PDA

View Full Version : el bakhtaoui

vuefrom1875
03-01-2016, 10:10 PM
Done deal...you heard it here first!

greenlex
03-01-2016, 10:12 PM
He impressed me in the pre season friendly and started the season well. Not sure he would be a first pick but definitely worth a punt.

Jonnyboy
03-01-2016, 10:13 PM
Something like 18 goals already this season

Sir David Gray
03-01-2016, 10:15 PM
He had a great start to the season although he's only managed three goals since the start of October which isn't great.

It would be interesting to see how he managed with the step up.

monktonharp
03-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Done deal...you heard it here first!I am delighted we've got him, scores for fun, defends well and can also double as a goalie if Oxley gets into a daft situation,thereby getting sent off. please remind all others on here of his good points

Michael
03-01-2016, 10:19 PM
Don't believe it. Why would we sign another striker? :confused:

high bee
03-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Signed him yesterday on soccer manager. Hopefully that will send him up the ratings.

This guy knows where the onion bag is and hopefully he will get a few goals for us.

SanFranHibs
03-01-2016, 10:21 PM

He scores goals at home?

:wink:

high bee
03-01-2016, 10:22 PM

Might be one to replace Feruz and another as the extra striker Stubbs said we need.

Smartie
03-01-2016, 10:22 PM
I am delighted we've got him, scores for fun, defends well and can also double as a goalie if Oxley gets into a daft situation,thereby getting sent off. please remind all others on here of his good points

Really? I thought he was a scrawny wee guy, didn't look much like a goalkeeper to me.

I went up to the Forfar Dunfermline game on boxing day and he scored a cracking goal that day. Always tricky and threatening even though the weather conditions were very poor.

He can be a bit of a headless chicken at times when he doesn't have the ball, a fit young guy who just keeps on running and maybe needs to learn when to be working and when not to but he definitely looked like he had ability and I'd be very happy if this is true.

It's always nice stealing your girlfriend's team's best player.

Hermit Crab
03-01-2016, 10:39 PM
I've watched him several times this season and he's not the finished article. A lot of work required. He came from playing 5 a side and spent all last season injured and struggling for fitness. It's a risk to take him as he's unproven at any other level than league 2 but I'm not convinced he's signe anyway.

Hermit Crab
03-01-2016, 10:40 PM
Done deal...you heard it here first!

Wheres your info coming from?

S4uzee
03-01-2016, 10:43 PM
I heard we looked at him in the summer but weren't that impressed ...

matty_f
03-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Was he the guy that scored against us in pre-season? If so, i thought he had a good game that day, and definitely showed up well against our defence, which is as good as he'll face in the Championship.

Worth a punt, imho.

Hermit Crab
03-01-2016, 10:46 PM

Being honest i do think he'd struggle in this league but he is really pacy and can finish so you just never know. As I said in another post, it is a risk. Funds could maybe be better used elsewhere.

greenlex
03-01-2016, 10:46 PM
Was he the guy that scored against us in pre-season? If so, i thought he had a good game that day, and definitely showed up well against our defence, which is as good as he'll face in the Championship.

Worth a punt, imho.yes

vuefrom1875
03-01-2016, 10:51 PM
Wheres your info coming from?

A very good source from Dunfermline. ..With an ear to the board. ..

matty_f
03-01-2016, 10:54 PM
yes

He'd be a decent signing based only on that game. Quite a few of my mates are Pars fans and they rate him highly.

Hermit Crab
03-01-2016, 10:55 PM
A very good source from Dunfermline. ..With an ear to the board. ..

Thanks for clarifying that. We shall see what happens.

Springbank
03-01-2016, 10:56 PM
If he can try a leg, run for the team and close down opposition centre halves he will be an instant improvement on what we have

Every opponent we play against with Cummings and Malonga has an easy easy out ball to the centre half, safe in the knowledge there will be barely a semblance of a half hearted piece of closing down.

It is killing us and a bit of life up front will be a game changer

greenlex
03-01-2016, 10:56 PM
He'd be a decent signing based only on that game. Quite a few of my mates are Pars fans and they rate him highly.

He was the one that stuck out that day and based on that and his goals so far is definitely worth a punt.

cam75
03-01-2016, 11:02 PM
Last player we got from pars folk thought he was a bambi on ice turned out a player we would have back at a drop of a hat,if this is true very happy but could be a player in player out J C?
GGTTH

monktonharp
03-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Really? I thought he was a scrawny wee guy, didn't look much like a goalkeeper to me.

I went up to the Forfar Dunfermline game on boxing day and he scored a cracking goal that day. Always tricky and threatening even though the weather conditions were very poor.

He can be a bit of a headless chicken at times when he doesn't have the ball, a fit young guy who just keeps on running and maybe needs to learn when to be working and when not to but he definitely looked like he had ability and I'd be very happy if this is true.

It's always nice stealing your girlfriend's team's best player.ok then Mr Smartie. I do hope you and your girlfriend still get on although Forfar, is a bridge too far for some. , A shared Bridie, can be a great way of bridging the gap of Fife and Angus. hope it works out for you, and she does not have to bring a long spoon to the table.:wink:

silverhibee
03-01-2016, 11:33 PM

One in one out.

silverhibee
03-01-2016, 11:40 PM
Always thought taking a punt on Nathan Austin at East Fife was worth a chance, scores goals, good on the turn, runs at defences, I have no doubt someone will take a chance on him.

monktonharp
03-01-2016, 11:42 PM
One in one out.cummings oot?

hibeemikey21
03-01-2016, 11:47 PM
cummings oot?

Wouldn't be surprised if Anier and Feruz were both out.

Hibernian Verse
03-01-2016, 11:49 PM
cummings oot?

Feruz + Anier surely?

Feruz on merit and Anier cos United will need him back?

Michael
04-01-2016, 12:02 AM
One in one out.

Still seems excessive.

We currently have:

Malonga, El Alagui (seemingly perpetually injured), Keatings, Feruz (Surely will return to Chelsea?), Anier, Cummings, Dagnall

Even with El Alagui injured and Feruz presumably outgoing we still have 5 players available. If Anier went back to Dundee United we still have 2 strikers for backup (which seems about right to me). However, given that Anier came on against Raith I don't think he'll be leaving.

Seems really strange to me.

GlasgowHibee
04-01-2016, 12:21 AM
Not the standard of player we need for the Premiership.

SaulGoodman
04-01-2016, 12:29 AM
Still seems excessive.

We currently have:

Malonga, El Alagui (seemingly perpetually injured), Keatings, Feruz (Surely will return to Chelsea?), Anier, Cummings, Dagnall

Even with El Alagui injured and Feruz presumably outgoing we still have 5 players available. If Anier went back to Dundee United we still have 2 strikers for backup (which seems about right to me). However, given that Anier came on against Raith I don't think he'll be leaving.

Seems really strange to me.

Stubbs has always said we're always looking to improve and if he thinks this player will improve this position then he has my backing.

HoboHarry
04-01-2016, 12:37 AM

Can you give us a run down on him? Based on your comments I assume you have seen a fair bit of him?

sogi7777
04-01-2016, 12:49 AM
Good signing, he buzzes and will be a winner with the fans

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-01-2016, 12:51 AM

I like buzzing

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-01-2016, 12:52 AM
And I like lots of goals being scored

GlasgowHibee
04-01-2016, 12:53 AM
Can you give us a run down on him? Based on your comments I assume you have seen a fair bit of him?

2 goals in League One since October says enough about him for me, regardless of how impressive he looked in the pre-season game against us.

The_Exile
04-01-2016, 01:13 AM

He'll likely fail the medical if he buzzes.

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2016, 04:52 AM
2 goals in League One since October says enough about him for me, regardless of how impressive he looked in the pre-season game against us.

If the rumour is true, do you think the club and Stubbs have only seen him play in the one pre season game against us?

Or maybe they see something they can work with and improve?

scoopyboy
04-01-2016, 04:52 AM

You're probably right but we aint in the Premiership, if he helps us get there and is found wanting I can live with that.

MWHIBBIES
04-01-2016, 05:16 AM
Not the standard of player we need for the Premiership.Why not?

SeanWilson
04-01-2016, 06:06 AM

Completely different team though? Maybe with the service our MF is capable off, he'd be better off? Why write a player off before he's kicked a ball? Think I'll leave player selection in the hands of AS and his staff...

Lucius Apuleius
04-01-2016, 06:14 AM
Better midfield supplying better balls equals more goals in my opinion.

Libby Hibby
04-01-2016, 06:21 AM

We did lookin the summer and it was a close thing until the availability of Keatings became apparent...Source - Dunfermline Board member

Brightside
04-01-2016, 07:13 AM
If he can try a leg, run for the team and close down opposition centre halves he will be an instant improvement on what we have

Every opponent we play against with Cummings and Malonga has an easy easy out ball to the centre half, safe in the knowledge there will be barely a semblance of a half hearted piece of closing down.

Cummings runs himself into the ground upfront.

jacomo
04-01-2016, 07:14 AM

Is this not more about Graeme Mathie rather than Alan Stubbs.

First Insall, now rumours about this guy - we seem to be signing up players for the future, not necessarily the first team?

BigKev
04-01-2016, 07:28 AM
Thought he was an attacking midfielder rather than a genuine forward?

bingo70
04-01-2016, 07:37 AM
Thought he was an attacking midfielder rather than a genuine forward?

I thought he was a winger/attacking midfielder. No idea though, never seen him play

Greenworld
04-01-2016, 07:54 AM
Cummings runs himself into the ground upfront.

He does and a great job he does if he has one thing lacking its a little bit more pace imo being hyper critical

I thought he was a winger/attacking midfielder. No idea though, never seen him play

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

brog
04-01-2016, 08:15 AM
Im not being a smartass but back in time thats pretty much what Pool fans said when they signed Keegan from Scunny. More recently Leicester fans were underwhelmed with Vardy. We take a cheapish punt on a raw talent, whats not to like?

Ozyhibby
04-01-2016, 08:42 AM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
04-01-2016, 08:45 AM
Is he not an out and out striker but more of a deep lying forward, if this is the case he could fit in perfectly with a 4-3-3 system, also maybe having someone in in case JC goes.

We've lost Feruz and Farid seems knackered, plus question marks over Anier staying, the lad is proving himself in the league below us, which tbh isn't that worse than our league.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2016, 08:56 AM
I doubt Hibs would be stupid enough to let Cummings go in January. It would kill our chances of winning the league and seriously damage our chance of winning the play offs.
I also think Cummings has good pace.
I do though think we need more goals from his strike partner than we are currently getting.

lucky
04-01-2016, 09:22 AM
I've only seen him play once in the pre season friendly and he did very well. He was fast and skilful but very light. More a Zemamma/Latapy type of player than a out and out CF.

Billychaotic182
04-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Keep in mind we get Insall back this month too.

tanfield
04-01-2016, 09:56 AM

Totally agree. Opposition centre halves have an easy time against us

MSK
04-01-2016, 09:57 AM
Keep in mind we get Insall back this month too.Wouldnt surprise me if Insall stays out for the season, certainly wouldnt do him any harm.

lord bunberry
04-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Totally agree. Opposition centre halves have an easy time against us
It can't be that easy for them as they invariably end up on the losing side.

Pretty Boy
04-01-2016, 10:40 AM
This is the 2nd thread I've read about our forwards not working hard enough and sorry but it's total and utter ****ing nonsense.

Jason Cummings works his socks off week in week out. If anything I'd criticise him for dropping deep too often trying to be involved. Malonga maybe doesn't run about as much but that's not his job. Someone posted an interview with Freddie Kanoute on here a while back and I wish I could find it. He basically said he flopped at Spurs because the British mindset was that of a player didn't spend his whole game running about chasing lost causes and pressuring centre backs when they were 25 yards from their own goal they were branded lazy. He said he was a huge success at Sevilla because he was allowed to focus on his game and when the ball did find it's way to him he wasn't physically and mentally exhausted from running about like a headless chicken.

Hiber-nation
04-01-2016, 10:50 AM

Ignore him, he's always at it.

Danderhall Hibs
04-01-2016, 10:53 AM

Find it hard to disagree with this.

erin go bragh
04-01-2016, 10:55 AM
I've only seen him play once in the pre season friendly and he did very well. He was fast and skilful but very light. More a Zemamma/Latapy type of player than a out and out CF.

We have been crying out for a goal scoring midfielder. The guy was on something like 12 goals last October .

GGTTH

Diclonius
04-01-2016, 10:56 AM
People seem to have been quick to pick this one up - is there genuine insider info or is this all stemming from this thread?

hibs0666
04-01-2016, 10:56 AM
People seem to have been quick to pick this one up - is there genuine insider info or is this all stemming from this thread?

It's a genuine rumour.

Peevemor
04-01-2016, 11:01 AM
He'll likely fail the medical if he buzzes.

Made me laugh :thumbsup:

Hibeesmad
04-01-2016, 11:08 AM
If it's a done deal you would think they would announce it

DAVE1875
04-01-2016, 11:10 AM
If it's a done deal you would think they would announce it

Nope, in typical Hibs fashion pretty much everyone and their mother announces we've signed a player before we do (announce it that is)

silverhibee
04-01-2016, 11:16 AM
cummings oot?

I hope not, but the most likely one to leave.

brog
04-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Nope, in typical Hibs fashion pretty much everyone and their mother announces we've signed a player before we do (announce it that is)

Well at the moment its nothing more than a rumour but one which seems to have a decent source & which fits with a lot of chatter in the summer. Personally I think we conduct our business in an exemplary manner & I'm also enjoying the little playful hints from AS which helps keep interest high. Mind you, & this is not at all directed at you Dave, if we signed Ronaldo & Messi in the 1st week of the window there would still be people on here complaining we didn't snatch up Junior Agogo (aaargh) on deadline day!

silverhibee
04-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if Anier and Feruz were both out.

According to a tweet, Feruz is moving on to better things.

And I doubt Mixu will be recalling Anier.

silverhibee
04-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Keep in mind we get Insall back this month too.

Did he play at the weekend for East Fife.

Iceman1875
04-01-2016, 11:29 AM

What, the development side at Chelski again and become the forgotten talent of Scottish football?[emoji6]

At Easter Road we play...

Hamish
04-01-2016, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=silverhibee;4537285]Did he play at the weekend for East Fife.[/QUOTE

Got half an hour as sub.

Hibee87
04-01-2016, 11:43 AM

Why do you doubt Mixu recalling Anier? Utd are in freefall at the moment, and need everyone they can to help out. I would be amazed if mixu DIDNT recall anier

high bee
04-01-2016, 11:46 AM
Why do you doubt Mixu recalling Anier? Utd are in freefall at the moment, and need everyone they can to help out. I would be amazed if mixu DIDNT recall anier

Apparently Stubbs said in an interview that it is our choice if he goes back, not seen the interview myself but someone on here mentioned it.

HoboHarry
04-01-2016, 11:47 AM
I mentioned that Cliff had stated on Hibs TV that he believed that he could not be recalled without our agreement.

mim
04-01-2016, 11:48 AM
Apparently Stubbs said in an interview that it is our choice if he goes back, not seen the interview myself but someone on here mentioned it.

Yes, he said that in a Hibs TV interview. He said he was happy for Feruz and Anier to stay if they wanted to stay.

Frazerbob
04-01-2016, 11:50 AM

Anier is not highly regarded at Utd. Friend of mine is a ST holder at Tanadice of 20+ years and recons he's the worst player he's ever seen play for them. Mixu wasn't there when zanier wax so he may want him as an option but I suspect those still at the club will advise against it.

HibeeMG
04-01-2016, 11:51 AM
My mate has sponsored his shirt at Dunfermline since he arrived. Waste of sponsorship money the first season but he's got his money's worth since then. I've sent a message asking if he knows anything.

mim
04-01-2016, 11:53 AM
Did he play at the weekend for East Fife.

Got half an hour as sub.

I notice that Nathan Austin's younger brother was on the bench as a trialist too.
I'm told that he is going to be a better player than Nathan, who seems to have fans on this forum.

Smartie
04-01-2016, 11:56 AM
It's easy to warm to Anier because he certainly puts himself about and does some great suff when we don't have the ball.

He's also done well to make an impact during the short appearances he has had (important contributions against Falkirk and Queens).

There have ben one or two occasions when he's had the ball and he hasn't really looked like he's known what he wanted to do with it at all though.

Not wanting to write him off but I do have a few reservations about him.

I like the Kanoute/ Malonga analogy and I'd have a player like that in the team every day of the week. Anier looks to be the flip side - tanks about all over the place, unsettles defenders and through sheer graft occasionally gets the odd break but there doesn't look to be great deal of finesse there.

Maybe the combination of both being in the team somewhere would be ideal?

Jones28
04-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Cummings won't leave until Hibs are out of the Championship, I'd put anything on it.

If this did come in if expect at least 2 to go, preferably Alagui and Feruz - who has been the most unremarkable player considering the pedigree.

CapitalGreen
04-01-2016, 12:15 PM
Anier is not highly regarded at Utd. Friend of mine is a ST holder at Tanadice of 20+ years and recons he's the worst player he's ever seen play for them. Mixu wasn't there when zanier wax so he may want him as an option but I suspect those still at the club will advise against it.

Having spent some time sitting amongst the older guys in the West Upper, I have seen a lot of evidence that having a season ticket for 20+ years does not make someone a good judge of a footballer. :)

Ozyhibby
04-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Cummings won't leave until Hibs are out of the Championship, I'd put anything on it.

If this did come in if expect at least 2 to go, preferably Alagui and Feruz - who has been the most unremarkable player considering the pedigree.

Feruz doesn't have a pedigree.

Jim44
04-01-2016, 12:26 PM
Feruz doesn't have a pedigree.

I doubt if he's gat a pal or a chum at ER.

HibbyKeith
04-01-2016, 12:27 PM
I doubt if he's gat a pal or a chum at ER.

If thats the case he probably not a happy Chappie :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
04-01-2016, 12:33 PM
If thats the case he probably not a happy Chappie :greengrin

Can't see him being someone who will Winalot

silverhibee
04-01-2016, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=silverhibee;4537285]Did he play at the weekend for East Fife.[/QUOTE

Got half an hour as sub.

I suppose with the lad Austin getting a hatrick the week before that Naismith would start with him again.

Good he is getting some game time though. Nice lad. (Insall) :thumbsup:

silverhibee
04-01-2016, 12:37 PM

Mixu looking elsewhere for strikers, Anier isn't one of them.

Simkin911
04-01-2016, 12:37 PM
Can't see him being someone who will Winalot

Some of the speculation on this thread could be barking up the wrong tree.

greenlex
04-01-2016, 01:00 PM
This is the 2nd thread I've read about our forwards not working hard enough and sorry but it's total and utter ****ing nonsense.

Jason Cummings works his socks off week in week out. If anything I'd criticise him for dropping deep too often trying to be involved. Malonga maybe doesn't run about as much but that's not his job. Someone posted an interview with Freddie Kanoute on here a while back and I wish I could find it. He basically said he flopped at Spurs because the British mindset was that of a player didn't spend his whole game running about chasing lost causes and pressuring centre backs when they were 25 yards from their own goal they were branded lazy. He said he was a huge success at Sevilla because he was allowed to focus on his game and when the ball did find it's way to him he wasn't physically and mentally exhausted from running about like a headless chicken.
I think they are getting pace and workrate confused.

Ronniekirk
04-01-2016, 02:13 PM

Think if it's down to Hibs to decide ,we need to hold on to him and make a final decision at the end of the window .To date in his limited game time he has done enough to suggest he is worth keeping even if just to come off the bench .
Feruz on other hand has yet to really show us what he can do and isn't getting a lot of game time so would be happier if he went back to Chelsea if that allowed us to bring another player in .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PatHead
04-01-2016, 02:37 PM
Is he not an out and out striker but more of a deep lying forward, if this is the case he could fit in perfectly with a 4-3-3 system, also maybe having someone in in case JC goes.

We've lost Feruz and Farid seems knackered, plus question marks over Anier staying, the lad is proving himself in the league below us, which tbh isn't that worse than our league.

Anier is definitely away back to DU this month according to someone I know at Dundee Utd. He will know.

Kojock
04-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Anier is definitely away back to DU this month according to someone I know at Dundee Utd. He will know.

I was speaking to someone at Hibs who will know and said that Anier's loan deal is till the end of the season :dunno:

greenlex
04-01-2016, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=Kojock;4537433]I was speaking to someone at Hibs who will know and said that Anier's loan deal is till the end of the season :dunno:[/

It is but Stubbs has said its up to the players (I assume all loanees but he was specifically asked about Anier and Feruz) if they wish to remain. Hibs would like them to stay but if they wish to return then so be it. Maybe Anier has expressed a wish to go back.

Onceinawhile
04-01-2016, 03:41 PM
I'd be very surprised if we sign El bahktoui

Andy74
04-01-2016, 04:16 PM
Well connected Dunfermline fan at my work has heard nowt. He would also be very surprised, says he isn't as good as we possibly think he is!

AlbertK86
04-01-2016, 04:19 PM

Eh cos his loan deal runs til the end of the season so hibs would have to sanction his release

Tyler Durden
04-01-2016, 04:36 PM
Mixu looking elsewhere for strikers, Anier isn't one of them.

Mixu had indicated he would be recalled, along with another forward who's name escapes me. It does seem surprising how many times managers comment about loans without actually understanding whether they have the right to recall the player! Judging by the Dundee derby, Anier would have a decent chance of featuring. I thought they'd have improved by now but they appear to be getting worse

Famous Fiver
04-01-2016, 05:30 PM
In my opinion Anier is worth persevering with.

This is despite having Insall, (at east Fife), Dagnall, (newly signed), El Baktoui, (rumoured), as well as Cummings,Malonga,Boyle,Keatings, Carmichael (injured) already on the books.

Stubbsie is going to have to make choices.

J-C
04-01-2016, 06:27 PM

This is despite having Insall, (at east Fife), Dagnall, (newly signed), El Baktoui, (rumoured), as well as Cummings,Malonga,Boyle,Keatings, Carmichael (injured) already on the books.

Boyle is a winger and Carmichael attacking midfielder.

At the moment we have JC, Malonga and Keatings with Anier here on loan at the moment, Feruz I take it has gone back. Insall is extremely raw and Dagnall just newly arrived.

Been very disappointed with Keatings drop in form and I wonder if this is why he's never really made it beyond the Championship, maybe Stubbs has seen this and needs more decent cover, you'll have noticed goals have dried up from midfield also.

AlbertK86
04-01-2016, 07:33 PM
Boyle is a winger and Carmichael attacking midfielder. At the moment we have JC, Malonga and Keatings with Anier here on loan at the moment, Feruz I take it has gone back. Insall is extremely raw and Dagnall just newly arrived. Been very disappointed with Keatings drop in form and I wonder if this is why he's never really made it beyond the Championship, maybe Stubbs has seen this and needs more decent cover, you'll have noticed goals have dried up from midfield also.

I think Keatings would recapture form if played at tip of the diamond.

Gets far more involved and times runs into box better than when chasing long balls when he is right up top

1van Sprou7e
04-01-2016, 07:38 PM
I think Keatings would recapture form if played at tip of the diamond.

Gets far more involved and times runs into box better than when chasing long balls when he is right up top

That's pretty much where he's been playing recently is it not?

eastmainsmsh
04-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Can't see it but if we interested in will vaulks perhaps Stanton and farid in swap

J-C
04-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Can't see it but if we interested in will vaulks perhaps Stanton and farid in swap

You'll be lucky if Farid ever plays again, knee's goosed.

silverhibee
04-01-2016, 08:23 PM
I notice that Nathan Austin's younger brother was on the bench as a trialist too.
I'm told that he is going to be a better player than Nathan, who seems to have fans on this forum.

Sign the both of them then. :thumbsup:

Lago
04-01-2016, 08:34 PM
Paper talk that Sporting Lisbon interested in Vaulks.

AlbertK86
04-01-2016, 08:35 PM
That's pretty much where he's been playing recently is it not?

Nah he played right up front last 2-3 appearances

Jim44
04-01-2016, 08:39 PM

Apparently Sevco and Celtic are interested in Vaulks.

O'Rourke3
04-01-2016, 09:49 PM
Apparently Sevco and Celtic are interested in Vaulks.
Going to be great if he's only ever wanted to play for SEVCO then as their warchest is zilch and they have a couple more frees on the wage bill. Be interesting to see the Record unleash the dogs of war on Housty too.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

greenlex
04-01-2016, 10:35 PM
Boyle is a winger.. I don't know why but when I read this I got a mental picture of Elkie Brooks singing it.

Billychaotic182
04-01-2016, 11:12 PM

Would love us to sign Austin.

Forza Fred
04-01-2016, 11:18 PM
Some of the speculation on this thread could be barking up the wrong tree.

Until he is signed, sealed and delivered I'll treat this as another tall tail.

macca70
04-01-2016, 11:21 PM
Unlikely we'd be willing to pay cash for him as he's out of contract in the summer.

The very small fee we would be willing to pay probably wouldn't be accepted by Dunfermline as he is more valuable to ensure they get promoted, which is pretty vital for them this season.

Maybe we'll get him on a pre-contract for the summer.

grammyb111
05-01-2016, 12:14 AM

Below is a word for word extract of Stubbs' interview on Saturday, make of it what you will:

Q There were four strikers on the bench, does that mean someone will move on?
AS: Not from my point of view, I’m not concerned with anyone leaving, we’re not thinking that way, but obviously players have to want to stay. I can understand that players want to play, but no-one has said that to me just yet, they may do, but no-one has yet.

Q Do Dundee United have an option to take back Henri Anier in January?
AS: No, we have an option. If we want to take that option up, we can turn it into a season long loan.

Q So Dundee United are unable to recall Henri Anier?
AS: I’ve spoken to Mixu already about it already. There is something in the agreement where by a certain date we need to inform Dundee United that we want to take up that option.

Q Do you think you will take up that option?
AS: There’s a good chance.

Springbank
05-01-2016, 04:43 AM
Below is a word for word extract of Stubbs' interview on Saturday, make of it what you will:

Q There were four strikers on the bench, does that mean someone will move on?
AS: Not from my point of view, I’m not concerned with anyone leaving, we’re not thinking that way, but obviously players have to want to stay. I can understand that players want to play, but no-one has said that to me just yet, they may do, but no-one has yet.

Q Do Dundee United have an option to take back Henri Anier in January?
AS: No, we have an option. If we want to take that option up, we can turn it into a season long loan.

Q So Dundee United are unable to recall Henri Anier?
AS: I’ve spoken to Mixu already about it already. There is something in the agreement where by a certain date we need to inform Dundee United that we want to take up that option.

Q Do you think you will take up that option?
AS: There’s a good chance.

As father Ted might say "careful now..."
this habit of finding out actual facts backed up by quotes might just catch on!

thats encouraging to read what Stubbs has said.
and as mentioned earlier in this thread, the ability of a no9 to work his socks off, Harry the opposition defence and deny the opposition midfield an easy out ball to the centre half is so vital in the championship.

hearts last year and rangers right now are winning games and scoring 4, 6, or 10 goals in a game because the opposition know they have no easy out ball, they give it away in dangerous areas (see Fyvie for rangers equaliser recently v us) and then they exploit the new gaps created.

our lack of effort up front makes the game so much harder for,the rest of the team. Anier's work rate salvaged a draw v Falkirk and a winner v qots

J-C
05-01-2016, 09:09 AM
. I don't know why but when I read this I got a mental picture of Elkie Brooks singing it.

Haha proper laugh out loud there :greengrin

Hermit Crab
07-01-2016, 09:11 AM
All gone quiet this eh.

Last Minute
07-01-2016, 09:20 AM
Guy at work says he isn't very good and would not make our first team. says he turns defenders inside out sometimes but his finishing is very poor. people look at his scoring record but the chances he misses is lots lots more. he would be very very surprised if we signed him

Jim44
07-01-2016, 09:31 AM
From a Dunfermline board member. - There were enquiries about the player from a Scottish club (don't know if it was us). Dunfermline are in no hurry to offload him and are keen to get him on to a longer contract.

Big L
07-01-2016, 04:35 PM
. I don't know why but when I read this I got a mental picture of Elkie Brooks singing it.

Magic!!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Ran the show vs County today, could have had a hattrick.

CB_NO3
09-01-2016, 09:53 PM
Bit of Zemmama about him.

Coco Bryce
09-01-2016, 09:53 PM
Hard to believe he only played 5 a sides before signing for Dunfermline.

hibsbollah
09-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Just watching him now on Sportscene...reminds me of wee zemmama. Outstanding skills.

shetlandhibee
09-01-2016, 09:58 PM
Just watching him now on Sportscene...reminds me of wee zemmama. Outstanding skills.
outstanding skills he,ll play at a higher level imo,,

Hibiza
09-01-2016, 10:00 PM
outstanding skills he,ll play at a higher level imo,, be a good squad player for us.

GreenCastle
09-01-2016, 10:01 PM
For those who were at the pre season game you could tell he was a player.

We should be making enquiries - I'm sure others will be keeping tabs also but being so close to Edinburgh I am sure it would make any change easier.

He would add an X factor we need and while maybe not play every game he could come on and change a game against teams that park the bus.

scottish_sleepy
09-01-2016, 10:10 PM

We should be making enquiries - I'm sure others will be keeping tabs also but being so close to Edinburgh I am sure it would make any change easier.

He would add an X factor we need and while maybe not play every game he could come on and change a game against teams that park the bus.
Get him bought now.
He looks fantastic and will cost pennies

Andy74
09-01-2016, 10:11 PM

Dunno. In the preseason game he showed he had some skill but also that he didn't quite know what to do with it sometimes.

Might be worth a punt but I'm not sure he's as good as we think he is. His own fans don't currently think he is.

Sammy7nil
09-01-2016, 10:54 PM

Mix of Zouma and Deek. Now that woild be player worth a punt i would say.

Jim44
09-01-2016, 11:03 PM
Dunno. In the preseason game he showed he had some skill but also that he didn't quite know what to do with it sometimes.

Might be worth a punt but I'm not sure he's as good as we think he is. His own fans don't currently think he is.

Apparently he can be absolute dross at times. I wouldn't waste any time or money on him.

Jim44
09-01-2016, 11:16 PM
He was a real livewire today and linked really well with Joe Cardle.
Some engine in the boy, never stopped running all afternoon.
Dunfermline looked pretty decent really while Ross County preferred the lump up the park.
Ross Co seemed off the pace today and gave away too much possesion.

He's well respected for his work rate and admired for his great moments but overall is apparently mediocre. Just repeating what I've been told.

HoboHarry
09-01-2016, 11:19 PM
He's well respected for his work rate and admired for his great moments but overall is apparently mediocre. Just repeating what I've been told.

So you don't actually know? Ok gotcha........

Jim44
09-01-2016, 11:25 PM
So you don't actually know? Ok gotcha........

No, I'm not a Hibs' scout but I know when I can believe and trust folk who I talk to, dy'a get it? :wink:

H18 SFR
09-01-2016, 11:37 PM
No, I'm not a Hibs' scout but I know when I can believe and trust folk who I talk to, dy'a get it? :wink:

Trust your own observations, watch the highlights from today for an insight into the boy's potential.

Jim44
09-01-2016, 11:55 PM
Trust your own observations, watch the highlights from today for an insight into the boy's potential.

Fine but forgive me if I don't join the groundswell of enthusiasm just yet. I've already said elsewhere I'll hold my hands up and say 'touchee' if we go for him and he's the player a lot of folk here think he is. Just repeating what I'm hearing ( as a lot of punters on this forum do ) from someone I trust.

gorgie greens
09-01-2016, 11:57 PM
few par fans i know rave about him , looked very direct and knows where the back of the net is,
looks slight but won every 50/50 with far bigger players and ran the show .
no brainer for me and would take a punt on him .

bigwheel
10-01-2016, 01:47 AM
I can't understand the love-in with this guy...he is not even seen as the best Dunfermline player by their fans..sure he has some football about him, but I don't see anything in him that would make him a first teamer for us...it's a no thanks from me.

To be honest, I don't think there is any intent from Hibs around this guy...

bingo70
10-01-2016, 06:32 AM
I can't understand the love-in with this guy...he is not even seen as the best Dunfermline player by their fans..sure he has some football about him, but I don't see anything in him that would make him a first teamer for us...it's a no thanks from me.

To be honest, I don't think there is any intent from Hibs around this guy...

It's because he's got a good name, if he was called something boring and common nobody would have noticed him. (I'm only half joking by the way, his name does make him stand out)

I've thought for a while we need someone with a bit of flair that'll beat men in the attacking third, it sounds like this guy could be someone that comes on with 20 minutes to go in tight games and help break teams down, sounds like he's not ready to be a regular starter though.

Fwiw the last guy we had that sounds like him, zoubir, should have got more of a shot imo, he was brilliant in his last game against Celtic then just disappeared. In this league against teams intent on defending I think he'd clean up, if this boy from Dunfermline is similar I think he could be a very astute addition to the squad

Stoney Hibee
10-01-2016, 07:50 AM
Bit of Zemmama about him.

Does anyone know what he is up to these days?

easty
10-01-2016, 08:19 AM
It's because he's got a good name, if he was called something boring and common nobody would have noticed him. (I'm only half joking by the way, his name does make him stand out)

I've thought for a while we need someone with a bit of flair that'll beat men in the attacking third, it sounds like this guy could be someone that comes on with 20 minutes to go in tight games and help break teams down, sounds like he's not ready to be a regular starter though.

Fwiw the last guy we had that sounds like him, zoubir, should have got more of a shot imo, he was brilliant in his last game against Celtic then just disappeared. In this league against teams intent on defending I think he'd clean up, if this boy from Dunfermline is similar I think he could be a very astute addition to the squad

Zoubir was absolute diddy. I've nae idea where he's playing now, but is hazard a guess it's at a poor level.

Jim44
10-01-2016, 08:26 AM
Does anyone know what he is up to these days?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merouane_Zemmama

MWHIBBIES
10-01-2016, 08:30 AM
Zoubir was absolute diddy. I've nae idea where he's playing now, but is hazard a guess it's at a poor level.Playing for the team 5th in Liga 1, the Romanian first division which is currently 10 places above Scotland in the co-efficient. He was playing at a poor level when he was in Scotland.

bingo70
10-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Zoubir was absolute diddy. I've nae idea where he's playing now, but is hazard a guess it's at a poor level.

I disagree, he was very very raw and there were times he was terrible but he was also more than capable of making an impact in some games. I think he had enough ability to make him worth perceveiring with.

This guy from Dunfermline sounds like a carbon copy of him, as would most futsal players, and given we are at a lower level now I think he could be worth a gamble.

easty
10-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Playing for the team 5th in Liga 1, the Romanian first division which is currently 10 places above Scotland in the co-efficient. He was playing at a poor level when he was in Scotland.

Found that hard to believe, so checked, they're rock bottom of that league, not 5th. 8 points from 23 games.

I wouldn't base too much on co-efficient either. Is it not like the FIFA world rankings?

MWHIBBIES
10-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Found that hard to believe, so checked, they're rock bottom of that league, not 5th. 8 points from 23 games.

I wouldn't base too much on co-efficient either. Is it not like the FIFA world rankings?Correct you are, my mistake.

Co-efficient is based on teams performances in competitive European games, of course it is relevant.

Zoubir never really got a chance in a poor Hibs team, doesn't make him a poor player tbh.

easty
10-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Correct you are, my mistake.

Co-efficient is based on teams performances in competitive European games, of course it is relevant.

Zoubir never really got a chance in a poor Hibs team, doesn't make him a poor player tbh.

Opinions mate, I thought he was hopeless.

The coefficient thing, it doesn't really give you a real level of how strong a league is. All it does it give points based on the few teams that have played in Europe.

erin go bragh
10-01-2016, 09:03 AM
Couldn't make the step up ,, my arse . Would be a great signing.

GGTTH

lucky
10-01-2016, 09:05 AM
Looked decent in the highlights of the Pars game yesterday.

grunt
10-01-2016, 09:08 AM
Faissal El Bakhtaoui ‏@faissalelbak 8h8 hours ago (https://twitter.com/faissalelbak/status/685999214149660674) Faissal El Bakhtaoui Retweeted Alasdair Lamont
Stop punting me aroond likes. Stayin put. Abbeyview is the new St Tropez ye ken?

Hermit Crab
10-01-2016, 09:37 AM
Get him bought now.
He looks fantastic and will cost pennies

His contract is up in the summer.

Andy74
10-01-2016, 09:54 AM
Correct you are, my mistake.

Zoubir could have been a cracking player if we played him a bit more. His debut was one of the best I remember.

He is apparently on the radar of Staeua Bucharest so he still has a chance of playing at a decent level.

Eyrie
10-01-2016, 10:51 AM

That's potential though, and based on a good day.

We've a more professional approach under George Craig so a player will be carefully watched for several games to provide a better understanding of just how good he is and how often he produces that form.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Just watched the highlights, this lad had a good game yesterday. He will get snapped up. By who though? Preferably us but we better be quick as the bbc advertised him after the game in their analysis.

Aldo
10-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Just watched the highlights, this lad had a good game yesterday. He will get snapped up. By who though? Preferably us but we better be quick as the bbc advertised him after the game in their analysis.

TBH is he really what we need?

One for the future (sort to speak)?? I'd rather we brought in a player proven at this or a higher level... ala Stokes.

Not saying the boy isn't any good just not sure especially with Insall on loan.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-01-2016, 02:13 PM
Faissal El Bakhtaoui ‏@faissalelbak 8h8 hours ago (https://twitter.com/faissalelbak/status/685999214149660674) Faissal El Bakhtaoui Retweeted Alasdair Lamont
Stop punting me aroond likes. Stayin put. Abbeyview is the new St Tropez ye ken?

You do know that's a parody account, right?

CapitalGreen
10-01-2016, 02:26 PM
You do know that's a parody account, right?

You think so? Really subtle one of it is.

SausageSurprise
10-01-2016, 02:32 PM

Agreed, Other than a good game against Celtic and a couple of other semi decent games.

jamieross
10-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Playing for the team 5th in Liga 1, the Romanian first division which is currently 10 places above Scotland in the co-efficient. He was playing at a poor level when he was in Scotland.

Apparently about to join Steaua Bucharest. Some boy from the Scotsman tweeted it the other day.

http://www.digisport.ro/Sport/FOTBAL/Competitii/Liga+1/Revenirea+lui+Reghe+declanseaza+primul+razboi+pe+p iata+transferu