PDA

View Full Version : Queues/Print at Home/e-ticket/Smartphone

Viva_Palmeiras
02-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Through a combination of moving house, working in Glasgow It's been too long since I've been able to attend ER. I dropped the wife&kids off to watch Snoopy and hit ER about 2:25 and saw the queues.

I'd ready all you needed to know about e-ticketing (link below) but didn't find any answer on whether a barcode from a smart phone would work (although I recall reading a thread about this here a while back)

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6013

So I started to ask around the security guys - no one knew (all polite and trying to help as best they could I may add).

I spoke with a couple - one referred me on to the head supervisor. They were a bit cagey said it should work but it might not (which I suppose is why it's not documented as an option). I said if I gave it a go and it didn't work could I speak to someone - I was told I'd have to go back and see the head.

So I took a punt. I took the barcode magnified it a bit and after about 3-4 attempts it worked! - as with the printout sometimes there's a knack.

My point was - and I made it to the security head if this option worked it would potentially be a way of reducing the queues a bit (I know not everyone has a smartphone)

Message for me is if I was a walk up and saw horrendous queues it would be worth a punt. And I wonder if the club would consider giving this option a trial?

Only gripe was for some reason I couldn't select the section (12) I wanted so MattyF was spared my banter for a game ;)

JennaFletcher
02-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Through a combination of moving house, working in Glasgow It's been too long since I've been able to attend ER. I dropped the wife&kids off to watch Snoopy and hit ER about 2:25 and saw the queues.

I'd ready all you needed to know about e-ticketing (link below) but didn't find any answer on whether a barcode from a smart phone would work (although I recall reading a thread about this here a while back)

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6013

So I started to ask around the security guys - no one knew (all polite and trying to help as best they could I may add).

I spoke with a couple - one referred me on to the head supervisor. They were a bit cagey said it should work but it might not (which I suppose is why it's not documented as an option). I said if I gave it a go and it didn't work could I speak to someone - I was told I'd have to go back and see the head.

So I took a punt. I took the barcode magnified it a bit and after about 3-4 attempts it worked! - as with the printout sometimes there's a knack.

My point was - and I made it to the security head if this option worked it would potentially be a way of reducing the queues a bit (I know not everyone has a smartphone)

Message for me is if I was a walk up and saw horrendous queues it would be worth a punt. And I wonder if the club would consider giving this option a trial?

Only gripe was for some reason I couldn't select the section (12) I wanted so MattyF was spared my banter for a game ;)

Thanks, good to know :)

I find it strange that the club didn't make Smartphone barcode a standard option when the tech was introduced. Much easier and quicker for a lot of us and saves the hassle of finding a printer/queuing.

Love e-tickets/barcode scanning at Cineworld - cuts down on so much time :)

seanshow
03-01-2016, 12:04 AM
Thanks, good to know :)

I find it strange that the club didn't make Smartphone barcode a standard option when the tech was introduced. Much easier and quicker for a lot of us and saves the hassle of finding a printer/queuing.

Love e-tickets/barcode scanning at Cineworld - cuts down on so much time :)

Yip most phones will have pdf readers on them these days which is the format the eticket is sent.
Ive scanned in a few times at cup games using the phone, If its Not working you can rotate your phone sideways it makes the barcode larger and easier to scan.

high bee
03-01-2016, 01:03 AM
Yip most phones will have pdf readers on them these days which is the format the eticket is sent.
Ive scanned in a few times at cup games using the phone, If its Not working you can rotate your phone sideways it makes the barcode larger and easier to scan.

Have done this a few times, last time was at the UTD cup game and the steward supervisor came to my seat during the first half and asked to see my ticket. I didn't have a paper copy because my printer stopped working but he was happy with the phone ticket. No idea why I was flagged up or brought to his attention but he said "I thought it might be the case" when I explained I had it on the phone only.

givescotlandfreedom
03-01-2016, 02:35 AM
Even my normal season ticket has worked after being told to 'shoogle it about' by a steward. Seems to work OK and would save hassle as well as encourage people to go to the game.