PDA

View Full Version : Anier

Ozyhibby
05-01-2016, 01:34 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/6840386/Hibs-can-stop-Henri-Anier-returning-to-Dundee-United.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160105-_-SunScotSport-_-322582482-_-Imageandlink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
05-01-2016, 01:42 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/6840386/Hibs-can-stop-Henri-Anier-returning-to-Dundee-United.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160105-_-SunScotSport-_-322582482-_-Imageandlink

Can you copy and paste it here?

Bayern Bru
05-01-2016, 01:46 PM
DUNDEE UNITED are sweating over the return of loan striker Henri Anier after failing to include a recall clause in their agreement with Hibs.

Tannadice boss Mixu Paatelainen spoke last month of his desire to bring Anier and Robbie Muirhead, then on loan at Partick Thistle, back to boost his attacking options this month.

While Muirhead cut short his time at Firhill yesterday, Paatelainen has been forced to backtrack on the Estonian after they realised the decision is not theirs to make.

The Hibees have Anier tied up for the season, and there would have to be agreement between all three parties for that to be torn up.

Though the 25-year-old has endured an injury-plagued stint at Easter Road, he has made a couple of important cameos from the bench recently and head coach Alan Stubbs is reluctant to let him leave.

Unless Stubbs decides he can bring in someone else, United will be forced to look elsewhere.

Hibby Gav
05-01-2016, 01:48 PM
DUNDEE UNITED are sweating over the return of loan striker Henri Anier after failing to include a recall clause in their agreement with Hibs.
Tannadice boss Mixu Paatelainen spoke last month of his desire to bring Anier and Robbie Muirhead, then on loan at Partick Thistle, back to boost his attacking options this month.
While Muirhead cut short his time at Firhill yesterday, Paatelainen has been forced to backtrack on the Estonian after they realised the decision is not theirs to make.
The Hibees have Anier tied up for the season, and there would have to be agreement between all three parties for that to be torn up.
Though the 25-year-old has endured an injury-plagued stint at Easter Road, he has made a couple of important cameos from the bench recently and head coach Alan Stubbs is reluctant to let him leave.
Unless Stubbs decides he can bring in someone else, United will be forced to look elsewhere.

Big_Franck
05-01-2016, 01:54 PM

Cheers. Well that's that cleared up then. Hopefully he stays as without Farid he offers us a different option up front.

Coults1875
05-01-2016, 02:01 PM
I really like him and reckon he'll do us a turn with a bit more game time. Hard to just now though with Malonga/Keatings and Cummings first on the team sheet week in week out.

DH1875
05-01-2016, 02:04 PM
I'd let him go back but they need to put it in writting that he cant play against us in any playoffs we might face against each other in.

Thecat23
05-01-2016, 02:11 PM
It would be bad if Hibs stop him going back. I fully think Stubbs will allow him to go. Admin error that shouldn't have been overlooked but we should allow them to recall him if they really need it.

JimBHibees
05-01-2016, 02:19 PM
It would be bad if Hibs stop him going back. I fully think Stubbs will allow him to go. Admin error that shouldn't have been overlooked but we should allow them to recall him if they really need it.

Not sure how it would be bad we have the option of extending the loan to the end of the season. I would imagie Stubbs will make his decision based on a conversation with teh player i.e what does he want to do. Wouldnt be altogether surprised if he said he wants to stay here though in saying that he may want to impress Mixu. He does offer something different and has done well from the bench v Falkirk and QOS.

truehibernian
05-01-2016, 02:19 PM

Potentially strengthening a 'potential' play off opponent though TC ?

Knowing our luck they'd get a run of results, we would get them in a play off and Anier would score the winner !!!

I'd keep him, especially after his two assists and contribution from the bench and due to Farid probably not playing for us again.

Thecat23
05-01-2016, 02:32 PM
Not sure how it would be bad we have the option of extending the loan to the end of the season. I would imagie Stubbs will make his decision based on a conversation with teh player i.e what does he want to do. Wouldnt be altogether surprised if he said he wants to stay here though in saying that he may want to impress Mixu. He does offer something different and has done well from the bench v Falkirk and QOS.

Don't get me wrong I'd want to keep him myself as I've liked the look of him. But telling Utd no could cause problems down the line for any potential loan or transfers.

If he wants to stay then all three parties should sit down and go over everything. That way everyone knows where they stand. But we should at least sit down with them.

Thecat23
05-01-2016, 02:33 PM

Knowing our luck they'd get a run of results, we would get them in a play off and Anier would score the winner !!!

I'd keep him, especially after his two assists and contribution from the bench and due to Farid probably not playing for us again.

I'd be making sure if he did go back and they finished 2nd bottom he can't play if we were to meet in the play offs. Because you know that he would score 😩

B.H.F.C

All parties signed the contract so if Hibs have the option, and want to keep him, then they should do. It's not necessarily an error, maybe it's the way Hibs insisted on having the deal done.

I can't imagine he's desperate to get back up to Utd anyway. Just not sure how desperate we will be to keep him either.

SanFranHibs
I think Stubbs should and may have, asked Anier if he would like to return in the hope of more playing time. If he says yes we should let him return.

Of course this assumes that United are seeking his return and given their plight i would imagine so.

We can't worry about a scenario where we dont win the league and manage to win the Championship playoff and Dundee Utd have managed to become our opponent.

I think it would be a 'noble' gesture given their plight.

But then I have no insight into Stubb's personnel plans for the remainder of the season.

we are hibs
05-01-2016, 02:40 PM
With the abuse he gets from Dundee United fans on Twitter I'd be surprised if he didn't want to stay.

Big_Franck
05-01-2016, 02:40 PM
I'd be making sure if he did go back and they finished 2nd bottom he can't play if we were to meet in the play offs. Because you know that he would score 

We'd not be able to make sure of that as he wouldn't be signing a new contract, he'd just be reverting back to his previous terms with United. I think it would have to be a 'gentleman's agreement' type situation which, should they be short of strikers, they could well break.

I'd want him to stay but that's me presuming that the player also wants to stay. If he doesn't, then when we have signed a similar replacement later in Jan, we should let him return.

Roxyhibee
05-01-2016, 02:43 PM

Exactly.!

We should definitely keep him - I like what I've seen of him so far - he's strong, different, full of aggressive running and wants the ball all the time. And the way we are hanging on for 1 goal victories at the moment, he's a great 'release' to bring on when our over-passing system is putting us under a bit pressure toward the end of a game.

The deal was for the season. Let Thompson put has hand in his pocket and spend some of those millions he made selling just about their whole team.! Christ knows, he's not spending it developing the ground - dread the seats in that away stand at Tannadice - it's an endurance on my ageing bones.

Baldy Foghorn
05-01-2016, 02:46 PM
From the cameo appearances he has made, I like the look of him. Would like to see more of him, think he gives another good option for us.......

grammyb111
05-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Put this on another thread:

Below is a word for word extract of Stubbs' interview on Saturday, make of it what you will:

Q There were four strikers on the bench, does that mean someone will move on?
AS: Not from my point of view, I’m not concerned with anyone leaving, we’re not thinking that way, but obviously players have to want to stay. I can understand that players want to play, but no-one has said that to me just yet, they may do, but no-one has yet.

Q Do Dundee United have an option to take back Henri Anier in January?
AS: No, we have an option. If we want to take that option up, we can turn it into a season long loan.

Q So Dundee United are unable to recall Henri Anier?
AS: I’ve spoken to Mixu already about it already. There is something in the agreement where by a certain date we need to inform Dundee United that we want to take up that option.

Q Do you think you will take up that option?
AS: There’s a good chance.

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2016, 02:58 PM
Hibs should do the right thing and release him if Dundee Utd want their player back.

JimBHibees
05-01-2016, 03:03 PM
Hibs should do the right thing and release him if Dundee Utd want their player back.

Even though they agreed previously that we had the option to extend?

BoomtownHibees
05-01-2016, 03:03 PM

No they shouldn't. If the player wants to go back then yes, I see no point in Hibs keeping him. But if we want him and he wants to stay here then we should keep him

JimBHibees
05-01-2016, 03:04 PM
No they shouldn't. If the player wants to go back then yes, I see no point in Hibs keeping him. But if we want him and he wants to stay here then we should keep him

Agree.

Thecat23
05-01-2016, 03:08 PM
All three parties must be in agreement defo. But Hibs should at least sit down with someone from Utd along with Arnier. If he wants to stay here then Hibs should then say we will keep him.

Thecat23
05-01-2016, 03:09 PM
Put this on another thread:

Below is a word for word extract of Stubbs' interview on Saturday, make of it what you will:

Q There were four strikers on the bench, does that mean someone will move on?
AS: Not from my point of view, I’m not concerned with anyone leaving, we’re not thinking that way, but obviously players have to want to stay. I can understand that players want to play, but no-one has said that to me just yet, they may do, but no-one has yet.

Q Do Dundee United have an option to take back Henri Anier in January?
AS: No, we have an option. If we want to take that option up, we can turn it into a season long loan.

Q So Dundee United are unable to recall Henri Anier?
AS: I’ve spoken to Mixu already about it already. There is something in the agreement where by a certain date we need to inform Dundee United that we want to take up that option.

Q Do you think you will take up that option?
AS: There’s a good chance.

👍🏼

worcesterhibby
05-01-2016, 03:09 PM
I would love to see Anier getting a couple of full games. He has contributed well in the few minutes he as had on the pitch so far

Bostonhibby
05-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Let's put Hibs first. Let them sweat if it's in our interests

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2016, 03:11 PM
We should do what's best for us. Enough of the let's be nice guys routine.

ekhibee
Yep, that's my take on it too. If he wants to stay, and Stubbs is happy with that, then that's fine with me. And as another poster has already mentioned, the DU fans don't even rate him, so it's not as if Hibs are being unreasonable. But if we do decide to be 'nice' to them on the basis of future dealings, I would keep an eye out for the Soutar situation, he's a good young player IMO.

Roxyhibee

Agree with this 100%.

Stevie Reid
05-01-2016, 03:12 PM
If he wants to stay and we want him, that's fine by me. I think Utd are down anyway, but we don't want to be strengthening them (if we have a choice not to) and potentially be playing them in a play off.

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2016, 03:29 PM

Exactly, FFS who is number 1 here? :confused:

trev the hat
05-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Utd & their fans couldn't get him out the door quick enough when we took him on loan. Making fun that we were more than welcome to him at the time. I'd guess he won't be in a rush to go back. He's getting some important game time for us & I'd be delighted if he seen the season out. Stubbs will rightly do what's best for Hibs while consulting the player.

Wilson
05-01-2016, 03:34 PM

Exactly. Just don't be surprised if what is best for us turns out to be letting Anier return to United.

007 Mickey Weir
05-01-2016, 03:38 PM
I think we should tell them that we will discuss with them at the END of the window. That way it gives us time to find a replacement. If at that stage we still need him and he wants to say then sorry he is our player until June.

Craig_HFC
05-01-2016, 03:47 PM

Was just about to post this exact sentiment before I seen your post.

Well said.

bingo70
05-01-2016, 03:56 PM
I think people are overplaying how good he's been in the games he's come on. He's had a couple of nice touches but I think he's looked pretty ***** at times too.

If we could send him back to Utd but include a clause he can't play against us in the playoff and bring in someone on a permanent deal (kiltie maybe?) I'd be delighted with that

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Sporting Integrity.

Baldy Foghorn
05-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Was involved in both of our late goals against Falkirk and QOTS.......

bingo70
05-01-2016, 04:07 PM
Was involved in both of our late goals against Falkirk and QOTS.......

Absolutely, he deserves credit for that but let's not get carried away, he came on at a great time for a striker with us pummelling the opposition at the time and although what he did was good he never quite single handily rescued those games, against Falkirk he basically got the ball into the mixture the only way he could and against qots he made a 10 yard pass to gray who really gets credited with the assist. He also had a pretty honking miss when through one on one against qots.

I know it sounds like I'm going out my way to be negative about him but I'm not, I'm just trying to be a bit more realistic about his capabilities than some people on this thread are suggesting.

.Sean.
05-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Nevermind sending him back, I'd have him on from the start on Saturday

Roxyhibee
05-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Absolutely, he deserves credit for that but let's not get carried away, he came on at a great time for a striker with us pummelling the opposition at the time and although what he did was good he never quite single handily rescued those games, against Falkirk he basically got the ball into the mixture the only way he could and against qots he made a 10 yard pass to gray who really gets credited with the assist. He also had a pretty honking miss when through one on one against qots.

I know it sounds like I'm going out my way to be negative about him but I'm not, I'm just trying to be a bit more realistic about his capabilities than some people on this thread are suggesting.

Not sure we were 'pummelling the opposition' at that point - I think he and Dom made a lot more happen up front when they came on, got the crowd going again, upset their defenders and that's how we ended up with 3 points.

I hear what you're saying - no one is saying we have a gifted touch player here with a beautiful shot - but Stubbs obviously wants this type of challenging player on the bench to change things when the opposition have formed a frustrating shape against us and Farids ongoing absence has called for Anier - and I like him being there and think we need him for the foreseeable future.

Baldy Foghorn
05-01-2016, 04:20 PM

Think I would like to see him get more game time, to gives us a better indication of what he has got to offer

Big_Franck
05-01-2016, 04:25 PM
Sporting Integrity.

Absolutely. Respect the contracts (and the clauses therein) that your club signs.

northeast hibby
05-01-2016, 04:27 PM
the boy deserves a chance to be at the best club in the world .. he is an ex spl player so could do us a turn if he gets properly fit

NAE NOOKIE
05-01-2016, 04:27 PM
If I was him I'd be winging it back to Utd. His total game time at ER has been about 20 minutes, in which time to be fair he has made a contribution. But Utd are crying out for a winning formula just now and there is every chance Mixu would chuck him into the starting line up just to see if he can make a difference.

Should we let him go?

Nice sporting fair minded Nae Nookie says yes. Fed up of Hibs being seen as a soft touch Nae Nookie says no.

PatHead
05-01-2016, 04:28 PM
Without doubt we should do whatever is best for Hibs.

Dundee Utd have obviously made a cock up and not included a recall clause as they had thought. David Southern obviously doing a good job.

Baldy Foghorn
05-01-2016, 04:30 PM
Hibs hold the aces here, UTD knew of the clause in agreement. If we want him to stay, he stays......

Bayern Bru
05-01-2016, 04:35 PM
If Dundee United were daft enough not to put a recall clause in the deal then hell mend them. And I hope we hang onto him after his loan deal provided he does the biz in the second half of the season.

AlbertK86
05-01-2016, 04:51 PM

Agree

offshorehibby
05-01-2016, 05:13 PM
as somebody said earlier utd and their fans were only to glad to get rid of him. Hibs have also spent a lot of time nursing him through an injury. if AS thinks he will do us a turn and he wants to stay then he should.

Argylehibby
05-01-2016, 05:16 PM
Who says Utd made a mistake when the contract was prepared initially? They were happy to get shot of him and were probably happy that there was no way he could be returned as unwanted by us. It's now bitten them on the backside and it's tough. He wasn't fit to play for us for a large part of the season and we were no doubt paying his wages while he recovered. So why would we be happy to cover another teams players wages and teatment then as soon as he is fit enough hand him back for nothing? We are not a charity and if we were going to agree to his early release then we should be looking for some compensation first.

scoopyboy
05-01-2016, 05:21 PM
I think if we want Hibs to bring more players in then its likely players will have to go out.

With Anier I liken it to a game of pontoon, stick or twist.

Stick with Anier or twist and let him go back to Utd and bring another in.

I think that's how AS sees it as well.

dmc1875
05-01-2016, 05:26 PM
He links well with Malonga. Id have Cummings, Arnier and Malonga starting Saturday.

cabbageandribs1875
05-01-2016, 05:38 PM

this :agree: after asking the player for his views

Iceman1875
05-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Wait a minute....He's only 25! [emoji33] he looks early 30's which I though he was!

FWIW I'd let him go back if there's a better option out there. If not, he's our man until May.

At Easter Road we play...

Sir David Gray
05-01-2016, 07:00 PM
I'd let him go back but they need to put it in writting that he cant play against us in any playoffs we might face against each other in.

We wouldn't be able to ask them to do any such thing.

If they did leave him out of any play off, it would be an informal agreement.

I'm sure a club got into bother for doing something similar a few years ago.

Sir David Gray
05-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Sporting Integrity.

I'm not sure if you're at the wind up here or not but we need to look after number one.

If Dundee United didn't include any recall clause in the loan agreement, that's their problem.

Iggy Pope
05-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Sporting stupidity maybe?

Argylehibby
05-01-2016, 09:08 PM
Never mind the league, I can see him scoring the winner in the Scottish cup final against us in May if we let him go. (Aye I know that's far fetched as it will take a lot more than Anier to get utd to the final!)

macca70
05-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Get him played and cup tied on Saturday, in case we get through and come up against United.

I suspect the reason there was no recall clause was because they couldn't get shot of him quick enough.

Ultimately it should be Stubbs decision, if he wants him and feels he needs him in the squad then keep him.

Last thing we need though is a disgruntled player who doesn't want to be here upsetting the feel good factor that we seem to have around the training ground/dressing room.

Think player and our manager need to sit down and talk it through.

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2016, 09:40 PM
Absolutely. Respect the contracts (and the clauses therein) that your club signs.

Nothing to do with it.

givescotlandfreedom
05-01-2016, 09:42 PM
I think it will be up to the player at the end of the day. I doubt Stubbs will make him stay here if he wants to go but it wouldn't be in his (or Mixu's) interests to go to Tannadice if he doesn't want to be there. I'd like to keep him.

Greenworld
05-01-2016, 09:44 PM
Im sure AS will be doing what is best for hibs that is what he is paid for.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2016, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure if you're at the wind up here or not but we need to look after number one.

If Dundee United didn't include any recall clause in the loan agreement, that's their problem.

Yes I know but that's not what I am talking about, he's their player hardly used by us but now all of a sudden he's a massive asset. Do the right thing Hibs that is what I am saying never mind all this pish of contracts and release clauses mistake or not. Sporting Integrity.

tamig
05-01-2016, 09:50 PM
Yes I know but that's not what I am talking about, he's their player hardly used by us but now all of a sudden he's a massive asset. Do the right thing Hibs that is what I am saying never mind all this pish of contracts and release clauses mistake or not. Sporting Integrity.

Hardly used? Has he not been injured for all of his time here and only been fit recently? I'm sure he's been in every squad when he's been available.

macca70
05-01-2016, 09:53 PM

We're potentially 1 injury/suspension to Dom or Cummings away from him being a 1st team starter.

B.H.F.C
05-01-2016, 09:56 PM

How is a contract or a clause pish? All parties knew what they signed. if anything it would show a bit integrity to honour that would it not?

Hibs should look after number one, whether that means punting him or keeping him.

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2016, 09:57 PM
No point in repeating myself any more I'm out.

Sammy7nil
05-01-2016, 10:10 PM

Don't agree at all, Utd gave him to us he is our player until the season ends, unless we agree with the player he can return.

silverhibee
05-01-2016, 10:22 PM
From the cameo appearances he has made, I like the look of him. Would like to see more of him, think he gives another good option for us.......

Maybe ask him out on a date, you never no. :greengrin

Ronniekirk
05-01-2016, 10:22 PM

He hardly played for us because he was injured for so long .Now that he is fit ,Stubbs will be assessing his value to the squad .However well before he played his first game Stubbs was talking about him being an important player for us in the second part of the season ,which clearly indicated he had seen enough of him in Training to suggest he thought he was good enough to keep .
I trust Stubbs will decide what's best for us ,and not united .

Sir David Gray
05-01-2016, 10:25 PM

He's been injured for most of the time that he's been here and only became available for selection in the last month or so. Since then he's appeared regularly from the bench and most people on here seem to be in agreement that he's looked quite useful.

silverhibee
05-01-2016, 10:26 PM

Is he ready and fit to start games though. :aok:

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2016, 10:26 PM
If we send him back, then all we will have done is take him on loan while he was injured and pay his wages while he regained fitness, then sent him back.

silverhibee
05-01-2016, 10:28 PM
I think if we want Hibs to bring more players in then its likely players will have to go out.

With Anier I liken it to a game of pontoon, stick or twist.

Stick with Anier or twist and let him go back to Utd and bring another in.

I think that's how AS sees it as well.

So, stick or twist. :greengrin

Green Badger
05-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Get him played and cup tied on Saturday, in case we get through and come up against United.

I suspect the reason there was no recall clause was because they couldn't get shot of him quick enough.

Ultimately it should be Stubbs decision, if he wants him and feels he needs him in the squad then keep him.

Last thing we need though is a disgruntled player who doesn't want to be here upsetting the feel good factor that we seem to have around the training ground/dressing room.

Think player and our manager need to sit down and talk it through.

Agree 100%. If Anier wants to stay and Stubbs wants him in the squad we keep him.

Ronniekirk
05-01-2016, 10:35 PM
Is he ready and fit to start games though. :aok:

That's what we don't know silver, as its not like his appearances from the bench are increasing to build up his match fitness So Stubbs doesn't rate Him enough to play him more despite him accepting we haven't been hitting the heights form wise.
or maybe he is nursing him along just now , but if he has already decided he is keeping him ,I think he needs a longer run out to see what he can do .But if all he does is come off the bench and influence games in our favour he has to be worth keeping .

The Harp
05-01-2016, 10:38 PM
I have the upmost faith in Alan Stubbs to do the right thing from Hibs perspective. Would expect he's spoken to Anier, so unless he expressed a wish to return to United, I can see us keeping hold of him

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2016, 10:39 PM
If we send him back, then all we will have done is take him on loan while he was injured and pay his wages while he regained fitness, then sent him back.

I'm sure Dundee United will offer us a refund in wages plus physio etc. It's only fair isn't it? Sporting integrity and that.

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2016, 10:45 PM
I'm sure Dundee United will offer us a refund in wages plus physio etc. It's only fair isn't it? Sporting integrity and that.

Yawn.

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2016, 10:46 PM
Yawn.

They wouldn't want us to be out of pocket would they? Just cos it's not in the contract that they'll his pay medical fees and wages doesn't mean it's fair.

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2016, 10:48 PM
They wouldn't want us to be out of pocket would they? Just cos it's not in the contract that they'll his pay medical fees and wages doesn't mean it's fair.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You'd have been better staying out of this like you said. Your original point was even more ridiculous than your last 2 posts.

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2016, 10:53 PM
You'd have been better staying out of this like you said. Your original point was even more ridiculous than your last 2 posts.

My opinion.

147lothian
05-01-2016, 10:57 PM

Is it Sporting Integrity to play a player who is injured?

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2016, 10:58 PM
Is it Sporting Integrity to play a player who is injured?

What do you think?

portyhibernian
05-01-2016, 11:03 PM
Seems a useful player. If he and Stubbs want him to stay then keep him. I don't really care what happens to Dundee United.

147lothian
05-01-2016, 11:05 PM
What do you think?

I think its not, and that he has looked good when he's came off the bench and that he has something to offer, certainly good cover for Cummings and Malonga, I hope we can sign him, obviously Stubbs has seen more of him than me and in Stubbs I trust

Jim44
05-01-2016, 11:30 PM
One simple question. What is more important? Our promotion or DUtd's relegation. No brainer.

truehibernian
05-01-2016, 11:47 PM
One simple question. What is more important? Our promotion or DUtd's relegation. No brainer.

This !

Lucius Apuleius
06-01-2016, 06:28 AM
I just find it so hard to believe that people who are dealing with contracts do not have the intelligence to ensure all angles are covered in case of any eventuality. United should have had a clause allowing them to recall him should they so wish. Maybe we wanted no such clause? Bottom line is contracts are there to be followed.

CRAZYHIBBY
06-01-2016, 07:25 AM
I would keep him just to piss the utd fans off...they enjoyed rubbing our noses in it when we had that poor team, now it's their turn. .i also remember rankin saying how he was joining a bigger club after he left us

J-C
06-01-2016, 08:06 AM
We've just signed Dagnall who as far as I can see is fit and ready to play, let Anier go as he is only being played as an impact sub.

We have Cummings, Malnga, Keatings and Dagnall, plus we can use Boyle as a makeshift forward, that's enough forwards to be going on with, I omitted Farid as I don't think he'll play again.

I would like us to strengthen the midfield particularly the left hand side, we've looked very jaded in recent weeks, remember we have a very young midfield and it's starting to show.

BSEJVT
06-01-2016, 08:11 AM
Once a contract is signed both parties are bound by it whether they like it or not.

Keeping Anier has nothing to do with sporting integrity.

If Stubbs thinks he can do a job for us its a no brainer.

Conversely if he thinks he can get better with the money and its suits the player and United we should let him go.

Fwiw I would rather see us spending the cash on finding the next Cummings or McGinn.

We need to go back to the days of keeping an eye on what's on our own doorstep and picking up that talent.

Pre McGinn I couldn't tell you the last non youth player we picked up from a Scottish club and developed.

The current set up look as though they are capable of doing this and also picking up Scottish talent that hasn't flourished down south.

Given the choice I would have rather have only exceptional non UK players or for that matter exceptional non Scottish players in our team, but appreciate that will take years if ever to achieve.

Off the current squad for example for me only Malonga fits that bill

Oxley and Fontaine are both very good players but I don't think Liam is so much better than Jordan and there are plenty Scottish keepers equivalent to Mark Oxley.

BTW this isn't xenophobic or whatever, I just thing its easier to identify with Scottish Players who have an understanding of the club and its position in Scottish Football

scoopyboy
06-01-2016, 08:59 AM
So, stick or twist. :greengrin

twist mate.

JimBHibees
06-01-2016, 09:00 AM
Once a contract is signed both parties are bound by it whether they like it or not.

Conversely if he thinks he can get better with the money and its suits the player and United we should let him go.

Fwiw I would rather see us spending the cash on finding the next Cummings or McGinn.

We need to go back to the days of keeping an eye on what's on our own doorstep and picking up that talent.

Pre McGinn I couldn't tell you the last non youth player we picked up from a Scottish club and developed.

The current set up look as though they are capable of doing this and also picking up Scottish talent that hasn't flourished down south.

Given the choice I would have rather have only exceptional non UK players or for that matter exceptional non Scottish players in our team, but appreciate that will take years if ever to achieve.

Oxley and Fontaine are both very good players but I don't think Liam is so much better than Jordan and there are plenty Scottish keepers equivalent to Mark Oxley.

BTW this isn't xenophobic or whatever, I just thing its easier to identify with Scottish Players who have an understanding of the club and its position in Scottish Football

I am not sure there are to be honest especially within our budget.

GloryGlory
06-01-2016, 09:03 AM

Cummings? :wink:

BSEJVT
06-01-2016, 09:23 AM
Cummings? :wink:

youth?

DH1875
06-01-2016, 09:30 AM
Questions, does his deal run until the league has finished, the cup final or the last playoff date? Also, if it is the playoffs, can he/would he be able to play if we played Utd in the playoffs?

J-C
06-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Questions, does his deal run until the league has finished, the cup final or the last playoff date? Also, if it is the playoffs, can he/would he be able to play if we played Utd in the playoffs?

A season long loan will be just that, our season finishes when the play offs are finished.

J-C
06-01-2016, 09:34 AM
youth?

He was 18 when he signed, technically still youth.

147lothian
06-01-2016, 10:33 AM

I agree with this part

Argylehibby
06-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Scouse, you have stated your opinion but as far as i can see you have not countered any of the arguements put forward by those who think he should stay. I'd like to add another point to the reasons we should not release him and that is this. Would Hibs have signed the contract if the clause on early release was in it? I'm pretty sure we knew he was injured when he signed and if so the prospect of him heading back to tanadice as soon as he was fit could well have made the deal unworkable from our point of view.

It's like buying someones house and they turn up 6 months later saying they want it back because they don't like the one they have now saying we meant to put a clause in that we had a 6 months cooling off period but we forgot. Oh and by the way thanks for sorting the dodgy guttering while we were away.

Jim44
06-01-2016, 12:09 PM
Scouse, you have stated your opinion but as far as i can see you have not countered any of the arguements put forward by those who think he should stay. I'd like to add another point to the reasons we should not release him and that is this. Would Hibs have signed the contract if the clause on early release was in it? I'm pretty sure we knew he was injured when he signed and if so the prospect of him heading back to tanadice as soon as he was fit could well have made the deal unworkable from our point of view.

It's like buying someones house and they turn up 6 months later saying they want it back because they don't like the one they have now saying we meant to put a clause in that we had a 6 months cooling off period but we forgot. Oh and by the way thanks for sorting the dodgy guttering while we were away.

:agree: 100%

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2016, 12:10 PM

Excellent analogy.

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2016, 12:15 PM

Didn't realise we had bought him?

Argylehibby
06-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Didn't realise we had bought him?

True, maybe not the best example but you still haven't addressed any of the various reasons put forward by those who don't think we should just let him return because he's "their player". Including the one I raised in the same post you refer to about whether we would have entered into the agreement if the clause had been there.

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2016, 12:27 PM
Excellent analogy.

Apart from what Scouse said (in between naps).

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2016, 12:31 PM
True, maybe not the best example but you still haven't addressed any of the various reasons put forward by those who don't think we should just let him return because he's "their player". Including the one I raised in the same post you refer to about whether we would have entered into the agreement if the clause had been there.

My whole point was made because I read they had made an error in not including a recall clause. I have no idea if this was intentional or if Hibs only signed him because of it. My point still stands and no matter how many people slag my opinion or have sly wee digs on other threads,I still hold my opinion.

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Apart from what Scouse said (in between naps).

I'll keep you right.

Borderhibbie76
06-01-2016, 01:18 PM

Have to disagree imo Fontaine is a far stronger CH than Forster...let's like Forster but nowhere near as consistent as Fontaine is

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jim44
06-01-2016, 01:32 PM
In terms of wages, what arrangements can used in players loans? In some cases I've read that the lending club will foot the bill and in others, a share of wages is applied.

Stevie Reid
06-01-2016, 01:56 PM
In terms of wages, what arrangements can used in players loans? In some cases I've read that the lending club will foot the bill and in others, a share of wages is applied.

It usually involves either the club that the player is being loaned to paying all the wages, or the parent club paying a share. In the case of Feruz, there's not a chance that we'll be paying all of his wages, Chelsea will be covering the vast majority - in Anier's case, we may well be paying all of them.

EPL teams loan players to lower league teams all the time, so I'd imagine that the majority of these deals involve the parent club taking a small portion in exchange for their players getting competitive experience. In the case of loan deals between two teams in the same league, I would imagine that the club the player has been loaned out to would cover all wages.

SanFranHibs
06-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Excellent analogy.

Not an excellent analogy as we did not buy Anier. We borrowed him.

SanFranHibs
06-01-2016, 02:20 PM
I agree with Scouse Hibee although as i said in a previous post and others have said after Stubbs talks with Anier. There is a good chance he might want more playing time as he most likely will be with United next season anyhow.

BSEJVT
06-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Have to disagree imo Fontaine is a far stronger CH than Forster...let's like Forster but nowhere near as consistent as Fontaine is

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion

For me Forster's best years are ahead of him, whilst Fontaine's probably aren't.

I would think as well that Jordan is by far the cheaper option and don't see there being that much difference ability wise.

I also prefer the idea that we promote our own players if its marginal, as that encourages more younger players to think they have a chance at ER and choose us rather than elsewhere.

Caversham Green
06-01-2016, 02:33 PM
OK, my take on the sporting integrity debate:

Hibs took Anier on a season-long loan for a reason - that means that he is a part of our manager's plans for the whole season. Likewise, Dundee United were happy to release him for the whole season (I don't believe for a minute that they forgot to put a recall clause in). We didn't buy him but we contracted his services for the whole of the period agreed - I suspect there was an element of try before you buy about the whole deal and if Hibs had been willing to take the player on permanently straight away United would have let him go for a price and then there would have been no question of a recall. Argylehibby's analogy is good IMO, but to raise another one, if you hire a car for a month you don't expect it to be recalled halfway through.

Hibs can't be expected to legislate for Dundee United's current problems - they are moving the goalposts, not us. If there is any breach of 'sporting integrity' it's on United's part for expecting us to alter our plans for their benefit.

Iggy Pope
06-01-2016, 02:41 PM
Not an excellent analogy as we did not buy Anier. We borrowed him.

Caversham's follow up analogy is however quite excellent while making the same point. This is a ludicrous discussion and IMO lacks integrity...... Or scrutiny for that matter.

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2016, 02:50 PM

Hibs took Anier on a season-long loan for a reason - that means that he is a part of our manager's plans for the whole season. Likewise, Dundee United were happy to release him for the whole season (I don't believe for a minute that they forgot to put a recall clause in). We didn't buy him but we contracted his services for the whole of the period agreed - I suspect there was an element of try before you buy about the whole deal and if Hibs had been willing to take the player on permanently straight away United would have let him go for a price and then there would have been no question of a recall. Argylehibby's analogy is good IMO, but to raise another one, if you hire a car for a month you don't expect it to be recalled halfway through.

Hibs can't be expected to legislate for Dundee United's current problems - they are moving the goalposts, not us. If there is any breach of 'sporting integrity' it's on United's part for expecting us to alter our plans for their benefit.

I'm not suggesting he can be recalled without our say so and as for your monthly car hire anology,I wouldn't have it sitting outside my house broken and unable to be used for part of the hire either.

Caversham Green
06-01-2016, 03:00 PM
I'm not suggesting he can be recalled without our say so and as for your monthly car hire anology,I wouldn't have it sitting outside my house broken and unable to be used for part of the hire either.

In which case I don't understand your point about sporting integrity - if Anier is still in Stubbs's plans we should keep him as agreed if he's not we let him return.

As with most analogies the hire car one only goes so far. The fact remains that all parties agreed to the arrangement and the fact that it it now appears to be inconvenient for United is unfortunate but has nothing to do with sporting integrity (IMO).

Thecat23
06-01-2016, 03:02 PM

For what's it's worth I get what your saying mate. I think If they want him and he's not to fussed then Hibs should fire him back and look for better as he's not exactly getting much game time anyway.

But if he wants to stay and Hibs want him then after thinking about it I'd tell Utd that he's staying until the season finishes. One thing though it may turn any future transfers with them sour.

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2016, 03:10 PM
For what's it's worth I get what your saying mate. I think If they want him and he's not to fussed then Hibs should fire him back and look for better as he's not exactly getting much game time anyway.

But if he wants to stay and Hibs want him then after thinking about it I'd tell Utd that he's staying until the season finishes. One thing though it may turn any future transfers with them sour.

Cheers your first paragraph is exactly what I was talking about. Various reasons why we shouldn't from lots of folk who are entitled to their opinions also. I know this is not what some people agree with but in my eyes sometimes you have to do what you feel is the right thing regardless of circumstances.

CockneyRebel
06-01-2016, 03:43 PM
Cheers your first paragraph is exactly what I was talking about. Various reasons why we shouldn't from lots of folk who are entitled to their opinions also. I know this is not what some people agree with but in my eyes sometimes you have to do what you feel is the right thing regardless of circumstances.

From what I've read previously about loan arrangements there is a fairly standard form which covers the length of the loan and the % of the wage paid by each club. Any recall or termination agreements are discussed and added as amendments so I think you will find that Mixu meant that United made an error by not including any recall terms. The loaning club have the initial responsibility to draft the agreement so it would seem that United weren't fussed over it. I think this is the error Mixu refers to and not that someone "forgot". Therefore to suggest that United hold some sort of moral ground is fundamentally wrong. They thought they wouldn't need him and now Mixu thinks they do - they made an error of judgement.

PatHead
06-01-2016, 03:49 PM

So you are saying we should have returned him when he got injured and broken the contract then as it didn't suit us any more? That is real "sporting integrity".

scoopyboy
06-01-2016, 04:04 PM

Same with Islam Feruz???????

Arch Stanton
06-01-2016, 04:11 PM

I don't see why anything should be 'soured'. Since our squad has been premised (to some extent anyway) on having Arnier for the year then there should be no hard feelings if we keep him.

While he hasn't played much he definitely offers something we don't otherwise have (i.e. a bustling CF) - I would as soon let them have Boyle or Keatings tbh.

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2016, 04:18 PM
So you are saying we should have returned him when he got injured and broken the contract then as it didn't suit us any more? That is real "sporting integrity".

No.

Caversham Green
06-01-2016, 04:18 PM

In the broken car analogy you'd expect the hiring company to take the car back so in sporting integrity terms United should have offered to cancel the loan since the player was of no use to us - unless we wanted him for the full season anyway.

Same with Islam Feruz???????

Indeed, but it's not really a case of Chelsea wanting Feruz back (they've probably got sufficient cover) more that the loan didn't work out and the recall suits all parties. If that's the case with Anier then there isn't a problem but if it's not the case then we have neither legal nor moral/sporting integrity duty to return him.

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2016, 04:22 PM
I'd argue that citing 'sporting integrity' as a reason for returning Anier is equally daft. :na na:

Lol

Caversham Green
06-01-2016, 04:25 PM
Lol

You must have deleted the relevant comment before I managed to reply.

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2016, 04:28 PM
You must have deleted the relevant comment before I managed to reply.

Yes I thought it was insulting.

Caversham Green
06-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Yes I thought it was insulting.

This might surprise you, but I've had worse.

PatHead
06-01-2016, 04:39 PM
No.

Just think you are digging yourself a wee bit of a hole by stating we would be breaching "sporting integrity"..

Bottom line is that Hibs (either through Dundee Utd's incompetence or agreement) signed a deal for a player for the season with no recall clause. Their manager at the time didn't fancy him. We based our squad on having this player for the season and possibly didn't go after other targets who may have only been available until January as it didn't suit us. We wanted a player for the season - so signed Anier.

It is Dundee Utd who have moved the goalposts, not Hibs, so it follows that if there was any breach of sporting integrity it has been Dundee Utd rather than Hibs who are guilty. Personally I don't think there are any breaches. Both clubs signed a deal which suited them at the time and should stand by it.

If however it suits both clubs and the player, a return could be made.

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2016, 04:42 PM
Just think you are digging yourself a wee bit of a hole by stating we would be breaching "sporting integrity"..

Bottom line is that Hibs (either through Dundee Utd's incompetence or agreement) signed a deal for a player for the season with no recall clause. Their manager at the time didn't fancy him. We based our squad on having this player for the season and possibly didn't go after other targets who may have only been available until January as it didn't suit us. We wanted a player for the season - so signed Anier.

It is Dundee Utd who have moved the goalposts, not Hibs, so it follows that if there was any breach of sporting integrity it has been Dundee Utd rather than Hibs who are guilty. Personally I don't think there are any breaches. Both clubs signed a deal which suited them at the time and should stand by it.

I have never said we would be breaching anything! I gave my reasons for why I thought we should do it as sporting integrity.That is all.

PatHead
06-01-2016, 04:50 PM
I have never said we would be breaching anything! I gave my reasons for why I thought we should do it as sporting integrity.That is all.

Surely by not following sporting integrity you are in effect breaching it?

Maybe just best to disagree on this point and leave it at that. You also have my reasons for thinking we are doing nothing wrong.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Where's the sporting integrity in wanting a player back who's been injured and we have paid since day one, and now that he's fit thinking its fine to do that?

Hibbyradge
06-01-2016, 05:06 PM
I've not been following this thread, but am I right in saying that Dundee United gave us an injured player so that we could nurse him back to health, whilst paying his salary, in return for him playing a few minutes for us and now they want him back?

Borderhibbie76
06-01-2016, 05:09 PM
I've not been following this thread, but am I right in saying that Dundee United gave us an injured player so that we could nurse him back to health, whilst paying his salary, in return for him playing a few minutes for us and now they want him back?
Aye that's u pretty much up to speed mate

PatHead
06-01-2016, 05:12 PM

Not really. He got injured on international duty after signing for us.

silverhibee
06-01-2016, 05:22 PM

And Hibs got him fit and he then picked up another injury at EM.

J-C
06-01-2016, 05:23 PM
Seems to me a lot of people getting their knickers in a twist with regards an average player like Anier. We've just signed Dagnall who is more than capable of stepping up and replacing him, I for one won't lose any sleep if he goes back.

147lothian
06-01-2016, 05:33 PM
Where's the sporting integrity in wanting a player back who's been injured and we have paid since day one, and now that he's fit thinking its fine to do that?

Sporting integrity is in this instance a load of bologna as he was signed on a season long loan.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Seems to me a lot of people getting their knickers in a twist with regards an average player like Anier. We've just signed Dagnall who is more than capable of stepping up and replacing him, I for one won't lose any sleep if he goes back.

Me neither, not seen anywhere near enough of him to form any real kind of opinion.

Ronniekirk
06-01-2016, 05:51 PM

Not so sure it would have been incompetence on uniteds part ,think the consensus was he wasn't rated and fans weren't too bothered about him ,so they were happy to loan him out for the season .
So whether Mixu likes it or not the balls in Hibs court and as I have said before I am confident Stubbs will do what's best for Hibs

Gmack7
06-01-2016, 05:56 PM
Has he had a shot on target since signing for hibs (has feruz)

ekhibee
06-01-2016, 05:58 PM
I don't see how you can draw that conclusion at all, but I hope you're right.

anon1875
06-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Listen **** dundee united and **** mixu, they made their bed so they can lie in it. I would keep him here just so he can't play against us in the playoffs if we don't win the league.

FitbaFolkKen
06-01-2016, 06:09 PM
We've invested time and effort getting him fit and had very little game time out of him so let's keep him and get a return on our investment.

I would love for us to help Mixu out but at the end of the day Hibs come first. Their fans don't want him and he has given us a different type of presence up top which I like.

J-C
06-01-2016, 07:17 PM
I don't see how you can draw that conclusion at all, but I hope you're right.

What conclusion? He's no world beater and back up player at best, he knew the league and was another option for Stubbs, seemingly didn't get on with McNamara. If he stays so be it, if he goes I won't be overly concerned.

147lothian
07-01-2016, 08:21 PM

Good post mate! I couldn't have put it better myself!

erin go bragh
07-01-2016, 09:12 PM

No so sure about that PH . Sure he picked up that injury before he came to us on loan .

PatHead
07-01-2016, 09:26 PM
No so sure about that PH . Sure he picked up that injury before he came to us on loan .

Sure he got injured training with the national side at the time he signed. A Sky Sports report seems to back that up as no mention is made of the injury.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/9975893/hibernian-sign-henri-anier-on-loan-from-dundee-united

erin go bragh
07-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Sure he got injured training with the national side at the time he signed. A Sky Sports report seems to back that up as no mention is made of the injury.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/9975893/hibernian-sign-henri-anier-on-loan-from-dundee-united

Still a wee bit unclear but it does seem your right :)

GGTTH

PatHead
07-01-2016, 10:06 PM
Still a wee bit unclear but it does seem your right :)

GGTTH

Shucks :greengrin

lord bunberry
08-01-2016, 03:57 AM
He'd be off his rocker if he wanted to go back there. Dundee Utd are doomed to relegation and it won't be a happy place to play.

hibbymick
08-01-2016, 05:33 AM
He'd be off his rocker if he wanted to go back there. Dundee Utd are doomed to relegation and it won't be a happy place to play.

Maybe the thought of going back and helping them turn things around is on his mind rather than sitting on the bench every week.

ekhibee
08-01-2016, 05:58 PM
What conclusion? He's no world beater and back up player at best, he knew the league and was another option for Stubbs, seemingly didn't get on with McNamara. If he stays so be it, if he goes I won't be overly concerned.
Your conclusion was that Dagnall is more than capable of replacing him. I stated that I hope your right.

lord bunberry
08-01-2016, 06:00 PM
Maybe the thought of going back and helping them turn things around is on his mind rather than sitting on the bench every week.
Messi couldn't turn things around for them

E10 Rifle
08-01-2016, 06:04 PM
Your conclusion was that Dagnall is more than capable of replacing him. I stated that I hope your right.

I haven't seen much of Anier, but I've seen a lot of Dagnall and he is a very good striker with excellent work rate and a decent strike rate for Orient. I have high hopes.

ekhibee
08-01-2016, 06:11 PM
I haven't seen much of Anier, but I've seen a lot of Dagnall and he is a very good striker with excellent work rate and a decent strike rate for Orient. I have high hopes.
Yep, he had a good scoring record at Rochdale too, and the indian team. His record elsewhere was poor, but I hope you're right of course.