PDA

View Full Version : This Day - 5th January 1952

iwasthere1972
05-01-2016, 02:05 PM
In front of 23,000 fans at Easter Road, Hibs routed Stirling Albion by 8-0. There were hat-tricks for Lawrie Reilly and Bobby Combe, who was standing in for the injured Willie Ormond. Eddie Turnbull chipped in with the other two. The result cemented Hibs position at the top of the league - a place they were able to hold on to until the end of the season.

23,000 against Stirling Albion and winning the league. Happy days. :aok:

By the way I wasn't there.

Keith_M
05-01-2016, 04:23 PM
In front of 23,000 fans at Easter Road, Hibs routed Stirling Albion by 8-0. There were hat-tricks for Lawrie Reilly and Bobby Combe, who was standing in for the injured Willie Ormond. Eddie Turnbull chipped in with the other two. The result cemented Hibs position at the top of the league - a place they were able to hold on to until the end of the season.

By the way I wasn't there.

My Dad was, he's mentioned it once or twice...

:greengrin

monktonharp
05-01-2016, 04:26 PM

By the way I wasn't there.you sure Bob? you look about that era:wink:

iwasthere1972
05-01-2016, 08:20 PM
you sure Bob? you look about that era:wink:

That's no very nice. :greengrin