PDA

View Full Version : RIP Terry Delaney

Glorious St Pat
02-01-2016, 06:10 PM
Sad news this morning that a good Hibby Terry died after a short illness. Condolences with the angels all above to all the family - God Bless.

Mr White
02-01-2016, 06:12 PM
RIP. I knew his kids in primary school. Very sad news.

Thoughts very much with the family.

MartinfaePorty
02-01-2016, 06:13 PM
So sorry to hear that. I had heard he wasn't well, but very sad news. All my condolences to the family, who I know are big Hibbys.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

thebakerboy
02-01-2016, 07:33 PM
Terry was a great friend when we both worked in the Computer Department at Scottish Gas , he was a lovely big guy and we had lots of good times together and him and all his family are great Hibbies . My condolences go to his wife Pat and all his family.

One Day
02-01-2016, 09:17 PM
I worked with Terry for a good few years at Scottish Gas, a true Gentleman and a great Hibby.

Last saw him at the Falkirk semi last year when we thought "this might be our year" Cant believe
I wont bump into him again.

RIP El Tel god bless you and your family

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

cocopops1875
03-01-2016, 12:27 AM
One of Terrys sons is my best mate (he doesn't post on here) and I'm good friends with his Nephew who does.
Terry was a truly lovely guy who lived for his family,friends and of course the Hibs, it's all been rather sudden and is of course very raw for those close to him, I will make sure that your kind words find their way to the family who I'm sure will appreciate it x

Bishop Hibee
03-01-2016, 12:35 AM
Know the family well. I knew Terry was ill but very sad news when I heard this morning.

RIP

gegs70
03-01-2016, 02:06 AM
Loved a chat with Terry at work about Hibs, lovely guy. Spoke to him a few times in the old East terrace before it was taken down. Absolutely great guy, pass on my best to his family....RIP Terry....

Deansy
03-01-2016, 02:12 AM
This is so sad to learn. I also knew Terry from working in Scottish Gas, and also lived close to him in Portobello - you couldn't meet a more nicer, amiable guy !. He had a really quiet, sardonic, dry sense of humour which I loved !. He was brilliant company and as others have said, a truly passionate Hibee - RIP mate, sadly missed.

One Day
03-01-2016, 09:58 AM
This is so sad to learn. I also knew Terry from working in Scottish Gas, and also lived close to him in Portobello - you couldn't meet a more nicer, amiable guy !. He had a really quiet, sardonic, dry sense of humour which I loved !. He was brilliant company and as others have said, a truly passionate Hibee - RIP mate, sadly missed.

Hello Deansy I sent you a PM

DL1960
03-01-2016, 03:01 PM
Really sad news, RIP Terry.

Deansy
03-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Hello Deansy I sent you a PM Hi mate, replied to you.

One Day
03-01-2016, 09:18 PM
Hi mate, replied to you.

don't seem to have received your pm

Deansy
04-01-2016, 05:31 PM
don't seem to have received your pm

Sorry big K, no idea what I've done - hopefully you get it this time !!

matty_f
04-01-2016, 05:39 PM
Sorry to hear this news, RIP Terry.

Glorious St Pat
13-01-2016, 11:34 AM
Lovely send off today for a Terry. Whole family did him proud - special mention to Michael and Louise for their moving eulogy. Father Jock too.

Delighted that Leeann Dempster, Rod Petrie and Frank Dougan were also there. Nice touch from the club.

God Bless Tel

mcgoogy
13-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Lovely send off today for a Terry. Whole family did him proud - special mention to Michael and Louise for their moving eulogy. Father Jock too.

Delighted that Leeann Dempster, Rod Petrie and Frank Dougan were also there. Nice touch from the club.

God Bless Tel

Absolutely agree, was a wonderful send off for a great guy.

To see the club represented as well was a great gesture. Hibs class.

Let's hope the team can make Terry's last of many seasons as a Hibs man one to remember.

thebakerboy
13-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Terry would have loved the representation from Hibs , an excellent gesture from the club , have to say I was pleasantly surprised when 1st Rod and then the others walked into the crematorium.

CraigHibee
13-01-2016, 03:59 PM
i've worked at the gas for the last 16 and a bit years, heard of his name but i'll be honest and say i never met the guy.

rip terry

Deansy
13-01-2016, 04:03 PM

God Bless Tel

Sadly I couldn't make it due to my own health problems but I'm chuffed to bits for Terry receiving such a lovely gesture, he deserved no less !. Though knowing him as I did, he'll be looking down with a wry smile and down-playing it !!.

cocopops1875
14-01-2016, 01:13 AM
I know the family were very touched by the level of representation from Hibs today, the whole day was an absolutely fitting tribute to a wonderful man who is and will be sadly missed. The family have been overwhelmed with the support and lovely words many have posted on here and on a Facebook page that was set up, they have certainly found a level of comfort reading how much Terry meant to so many people, I wouldn't be so crass as to thank you all on their behalf but I would like to thank you as a close friend of them as I do believe that these things have helped them find some peace at what has been a heartbreaking time

NoTottiNoParty
14-01-2016, 06:23 PM
I know the family were very touched by the level of representation from Hibs today, the whole day was an absolutely fitting tribute to a wonderful man who is and will be sadly missed. The family have been overwhelmed with the support and lovely words many have posted on here and on a Facebook page that was set up, they have certainly found a level of comfort reading how much Terry meant to so many people, I wouldn't be so crass as to thank you all on their behalf but I would like to thank you as a close friend of them as I do believe that these things have helped them find some peace at what has been a heartbreaking time

Top words Col. Brutal news about Terry but I'm sure they all done him proud yesterday. Pass on my condolences to dave and the rest of them.
Neil