PDA

View Full Version : Music just before teams come out

DaniAndersson
03-01-2016, 06:55 PM
Anyone know the name of the song that plays just before the teams came out yesterday? Sounds like something from Pirates of the Carribbean/Lord of Rings. Cheers!

scotia44
03-01-2016, 07:29 PM
More importantly why is the pa so loud cannae hear my nephew unwrap the sweeties he hoardes or have conversation without losing my voice 🎧

Golden Bear
03-01-2016, 07:38 PM
It's honkin whatever it is. Hardly suited to the build up before kick off.

monktonharp
03-01-2016, 07:40 PM
I think the PA system should be shut down. obviously annoys some people:rolleyes:

monktonharp
03-01-2016, 07:44 PM
and another thing, ; I think they should have cctv at or near all convenience stores. I saw a guy open a packet of fags the other day and he blatantly allowed a piece of silvery paper fly out his hand as he opened the said pack.

dar
03-01-2016, 07:46 PM
Think it's this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASj81daun5Q

dp00
03-01-2016, 07:48 PM
Tweet @hibsannouncer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggie
03-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Think it's this one.

Think you've got it there Dar........I thought it was awright.....

Famous Fiver
03-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Kept the seagulls away,though.

Torto7062
03-01-2016, 08:07 PM
More importantly why is the pa so loud cannae hear my nephew unwrap the sweeties he hoardes or have conversation without losing my voice 🎧

Cannae agree more..and why the heck did someone
put the floodlights on I was trying the sleep.

😛😜😎

Scouse Hibee
03-01-2016, 08:09 PM
Wish it was played during the game to keep me awake. :wink:

Stuarty27
03-01-2016, 08:41 PM
When the announcer is speaking you cannot hear a word he says in the East.

It's actually shocking for a modern stadium.

Franck and Amit should take note IMO.

I actually think as a club we could make the prematch entertainment a lot better.

I was at hospitality on Sat and really enjoyed it, at one point Micky Weir came out and spoke. Things like that are great. Derek Riordan done the half time draw which was great butProblem you got is we canny hear a thing!

Lancs Harp
03-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Have to admit I actually liked the music, thought it was quite rousing which Im sure was the intent. Each to their own on music though that's surely the beauty of it.

Agree the PA in the East isn't the best.

DaniAndersson
03-01-2016, 09:27 PM
Think it's this one.

Aye that's the one. Many thanks!

Personally think it's a pretty decent tune just before the match.

anon1875
03-01-2016, 09:56 PM
teenage kicks by the undertones was my favorite ever tune before the games started.

PatHead
03-01-2016, 09:57 PM
Must admit I thought it was appropriate as well. Quite like it.

Sergey
03-01-2016, 10:01 PM
Pub League Alert:

The Met Police walk out to 'I fought the Law' by The Clash.

I visited Lewes a couple of years ago when the were playing tracks by HMHB & The Fall.

Ship Hibs
03-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Defo think Teenage Kicks was the best in recent times, it summed up where we were as a team back then, raw Scottish talent giving it their best. If I had to choose one that I reckons sums up where we are just now it would be Boys are Back by Dropkick Murphys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZVwKkeyd9c :flag::flag:

greenlex
03-01-2016, 10:07 PM
Quite like Palaces Glad all over.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2016, 10:11 PM

I actually think as a club we could make the prematch entertainment a lot better.

I was at hospitality on Sat and really enjoyed it, at one point Micky Weir came out and spoke. Things like that are great. Derek Riordan done the half time draw which was great butProblem you got is we canny hear a thing!

:agree: It's absolutely awful.

The guy could be saying almost anything and I wouldn't have a clue.

There's guests being invited onto the pitch every week (some of whom are quite well known) and I have to wait until I get home to find out who it was on here.

It definitely needs to be improved.

Cabbage East
03-01-2016, 10:14 PM
Pub League Alert:

I visited Lewes a couple of years ago when the were playing tracks by HMHB & The Fall.

What are you doing? You seem to keep posting about non league football in England? Am I missing something or are you just trying to be 'edgy' and 'hilarious' on an Internet message board?

Really weird.

hibsmad
03-01-2016, 10:18 PM
Think it's this one.

Cheers!

I'd been wondering what this tune was. I really like it!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-01-2016, 10:37 PM
There was another decent song played before the teams came out but I can't remember how it goes or who sings. Sounded Imagine Dragons-esqe but pretty sure it wasn't ID.

Northernhibee
03-01-2016, 10:45 PM
If we want to be a bit more energetic and direct from kick off we need to walk out to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Ringothedog
03-01-2016, 10:50 PM
What are you doing? You seem to keep posting about non league football in England? Am I missing something or are you just trying to be 'edgy' and 'hilarious' on an Internet message board?

Really weird.

For me it's really weird as I don't give a **** about the premier league in England, never mind the pub leagues.

Northernhibee
03-01-2016, 10:54 PM

Really weird.

You have to do something to pass the time waiting for Hearts to go bust.

Sergey
03-01-2016, 11:08 PM
You have to do something to pass the time waiting for Hearts to go bust.

:loser:

They did go bust.

monktonharp
03-01-2016, 11:40 PM
Pub League Alert:

I visited Lewes a couple of years ago when the were playing tracks by HMHB & The Fall.wisnae there, but did know; the law won

fat freddy
04-01-2016, 01:00 AM

Really weird.. Don't see what's weird about posting about pre match songs on a thread about pre match songs. The stuff about the obscure leagues is sometimes quite interesting for anoraks like myself. I particularly enjoyed a link to a match day programme cover feature that was put up a while back. It had loads of programme covers for non league teams on the south coast, and was quite an eye opener. Bit harsh on the guy IMO

Shrekko
04-01-2016, 01:00 AM
Tweet @hibsannouncer

The most important man at Easter Road on match day - or that's the impression he gives.

PA's thinking they control the crowd is killing the match day experience in so many sports. Did people remember to cheer the team out before this jumped up wee idiot was there to instruct everyone?

Spike Mandela
04-01-2016, 03:09 AM
teenage kicks by the undertones was my favorite ever tune before the games started.

When John Collins insisted on 'Alive and Kicking' by Simple Minds prematch we won the League Cup that's all I am saying.

Maybe if we played 'Promised you a Miracle' we could win the Scottish Cup.:cb

hibeequinn
04-01-2016, 03:40 AM
There was another decent song played before the teams came out but I can't remember how it goes or who sings. Sounded Imagine Dragons-esqe but pretty sure it wasn't ID.

It's radioactive mate by imagine dragons

Greencore
04-01-2016, 03:48 AM
What song was it we played when Mowbray was the manager, it came in just before kick off's and had a piano melody.

weecounty hibby
04-01-2016, 06:09 AM
When John Collins insisted on 'Alive and Kicking' by Simple Minds prematch we won the League Cup that's all I am saying.

Maybe if we played 'Promised you a Miracle' we could win the Scottish Cup.:cb
Please god no!!!! That might gjve hiu the opportunity to try to dance like Jim Kerr. Horific viewing.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-01-2016, 06:48 AM
We should run out to "Its all in the game "by the Four Tops. Stubbs is brilliant on that track.

dp00
04-01-2016, 10:15 PM
The most important man at Easter Road on match day - or that's the impression he gives.

PA's thinking they control the crowd is killing the match day experience in so many sports. Did people remember to cheer the team out before this jumped up wee idiot was there to instruct everyone?

He steal your bird or something ? [emoji85]

Scouse Hibee
04-01-2016, 10:26 PM
As long as it's not Z cars.

Bronson
04-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Is it not Requiem For A Dream?

Used to be Voodoo People by The Prodigy on derby day, always liked that actually, helped build the tension:greengrin

Mibbes Aye
04-01-2016, 10:58 PM
Is it not Requiem For A Dream?

Used to be Voodoo People by The Prodigy on derby day, always liked that actually, helped build the tension:greengrin

It's not Requiem for a Dream although it is remarkably similar. I think it's the link posted earlier.

I'm sure we used to come out to Requiem for a Dream a few years back but I can't remember when.

Forza Fred
04-01-2016, 11:28 PM

Presuming the PA is suitably fixed, why can't such pre match entertainment be extended to deliver to those in the ground ?

The Green Goblin
05-01-2016, 01:48 AM
My favourite pa music moment at ER was after John O Neill's goal went in during the 6-2 game and the dj played "why does my heart feel so bad" by Moby. :greengrin You can still hear it on the highlights as they show the replays..

Lucius Apuleius
05-01-2016, 06:08 AM
Thankfully never heard of any of the tracks mentioned except "teenage kicks".

WeeRussell
05-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Maintain we should be walking out to Lust for life by Iggy Pop :greengrin

SteveHFC
05-01-2016, 11:59 AM
Could always play This is the one by the Stone Roses. :agree:

patlowe
05-01-2016, 12:31 PM

Jeezy peeps

SuperAllyMcleod
07-01-2016, 03:40 PM
I thought it was Two Steps From Hell - Protectors of the Earth - sounded like one of theirs. They tend to write a lot of stuff for film scores - pretty good if you like that sort of thing, their Archangel album in particular is pretty good and I'd have preferred the title track from that one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-QLl5qjLg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Steps_from_Hell