PDA

View Full Version : NHC Rafa

Haymaker
04-01-2016, 02:43 PM
Apparently sacked by Real. Only 27 goals in his last 6 games with 6 conceded, not good enough!

Biggie
04-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Apparently sacked by Real. Only 27 goals in his last 6 games with 6 conceded, not good enough!
If true, what a joke eh?.......zidane to take over ?.....good luck to him

lapsedhibee
04-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Apparently sacked by Real.
Issafacht.

Haymaker
04-01-2016, 02:54 PM
If true, what a joke eh?.......zidane to take over ?.....good luck to him

Zizou to take over yeah, crazy. Utterly crazy.

Wilson
04-01-2016, 03:09 PM

Numbers of goals only tell part of the story. Ten of those were in one game. Beat by Villareal a couple of weeks ago. A draw against Valencia last night. Teams they should be beating. It wont have helped that Atletico are top either I suppose.

It is tough at the top clubs.

greenginger
04-01-2016, 03:12 PM
How many golden handshakes has that guy had ?

Jim44
04-01-2016, 03:30 PM
I suspect the players may have got him sacked. I read a few weeks ago that he was out of favour at the club because he would not acknowledge Ronaldo as the best player in the world, favouring Messi. Tough at the top.

jacomo
04-01-2016, 03:42 PM
Numbers of goals only tell part of the story. Ten of those were in one game. Beat by Villareal a couple of weeks ago. A draw against Valencia last night. Teams they should be beating. It wont have helped that Atletico are top either I suppose.

Especially if you work for a president who has a habit of firing coaches to cover his own failings.

You never know, Perez might appoint a manager with proper authority to build a football team. But he probably won't.

I really dislike Real Madrid. They are all about money, instead of coaching, player development or innovation. I enjoy seeing them struggle, because they really do not give a **** about anyone else.

Don't worry about Rafa though - no doubt another hefty pay off, and an opportunity to spend a bit of time with the family in Liverpool.

Michael
04-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Give the guy a chance! They're only 4 points off the top of La Liga - hardly a crisis.

BoomtownHibees
04-01-2016, 03:50 PM

Take the 10 out and it's still 17 goals in 5 games. Averaging over 3 a game is no a bad return!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-01-2016, 04:04 PM
How many golden handshakes has that guy had ?

Is that what Gary Locke got?

DH1875
04-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Been on the cards for a while. Jose was offered the job as soon as chelsea sacked him. Knocked it back but wonder if he's changed his mind.

Famous Fiver
04-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Does the 6 conceded include the 4 against Barca?

Surprised he wasn't given his jotters then.

Still, nice work if you can get it. His next job will no doubt be pretty lucrative.

givescotlandfreedom
04-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Give the guy a chance! They're only 4 points off the top of La Liga - hardly a crisis.

Try telling that to some folk on here when we're 3 behind the Huns ;)

HibsNutter
04-01-2016, 05:32 PM
They've been pummelling lesser teams but have really struggled against better opposition, and they don't really look like they'll win anything. Still think it's a bit soon to sack him, but hey, that's what it must be like as Real manager.

Iceman1875
04-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Zidane has been appointed

At Easter Road we play...

EdinMike
04-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Big risk with Zi Zi but I guess it was always bound to happen. But maybe too early, almost reminds me of a certain former player/icon turned Gaffer...

sambajustice
04-01-2016, 07:11 PM

#StubbsOut !!!

Scouse Hibee
04-01-2016, 07:13 PM
Zidane has been appointed

Laughable to appoint him just proves what a circus it is at Real Madrid.

MWHIBBIES
04-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Laughable to appoint him just proves what a circus it is at Real Madrid.Same was said about Pep, impossible to know until we have evidence.

Scouse Hibee
04-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Same was said about Pep, impossible to know until we have evidence.

Fair comment.

majorhibs
04-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Same was said about Pep, impossible to know until we have evidence.

Was at game at Mestalla last night, R.M. had a support in various different parts of the ground but not for the manager it appeared, but most importantly apart from maybe first 25 did it look like RMs mega players/internationals were really up for playing for their boss, as a neutral in what is a fne stadium I got the impression that Reals players were playing for themselves more than anything. After Mourinho at Chelsea etc, it appears to me more than ever that players are ruling the roost.

Iceman1875
04-01-2016, 07:49 PM
Laughable to appoint him just proves what a circus it is at Real Madrid.

Crazy world with Zidane at Madrid and Neville down the road at Valencia...

ScottB
04-01-2016, 08:15 PM
Seemed a strange choice, fans weren't keen, players seemed to want Ancelotti to stay.

Perez has been said to have wanted Zidane as manager for some time, but I think he didn't fancy it in the summer. Perhaps Rafa was just to come in, in full knowledge fans and players would object, so he could be punted before turning to Zizou in the clubs time of need...

Still, I hope he does well, and lasts long enough till his kids start getting games for the first team 😀

Sir David Gray
04-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Not really surprised.

It's hard to describe but I just never felt he was the right fit for Real Madrid.

Gordy M
04-01-2016, 10:26 PM
The scottish journalist Graham Hunter has reported today that Madrid approached Pep about 6 weeks ago to take over....!! He told them to bolt!'

lucky
04-01-2016, 11:09 PM
He lost 3 out of 25 matches and they sit 4 points of the top of the league. RM have only won the league twice in 12 years. The club can't keep changing managers. It does seem a harsh decision. Most of these mega clubs have lost their souls and are more interested in profit than football