PDA

View Full Version : Positive thinking

Not In The Know
02-01-2016, 08:01 PM
We lost last week. We won this week to get back on the winning trail, in my mind that's job done.

Let's face it the rangers are a decent outfit this year and we are just behind them. If last seasons hearts were in this league they arguably could even be behind us. It's all about perception.

Famous Fiver
02-01-2016, 08:07 PM
I'm in your camp, my friend.

One Day
03-01-2016, 10:18 AM
We lost last week. We won this week to get back on the winning trail, in my mind that's job done.

Let's face it the rangers are a decent outfit this year and we are just behind them. If last seasons hearts were in this league they arguably could even be behind us. It's all about perception.

We have to keep positive

Dashing Bob S
03-01-2016, 10:21 AM
We've hit our worst form of the season during our last four games, but have won two, drawn one and lost one of them.

I don't whether or not this counts as positive thinking.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Like the manager says, we are winning games of football.

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2016, 10:29 AM
We've hit our worst form of the season during our last four games, but have won two, drawn one and lost one of them.

I don't whether or not this counts as positive thinking.

:agree: we've not looked great recently but we've only dropped 5 points from 12.

brog
03-01-2016, 11:27 AM
I've been watching Hibs play against the team from Ibrox for well over 50 seasons. IIRC last season was only the 3rd time in that period that we have (played in the same league - for the pedants!) & finished above them. I don't believe AS & the team received enough credit last season for hunting them down & catching them & if we do it again this season it will be a tremendous achievement. The first time we can finish above them back to back since the days of the Famous Five. I believe many Hibs fans do not truly appreciate just what an effort it will take to achieve this, to overcome a team with huge support, both in the stands & the footballing establishment. The goal difference boat has sailed, let's just get behind this excellent team & help them achieve something truly historic.

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2016, 11:38 AM
The team are winning most games they play, why shouldn't the team and the fans be positive? :confused:

Niffy
03-01-2016, 11:52 AM
I've been watching Hibs play against the team from Ibrox for well over 50 seasons. IIRC last season was only the 3rd time in that period that we have (played in the same league - for the pedants!) & finished above them. I don't believe AS & the team received enough credit last season for hunting them down & catching them & if we do it again this season it will be a tremendous achievement. The first time we can finish above them back to back since the days of the Famous Five. I believe many Hibs fans do not truly appreciate just what an effort it will take to achieve this, to overcome a team with huge support, both in the stands & the footballing establishment. The goal difference boat has sailed, let's just get behind this excellent team & help them achieve something truly historic.

Well said.

FranckSuzy
03-01-2016, 11:54 AM

:top marks

brog
03-01-2016, 01:27 PM
Well said.

Thank you. I checked &, including last season, we have finished above The Rangers in the same division only 3 times since 1952 when we won our 2nd consecutive title. I think that puts our task in perspective. For Hibs we should always have positive & optimistic thinking tempered with realism! :greengrin

Islington Hibs
03-01-2016, 01:31 PM

Great post. :top marks

Springbank
03-01-2016, 01:43 PM
I'd agree with this.

But it's still OK to ask for 10% more bite, intensity and pace (as those are the keys to getting out our slump)

The existing team is capable of quicker closing down, and the opposition defences get a very easy ride when they have possession (except when anier came on yesterday)

Give teams less room and the games become easier

Not In The Know
03-01-2016, 04:28 PM

True.