cabbageandribs1875
06-01-2016, 12:53 PM
http://www.ictfc.com/news/club-news/1683-january-wallet-savers

how much would you put in the bucket if we done the same at ER :cb

Big_Franck
06-01-2016, 01:10 PM

Good on them. Interesting to read that their directors were happy with how their 'pay what you can' experiment went last year as well.

cabbageandribs1875
06-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Good on them. Interesting to read that their directors were happy with how their 'pay what you can' experiment went last year as well.

attendance for that game v st.johnstone was 3,161 on a tuesday night last january, i think that's only a few hundred more than normal

Iggy Pope
06-01-2016, 02:08 PM

Good on them. That sort of experiment at Hibs (not that I'd care for that one exactly mind) would provoke a looooong thread on here spraffing wildly about season ticket costs, loyalty points, uber fans, 'ma bairns ' ......ad nauseam.

Brightside
06-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Good on them. That sort of experiment at Hibs (not that I'd care for that one exactly mind) would provoke a looooong thread on here spraffing wildly about season ticket costs, loyalty points, uber fans, 'ma bairns ' ......ad nauseam.

and would make no difference to attendance as it may be cold and dark!

MrSmith
06-01-2016, 02:13 PM
Would make a difference to me as I would def take the kids on a Tuesday night if I could chuck £30 -£40 in a bucket!

Iggy Pope
06-01-2016, 03:17 PM
and would make no difference to attendance as it may be cold and dark!

Unless of course you never read the one per season ticket small print!

silverhibee
06-01-2016, 05:14 PM

£10

About right for the rank rotten league we are in.

NAE NOOKIE
06-01-2016, 05:22 PM
The best thing ICT could do is move from that bloody awful stadium ( sic ) and merge with Clachnacuddin, whose ground could be upgraded to Premiership standard. Change their name to Inverness United, or City, remove any sign of the colours red or blue from the new clubs strip and tell their fans who still have a petted lip over the events of 20 years ago to get bloody over it.

On the subject of the strip I can understand anybody who supported Thistle being down on ICT ... In just about every strip ICT have worn Thistle's red appears to be a reluctant afterthought, more than any other reason that's why a whole new direction is required in Inverness. In fact why not play in purple, which is what you get when you mix red & blue is it not? :greengrin

If they do all that perhaps they would get the city behind them and get crowds of 5 or 6 thousand as a matter of course, instead of coming up with barmy schemes which will never solve their long term problems.

monktonharp
06-01-2016, 05:23 PM
think this was done by another club, quite recently. Albion Rovers? and they got a decent crowd, compared to normal

NAE NOOKIE
06-01-2016, 05:33 PM
think this was done by another club, quite recently. Albion Rovers? and they got a decent crowd, compared to normal

As I recall they binned it in the end coz long term it lost them money and didn't improve crowds by anything like enough.

judas
06-01-2016, 05:56 PM
£10

About right for the rank rotten league we are in.

Agreed. Scottish football is obscenely bad value for money.

That's why I rarely go now.

monktonharp
06-01-2016, 06:30 PM

That's why I rarely go now.turned your back on yer club eh? well named:wink:

chinaman
06-01-2016, 07:31 PM
The best thing ICT could do is move from that bloody awful stadium ( sic ) and merge with Clachnacuddin, whose ground could be upgraded to Premiership standard. Change their name to Inverness United, or City, remove any sign of the colours red or blue from the new clubs strip and tell their fans who still have a petted lip over the events of 20 years ago to get bloody over it.

On the subject of the strip I can understand anybody who supported Thistle being down on ICT ... In just about every strip ICT have worn Thistle's red appears to be a reluctant afterthought, more than any other reason that's why a whole new direction is required in Inverness. In fact why not play in purple, which is what you get when you mix red & blue is it not? :greengrin

If they do all that perhaps they would get the city behind them and get crowds of 5 or 6 thousand as a matter of course, instead of coming up with barmy schemes which will never solve their long term problems.
Upgrade clach park to premier level.aye ok.new houses and flats newly built and 20 ft max from ground.
when's the last time you seen the clach ?

matty_f
06-01-2016, 09:30 PM

That's why I rarely go now.

It's a matter of opinion. I think my season ticket is great value for money.

NAE NOOKIE
06-01-2016, 11:32 PM
Upgrade clach park to premier level.aye ok.new houses and flats newly built and 20 ft max from ground.
when's the last time you seen the clach ?

Never seen Clach or their ground mate, Just took a punt coz of where their ground is, but from Google Earth I see what you mean. That doesn't change the fact that ICT's ground needs some serious action taken to stop it being the joke it is just now ..... It makes Starks park or East End park look like the Allianz Arena.

As I've said many times Scotland's 'top' clubs should at least be playing in 4 sided grounds.

ICT ............ 3 sides and a main stand with half a roof

Partick ........ 3 sides

Hamilton ..... 2 sides

Then there's Falkirk waiting in the wings.

Football is Scotland's only domestic professional sport ( Pro Rugby isn't domestic IMO ) and yet it was left to languish as millions and millions were spent on the sodding Commonwealth games. Just the 14 million quid spent turning Hampden into an athletics stadium for two weeks could have upgraded every ground in the Premiership that needs it to an acceptable standard for the next 30 years.

Sorry .. straying off the thread topic a bit :greengrin

marinello59
07-01-2016, 09:20 AM
Never seen Clach or their ground mate, Just took a punt coz of where their ground is, but from Google Earth I see what you mean. That doesn't change the fact that ICT's ground needs some serious action taken to stop it being the joke it is just now ..... It makes Starks park or East End park look like the Allianz Arena.

As I've said many times Scotland's 'top' clubs should at least be playing in 4 sided grounds.

ICT ............ 3 sides and a main stand with half a roof

Partick ........ 3 sides

Hamilton ..... 2 sides

Then there's Falkirk waiting in the wings.

Football is Scotland's only domestic professional sport ( Pro Rugby isn't domestic IMO ) and yet it was left to languish as millions and millions were spent on the sodding Commonwealth games. Just the 14 million quid spent turning Hampden into an athletics stadium for two weeks could have upgraded every ground in the Premiership that needs it to an acceptable standard for the next 30 years.

Sorry .. straying off the thread topic a bit :greengrin

Hibs managed to redevelop their ground without the Governement stepping in, it is up to other football 'businesses' to do the same surely? Given the money that comes in to football compared to other sports from TV, sponsorship and the paying fans any problems our game has are of its own making.
I was cynical about the Commonwealth Games beforehand but as a showcase for Scotland and sports that don't get a fraction of the attention fitba does it was money well spent.

NAE NOOKIE
07-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Hibs managed to redevelop their ground without the Governement stepping in, it is up to other football 'businesses' to do the same surely? Given the money that comes in to football compared to other sports from TV, sponsorship and the paying fans any problems our game has are of its own making.
I was cynical about the Commonwealth Games beforehand but as a showcase for Scotland and sports that don't get a fraction of the attention fitba does it was money well spent.

I wasn't down on the Commonwealth games as such, but when you look at the money spent on them I don't see why our so called 'national game' cant at least look for some help from the public purse, and lets not pretend we are comparing amateur and professional here when it comes to football and international athletics, I doubt a single gold medal winner on the Hampden track could have been described as amateur and I'm willing to bet the likes of Chris Hoy isn't living in poverty either, athletics is every bit as much a 'business' as football is. As for Hibs, how many clubs have been lucky enough to have a Tom Farmer to smooth the waters when it comes to infrastructure?

I'm not looking to the public purse to keep football afloat on a day to day basis, all I want to see is it getting a boost and a fair slice of the cake that is handed out to other sports, culture and the arts. 4 years ago Scottish opera ( a professional business ) received eight and a half million pounds of public money and who knows how much more since and yet I'm willing to bet a pound to a hill of beans that more people watched Motherwell last year than went to see Scottish opera.

Every year theatre, opera, ballet and other arts projects receive millions in public funds, in fact hundreds of millions over a 10 year period. Theatre, Opera, Ballet and national orchestras are all 'professional' businesses, they are important to any country on a cultural basis, but many people would argue that football is no less important than they are to the popular culture of Scotland and that in that context we ( football ) are undoubtedly being sold short compared to the amounts of money being handed out to other sports and forms of what is in the end professional entertainment.

marinello59
07-01-2016, 11:36 AM
I wasn't down on the Commonwealth games as such, but when you look at the money spent on them I don't see why our so called 'national game' cant at least look for some help from the public purse, and lets not pretend we are comparing amateur and professional here when it comes to football and international athletics, I doubt a single gold medal winner on the Hampden track could have been described as amateur and I'm willing to bet the likes of Chris Hoy isn't living in poverty either, athletics is every bit as much a 'business' as football is. As for Hibs, how many clubs have been lucky enough to have a Tom Farmer to smooth the waters when it comes to infrastructure?

I'm not looking to the public purse to keep football afloat on a day to day basis, all I want to see is it getting a boost and a fair slice of the cake that is handed out to other sports, culture and the arts. 4 years ago Scottish opera ( a professional business ) received eight and a half million pounds of public money and who knows how much more since and yet I'm willing to bet a pound to a hill of beans that more people watched Motherwell last year than went to see Scottish opera.

Every year theatre, opera, ballet and other arts projects receive millions in public funds, in fact hundreds of millions over a 10 year period. Theatre, Opera, Ballet and national orchestras are all 'professional' businesses, they are important to any country on a cultural basis, but many people would argue that football is no less important than they are to the popular culture of Scotland and that in that context we ( football ) are undoubtedly being sold short compared to the amounts of money being handed out to other sports and forms of what is in the end professional entertainment.

You make a lot of good points there and I would find it hard to argue with a lot of what you say. So I won't. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
07-01-2016, 12:49 PM
For some people January is a month where paying what you can would actually be very little.

superfurryhibby
07-01-2016, 12:57 PM
Good initiative by ICT. It will be interesting to see if it draws in any fans.

I still maintain that we could do the same at ER, for games against teams with very few away fans. The South upper could be used on this basis or with an adults pay full whack, bairns get in free basis. Might not work, but maybe we need to try a wee but creativity.

judas
09-01-2016, 04:11 PM
turned your back on yer club eh? well named:wink:

I regard myself as a Hibs fan, rather than a supporter (although, I think that one or two games per season qualifies as support, to some degree at least).

But I openly admit, that Hibs are not at the centre of my universe, in the way they are for some of my fellow netters. And If they were, I would have a problem, because I would have to justify the expense among all the other cost pressures a family man faces.

Personally, I find the notion of 'loyalty' to a football club a little bit simple minded It's certainly not reciprocal as far as I can see.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-01-2016, 05:00 PM
We would undoubtedly lose money if we attempted this.

Hibbyradge
09-01-2016, 06:24 PM
We would undoubtedly lose money if we attempted this.

Absolutely. As much as you can quickly and easily translates into as little as you feel comfortable with.

We already have fans who have concession season tickets they're not entitled to.

It's a nice idea, but the most anyone would shell out would be the current price for a ticket.

No one would pay more, even if they could.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Absolutely. As much as you can quickly and easily translates into as little as you feel comfortable with.

We already have fans who have concession season tickets they're not entitled to.

It's a nice idea, but the most anyone would shell out would be the current price for a ticket.

No one would pay more, even if they could.

Correct. Can't imagine any walk ups sticking £22 in the bucket to watch Hibs v Alloa, for example. We would however, sadly, have folk chancing it and chucking a few quid in.
Guess that's why plenty teams have now 'trialled' this-for a bit of publicity-but never continued with it beyond a game or two.

NAE NOOKIE
10-01-2016, 12:56 PM
I regard myself as a Hibs fan, rather than a supporter (although, I think that one or two games per season qualifies as support, to some degree at least).
;
But I openly admit, that Hibs are not at the centre of my universe, in the way they are for some of my fellow netters. And If they were, I would have a problem, because I would have to justify the expense among all the other cost pressures a family man faces.

Personally, I find the notion of 'loyalty' to a football club a little bit simple minded It's certainly not reciprocal as far as I can see.

I agree with most your first 2 points .... Anybody who goes to see Hibs a few times a season has the right to say they are a supporter, and money for football should always take second place to more important day to day family matters. There was many years where I myself could only justify a few games a season, having been a regular home and away before that. As I've said many times on here, if one or two game a season is what you can afford or justify and you go to those games, you are every bit as good a fan as those who can afford the whole season.

As for your last sentence. A poor choice of words I would suggest:

I would say that 99% of football fans are painfully aware that their 'loyalty' far from being reciprocated, is in fact exploited by their clubs. From ticket prices that are not reflective of the standard on the park to replica shirts produced for £2 a pop in some sweatshop in the far east that would cost £10 in Matalan being sold at £44 a time in the club shop, or a pie that would cost £1.20 in Greggs being sold for £2.50 at the stadium.

As far as I can see the overwhelming majority of football supporters accept this because they see it as a way of keeping their clubs going and are aware, at least as far as Scottish football goes, that the inflated prices are not going towards making some already rich owner even richer.

Far from being a "simple minded" affair loyalty to your club for most fans is making a conscious decision to overlook its shortcomings for the love of it, a bit like you would do with a family member or a girl. Look at the Thomson family at Dundee Utd, Stewart Milne at Aberdeen, Jack Walker at Blackburn and many others .... they didn't make millions because they were simple minded and yet were prepared to sink millions of their fortunes into the clubs they supported, with absolutely no chance of any return in a financial sense.

No ..... Loyalty to your football club is far from a thoughtless affair for most fans, even the most 'die hard' of us and woe betide any owner or chairman who is stupid enough to fall into the trap of thinking it is.

Apart from winning on the park the most a club can do to pay back the loyalty of its supporters is to acknowledge their value to the club, without sounding patronising. I think that these days Hibs are doing that as well as anybody.

superfurryhibby
10-01-2016, 01:29 PM
I agree with most your first 2 points .... Anybody who goes to see Hibs a few times a season has the right to say they are a supporter, and money for football should always take second place to more important day to day family matters. There was many years where I myself could only justify a few games a season, having been a regular home and away before that. As I've said many times on here, if one or two game a season is what you can afford or justify and you go to those games, you are every bit as good a fan as those who can afford the whole season.

As for your last sentence. A poor choice of words I would suggest:

I would say that 99% of football fans are painfully aware that their 'loyalty' far from being reciprocated, is in fact exploited by their clubs. From ticket prices that are not reflective of the standard on the park to replica shirts produced for £2 a pop in some sweatshop in the far east that would cost £10 in Matalan being sold at £44 a time in the club shop, or a pie that would cost £1.20 in Greggs being sold for £2.50 at the stadium.

As far as I can see the overwhelming majority of football supporters accept this because they see it as a way of keeping their clubs going and are aware, at least as far as Scottish football goes, that the inflated prices are not going towards making some already rich owner even richer.

Far from being a "simple minded" affair loyalty to your club for most fans is making a conscious decision to overlook its shortcomings for the love of it, a bit like you would do with a family member or a girl. Look at the Thomson family at Dundee Utd, Stewart Milne at Aberdeen, Jack Walker at Blackburn and many others .... they didn't make millions because they were simple minded and yet were prepared to sink millions of their fortunes into the clubs they supported, with absolutely no chance of any return in a financial sense.

No ..... Loyalty to your football club is far from a thoughtless affair for most fans, even the most 'die hard' of us and woe betide any owner or chairman who is stupid enough to fall into the trap of thinking it is.

Apart from winning on the park the most a club can do to pay back the loyalty of its supporters is to acknowledge their value to the club, without sounding patronising. I think that these days Hibs are doing that as well as anybody.

Well said NN. Sadly a lot of people don't understand what you've pointed out and prefer to take the uber stance or I'm more of a supporter than you position. This of course ignores the whole HSL and the premise that fans invest with no hope of any financial return, doing it because HIBs are more than just a hobby for them.

Judas mentioned being a family man and the implication was that there are other commitments , financial perhaps or just pressure on time. There are a lot of others in the same position. I remember being skint twenty five years ago with my eldest and it was bloody hard to justify going to ER on a regular basis, due to cost.

No one would realistically suggest pay what you can for the whole stadium.

However, I've said that we could use this kind of initiative for the south stand. It is barely used for most games at ER this season and costs would surely only amount to a few more stewards. Adults pay, children free. Imagination is the key. It must surely be worth a try in some shape or form.