to being in the Championship but considering Dundee Utd are facing almost certain relegation I am quite disappointed they are able to pay a higher proportion of his wages than us. This is now more down to Stokes desire to play for us IMO. If he really wants to come to us it will happen. Only time will tell.

Suspect it's more that Dundee Utd's need is greater, so they're willing to pay more. We already have Cummings scoring regularly, they have nobody so are prepared to push the boat out to try and save themselves.

Brightside
14-01-2016, 09:39 AM

I would imagine Utd are in a slightly more desperate situation and are less worried about Wage structures etc. Would be a last roll of the dice for them.

brog
14-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Que sera, sera! Oscar winning song from which movie? Most appropriate for many recent posts on this thread! Apologies for being totally off track but I'm a tad bored with the Stokesy deal or no deal game.

SeanWilson
14-01-2016, 09:47 AM
Hibernian retro (facebook) now claiming the 33M lottery winners are paying stokes wages for Dundee UTD lol! Also 6 clubs have agred a deal in principle for Stokes and its down to the player... reeks a' pish.

Greencore
14-01-2016, 09:47 AM
Will he won't he? Would like to see shaw given a chance too

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 09:49 AM
Hibernian retro (facebook) now claiming the 33M lottery winners are paying stokes wages for Dundee UTD lol! Also 6 clubs have agred a deal in principle for Stokes and its down to the player... reeks a' pish.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcQRej7DuTAdH5MpDyO_j3jsg7jkDnB I0_t4adcN-lOYMJjxk2lg

:tee hee:

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Will he won't he? Would like to see shaw given a chance too

Too risky with so much at stake.

GreenArmyyy!
14-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Anthony Stokes Update

It has emerged this morning that Dundee Untd have agreed to Celtic’s terms and conditions for the loan move of Anthony Stokes. Dundee Untd's chances of landing Stokes has been significantly boosted by Scottish lottery winner David Martin who has been in contact with the club after winning £33 million, offering investment for the club which includes paying Anthony’s wages for the duration of the loan spell.

Celtic have now accepted 6 loan offers for Anthony Stokes - Inverness C.T, Hibernian FC, Dundee Utd and three English Championship clubs. The final decision on where Anthony will go on loan until the end of the season will be decided by the player.

We will update you as and when we have more information.

GGTTH

Lifted that from Hibs Retro on Facebook.

SeanWilson
14-01-2016, 09:52 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcQRej7DuTAdH5MpDyO_j3jsg7jkDnB I0_t4adcN-lOYMJjxk2lg

:tee hee:

:greengrin thing is, someone has sat and come up with 4 paragraphs on that and posted on social media... WTF!? LOL

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Anthony Stokes Update

It has emerged this morning that Dundee Untd have agreed to Celtic’s terms and conditions for the loan move of Anthony Stokes. Dundee Untd's chances of landing Stokes has been significantly boosted by Scottish lottery winner David Martin who has been in contact with the club after winning £33 million, offering investment for the club which includes paying Anthony’s wages for the duration of the loan spell.

Celtic have now accepted 6 loan offers for Anthony Stokes - Inverness C.T, Hibernian FC, Dundee Utd and three English Championship clubs. The final decision on where Anthony will go on loan until the end of the season will be decided by the player.

GGTTH

Lifted that from Hibs Retro on Facebook.

See post 771.....

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 09:54 AM
:greengrin thing is, someone has sat and come up with 4 paragraphs on that and posted on social media... WTF!? LOL

Intended to get the page likes. Roaster!!!

SunshineOnLeith
14-01-2016, 09:57 AM
I'm sure it's true. After all, they don't let just anyone have a Facebook page. And nobody has ever lied on the Internet before, why would they start now?

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 09:58 AM
I'm sure it's true. After all, they don't let just anyone have a Facebook page. And nobody has ever lied on the Internet before, why would they start now?

The moon is made of cheese.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-01-2016, 09:59 AM
The lottery winner was on the news yesterday and he said the first thing he was going to buy was a new pair of shoes, was no mention of Stokes [emoji28]

DH1875
14-01-2016, 10:00 AM
As someone else mentioned we all thought it was a done deal with Griffiths previously and Celtic scuppered it.

It was a done deal. Only problem was, Leigh knocked it back, not celtic.

Bayern Bru
14-01-2016, 10:01 AM
anthony stokes update

it has emerged this morning that dundee untd have agreed to celtic’s terms and conditions for the loan move of anthony stokes. Dundee untd's chances of landing stokes has been significantly boosted by scottish lottery winner david martin who has been in contact with the club after winning £33 million, offering investment for the club which includes paying anthony’s wages for the duration of the loan spell.

Celtic have now accepted 6 loan offers for anthony stokes - inverness c.t, hibernian fc, dundee utd and three english championship clubs. The final decision on where anthony will go on loan until the end of the season will be decided by the player.

Ggtth

lifted that from hibs retro on facebook.

ffs

Brightside
14-01-2016, 10:05 AM

Hahahaha.

TamHibs
14-01-2016, 10:10 AM
United and Celtic have agreed a deal in Stokes. According to Sky sports

They have but Stokes apparent favoured destination is still Hibs

GreenArmyyy!
The Hibernian Retro thing would be an extremely strange story to fabricate tbh.

ManBearPig
Oh well that's that then

hibs0666
14-01-2016, 10:11 AM
Oh well that's that then

What's what then?

SkintHibby
14-01-2016, 10:12 AM
Not one for rumours but my mate (a Celtic fan) was talking to Liam Henderson in Livingston shopping centre yesterday and said Stokes is coming to Hibs.

Bostonhibby
14-01-2016, 10:14 AM
The lottery winner was on the news yesterday and he said the first thing he was going to buy was a new pair of shoes, was no mention of Stokes [emoji28]
Shoeless Bob back on the scene again? He was from the borders I think.

I seem to recall the multi millionaire Vladimir romanov was apparently going to win the champions league by 2008 and build the megasuperhotelstadium for the yam. Sure I read that somewhere as well so must be true.

Moulin Yarns
14-01-2016, 10:19 AM

Must have confused his brogues :wink:

SeanWilson
14-01-2016, 10:21 AM
The Hibernian Retro thing would be an extremely strange story to fabricate tbh.

the guy hasnt a clue, i challenged him on it and he started askig me if i could give him the real deal lol

GreenArmyyy!
14-01-2016, 10:23 AM
the guy hasnt a clue, i challenged him on it and he started askig me if i could give him the real deal lol

Haha brilliant. Somebody else was saying the lottery winner has absolutely no interest in football at all. Got to love the transfer window....

allezsauzee
14-01-2016, 10:25 AM
Presumably Stokes is getting paid his normal wage from Celtic regardless of his destination? In which case surely his choice will be based on what suits his personal circumstances

mjhibby
14-01-2016, 10:27 AM
What a soap opera this is becoming. It sounds like stokes wants to come as he knows the set up and mcgeoch and henderson plus I'm sure is aware of Stubbs Celtic connection. Delilah and Collins have other ideas and with all things involving those two they seem to make everything a battle. The money thing is irrelevant as stokes just wants to play. We need to be focusing on Sundays game and not be distracted by this saga. Is Cummings back in training etc.

TamHibs
14-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Presumably Stokes is getting paid his normal wage from Celtic regardless of his destination? In which case surely his choice will be based on what suits his personal circumstances

Celtic have to agree to the destination aswel I would assume. Especially if they are putting up the biggest % of his wages

Bayern Bru
14-01-2016, 10:35 AM

The chat is that Celtic want the loan club to pay a portion of Stokes' wages - he's on around £8,000 a week.

MB62
14-01-2016, 10:40 AM
It is now being reported on the BBC Sport home page that Celtc & Dundee Utd have agreed the deal.

GreenArmyyy!
14-01-2016, 10:40 AM
STV have now released an update stating that Stokes is set to reject Dundee Utd.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/dundee-united/1339016-dundee-united-agree-loan-deal-with-celtic-for-striker-anthony-stokes/

SeanWilson
14-01-2016, 10:41 AM
It is now being reported on the BBC Sport home page that Celtc & Dundee Utd have agreed the deal.

They have, however in the same article, it claims even Mixu doesn't think they'll get him...

Since90+2
14-01-2016, 10:42 AM
Dundee Utd would be the worst possible destination for us as they are potential play off opponents if we dont win the league.

A partnership of Stokes and Billy McKay has the potential to score goals.

CB_NO3
14-01-2016, 10:43 AM
Out of all scottish clubs, Stokes will choose Hibs first. My only worry is the English Championship clubs.

Paloschi
Make of this what you will and I do not claim to be an ITK poster.

A family member has heard from someone inside the club, a source close to the players, that the Stokes deal had been agreed between Hibs, Celtic and the player on Tuesday afternoon as the only concrete interest came from us, ICT and Dundee United. Stokes chose us, as indicated in the media.

However since then I believe Cardiff and Ipswich had missed out on their other targets and submitted offers on Tuesday afternoon and Deila pulled the plug stating he prefers Stokes to go down south. Hibs have been very frustrated by Celtic's handling of this, the deal had been agreed just not finalised on paper.

For what it is worth the family member used to work at Hibs and is well connected to a few members of staff that remain. Only posting what I was told.

hfc rd

They have but the final decision is up to Stokes. He hasn't agreed to the move. Only held talks with Mixu

Pretty Boy
14-01-2016, 10:44 AM
STV have now released an update stating that Stokes is set to reject Dundee Utd.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/dundee-united/1339016-dundee-united-agree-loan-deal-with-celtic-for-striker-anthony-stokes/

If, as it appears, Stokes wants to come to Hibs and Celtic want him out the door then surely it makes sense to get this sorted asap for all concerned.

Golden Bear
14-01-2016, 10:44 AM
In other words everyone is as much in the dark as they were last night.

Bayern Bru
14-01-2016, 10:45 AM
Dundee Utd would be the worst possible destination for us as they are potential play off opponents if we dont win the league.

A partnership of Stokes and Billy McKay has the potential to score goals.

Going on previous seasons, so did James Collins and Paul Heffernan.

Jim44
14-01-2016, 10:45 AM
Surely Stokes would hate to play in an orange strip. :greengrin

Golden Bear
14-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Surely Stokes would hate to play in an orange strip. :greengrin

I sometimes wonder why the rangers don't appear to be interested in signing Mr Stokes.

:wink:

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2016, 10:50 AM
I'm getting the distinct impression this deal is nowhere near done yet. :duck:

Juice-Terry
14-01-2016, 10:50 AM
I've just been told by a very reliable inside source that it's wholly down to Celtic and that we will hopefully know either way after a meeting which will take place this afternoon. Said source suspects that Cetlic's reluctance to let Stokes go to Hibs is that it will reduce The Rangers' chances of automatic promotion. (I got the impression that wages is not the stumbling block.)

erin go bragh
14-01-2016, 10:51 AM
Make of this what you will and I do not claim to be an ITK poster.

A family member has heard from someone inside the club, a source close to the players, that the Stokes deal had been agreed between Hibs, Celtic and the player on Tuesday afternoon as the only concrete interest came from us, ICT and Dundee United. Stokes chose us, as indicated in the media.

However since then I believe Cardiff and Ipswich had missed out on their other targets and submitted offers on Tuesday afternoon and Deila pulled the plug stating he prefers Stokes to go down south. Hibs have been very frustrated by Celtic's handling of this, the deal had been agreed just not finalised on paper.

For what it is worth the family member used to work at Hibs and is well connected to a few members of staff that remain. Only posting what I was told.
Cheers for the info P . I'd say we're still in with a shout but Celtic doing their best to scupper it .

GGTTH

brog
14-01-2016, 10:53 AM
I've just been told by a very reliable inside source that it's wholly down to Celtic and that we will hopefully know either way after a meeting which will take place this afternoon. Said source suspects that Cetlic's reluctance to let Stokes go to Hibs is that it will reduce The Rangers' chances of automatic promotion. (I got the impression that wages is not the stumbling block.)

But they allowed us Henderson on loan & Dylan as part of the SA deal. Doesn't really make sense!

Golden Bear
14-01-2016, 10:54 AM
I've just been told by a very reliable inside source that it's wholly down to Celtic and that we will hopefully know either way after a meeting which will take place this afternoon. Said source suspects that Cetlic's reluctance to let Stokes go to Hibs is that it will reduce The Rangers' chances of automatic promotion.

Hypothetically speaking I wonder what Celtic's reaction would be if the rangers did express an interest in signing Stokes. Somehow or other I have a feeling that the likely reaction of Celtic fans would be a consideration!

Juice-Terry
But they allowed us Henderson on loan & Dylan as part of the SA deal. Doesn't really make sense!

That's probably because of the Scott Allan deal.

Iggy Pope
I sometimes wonder why the rangers don't appear to be interested in signing Mr Stokes.

:greengrin And according to Sky, they've had two bids rejected on the very un-Hun sounding Michael O'Hallaran........

hfc rd
I'm getting the distinct impression this deal is nowhere near done yet. :duck:

It seems from many folk on here that it's smeltic that are holding things up. Hibs want the player and the player wants to come. But I'm not sure if it's the wages that are holding things up or it's smeltic's very reluctance to sending Stokes to Hibs.

Juice-Terry
14-01-2016, 10:56 AM
It seems from many folk on here that it's smeltic that are holding things up. Hibs want the player and the player wants to come. But I'm not sure if it's the wages that are holding things up or it's smeltic's very reluctance to sending Stokes to Hibs.

Pretty much the stuff in bold from what I've been told.

Greenworld
14-01-2016, 10:56 AM
He would be off his nut to go to Utd. Be lucky to score 3 or 4 goals...
He wont be going there Mixu added he had spoke to him and utd were not fav

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2016, 10:57 AM

I have no idea at all what's holding the done deal up? :greengrin

J-C
14-01-2016, 10:58 AM

Henderson is just a young up and coming player who's still learning, he's part of their future and game time is what he's needing, Stokes on the other hand will hamper Rangers rise back to the SPFL and the 4 games they both crave for next season.

hfc rd
14-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Pretty much the stuff in bold from what I've been told.

If that's the case then it shows how desperate they are for their sectarian siblings to get automatic promotion to the prem

GordonHFC
14-01-2016, 11:02 AM
Its looking very much like Delilah has two options;

1. Let him come to Hibs where he gets game time, or
2. Keep him warming the bench.

They dont get on so why would Stokes do anything other than piss him off.

lapsedhibee
14-01-2016, 11:06 AM
I seem to recall the multi millionaire Vladimir romanov was apparently going to win the champions league by 2008 and build the megasuperhotelstadium for the yam. Sure I read that somewhere as well so must be true.
That was true though. Did you not see the picture of the planning application?

Bayern Bru
14-01-2016, 11:06 AM
Its looking very much like Delilah has two options;

1. Let him come to Hibs where he gets game time, or
2. Keep him warming the seats in the stand.

They dont get on so why would Stokes do anything other than piss him off.

FTFY :greengrin

SausageSurprise
14-01-2016, 11:08 AM
If he really wants to come to us it will happen.

That's what der Hun said about Scott Allen

snooky
14-01-2016, 11:10 AM

Wow. That scenario would surely trump the Mo Johnston transfer.

Moulin Yarns
14-01-2016, 11:13 AM
:greengrin And according to Sky, they've had two bids rejected on the very un-Hun sounding Michael O'Hallaran........

They have a goalkeeper that goes by the name of Liam Kelly, work that one out.

Diclonius
14-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Delia, Stokes wants to go to Hibs. Stop ****ing about and accept the deal.

Lago
14-01-2016, 11:18 AM
From being a done deal yesterday , to what could well become a big disappointment today. Can almost hear the collective sigh coming from ER.

Iggy Pope
14-01-2016, 11:25 AM
They have a goalkeeper that goes by the name of Liam Kelly, work that one out.

I heard his name on the Tannoy at the Greyskull game and did remark to the present Mrs Pope that his mother will be the shame of the steamie.

Thecat23
14-01-2016, 11:32 AM
From being a done deal yesterday , to what could well become a big disappointment today. Can almost hear the collective sigh coming from ER.

Sit back relax, and wait for Stokes to appear with the scarf above his head soon. 👍🏼

S4uzee
14-01-2016, 11:33 AM
Sit back relax, and wait for Stokes to appear with the scarf above his head soon. 👍🏼

I'm hoping this ain't another Griffiths situation for you TC 😬

Spike Mandela
14-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Irrespective of money I suspect Stokes would rather join a Championship race rather than a rather doomed looking relegation battle.

Bostonhibby
14-01-2016, 11:35 AM
That was true though. Did you not see the picture of the planning application?
Only part of it, so impressive was the size of the pile of boxes. Big team, big pile of boxes.

Diclonius
14-01-2016, 11:36 AM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/00892/SNA1909AA-280_892138a.jpg

Titch
14-01-2016, 11:37 AM
Sit back relax, and wait for Stokes to appear with the scarf above his head soon. 

Stv now reporting the player wants to leave Scotland and go to england😢😢😢

Thecat23
14-01-2016, 11:40 AM
I'm hoping this ain't another Griffiths situation for you TC 😬

Celtic are ruining me 😩

SeanWilson
14-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Stv now reporting the player wants to leave Scotland and go to england

i honestly think these guys just read all of these forums and 'report' on whatever hearsay is kicking about. Take with pinch of salt. If money is not in play here, i think he'll stay local.

Hibee87
14-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Celtic are ruining me 

So he aint coming then :confused: that was a quick turn in 7 minutes

Greenworld
14-01-2016, 11:44 AM
I think that is Celtics wish

Col2
14-01-2016, 11:45 AM

We all know where this is heading now don't we.

Celtic don't want him to come to us / Hibs offer not favourable and player needs a decent move so English championship becomes his second choice rather than throw his toys out of pram that he can't get to go to Hibs.

I would assume he is not coming based on how this is panning out..

snooky
14-01-2016, 11:46 AM
Ah well, time to lighten up, methinks :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImwmQjpCHV0

:singing: "Old Stokies I have found, short but not too big or round"

Thecat23
14-01-2016, 11:48 AM
So he aint coming then :confused: that was a quick turn in 7 minutes

No I still think he will. It was a tongue in cheek post! Celtic are doing what they can to put him off playing in the Scottish championship which is a shame as he was happy enough earlier on in the week with it.

Hopefully Stubbs can speak to him again and get this over the line.

GreenArmyyy!
14-01-2016, 11:48 AM
i honestly think these guys just read all of these forums and 'report' on whatever hearsay is kicking about. Take with pinch of salt. If money is not in play here, i think he'll stay local.

One of the main pulls to Hibs is he doesn't want to uproot his family or travel far so unless Celtic are really forcing it upon him I would be surprised if he goes down south.

Golden Bear
14-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Radio Scotland is of the opinion that the Stokes situation won't be resolved until the last week of the transfer window.

So that's it then, the experts have spoken.

Well maybe.

Hibee87
14-01-2016, 11:52 AM
No I still think he will. It was a tongue in cheek post! Celtic are doing what they can to put him off playing in the Scottish championship which is a shame as he was happy enough earlier on in the week with it.

Hopefully Stubbs can speak to him again and get this over the line.

FFS cat, you can explain to my mrs if i have a heart attack

Lago
14-01-2016, 11:53 AM
Sit back relax, and wait for Stokes to appear with the scarf above his head soon. 
Sincerely hope your right, but I have to say the mood music does not seem to be playing Hibs tune at the moment.:confused:

SouthMoroccoStu
14-01-2016, 11:53 AM
Radio Scotland is of the opinion that the Stokes situation won't be resolved until the last week of the transfer window.

Well maybe.

So sorted by the end of today then :wink:

Thecat23
14-01-2016, 11:55 AM
FFS cat, you can explain to my mrs if i have a heart attack

😂

Jim44
14-01-2016, 11:56 AM
If it has all fallen through, then tough. As long as we hold on to Cummings.

SaulGoodman
Simmer everyone

Sir David Gray
I'm quite relaxed about the whole thing.

If he ends up going elsewhere then so be it and if he does come to us, we'll have someone who can come in and hopefully score us a few goals.

I feel we have a great team spirit just now and I worry that Stokes may disrupt that but if Stubbs trusts him then that's good enough for me.

Haymaker
14-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Simmer everyone

No. :hyper

Brightside
14-01-2016, 11:58 AM
:greengrin

Ozyhibby
14-01-2016, 12:00 PM
At the beginning of the thread, hardly anybody wanted him. Now that Hibs have expressed an interest everybody wants him.
It's the Hibs.net way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaulGoodman
14-01-2016, 12:01 PM
At the beginning of the thread, hardly anybody wanted him. Now that Hibs have expressed an interest everybody wants him.
It's the Hibs.net way.

And once we don't get him everyone will go back to not wanting him.

Brightside
14-01-2016, 12:02 PM

Hehe "Aye - lucky escape"

Smartie
14-01-2016, 12:03 PM

Well maybe.

They haven't heard that Petrie isn't in charge of transfers any more then?

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2016, 12:03 PM

Its already started :greengrin

Deek01
14-01-2016, 12:05 PM
He's back to 5/4 to sign for Hibs if anyone's feeling confident 😉

Jim44

Well maybe.

Nah. He'll move sooner rather than later. He's in need of game time so I don't think they'll dilly dally much longer.

Smartie
I'm quite relaxed about the whole thing.

If he ends up going elsewhere then so be it and if he does come to us, we'll have someone who can come in and hopefully score us a few goals.

I feel we have a great team spirit just now and I worry that Stokes may disrupt that but if Stubbs trusts him then that's good enough for me.

That's exactly where I'm at.

My blood pressure was a lot higher when we were chasing Leigh Griffiths and when Scott Allan looked like he might be joining Rangers.

Golden Bear
14-01-2016, 12:06 PM
It's the Hibs.net way.

Nah, I'm still not too fussed but if he does end up at ER after all the speculation then at least it shows he has a genuine desire to play for us.

seanshow
14-01-2016, 12:09 PM
so far 29 pages of pure pish! Those in the know :na na:

Brightside
14-01-2016, 12:09 PM

"Intelligent input dahling"

hibs0666
14-01-2016, 12:11 PM

Everyone hates a smart errse.

Smartie
I think it boils down to who has a more secure future at Parkhead - Stokes or Delia.

The best experience Stokes could get to prepare him for going back to Parkhead would be to play in a team who are under pressure to win every week, create a lot of chances and are in a head to head title race with Rangers. If (and it's a big if) he has a future at Parkhead following a loan spell to get match fit then it's a no-brainer that he joins us. He can go back there and score goals under a new manager, or under this one in the unlikely event that they kiss and make up.

But I think Delia wants rid of him permanently, scuppering our chances. If their board back their manager then there is no way he'll be coming to us. I'm not sure they will though, I reckon Delia's coat is on the shoogliest of pegs.

No inside info, just opinion btw.

SausageSurprise

We all better watch ourselves, if admins catch wind we'll all get barred :confused:

Salt N Sauzee
14-01-2016, 12:15 PM

:tee hee::tee hee:

hibee_nation
14-01-2016, 12:16 PM
Too think we could have got him for £150,000 bloody Petrie again :grr:

FromTheCapital
14-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Stokes wasn't move, Celtic don't.

Ozyhibby
14-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Maybe we need a few more people to sign up to HSL to get this over the line?
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

Jim44
14-01-2016, 12:23 PM
I think it boils down to who has a more secure future at Parkhead - Stokes or Delia.

The best experience Stokes could get to prepare him for going back to Parkhead would be to play in a team who are under pressure to win every week, create a lot of chances and are in a head to head title race with Rangers. If (and it's a big if) he has a future at Parkhead following a loan spell to get match fit then it's a no-brainer that he joins us. He can go back there and score goals under a new manager, or under this one in the unlikely event that they kiss and make up.

But I think Delia wants rid of him permanently, scuppering our chances. If their board back their manager then there is no way he'll be coming to us. I'm not sure they will though, I reckon Delia's coat is on the shoogliest of pegs.

No inside info, just opinion btw.

Delilah could be gone soon. If they back him and are knocked out of the Champions League early doors next season, they will have to sack him, Lawwell will have to resign as well. Damage limitation, methinks.

Geo_1875
14-01-2016, 12:23 PM

I agree. If they really wanted the huns back in the premier league they wouldn't have stolen Scott Allan from under their noses and given us 2 quality players in return.

Iggy Pope
14-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Stokes wasn't move, Celtic don't.

William Burroughs wrote books using this very method.

portyhibernian
14-01-2016, 12:24 PM
If his choice is Hibs then I don't see what Celtic stand to gain from blocking a move here. If he comes here, performs well and scores a few (helping us get promoted of course), then they get back a player who can possibly contribute something to them for the remainder of his contract, or at least possibly recieve some offers for him. Currently he's out of favour there and picking up a wage for nothing.

CB_NO3
14-01-2016, 12:26 PM
As someone else said. Delia wants rid of Stokes. If he goes to the English Championship and does well Celtic can demand a decent fee for him.

scoopyboy
14-01-2016, 12:26 PM
It's the Hibs.net way.

I probably come into that category.

If it's not going to happen the I'd rather it was now, I'd hate for us to be running around daft at the last minute if Stokes falls through on January 31st.

SausageSurprise
14-01-2016, 12:27 PM
If his choice is Hibs then I don't see what Celtic stand to gain from blocking a move here. If he comes here, performs well and scores a few (helping us get promoted of course), then they get back a player who can possibly contribute something to them for the remainder of his contract, or at least possibly recieve some offers for him. Currently he's out of favour there and picking up a wage for nothing.

They would prefer to have him playing at the highest possible level, which the Scottish Championship isn't

FromTheCapital
14-01-2016, 12:29 PM
They would prefer to have him playing at the highest possible level, which the Scottish Championship isn't

Understandable but I'd have him playing at a level where he'd score goals every week, like he would in this league.
And he'd help keep the Huns down :greengrin

portyhibernian
14-01-2016, 12:30 PM

True but if Stokes wants to come then what choice do they really have? Can't force him to go elsewhere.

JJP
14-01-2016, 12:31 PM
I reckon Peter Lawwell has stepped in and he doesn't want the move to go ahead and jeopardise Rangers making it back to the top league next year.

PeeKay
14-01-2016, 12:32 PM

Exactly so. And who would be the bigger hero at Parkhead? Deila - who will have Celtic stumbling over the line to win the league, or Stokes who might just stop the huns getting promotion?

Geo_1875
14-01-2016, 12:33 PM

Except they won't play him in the premier league and he's proven twice he's not good enough for English football.

Greenworld
14-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Just need to go above PL then

Moulin Yarns
14-01-2016, 12:38 PM
As someone else said. Delia wants rid of Stokes. If he goes to the English Championship and does well Celtic can demand a decent fee for him.

His stat so far don't make good reading in England

His scoring rate is shocking in England compared to Scotland. In 63 games down south he found the net only 6 times!! 258 games in Scotland with 116 goals. If he wants to impress it makes sense to stay in Scotland

Brightside
14-01-2016, 12:40 PM
Do people not have notepads on their desks any more. Much easier for doodling. :aok:

brog
14-01-2016, 12:54 PM
Henderson is just a young up and coming player who's still learning, he's part of their future and game time is what he's needing, Stokes on the other hand will hamper Rangers rise back to the SPFL and the 4 games they both crave for next season.

Doesn't really matter though does it? AS obviously thought Henderson would improve our team & has confirmed that by making LH pretty much an automatic starter. Any improvement in our team obviously reduces Sevco's chances of promotion. I'm sure Celtc want Sevco back in top league ASAP but I'm equally sure they would not do anything that was seen to be helping achieve that objective.
Celtc fans would go berserk at that notion.

Wellbankhibby
14-01-2016, 12:57 PM
Loan deal Stokes has agreed to sign on at Tanadice. Another one bites the dust.

SaulGoodman
14-01-2016, 01:01 PM

Source?

MrSmith
14-01-2016, 01:02 PM

Nothing in media about this only on the Bambo jumpstart page ... hmm lol

lucky
14-01-2016, 01:02 PM

Quality effort Oz

TamHibs
14-01-2016, 01:03 PM

No he hasn't

SeanWilson
14-01-2016, 01:04 PM

nothing new reported online? You not just reading the same article as everyone else (clubs have agreed but player hasnt?)

SaulGoodman
14-01-2016, 01:06 PM
He'll be here.

h185forever
14-01-2016, 01:08 PM
I'm now convinced that Stokes is not in a position to make a decision currently ...as he has been abducted by aliens.
Given the amount of speculation on this thread I'd go one further and suggest that this opinion is just like most of the speculation in the previous 29 pages and the said aliens hail from Uranus.
I could of course be wrong and he could be gaily skipping down Easter road at this moment looking for the nearest Greggs to buy a lovely steak bake before nipping into the nearest bookie to put a monkey on his next move.

All of the above made up without the assistance of alcohol or drugs ...and thru sheer boredom

Greenworld
14-01-2016, 01:09 PM
Its just ridiculous how this starts and winds up to almost hysteria on here.I am reliable informed the meeting is over and decision has been made.

BroxburnHibee
14-01-2016, 01:11 PM

Shameless :greengrin

h185forever
Hope he got his bet on first :wink:

BoltonHibernian
Why not wait for something official and forget about the guessing games?

:flag:

Ozyhibby
14-01-2016, 01:14 PM
Hope he got his bet on first :wink:

He was waiting on the u20's getting back from training so he could get a sub.

SeanWilson
14-01-2016, 01:15 PM

wouldn't be much discussion on a thread about Stokes if we did that? :greengrin

StevieC
14-01-2016, 01:15 PM

Where's the fun in that? :greengrin

h185forever
14-01-2016, 01:17 PM
He was waiting on the u20's getting back from training so he could get a sub.

Romanov may still have one

BoltonHibernian
14-01-2016, 01:19 PM
Where's the fun in that? :greengrin

You're right. In that case, i've just had messages from two reliable sources, one says hes coming to ER and one says he's going down south. :thumbsup:

easty
14-01-2016, 01:21 PM
From the Scotland Live bit on the BBC Website -

Inverness CT manager John Hughes has confirmed that loan target Anthony Stokes will not be joining from Celtic.

Hughes confirmed he had spoken to the player but moved on as "reading between the lines" the club realised "he didn't fancy Inverness.

The Inverness manager said: "We wish him all the best. Whoever gets him is getting a real talented footballer.

"We just have to move on but to be honest we were sort of doing that three or four days ago.

"We read the picture, reading between the lines we realised he didn't fancy Inverness."

Joe6-2
14-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Source?

Celtic and D. Utd want this, Stokes yet to agree!!

livi hibs 1875
14-01-2016, 01:25 PM
You're right. In that case, i've just had messages from two reliable sources, one says hes coming to ER and one says he's going down south. :thumbsup:

Oh well if your at it. Ive heard this and there is 0% truth in this I've heard the rangers and there weeee cousins from Edinburgh are the only two reams he will sign for

Geo_1875
14-01-2016, 01:26 PM

I might believe this if I knew where Tanadice was. Can you point me in the right direction?

SausageSurprise
14-01-2016, 01:28 PM

Good shout. Close the thread till he's been unveiled

Jack Hackett
14-01-2016, 01:35 PM
I'm not sure I understand why Celtc would want the Rankgers back and competing with them for Scotland's one and only place in the Champions League qualifiers.
Surely the CL would be worth more to them than a few games against Der Hun

Hibeewilly
14-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Betvictors odds are currently 4/5 Dundee United 5/4 Hibs 6/1 Cardiff and Inverness everybody else is 20/1 and bigger. 5/4 is a great bet IMHO

StevieC
14-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Betvictors odds are currently 4/5 Dundee United 5/4 Hibs 6/1 Cardiff and Inverness everybody else is 20/1 and bigger. 5/4 is a great bet IMHO

Which one did Stokes put his money on?

easty
14-01-2016, 01:38 PM
I'm not sure I understand why Celtc would want the Rankgers back and competing with them for Scotland's one and only place in the Champions League qualifiers.

I can understand why the finance-y people at Celtc would want them up, and anyway, Rangers aren't going to be competing with them for the Champions League place in the next few years. Rangers will be fighting for 2nd place with a few other sides, when they do eventually go up.

easty
14-01-2016, 01:38 PM

Hibs...but it wasn't his money. :greengrin

SausageSurprise
14-01-2016, 01:39 PM

There was a study a few weeks back, maybe someone can remember where it was published, stating figures and the only teams who's attendances were affected were us for very obvious reasons and Celtic since Sevco were parachuted up to the Third division. The fans aren't interested if they are not competing with Rangers.

There may have been one or two other sides but the notion that Scottish football has no competition is far from the truth, only Rantic see otherwise

Hibeewilly
14-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Maybe its his money that's made Utd favourites. Hibs were 1/3 yesterday but that could be down to the report on the BBC website this morning

h185forever
14-01-2016, 01:41 PM

his money !!!..... Ha ha ha

Hibeesmad
14-01-2016, 01:47 PM
I think that Dundee United are just trying to keep their fans happy with this one to show a "statement of intent" to survive, why else would they come out and publicly say they have agreed a deal with Celtic

MagicSwirlingShip
14-01-2016, 01:49 PM
What a class time to be a Hibee :agree:

It wasn't too long ago we were falling over ourselves signing duds such as Junior Agogo and Danny Haynes.

Now there is a realistic chance we could be bringing in one of the most potent strikers in the country. :thumbsup:

YAS Hibs!

My_Wife_Camille
14-01-2016, 01:52 PM
Anier away

147lothian
14-01-2016, 01:53 PM
Dundee United have reached an agreement with Celtic with a view to signing Anthony Stokes on loan, but the forward will not be joining Inverness CT. United manager Mixu Paatelainen has told BBC Scotland he has held talks with the 27 year old striker.

But he does not believe he does not believe the Tannadice club are the favourites to sign him during the January transfer window

Any information on who the favourites are?

MagicSwirlingShip
14-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Anier away

Aye? Good news if so, possibly freeing up a wage for Stokesy

SaulGoodman
14-01-2016, 01:56 PM
Dundee United have reached an agreement with Celtic with a view to signing Anthony Stokes on loan, but the forward will not be joining Inverness CT. United manager Mixu Paatelainen has told BBC Scotland he has held talks with the 27 year old striker.

But he does not believe he does not believe the Tannadice club are the favourites to sign him during the January transfer window

Any information on who the favourites are?

Us.

Hibeesmad
14-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Anier back to United a few hours after Dundee United interest in Stokes, interesting

Lee Marvin
14-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Anier away

Good news. Cant imagine Stubbs would allow that if Stokes wasn't coming.

HibbyAndy
14-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Anier back to United a few hours after Dundee United interest in Stokes, interesting

:hmmm:

HibbyAndy
14-01-2016, 02:02 PM

May well be another striker Stubbs has in mind.

My personal opinion is that we don't have a hope in hell of getting Stokes when championship clubs South of the border can offer 6 or 7 times the amount we can.

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2016, 02:03 PM

My personal opinion is that we don't have a hope in hell of getting Stokes when championship clubs South of the border can offer 6 or 7 times the amount we can.

Just how much is Stokes on?

HibbyAndy
14-01-2016, 02:04 PM

Nae idea, I'd hazard a guess and say about 7 or 8 grand ?

Hibeesmad
14-01-2016, 02:04 PM

£8k a week

Brightside
14-01-2016, 02:05 PM

why would they offer 6 or 7 times?? he still just gets his wages - same contract to be paid?

SouthMoroccoStu
14-01-2016, 02:05 PM

You've got to think so

Thanks for your contributions Anier - would have liked to have seen more of him

2 assists in 2 games, turning potentially 1 point into 4

HibbyAndy
14-01-2016, 02:08 PM
why would they offer 6 or 7 times?? he still just gets his wages - same contract to be paid?

If Stokes in on lets say 8K per week ? I'd imagine a Cardiff or maybe a Hull city could match those wages.. They could even go to 10K per week.. What can we pay him ? 2K per week ?..So again ( And its only imo) I think teams south of the border have a better chance of landing AS

Greenworld
14-01-2016, 02:10 PM
If Stokes in on lets say 8K per week ? I'd imagine a Cardiff or maybe a Hull city could match those wages.. They could even go to 10K per week.. What can we pay him ? 2K per week ?..So again ( And its only imo) I think teams south of the border have a better chance of landing AS
Not if he dosnt want to go wherever he goes he still gets 8k

HibbyAndy
14-01-2016, 02:11 PM

Right, Well i never knew this..So Celtic pay his wages if he comes here on loan ? :confused:

Joe6-2
14-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Maybe its his money that's made Utd favourites. Hibs were 1/3 yesterday but that could be down to the report on the BBC website this morning

What did it say??

Andy74
14-01-2016, 02:12 PM

Don't think wages will matter too much. He still gets paid his wage. Celtic might want to recoup some but getting him game time would be the main thing for them.

Greenworld
Right, Well i never knew this..So Celtic pay his wages if he comes here on loan ? :confused:
Correct .....

SausageSurprise

Hibs will only be able to offer for arguments sake £2k from an £8k weekly wage whereas as team from down south would be in a position to offer the full whack and this will be why Celtic want him to move down south. Celtic save £8k a week and puts Stokes at a higher level in prep for his possible return next season or if not, puts him in the shop window . It makes perfect business sense but some on here would have you think otherwise

SaulGoodman
14-01-2016, 02:13 PM

Isn't that how a loan deal works? I imagine we'll pay part of it.

HibbyAndy
Correct .....

Ahh well that's a whole different ball game then :greengrin We have every chance of getting him then :cb

SausageSurprise

Beat me to it

blackpoolhibs

They will pay a percentage of it should he turn up at Easter Road.

But you knew this didnt you. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
14-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Isn't that how a loan deal works? I imagine we'll pay part of it.

Nae idea is it ? What if Cardiff are willing to pay 80% of his wage and Hibs 45% ?

Andy74
Hibs will only be able to offer for arguments sake £2k from an £8k weekly wage whereas as team from down south would be in a position to offer the full whack and this will be why Celtic want him to move down south. Celtic save £8k a week and puts Stokes at a higher level in prep for his possible return next season or if not, puts him in the shop window . It makes perfect business sense but some on here would have you think otherwise

They have been paying him to sit in stand up until now so getting his wages paid is probably not a huge factor.

My_Wife_Camille
Andy, that's how loans work mate. The player still gets his original wage but it's up to the two teams to decide how much each party contributes.

SanFranHibs
14-01-2016, 02:15 PM

Yes, i never knew a gambler that would not chase the money ;)

Greenworld
14-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Nae idea is it ? What if Cardiff are willing to pay 80% of his wage and Hibs 45% ?
Its up to the player he can go nowhere if he wants.

Greenworld
14-01-2016, 02:19 PM
Yes, i never knew a gambler that would not chase the money ;)
If they offer 20k a week he still gets 8k celtic wojld make a nice profit [emoji106] [emoji106] make no sense though lol

147lothian
14-01-2016, 02:20 PM
Us.

I will be cock a hoop if we signed him even if it meant selling Cummings

RoxburghHibs
Anier away

Can't see this on club website or anywhere online? But if true it would be a good sign.

CallumLaidlaw
Can't see this on club website or anywhere online? But if true it would be a good sign.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6072

Hibeesmad
14-01-2016, 02:21 PM

It's on the Hibs official twitter

SaulGoodman

Confirmed now. Anier away that is.

Hibs Class
Does Anier returning to Tannadice make a stokes move to us more likely?

SaulGoodman
14-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Does Anier returning to Tannadice make a stokes move to us more likely?

We must be getting someone else in if Stubbs is happy to let Anier go back.

The timing is also suspicious.

HibbyAndy
14-01-2016, 02:24 PM
We must be getting someone else in if Stubbs is happy to let Anier go back.

The timing is also suspicious.

Am i right in thinking it was our call to let Anier go back ? As opposed to Dundee utd recalling him ?

TamHibs
14-01-2016, 02:24 PM
Am i right in thinking it was our call to let Anier go back ? As opposed to Dundee utd recalling him ?

Indeed :agree:

easty
14-01-2016, 02:25 PM

Yeah, I'm sure someone said the other day that Utd had missed some deadline for asking to recall him, so he could only go if we let him.

SausageSurprise
I was looking forward to seeing Stokes and Anier playing together. Thank god the bridge is back open

:greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

Hermit Crab

Yes.

HibbyAndy
14-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Indeed :agree:

Yeah, I'm sure someone said the other day that Utd had missed some deadline for asking to recall him, so he could only go if we let him.

Cheers guys :aok:

Hermit Crab
Christ, I nip out for a few hours to return to meltdown on this thread, chill out. If it happens it happens...

HibbyAndy
Yes.

:aok:

Thecat23
14-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Feruz will be gone as well.

Lago
14-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Do people not have notepads on their desks any more. Much easier for doodling. :aok:
Do you know something that the rest of us don't?:confused:

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 02:37 PM

Good, waste of a jersey.

TamHibs
14-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Good, waste of a jersey.

Talent there but he doesn't seem to want to apply himself unfortunately. :confused:

CRAZYHIBBY
14-01-2016, 02:40 PM

I thought he would be a great signing but now in wondering what all the fuss was about....just not good enough

SaulGoodman
14-01-2016, 02:41 PM
Talent there but he doesn't seem to want to apply himself unfortunately. :confused:

I heard he was a bad influence in the dressing room.

I hope whoever we bring in is a better one :duck:

BarneyHibby
14-01-2016, 02:41 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/republic-of-ireland-international-anthony-stokes-poised-to-leave-celtic-on-loan-34364779.html

Hibernian have agreed a deal with Celtic to take Anthony Stokes on loan until the end of the season, but the Ireland international is mulling over whether to join the struggling side.

PUBLISHED 14/01/2016 | 14:44

SaulGoodman
14-01-2016, 02:42 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/republic-of-ireland-international-anthony-stokes-poised-to-leave-celtic-on-loan-34364779.html

Hibernian have agreed a deal with Celtic to take Anthony Stokes on loan until the end of the season, but the Ireland international is mulling over whether to join the struggling side.

I think they've got us and Dundee Utd mixed up.

"The struggling side?"

Andy74
14-01-2016, 02:43 PM
I think they've got us and Dundee Utd mixed up.

"The struggling side?"

Yes when you read the article it's about United.

kevinc
14-01-2016, 02:44 PM

That report is all over the place, mentions Hibs in the header paragraph and Mixu further down.

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 02:45 PM

Must be a copy and paste job, they haven't even bothered to change the team name to Dundee Utd.......

Hibeesmad

Pathetic journalism

CRAZYHIBBY
I reckon hibs are having a clear out in order to get cover his wages

BarneyHibby
I think they've got us and Dundee UtdI think so too

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 02:46 PM

Anier, Feruz next? Alagui and boyle perhaps? :dunno:

BarneyHibby
14-01-2016, 02:48 PM
Update on Daily Record (sorry if already posted)

Record Sport understands that Hibs are still locked in talks with Celtic striker Anthony Stokes over a loan switch to Easter Road until the end of the season.
Despite Dundee United having agreed a deal to take the hitman to Tannadice a return to his old Edinburgh stomping ground would appear to be the Irishman’s preferred choice.
The Capital club remain very hopeful of landing the 27 year-old Republic of Ireland internationalist.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/record-sport-online-transfer-centre-7177571

TamHibs
14-01-2016, 02:49 PM

Alagui for definite I think but I would like to see Boyle stay. Still feel he has something to offer Hibs.

Thecat23
14-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Update on Daily Record (sorry if already posted)

Record Sport understands that Hibs are still locked in talks with Celtic striker Anthony Stokes over a loan switch to Easter Road until the end of the season.
Despite Dundee United having agreed a deal to take the hitman to Tannadice a return to his old Edinburgh stomping ground would appear to be the Irishman’s preferred choice.
The Capital club remain very hopeful of landing the 27 year-old Republic of Ireland internationalist.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/record-sport-online-transfer-centre-7177571

As I've said, sit back relax and wait until he's here again with the scarf above the head. Stubbs will make sure he comes to us.

GloryGlory
14-01-2016, 02:55 PM
Must be a copy and paste job, they haven't even bothered to change the team name to Dundee Utd.......

They were thinking of Dundee Hibernian, maybe?

The_Exile
14-01-2016, 02:59 PM
Boy at work who's son is friends with a player (I know, I know!!!!) has said Stokes is apparently on his way through, I don't ever post stuff as it's a hiding to nothing if it doesn't happen but thought I'd pass it on, really really want this to happen!!

Edit: No idea if this has come directly from said player or if it's come through the grapevine.

Brightside

Boyle??? He;s going nowhere. He has a hair transplant to pay for.

SaulGoodman
Feruz away too according to the Sun.

Weststandwanab
14-01-2016, 03:01 PM

Presumably once the window is closed one of you reliable sources will become somewhat less reliable.

I can understand why the finance-y people at Celtc would want them up, and anyway, Rangers aren't going to be competing with them for the Champions League place in the next few years. Rangers will be fighting for 2nd place with a few other sides, when they do eventually go up.

Really second ? I think they will struggle to make top 6 or top 8 if it is fixed.

Alagui for definite I think but I would like to see Boyle stay. Still feel he has something to offer Hibs.

I would agree with that. However in Stubbs I trust.

WhileTheChief..
14-01-2016, 03:02 PM
It's gonna happen :)

Tremendous business by Hibs.

TamHibs

if true, it won't make any difference to what we pay for Stokes wages as we weren't paying anything towards Feruz's wage anyway

AinsterHibs

https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status/687663968194818048

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/6861438/Islam-Feruz-cuts-short-Hibs-loan-and-returns-to-Chelsea.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160114-_-SunScotSport-_-330825415-_-Imageandlink

Seems likely....

My_Wife_Camille
14-01-2016, 03:04 PM
Looks like that corner kick Feruz won against Alloa will remain the highlight of his professional career.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-01-2016, 03:05 PM

Does this mean he does believe it?

CB_NO3
14-01-2016, 03:06 PM
It's gonna happen :)

Tremendous business by Hibs.
For sure? Or you guessing?

Iain G
14-01-2016, 03:08 PM
https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status/687663968194818048

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/6861438/Islam-Feruz-cuts-short-Hibs-loan-and-returns-to-Chelsea.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160114-_-SunScotSport-_-330825415-_-Imageandlink

Seems likely....

Well it sounds like we wern't paying for Feruz so no wages there to cover? More like releasing a player that has made no impact whatsoever in his time here.

Geo_1875
14-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Boyle??? He;s going nowhere. He has a hair transplant to pay for.

Boyle getting Fontaine's beard trimmings glued to his head. Shouldn't cost too much.

lucky
14-01-2016, 03:11 PM
That's 3 out but 2 in. Maybe making room for Stokes.

oneone73
14-01-2016, 03:13 PM
That's 3 out but 2 in. Maybe making room for Stokes.

4 if Sun are correct - Stanton, Forster, Anier, Feruz.

Thecat23
14-01-2016, 03:15 PM

I posted it long before they did ;)

FT'J'Bo's
14-01-2016, 03:15 PM
SSN just announced that Celtic have agreed to loan Stokes to Dundee Utd, so long as Stokes agrees!

TamHibs
14-01-2016, 03:16 PM
SSN just announced that Celtic have agreed to loan Stokes to Dundee Utd, so long as Stokes agrees!

The announced that hours ago, Stokes has snubbed the move

AinsterHibs
14-01-2016, 03:17 PM
Well it sounds like we wern't paying for Feruz so no wages there to cover? More like releasing a player that has made no impact whatsoever in his time here.

Yip, and I won't miss Feruz. Never seen much to make me think he was that special.

Hope he gets his act together though. So much was thought of him - and so very little shown.