PDA

View Full Version : NHC Darts

Lago
04-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Watching BBC Scotland sports news and it had Gary Anderson darts champ, as it's lead item. Got me thinking, Pub game or a sport ?
For me it will only ever be a pub game.

Juice-Terry
04-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Doesn't matter. Either way it's thoroughly enjoyable viewing. Well done Gary!

cabbageandribs1875
04-01-2016, 06:16 PM
Watching BBC Scotland sports news and it had Gary Anderson darts champ, as it's lead item. Got me thinking, Pub game or a sport ?

pub game, only started watching darts last year after accessing sky tv, p@sh myself laughing at the comical entry the players make, like gladiators entering the ring :faf: only to start tossing wee bits of metal at a board a couple of feet away :greengrin

now dominoes, that's a sport, good thinking mans game :agree:

:whistle:

oh aye and p.s. 300K for winning, not a bad couple of weeks work :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
04-01-2016, 06:16 PM

Could say the same about snooker and pool.

Pretty Boy
04-01-2016, 06:30 PM
The definition of a sport would suggest darts is one.

Hiber-nation
04-01-2016, 09:04 PM
I thought this thread would have been about the BDO cooncil darts on just now.

There was actually a cracking game this afternoon between 2 Dutch lads. One had 2 darts for a 9 darter, didn't get the treble 15 but decent attempt for a BDO player. Then the commentator says that no-one's done a 9 darter in the BDO World Champs since Paul Lim in 1990! Not entirely surprising I suppose.

I see Ted Hankey's complained to security about getting abuse from the crowd. Shame!

Treadstone
04-01-2016, 09:11 PM
I see Ted Hankey's complained to security about getting abuse from the crowd. Shame!

That match was comedy gold from the entrance to the final dart.

Pretty Boy
04-01-2016, 09:12 PM

There was actually a cracking game this afternoon between 2 Dutch lads. One had 2 darts for a 9 darter, didn't get the treble 15 but decent attempt for a BDO player. Then the commentator says that no-one's done a 9 darter in the BDO World Champs since Paul Lim in 1990! Not entirely surprising I suppose.

The BDO standard thus far has been mixed.

I've seen a couple of games with some good quality darts, decent percentages on doubles and averages in the mid 90s. That's been contrasted with a couple of games, one in particular, with averages in the low 70s and double percentages less than 20%.

I reckon guys like Scott Waites and Scott Mitchell would be able to up their game and compete with the guys in the PDC.

Sir David Gray
04-01-2016, 09:14 PM

I heard that stat yesterday.

It's not surprising when you watch the standard of most of the matches.

They're quite often taking 20+ darts to checkout.

I'm not sure it meets the exact definition of a sport but it's enjoyable viewing (well the PDC one is anyway) and that will do for me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-01-2016, 09:46 PM
The definition of a sport would suggest darts is one.

I concur.

lucky
04-01-2016, 10:48 PM
Definitely a sport and a very enjoyable one

sambajustice
05-01-2016, 07:05 AM

I thought John "Boy" Walton had got a 9 darter there... I'll have to check...

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-01-2016, 01:16 PM
A guy just checked out with his 28th dart of the leg, dearie me!

Treadstone
05-01-2016, 01:54 PM
A guy just checked out with his 28th dart of the leg, dearie me!

Hankey on the doubles last night 1/24.

DaveF
06-01-2016, 06:31 AM
Hankey on the doubles last night 1/24.

Really. That's garage standard or worse!

stoneyburn hibs
07-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Tell me someone watched the Scott Waites match tonight ? I had a decent wedge on him at 1/2 but he was getting pumped three sets to nil by Geert DeVos and I had written off my money. Belgian then completely folded, losing the next four sets and the match. Phew :greengrin