PDA

View Full Version : Favourite stadium that isn't Easter Road

AngusHibby
08-01-2016, 08:45 AM
What's everyone's favourite stadium apart from Easter Road?

For me it's Glebe Park, home of Brechin City. Hedge running down the one side a couple tiny stands and a terrace. My earliest memories of watching football so it's an obvious choice for me, but the place has a nice character about it. The amount of balls that used to get lost over the hedge side was outrageous.

JimBHibees
08-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Always quite like going to East End park as much to do with the proximity in terms of easy to get to and away from.

brog
08-01-2016, 08:58 AM
PBS on 1/1/73!

O'Rourke3
08-01-2016, 09:02 AM
I liked Muirton Park. Most confortable has to be Ayebrokes. Not where we end up now but remember the semis vs Celtic in the cup and been in the club deck a couple of times including the Darren Jackson penalty win. Great views and a little like our own these days.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Tom Hart RIP
08-01-2016, 09:16 AM
PBS on 1/1/73!

And 19/12/99

Pretty Boy
08-01-2016, 09:26 AM
I like Palmerston Park. Old fashioned ground that still retains a bit charm as opposed to being just run down.

For modern stadiums Wembley takes some beating, it's a quite brilliant stadium.

Nameless
08-01-2016, 09:26 AM
I loved Brockville, especially the away enclosure opposite the main stand. It had a really low roof, it was all terracing, and you were separated from the home end by a cage and only a few feet of empty space - always made for a superb atmosphere.

Waxy
08-01-2016, 09:30 AM
The old tannadice terracing.So steep it felt like you needed a safety harness.

Sylar
08-01-2016, 09:31 AM
Favourite stadium experience was a random away game at Gayfield on one of the coldest January nights on record. Arbroath vs Ayr United - it was so cold (and the stadium empty enough) that most people were walking counterclockwise around the terraces to keep warm. It was like a circle-pit with a football match going on in the middle - the players looked somewhat bemused by the entire experience.

Favourite stadium probably isn't a football stadium but a baseball one, Wrigley Field. Just walking into the stadium on gameday is an experience loaded with a history that's arguably as painful as ours (even though I'm not a Cubbie, I can't help but feel for their fans!).

TamHibs
08-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Have to say Tincastle is my favourite ground out with ER due to the atmosphere generated during a derby, even better when it's a win for us :greengrin:greengrin

I've yet to visit a more impressive stadium than Old Trafford throughout the UK.

I hope to vist the Westfalenstadion as some point to take in a Dortmund match

linlithgowhibbie
08-01-2016, 09:46 AM
The old Firs Park. Not Motherwell but the old East Stirlingshire ground. Saw us will 5-3 there in the good old days.

Closely followed by Brockville and Prestonfield (Linlithgow Rose):agree:

green&left
08-01-2016, 09:47 AM
I like Palmerston Park. Old fashioned ground that still retains a bit charm as opposed to being just run down.

For modern stadiums Wembley takes some beating, it's a quite brilliant stadium.

Agree with both of those - quite enjoy Palmerston, don't mind Somerset park for similar reasons.

Wembley's magnificent. I was on the pitch for the boxing and the sheer size of the place is unreal, very impressive. Bernabeu is impressive aswell, height and steepness of the top tiers isn't for the faint hearted.

Ricky Bobby
08-01-2016, 10:03 AM
100% Wembley. Puts Hampden to shame.

St Pauli Hibee
08-01-2016, 10:27 AM
In Scotland has to be East End Park, we always take a big following through there and usually a good atmosphere

In UK probably the Emirates nothing comes close

In Europe being biased love the Millerntor Stadion (St Pauli) but the Allianz Arena is definitely something special

Juice-Terry
08-01-2016, 10:28 AM
The Boleyn Ground. Sadly soon to pass into memory only. :boo hoo:

GreenArmyyy!
08-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Somerset Park, the Scottish cup quarter final in 2012 under the old terracing was absolutely incredible!

MKHIBEE
08-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Watching Schalke at the Veltins Arena was one fantastic experience, right from arriving at the ground until after the match.My favourite non Hibs and Lincoln trip.

lord bunberry
08-01-2016, 11:16 AM
The old Brockville for me as well. I loved going there, you could get off the train and fall into one of the pubs and it was 5 mins to the ground. The atmosphere was always brilliant, the two games there the last time we were relegated were legendary.

WeeRussell
08-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Hampden - due to the atmosphere and importance of games that I'm watching when I go there!

NAE NOOKIE
08-01-2016, 11:32 AM
Somerset Park, the Scottish cup quarter final in 2012 under the old terracing was absolutely incredible!

This for me too .... It was like being in a time warp, the place had barely changed from my time following Hibs to away games in the 70s & 80s, but you cant beat that old under the shed atmosphere you can still get there, even if the pace is a tip.

Of all time my favourite has to be Partick Thistle .... always a cracking atmosphere with both sets of fans sharing the shed opposite the main stand.

In fact if I win the lottery I'm going to knock down the FF and South at ER, move all the fancy stuff to the East, and replace both stands with old style sheds like the have at Ayr with standing for 3,500 in each stand ( Rail seats of course ) .... that'll put paid to any lack of atmosphere at ER :greengrin

Smartie
08-01-2016, 11:38 AM

I like Somerset Park as well.

Football how it used to be.

Allianz Arena is special and I have to say I really like St James Park in Newcastle, excellent ground and slap bang in the city centre so it makes for a great day out.

I love the Boleyn too and I'm gutted that West Ham are choosing to move from a ground that oozes character and has a great atmosphere to a big, soulless Olympic Stadium. It is a recipe for disaster imo as West Ham will lose a lot of what is cool about them.

Biggie
08-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Have to say Tincastle is my favourite ground out with ER due to the atmosphere generated during a derby, even better when it's a win for us :greengrin:greengrin

I've yet to visit a more impressive stadium than Old Trafford throughout the UK.

I hope to vist the Westfalenstadion as some point to take in a Dortmund match

Tynie when the hibs are winning...great atmosphere, and good to see 3 other stands quiet as mice.
I enjoy going to east end park too.....dunno why.
The san siro is pretty impressive with the flags chanting and flares....

magnificent_seven
08-01-2016, 11:50 AM
What's everyone's favourite stadium apart from Easter Road?

For me it's Glebe Park, home of Brechin City. Hedge running down the one side a couple tiny stands and a terrace. My earliest memories of watching football so it's an obvious choice for me, but the place has a nice character about it. The amount of balls that used to get lost over the hedge side was outrageous.

Been to the Westfalen a few times and been standing in the "yellow wall" behind the goals. Nothing compares to that atmosphere, it is unbelievable.

UK wise, loved Craven Cottage when I was there a few weeks back, great old fashioned ground that sits right on the Thames.

Smartie
08-01-2016, 11:51 AM
This for me too .... It was like being in a time warp, the place had barely changed from my time following Hibs to away games in the 70s & 80s, but you cant beat that old under the shed atmosphere you can still get there, even if the pace is a tip.

Of all time my favourite has to be Partick Thistle .... always a cracking atmosphere with both sets of fans sharing the shed opposite the main stand.

In fact if I win the lottery I'm going to knock down the FF and South at ER, move all the fancy stuff to the East, and replace both stands with old style sheds like the have at Ayr with standing for 3,500 in each stand .... that'll put paid to any lack of atmosphere at ER :greengrin

I'd be well up for that. :greengrin

They could do Scottish football a big favour by knocking down a lot of the crap that was thrown up in the nineties to comply with the Taylor report and replacing the new stands with piss-soaked covered terraces again.

Get a bit of the old atmosphere back.

Funny nobody's mentioned Broomfield or Boghead yet eh?

The_Exile
08-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Somerset Park for me, it's an incredible stadium, full of character and just absolutely love the place, I always try and get through a couple of times every season just incase they decide to yank the thing down. Like Tynecastle aswell but it might be because the sense of occasion it has when we go to visit, I know a lot of jambos who feel the same about ER.

nellio
08-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Millenium stadium in Cardiff for me. Incredible when full especially if the roof is closed.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-01-2016, 12:13 PM
The Boleyn Ground. Sadly soon to pass into memory only. :boo hoo:

Beat me to it, especially for a match at night. Will miss it when it goes.

Bayern Bru
08-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Stadion An der Alten Försterei in Berlin - home of Union Berlin.

Some folk on here might have been there for that pre-season game.

90% standing, 110% atmosphere. Belter of a stadium.

erin go bragh
08-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Wouldn't say I've got a favourite but always liked the terracing at the PBS ( when we were in the opposite end )
Enjoyed most clubs terracing in the 80s tbh .
Games at Dumbarton's old Bog Head stadium were sureal when the fans I the terraces swapped ends at half time :)
GGTTH

DarrenSQH
08-01-2016, 12:56 PM
The Superdome for me. Been twice and its superb. Only wembley has came close for me.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2016, 01:00 PM

Had the best bratwurst ever at that game.....(more than 1 actually)

Always liked Maribor stadium, good atmosphere....Den Haag was nice, just a trek to get to..............

.Sean.
08-01-2016, 01:23 PM
I was at Anfield for a Liverpool Chelsea game a few years back, was the game Suarez bit Ivanovic. About ten yards away from the Chelsea supporters... Not a fan of either team but was some atmosphere.

Up here I especially like the trips to Ibrox, Tynecastle, Fir Park and Tannadice. Really enjoyed Palmerston Park the last few years and the trips to Ayr in the cups in recent years have been something different. Inverness is a tidy wee ground and always makes for a brilliant trip away on the bevvy if nothing else.

Absolutely hate St Mirren Park, St Johnstone, Dumbarton etc, just any those souless new Lego set stadiums really. Holes.

Sudds_1
08-01-2016, 01:24 PM
East End Park for me..........good views of the pitch, good atmosphere and the best steak bridies in Scotland. Nice wee tuck shop as well............not often you get fresh doughnuts and cakes alongside your Bovril!

bigwheel
08-01-2016, 01:35 PM
East End Park for me..........good views of the pitch, good atmosphere and the best steak bridies in Scotland. Nice wee tuck shop as well............not often you get fresh doughnuts and cakes alongside your Bovril!

There are disturbing rumours that they don't sell these any more! I agree though - good place to watch a match

BroxburnHibee
08-01-2016, 01:38 PM
Somerset is a good shout.

I always enjoyed the old Celtic Park. Can't stand the new one.

norwayhibs
08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
Westfallen stadium in Dortmund. The atmosphere is absolutely fantastic. 81000 at every Bundesliga home game.

SteveHFC
08-01-2016, 04:24 PM
Hampden - due to the atmosphere and importance of games that I'm watching when I go there!

This. Some great memories wathcihg Hibs and Scotland at Hampden.:thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
08-01-2016, 04:27 PM

Yup, I was over for that game, managed to get stuck in the home end behind the goals and they wouldn't open the gates to let the 3 of us walk round. Still had a great time with beer on the terraces and the locals were great. Swapped a scarf with one of them as well.

Hermit Crab
08-01-2016, 04:27 PM
There are disturbing rumours that they don't sell these any more! I agree though - good place to watch a match

They didn't for a while but they do now. :aok:

Hermit Crab
08-01-2016, 04:28 PM
I like tynecastle, always a good atmosphere in a derby.

DH1875
08-01-2016, 05:15 PM
A few German stadiums getting a mention. Surprised none of the big Spanish stadiums have yet as know a few of us have been to at least one.

majorhibs
08-01-2016, 05:31 PM
A few German stadiums getting a mention. Surprised none of the big Spanish stadiums have yet as know a few of us have been to at least one.

Aye Spain has some good uns, Mestalla is my current fave, nae mention of the Maracana, new one is OK but that auld yin before the redevelopment for the World Cup, there will never be another place like that, truly a lgendary place that just had that special feel all about it... but E.R. is home.

Joe6-2
08-01-2016, 05:38 PM
And 19/12/99

Never, ever!😩

micksoo
08-01-2016, 05:47 PM
the old Wembley, fantastic atmosphere!

Keith_M
08-01-2016, 05:47 PM
My favourite away days were in the terracing era: Tannadice, Fir Park and East End Park. Used to always get a good sing-song going at each of them.

emerald green
08-01-2016, 05:52 PM
I liked Anfield when the Kop was still terracing. An amazing atmosphere, especially for the many midweek European ties.

Joe6-2
08-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Out with watching Hibs, Allianz arena, great, beers on the terracing, nice beer too!! very civilised!🍺

micksoo
08-01-2016, 06:30 PM

Keith_M
08-01-2016, 06:39 PM

Sadly it was a realy cr*p stadiium to actually watch the game.

I only ever stood behind the goals and could hardly see the pitch

bigwheel
08-01-2016, 06:44 PM
They didn't for a while but they do now. :aok:

Phew !!! [emoji1]

Killiehibbie
08-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Sadly it was a realy cr*p stadiium to actually watch the game.

I only ever stood behind the goals and could hardly see the pitchWembley was much like Hampden from behind the goals, not much point in being there other than for the atmosphere.

Torto7062
08-01-2016, 07:04 PM
To be fair I do like Pittodrie had some good away days whether it's been by bus or train..needless to say half the time I cannae mind the score on the trip home

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
08-01-2016, 07:14 PM
To be fair I do like Pittodrie had some good away days whether it's been by bus or train..needless to say half the time I cannae mind the score on the trip home

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
The beech end at pittodrie was brilliant

Itsnoteasy
08-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Powderhall for me.
Cmon trap 1

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-01-2016, 07:54 PM
Loved Broomfield and that funny novelty stand.

Spike Mandela
08-01-2016, 07:59 PM

Hate Hampden, lacks atmosphere, stands too far from pitch, horrible to get to, nae decent pubs nearby, the cheapest makeover of all home nations and so neutral it has a Rangers end and a Celtic end.

majorhibs
08-01-2016, 08:15 PM
Hate Hampden, lacks atmosphere, stands too far from pitch, horrible to get to, nae decent pubs nearby, the cheapest makeover of all home nations and so neutral it has a Rangers end and a Celtic end.

Aye you got it- seriously who thinks highly (or even moderately) on what they have made into our national stadium?

CRAZYHIBBY
08-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Tynecastle for me......its so bad i just can't stop laughing at it

marinello59
08-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Griffin Park, Brentford. Just a nice wee ground.

monktonharp
08-01-2016, 09:13 PM
Somerset Park, the Scottish cup quarter final in 2012 under the old terracing was absolutely incredible!one of my favourites too. that game was brilliant as well. Also like Palmerston,as mentioned by previous poster.

monktonharp
08-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Griffin Park, Brentford. Just a nice wee ground.was there a couple of years ago, loved it , with the auld terracing and able to buy beer at half time. the pub almoswt next to it was a star wars bar! wummin' wi' cockney accents screaming at the kids.....get orf that ' table yoos!:greengrin

Squealing pig
08-01-2016, 09:33 PM
Newtown park

Lancs Harp
08-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Griffin Park, Brentford. Just a nice wee ground.

Great shout, pub on each corner of the ground. Its days sadly numbered though.

Lago
08-01-2016, 09:38 PM
:top marks
Loved Broomfield and that funny novelty stand.

Pete
08-01-2016, 09:49 PM
Ross County's ground has a nice feel to it and is in a beautiful part of the country.

Favourite old grounds would be Hampden and Tynecastle. Proper old school terracing.

Wheat Hound
08-01-2016, 09:58 PM
The new Dumbarton stadium for the surrounding scenery only 😀

trev the hat
08-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Boghead, Love St, Broomfiel & Firhill all great terraces where fans met at half way line and some of the banter with the songs were priceless. Muirton Park worth a shout too.

WeeRussell
08-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Aye you got it- seriously who thinks highly (or even moderately) on what they have made into our national stadium?

"Hampden - due to the atmosphere and importance of games that I'm watching when I go there!" :rolleyes:

I'm perfectly aware there are some not very nice things about Glasgow.

Loopz
08-01-2016, 10:37 PM
Flying to Rome for Roma v Milan game tomorrow at Stadio Olimpica with Gyle hibby. Atmosphere at last years Lazio game was incredible. The fire crackers give you a fright every time. I Really should be sleeping.

WeeRussell
08-01-2016, 10:41 PM

Best football atmospheres I've experienced have come at Hampden. (both for Hibs and Scotland)

I do agree re getting to the stadium/pubs. you might as well throw weegie Polis into that.

But if we're talking about how easy it i to get to stadiums - the Bernabeau is a sh**e hole too! :greengrin

HibbyKeith
08-01-2016, 10:48 PM
After going to a MLS game there while on holiday last year its Orlando's Citrus Bowl for me.

It's only being used by Orlando City while they are constructing their new stadium. The atmosphere was superb, supported by beer served at your seat.

It's probably more about the overall experience of football in a sunny climate which was no doubt boosted by my holiday mode mood.

Loved it though. http://www.cityoforlando.net/venues/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/02/Orlando-City-3.8.15-MLS-season-opener-at-Citrus-Bowl.jpg

WeeRussell
08-01-2016, 10:57 PM
I've also been to Werder Bremen's stadium for a match before.

It is a neat wee stadium but it's the relationship and positioning with the City that I really loved. Home fans all marching up to the game from the town centre on a Saturday, drinking en route! The football team really does mean a lot to the city, and the pubs during matchday are excellent.

And they play in Green with 500 miles belting out the PA system :flag:

Mibbes Aye
08-01-2016, 11:16 PM
Flying to Rome for Roma v Milan game tomorrow at Stadio Olimpica with Gyle hibby. Atmosphere at last years Lazio game was incredible. The fire crackers give you a fright every time. I Really should be sleeping.

Have a good trip W, sounds excellent :aok:

I always enjoyed the trips to Starks' Park, the game towards the end of the Duffy/McLeish relegation season was a memorable day and night out, despite the result :greengrin

My other favourite was Boghead when we played Clydebank there in 98-99.

The ground was a post-apocalyptic wasteland, like something out of a '70s disaster movie, when the prisoners break free in Logan's Run or when Charlton Heston discovers the remnants of civilisation in the Planet of the Apes films.

Long raking terracing, with weeds as high as your waist and the constant nagging fear that zombies or mutant apes would attack on your flank, to the cheers of the handful of Bankie fans :greengrin

monarch
08-01-2016, 11:31 PM
100% Wembley. Puts Hampden to shame.

Hampden didn't get the government handout that Wembley did which was originally intended to be an all encompassing sports stadium. Having said that I hate Hampden ( 1972, 1991and 2007 excepted!)

MWHIBBIES
09-01-2016, 04:33 AM
Hate Hampden, lacks atmosphere, stands too far from pitch, horrible to get to, nae decent pubs nearby, the cheapest makeover of all home nations and so neutral it has a Rangers end and a Celtic end.Don't forget absolutely awful view.

GreenLake
09-01-2016, 05:02 AM
https://vimeo.com/141447156

Lucius Apuleius
09-01-2016, 06:14 AM
Annfield for the memories. On the park having a kick about at half time. Great times.

HiBremian
09-01-2016, 06:58 AM
I've also been to Werder Bremen's stadium for a match before.

It is a neat wee stadium but it's the relationship and positioning with the City that I really loved. Home fans all marching up to the game from the town centre on a Saturday, drinking en route! The football team really does mean a lot to the city, and the pubs during matchday are excellent.

And they play in Green with 500 miles belting out the PA system :flag:

Can see it out of my bedroom window as I type :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigKev
09-01-2016, 07:39 AM
Hillsborough. Traditional old stadium, great atmosphere.

Been to a rake abroad with Hibs and Scotland. Anderlecht's stadium was brilliant at the time, Westfalen a cracking atmosphere, Wembley been done up to a great standard but Emirates is slightly better IMO and quite liked Elfsborg's little ground.

Biggest disappointment was the San Siro which was a hole.

Colr
09-01-2016, 07:43 AM
I used to like Firhill in Glasgow.

sbell1875
09-01-2016, 07:56 AM
Volunteer Park, home of the great Armadale Thistle Juniors! :)

Hibby Bairn
09-01-2016, 08:11 AM
East End Park. First game of the season circa 1990 (maybe late 80s). 27 degrees. Home and away fans split at half way line. Terracing. Shed. Finished 3-3.

Magic.

Hibrandenburg
09-01-2016, 08:14 AM
Bayer Leverkusen's BayArena stadium has gas heating in the roof. In winter you leave with a suntan.

lucky
09-01-2016, 08:15 AM
Any away European trip is generally excellent. New ground, town & country but I like ICT away for the trip especially on a Saturday

scoopyboy
09-01-2016, 08:25 AM
East End Park. First game of the season circa 1990 (maybe late 80s). 27 degrees. Home and away fans split at half way line. Terracing. Shed. Finished 3-3.

Magic.

Remember that one very well.

Went across wi Brooster in my snazzy black Ford Capri. For bowlers we watched Tranent's Graham Robertson winning the Scottish singles at Queens Park live on the tele in the Elizabethan before heading up to the game.

Next game we beat Rangers 1-0 at ER with a John Collins goal IIRC.

stantonhibby
09-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Remember that one very well.

Went across wi Brooster in my snazzy black Ford Capri. For bowlers we watched Tranent's Graham Robertson winning the Scottish singles at Queens Park live on the tele in the Elizabethan before heading up to the game.

Next game we beat Rangers 1-0 at ER with a John Collins goal IIRC.

I remember the Dunfy game.....sticks in my mind that Mickey Weir had a great game.

southsider
09-01-2016, 09:05 AM
I loved the old Muirton Park (old home of St. Johnstone). We always played well there and Rourky always scored.

CyberSauzee
09-01-2016, 09:21 AM
PBS on 1/1/73!

Thought you might have said the 'executive boxes', Hayes Lane, Bromley 5/2/13 ;-) ?

Stantons Angel
09-01-2016, 10:08 AM
i love going to East End Park a stadium of memories for me and when the away end is full its puts out a great atmosphere. Their hospitality is first class and affordable too.

The quaintest, was a wee bit of grass with goals on either side in sun drenched Tobago!

bigwheel
09-01-2016, 10:11 AM
I loved the old Muirton Park (old home of St. Johnstone). We always played well there and Rourky always scored.

and sometimes for them ;-)

DC_Hibs
09-01-2016, 10:18 AM
Bayer Leverkusen's BayArena stadium has gas heating in the roof. In winter you leave with a suntan.

...and they sell good quality Doner Kebabs in the away end.
Rank home support mind.

#SGE

Billychaotic182
09-01-2016, 10:20 AM
Bayview

Sproule Three
09-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Always liked Rugby Park at Kilmarnock pre Lego stands as well as East End Park and Somerset .
Sydney FC's Allianz Stadium is very good . Great pubs nearby and good atmosphere especially on Sydney derby day .

LancashireHibby
09-01-2016, 08:03 PM

The main stand was still being built when Hibs were there, but you could still tell it was a special place, much like Berlin itself. The fans were great, couldn't get enough of the Hibs fans and the boozing wasn't bad either.

My favourite though is the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, such a shame it isn't used for football very often these days. Watched Bolton twice there in the First Division Play Off Final in 2001 and Carling Cup Final in 2004, plus a Rugby League World Cup game in 2013. Great view now matter where you're sat, smack bang in the city centre with tons of pubs and a great atmosphere, even more so when the roof is closed.

Honourable mention for Fulham, cracking away day and a lot more relaxed than a lot of the other London grounds. Shame my next visit will be on the last day of the season for what is likely to be Bolton's last Championship game.

As for Scottish grounds, there really isn't a lot that can match Tynecastle on derby day, though I obviously have to mention Palmerston purely for it being so easy to drive to from down here.

Phil MaGlass
10-01-2016, 08:20 AM
Watching Schalke at the Veltins Arena was one fantastic experience, right from arriving at the ground until after the match.My favourite non Hibs and Lincoln trip.

I was going to post Schalke aswell, great pre match, training grounds, excellent club shop, stadium is immense, bars all round outside of stadium, great views inside. Excellent.

majorhibs
10-01-2016, 09:42 AM
"Hampden - due to the atmosphere and importance of games that I'm watching when I go there!" :rolleyes:

I'm perfectly aware there are some not very nice things about Glasgow.

Theres just about everything wrong wi the weedge, starting wi weedgies & escalating, but anyone who thinks Hampden is a ground fit for the Scottish support or for national finals is way out there on the chloroform. The point is, the S/GFA made a complete james hunt of bulding a stadium for Scottish football. & now they wont admit to their past errors & rectify it. Total waste, is Hampden.

Hibiza
10-01-2016, 09:03 PM
Kilbowie ( clydebank ). Stopping trains and plastic school chairs.

fulshie
10-01-2016, 09:11 PM
Dortmund stadium for me. Av never done the Easter Road Stadium tour and I know £10 a tour isn't a lot of money but, is it worth it and what do you get if you don't mind me asking. Am guessing a tour of the trophy room, the changing rooms, and a trip round the playing park.

Hibiza
10-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Dortmund stadium for me. Av never done the Easter Road Stadium tour and I know £10 a tour isn't a lot of money but, is it worth it and what do you get if you don't mind me asking. Am guessing a tour of the trophy room, the changing rooms, and a trip round the playing park.n thats not bad.

fulshie
10-01-2016, 09:28 PM
n thats not bad.I agree, if that's what you get for £10 but, am guessing that, that's what you get.

Lucius Apuleius
11-01-2016, 07:54 AM
Theres just about everything wrong wi the weedge, starting wi weedgies & escalating, but anyone who thinks Hampden is a ground fit for the Scottish support or for national finals is way out there on the chloroform. The point is, the S/GFA made a complete james hunt of bulding a stadium for Scottish football. & now they wont admit to their past errors & rectify it. Total waste, is Hampden.

Agreed, however was it not something to do with the amount of money we had? Did England not get mega millions to rebuild Wembley and we got a pitiful amount in comparison? Not sure where the Taffs got the money from.

JimBHibees
11-01-2016, 08:09 AM
Don't forget absolutely awful view.

Hampen is a truly atrocious stadium. The main stand is good the rest is awful particularly both ends of the ground, too far away from the pitch and too shallow. Compare it with the Millenium stadium or Murrayfield for that matter and see what it could have been. Would happily bulldoze the place and use Murrayfield IMO.

JimBHibees
11-01-2016, 08:10 AM
Dortmund stadium for me. Av never done the Easter Road Stadium tour and I know £10 a tour isn't a lot of money but, is it worth it and what do you get if you don't mind me asking. Am guessing a tour of the trophy room, the changing rooms, and a trip round the playing park.

Have done a tour it is very good and well worth doing. Very impressive stadium and much better facilities that Anfield for example.

hibs0666
11-01-2016, 09:00 AM

The worst thing about people from Edinburgh is the casual stereotyping IMHO. Closely followed by the shhiite nightlife.

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2016, 09:21 AM
Bloomfield Road when they were gaining promotion and the season they were in the Premiership was a very special stadium, with a fantastic atmosphere.

nellio
11-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Not sure where the Taffs got the money from.

Millenium commission mostly: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Commission#Examples_of_projects_funded lottery as well I think.

I should give a shout to the Rome Olympic stadium. Was there in 2005 to see Roma V AC Milan, sensational atmosphere.

majorhibs
11-01-2016, 01:30 PM
The worst thing about people from Edinburgh is the casual stereotyping IMHO. Closely followed by the shhiite nightlife.

Best thing about the weedge is the real dead barry in your face types who never tire of tellin you glesga is the friendliest place in the world while trying to get you to buy them a drink. Give you the nightlife tho, leaps & bounds from 20 years ago, weedge tops it there.

iwasthere1972
11-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Loved going to East End Park in the late 60's and early 70's even although it snowed most of the time. That's when the cold weather wasn't a problem and I didn't need gloves, a hat and a thermal vest like nowadays.

hibs0666
11-01-2016, 01:52 PM
Best thing about the weedge is the real dead barry in your face types who never tire of tellin you glesga is the friendliest place in the world while trying to get you to buy them a drink. Give you the nightlife tho, leaps & bounds from 20 years ago, weedge tops it there.

I've never had anyone in Glasgow in my face telling me how friendly they are, or had anyone trying to cadge a bevvy, and absolutely I guarantee you 100% that I've had more experience on the lash in Glasgow than you. :wink:

majorhibs
11-01-2016, 02:49 PM
I've never had anyone in Glasgow in my face telling me how friendly they are, or had anyone trying to cadge a bevvy, and absolutely I guarantee you 100% that I've had more experience on the lash in Glasgow than you. :wink:

Mainly cos I prefer to go on the lash in the capital.

SeanWilson
11-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Anfield... only place other than AEK Athens ER match to make me cry at a football match.

Scouse Hibee
11-01-2016, 03:04 PM
Anfield, the time will soon come when my time as a season ticket holder at Anfield will be surpassed in years by the time I have had one at Easter Road.

joebakerforever
11-01-2016, 05:06 PM
Fritz-Walter-Stadion, built on the Betzenberg hill, Kaiserslautern and the Olympic Stadion, Berlin.

fulshie
12-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Have done a tour it is very good and well worth doing. Very impressive stadium and much better facilities that Anfield for example.
Thanks for that.

Nutmegged
13-01-2016, 01:58 AM
In Scotland I've always liked Fir Park...still a raw feel to it.