View Full Version : Anthony Stokes

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Pretty Boy
13-01-2016, 07:49 AM
yep facebook and twitter nobody on here even discussed the possibility lol

I was being diplomatic.....

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2016, 07:50 AM
No idea if it will happen or not but the stuff yesterday suggesting it was a done deal simply aren't true.

To be fair to me I said loose ends need tied up. :wink:

jacomo
13-01-2016, 08:26 AM
His goals fired us to 4th in the premier league. We could do with having more of that type of bad influence around the place.

You and many others making light of any possible issues with Stokes. Fair enough.

All I am saying is that the attitude and atmosphere at Hibs stank for years, and I don't want us going back to that situation. Will Stokes score goals if he comes back to us? Quite possibly. Will he be a good influence on younger members of our squad? Er...

hibbysam
13-01-2016, 08:32 AM
You and many others making light of any possible issues with Stokes. Fair enough.

All I am saying is that the attitude and atmosphere at Hibs stank for years, and I don't want us going back to that situation. Will Stokes score goals if he comes back to us? Quite possibly. Will he be a good influence on younger members of our squad? Er...

Same could be said about Riordan but he came in for months and was a massive influence on JC and the younger boys!!

There's more chance of him scoring goals than there is being a disruptive influence, and besides, he would be on loan, if he causes bother he goes back along the M8. Simples.

Dalianwanda
13-01-2016, 08:34 AM

I would have been someone who when I first heard he was linked with us totally baulked at it..I can only go from what I read but I felt he was a real bad egg..But I've come to think that one of the things Stubbs has always talked about is unity, togetherness and the right mood in the camp..I trust he knows far more about Stokes than any of us & wouldn't risk the great work he's done by bringing in someone he felt could potentially destroy that..Fingers crossed :wink:

hibbypostie
13-01-2016, 08:40 AM

I find it strange that you really are so against this for non football reasons but in the Deeks case you thought it was class the club invited him back I don't disagree with that but deeks can hardly be held up as a role model for our young players

jacomo
13-01-2016, 08:43 AM
To be fair to me I said loose ends need tied up. :wink:

A court case, for one?

California-Hibs
13-01-2016, 08:48 AM
But but but...facebooks Andy Giles says it's a done deal so it just MUST be true!..

hibbypostie
13-01-2016, 08:54 AM
But but but...facebooks Andy Giles says it's a done deal so it just MUST be true!..

people on here also said its true so why blame Andy Giles

how dare other sites discuss hibs related topics eh

SouthMoroccoStu
13-01-2016, 08:58 AM

Well said

Too many jump down the throat of others on this site

I'm sure Andy wants it to happen and it's probably not in his best interest to false info

matty_f
13-01-2016, 08:59 AM
Well said

Too many jump down the throat of others on this site

I'm sure Andy wants it to happen and it's probably not in his best interest to false info

:agree:

California-Hibs
13-01-2016, 09:04 AM

Ach decided to give him a wee jibe because I'm not his biggest fan after he blocked me for no proper reason, off the Facebook page. Call me bitter. Meh.

TamHibs
13-01-2016, 09:07 AM

Andy has a far better success rate with potential signings that anywhere else that I have seen.

Give the guy a break.

Mikey09
13-01-2016, 09:09 AM
Personally I think people saying Stokes will be a disruptive influence in the dressing room and at the club in general are doing Stubbs a disservice. He seems to have sorted JC out, so much so that he's being linked with a host of clubs. Also, if he did get billy big time, I'm sure the likes of Fontaine, Gray and big Marv would soon put him in his place. Think Stokes would get the head down and do what he does best... Score goals.

HibsNibs
13-01-2016, 09:23 AM
who's Andy Giles ? (I'm not on Facetube) :confused:

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 09:25 AM
who's Andy Giles ? (I'm not on Facetube) :confused:

Official Hibs transfer spokesperson. Live updates from him via the bushes at East Mains.......:rolleyes:

My_Wife_Camille
13-01-2016, 09:28 AM
Andy Gilles makes up pish.

TamHibs
13-01-2016, 09:29 AM

like 99% of the "rumours" you find on here then :rolleyes::rolleyes:

California-Hibs
13-01-2016, 09:33 AM

I feel he likes to incorrectly word things at times being very misleading. Gets a bit too excited.

TamHibs
13-01-2016, 09:36 AM
I feel he likes to incorrectly word things at times being very misleading. Gets a bit too excited.

And you are 100% entitled to your opinion about Andy. However most of the stuff he posts are normally reported on the fb page before anywhere else.

For example he mentioned Gunnarsson before the papers did, he must have some sort of contact within the club.

My_Wife_Camille
13-01-2016, 09:41 AM
Gilles doesn't make up the rumours or the names, he waits for the names to appear here and elsewhere and makes up the pish about it being a 'done deal' etc so he can appear to have inside info. I've never seen him post anything that hasn't appeared on here first.

Baffling behaviour from a grown man.

Greenworld
13-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Imagine he doesn't sign and jason is sold melt down lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

jacomo
13-01-2016, 09:53 AM
I find it strange that you really are so against this for non football reasons but in the Deeks case you thought it was class the club invited him back I don't disagree with that but deeks can hardly be held up as a role model for our young players

I think Deeks is a special case.

I am generally sceptical of players returning for a second spell at a club, but he is a massive Hibs fan who had the best years of his career at our club. I also think that Riordan is hardly the disruptive influence he is sometimes made out to be - not the most dedicated, clean-living athlete, perhaps, but hardly a bad lad.

Stokes, on the other hand, is a gun for hire. He has no emotional attachment to us and even Yogi admits he needs 'controlling'.

If - if - he joins us and bangs in the goals, you can all say 'I told you so'. I'm sure people will. That will be no bother to me, there are more important things in life than being proved right on a fans' forum.

But I do have reservations.

Glesgahibby
13-01-2016, 09:55 AM
I hope Celtic don't leave this til the last day,incase some one puts in a transfer bid.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 09:57 AM
And you are 100% entitled to your opinion about Andy. However most of the stuff he posts are normally reported on the fb page before anywhere else.

For example he mentioned Gunnarsson before the papers did, he must have some sort of contact within the club.

He banned me from his FB page after I called him out for lifting stuff from the PM board and posting it as his own ITK info.......:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 09:58 AM
Gilles doesn't make up the rumours or the names, he waits for the names to appear here and elsewhere and makes up the pish about it being a 'done deal' etc so he can appear to have inside info. I've never seen him post anything that hasn't appeared on here first.

:agree:. Thats why he banned me from his FB page because I pulled him about that.

Salt N Sauzee
13-01-2016, 10:00 AM

I don't understand why people get so upset by him. He's just sharing information with the people following his page that he takes from the media, fans forums etc but he never claims it to be his own information? In fact he more often than not names the source of the rumor or story at the bottom of what ever he posts.

What is baffling behavior is grown men getting wound up by someone like Andy Gillies who's just running a harmless page on Facebook.

Pretty Boy
13-01-2016, 10:00 AM

How's the Cummings to Aberdeen deal coming along?

Pretty Boy
13-01-2016, 10:02 AM
I don't understand why people get so upset by him. He's just sharing information with the people following his page that he takes from the media, fans forums etc but he never claims it to be his own information? In fact he more often than not names the source of the rumor or story at the bottom of what ever he posts.

What is baffling behavior is grown men getting wound up by someone like Andy Gillies who's just running a harmless page on Facebook.

Tend to agree.

He's used a couple of things I have written in the past, not transfer related, and always asked permission before doing so and 'credited' it.

matty_f
13-01-2016, 10:07 AM

:hilarious:

TonyStokeprano
13-01-2016, 10:08 AM

Spot on, really can't understand what he's doing wrong and why folk are annoyed with him, constantly trying to bring him down as some clueless story teller lol

monarch
13-01-2016, 10:09 AM
According to Yogi at the AGM after Stokes departure it was 'a footballing decision'.
Yogi didn't attend the AGM following Stokes' departure (he was sacked that morning). It was Rod that stated that Stokes' departure was a no brainer, the inference from his body language being that he was a disruptive influence.
For what it's worth I'll be cautiously optimistic in trusting Stubbs's judgement in this situation as we do have to stop clinging on nervously to one goal leads to see out games.

My_Wife_Camille
13-01-2016, 10:11 AM

I suppose that's the thing about commenting on something like this.

Let me be clear that I'm not wound up or upset by anything he posts. If anything it gives me and my mates a good laugh during the transfer windows.

Lang may Gilles post pish.

In my defence I was steaming and, unfortunately, in my intoxicated state I truly believed I was being funny.

Teo10
13-01-2016, 10:17 AM
I suppose that's the thing about commenting on something like this.

Let me be clear that I'm not wound up or upset by anything he posts. If anything it gives me and my mates a good laugh during the transfer windows.

Lang may Gilles post pish.

In my defence I was steaming and, unfortunately, in my intoxicated state I truly believed I was being funny.

This:agree: To be fair, he did say there was nothing in Feruz...

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 10:20 AM
Not heard anything about Derby and Cummings?

Off course you haven't. It's not until February :wink:

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 10:27 AM
Considering the amount of Rafael Scheidt that's posted on here I don't think many on here are in any position to criticise the guys who run the Facebook page

Fergus52
13-01-2016, 10:27 AM

he gets >90% of his info off of the PM board.

Something gets posted there and its usually on his page 20 minutes later

Salt N Sauzee
13-01-2016, 10:29 AM
he gets >90% of his info off of the PM board.

Something gets posted there and its usually on his page 20 minutes later

What's wrong with sharing information to a broader audience of Hibs fans that can't see the PM board?

J-C
13-01-2016, 10:34 AM
What's wrong with sharing information to a broader audience of Hibs fans that can't see the PM board?

Personally I don't give a hoot what he posts as I don't read his page, I think what some of the guys on here object to is he tries to take credit for some of his exclusives, when in fact they are exclusives from some of the well know ITK guys on this forum.

California-Hibs
13-01-2016, 10:35 AM
He banned me from his FB page after I called him out for lifting stuff from the PM board and posting it as his own ITK info.......:rolleyes:

Yep, that's what happened to me too.

hibbypostie
13-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Personally I don't give a hoot what he posts as I don't read his page, I think what some of the guys on here object to is he tries to take credit for some of his exclusives, when in fact they are exclusives from some of the well know ITK guys on this forum.

ITK guys lol like sergey you mean

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 10:38 AM

Maybe he is one of the ITK guys who posts on the private board??

J-C
13-01-2016, 10:41 AM

Not as far as the admins are concerned he's not.

No problem with sharing but just give the guys who have info credit for it and not claim it himself.

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 10:43 AM
Not as far as the admins are concerned he's not.

No problem with sharing but just give the guys who have info credit for it and not claim it himself.

Fair enough

J-C
13-01-2016, 10:44 AM
ITK guys lol like sergey you mean

Haha ITK troll you mean, as long as it's the Bostik Ryman League or whatever it's called.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 10:44 AM

No, he must have a way of accessing the info on PM board, it's the only way he can get his info. Some of it is posted word for word.

CapitalGreen
13-01-2016, 10:49 AM
No, he must have a way of accessing the info on PM board, it's the only way he can get his info. Some of it is posted word for word.

Someone should investigate this, it's an outrage!

J-C
13-01-2016, 10:51 AM

He'll have a friend who's a PM and gets them to copy and paste for him, that simple, don't get your knickers in a twist about it though, not worth it.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 10:56 AM
He'll have a friend who's a PM and gets them to copy and paste for him, that simple, don't get your knickers in a twist about it though, not worth it.

I'm not really to be honest, it's just that as you know we pay a fee to access the PM board and info posted there should stay there, that goes without say really.

Juice-Terry
13-01-2016, 10:58 AM
Any updates on Stokes? :greengrin

CapitalGreen
13-01-2016, 11:01 AM
I'm not really to be honest, it's just that as you know we pay a fee to access the PM board and info posted there should stay there, that goes without say really.

I always believed it was Private access forum as opposed to private information.

I must apologise to all PMs as I recently shared information about reheating food from the PM board with a colleague.

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2016, 11:02 AM
Stokes signs for Hibs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian/6068552/Hibs-pull-off-transfer-coup-by-signing-striker-Anthony-Stokes-from-Sunderland.html

easty
13-01-2016, 11:04 AM

:agree:

defeats the purpose of the PM board if stuffs just cut and pasted from it to elsewhere.

Salt N Sauzee
13-01-2016, 11:08 AM

I've never seen him claim any of his posts or rumors to be "exclusives".

I personally don't know the guy but people appreciate the effort he makes to run the page and share Hibs-related news to a broader audience on Facebook who aren't on the Forums, Twitter and so on. Does it really matter how the news is shared or what context it's written in? Whether he copies and pastes from here, there or wherever he often credits the source. He's not a journalist or anything so why does it matter that he nicks a bit of information from fellow fans? Give the guy a break!

Sprouleflyer
13-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Stokes signs for Hibs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian/6068552/Hibs-pull-off-transfer-coup-by-signing-striker-Anthony-Stokes-from-Sunderland.html

Naughty!!!

Ozyhibby
13-01-2016, 11:09 AM
I heard Andy Gillies gets 20 loyalty points for every rumour he posts. He's now the no. 1 uber fan.

Any news on Stokes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glesgahibby
13-01-2016, 11:12 AM
Stokes signs for Hibs.

Your a bad man :greengrin

Lago
13-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Nowt to do with needing to lighten up. I thought you were soliciting opinions on your fictional scenario.

I was just pointing out that your post no more grounded in reality than if I had posted Barca were going to sign him tomorrow and loan him back to us for the next three years.

You certainly do need to lighten up. All that was said was purely an opinion, not an absolute fact. There have been plenty of other opinions on this thread but you didnt jump on them.

Ozyhibby
13-01-2016, 11:16 AM
I always believed it was Private access forum as opposed to private information.

I must apologise to all PMs as I recently shared information about reheating food from the PM board with a colleague.

[emoji23]

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 11:20 AM

Well if it wasn't private info it would all be on the MB and there would be no need for the PM forum..... It's there for a reason and i don't mean the reheating food stuff :greengrin

Lago
13-01-2016, 11:20 AM
:top marks
Considering the amount of Rafael Scheidt that's posted on here I don't think many on here are in any position to criticise the guys who run the Facebook page

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 11:23 AM

You mean like this steaming pile of male cow crap?? http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?306003-Stubbs-Rabbit

Lago
13-01-2016, 11:26 AM
Any updates on Stokes? :greengrin

Correct 2 pages of absolute drivel about Andy someone, facebook, pm board, Itk info being misappropiated, give us a break.

Aldo
13-01-2016, 11:30 AM
Back on subject sort to speak but has he signed yet!

A yam associate has suggested that we would never be able to sign him as he wouldn't drop down a Division. I asked him why not and he said he's too good for us!

I think the yams are running scared!

For those looking in, as you know who you are, keep running!!

Beefster
13-01-2016, 11:33 AM
Correct 2 pages of absolute drivel about Andy someone, facebook, pm board, Itk info being misappropiated, give us a break.

One man's drivel is another man's opinion.

staunchhibby
13-01-2016, 11:33 AM
Lets try and keep this page about Stokes and not back biting.

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 11:36 AM
You mean like this steaming pile of male cow crap?? http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?306003-Stubbs-Rabbit

Exactly. If you delve even deeper you'll also find that I have not criticised the guys from the fans news page

Lago
13-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Lets try and keep this page about Stokes and not back biting.
I am all for that!!

.Sean.
13-01-2016, 11:37 AM
We talking about Hibernian Retro? I was blocked for something petty like daring to question their 'takeover' :rolleyes:

Brightside
13-01-2016, 11:38 AM

He copies everything from here or by searching "Hibs" on twitter.

TamHibs
13-01-2016, 11:41 AM
He copies everything from here or by searching "Hibs" on twitter.

Apart from the fact that he doesn't but we'll agree to disagree on the matter 😊

.Sean.
13-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Beat me to it. 'Stubbs rabbit is Barry Bannan' :fibber:

Throwing stones and glass houses spring to mind

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 11:44 AM

As I've said, most people on here are in no position to criticise the fans news guys

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 11:49 AM
As I've said, most people on here are in no position to criticise the fans news guys

No, but you're guilty of posting pish about a signing that was never on the cards so why do it.....?

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 11:50 AM

Correct, Nonsense thread that.

SaulGoodman
13-01-2016, 11:50 AM
3 pages and not one update or nothing. Good.

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 11:52 AM
No, but you're guilty of posting pish about a signing that was never on the cards so why do it.....?

Why not? So does half of the rest on here

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 11:54 AM
Why not? So does half of the rest on here

Well if you continue to post pish threads then sooner or later the admins will step in but you bash on.

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 11:58 AM
Well if you continue to post pish threads then sooner or later the admins will step in but you bash on.

Well the board will soon be like the Mary Celeste if that's the case

If you want the inside scope just subscribe to the private forum

:greengrin

SaulGoodman
13-01-2016, 11:58 AM

It's no as exciting as it seems we just talk about drink and garden fences.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 11:59 AM

How would you know? :greengrin

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 12:00 PM
How would you know? :greengrin

Just call me Andy...

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Just call me Andy...

:grr::grr::grr::greengrin

SaulGoodman
13-01-2016, 12:11 PM
10:56Wednesday 13 January 2016
HAVE YOUR SAY
Hibs have contacted Celtic with a view to bringing Anthony Stokes on loan to Easter Road for the remainder of the season.

The 27-year-old is out of favour at Celtic Park, with Hoops boss Ronny Deila making the Republic of Ireland international available for a temporary move away from Glasgow.

Hibs head coach Alan Stubbs is keen to bring the former Hibernian striker back to Easter Road in a bid to bolster their Ladbrokes Championship title charge and have opened talks with the Celtic board about a move.

Hibs also face competition from Inverness and Dundee United for his signature, but it is believed Hibs would be Stokes’ destination of choice.

Stokes hasn’t played a competitive match since Celtic’s 3-1 over Dundee United on August 22, but there is little doubt the Irishman would strengthen a Hibs attack that already boasts eight strikers in the squad.

Hibs would want to team Stokes up with top-scorer Jason Cummings, who has scored 16 goals this season so far. Alan Stubbs has revealed that there have been no offers for the 20-year-old during this transfer window and that none would be entertained by the Easter Road hierarchy.

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-approach-celtic-over-anthony-stokes-loan-move-1-3999489#ixzz3x86NzLbs
Follow us: @TheScotsman on Twitter | TheScotsmanNewspaper on Facebook

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 12:13 PM
HAVE YOUR SAY
Hibs have contacted Celtic with a view to bringing Anthony Stokes on loan to Easter Road for the remainder of the season.

The 27-year-old is out of favour at Celtic Park, with Hoops boss Ronny Deila making the Republic of Ireland international available for a temporary move away from Glasgow.

Hibs head coach Alan Stubbs is keen to bring the former Hibernian striker back to Easter Road in a bid to bolster their Ladbrokes Championship title charge and have opened talks with the Celtic board about a move.

Hibs also face competition from Inverness and Dundee United for his signature, but it is believed Hibs would be Stokes’ destination of choice.

Stokes hasn’t played a competitive match since Celtic’s 3-1 over Dundee United on August 22, but there is little doubt the Irishman would strengthen a Hibs attack that already boasts eight strikers in the squad.

Hibs would want to team Stokes up with top-scorer Jason Cummings, who has scored 16 goals this season so far. Alan Stubbs has revealed that there have been no offers for the 20-year-old during this transfer window and that none would be entertained by the Easter Road hierarchy.

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-approach-celtic-over-anthony-stokes-loan-move-1-3999489#ixzz3x86NzLbs

Doesn't really tell us anything new. I'd like Stokes in before Sundays match with Falkirk.

Ozyhibby
13-01-2016, 12:15 PM
HAVE YOUR SAY

I clicked the link, not a word about Andy Gillies? [emoji22]

Lucius Apuleius
13-01-2016, 12:16 PM
Doesn't really tell us anything new. I'd like Stokes in before Sundays match with Falkirk.

Alan Stubbs has revealed that there have been no offers for the 20-year-old during this transfer window and that none would be entertained by the Easter Road hierarchy.

Tells us this!

SaulGoodman
13-01-2016, 12:16 PM
Alan Stubbs has revealed that there have been no offers for the 20-year-old during this transfer window and that none would be entertained by the Easter Road hierarchy.

Tells us this!

That was the interesting bit :agree:

Jack Hackett
13-01-2016, 12:18 PM

Highly unlikely to feature in that game even if he signed today

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 12:18 PM

Tells us this!

That was the interesting bit :agree:

We know that, we also know Wolves are allegedly interested.

Lucius Apuleius
13-01-2016, 12:19 PM
We know that, we also know Wolves are allegedly interested.

I didn't know it. Nice to hear it from the boss.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 12:20 PM
I didn't know it. Nice to hear it from the boss.

Yes it's good. The wolves interest was on SSN a few days ago.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 12:30 PM
Wolves fans don't seem too keen. http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=95866

Salt N Sauzee
13-01-2016, 12:33 PM
Wolves fans don't seem too keen. http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=95866

http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/20889-jason-cummings/?page=1

Derby fans don't seem that fussed. A 7-page thread of puns.

Coults1875
13-01-2016, 12:41 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/7-reasons-why-celtic-s-anthony-stokes-should-move-to-hibs-1-3999686 :cb

My_Wife_Camille
13-01-2016, 12:42 PM
To be fair, if this guys quote about Griffiths is anything to go by, they don't have a clue what they're on about.

"He is small, weak and relatively slow. Bit nibble but won't be winning any races soon. Very one footed and useless in the air."

Edson Arantes
13-01-2016, 12:46 PM

Why do you say that?

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 12:46 PM

Read the first page then just gave up :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 12:47 PM

Why not? :confused:

Thecat23
13-01-2016, 12:48 PM
Why not? :confused:

Match fitness?

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 12:48 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/7-reasons-why-celtic-s-anthony-stokes-should-move-to-hibs-1-3999686 :cb

Seems like the media are trying to push this move through, or at the very least convince celtic and Stokes it should happen.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Match fitness?

Dagnall played the full 90 vs Raith. That was his first game. The only way to get match fitness is to play in games..

NAE NOOKIE
13-01-2016, 12:52 PM

F me .... that's 10 minutes I'll never get back, and I thought the puns on here were bad :greengrin

GreenArmyyy!
13-01-2016, 12:54 PM
I don't mind admitting I am an admin on the Fans News page. I have absolutely no interest in getting in to arguments or petty squabbles over who reported a transfer rumour for a football team first. Frankly it just isn't worth it. I have seen a few people have digs at Andy over the last year or two but don't always have time to post so have stayed quiet till now. Andy, myself and a few others help to run the Facebook page to give fans a different avenue to vent and to receive information about the club. None of us claim to be super fans or better than anybody else, the only reason we run the page is because we love living and breathing Hibs. We conduct interviews with the fans before and after the games then Andy spends hours upon hours collating them in to a fans diary each week for the fans. We are sponsoring Martin Boyle, Liam Fontaine and Islam Feruz this year. When we receive boots, strips etc they are auctioned off and all proceeds are donated to the Hibernian Community Foundation. This is only done because we love the club. None of the admin are PM's on here or know anybody that is. I myself did ask Mikey to sign me up to the pm board a year or two ago but there was some problem with the system and eventually I gave up on it. Whenever I post on the group (anybody on Facebook will be able to verify) if it is not my own info I state exactly where it came from. Andy does have his sources, so do I, some of it is second hand from ITK members of .net but I generally don't post them as I don't want to risk others getting in to trouble. We do get given info which at times we are told is strictly to be kept quiet so we don't generally post until somebody else has.
Fans news is a Facebook page for our fans to get together and talk Hibs. Regarding Andy allegedly copy and pasting info from the pm board, it would be good to see proof of that otherwise could it be that whoever you guys were referring to has the same source? As I said I'm not here to argue with anybody at all I just don't find it fair of individuals to sling accusations and insults at a guy you probably haven't met and know nothing about. If anybody wants to discuss a specific situation of copyright then absolutely feel free to pm me or ask Andy on Facebook. I hope this post is ok admin, feel free to remove if it isn't. GGTTH.

Prof. Shaggy
13-01-2016, 12:56 PM

To be perfectly honest, I'm amazed at the lack of a punning thread here.
As in - Hibs striker beats Seaman.

Sorry.

brog
13-01-2016, 12:59 PM

Tells us this!

Agreed! Tells me JC certainly isn't in talks with Derby!

Big_Franck
13-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Match fitness?

He is only going to get match fit by playing games though. IF he signs he'll be straight in to the first match day squad unless he is injured i'd have thought.

brog
13-01-2016, 01:00 PM
I don't mind admitting I am an admin on the Fans News page. I have absolutely no interest in getting in to arguments or petty squabbles over who reported a transfer rumour for a football team first. Frankly it just isn't worth it. I have seen a few people have digs at Andy over the last year or two but don't always have time to post so have stayed quiet till now. Andy, myself and a few others help to run the Facebook page to give fans a different avenue to vent and to receive information about the club. None of us claim to be super fans or better than anybody else, the only reason we run the page is because we love living and breathing Hibs. We conduct interviews with the fans before and after the games then Andy spends hours upon hours collating them in to a fans diary each week for the fans. We are sponsoring Martin Boyle, Liam Fontaine and Islam Feruz this year. When we receive boots, strips etc they are auctioned off and all proceeds are donated to the Hibernian Community Foundation. This is only done because we love the club. None of the admin are PM's on here or know anybody that is. I myself did ask Mikey to sign me up to the pm board a year or two ago but there was some problem with the system and eventually I gave up on it. Whenever I post on the group (anybody on Facebook will be able to verify) if it is not my own info I state exactly where it came from. Andy does have his sources, so do I, some of it is second hand from ITK members of .net but I generally don't post them as I don't want to risk others getting in to trouble. We do get given info which at times we are told is strictly to be kept quiet so we don't generally post until somebody else has.
Fans news is a Facebook page for our fans to get together and talk Hibs. Regarding Andy allegedly copy and pasting info from the pm board, it would be good to see proof of that otherwise could it be that whoever you guys were referring to has the same source? As I said I'm not here to argue with anybody at all I just don't find it fair of individuals to sling accusations and insults at a guy you probably haven't met and know nothing about. If anybody wants to discuss a specific situation of copyright then absolutely feel free to pm me or ask Andy on Facebook. I hope this post is ok admin, feel free to remove if it isn't. GGTTH.

Good post & good work. Strangely, I've never been able to find the FB page, do you have a link, or just guidance?

GreenArmyyy!
13-01-2016, 01:03 PM
Good post & good work. Strangely, I've never been able to find the FB page, do you have a link, or just guidance?

Can't seem to bring up a link but if you search Hibernian FC Fans News on Facebook you should be able to find us no problem. 😀

SausageSurprise
13-01-2016, 01:08 PM
F me .... that's 10 minutes I'll never get back, and I thought the puns on here were bad :greengrin

At the time of reading there was 69 posts

Thecat23
13-01-2016, 01:09 PM
Dagnall played the full 90 vs Raith. That was his first game. The only way to get match fitness is to play in games..

Yeah but has he been playing weekly with his old club? I don't think Stokes has and that would be the reason.

CallumLaidlaw
13-01-2016, 01:13 PM
Yeah but has he been playing weekly with his old club? I don't think Stokes has and that would be the reason.

I dont think Dagnall has played since the start of december. I realise stokes is longer for a 1st team game, but would presume he's been getting development games. He's at least been fit enough for Celtic to have him on the bench.

The Harp Awakes
13-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Understandably we're all getting a bit impatient to hear news. I have no inside information but based on everything I've read here and in the press, I think there must be a decent chance of Stokes coming to us. It looks like we want him and the player wants to come to us. The delay is likely to be due to haggling with Celtic over the proportion of wages we pay.

If that's the case, we need to be careful as there's several clubs after him who may be in a better position financially to stump up.

Thecat23
13-01-2016, 01:24 PM
I dont think Dagnall has played since the start of december. I realise stokes is longer for a 1st team game, but would presume he's been getting development games. He's at least been fit enough for Celtic to have him on the bench.

I'm not saying he shouldn't start btw, I just saying if he signed in time I would understand Stubbs wanting to maybe see him in training first to see his fitness levels. Id love Stokes to play soon as he is here.

HibbyKeith
13-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Understandably we're all getting a bit impatient to hear news. I have no inside information but based on everything I've read here and in the press, I think there must be a decent chance of Stokes coming to us. It looks like we want him and the player wants to come to us. The delay is likely to be due to haggling with Celtic over the proportion of wages we pay.

If that's the case, we need to be careful as there's several clubs after him who may be in a better position financially to stump up.

See what your saying regarding his wages, but the amount of clubs interested is irrelevant if Stokes only wanted to come to Hibs. Celtic would need to accept what Hibs were willing to pay or the alternative would be to continue paying all his wages as he see's out the rest of this season and eventually his contract with them, Stokes holds all the cards here.

Jack Hackett
13-01-2016, 01:28 PM

His last proper game was in August

.... And like the Cat, I'd love to see him play. Just think it 'unlikely'

silverhibee
13-01-2016, 01:37 PM
It's no as exciting as it seems we just talk about drink and garden fences.

C'mon Saul, that thread about posters on the MB is very funny. :greengrin

And we all know now never to re heat rice. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 01:38 PM

Look, stuff appeared on that Facebook or Twitter page that was virtually word for word what was on the PM board here first. When I asked how that information got on the page I was immediately banned from it. That, to me indicates a cover up and by posting what could be sensitive information could put itk posters and sources at risk of exposure therefor making them reluctant to post in the info in the future. Whether you were an admin at the time or not doesn't matter but it happened and it was wrong to post it. That's the last I will say about it on the matter.

silverhibee
13-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Just call me Andy...

74 or Gilles.

Hedlund12

Good response.
I am also a member of the fans news FB page and I enjoy the updates I read on it. (I am not an Admin.) I have also seen/read the digs at Andy and the page and I'll be honest I personally find it petty and disappointing.
I also enjoy reading updates on .net too. I like you tried to become a private member a couple of years ago but gave up for the same reasons. I did pay for the private membership, as I enjoyed reading the updates on here but I declined the opportunity to join the private membership group.

We are all Hibs fans at the end of the day. The "hibs family".

givescotlandfreedom
Stokes signs for Hibs.

Naughty man!

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Good response.
I am also a member of the fans news FB page and I enjoy the updates I read on it. (I am not an Admin.) I have also seen/read the digs at Andy and the page and I'll be honest I personally find it petty and disappointing.
I also enjoy reading updates on .net too. I like you tried to become a private member a couple of years ago but gave up for the same reasons. I did pay for the private membership, as I enjoyed reading the updates on here but I declined the opportunity to join the private membership group.

We are all Hibs fans at the end of the day. The "hibs family".

If you payed a tenner then you become a private member though. :confused:

silverhibee
13-01-2016, 01:42 PM
HAVE YOUR SAY

Has Stokes said this, or is the paper just assuming this.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 01:46 PM
Has Stokes said this, or is the paper just assuming this.

No quotes from any rep of either club silver.

Hedlund12
13-01-2016, 01:49 PM

I chose not to.

GreenArmyyy!
13-01-2016, 01:49 PM

I tried to do the same three or four times but the system wouldn't work properly.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 01:51 PM
I tried to do the same three or four times but the system wouldn't work properly.

It can be a little tricky to be honest. Best using PayPal.

Dalianwanda
13-01-2016, 01:51 PM

Cheers dude..I like the page and couldn't give a monkeys who heard what first..I appreciate the info on it, as well as the scoops/and near scoops the itk folk post on here..Unless PM's state its not to go any further then again I don't see the problem..People are too quick to create divisions..Whether here, bounce, Facebook or what ever...Were all Hibs and thats the important thing..:flag:

Thecat23
13-01-2016, 01:56 PM
Info is info, it folk don't want it getting out then it's fairly straight forward just don't post it. I don't mind if anything from me is put anywhere else. Recently I've been PM them and giving info that way.

Anything else I want to put up on the board I will but have no issue with that going anywhere else. I understand others will feel different and I wouldn't lift anyone else's info myself.

CallumLaidlaw
13-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Info is info, it folk don't want it getting out then it's fairly straight forward just don't post it. I don't mind if anything from me is put anywhere else. Recently I've been PM them and giving info that way.

Anything else I want to put up on the board I will but have no issue with that going anywhere else. I understand others will feel different and I wouldn't lift anyone else's info myself.

So where the hell have my PM's been????? :wink::greengrin

Thecat23
13-01-2016, 02:00 PM
So where the hell have my PM's been????? :wink::greengrin

Haha, I'll make sure I PM you first next time 😁👍🏼

CallumLaidlaw
13-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Haha, I'll make sure I PM you first next time 

Good lad :aok::greengrin

seanshow
13-01-2016, 02:07 PM
The player would be prevented from playing against his parent club should we meet them in either cup this season.

I think we can put that down as fact, amongst all these pages of who said what bs. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 02:09 PM
The player would be prevented from playing against his parent club should we meet them in either cup this season.

I think we can put that down as fact, amongst all these pages of who said what bs. :greengrin

Same with Henderson.

silverhibee
13-01-2016, 02:09 PM
No quotes from any rep of either club silver.

:aok:

California-Hibs
13-01-2016, 02:29 PM
It's rediculous how many times I've refreshed this page! Every few minutes!!

MB62
13-01-2016, 02:42 PM
Just signed, according to something on my Facebook page called 'Hibs Live'

California-Hibs
13-01-2016, 02:44 PM

Seen that, not sure how reliable that Is though..

Billychaotic182
13-01-2016, 02:46 PM

All the hibs Facebook pages will be saying done deal in the hope that when it is done they can say they knew all along. When it's done hibs will announce it

SouthMoroccoStu
13-01-2016, 02:50 PM

Hibs Live claim the source is a Hibs player - info received via text

Great news if true :thumbsup:

hibbypostie
13-01-2016, 02:52 PM
All the hibs Facebook pages will be saying done deal in the hope that when it is done they can say they knew all along. When it's done hibs will announce it

lol; here we go again all the facebook pages said but it hasn't been said on here has it

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Hibs Live claim the source is a Hibs player - info received via text

Great news if true :thumbsup:

I somehow suspect it isn't true......

Greenworld
13-01-2016, 03:01 PM
Hibs are holding off for a double announcement that Rabbit

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
13-01-2016, 03:02 PM
lol; here we go again all the facebook pages said but it hasn't been said on here has it

I'm not really sure what your point is. Hibs.net is a discussion forum where individual posters have said they believe something or other to be true. At no point have we as a site said Stokes is signing, that's what the guys who run these Facebook pages are 'announcing'. Not a criticism of them as they may well have info but comparing this site to them is oranges and apples.

Hibee87
13-01-2016, 03:03 PM
Super Joe Tortolano also tweeted it was a done deal and would be announced tomorrow......I always laugh when I read 'announced tomorrow' if it was done, it would be announced

SouthMoroccoStu
13-01-2016, 03:07 PM
I somehow suspect it isn't true......

The source or the signing?

Diclonius
13-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Super Joe Tortolano also tweeted it was a done deal and would be announced tomorrow......I always laugh when I read 'announced tomorrow' if it was done, it would be announced

I'm sure we've held off announcements before - timing or something.

Haymaker
13-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Haha, I'll make sure I PM you first next time 😁👍🏼

oi, where's my PM?

oneone73
13-01-2016, 03:14 PM
Wouldn't Celtc have a big say in the timing of any announcement?

Glesgahibby
13-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Are we there yet?!!

Dashing Bob S
13-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Whatever you think about Stokes and resigning him, it's great to see the club looking forward optimistically again. We've been wading through treacle since Mowbray (with the exception of very early Coliins and Yogi pt 1 - forget pt 2) and i'm enjoying associating 'Hibs' with concepts like 'future' and 'progress' once more.

CallumLaidlaw
13-01-2016, 03:22 PM
I'm not saying he shouldn't start btw, I just saying if he signed in time I would understand Stubbs wanting to maybe see him in training first to see his fitness levels. Id love Stokes to play soon as he is here.

empty your PM's!!! :greengrin

Aldo
13-01-2016, 03:23 PM
74 or Gilles.

Whoosh!! ;-)

Waxy
13-01-2016, 03:40 PM
My god just dae it. Is it no a done deal yet?

BSEJVT
13-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Haha, I'll make sure I PM you first next time 

I gave up on mines a long time ago :-)

Hermit Crab
13-01-2016, 03:41 PM

No. Be patient.

PatHead
13-01-2016, 03:46 PM

If he does come - and I hope he does- I think it will be later in the window rather than earlier. Celtic will want to get the best deal for them as I would expect Hibs to do with any of our players. They won't get rid just because the player wants the move without getting every penny they can squeeze out of us or wherever he ends up.

By the sounds of it Stokes wants to come here but if the stories at the time were right so did Leigh when we enquired about him.

Thecat23
13-01-2016, 03:48 PM
oi, where's my PM?

I'll tell you tonight when we're cuddling.

matty_f
13-01-2016, 03:49 PM
Folks, firstly thanks to the Fans Group guys for answering some of the comments on here.

Can we keep this thread on topic please.

Smartie
13-01-2016, 03:51 PM
Whatever you think about Stokes and resigning him, it's great to see the club looking forward optimistically again. We've been wading through treacle since Mowbray (with the exception of very early Coliins and Yogi pt 1 - forget pt 2) and i'm enjoying associating 'Hibs' with concepts like 'future' and 'progress' once more.

Good post.

It is indeed a much better feeling turning your nose up at Anthony Stokes because he might be trouble to trying to get excited about Rowan Vine.

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2016, 03:55 PM
I love the pm board for titbits, some of the information has come off and others not. What i do believe from 2 or 3 certain posters, is their information is correct at the time they have posted it.

Things do go wrong, but when posted i believe from them its done from very good information.

What i dont think they should do though, is ask if this will be kept on the pm board, if the information is written on this message board, pm or main. Anyone can read it if they have paid a tenner, they may not put that information out there knowingly, but just telling one person can lead to that information going anywhere.

Its not a secret anymore if its printed on a message board, pm or not.

Thecat23
13-01-2016, 03:56 PM
empty your PM's!!! :greengrin

Will do it soon as I'm in 👍🏼

high bee
13-01-2016, 03:59 PM
If he does come - and I hope he does- I think it will be later in the window rather than earlier. Celtic will want to get the best deal for them as I would expect Hibs to do with any of our players. They won't get rid just because the player wants the move without getting every penny they can squeeze out of us or wherever he ends up.

By the sounds of it Stokes wants to come here but if the stories at the time were right so did Leigh when we enquired about him.

If I were them I'd be driving him to ER tonight. We won't be able to match the wages of the English clubs but they will know that come the summer he will be right in the shop window and may attract a decent fee, we always get a lot of interest in our squad and a track record of people moving on for a decent fee. (Every time we have a decent player they get touted in the press as going out the door)

If he goes to the English championship they may pay more wages but he's more likely to sit on the bench or not get shown up if his fitness isn't there and they will end up having him in the stands for another year.

YehButNoBut
13-01-2016, 04:10 PM
This was just on STV site. doesn't sound close to a done deal yet.

Ronny Deila tells Hibs they face competition in Stokes loan chase

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/1338953-ronny-deila-tells-hibs-they-face-competition-in-stokes-loan-chase/

The Irishman is free to leave the Scottish champions this month on loan, and Hibs have confirmed formal talks have begun.
Stokes former boss John Hughes wants to link up with the forward again and keep him in the Scottish Premiership while clubs in England are also monitoring the situation.
The 27-year-old scored 22 goals in the capital six years ago and Stubbs is keen for the player to return to the capital to help his teams top flight promotion bid.

"We think he will go on loan," Deila said ahead of Friday night's trip to Dundee United.
"He has some options but together with Stokesy we haven't decided what is the right one yet.
"A lot of clubs have been in contact who want to have Stokesy on their team.
"We will see what Anthony wants and what is best for the club. He is happy to go out on loan. He wants to get some games under his belt.
"It's important for everybody he finds himself, gets some good performances and can then perform for Celtic again.
"Does he still have a Celtic future? Yeah, everybody has that.
"He has a contract with the club and Stokesy knows the things he has to take care of.
"Hopefully he will get a good run of games, score some goals and get back in good confidence and the best shape he can be in."

Golden Bear
13-01-2016, 04:17 PM

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/1338953-ronny-deila-tells-hibs-they-face-competition-in-stokes-loan-chase/

The Irishman is free to leave the Scottish champions this month on loan, and Hibs have confirmed formal talks have begun.
Stokes former boss John Hughes wants to link up with the forward again and keep him in the Scottish Premiership while clubs in England are also monitoring the situation.
The 27-year-old scored 22 goals in the capital six years ago and Stubbs is keen for the player to return to the capital to help his teams top flight promotion bid.

"We think he will go on loan," Deila said ahead of Friday night's trip to Dundee United.
"He has some options but together with Stokesy we haven't decided what is the right one yet.
"We will see what Anthony wants and what is best for the club. He is happy to go out on loan. He wants to get some games under his belt.
"It's important for everybody he finds himself, gets some good performances and can then perform for Celtic again.
"He has a contract with the club and Stokesy knows the things he has to take care of.
"Hopefully he will get a good run of games, score some goals and get back in good confidence and the best shape he can be in."

I'm still in the not "too fussed" camp but the fact that formal negotiations are ongoing suggests that a deal could still be struck.

WhileTheChief..
13-01-2016, 04:21 PM
In negotiations eh? Total faith that LD will pull this off :)

Absolutely buzzing at this. Brilliant.

Waxy
13-01-2016, 04:30 PM

By the sounds of it Stokes wants to come here but if the stories at the time were right so did Leigh when we enquired about him.I'd rather it was done asap either way.If it falls through late in the transfer window we then go into panic buy mode and are left with scraps.I wouldn't want us bringing in someone just for the sake of it.

AlbertK86
13-01-2016, 04:33 PM
Can't seem to bring up a link but if you search Hibernian FC Fans News on Facebook you should be able to find us no problem. dde00

Do you have a Twitter account as well ?

Haymaker
13-01-2016, 04:38 PM
I'll tell you tonight when we're cuddling.

Cheers babe

happiehibbie
13-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Rumour has it it's the wage that is holding deal up ! Hibs want to pay 3k a week Celtic want 5 k

AlbertK86
13-01-2016, 04:42 PM
As someone else mentioned we all thought it was a done deal with Griffiths previously and Celtic scuppered it.

Sounds by the tone of Their managers statement that it may happen again

Hope not as think he will score plenty if he returns

S4uzee
13-01-2016, 04:47 PM
As someone else mentioned we all thought it was a done deal with Griffiths previously and Celtic scuppered it.

I got the same impression. Hopefully not

SeanWilson
13-01-2016, 04:49 PM

From the little I've seen of Deila, he comes across as a grade A roaster.

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Like I've been saying - loose ends.

SouthMoroccoStu
13-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Like I've been saying - loose ends.
Hope we can kick it over the line

theonlywayisup
13-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Hope we can kick it over the line

Hope so! Hopefully more effective in crossing the line than this guy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35302469

Jonnyboy
13-01-2016, 05:37 PM

Can't help but wonder what influence John Collins is having in this scenario

Michael
13-01-2016, 05:41 PM

I heard on the radio that LG wanted to stay and fight for his place.

Personally though, I don't think we'll sign Stokes. We've seen all this 'so and so has signed' stuff before and it's been a load of nonsense. RD said there are multiple clubs interested, so from my perspective I think it's unlikely.

Waxy
13-01-2016, 05:47 PM
I heard on the radio that LG wanted to stay and fight for his place.

Personally though, I don't think we'll sign Stokes. We've seen all this 'so and so has signed' stuff before and it's been a load of nonsense. RD said there are multiple clubs interested, so from my perspective I think it's unlikely.Bet you've pooped a few parties.

Thecat23
13-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Been doing a bit digging tonight see if Stokes deal is on or off. Getting same reply that he'll be here and looks forward to working with Stubbs. So I'll be very surprised if he does end up somewhere else.

Stubbs seems to be the pull in this after Henderson and Dylan been giving him praise.

Ozyhibby
13-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Been doing a bit digging tonight see if Stokes deal is on or off. Getting same reply that he'll be here and looks forward to working with Stubbs. So I'll be very surprised if he does end up somewhere else.

Stubbs seems to be the pull in this after Henderson and Dylan been giving him praise.

Henderson and Dylan probably just want the money back they lent him.

Borderhibbie76
13-01-2016, 05:58 PM

Cheers TC that makes me feel a lot more confident as ur never normally far away from truth

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
13-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Henderson and Dylan probably just want the money back they lent him.

😂😂 This actually really made me laugh.

Niffy
13-01-2016, 06:07 PM
I hope I'm wrong but this deal gives me a Kris Boyd feel.... throwing way too much expectation on him.

Onion
13-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Rumour has it it's the wage that is holding deal up ! Hibs want to pay 3k a week Celtic want 5 k

Holding the deal up ??

So that's a whole 18 weeks at £2k extra = £36,000. Hibs should be thankful that Stokes is prepared to even consider coming to Hibs in the Champ.

tamig
13-01-2016, 06:11 PM
I'd rather it was done asap either way.If it falls through late in the transfer window we then go into panic buy mode and are left with scraps.I wouldn't want us bringing in someone just for the sake of it.

I don't think there's any evidence to suggest that Stubbs would go about his business in this way. I don't think the phrase "panic buy" is in his vocabulary.

Waxy
13-01-2016, 06:17 PM
I don't think there's any evidence to suggest that Stubbs would go about his business in this way. I don't think the phrase "panic buy" is in his vocabulary.Yes i don't think Stubbs would panic buy either.We could do with a boost this transfer window though and Stokes would be it.Just saying i hope we can get a good alternative should this not happen.

Andy74
13-01-2016, 06:24 PM
Cheers TC that makes me feel a lot more confident as ur never normally far away from truth

It's a bit early to be pished!

Borderhibbie76
13-01-2016, 06:31 PM
It's a bit early to be pished!
If you have nothing nice to say...maybe better saying nothing at all. Personally I've found a lot of TC's posts reliable...nobody gets everything right

dp00
13-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Social media is saying its a done deal , strangely the stadium floodlights were on for around an hour earlier .... Photos for his signing ???

Andy74
13-01-2016, 06:41 PM
If you have nothing nice to say...maybe better saying nothing at all. Personally I've found a lot of TC's posts reliable...nobody gets everything right

TC knows I love him.

GreenArmyyy!
13-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Do you have a Twitter account as well ?

Yep, it's hibsfansnews.

Joe6-2
13-01-2016, 06:53 PM
from the little i've seen of deila, he comes across as a grade a roaster.

this!

Borderhibbie76
13-01-2016, 06:54 PM
TC knows I love him.
😍😍😍

Borderhibbie76
13-01-2016, 06:55 PM

Cheers for the PM TC I did try replying but your Inbox is full 👍👍

Thecat23
13-01-2016, 06:56 PM
Cheers for the PM TC I did try replying but your Inbox is full 👍👍

No worries mate, I'll need to clear it tonight.👍🏼

Thecat23
13-01-2016, 06:57 PM
TC knows I love him.

Just stop sending the flowers, people are talking.

Islington Hibs
13-01-2016, 07:19 PM

Hope you are right but I doubt Celtic would loan him to us- would jeopardise the The Rangers return- too much money at stake to give us a leg up?

Thecat23
13-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Hope you are right but I doubt Celtic would loan him to us- would jeopardise the The Rangers return- too much money at stake to give us a leg up?

I still think the league will be changed anyway, so I don't think Celtic will worry about that.

Stuarty27
13-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Getting to the stage now the speculation is doing my tits in.

Just hope he signs for us or somebody else tomorrow so this all ends

HoboHarry
13-01-2016, 07:36 PM

Think this is one of these myths which are born on Hibs.net from time to time. Rangers are in so much doodoo that they will only have short term value to Celtic even if they do get promoted. Celtic will know that too.

Col2
13-01-2016, 07:41 PM
Chat I got today from someone I trust and is reasonably connected with Hibs is that this deal is not a done deal and while player and Hibs want it to happen, Celtic want him to go to another club.

View was that this could go to the wire which will make the decision on Anier interesting given that is meant to be this week.

B.H.F.C
13-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Chat I got today from someone I trust and is reasonably connected with Hibs is that this deal is not a done deal and while player and Hibs want it to happen, Celtic want him to go to another club.

View was that this could go to the wire which will make the decision on Anier interesting given that is meant to be this week.

As I think someone mentioned earlier, that sounds very similar to when we were meant to be getting Griffiths on loan last season.

AlbertK86
13-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Yep, it's hibsfansnews.

Ok thanks

Lee Marvin
13-01-2016, 07:47 PM

I reckon this is as close to the truth as I've heard. Makes sense and fits perfectly with delia's comments todsy.

Player power will prevail I think.

Col2
13-01-2016, 07:54 PM
I reckon this is as close to the truth as I've heard. Makes sense and fits perfectly with delia's comments todsy.

Your right. They can't make him go anywhere so still hopeful.

GordonHFC
13-01-2016, 07:58 PM

I agree. Don't think Stokes will do anything that makes Delia happy.

happiehibbie
13-01-2016, 08:17 PM
I still think the league will be changed anyway, so I don't think Celtic will worry about that.

Can you clear your mail pls ?

Thecat23
13-01-2016, 08:35 PM
Can you clear your mail pls ?

That's them cleared now 👍🏼

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2016, 09:05 PM
That's them cleared now 👍🏼

TC any word on the boy/man/veteran you told me was the rabbit out of the hat a couple of weeks ago?

Thecat23
13-01-2016, 09:22 PM
TC any word on the boy/man/veteran you told me was the rabbit out of the hat a couple of weeks ago?

Nothing at all since DH.

147lothian
13-01-2016, 10:04 PM
Im finding the whole Stokes saga even more tiresome than waiting for the Hibernian ball in the Scottish cup draw saga!

Eyrie
13-01-2016, 10:16 PM

Alternatively, if league reconstruction is on the cards then Celtc might like the idea of Sevco reaching the top flight through reconstruction rather than by winning the second tier. It would certainly appeal to their fans.

Jim44
13-01-2016, 10:44 PM
Alternatively, if league reconstruction is on the cards then Celtc might like the idea of Sevco reaching the top flight through reconstruction rather than by winning the second tier. It would certainly appeal to their fans.

Reconstruction is not on the cards, IMHO. Lip service will be paid but no action will be taken. The ugly sisters have already put their smokescreen into place, with Warburton saying he favours reconstruction and Delilah coming out against it. Clever, eh, no colliusion. In truth, they both really want the status quo, giving them at least four ugly sister derbies. Celtic's views will prevail and Sevco will be reluctantly, but inwardly purring, forced to accept the status quo. The only possible spanner in the works is the unlikely event of Sevco not getting promotion, in which case Celtic will concede defeat. That's my conspiracy theory anyway.:greengrin

silverhibee
13-01-2016, 10:50 PM

Hibs are never going to pay £3k never mind £5k.

silverhibee
13-01-2016, 10:53 PM
Social media is saying its a done deal , strangely the stadium floodlights were on for around an hour earlier .... Photos for his signing ???

Funnily enough so were Falkirk floodlights on when i passed earlier on tonight.

The plot thickens :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-01-2016, 10:58 PM
Must admit I wasn't too keen on him coming back but now... I really, really hope this happens. Can't help but think we will end up getting our hopes up though...

Ozyhibby
14-01-2016, 12:26 AM
Hibs are never going to pay £3k never mind £5k.

I doubt those figure are correct or Inverness would not be in the hunt.

Forza Fred
14-01-2016, 01:46 AM
Reports are that Celtc prefer he went on loan to England.

Sounds anything like a 'done deal' to me.

BroxburnHibee
14-01-2016, 04:01 AM
Can't help feeling the tic are leading us up a path exactly the same as a year ago.

Lucius Apuleius
14-01-2016, 06:03 AM
Holding the deal up ??

So that's a whole 18 weeks at £2k extra = £36,000. Hibs should be thankful that Stokes is prepared to even consider coming to Hibs in the Champ.

I would say that Stokes should be thankful Hibs are interested in him, not the other way around.

Hibbyradge
14-01-2016, 06:04 AM
Can't help feeling the tic are leading us up a path exactly the same as a year ago.

Exactly. I have no expectation that Stokes will come to Easter Road.

To be honest, that's perfectly fine. As long as we keep the current squad together, we will be good enough to win promotion.

snooky
14-01-2016, 07:35 AM
Bottom line is, Celtc more than likely want TRFC back in the big league (albeit in a weakened state) so they can get 4 OF matches and give them a good whipping into the bargain. Why would they want to strengthen us at this point? :dunno:

Heisenberg
14-01-2016, 07:40 AM
Deila has said this...

“He has some options and so do we,” said Deila. “He has to go on loan to play games and get running again. It hasn’t been decided what club but hopefully that will be very quick. It’s not only his decision, it has to be right for us but if he doesn’t want to go then it cannot happen. There has to be an agreement.”

Makes it sound like Stokes and Celtc don't quite agree on his destination as of yet.

GloryGlory
14-01-2016, 07:53 AM
Bottom line is, Celtc more than likely want TRFC back in the big league (albeit in a weakened state) so they can get 4 OF matches and give them a good whipping into the bargain. Why would they want to strengthen us at this point? :dunno:

'Cos they ken fine no matter what Hibs do, the refs will make sure Sevco will get enough dodgy decisions to win the league? :dunno: :wink:

MB62
14-01-2016, 07:55 AM
Deila has said this...

“He has some options and so do we,” said Deila. “He has to go on loan to play games and get running again. It hasn’t been decided what club but hopefully that will be very quick. It’s not only his decision, it has to be right for us but if he doesn’t want to go then it cannot happen. There has to be an agreement.”

Makes it sound like Stokes and Celtc don't quite agree on his destination as of yet.

Aye, that's very much the impression I get too. Stokes would like to come to Hibs but Deila wants him to go down South.
TBH, I can't really say I am worried one way or another. It really all depends on what Anthony Stokes we get, one that wants to get his head down and play fitba and get his career back on track, or one that is more interested in life off the park and could end up disrupting the dressing room. If it's the former then we would have made a very good signing because he is a class player, especially in our division.

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2016, 07:56 AM
Delia is talking sheite, i read its a done deal.

.Sean.
14-01-2016, 08:06 AM
Stokes is a good player who'd rip this league for arsepaper. I really don't have any time for his background or baggage but if he comes in and scores goals so be it. Lucky football supporters are allowed to be fickle :greengrin

Stokes will end up where he wants to end up, Celtic clearly want him out and only he can decide where he goes. If he digs his heels in and really want to sign for Hibs there's no much Celtic can do other than let him come to us or keep him in the stand.

Geo_1875
14-01-2016, 08:25 AM

I don't know if it's a done deal but whatever happens Delia will have no input to the decision. He's as likely to leave Celtc before Stokes.

The_Exile
14-01-2016, 08:34 AM
It's a done deal in the mind of Stokes IMO, he'll want to stay local and come play for us where a couple of his good mates are. Celtic probably don't want him to come here but when all's said and done a loan move destination involving a playersof Stokes ability is very much decided by the player and not the club. I think we'll see him signed til the end of the season but if not, wouldn't surprise me if he was kept at Celtic to sit in the stands.

sambajustice
14-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Surely with our special relationship (sic) with Ra Tic there should be no issue with Stokes coming to ER...

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2016, 08:44 AM
I don't know if it's a done deal but whatever happens Delia will have no input to the decision. He's as likely to leave Celtc before Stokes.

Of course you do, he's not signed for Hibs at this moment in time, so its clearly not a done deal at this time. :greengrin

Coults1875
14-01-2016, 08:47 AM
Just wish this transfer is sorted out so we can move on! Hopefully it works out to our benefit.

erin go bragh
14-01-2016, 08:48 AM

We will know soon enough but its looking like that BH .

GGTTH

ElginHibbie
14-01-2016, 08:48 AM
BBCBMcLauchlin ‏@BBCBMcLauchlin 1 minute ago
Mixu Paatelainen says Dundee Utd reach agreement with Celtic to sign Anthony Stokes on loan. Now up to the player to decide

Ozyhibby
14-01-2016, 08:52 AM
Big test of the players desire to come play for us and of Hibs desire to get him.

Onion
14-01-2016, 08:53 AM
The amount of coverage this is getting in the press is astonishing. Double page spreads about a bit player going on loan has never received so much attention. The Hun rags must be seriously worried 👍

Brightside
14-01-2016, 08:53 AM
Big test of the players desire to come play for us and of Hibs desire to get him.

He would be off his nut to go to Utd. Be lucky to score 3 or 4 goals...

Onion
14-01-2016, 08:54 AM
Mixu Paatelainen says Dundee Utd reach agreement with Celtic to sign Anthony Stokes on loan. Now up to the player to decide

So they met the £5 k a week price tag ?

SouthMoroccoStu
14-01-2016, 08:57 AM

Not exactly "down south"

Paisley Hibby
14-01-2016, 08:57 AM

I feel the only folk leading us up the garden path are those saying it's a "done deal". If he was my player and I was planning to sell him I'd want to have him playing on loan at the highest level possible to boost his eventual sale value. He might still come to us but only if Celtic give in to "player power" and so far they show no signs of doing so.

Andy74
14-01-2016, 08:58 AM
So they met the £5 k a week price tag ?

I wouldn't believe anyone chucking figures around on here.

Stevie Reid
14-01-2016, 09:00 AM
Doesn't sound too encouraging at first, though I can't see any way United will stay up this season. Hopefully, if he does have the option of coming to us, he'll fancy playing in a side that creates loads of chances, and plays in front of bigger crowds of happier fans - rather than being relegated.

CallumLaidlaw
14-01-2016, 09:03 AM
Mixu also says he feels Utd are NOT favourites to sign Stokes, and he has spoken to the player

flash
14-01-2016, 09:04 AM
Pretty sure he won't be our only target. Strikes me as one that came out of the blue and we are probably looking at others as well.

jacomo
14-01-2016, 09:06 AM

If we won't cover all his wages (how could we?) and another club will then it's not a done deal at all.

high bee
14-01-2016, 09:07 AM
Mixu will be hoping it's us or them so he can get Stokes or Anier back.

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 09:07 AM
But but, the Facebook pages are saying its a done deal............:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2016, 09:08 AM
If we won't cover all his wages (how could we?) and another club will then it's not a done deal at all.

:tee hee:

Hermit Crab
14-01-2016, 09:09 AM
Pretty sure he won't be our only target. Strikes me as one that came out of the blue and we are probably looking at others as well.

Every club has targets. Is just getting them to sign that's the problem.