At Easter Road we play...

Looking as if he's Plymouth bound

erin go bragh
07-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Looking as if he's Plymouth bound
Thought he had joined York on loan .

ballengeich
07-01-2016, 09:06 PM
I'm sad to see Sam leaving. Our midfield's main deficiency is that they don't score enough goals and I thought that he could have helped to remedy that, if only as a substitute towards the end of games when opposing defences are tiring. His opening goal in the Petrofac resulted from driving into the penalty area in the way that the midfielders now preferred to him don't do.

OsloHibs
07-01-2016, 09:26 PM
Good Luck Sammy. Really hope he does well :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Win-win. He does nothing, we know he isn't going to make it at that level. He tears it up, we get a good young player back, starting to fulfill his potential.

mghibs
07-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Blinder by Stubbsy, loan our players to championship teams with clauses that they can't play against us, so that they help take points off of The Rangers :greengrin

The_Horde
07-01-2016, 09:46 PM
Blinder by Stubbsy, loan our players to championship teams with clauses that they can't play against us, so that they help take points off of The Rangers :greengrin

Unless the zombies have the same idea. :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-01-2016, 11:03 PM
Needs games. Too far away from the first team squad to get that at ER just now.

Johnny_Leith
08-01-2016, 07:08 AM
Still maintain Stanton will become a good player. Wether at Hibs or not is the question.

Big_Franck
08-01-2016, 07:35 AM
I'm sad to see Sam leaving. Our midfield's main deficiency is that they don't score enough goals and I thought that he could have helped to remedy that, if only as a substitute towards the end of games when opposing defences are tiring. His opening goal in the Petrofac resulted from driving into the penalty area in the way that the midfielders now preferred to him don't do.

I agree that our biggest problem remains that we don't get enough goals from our midfielders or wide players although I dont think Stanton is the answer to that. I had hoped we would address the issue in the summer or at least in January but unless we sign someone else I think it may be the reason we dont win the league. I'm hoping that Cummings stays injury free and keeps up his scoring rate otherwise we could fall short IMO.

brog
08-01-2016, 08:10 AM
I agree that our biggest problem remains that we don't get enough goals from our midfielders or wide players although I dont think Stanton is the answer to that. I had hoped we would address the issue in the summer or at least in January but unless we sign someone else I think it may be the reason we dont win the league. I'm hoping that Cummings stays injury free and keeps up his scoring rate otherwise we could fall short IMO.i

I really don't think it matters where our goals come from as long as we win. Scott A was Championship POTY last season & he only scored 2 or 3 goals. I think all our back 4 have scored with Paul H's goal of course beating the "unbeatables". Like you I would just like to see more goals but as long as we keep doing the business I don't see it as a major problem.

Winston Ingram
08-01-2016, 11:46 AM
Still maintain Stanton will become a good player. Wether at Hibs or not is the question.

This. Same goes with Forster

CallumLaidlaw
08-01-2016, 11:59 AM
Confirmed - http://livingstonfc.co.uk/stanton-signs-from-hibs/

scoopyboy
08-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Heard he was nearly going to Falkirk.

nellio
08-01-2016, 12:09 PM
Good luck to the lad, will be good to see him getting some regular game time.

Big_Franck
08-01-2016, 12:12 PM

Sam told a relative of mine that he was going to Falkirk in January. That was a few weeks ago though so maybe their form changed our plans. FWIW I think Livi will be a decent move for him.

MB62
08-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Confirmed - http://livingstonfc.co.uk/stanton-signs-from-hibs/

Doesn't say it's a loan deal, is that Sam now left Hibs for good?

Billy Whizz
08-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Doesn't say it's a loan deal, is that Sam now left Hibs for good?

Think he's got another year left

Winston Ingram
08-01-2016, 01:58 PM

Very

J-C
08-01-2016, 02:44 PM
Sam told a relative of mine that he was going to Falkirk in January. That was a few weeks ago though so maybe their form changed our plans. FWIW I think Livi will be a decent move for him.

Don't think Stubbs will go out his way to help one of our rivals, plus he'll get more game time at Livi.