PDA

View Full Version : What are these FIFA International Regs?

high bee
04-01-2016, 06:35 PM
Rangers have made a move to sign Accrington pair Josh Windass and Matt Crooks, according to Stanley's majority shareholder.

Andy Holt revealed on Twitter that he was aware Rangers had opened talks with the players, who both turn 22 this month.

In a series of tweets, which were retweeted on Accrington's official account, Holt said: "I have been informed today that rangers [sic] are talking to Josh and Crooksey about a move.

"This is unsolicited and is being done under FIFA international regs that I totally disagree with. You know as much as I do now. Come on Stanley."

This is on Sky Sports News, any idea what the what these FIFA International Regs are that he is referring to? Seems to suggest that they are speaking to the players without the clubs permission or am I reading this wrong?

JimBHibees
04-01-2016, 06:38 PM
Rangers have made a move to sign Accrington pair Josh Windass and Matt Crooks, according to Stanley's majority shareholder.

Andy Holt revealed on Twitter that he was aware Rangers had opened talks with the players, who both turn 22 this month.

In a series of tweets, which were retweeted on Accrington's official account, Holt said: "I have been informed today that rangers [sic] are talking to Josh and Crooksey about a move.

"This is unsolicited and is being done under FIFA international regs that I totally disagree with. You know as much as I do now. Come on Stanley."

This is on Sky Sports News, any idea what the what these FIFA International Regs are that he is referring to? Seems to suggest that they are speaking to the players without the clubs permission or am I reading this wrong?

I think if it is a cross border transfer on pre contract then no transfer fee is due. I think we used it when we signed Clayton Donaldson from York. Maybe wrong.

Sergey
04-01-2016, 06:42 PM
It might also be to do with any development fees. They would then be agreed by tribunal rather than between the two clubs involved.

lord bunberry
04-01-2016, 06:46 PM
They're really digging deep into that war chest now

JimBHibees
04-01-2016, 07:06 PM
I think if it is a cross border transfer on pre contract then no transfer fee is due. I think we used it when we signed Clayton Donaldson from York. Maybe wrong.

I thought Windass was highly rated would be surprised if English teams weren't interested in him. Son of Dean.

Onceinawhile
04-01-2016, 09:03 PM
It might also be to do with any development fees. They would then be agreed by tribunal rather than between the two clubs involved.

Don't need a tribunal for cross border transfers at that age.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-01-2016, 09:17 PM
Crooks on the pitch will give them the full set.

Sergey
04-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Don't need a tribunal for cross border transfers at that age.

According to the BBC they are.

However, they would be subject to compensation fees because of their ages.

See: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35228586

Andy74
04-01-2016, 10:35 PM

They are out of contract in the summer so he can disagree all he likes but nothing to stop them talking to clubs. If they wanted to take their chance at a tribunal there's no real need to talk to their club.

PatHead
04-01-2016, 10:39 PM

Mentioned this on another thread after you. Knew I had read it somewhere!

Only joking posted before I read this thread and that was my first thought. Could be 4 signings and not a penny spent from the £30m warchest.

w pilton hibby
04-01-2016, 10:44 PM

Both are out of contract the end of this season. They can sign pre-contracts with other clubs. I read it that he isn't happy with the FIFA reg allows them to talk to other clubs without their current clubs' permission.

If The Rangers want them this window then there will be fees involved.