06-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Sorry should have said they've been in contact over loan deal

linlithgowhibbie
06-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Id rather we kept big Jordan.

:gwa:

Forza Fred
06-01-2016, 08:48 PM
York might be a nice enough place, when it's not flooded, but football wise, at the moment it's a basket case.

Whatever the options, discount York from them Jordan!

Big L
06-01-2016, 08:49 PM
Forster could be very good player for us if given the chance. It appears to me that AS has pushed or is trying to push all the players that had come thru just prior to his arrival out the door, Alex, Sam, Jordan and Danny in particular and I don't believe they are bad players. I SAY KEEP ALL 4 OF THEM !!

bingo70
06-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Forster could be very good player for us if given the chance. It appears to me that AS has pushed or is trying to push all the players that had come thru just prior to his arrival out the door, Alex, Sam, Jordan and Danny in particular and I don't believe they are bad players. I SAY KEEP ALL 4 OF THEM !!

They've all been replaced by better players, that's all I'm bothered about

Andy74
06-01-2016, 08:52 PM

I think he wants better players at the club which is fair enough. Some of the guys we have brought in are also young but streets ahead of these guys.

B.H.F.C
06-01-2016, 08:59 PM

Why keep all 4 of them? Just because they have come through our academy? Because they certainly aren't making any impression in the first team to justify keeping them.

He's no quite pushed out all the young players either. Cummings is doing quite well.

Iceman1875
06-01-2016, 09:16 PM

In a priority list I'd keep; Forster, Stanton, Alex and the Handling. Not sure what handling actually offers.

I would loan JF if the club was right for 6 months then come back and fight for a first team place next year.

At Easter Road we play...

Forza Fred
06-01-2016, 09:21 PM
I would certainly keep Foster.

He has proved himself at the top level, and is also a threat to the opposition at corners/free kicks into the box.

Should he end up being let go, then I think he can consider himself very unlucky indeed..his injuries meant others had to be brought in, and they have done well.

In fairness to Stubbsy I don't suppose he can keep everyone, and has to make value judgements as he sees it.

J-C
06-01-2016, 09:26 PM
I would certainly keep Foster.

He has proved himself at the top level, and is also a threat to the opposition at corners/free kicks into the box.

Should he end up being let go, then I think he can consider himself very unlucky indeed..his injuries meant others had to be brought in, and they have done well.

In fairness to Stubbsy I don't suppose he can keep everyone, and has to make value judgements as he sees it.

You also have to look at the future, McGregor a decent player but now 30 years old, or Forster 22, bags of potential and has proved he can play at our level, plus take into account who Jordan was playing under and the team we had at the time. His injuries came at the wrong time, which coincided with McGregor becoming available.

monktonharp
06-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Danny Handling has a bad injury has he not? getting near to training after several months. Forster, I have waited months to see him get his chance, and he must feel frustrated. Plymouth would good, as they are pushing for promotion

Biggie
06-01-2016, 09:42 PM
I'd be disappointed if he went tbh....deserves a chance on his return from injury.....defo keep him

Michael
06-01-2016, 09:43 PM
If we let Forster go I think we'll regret it. If he gets an opportunity to play week in week out for someone I think he'd eventually find his level in the English Championship. He has ability, but he needs minutes.

AlbertK86
06-01-2016, 09:45 PM
If we let Forster go I think we'll regret it. If he gets an opportunity to play week in week out for someone I think he'd eventually find his level in the English Championship. He has ability, but he needs minutes.

Correct.

Just backed him on PM board. Really think he has the makings of a very good CH

Eyrie
06-01-2016, 09:50 PM
Forster is the only one of the four that I'd want to keep, but he needs game time to continue developing so a loan makes sense.

Big L
06-01-2016, 09:57 PM
My first sighting of Alex Harris was a night game against Motherwell and he was outstanding and just the same against Falkirk in the cup semi. Everyone who has any knowledge of the game said he was a real talent and they can't all be wrong. He got an injury and his confidence was knocked, instead of trying to get him back to his best he was farmed out! Thats not management! Sam Stanton is one of the best talents we have brought thru at the club and has never had a real chance under Stubbs. Handling when fit is good enough to be in the squad. I have already made my point about Forster. It appears to me that Stubbs would rather bring in players than improve the guys that are already there!! Don't get me wrong, I rate Stubbs highly but he is not infallible and he has got it wrong on these lads.

Thegreenside
06-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Good player but every time he gets a run of games he seems to get injured

Andy74
06-01-2016, 10:03 PM
My first sighting of Alex Harris was a night game against Motherwell and he was outstanding and just the same against Falkirk in the cup semi. Everyone who has any knowledge of the game said he was a real talent and they can't all be wrong. He got an injury and his confidence was knocked, instead of trying to get him back to his best he was farmed out! Thats not management! Sam Stanton is one of the best talents we have brought thru at the club and has never had a real chance under Stubbs. Handling when fit is good enough to be in the squad. I have already made my point about Forster. It appears to me that Stubbs would rather bring in players than improve the guys that are already there!! Don't get me wrong, I rate Stubbs highly but he is not infallible and he has got it wrong on these lads.

He's not.

Vault Boy
06-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Would be gutted were we to let Forster go permanently or choose not to renew his contract. In an hour, 2 of our 4 CBs will be 30 years old (it's Fonts birthday tomorrow), it would make no sense to let go of the only defender on our books who is closer to 20 than he is 30 IMO. Jordon is really assured for somebody his age, he possesses great physicality and a number of traits that are so valuable in a defender. Would be a mistake not to keep him.

Sergey
06-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Forster is the only one of the four that I'd want to keep, but he needs game time to continue developing so a loan makes sense.

Is he even guaranteed to secure a starting berth for either York or Plymouth?

hibee-boys
06-01-2016, 10:12 PM

Stubbs has brought in players who are far better equipped to get us out this league than all 4 players. I'm afraid he doesn't have the luxury to blood younger players this year, we need out of this league this year. If they were good enough and fit, like Cummings, they'd be in the team. I rate Forster and a loan move would be ideal for him, I'd happily free up the wages of the other 3 given the earliest opportunity.

Ringothedog

They were all part of one of the worst Hibernian teams I have ever seen. Harris has had chances at Hibs and on loan, he has not improved as a player, I would suggest we cut him loose as it would be in his and the club's best interests. Stanton is just not good enough, too weak and too slow.Handling is an enigma and I think there is a player there, next season will be huge for him. Forster might make it but he needs game time and I would suggest that is not going to happen at Hibs.Probably best if he leaves for the benefit of his career.

J-C

Stanton was given numerous chances and did nowt, he excelled in the U20 team but then again he should but apart from a few glimpses, he's not done nearly enough, just like Handling. Harris was mismanaged and bullied by Butcher, this may prove to be the lads downfall and Stubbs came in too late to help his career.

Forster has been unlucky with the timing of his wee injuries, Stubbs needed cover and McGregor was available, Jordan has now found himself down the order right now but he needs to be playing to improve.

B.H.F.C
06-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Stanton was given numerous chances and did nowt, he excelled in the U20 team but then again he should but apart from a few glimpses, he's not done nearly enough, just like Handling. Harris was mismanaged and bullied by Butcher, this may prove to be the lads downfall and Stubbs came in too late to help his career.

Forster has been unlucky with the timing of his wee injuries, Stubbs needed cover and McGregor was available, Jordan has now found himself down the order right now but he needs to be playing to improve.

No way was Stubbs too late to help Harris, not at that age. He gave him opportunities at the start of last season and he didn't take them. Harris needs to help himself.

Agree Forster has been a wee bit unlucky. I don't think he's too dissimilar to McGregor.

J-C
06-01-2016, 10:20 PM
No way was Stubbs too late to help Harris, not at that age. He gave him opportunities at the start of last season and he didn't take them. Harris needs to help himself.

Agree Forster has been a wee bit unlucky. I don't think he's too dissimilar to McGregor.

I mean Harris was too far gone confidence wise that Stubbs and co were unable to get him back to where he was when he hit the scene, a loan was the only option to try to get it back, Butcher had done so much damage it was beyond repair, just a pity we didn't get Stubbs before Butcher was my point.

StevieBoyKdy
06-01-2016, 10:23 PM
Be sad to see him go he was a first team player when Stubbs first came got
injured and hasn't been able to get a game since. For me something must have changed either Forster isn't doing it in training or Stubbs believes he hasn't improved for me you can't be a first pick then just not getting anywhere near a game he's fourth choice out of four and that was before we signed the Norwegian lad for me that signing says to me he is not in the long term plan. Thinks he better on the air than on the carpet as a footballer. Good luck to him when he moves on which I think is inevitable.

hibee-boys
06-01-2016, 10:25 PM
I mean Harris was too far gone confidence wise that Stubbs and co were unable to get him back to where he was when he hit the scene, a loan was the only option to try to get it back, Butcher had done so much damage it was beyond repair, just a pity we didn't get Stubbs before Butcher was my point.

I thought it was the injury that knocked his confidence, what did Butcher do to him that had such detrimental impact on his game?

Forza Fred
06-01-2016, 10:30 PM
Is he even guaranteed to secure a starting berth for either York or Plymouth?

Segway, you would get a start for York:wink:

Forza Fred
06-01-2016, 10:31 PM
Segway, you would get a start for York:wink:

Apologies for auto correct on I pad misspelling name!

Glorious St Pat
06-01-2016, 10:32 PM

As Stubbs and Doolan said at the last St Pats meeting - they recognise the talent here with Harris but they feel slightly let down. They have done everything on their power to bring the laddie on but he's got to want it - ie grasp the thistle and kick on. Sad to hear this as I know Harris pretty well being his former teacher - but again I always detected a softness there!

J-C
06-01-2016, 10:35 PM
I thought it was the injury that knocked his confidence, what did Butcher do to him that had such detrimental impact on his game?

Along with Malpas he was bullying Harris and a few of the younger lads, old school hard management which doesn't work these days.

Sergey
06-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Apologies for auto correct on I pad misspelling name!

The point is that Stephens and Stack were both pretty much 1st team regulars at Hibs but they don't even make the squad at Barnet these days, and they are only a handful of places above York.

He could well go to York (or Plymouth) as cover.

Forza Fred
06-01-2016, 10:54 PM
The point is that Stephens and Stack were both pretty much 1st team regulars at Hibs but they don't even make the squad at Barnet these days, and they are only a handful of places above York.

On the other side of the ledger, Recent signing for York who does get a game is Danny Galbraith.

silverhibee
06-01-2016, 11:17 PM

I think if Stubbs was to let him go on loan he would prefer him to get game time, think there is a better chance of him getting that at York rather than that disgusting club Plymouth and would probably be a 1st team starter for York.

West hamBERNIAN
06-01-2016, 11:59 PM
Id rather we kept big Jordan.

:gwa:
Definitely keep him imo also, he has looked incredibly solid at times for such a young player. Wouldn't be against loaning him out just now as long as his contract has a year or more on it. Can't remember having so many competent centre halfs at hibs.

GloryGlory
07-01-2016, 05:11 AM
I think if Stubbs was to let him go on loan he would prefer him to get game time, think there is a better chance of him getting that at York rather than that disgusting club Plymouth and would probably be a 1st team starter for York.

They did take Blobby off our hands, so that must count for something, surely?

Iceman1875
07-01-2016, 07:17 AM
The thing for me out the four of them too is Harris, Stanton and Handling are all too lightweight for the modern game IMO. Not questioning there ability but it's a mans game. Forster is the one I'd hold onto.

At Easter Road we play...

Greenworld
07-01-2016, 07:26 AM
You also have to look at the future, McGregor a decent player but now 30 years old, or Forster 22, bags of potential and has proved he can play at our level, plus take into account who Jordan was playing under and the team we had at the time. His injuries came at the wrong time, which coincided with McGregor becoming available.
So mcgregor can play for 4 more seasons 30 is nothing now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

number9dream
07-01-2016, 08:03 AM
Having four good central defenders is ideal in terms of cover but now Gunnarsson has arrived, we have five guys who can play there, so maybe JF will be surplus to requirements.
A loan deal might be best for all parties but I reckon it would be foolish to sell him for buttons or release him...

As for Stanton, he's probably the only genuine number 10 at the club and is undoubtedly talented but he's just not getting a look in. Maybe it's a personality issue, does he lack the necessary swagger?

Smartie
07-01-2016, 08:08 AM

Stephens and Stack were regulars in an abysmal Hibs team.

Leaving aside the division we're in, the team Forster can't get into is streets ahead of the one Stack and Stephens played in.

Smartie
07-01-2016, 08:12 AM

Out of interest what is your beef with Plymouth?

Just curious, it seems unusual for someone on here to describe a club like them in such strong terms.

BoomtownHibees
07-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Stephens and Stack were regulars in an abysmal Hibs team

And it was 4 years ago!! Stack has since played over 100 games for the mighty Barnet.

oneone73
07-01-2016, 08:56 AM

Just curious, it seems unusual for someone on here to describe a club like them in such strong terms.

I wondered that too, especially since they play in green!

BSEJVT
07-01-2016, 09:16 AM
I have never seen the ability behind Stanton & Handling to justify the hype given to them by some.

IMO its a crying shame that Harris, has gone massively backwards as I really thought there was a player in there.

Of the 4, the only one I would be sorry to see go now would be Jordan Forster.

HappyHanlon
07-01-2016, 10:57 AM
Would loan Jordan for rest of season. He'll be a top centre half for us without a doubt.

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2016, 11:11 AM

My thoughts exactly, get him out on loan and see if he comes on how we all hope he can.

trev the hat
07-01-2016, 11:15 AM
Is Jordan's contract not up in the summer ?

The Sundance Kid
07-01-2016, 11:23 AM
Is Jordan's contract not up in the summer ?

Yes

J-C
07-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Yes

If this is the case, then what a waste developing the lad, seeing him through his injuries to just allow him to go for nothing, I trust AS but don't agree with him in this case if it's true he's being allowed to go.

CallumLaidlaw
07-01-2016, 11:31 AM

Stack has played over 100 games for Barnet since leaving us 3 years ago. So he was surely their first choice keeper for 3 seasons. He's 34 now.

Stephens played 130 games for Barnet after leaving us - indicating again that he was a first team regular. He also won their player of the year 2 years in a row. I would agree that he can't make the squad these days, but that me be because he left the club in the summer :wink:

J-C
07-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Stack has played over 100 games for Barnet since leaving us 3 years ago. So he was surely their first choice keeper for 3 seasons. He's 34 now.

Stephens played 130 games for Barnet after leaving us - indicating again that he was a first team regular. He also won their player of the year 2 years in a row. I would agree that he can't make the squad these days, but that me be because he left the club in the summer :wink:

He's now with the giants of Boreham Wood.

WeeRussell
07-01-2016, 11:48 AM
I can't see Forster playing a significant part in the rest of our season - loan and game time would be the best for both parties.

No objections to him getting a new contract though - young player who has already played some good games for us.

superfurryhibby
07-01-2016, 12:32 PM

Stephens barely played for the first team in the two and a half seasons he was at Hibs. I recall him being brought on as a sub and playing up front In the few times I recall him being on the pitch.

Forster should be allowed out on loan if there is no danger of a new contract at Hibs. Otherwise he should be kept as cover for right sided centre half and for Gray at right back.

I liked him when he broke through, but that was three years ago and he's been mostly injured during the past two seasons. Pity really, as he looked to have some good qualities.

Seveno
07-01-2016, 12:47 PM
Forster is a better player than McGregor and should continue to improve.

DH1875
07-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Dont think we should be letting him go buy he is out of contract in the summer so the balls in his court I guess. Better to get something now rather than nothing in the summer. Have we offered him a new contract?

GreenOnions
07-01-2016, 02:08 PM
I've always thought Forster has a lot of potential and that he's done well for us when he's played. He's been unlucky getting injured at crucial times - this season and also at the start of Fenlon's last season when he may well have been in line to be first choice centre-back initially.

It reminds me a bit of the Martin McIntosh situation in 2000 when he was brought in to be our main left-sided central defender. He got injured just at the start of the season so McLeish started Paul Fenwick in his place alongside Gary Smith with Sauzee sweeping. Fenwick and Smith did brilliantly and hardly missed a game all season and McIntosh barely getting a chance even though most agreed he was a good player.

The next season McLeish decided he wanted to play Laursen at left centre-back with Ian Murray at left back so McIntosh eventually moved on having hardly played for us.

Jordon is still young so I really hope we can keep him as I think he could be a big player for us in the future if he stays. I would understand if he wants to move for first-team football though.

It still makes me laugh (or cry) to think that Butcher preferred to have Michael Nelson and Ryan McGivern in our defence with Forster and Stevenson on the bench. That told me enough on its own to know that Butcher does not understand football.

Andy74
07-01-2016, 02:13 PM

He's not though is he? Although he has potential to improve.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-01-2016, 02:14 PM
By all accounts Plymouth play nice football and are attracting decent crowds. If he wants to go, this will be a decent opportunity for him.
The downside is that Plymouth is an awful long way from home, especially if you are not playing every week.
Adams is a complete ticket as well.

portyhibernian
07-01-2016, 02:37 PM
Harris and Handling I would let go, not seen anything from either to suggest they should be here. Stanton I think would benefit from going on loan and getting decent game time, as I do think he has the potential to be a good player. I'm not sure about Forster. He's had good games for us in the past and I do think he's a decent defender, but his injuries are too frequent. I'd like to keep him as cover but he'll be wanting regular games and he's more likely to get that somewhere else right now. A loan probably suits club and player as things stand.

silverhibee
07-01-2016, 04:33 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2696895/Football-fans-anger-Plymouth-Argyle-appoints-killer-drink-driver-goalkeeper-clubs-new-CAPTAIN-officials-want-second-chance.html

CallumLaidlaw
07-01-2016, 04:52 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/07/1b8cab1e0a47a43f4689bd043e9c4b2f.jpg

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2016, 06:57 PM
They are just not good enough mate any of them...Handling and Harris have both had enough chances and just aren't good enough...as for Stanton I like Sammy but he is never gonna get a game ahead of the rest of our midfield and same goes for Forster in that defence.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Big L
07-01-2016, 07:48 PM
You need to remember the circumstances of all 4 of these players, one minute they are being introduced in to the squad as great prospects and the next they are being categorised as the reason for the relegation. I think all 4 at some time have shown enough and perhaps AS should be trying to improve them rather than kicking their arse's out the door! He wasn't saying they were crap when Handling scored at Ibrox or when Sam scored against sevco at ER and at no time did they look out of place and if he had seen Harris when he broke in to the squad he wouldn't be running around now looking for a winger!!

California-Hibs
07-01-2016, 08:38 PM

Disagree. McGregor is the superior of the two in my opinion. Forster does have a lot of potential though. Wish him all the best, and thank him for his service to Hibs over the years!

DH1875
07-01-2016, 09:06 PM
I still dont see the point in letting him go on loan if his comtract is up in the summer. Either offer him a new one or sell him just now.

JimBHibees
07-01-2016, 09:12 PM
You need to remember the circumstances of all 4 of these players, one minute they are being introduced in to the squad as great prospects and the next they are being categorised as the reason for the relegation. I think all 4 at some time have shown enough and perhaps AS should be trying to improve them rather than kicking their arse's out the door! He wasn't saying they were crap when Handling scored at Ibrox or when Sam scored against sevco at ER and at no time did they look out of place and if he had seen Harris when he broke in to the squad he wouldn't be running around now looking for a winger!!

You have got to be kidding Harris Stanton and Handling have been at the club for a while and only shown in short patches. They should have been ripping up this league but haven't. Night and day in quality from the young players in our current midfield.

StevieBoyKdy
07-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Liked a boys post on Twitter I think saying welcome to Plymouth id say he's okski.

shamo9
07-01-2016, 09:25 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2696895/Football-fans-anger-Plymouth-Argyle-appoints-killer-drink-driver-goalkeeper-clubs-new-CAPTAIN-officials-want-second-chance.html

I'm genuinely confused why he gets to return to football while the rapist striker has that door shut everytime due to the media/public outrage :confused:

WeeRussell
08-01-2016, 11:27 AM
I'm genuinely confused why he gets to return to football while the rapist striker has that door shut everytime due to the media/public outrage :confused:

Because this guy didn't rape anyone? Not condoning his act, in any way, or even arguing that he should be allowed back into football. Nor am I commenting on how guilty/innocent your man who was done with rape is...

I just think there's a great deal of difference between committing a deliberate act such as rape, and causing a fatal car accident due to being drunk.

Being drunk and getting behind the wheel is foolish and irresponsible and deserves to be punished. Rapists are evil.

Col2
08-01-2016, 11:33 AM
Because this guy didn't rape anyone? Not condoning his act, in any way, or even arguing that he should be allowed back into football. Nor am I commenting on how guilty/innocent your man who was done with rape is...

I just think there's a great deal of difference between committing a deliberate act such as rape, and causing a fatal car accident due to being drunk.

Being drunk and getting behind the wheel is foolish and irresponsible and deserves to be punished. Rapists are evil.

Fair argument. But the consequences of what the goalkeeper did are a million miles worse than the rapist. He killed two boys and destroyed a whole family. Something they will never ever get over.

cabbageandribs1875
08-01-2016, 11:34 AM

the ******* should still be in jail, 7 years jail for two young lives....sickening, i'd be waiting for the piece of **** in the club car park

WeeRussell
08-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Fair argument. But the consequences of what the goalkeeper did are a million miles worse than the rapist. He killed two boys and destroyed a whole family. Something they will never ever get over.

Agreed :agree:

Was talking more about the character/personality of the culprit in each case, as you'll appreciate.

As I say, not trying to defend the boy in any way. Just found it strange that someone couldn't see why there wasn't so much public outrage as there was over a convicted rapist.