PDA

View Full Version : Niklas Gunnarsson

JeMeSouviens
04-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Stolen from the bounce (thanks NorwayHibs) - expected to sign for Hibs according to Norge press ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niklas_Gunnarsson

http://www.ta.no/sport/niklas-gunnarsson/odd/pa-vei-til-skottland/s/5-50-164648

SteveHFC
04-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Great stats on FM16. :hyper

cabbageandribs1875
04-01-2016, 03:27 PM
his trademark long throw ins

but would the long throw-in actually go to one of our own players...we sorta struggle with throw-ins :cb

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-01-2016, 03:31 PM
Cover for Gray if he signs!

Hibee87
04-01-2016, 03:34 PM

or a replacement. Not having a go as I do like gray, but for me he has not been great this season. Defensively he is sound, but the end product is lacking. This bloke from Norway (according to wiki) is renowned for his crossing abilities and his long throw, so to me, stubbs realises we need a better end product down the right. Just my opinion though.

Pretty Boy
04-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Is he a right back?

Glad to see some competitiom being brought in for that position if so.

ElginHibbie
04-01-2016, 03:49 PM
Kenny Millar of the Sun just tweeted saying should be done in the next 24 hours

worcesterhibby
04-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Sounds good I usually like Scandinavians...I even Liked Jarkko Wiss !

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-01-2016, 04:12 PM
Loving his first team...Odd.

worcesterhibby
04-01-2016, 04:16 PM
I just noticed he was at Walsall as a youth...there's the glamorous world of football for you !

Since90+2
04-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Has played over 50 games in the last 2 seasons in the Allsvenskan , which is probably a slightly higher level than the top tier here , and is a good age so fingers crossed he can make an impact.

Lee Marvin
04-01-2016, 04:43 PM
Stubbs says it's 99% done. Initial loan with view to perm. Good competition at the back now!!

SQHib
04-01-2016, 04:44 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/deal-99-done-to-bring-niklas-gunnarsson-to-hibs-1-3991251

worcesterhibby
04-01-2016, 04:44 PM
https://youtu.be/GwlGHq8tZho

The last clearance is rubbish...PETRIE !!!

Michael
04-01-2016, 04:50 PM
Sounds like a promising player. If I spoke Norwegian I'd take a look at his current teams forum to see their thoughts. Maybe someone here can...?

worcesterhibby
04-01-2016, 04:51 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/deal-99-done-to-bring-niklas-gunnarsson-to-hibs-1-3991251

Headline should read...Edinburgh Evening News are 99% certain they can find a picture of Niklas Gunnersson on the internet by Tomorrow

Ronniekirk
04-01-2016, 04:53 PM
Stubbs saying he will sign tomorrow and article saying he can play anywhere along the back line That's versatility Likes to be offensive and has good delivery Decent age so hopefully has a good engine in him and has played enough games to suggest he is not injury prone .
All we need now is to wait and see who the Rabbitt our the Hat is ,as that's us got the forward and full back he said he would defo bring in .

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Sounds like a promising player. If I spoke Norwegian I'd take a look at his current teams forum to see their thoughts. Maybe someone here can...?

Oslo Hibs?

SonOfDavidFrancey
04-01-2016, 05:05 PM
Loan with a view to permanent - if we get promoted???

Brightside
04-01-2016, 05:14 PM

If he's good enough. and I don't expect a rabbit now.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Sounds good I usually like Scandinavians...I even Liked Jarkko Wiss !

Was he not a Fin? Let the debate rage on...

http://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-18618,00.html

SteveHFC
04-01-2016, 05:17 PM

Going by his stats on FM16 and Fifa. He should be more than good enough. :wink:

Andy74
04-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Looks like a footballer and has a foreign name. He'll do.

3pm
04-01-2016, 05:36 PM

Has Gray been good enough this season to suggest the new guy will just be cover?

heretoday
04-01-2016, 05:40 PM
This guy ticks all the boxes. And he spent time with Elfsborg too so he'll know what a massive club we are!

Big_Franck
04-01-2016, 06:09 PM
Has Gray been good enough this season to suggest the new guy will just be cover?

I don't think he has. He's been ok but quite a bit below his level from last year, in particular the first half of last season. He's not really had competition for his place though, and I think has played with slight injuries due to lack of cover at times, so this signing may be to his benefit also.

I remember watching Stubbs' post match interview after the QOS game and he seemed to bite his tongue at one point, and said something along the lines of Gray's cross (for the last minute goal) was the kind of quality that they've been looking for from him. It suggested to me that Stubbs had been a bit frustrated at Gray's final ball this season, which may be the main reason for this signing.

Callum_62
04-01-2016, 06:20 PM
It suggested to me that Stubbs had been a bit frustrated at Gray's final ball this season, which may be the main reason for this signing.

Of which I was slaughtered for suggesting on here back when we drew with St Mirren

I like Gray, but his final ball is generally rubbish

Not to say this guy will be better, but at least theres some proper competition now

itslegaltender
04-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Gray has been indifferent this season, good to give him competition. He was lucky to stay on the park on Saturday, shocking tackle in first half.

CRAZYHIBBY
04-01-2016, 06:52 PM
It's certainly a big name signing

jacomo
04-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Of which I was slaughtered for suggesting on here back when we drew with St Mirren

I like Gray, but his final ball is generally rubbish

Not to say this guy will be better, but at least theres some proper competition now

Yeah well, I said we needed competition for Gray during the summer but was slaughtered on here.

Beat ya. :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
04-01-2016, 07:30 PM
What's the chances the shop has ordered some extra 'n' and 's'?

RedHibby
04-01-2016, 07:31 PM
The last Scandinavian I really like was Ulrik Laursen he was very good for us.

bod
04-01-2016, 07:41 PM
It's certainly a big name signing

More of a long name :greengrin

Billychaotic182
04-01-2016, 08:54 PM
Forster just tweeted a cryptic tweet. Hope he doesn't think this is the end of his time at hibs

Andy74
04-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Forster just tweeted a cryptic tweet. Hope he doesn't think this is the end of his time at hibs

Wouldn't be too fussed if it was to be honest. Decent young player but I don't think is dependable enough right now. The players we have brought in are better. If he wants to be playing he will have a wait. If we go up we are likely to want better again.

Ronniekirk
04-01-2016, 09:02 PM

foster hasn't been used for so long now He is unlikely to get in ahead of Fontaine ,Hanlon or Mcgregor If this new signing is direct competition for Gray then it would suggest that Foster is then Third choice right back .
Foster has shown he needs games to find form and think for his own good he should go out on loan with clause we can recal him immediately if we needed him

Michael
04-01-2016, 09:12 PM
foster hasn't been used for so long now He is unlikely to get in ahead of Fontaine ,Hanlon or Mcgregor If this new signing is direct competition for Gray then it would suggest that Foster is then Third choice right back .
Foster has shown he needs games to find form and think for his own good he should go out on loan with clause we can recal him immediately if we needed him

Cannot be recalled outside a transfer window unfortunately.

Smartie
04-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Cannot be recalled outside a transfer window unfortunately.

Did Hearts not manage to get away with recalling outwith a transfer window?

We need Forster. Any one of Fontaine, McGregor or Hanlon gets injured and we can't play 3 at the back if Forster goes.

He's come in before and done well enough to keep his place before getting injured again. I'd back him to keep his place if he came in.

He won't be happy not being in the team but neither should be be really.

OsloHibs
04-01-2016, 09:43 PM
I spat out my cup of tea when I seen this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonnyboy
04-01-2016, 09:44 PM

Well, dry that keyboard and get typing with local knowledge :greengrin

Siralbertkidd
04-01-2016, 09:50 PM
Well, dry that keyboard and get typing with local knowledge :greengrin

drum roll............

trev the hat
04-01-2016, 10:05 PM
We need Forster. Any one of Fontaine, McGregor or Hanlon gets injured and we can't play 3 at the back if Forster goes.

He's come in before and done well enough to keep his place before getting injured again. I'd back him to keep his place if he came in.

Forster has been on the bench recently ready when required & he will be required before the summer, I hope he stays & fights for a new contract.

Ken
04-01-2016, 10:05 PM

In a good or bad reaction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy74
04-01-2016, 10:10 PM
Did Hearts not manage to get away with recalling outwith a transfer window?

The new chap can play centre half though.

I don't think we play 3 there often enough to worry about not being able to play it if 2 of them happen to be injured.

bingo70
05-01-2016, 03:37 PM

Can't believe you posted that and then didnt expand?

Is he any good in your opinion?

ElginHibbie
05-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Hibernian FC ‏@HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial) 1m1 minute ago (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial/status/684412878045229056)
NEW SIGNING: Niklas Gunnarsson has joined Hibernian on loan until the end of the season. http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6029 (https://t.co/jdwqxaK6Yk)

danhibees1875
05-01-2016, 05:00 PM
his trademark long throw ins

but would the long throw-in actually go to one of our own players...we sorta struggle with throw-ins :cb

If we're going to give the ball straight back to the opposition then at least we can do it 15 yards further up the pitch! :thumbsup:

I do chuckle when we claim for a throw that is clearly an opposition throw, either way they're getting the ball back anyway. :greengrin

hhibs
05-01-2016, 05:29 PM
If we're going to give the ball straight back to the opposition then at least we can do it 15 yards further up the pitch! :thumbsup:

I do chuckle when we claim for a throw that is clearly an opposition throw, either way they're getting the ball back anyway. :greengrin

All too true,on going problem for years at our club,seems so basic but we never get any better!!

Any solutions out there ?

marinello59
05-01-2016, 05:30 PM
All too true,on going problem for years at our club,seems so basic but we never get any better!!

It's not true. Throw ins this season have mostly been fine.

greenlex
05-01-2016, 05:38 PM
It's not true. Throw ins this season have mostly been fine.

Was Cummings goal at ER v the Huns not him collecting the ball from a throw in?

ronaldo7
05-01-2016, 05:41 PM

We've improved this dramatically over the course of the season. Nothing up front to throw to, they go back and switch play.

danhibees1875
05-01-2016, 05:56 PM
We've improved this dramatically over the course of the season. Nothing up front to throw to, they go back and switch play.
You're probably right. There was painfully little movement against raith at the weekend though and perhaps the majority of this season was overlooked subsequently. It did seem to be an issue for years though, Maybe it's just easier to spot the ones that go wrong...

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

ronaldo7
05-01-2016, 05:59 PM
You're probably right. There was painfully little movement against raith at the weekend though and perhaps the majority of this season was overlooked subsequently. It did seem to be an issue for years though, Maybe it's just easier to spot the ones that go wrong...

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

It was an issue for years, and that's why they've worked on it. :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
05-01-2016, 06:16 PM

9 times out of 10 :agree: i used to think we should refuse to take our throw-in's :greengrin

david murphy was our last good thrower of a ball...erich schaedler before that :greengrin

weecounty hibby
05-01-2016, 10:01 PM
david murphy was our last good thrower of a ball...erich schaedler before that :greengrin[/QUOTE]
Gordon Durie??

Tom Hart RIP
05-01-2016, 10:09 PM
david murphy was our last good thrower of a ball...erich schaedler before that :greengrin
Gordon Durie??[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it. Jukebox had a great long throw. We scored a few from his throws and a near post flick. Did Benny used to flick the ball on or is memory playing tricks again?

Jonnyboy
05-01-2016, 11:12 PM
Gordon Durie??[/QUOTE]

Gordon Durie??

Beat me to it. Jukebox had a great long throw. We scored a few from his throws and a near post flick. Did Benny used to flick the ball on or is memory playing tricks again?[/QUOTE]

So did Richie Towell :shocked: :greengrin

PatHead
05-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Gordon Durie??

Beat me to it. Jukebox had a great long throw. We scored a few from his throws and a near post flick. Did Benny used to flick the ball on or is memory playing tricks again?[/QUOTE]

So did Richie Towell :shocked: :greengrin[/QUOTE]

Ulrik Laurson had a decent throw didn;t he?

portycabbage
05-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Gordon Durie??

So did Richie Towell :shocked: :greengrin[/QUOTE]

Is that Richie "throw-in" The Towell? :greengrin

truehibernian
05-01-2016, 11:41 PM
So did Townsley - have to admit, huge huge problem Hibs have had re throw ins - I was coached by Alex Young (golden vision) and he stamped into me how a throw in was always a set piece regardless of where you were on the pitch - win possession and you can create, win possession you can defend ! Ultimately just win possession !!

cabbageandribs1875
05-01-2016, 11:49 PM
Gordon Durie??[/QUOTE]

forgot jukebox :duck:the human missile launcher, and john brownlie(same time as erich obviously) could throw a ball as well iirc :hmmm:

Jim44
06-01-2016, 05:40 AM
For me, the issue with our poor history of throw ins is not so much to do with the standard of the throwers but more the guile and positioning of the receivers.

GreenOnions
06-01-2016, 08:49 AM
For me, the issue with our poor history of throw ins is not so much to do with the standard of the throwers but more the guile and positioning of the receivers.

There's something about this I can't quite put my finger on that seems vaguely euphemistic :dunno:

nellio
06-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Been playing at a higher level than we're at for the last few seasons so should be quality in the division we're in now!

Andy74
06-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Been playing at a higher level than we're at for the last few seasons so should be quality in the division we're in now!

It will be interesting to see if he gets an opportunity and where he fits in. On the face of it he appears to be too decent to be sitting waiting on David Gray to get injured (which granted is usually not too long!).

nellio
06-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Gray doesnt have any competition really, if he plays poorly then unlikley to lose his place. Will be good to see if he up's his performances now Gunnar is here. Look forward to seeing Gunnar play a few games.

Jim44
06-01-2016, 01:46 PM

There's something about this I can't quite put my finger on that seems vaguely euphemistic :dunno:

Feel free to elaborate and don't stand on ceromony.:greengrin

GreenOnions
06-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Feel free to elaborate and don't stand on ceromony.:greengrin

:embarrass

Dublin07
06-01-2016, 05:58 PM
It will be interesting to see if he gets an opportunity and where he fits in. On the face of it he appears to be too decent to be sitting waiting on David Gray to get injured (which granted is usually not too long!).

David Gray has only missed 1 game all season and that was a league cup tie against Stranraer hardly makes him someone that is constantly injured. He has been a great signing for us and some of the comments on this thread are just bizarre. glad we have signed cover for the entire defence but David Gray will still be part of it.

hhibs
06-01-2016, 08:53 PM

Think you are right on that one,players at times seem clueless about positioning.Others are saying this throw-in situation has gotten better,I do hope so !

Andy74
06-01-2016, 09:07 PM
David Gray has only missed 1 game all season and that was a league cup tie against Stranraer hardly makes him someone that is constantly injured. He has been a great signing for us and some of the comments on this thread are just bizarre. glad we have signed cover for the entire defence but David Gray will still be part of it.

I think it's because he missed most of the second half of last season with injuries and he has had a couple this year. He may have not started one game but he has been taken off in others and to be honest he has never seemed to be fully firing the way we know he can for some time.

J-C
06-01-2016, 11:05 PM
Gray has not hit the heights of last season, the same could also be said of Fontaine and Fyvie, seems to be the 2nd season syndrome and I don't know if they become complacent once they sign the extension to their contracts. Having competition won't do any harm but as someone has said, does he want to sit on a bench warming it when he's been playing regularly at a higher level than us recently.