PDA

View Full Version : Andy Halliday

TamHibs
07-01-2016, 03:13 PM
I see his Red has been downgraded to a yellow.

Good to know you can kick out & escape a red card :aok:

SteveHFC
07-01-2016, 03:15 PM
****ing ridiculous.

Nice to see the SFA bending their rules again to help them. :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
07-01-2016, 03:22 PM
I can only assume the red was given for the supposed headbutt then?

S4uzee
07-01-2016, 03:22 PM
While Fyvie's reaction was poor, it was still a red card.

Kicking out reduced to a yellow but Fyvie gets a two game ban :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
07-01-2016, 03:23 PM
I can only assume the red was given for the supposed headbutt then?
Yeah; kicking an opponent is fine.

Franck Stanton
07-01-2016, 03:24 PM
Surprised he even got a yellow to be honest - don't get me wrong - he deserved one, but, after all, he does play for THE Rangers and they usually get away with this sort of offence.

Col2
07-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Superb. So he kicks out, raising his head, acts aggressively and gets a yellow.

Meanwhile our fans are abused, various sectarian songs clear to everyone and nothing happens.

And our guy gets a two match ban.

Yup seems fair.

TamHibs
07-01-2016, 03:26 PM
It honestly beggars belief.

Should he have been sent off for a headbutt? No. Should he have been sent off for kicking out at an opponent off the ball & then showing aggressive behaviour? Yes.

Hibeesmad
07-01-2016, 03:33 PM
He's anyway

Thecat23
07-01-2016, 03:37 PM
If the red was for the head butt then it's 100% the correct decision. If he's not seen the kick then he can't send him off. But surely the tv evidence is enough to punish him for that?

Thecat23
07-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Superb. So he kicks out, raising his head, acts aggressively and gets a yellow.

Meanwhile our fans are abused, various sectarian songs clear to everyone and nothing happens.

And our guy gets a two match ban.

Yup seems fair.

Fyvie deserves the ban. He cheated and we don't need that crap. I agree with you about the fans though, disgrace they get away with what they do. I hope we pelt them with coins and eggs at ER because surely we can do that without expecting to be punished!

Kojock
07-01-2016, 03:46 PM
If the red was for the head butt then it's 100% the correct decision. If he's not seen the kick then he can't send him off. But surely the tv evidence is enough to punish him for that?

If it was for the "headbutt" then why is it downgraded to a yellow? Surely a red or nothing.

kaimendhibs
07-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Absolutely no surprise😡

Jim44
07-01-2016, 04:02 PM
If it was for the "headbutt" then why is it downgraded to a yellow? Surely a red or nothing.

The only possible explanation (wrong and unjustifiable) is that Fyvie's histrionics have strangely mitigated the actions of the Hun in the eyes of the compliance officer and his colleagues. He would be hard put to, to explain the decision, given the cast iron evidence on video. Am I right in thinking that he is not answerable to anyone and not duty bound to explain his fiction?

Bishop Hibee
07-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Premiership and Championship games which are all filmed should be referred to a review panel post match to check yellow and red cards in conjunction with the officials report.

Cards can then be rescinded or upgraded and incidents not seen by the officials dealt with.

Simple really you would think. Happens in Aussie rules, rugby league and NFL I think.

lapsedhibee
07-01-2016, 04:07 PM
The only possible explanation (wrong and unjustifiable) is that Fyvie's histrionics have strangely mitigated the actions of the Hun

Yes, Fyvie's simulation caused the hun to kick at him. In hun/GFAworld, the future can determine the past. Nothing to see there, move on.

J-C
07-01-2016, 04:17 PM

Although no headbutt, it may have been yellow for his aggressive manner, or even for the kick itself, we need to see the refs report and the SFA official statement regarding this.

Thecat23
07-01-2016, 04:18 PM

Confronting Fyvie in an aggressive manner? Or just for barging him. It's not a red. The kick is though. Anyone who thinks that the head butt was red is wrong.

Jim44
07-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Confronting Fyvie in an aggressive manner? Or just for barging him. It's not a red. The kick is though. Anyone who thinks that the head butt was red is wrong.

Surely if you aim a punch, a kick or a head butt towards an opponent, even if you miss, it is violent conduct and a red card.

J-C
07-01-2016, 04:30 PM
Surely if you aim a punch, a kick or a head butt towards an opponent, even if you miss, it is violent conduct and a red card.

Yes he aimed a kick and for that it was a red but not for standing in an aggressive manner in front of Fyvie, you'll only get a yellow for that, remember he was red carded for a headbutt which didn't happen.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Absolutely no surprise

Sadly not

It does put pay to the argument that Fyvie didn't have to play act on the head butt (although it was wrong) - there was no chance Halliday would get sent off for a kick out.

We're still waiting on Waghorn's ban for the 2-1 game at Easter Road

That was conveniently forgotten about

Anyone who truly believes the Refs and SFA/SPFL arent out to help The Rangers at every and any turn needs a reality check

Thecat23
07-01-2016, 04:38 PM

He didn't even move his head though. As I said the kick out for me was a red but the ref hasn't seen that by sounds of it. He was rightly cleared of the head butt though.

Onceinawhile
07-01-2016, 04:44 PM
2 deliberate hand balls, kicks out at a player and barges into him, no red card. Only in Glasgow.

bigwheel
07-01-2016, 04:45 PM
He didn't even move his head though. As I said the kick out for me was a red but the ref hasn't seen that by sounds of it. He was rightly cleared of the head butt though.

Cat , as the kick was clearly caught on camera - if the ref didn't see it - shouldn't he get a retrospective red for it through TV evidence ? Or are they treating it as a yellow offence ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
07-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Don't have any issue with this, or Fyvie's ban.

kaimendhibs
07-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Sadly not

It does put pay to the argument that Fyvie didn't have to play act on the head butt (although it was wrong) - there was no chance Halliday would get sent off for a kick out.

We're still waiting on Waghorn's ban for the 2-1 game at Easter Road

That was conveniently forgotten about

Anyone who truly believes the Refs and SFA/SPFL are out to help The Rangers at every and any turn needs a reality check

Hope you meant to write ARENT out to help the Rangers

SouthMoroccoStu
07-01-2016, 04:55 PM
Hope you meant to write ARENT out to help the Rangers

Oops - the rant anger took over

monarch
07-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Irrespective of the personalities involved in this case I find the rule regarding simulation to be lacking in fairness.
Now had the referee spotted Fyvie's simulation he would have been given a yellow card. However it could be argued that because of the referee's failure in this respect the player receives a heavier punishment (2 game ban).
I agree that this may be construed as harsh criticism of the referee in a situation where he has been conned but nevertheless it means that there are 2 levels of punishment for the same offence, the implementation of which is determined by the ref's competence. :confused:

GreenOnions
07-01-2016, 05:08 PM
Halliday is a journeyman pro who wouldn't get in the Hibs team and, if The Rangers get promotion, will probably be one of the guys they look to improve upon. He wasn't headbutted so the review decision is correct.

R'Albin
07-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Even if they have reversed the decision based on the fact the referee sent him off for the Fyvie headbutt, surely the kick out should be treated as a separate incident and Halliday should be retrospectively punished for that?

Sir David Gray
07-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Good to know the SFA has sent the precedence on that then. :aok:

They honestly make the rules up as they go along.

Utter joke.

hibees 7062
07-01-2016, 05:50 PM
Halliday is a journeyman pro who wouldn't get in the Hibs team and, if The Rangers get promotion, will probably be one of the guys they look to improve upon. He wasn't headbutted so the review decision is correct.

They're in talks to extend his contract :greengrin

Lago
07-01-2016, 06:01 PM
To be honest both decisions are correct in my opinion, Fyvie made it easy for them to down grade Halliday's red.

Sir David Gray
07-01-2016, 06:09 PM
To be honest both decisions are correct in my opinion, Fyvie made it easy for them to down grade Halliday's red.

Fyvie's actions do not make this decision correct.

Halliday committed what most people would describe as being a foul worthy of a red card. I accept he probably wasn't sent off at the time because of the attempted kick out but when the incident was being reviewed by the SFA, that ought to have been seen and therefore any appeal thrown out.

Fyvie's actions are entirely irrelevant as far as this decision is concerned.

kaimendhibs
07-01-2016, 06:59 PM

Couldn't disagree more. Fyvie deserved punished but surely kicking out is a red card offence!

Lago
07-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Couldn't disagree more. Fyvie deserved punished but surely kicking out is a red card offence!

Well I supposed in todays football the kick would now be a red. I am of an age when that kick would have been laugh off and the next hibs challenge would have put him into the terracing, but today football non contact sport what can I say, I preferred the blood and thunder stuff off yester year.:greengrin

kaimendhibs
07-01-2016, 07:08 PM
Well I supposed in todays football the kick would now be a red. I am of an age when that kick would have been laugh off and the next hibs challenge would have put him into the terracing, but today football non contact sport what can I say, I preferred the blood and thunder stuff off yester year.:greengrin

So do I mate, been watching since the tornados. Too soft now but in this new non contact age that should be a red

MrRobot
07-01-2016, 07:10 PM
It wasn't a red and Fyvie cheated. Simple.

kaimendhibs
07-01-2016, 07:10 PM

No bother Andy.

Lago
07-01-2016, 07:12 PM
So do I mate, been watching since the tornados. Too soft now but in this new non contact age that should be a red
Me too, think Shades, think Blackley, Halliday would have never have dared.

Thecat23
07-01-2016, 07:19 PM
Cat , as the kick was clearly caught on camera - if the ref didn't see it - shouldn't he get a retrospective red for it through TV evidence ? Or are they treating it as a yellow offence ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've no idea but for me the kick out is a red. He rightly got off with the head butt one, but I'm shocked he wasn't pulled for the kick which is clear on the tv.

Kojock
07-01-2016, 07:20 PM

So why was it downgraded to a yellow. It wasn't a head butt so why did he get a yellow ??

Thecat23
07-01-2016, 07:21 PM
The way I see it Fyvie deserves the 2 match ban for play acting. Halliday rightly got his red for head butting reduced to a yellow, but he should have then been done for kicking out which the tv pics show clearly. Red for kick no red for head butt simples 😁👍🏼

O'Rourke3
07-01-2016, 07:26 PM
So anyone aiming a kick at an opponent from now on and gets sent off can use the Halliday defence? His actions reviewed by Compliance Committee and adjudged to be OK. Seems appropriate

Tyler Durden
07-01-2016, 07:30 PM

If the roles were reversed and Fyvie barged Halliday like that, I've no doubt he'd have been red carded and there'd barely be a whisper of sympathy in the media.

I think Stubbs should've made a bigger deal of Hallidays kick but he's maybe choosing his battles carefully knowing we'll have plenty more dodgy incidents as the season progresses

Thecat23
07-01-2016, 07:53 PM
If the roles were reversed and Fyvie barged Halliday like that, I've no doubt he'd have been red carded and there'd barely be a whisper of sympathy in the media.

I think Stubbs should've made a bigger deal of Hallidays kick but he's maybe choosing his battles carefully knowing we'll have plenty more dodgy incidents as the season progresses

I think we have to remember we have had our own red card removed with McGinn. That looked a red all day long imo. Delighted they overturned it though when I thought no danger will they let him off with the Huns game coming up.

You may well be right that Stubbs is maybe letting this go for whatever reason. He could easily make a big deal of the kick that's for sure.

Lancs Harp
07-01-2016, 08:00 PM
Halliday played for my local club Blackpool. He was awful. Advantage Hibs he's still in a blue shirt.

Dr Jimmy
07-01-2016, 08:05 PM
so their ruling is a yellow not a red.
He was already booked. 2 yellow cards used to mean a red, well it does anywhere outside Glasgow that is!!!

Sir David Gray
07-01-2016, 08:09 PM
so their ruling is a yellow not a red.
He was already booked. 2 yellow cards used to mean a red, well it does anywhere outside Glasgow that is!!!

He hadn't been booked prior to being sent off.

Skol
07-01-2016, 08:24 PM
so, can/will the compliance officer now take an interest...presumably he couldnt as there was a red card, but now that the red card is a yellow for the barge, can the compliance officer say here is a 2 match ban for the kick. Sounds fair, but wont happen

Bostonhibby
07-01-2016, 08:35 PM
Fyvie had a non Hibernian class moment, he got what he deserved and he owes us one. Thankfully he is capable of delivering. Halliday is one of what the rangers can now afford. There won't be any competition for his services going forward. Glad he is one of the new boys. Limited talent chav on the way down.

JJP
07-01-2016, 09:03 PM
I was absolutely shocked when this incident took place as it appeared that in an off the ball situation the referee had ruled in such a way that Hibs had an advantage for the rest of the game. I see this wrong in the world of Scottish football has been put right.

When you consider this incident along with such incidents as Derek Riordan/Allan McGregor and Kevin McBride/Kyle Lafferty I was amazed that we received an advantage in this game. Nice of the authorities to take an interest and right this wrong.

Kojock
07-01-2016, 09:18 PM
The way I see it Fyvie deserves the 2 match ban for play acting. Halliday rightly got his red for head butting reduced to a yellow, but he should have then been done for kicking out which the tv pics show clearly. Red for kick no red for head butt simples 😁👍🏼

If the ref thought Fyvie was play acting then he would have recieved a yellow, so why did he get a retrospective two match ban. How can Halliday get a red card for head butting reduced to a yellow. Surely he either head butted him or he didn't. Either red or nothing.

sbell1875
07-01-2016, 09:20 PM
I said to my mate at the time, he's kicked out there against Fyvie. In my opinion clear red card and I'm genuinely stunned it's been downgraded to a yellow.

As for Fyvie getting a 2 match ban I can only say he's reaped what he's sown by going down holding his face. However, quite how he's been given a 2 match ban astounds me.

Sir David Gray
07-01-2016, 09:50 PM
If the ref thought Fyvie was play acting then he would have recieved a yellow, so why did he get a retrospective two match ban. How can Halliday get a red card for head butting reduced to a yellow. Surely he either head butted him or he didn't. Either red or nothing.

It's because he's successfully conned the referee and therefore unfairly given us an advantage by getting one of their players sent off by faking a headbutt.

The same happens to players who have retrospectively been deemed to have dived in the box but a penalty was given by the referee at the time. Those players will face a ban but if the referee spots a dive at the time, he gives the offending player a yellow card and nothing more is done about it.

J-C
07-01-2016, 10:38 PM

He didn't think Fyvie was play acting, he thought a head butt had happened, hence why Halliday was shown a red; Fyvie got a ban for conning the ref.

I said to my mate at the time, he's kicked out there against Fyvie. In my opinion clear red card and I'm genuinely stunned it's been downgraded to a yellow.

As for Fyvie getting a 2 match ban I can only say he's reaped what he's sown by going down holding his face. However, quite how he's been given a 2 match ban astounds me.

The red was for a head butt which never happened, not the kick, that's why it was overturned.
Fyvie gets an automatic 2 matches for conning the ref, this would be seen as a straight red which is 2 games.

Thecat23
08-01-2016, 01:33 AM

I'm not sure you are grasping this. The ref thought there was a head butt, but there wasn't. It was a shoulder bump. Fyvie then pretends he's been head butted and the ref then shows the red to Halliday.

Before the head butt Halliday kicked out but the ref clearly didn't see this. The yellow is for the barge on Fyvie. Surely you get this now? Have you seen it at all?

Thecat23
08-01-2016, 01:35 AM
It's because he's successfully conned the referee and therefore unfairly given us an advantage by getting one of their players sent off by faking a headbutt.

The same happens to players who have retrospectively been deemed to have dived in the box but a penalty was given by the referee at the time. Those players will face a ban but if the referee spots a dive at the time, he gives the offending player a yellow card and nothing more is done about it.

Spot on, I'm not quite sure what Kojack doesn't get if I'm honest? It's pretty straight forward!

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2016, 07:30 AM
I'm not sure you are grasping this. The ref thought there was a head butt, but there wasn't. It was a shoulder bump. Fyvie then pretends he's been head butted and the ref then shows the red to Halliday.

Before the head butt Halliday kicked out but the ref clearly didn't see this. The yellow is for the barge on Fyvie. Surely you get this now? Have you seen it at all?

It's clear but if the ref didn't see him kick out shouldn't that be picked up retrospectively?

Bostonhibby
08-01-2016, 09:00 AM
It's clear but if the ref didn't see him kick out shouldn't that be picked up retrospectively?
Surely yes, or is it retrospective for other clubs but not the rangers?

Salt N Sauzee
08-01-2016, 09:05 AM
This kind of decision worked in our favor with the McGinn red card and we all loved it.

These things happen. Move on. :rolleyes:

Thecat23
08-01-2016, 09:08 AM

Yeah totally, I've said that in my posts that surely with the tv pictures he should be punished for it.

matty_f
08-01-2016, 10:04 AM
Yeah totally, I've said that in my posts that surely with the tv pictures he should be punished for it.

Unless the ref's seen the kick and included it in his report, and he felt it only warranted a yellow card - which would be absurd but not beyond the realms of possibility.

CraigHibee
08-01-2016, 12:50 PM
not the first time the huns have gotten away with minimal punishment, mind when boyd squared up to forster last season when we pumped them at castle greyskull? but he got away with it (shock)