PDA

View Full Version : David Haye comeback fight

Frazerbob
06-01-2016, 01:36 PM
to be shown on Dave.................does that mean we'll get repeats for the next 15 years!? :wink:

Haymaker
06-01-2016, 02:01 PM
to be shown on Dave.................does that mean we'll get repeats for the next 15 years!? :wink:

Obviously a big draw still

lord bunberry
16-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know anything about this guy he's fighting? I could do with watching a decent fight.

leither17
16-01-2016, 08:23 PM
Does anyone know anything about this guy he's fighting? I could do with watching a decent fight.

Whole production is amateurish so far

lord bunberry
16-01-2016, 08:28 PM
Have to agree. The way they're talking about this guy doesn't fill me with confidence that we're going to see a good fight. Haye is world class, he doesn't need to fight a no hoper

lucky
16-01-2016, 08:38 PM

It's Dave's first ever live television sporting event. At least it's free to air tv. The build has been ok but I suspect the Aussie boy will koed by two rounds. Not expecting a great fight

lord bunberry
16-01-2016, 08:41 PM
It's Dave's first ever live television sporting event. At least it's free to air tv. The build has been ok but I suspect the Aussie boy will koed by two rounds. Not expecting a great fight
At least the guy is in good condition

lord bunberry
16-01-2016, 08:46 PM
Gold gloves! Is he a fighter or his he showbiz?

Sergey
16-01-2016, 08:49 PM
This Ozzie takes a dive in the opening two rounds.

FACT

matty_f
16-01-2016, 08:49 PM
Think this will be ridiculously one sides.

Pretty much hoping for a lucky punch from the underdog here. :greengrin

Mon Dieu4
16-01-2016, 08:53 PM
David Haye still hits hard anyway haha

3pm
Bang!

lucky
Well that was a waste of time. The Aussie was totally out classed.

matty_f
16-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Total farce. Would not be surprised at all if the boy's been paid to take the fall and stay down to make it look bad. Haye would be wanting this fight to show he can put folk down like Anthony Joshua can.

Sergey
16-01-2016, 08:56 PM
If ever an 'athlete' showed signs of taking drugs, Haye has got a better pair of tits than most of my previous rides.

A clear sign of HgH abuse.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-01-2016, 08:57 PM
Loada pish! :-)

lord bunberry
16-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Well that was a waste of time. The Aussie was totally out classed.
Exactly, all that told us is that David Haye can stand upright and throw a punch. If he's serious about a comeback he's going to have to up the class of his opponent

lord bunberry
16-01-2016, 09:00 PM
If ever an 'athlete' showed signs of taking drugs, Haye has got a better pair of tits than most of my previous rides.

That would apply to most heavyweight boxers then. I doubt someone like Haye is on drugs, it's very rare in boxing.

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2016, 09:02 PM
6/1 for first round knockout with SKYBET was easy money :-)

Sergey
16-01-2016, 09:06 PM
That would apply to most heavyweight boxers then. I doubt someone like Haye is on drugs, it's very rare in boxing.

Nope - drug taking is rife in boxing and the fact that Haye was 'retired' put him outside the out of competition doping controls.

He never had mammaries like that before he 'retired'.

Of course, Brit's don't dope, eh :wink:

chinaman
16-01-2016, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=matty_f;4549409]Total farce. Would not be surprised at all if the boy's been paid to take the fall and stay down to make it look bad. Haye would be wanting this fight to show he can put folk down like Anthony Joshua can.[/QUOT
"Paid to take a fall" he near murdered the boy
Haye punches as hard as any heavyweight out there

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2016, 09:09 PM
Nope - drug taking is rife in boxing and the fact that Haye was 'retired' put him outside the out of competition doping controls.

Here we go again!

Sergey
16-01-2016, 09:17 PM
Here we go again!

Scouse - do us both a favour.

We obviously have a love/hate relationship on this messageboard. I can't agree to a lot (most) of your posts, but you do speak semi-sense on some. But, please FFS, stop trolling me from thread to thread expecting me to converse with you with curt replies.

I happen to write on doping in sport and will willingly discuss the subject with folks who are interested.

You clearly know it all.

Pretty Boy
16-01-2016, 09:18 PM
Not seen the fight yet but got it recorded.

I doubt the boy has taken a dive, likely just got stunned by the power of Haye. For his, relatively speaking, slight size David Haye hits exceptionally hard. Not many fighters will take too many clean shots from him and get back up.

lord bunberry
16-01-2016, 09:19 PM

If drug taking is rife in boxing who has been caught? I understand that in every sport you will have cheats, but I've never heard of a boxer being done for drugs.

lord bunberry
16-01-2016, 09:21 PM

I doubt the boy has taken a dive, likely just got stunned by the power of Haye. For his, relatively speaking, slight size David Haye hits exceptionally hard. Not many fighters will take too many clean shots from him and get back up.
He didn't take a fall, he was just completely outclassed, it was a bit like Tyson's comeback fight, a complete mismatch.

Pretty Boy
16-01-2016, 09:27 PM
If drug taking is rife in boxing who has been caught? I understand that in every sport you will have cheats, but I've never heard of a boxer being done for drugs.

No idea about performance enhancers but Tyson has admitted he used cocaine and cannabis for most of his career and easily evaded testers.

Fwiw I don't think Haye is a drug cheat.

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2016, 09:29 PM

We obviously have a love/hate relationship on this messageboard. I can't agree to a lot (most) of your posts, but you do speak semi-sense on some. But, please FFS, stop trolling me from thread to thread expecting me to converse with you with curt replies.

I happen to write on doping in sport and will willingly discuss the subject with folks who are interested.

You clearly know it all.

Not trolling you at all so stop your whinging FFS. Just amazed at how you seem to have an expert opinion on a massively wide range of topics that are discussed on this board. You put your views out there on a variety of different subjects and quote like you have done here to have a "knowledge"of said opinion through some medium or other every single time.
You carry on pal but don't get all precious when challenged on an opinion you insist is gospel.

lord bunberry
16-01-2016, 10:04 PM
No idea about performance enhancers but Tyson has admitted he used cocaine and cannabis for most of his career and easily evaded testers.

Fwiw I don't think Haye is a drug cheat.
I would say loads of footballers also use those drugs. The insinuation from sergey was that Haye was using drugs to enhance his performance. Of all the sports I enjoy, boxing has enjoyed the cleanest reputation. I might be wrong,but I can't remember a world champion losing his title after failing a drug test.

matty_f
16-01-2016, 10:18 PM

He didn't take a fall in the sense that he went down pretending, but i thought it looked awfully like he had his guard up, had a wee look, dropped his guard to be hit, and then Haye put him down.

Call me cynical, but I'd be very surprised if that fight didn't go to script.

chinaman
16-01-2016, 10:30 PM
I would say loads of footballers also use those drugs. The insinuation from sergey was that Haye was using drugs to enhance his performance. Of all the sports I enjoy, boxing has enjoyed the cleanest reputation. I might be wrong,but I can't remember a world champion losing his title after failing a drug test.

Roy jones failed a drug test v richard hall when champ in 2000 I think was the year,hall failed too.
Jones kept his title..*** knows why.

Pretty Boy
16-01-2016, 10:42 PM

Shane Moseley certainly took performance enhancing substances including EPO although claimed he did so ignorant of what he was doing.....

Brandon Rios failed a drugs test after fighting Manny Pacquiao and Kid Galahad was banned in the UK recently. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr tested positive for cannabis, Roy Jones Jr failed a drugs test but no action was taken, Richard Hall failed a test after the same fight, Antonio Tarver failed drugs tests on 2 seperate occasions, the great Pernell Whittaker had a win changed to a no contest after failing a drugs test, James Toney suffered a similar fate after beating John Ruiz in a WBA heavyweight title fight, Erik Morales failed a drugs test due to sterpid use in 2012, Andre Berto failed a drugs test although that was overtuned on appeal and Francois Botha is no longer recognised as an IBF champion after failing a drugs test after a title fight for their belt.

Whilst I wouldn't argue boxing is inherently dirty I think anyone who believe any sport at elite level is clean is deluding themselves.

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2016, 07:37 AM

You clearly know it all.

Sergey I'm interested in reading more about drug taking in sport - where's the best place to go? Is there forums or are there articles kicking about?

Allant1981
17-01-2016, 07:38 AM

You love getting a reaction, its getting boring now

Pretty Boy
17-01-2016, 10:08 AM
He didn't take a fall in the sense that he went down pretending, but i thought it looked awfully like he had his guard up, had a wee look, dropped his guard to be hit, and then Haye put him down.

Call me cynical, but I'd be very surprised if that fight didn't go to script.

Just watched it and tbh I didn't see anything untoward. A guy who was hopelessly outclassed but not a didgy finish at that point.

He seemed to be shaky on his feet from the 1st time he got hit, took a couple of shots in that corner and covered up, threw a pitiful jab and Haye hit him with a right hand from the blind side.

I don't think there was any way Haye was losing that fight but he needed/needs rounds to shift ring rust and I can't see what benefit it was to him to have someone agree to lose too early.

#FromTheCapital
17-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Be interesting to see who Haye fights next. There's no point in fighting another bum and its a certainty that him and AJ will square off at some point this year, assuming they both win their fights in the interim. Haye needs some rounds and an opportunity to show he can still box at a decent level before he steps in the ring with Joshua. Perhaps a fight against Dillian Whyte would be his best bet. A victory against Whyte would tee up the Joshua fight perfectly, although I think Whyte is out of action until summer which could pose a problem.

#FromTheCapital
26-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Haye fighting at the O2 again in May. Opponent not named yet.

easty
27-01-2016, 10:31 AM

Will it be on Dave again?

#FromTheCapital
27-01-2016, 10:41 PM
Will it be on Dave again?

After his performance in the last fight I believe BBC Alba have shown interest.

DH1875
28-01-2016, 07:21 AM

They should give me a call. I'm not doing anything in May and cant be any worse than the last guy.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2016, 07:41 AM
Rumour is his next opponent could be either Shannon Briggs or Dillian Whyte.

leither17
29-01-2016, 11:14 PM
Rumour is his next opponent could be either Shannon Briggs or Dillian Whyte.

Lets go champ