PDA

View Full Version : Carmichael

cameronw-hfc
03-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Is he injured or out of favour? As we know he is a good player, he tore teams apart last season, including us and rangers at times, but isn't anywhere near our squad? Looked good when he came on against Aberdeen but can't remember him being involved after that/ recently! :confused:

Hiber-nation
03-01-2016, 03:51 PM
Is he injured or out of favour? As we know he is a good player, he tore teams apart last season, including us and rangers at times, but isn't anywhere near our squad? Looked good when he came on against Aberdeen but can't remember him being involved after that/ recently! :confused:

Just read about him yesterday - been injured, now on the way back hopefully.
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/dan-carmichael-set-to-end-his-hibs-injury-hell-1-3989040

cameronw-hfc
03-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Just read about him yesterday - been injured, now on the way back hopefully.
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/dan-carmichael-set-to-end-his-hibs-injury-hell-1-3989040

Good to see. We really have had no luck with injuries this season.

Alfred E Newman
03-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Couple of weeks away.

thebakerboy
03-01-2016, 08:01 PM
Don't know why anyone is bothered about Carmichael as he has shown the absolute square root of nowt when playing for us that I have seen.

Brooster
03-01-2016, 08:19 PM
Don't know why anyone is bothered about Carmichael as he has shown the absolute square root of nowt when playing for us that I have seen.

What a terrible comment, Dan is currently recovering from injury, he trained with the squad last week, I also seen him train very hard on his own. Lets hope he gets back to full fitness soon and gets back in the squad. He might just've provided us us a bit of width and skill down the flanks when we were toiling to break down Falkirk, QoS and Raith at home recently.

truehibernian
03-01-2016, 08:22 PM
What a terrible comment, Dan is currently recovering from injury, he trained with the squad last week, I also seen him train very hard on his own. Lets hope he gets back to full fitness soon and gets back in the squad. He might just've provided us us a bit of width and skill down the flanks when we were toiling to break down Falkirk, QoS and Raith at home recently.

Would also be a terrific outlet and help for David Gray on that flank - Gray is doing an absolute power of work in games offensively and he needs help. Hopefully DC can get match fit quickly and make some appearances.

brog
03-01-2016, 08:25 PM

He's started 2 games for us. Congrats on a ludicrous comment. Hopefully Danny will be fit soon.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-01-2016, 10:38 PM

Too quick to judge you are. Ludicrous post.

Smartie
03-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Carmichael is one of the opposition players who has impressed me most in recent years and I was delighted when we signed him.

Ok, it hasn't exactly worked out for him so far but he has shown enough in games I have seen him play in against Hibs, Hearts and Rangers to suggest he can do a job for us in the weeks, months and years to come.

We really need to start giving players a fair kick of the ball before writing them off.

greenlex
03-01-2016, 10:47 PM

Disagree. In his limited time he's had he's done just fine. Never let himself or us down.

cameronw-hfc
03-01-2016, 10:55 PM

Unbelievable comment. He's one of our players so we should all be bothered about him getting fit, the fact he has barely gotten a sniff due to injuries has limited what he could have done.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2016, 11:00 PM

He's played a handful of games for us, only made two starts and has apparently been injured ever since he signed.

I don't think that's a fair comment at all.

monktonharp
03-01-2016, 11:10 PM
Don't know why anyone is bothered about Carmichael as he has shown the absolute square root of nowt when playing for us that I have seen.you talking about his uncle Alistair ? could go to court.:duck:

Jonnyboy
03-01-2016, 11:11 PM

Nonsense. Check out these highlights and the great cross to the back post in the move that ended with JC scoring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uJ-zopNKVU

greenlex
03-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Nonsense. Check out these highlights and the great cross to the back post in the move that ended with JC scoring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uJ-zopNKVU

If that constitutes the square root of nowt then can I have some more please.

Jonnyboy
03-01-2016, 11:25 PM
If that constitutes the square root of nowt then can I have some more please.

:agree:

lord bunberry
05-01-2016, 08:50 AM
I was delighted when he signed for us, but he's been really unlucky with injuries so far. If we can get him fit it would be like making a new signing in this window.

Brightside
05-01-2016, 09:51 AM
The lad Heatrts signed from QoS also had a very slow start and is now their best player. Carmichael will come good for Hibs.

hibbypostie
05-01-2016, 10:43 AM

after that comment you should be made to change your name and not drag the Baker boy down with you :wink:

renato
05-01-2016, 12:05 PM
Danny is a class player and exactly what we need right now. Will be like a new signing, when fit.

jdships
05-01-2016, 12:08 PM

Guy starts two games and you are prepared to condemn him - wow !
Trust you are not in a position to have to mange people :greengrin

Stax
05-01-2016, 09:55 PM
Only recent full game I've seen Danny play was in the development game against the yams at Ainslie park. I have to say I thought he was a standout. Different level obviously but hopefully he gets fit & gives us another option.

nellio
06-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Really looking forward to having this lad back. Would be tempted to play him wider and move McGinn into the middle more.

CallumLaidlaw
06-01-2016, 11:59 AM
Really looking forward to having this lad back. Would be tempted to play him wider and move McGinn into the middle more.

I agree totally. Although Carmichael aparently is also more of a central player. I feel Mcginn is wasted out wide.

Malthibby
06-01-2016, 05:14 PM
Know a Q of the S fan who insists Carmichael was the best of the players they lost & he
looked pretty good to me before he was injured.
He'll do the square root of a lot when he's fit.
GG

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-01-2016, 05:18 PM
He reminds me a bit of Paul Cairney.

Hate to say it but Cairney wasn't really good enough so I hope injury has been hampering Dan Carmichael up until now and we are yet to see the best of him.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

GreenPJ
06-01-2016, 05:20 PM
He reminds me a bit of Paul Cairney.

Hate to say it but Cairney wasn't really good enough so I hope injury has been hampering Dan Carmichael up until now and we are yet to see the best of him.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Well he is 3.5 stone lighter than Cairney so that's a start.

jacomo
06-01-2016, 05:45 PM
I agree totally. Although Carmichael aparently is also more of a central player. I feel Mcginn is wasted out wide.

We just don't have many natural wide players, do we?

I still feel a proper winger would stretch opposing defences more.

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-01-2016, 09:23 PM
Well he is 3.5 stone lighter than Cairney so that's a start.

Very true. Cairneys recent appearance at ER maybe, he was never always that big though.

I always thought Cairney would be a good player for us but it just never happened, could beat a man but couldn't actually get away from him.

Hope Carmichael can show why hibs took a punt on him.