PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

cameronw-hfc
02-01-2016, 08:39 PM
Oxley- 7, nothing to do of note, solid, took a sore one to the ribs but looked okay
Gray- 7, still not the same player as last season but did set himself very high standards, good, solid
Fontaine- 4, worst of an average bunch, very, very, very disappointing in Fonts this season. Maybe it's a lack of confidence since being overlooked for the armband? Who knows, just seems to be nothing like the player he was last season.
Hanlon- 9, my motm. Looks head and shoulders above the rest. Always been a defender who had footballing ability, but now has bulked up and looks a complete player.
Stevenson- 7, solid, few good runs

Bartley- 8, big man strolled it, went unnoticed, like all good holding mids should.

McGeouch- 9, close with Hanlon, tons of energy, great control, drops deep for the ball, carries it well, lacks a final ball sometimes but its improving
McGinn- 7, not as quiet today, drifted in and out but when he's on form he's brilliant.
Henderson- 6, poor first half, decent second. Cracking footballer, not all that mobile and not a wide midfielder. Can pick a pass and if utilized will be a huge player for the rest of the season.

Malonga- 7, held the ball up well, few shots wide, done his job.
Cummings- 8, improving massively. Hold up play not great but a lot better, using a lot of his pace now and caused so many problems with runs in behind, could have scored a peach of a lob, unlucky though.

Subs-

Keatings- Wtf has happened to him? :confused: Been non existent in the last 3 games. The quietest I've seen a player vs Rangers, and I can't remember him touching the ball today when he came on for his 20 minute cameo. Lets hope he's back and scoring at his best sooner rather than later! :agree:

Anier- Hectic 10 minutes, looked like he tried a bit too hard and looked a bit nervous on the ball, however has pace, size, and I think given a run of games he would calm and impress :thumbsup:

All in all, everyone done what they were meant too. Only a few done that bit extra. We could have had 2/3 goals, Mcgeouch missed a chance, Malonga had a few shots and Cummings' lob. Don't think they gave us any real problems though, a very average performance but enough, and a win is a win. :agree:

The ref was atrocious :rolleyes:

hiberactive
02-01-2016, 08:49 PM
Oxley- 7, nothing to do of note, solid, took a sore one to the ribs but looked okay
Gray- 7, still not the same player as last season but did set himself very high standards, good, solid
Fontaine- 4, worst of an average bunch, very, very, very disappointing in Fonts this season. Maybe it's a lack of confidence since being overlooked for the armband? Who knows, just seems to be nothing like the player he was last season.
Hanlon- 9, my motm. Looks head and shoulders above the rest. Always been a defender who had footballing ability, but now has bulked up and looks a complete player.
Stevenson- 7, solid, few good runs

Bartley- 8, big man strolled it, went unnoticed, like all good holding mids should.

McGeouch- 9, close with Hanlon, tons of energy, great control, drops deep for the ball, carries it well, lacks a final ball sometimes but its improving
McGinn- 7, not as quiet today, drifted in and out but when he's on form he's brilliant.
Henderson- 6, poor first half, decent second. Cracking footballer, not all that mobile and not a wide midfielder. Can pick a pass and if utilized will be a huge player for the rest of the season.

Malonga- 7, held the ball up well, few shots wide, done his job.
Cummings- 8, improving massively. Hold up play not great but a lot better, using a lot of his pace now and caused so many problems with runs in behind, could have scored a peach of a lob, unlucky though.

Subs-

Keatings- Wtf has happened to him? :confused: Been non existent in the last 3 games. The quietest I've seen a player vs Rangers, and I can't remember him touching the ball today when he came on for his 20 minute cameo. Lets hope he's back and scoring at his best sooner rather than later! :agree:

Anier- Hectic 10 minutes, looked like he tried a bit too hard and looked a bit nervous on the ball, however has pace, size, and I think given a run of games he would calm and impress :thumbsup:

All in all, everyone done what they were meant too. Only a few done that bit extra. We could have had 2/3 goals, Mcgeouch missed a chance, Malonga had a few shots and Cummings' lob. Don't think they gave us any real problems though, a very average performance but enough, and a win is a win. :agree:

The ref was atrocious :rolleyes:
Keating's came on in the 81st minute!

greenlex
02-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Extremely harsh on Fontaine. Didn't put a foot wrong today and had st least 3 headed attempts st goal with a couple going close.0

Pretty Boy
02-01-2016, 08:52 PM
Extremely harsh on Fontaine. Didn't put a foot wrong today and had st least 3 headed attempts st goal with a couple going close.0

Agreed, thought he was good defensively.

Would say though that for the number of headers he wins in the opposition area, which is good, the percentage he gets on target is really poor.

MWHIBBIES
02-01-2016, 08:52 PM
Fontaine absolutely strolled it and brought the ball out from the back well, no way he was a 4. Henderson was also very good and had some fantastic touches.

Northernhibee
02-01-2016, 08:57 PM
Oxley - 8 - didn't have much to do but was vocal throughout.

Gray - 6 - Got forward, defended well, nothing fancy but decent job. Final ball not great.
Hanlon - 9 - MOTM performance, won everything in the air, looked super composed with the ball at his feet.
Fontaine - 6 - Not quite as good with the ball at his feet but won plenty of headers. We never looked like conceding
Stevenson - 8 - Really good game today

Bartley - 7 - Imposed himself, cut out passes, made a nuisance of himself
Henderson - 6 - anonymous first half, big improvement in second
McGeouch - 8.5 - creative, energetic, put himself about
McGinn - 7 - Did well against a team sitting in, just didn't always come off for him

Malonga - 7 - Held the ball up well, missed a half chance under pressure but composed as ever.
Cummings - 6.5 - Not quite himself but still got the goal.

B.H.F.C
02-01-2016, 08:57 PM
No idea how Fontaine got a 4 there. Him and Hanlon are our best pairing IMO. I hope they get a wee run. With Bartley sitting in front of them we give next to nothing away.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2016, 09:01 PM
Stevenson and Hanlon could have both been MOTM for me too though agree with McGeouch getting it as he was outstanding.

hibee_girl
02-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Oxley 6 - didn't have anything to do today

Gray 7 - did well, though the amount of time he takes to take a throw in is ridiculous!
Fontaine 7 - solid defending and nearly scored with a header
Hanlon 9 - strolled it
Stevenson 8 - excellent game

Bartley 7 - had a good game, seemed to be covering everywhere
Henderson 6 - pretty quiet game from him
McGeough 9 - was between him and Hanlon for my MOTM
McGinn 7 - looked lively

Malonga 7 - had some impressive touches and passes
Cummings 6 - not his best game

lord bunberry
02-01-2016, 09:05 PM
Stevenson and Hanlon could have both been MOTM for me too though agree with McGeouch getting it as he was outstanding.
We are a much better team when Dylan is playing

cameronw-hfc
02-01-2016, 09:06 PM
Keating's came on in the 81st minute!

Last 10 must have went by a lot slower than I realized :dunno:, oops!

Maybe a bit harsh on Fontaine, but probably just as he set the standards so high last season.

AlbertK86
02-01-2016, 09:07 PM
Cannot agree at all with the OP re Fontaine.

Seems to be marking him on season as opposed to today.

He set very high standards last season and whilst he hasn't been quite as good this season I still think he is the nearest we have to a leader on the pitch and has in the main been pretty solid.

Think the fact the CHS have been rotated frequently hasn't helped him.

Agree in the main re the other marks

Jonny McGinn looked better today than the last couple of games but like the rest of the team hasn't hit the heights of a month or two ago.

Still think we need goals from midfield and to me Keatings at the tip of the diamond will give us that.

Would probably sacrifice Henderson for him next week but the rest of the team stays the same

Sir David Gray
02-01-2016, 09:13 PM
Dylan McGeouch was outstanding today, brilliant. :top marks

cmcd
02-01-2016, 09:27 PM
Dylan McGeouch was outstanding today, brilliant. :top marks

I must have watched a different game to everyone else I thought Henderson was excellent today Had some wonderful touches Let's not forget he is still very young

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2016, 09:31 PM
I must have watched a different game to everyone else I thought Henderson was excellent today Had some wonderful touches Let's not forget he is still very young

You must have had him confused with another player :-),thought he was poor today as did folk around me.

GlesgaeHibby
02-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Some of the ratings here are baffling. Cummings was immense against rangers and followed it up with a poor performance today. Terrible penalty and a lucky rebound.

Also seriously need a good keeper. Couple of times early on Oxley stood on his line when he should have claimed. Stevenson saved him at one point. Hanlon, mcginn and mcgeough played well.

Northernhibee
02-01-2016, 09:35 PM
Some of the ratings here are baffling. Cummings was immense against rangers and followed it up with a poor performance today. Terrible penalty and a lucky rebound.

Also seriously need a good keeper. Couple of times early on Oxley stood on his line when he should have claimed. Stevenson saved him at one point. Hanlon, mcginn and mcgeough played well.

#OxleyMorons

GlesgaeHibby
02-01-2016, 09:38 PM
#OxleyMorons

He's the weak link in an otherwise very good squad.

Northernhibee
02-01-2016, 09:40 PM

:rolleyes: He's been excellent this season.

GlesgaeHibby
02-01-2016, 09:42 PM
:rolleyes: He's been excellent this season.

Not convinced. Not a great shot stopper and doesnt command his box.

Northernhibee
02-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Not convinced. Not a great shot stopper and doesnt command his box.

Sure he's not :wink:

GlesgaeHibby
02-01-2016, 09:49 PM
Sure he's not :wink:

Opinions eh? Just don't see what his fans see. Main thing was 3 points today when not playing well against stubborn opposition.

greenlex
02-01-2016, 09:55 PM
You must have had him confused with another player :-),thought he was poor today as did folk around me.

Henderson had a decent game today. Not outstanding IMO but faded from his level if oerformance in the last 15 or so mins. Partly I think because he still hasn't fully recovered from his virus and in part because Bartley was replaced by Keatings. He's a very intelligent player and we are lucky to have him. If another couple if our players (forward in particular)were on his wavelength we would be cruising this league IMO.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2016, 09:58 PM
Henderson had a decent game today. Not outstanding IMO but faded from his level if oerformance in the last 15 or so mins. Partly I think because he still hasn't fully recovered from his virus and in part because Bartley was replaced by Keatings. He's a very intelligent player and we are lucky to have him. If another couple if our players (forward in particular)were on his wavelength we would be cruising this league IMO.

Opinions eh! Good player but not today is mine

cameronw-hfc
02-01-2016, 10:02 PM
Feel Oxley has been terrific and a lot of the time people assume the keeper can come get something they can't. Sometimes they can't, but its a mistake and Oxley doesn't make and with his feet, and few with his shot stopping so far this season, so I think he can be excused for not always coming off his line. If he could do it all, at 25 years old, then he certainly wouldn't be at us.:agree:

Golden Bear
02-01-2016, 10:03 PM
A classic thread which once again proves we all see the game differently. I didn't think anyone had a particularly poor game with Mcgeoch, Bartley, Hanlon and Stevenson being the pick of the bunch.

FromTheCapital
02-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Oxley (6) - Did what he had to do.

Gray (7) - Solid throughout, dealt with everything.

Fontaine (6) - Won everything in the air but a little bit nervy with the ball at his feet.

Hanlon (9) - MOTM. Coming on leaps and bounds. Put Daly in his pocket and was excellent in every department.

Stevenson (7) - Similar to Gray. Excellent challenge late on.

Bartley (8) - Strolled through the game. Broke up play and utilised the ball well.

McGeouch (8.5) - Just short of Hanlon for MOTM. Direct and creative throughout.

McGinn (8) - Chased everything down and looked very lively.

Henderson (6) - Poor first half but improved in the second 45. Deliveries into the box were poor though.

Malonga (6) - Held the ball up well but besides that he contributed very little.

Cummings (6) - Won the penalty and grabbed another goal despite being nowhere near his best.

Subs:

Keatings (5) - Only got 10 minutes as the game got frantic towards the end. Didn't really get a sniff.

Anier (5) - Didn't have much time either but looked a bit nervy in possession. Worked hard though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
02-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Hanlon was outstanding. Daly never got a touch. Ive banged the drum for many years but Hanlon is our Player of the Year. Midfield worked hard but short passing game was poor and final ball from wing backs wasn't great either. Malonga bar one great hold up in first half was non existent. Yes i know he is technically very good but his work rate was non existent. Good three point but i would have liked Boyle on for Malonga early in 2nd half.

MWHIBBIES
02-01-2016, 10:11 PM
He's the weak link in an otherwise very good squad.He really really isn't.

GlesgaeHibby
02-01-2016, 10:15 PM
He really really isn't.

Must watch a different keeper to me.

MWHIBBIES
02-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Must watch a different keeper to me.Nope, I watch the same quality one you do.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2016, 10:18 PM

No chance, obviously you just don't like him and now can't see good in anything he does.

GlesgaeHibby
02-01-2016, 10:22 PM
Nope, I watch the same quality one you do.

No chance, obviously you just don't like him and now can't see good in anything he does.

He had about three things to do today and made a hash out of two out of three. Made one very good claim from a cross ball. He left one cross ball he should have claimed, and also needed Stevenson to bail him out when he should have been gathering a ball in the first half. In this league we're up against teams that just sit in, he didn't have a save to make today.

hibs0666
02-01-2016, 10:24 PM
Must watch a different keeper to me.

Oxley has had an excellent season.

Northernhibee
02-01-2016, 10:26 PM
He had about three things to do today and made a hash out of two out of three. Made one very good claim from a cross ball. He left one cross ball he should have claimed, and also needed Stevenson to bail him out when he should have been gathering a ball in the first half. In this league we're up against teams that just sit in, he didn't have a save to make today.

Has the Ox ****ged your missus or something? Utterly bizarre interpretation of his game.

GlesgaeHibby
02-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Has the Ox ****ged your missus or something? Utterly bizarre interpretation of his game.

Aye ok Oxley, typical hibs.net. Different opinion to the majority so I'm wrong. Don't know which part you disagree with? He made one very good claim, but were two balls he should have claimed that could have (and probably would have) led to something against half decent opposition.

Bored getting into this debate, the main thing is we got a very important win against a very negative team.

murray26
02-01-2016, 10:48 PM
The ox..7
Lewis 7
Fonts.. 7
Hanlon 7
Gray 7
Bartley 8
McGinn 6
Mcgeouch 7
Henderson 7
Malonga 6
Cummins 7

Not great but a potential banana skin avoided.. No real stand outs but thought Bartley deserved motm..

500miles
02-01-2016, 11:17 PM
Always in control, clean sheet, dominated possession and 3 points.

Professional, never had to make the jump to top gear.

thebakerboy
02-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Sorry if this not what we want to hear but I thought we were garbage today , it may have been caused by Raith just kicking everything that moved and the ref allowing them to do so but we just let it happen. Apart from Dylan who always looks to go forward there was no fight no urgency no aggression nothing from the midfield or strikers , every thing was flat. Its been like this for about 4 or 5 games now and Alan needs to do something because a 3rd year down might just destroy this club I love . I would give Dylan 6 for trying but the rest do not deserve more than 4 for today. Where I sit in the Famous Five upper there were a lot of unknown faces today but I feel that performance will not bring them back .

NAE NOOKIE
02-01-2016, 11:59 PM

If we are thinking about the same incident Oxley was getting to the ball, Stevenson got there first and cleared it, hardly an error by the keeper.

NAE NOOKIE
03-01-2016, 12:19 AM
Oxley ........... 6 .... very little to do.

Gray ....... 6 .... in control at all times, final ball not the best today.

Hanlon .....8 .... strolled it

Fontaine .... 6 .... solid performance

Stevenson ... 7 ... got up and down very well

McGeouch .... 8 .... tried to drive forward at every opportunity, great workrate

Henderson ... 6 ... tried hard, some nice touches

McGinn ... 7 ... looked more like his old self

Bartley .... 6 .... quietly affective without being spectacular

Malonga ... 6 .... two good games off the bench got him a start today, but didn't exactly grab the opportunity by the baws

Cummings ... 6 ... quiet today, but was sharp on the pen rebound

Subs ... none of them did anything of note.

It was back to the meat & drink today, with the usual 10 men behind the ball by the opposition, unless we score early it never makes for a good game, it would help if we had a taller forward who could win headers, because Cummings and Keatings are never going to beat a CH in the air and Malonga cant jump.

Hiber-nation
03-01-2016, 12:34 AM
Hanlon and Stevenson were immense. Shame we didn't get the 3 goals we deserved but that's Hibs and it might well cost us.

Lancs Harp
03-01-2016, 12:47 AM
Just one or two thoughts from me.

On individual players

I thought Fountaine had a funny game, he can get himself in a mess sometimes defensively cant help but think at a higher level he might struggle but gets away with things in the Championship. Having said that I thought he distributed the ball well today, had a better second half than first.

McGeouch was my man of the match, I thought he brought an energy to our game and was our most creative spark.

Henderson had a better second half than first, I felt he gave the ball away too cheaply and often in the first half. This kid is a very good prospect though.

Malonga I thought after few smart touches early on faded out of the game and was actually surprised to see him stay on the park when Cummings was subbed.

All in all its 3 points, not at our best we huffed and puffed our way to victory today but were clearly a better team than Raith. Some nice moves here and there but we only played in little bursts.

More importantly scotch pie decent and Bovril in good nic

green day
03-01-2016, 05:58 AM
My brother in law joined us today (Man Utd fan, so used to poor fare :greengrin). He has seen us a few times, so knows the strengths and failings....

His assessment back to front -

Ox - nothing to do really

Hanlon - MoM by a country mile, strolled the game.

Stevenson - again, excellent

Fonts - a few iffy moments

Gray - faded in 2nd half

McGinn, Henderson, McGeogh - all played well, overplayed it at times when an incisive pass would have been better

Marvin - did his job well, might have caused more havoc if he got forward more.

Jason - good running and movement but needs to work on first touch, lucky with the rebound pen, could have scored a peach of a chip 5 mins later. Inexplicable why the defence sends long balls to him.

Doms - not one of his best, poor movement

Stubbsy - should have made subs quicker (I told him this was a theme) and didnt understand why Malonga stayed on for JC.

The ref - multiple stupid decisions (for both sides) broke up our flow - his lack of knowledge of the advantage rule stood out !!

Cant disagree with much of that.

greenlex
03-01-2016, 09:10 AM
Sorry if this not what we want to hear but I thought we were garbage today , it may have been caused by Raith just kicking everything that moved and the ref allowing them to do so but we just let it happen. Apart from Dylan who always looks to go forward there was no fight no urgency no aggression nothing from the midfield or strikers , every thing was flat. Its been like this for about 4 or 5 games now and Alan needs to do something because a 3rd year down might just destroy this club I love . I would give Dylan 6 for trying but the rest do not deserve more than 4 for today. Where I sit in the Famous Five upper there were a lot of unknown faces today but I feel that performance will not bring them back .
It's all as out opinions but the only things I would agree with is the tempo of the game and you're last sentence. Hopefully a liot of them are half seasons.

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-01-2016, 09:14 AM
My brother in law joined us today (Man Utd fan, so used to poor fare :greengrin). He has seen us a few times, so knows the strengths and failings....

His assessment back to front -

Ox - nothing to do really

Hanlon - MoM by a country mile, strolled the game.

Stevenson - again, excellent

Fonts - a few iffy moments

Gray - faded in 2nd half

McGinn, Henderson, McGeogh - all played well, overplayed it at times when an incisive pass would have been better

Marvin - did his job well, might have caused more havoc if he got forward more.

Jason - good running and movement but needs to work on first touch, lucky with the rebound pen, could have scored a peach of a chip 5 mins later. Inexplicable why the defence sends long balls to him.

Doms - not one of his best, poor movement

Stubbsy - should have made subs quicker (I told him this was a theme) and didnt understand why Malonga stayed on for JC.

The ref - multiple stupid decisions (for both sides) broke up our flow - his lack of knowledge of the advantage rule stood out !!

Cant disagree with much of that.

That summary is spot on. The only thing i'd add is I thought Gray was pretty poor today. Also particularly agree that the long balls to JC (especially the high ones) are almost a complete waste of time and hands possession back to the opposition.

Stubbs took JC off as prevention/protection with the next game in mind.

Lancs Harp
03-01-2016, 09:57 AM
"Stubbs took JC off as prevention/protection with the next game in mind."

Quite possibly but personally I would question the wisdom of that with the game at only at 1-0. IMO we were crying out for a second goal to kill the game, we still had a game to win. Personally I would have taken Dom off who I thought offered very little in the second half.

Its all about opinions.

hibee_girl
03-01-2016, 10:56 AM
Just one or two thoughts from me.

On individual players

I thought Fountaine had a funny game, he can get himself in a mess sometimes defensively cant help but think at a higher level he might struggle but gets away with things in the Championship. Having said that I thought he distributed the ball well today, had a better second half than first.

McGeouch was my man of the match, I thought he brought an energy to our game and was our most creative spark.

Henderson had a better second half than first, I felt he gave the ball away too cheaply and often in the first half. This kid is a very good prospect though.

Malonga I thought after few smart touches early on faded out of the game and was actually surprised to see him stay on the park when Cummings was subbed.

All in all its 3 points, not at our best we huffed and puffed our way to victory today but were clearly a better team than Raith. Some nice moves here and there but we only played in little bursts.

More importantly scotch pie decent and Bovril in good nic

I think malonga thought he was getting subbed too, he was practically standing on top of Keatings ready to go off! :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
03-01-2016, 12:12 PM
That summary is spot on. The only thing i'd add is I thought Gray was pretty poor today. Also particularly agree that the long balls to JC (especially the high ones) are almost a complete waste of time and hands possession back to the opposition.

Stubbs took JC off as prevention/protection with the next game in mind.

Kind of what I was on about before .... we don't have anybody in a forward position who can win the ball in the air. Don't get me wrong, playing on the deck is how I want to see Hibs go about things, but at times the long ball isn't a bad option ( sometimes the only option ) and without anybody who can win it, it can make us a bit one dimensional.