PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the children gone?

Islington Hibs
03-01-2016, 01:15 PM
I can only make a few games each season as I live in London but I sat in The West yesterday (normally go to the East). Great view but my goodness what an elderly support. This is in no way meant to sound 'ageist' as it is brilliant so many have been loyal to the team for so long but for every child there were at least 10 grey hairs. I know other parts of the ground have a bit more even age distribution but it strikes me we really do have an ageing support which if true is a real issue. Is this correct? What do others think?

Lago
03-01-2016, 01:17 PM
They are all starting to support EPL teams. Sky Sports is a great advetiser.

Brightside
03-01-2016, 01:18 PM
They are all away bowling.

Pretty Boy
03-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Funny I thought the opposite, I'm in the FF upper and had far more children around me than usual. Was actually going to ask if it was a Hibs kids day.

The point above is right though, when I was younger you always had an English team as a '2nd team' but the number of bairns I know who support Man City and Man Utd especially is in double figures. I blame their parents, no way I would have got away with that.

Ringothedog
03-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Where I sit in the East in our small section there were 5 old farts and about 20 kids.

Islington Hibs
03-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Funny I thought the opposite, I'm in the FF upper and had far more children around me than usual. Was actually going to ask if it was a Hibs kids day.

The point above is right though, when I was younger you always had an English team as a '2nd team' but the number of bairns I know who support Man City and Man Utd especially is in double figures. I blame their parents, no way I would have got away with that.

Delighted to hear that- perhaps it was just where I was sitting.

I agree on the EPL points though- its not just effecting Scottish football but also the smaller English clubs. Very sad really and ultimately spoiling the game

bigwheel
03-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Where I sit in the East in our small section there were 5 old farts and about 20 kids.

You got to stay out of that singing section ! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allant1981
03-01-2016, 01:30 PM
My wee boy has no interest in football, he goes skiing instead, im hoping he wants to start going with me one day, when i was his age i loved football

Malthibby
03-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Delighted to hear that- perhaps it was just where I was sitting.

I agree on the EPL points though- its not just effecting Scottish football but also the smaller English clubs. Very sad really and ultimately spoiling the game

Indeed, the west stand is the place for solitude, quiet reflection and perhaps a quiet snooze. It's why I sit there; go to the east next time, it's full of noisy beggars.
GG

StevieBoyKdy
03-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Surely the majority of the kids are in famous five lower as there the cheapest season tickets. That's where I would be heading if I was that age.

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2016, 01:36 PM
This is a thread title i'd normally see on kickback. :wink:

GreenArmy1875
03-01-2016, 01:40 PM
They are all young but have grey hair after years supporting Hibs

FranckSuzy
03-01-2016, 01:49 PM

:tee hee:

As an aside, why oh why do people not take an aisle seat if they know they'll have to go out for a 'widdle' numerous times? Yesterday it was getting right on my .... :greengrin As my friend, who sits beside me said, when her son was 6, and they first got STs, she purposely took aisle seats so as not to disturb other people. Either that or curb your drinking/wear a nappy or get a catheter inserted :agree: Christ, at The Proclaimers gig a few weeks ago, one guy went out and in 5 times during their set :grr::violin:

hibee_girl
03-01-2016, 01:51 PM
My wee boy has no interest in football, he goes skiing instead, im hoping he wants to start going with me one day, when i was his age i loved football

Mine has no interest either at the minute, he's more into his swimming. Means I get peace at the games though so I'm not too bothered :greengrin

Pretty Boy
03-01-2016, 01:52 PM
:tee hee:

As an aside, why oh why do people not take an aisle seat if they know they'll have to go out for a 'widdle' numerous times? Yesterday it was getting right on my .... :greengrin As my friend, who sits beside me said, when her son was 6, and they first got STs, she purposely took aisle seats so as not to disturb other people. Either that or curb your drinking/wear a nappy or get a catheter inserted :agree: Christ, at The Proclaimers gig a few weeks ago, one guy went out and in 5 times during their set :grr::violin:

Sounds a bit like me after anymore than 4 pints.

Ringothedog
03-01-2016, 01:54 PM
You got to stay out of that singing section ! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they have moved from 43 to 37, the sad thing is they don't watch the game and just sit and take "selfies". At times it like an early teenage years creche for girls, it must drive the local canines crazy with all the high pitched squealing.

lord bunberry
03-01-2016, 01:55 PM
There's loads of kids in the east, that's where I take the wee one. I was in the FF lower last season and there was loads of kids there too.

Brightside
03-01-2016, 01:56 PM
My kids sit in the West Lower with me...they love the "quiet reflection" that comes out of the mouth of the lady who sits 4 or 5 rows behind us.

FranckSuzy
03-01-2016, 01:58 PM

Oh for the days of peeing into a can on the terracing :greengrin

FranckSuzy
03-01-2016, 01:59 PM
My kids sit in the West Lower with me...they love the "quiet reflection" that comes out of the mouth of the lady who sits 4 or 5 rows behind us.

Erm, what section is that? :worried::tee hee:

MB62
03-01-2016, 01:59 PM
I believe the FFS Lower is the Hibs kids/family stand, I know that's where my nephew and his mates have their S.T. for and take their bairns to (S.T. holders too).

As for the 'singing section' yesterday, all I can say is 'what singing section'? It took the grey haired brigade of the WSUN (the old North stand) to get anything going and that was late in the game.

Nakedmanoncrack
03-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Offered my 7 year old son chance to go yesterday but he wasn't interested - to be honest Scottish football on cold miserable days at this time of year is rarely that appealing to young kids.

matty_f
03-01-2016, 07:24 PM

Even after 5 pints i can usually manage to go out and in a bit more than five times. :greengrin

03-01-2016, 08:43 PM

Beat me to it :grr::greengrin

monktonharp
03-01-2016, 08:57 PM
Offered my 7 year old son chance to go yesterday but he wasn't interested - to be honest Scottish football on cold miserable days at this time of year is rarely that appealing to young kids.get him along to porty beach for a quick dip, or up Anoch Mor for a bit of sledging or ski-ing. that's the new Scots way.other options being.............sit in your room, with your x-box son, and text me down if you want a bit of Pizza.

Bristolhibby
04-01-2016, 01:10 PM

It's even worse for me as I live down south. My lad got a Spurs top from his Tottenham season ticket holding uncle (my brother in law).

I genuinely fear for my (our) legacy. I only make a couple of games a season. Need to make sure the wee guy is with me.

J

gegs70
04-01-2016, 01:45 PM
I can only make a few games each season as I live in London but I sat in The West yesterday (normally go to the East). Great view but my goodness what an elderly support. This is in no way meant to sound 'ageist' as it is brilliant so many have been loyal to the team for so long but for every child there were at least 10 grey hairs. I know other parts of the ground have a bit more even age distribution but it strikes me we really do have an ageing support which if true is a real issue. Is this correct? What do others think?

I've been going for a while with my son we sit in famous five lower which you will probably find the bulk of the kids as it's slightly cheaper than elsewhere. But I thought the same thing and have posted the same, we need to make it affordable and accessible for kids. I think we lose a lot of older kids too when they reach 17 or 18 they no longer qualify for cheaper tickets and perhaps are not students but on a low income. I'm pretty sure that teams such as Newcastle have season ticket prices for young adults 18-23...

Keith_M
04-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Oh for the days of peeing into a can on the terracing :greengrin

You must be a lot more talented than most women.

:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
04-01-2016, 06:39 PM
You must be a lot more talented than most women.

:greengrin

The "Xixi cone" is quite well known in Brazil.