PDA

View Full Version : Today's Ref

greenlex
02-01-2016, 06:20 PM
Who was he? I thought he was having a decent game till the last ten where he completely lost the plot. The east side linesman got so many offsides wrong today it was hard to keep up. I saw Forster high five him going off at half time as he came back out.

Northernhibee
02-01-2016, 06:22 PM
He was abysmal throughout and gave them a lot of help.

mim
02-01-2016, 06:22 PM
He was abysmal throughout and gave them a lot of help.

This :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2016, 06:48 PM
I saw Forster high five him going off at half time as he came back out.

Think Boyle did as well - not sure who he is though.

HoboHarry
02-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Watched on Hibs TV and thought he did ok. Opinions........

Onion
02-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Usual standard of ref, but at least got the one big call right.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Nothing wrong with the ref.

jodjam
02-01-2016, 07:01 PM
George Salmond. A teacher at Watsons. Played cricket for Scotland. Done ok but the foul against McGinn near the end was baffling

Pete
02-01-2016, 07:02 PM
East stand side linesman wasn't much better. Missed a blatant Raith offside which could have been costly and gave them a throw in at the flag when the ball had clearly arced out for a corner.

We all have off days I suppose and it's easy to pick passes and officiate from the stand.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-01-2016, 07:02 PM
Boy along from me in west lower suggesting he was an "ex-Hun" didn't give a name tho

s.a.m
02-01-2016, 07:04 PM
George Salmond. A teacher at Watsons. Played cricket for Scotland. Done ok but the foul against McGinn near the end was baffling

He had hair quite recently.:dunno:

Pretty Boy
02-01-2016, 07:05 PM

That was the one that got me.

McGinn put in a robust tackle and he gave nothing, few seconds pass and Raith player literally throws McGinn off the ball and he awarded them a free kick.

His knowledge of the advantage rule seemed a bit sketchy as well.

Northernhibee
02-01-2016, 07:06 PM
There was a decision in the second half where a Raith player had his arms around the waist of ours (Henderson?) and threw him to the ground - decision was a free kick to Raith Rovers.

One of the better refs we've had this season but still nowhere near the standard he should be.

greenlex
02-01-2016, 07:08 PM
There was a decision in the second half where a Raith player had his arms around the waist of ours (Henderson?) and threw him to the ground - decision was a free kick to Raith Rovers.

One of the better refs we've had this season but still nowhere near the standard he should be.
Anier I think. There was a handball where the boy handled it above his head near the touchline. how the hell did he miss that?

Viva_Palmeiras
02-01-2016, 07:09 PM
Also ref against them in October turned a blind eye for a Hanlon handball indent

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ray-mckinnon-slams-referee-raith-6700945

Billychaotic182
02-01-2016, 07:12 PM
I thought he was awful for both teams. How did Gray not get sent off in the first half. Also one of there boys took out Gray I think it was..... And he gives the free kick to them. Crowd went mental at that

Northernhibee
02-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Anier I think. There was a handball where the boy handled it above his head near the touchline. how the hell did he miss that?

IMO there was at least one other potential red card for Raith today. They got away with murder and we got free kicks pulled back a couple of times for the most niggly little things.

BoomtownHibees
02-01-2016, 07:13 PM
I thought he was awful for both teams. How did Gray not get sent off in the first half. Also one of there boys took out Gray I think it was..... And he gives the free kick to them. Crowd went mental at that

Grays was never a sending off

Northernhibee
02-01-2016, 07:14 PM

That was an awful challenge from Gray, would like to see it again to see if it was a potential red.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Grays was never a sending off

My initial reaction was it was a stupid, reckless tackle. At the time I thought the way the ref ran over meant a red was imminent. I'd like to see it again.

BoomtownHibees
02-01-2016, 07:19 PM
My initial reaction was it was a stupid, reckless tackle. At the time I thought the way the ref ran over meant a red was imminent. I'd like to see it again.

Just looked late to me. Didn't look like a dangerous tackle

thebakerboy
02-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Thought the ref was poor today , let Mathews off with a terrible thump in the back of McGinn(I think) when he had already been booked , then gave a foul against McGinn when he was thrown to the ground and then 2 assaults on Anier resulted in free kicks to Raith. And how he missed the blatent hand ball when the Raith player jumped up in front of the dugout which resulted in an attack for Raith. He could have given at least 3/4 more yellows which would have resulted in at least 1 more red.

hibee_girl
02-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Just looked late to me. Didn't look like a dangerous tackle

:agree: Looked to me like he just couldn't stop in time.

B.H.F.C
02-01-2016, 07:26 PM

I actually thought Gray slipped but smashed in to the boy because of the speed he was running at.

matty_f
02-01-2016, 07:29 PM
The general standard of refereeing at this level is awful, this guy just kept that standard up. I thought he was hopeless. He'd lost control of the game by the end of it.

FranckSuzy
02-01-2016, 07:32 PM
That was the one that got me.

McGinn put in a robust tackle and he gave nothing, few seconds pass and Raith player literally throws McGinn off the ball and he awarded them a free kick.

His knowledge of the advantage rule seemed a bit sketchy as well.

:agree: Twice that I can recall, we had possession then he gave a foul against Raith and pulled us back.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2016, 07:39 PM

As I said I'd like to see it again as I was about as far from the incident as it was possible to be. If others are saying it was a slip and/or mistimed I'll happily accept I could well be wrong.

green day
02-01-2016, 07:52 PM

Gray slipped, going too fast to retrieve a lost cause.

Yellow deffo, never a red though.

Northernhibee
02-01-2016, 07:55 PM
Gray slipped, going too fast to retrieve a lost cause.

Yellow deffo, never a red though.

Fair play :flag: