PDA

View Full Version : Pubs near Starks Park

franck sauzee
06-01-2016, 03:39 PM
Going through by train on Saturday. First time I've ever been at Starks incredibly. I've heard it's no far from the station to the ground, about a 15 minute walk. What pubs are good to go to on the way to or around about the stadium?

Hermit Crab
06-01-2016, 03:45 PM
Going through by train on Saturday. First time I've ever been at Starks incredibly. I've heard it's no far from the station to the ground, about a 15 minute walk. What pubs are good to go to on the way to or around about the stadium?

The rugby club in beverage park is reportedly going to be open and you don't need signed in and they want the business. That came from a Raith fan.

PatHead
06-01-2016, 03:53 PM
The rugby club in beverage park is reportedly going to be open and you don't need signed in and they want the business. That came from a Raith fan.

Went there before a league game last season and it was shut. Ended up going to a bowling club 5 minutes from the ground which charged a £1 to get in with a free steak pie included. Been every time since and each time it has got busier. Really nice folk and bowling clubs need all the money they can get to survive these days. The directions are to walk towards the football ground. Go past the park (Beveridge?) on your right hand side, under the railway bridge and it is the first opening on the left (Milton Road), 300 yards on your left hand side.

Kirkcaldy West End bowling club in Milton Road. www.westendbc.com (http://www.<strong>westendbc.com</strong>)

Should have added it will not be open after the match going by previous visits and they were child friendly.

mim
06-01-2016, 04:14 PM
The Abbey and The Novar are both close enough and good enough.
My preference is for the Wheatsheaf, further away, but an excellent lunch (steak pie highly recommended).
The Wheatsheaf will have the Aston Villa cup tie on before the game and both the Hearts and Man U games on at 5:30.

Albanian Hibs
06-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Been told the abbey has been shut down??

NthCarolinaHibs
06-01-2016, 05:27 PM
We always stop in the Penny Farthing in the High Street before going up to the Abbey..plenty room in the Abbey and child friendly

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2016, 05:29 PM
We always stop in the Penny Farthing in the High Street before going up to the Abbey..plenty room in the Abbey and child friendly

Abbey closed.....The lease was up.

Hermit Crab
06-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Rugby club is def open on Saturday, Cheap booze, pies, burgers etc is the text i got from a raith fan. Spread the word. The club is in Beverage park.

StevieBoyKdy
06-01-2016, 05:34 PM
The abbey was owned by Shaun Dennis a few years was at a birthday there told us a few good stories about Hibs.

Hermit Crab
06-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Went there before a league game last season and it was shut. Ended up going to a bowling club 5 minutes from the ground which charged a £1 to get in with a free steak pie included. Been every time since and each time it has got busier. Really nice folk and bowling clubs need all the money they can get to survive these days. The directions are to walk towards the football ground. Go past the park (Beveridge?) on your right hand side, under the railway bridge and it is the first opening on the left (Milton Road), 300 yards on your left hand side.

Kirkcaldy West End bowling club in Milton Road. www.westendbc.com (http://www.<strong>westendbc.com</strong>)

Should have added it will not be open after the match going by previous visits and they were child friendly.

It's definitely open this time.

offshorehibby
06-01-2016, 05:54 PM

Penny Farthing's a good we boozer, usually head there before game and we would go to the Abbey after, shame about the Abbey.

NthCarolinaHibs
06-01-2016, 06:04 PM
West End bowling club, it is then 🍻

IFONLY
06-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Rugby club is def open on Saturday, Cheap booze, pies, burgers etc is the text i got from a raith fan. Spread the word. The club is in Beverage park.

Think you may find that it wont be so easy to get in ......they are taking bookings and 2 buses are booked in already....

brog
06-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Been a few years since a trip from London for me coincided with a visit to Raith but it's always been one of my fav away fixtures. I've never seen a hint of trouble in any pubs, Hibs & Raith fans mixing freely, I even remember doing bad karaoke with Colin Cameron many years back. I don't know if it's like this for all oppo fans at Starks or whether there's some unspoken Raith/Hibs affinity but long may it continue. I'm jealous of you all going on Saturday.

franck sauzee
06-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. Really looking forward to this one GGTTH

linlithgowhibbie
06-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Think you may find that it wont be so easy to get in ......they are taking bookings and 2 buses are booked in already....

Function room holds 120 and 3 buses booked in, Don't go in case you get turned away unless you are booked in.

Confirmed this earlier today.

Brian:gwa:

Bristolhibby
07-01-2016, 12:22 AM
We went here last season. Had the wee guy, its child friendly and right next to the train station.

https://www.beveridgeparkhotel.co.uk/restaurant

Does a fantastic curry if you fancy lunch.

J

SteveHFC
07-01-2016, 12:26 AM
The abbey was owned by Shaun Dennis a few years was at a birthday there told us a few good stories about Hibs.

The Abbey after the game in October was class. :agree:

erin go bragh
07-01-2016, 07:37 AM

Cheers PH :aok: We walked passed this place last October on our way down to the now shut Abbey .

Albanian Hibs
07-01-2016, 10:58 AM
The Abbey after the game in October was class. :agree:

The karaoke was quality. Have no idea how we made it back home on the train 🙊

Godsahibby
07-01-2016, 11:03 AM
The karaoke was quality. Have no idea how we made it back home on the train 

That night was a belter, shame the place is closed.