PDA

View Full Version : Well Done...

Keith_M
02-01-2016, 06:15 PM
...to the Team and the Fans.

Three points in the bag against a difficult team to beat and we also broke the 10,000 mark for a home game.

Well done to all

:thumbsup:

CRAZYHIBBY
02-01-2016, 06:22 PM
Well done to the fans for turning up

iwasthere1972
02-01-2016, 06:40 PM
Weird feeling today. I've come away from the game today with that just lost feeling. Not on the normal high when we've won but maybe because I thought we should be winning games like this by three or four goals. Don't get me wrong, happy that we got the three points against a poor Raith Rovers side, but just wanted that bit more.

Maybe it's a sign of the improvement that we've made since Stubbsy arrived that I've left a bit deflated even after a win.

Yes strange feeling.

Centre Hawf
02-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Weird feeling today. I've come away from the game today with that just lost feeling. Not on the normal high when we've won but maybe because I thought we should be winning games like this by three or four goals. Don't get me wrong, happy that we got the three points against a poor Raith Rovers side, but just wanted that bit more.

Maybe it's a sign of the improvement that we've made since Stubbsy arrived that I've left a bit deflated even after a win.

Yes strange feeling.

We're not in the greatest run of form I think performance wise and we're off the back end of what could have been a very demoralising loss to Rangers. First and foremost was 3 points, would have liked more goals but it wasn't the be all. I think we'll enjoy playing without the fear of slipping up next week and perhaps we could go out and bag 3 or 4 against that lot as they were pretty poor, that'll get the confidence back in.

Wilson
02-01-2016, 07:45 PM

Yes strange feeling.

Raith had drawn 3 and beat Morton away before playing us. They were in relatively good form. Form that suggested nothing but a tough game. Any kind of win is good.

I really think that if the hun hadn't been putting Dumbarton to the sword at the same time there wouldn't be such a fuss over numbers of goals.

Sir David Gray
02-01-2016, 07:58 PM
3 points was vital today in order to get us back on track after Monday's defeat.

Considering Sevco were playing Dumbarton and Falkirk were playing Alloa, it was important we won in order to keep up with the pair of them.

We got a good reaction today and a win is a win.

Hope we can complete the double over Raith Rovers next week.

Frazerbob
03-01-2016, 01:34 AM
With next week being the cup and Raith being at home, hopefully they won't be so negative and defensive meaning we should get more opportunities to bang in some goals.

03-01-2016, 03:42 AM
Agree with the sentiment about leaving the game less elated than I have done in previous recent home games. Having thought about it on the drive home however, that's undoubtedly due to the nature of securing 4 points against Falkirk then QOS in the dying minutes when we really needed those points. Today was all about bouncing back after the disappointment of the Death Star last week though. We were flat and found it a struggle in the first half today but in the 2nd we definitely had more of a spring in our step and moved the ball about quicker and made better angles in wide areas. I suspect if we'd got the 2nd goal our 2nd half performance deserved we may well have gone on to get more goals and we'd all have felt a lot better leaving the ground.

Bottom line is we got 3 points while The Rangers and Falkirk were winning against teams near the bottom of the league. Those two will have slips between now and the end of the season, maybe not a lot, but they'll likely not win all their games so we just need to get back on another run and today was the first step on that road. Well done to the team and let's keep the 10k+ crowds at ER to help keep the run going.

matty_f
03-01-2016, 05:45 AM
Well done to everyone. Can't say i was in the slightest bit deflated when i left the ground - i was delighted with the win. I still am.

One Day
03-01-2016, 11:15 AM
Well done to everyone. Can't say i was in the slightest bit deflated when i left the ground - i was delighted with the win. I still am.

A win is a win and at this stage is what matters most

Islington Hibs
03-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Living in London this was only the third time I had seen Hibs live this season. I tend to agree with the first post that it was all a bit flat. We could easily have been one down after a very poor start. Then we dominated, with some neat passing but lacked punch. We really need to get out of second gear and inject some pace. To be fair Raith never, outside the first few minutes, threatened at all. I thought it an overall competent performance with a number of good performances but we need to keep Cummings for the midfield is not getting into enough scoring positions.

I fear if we play like that all season we will be probably play off favourites will all the banana skins that potentially holds. That said we are continuing to grind out wins and if we can keep the faith we have a decent chance as Rangers will drop points.

greenlex
03-01-2016, 01:16 PM
I think the flatness was as much to do with the quietness of the crowd relative to the size of it as what was going on the park. I realise one affects the other. There was a few times when the west stand started a few chants too. I think if we had an early goal or indeed a second it might have helped. Conversely if the crowd had been noisier and the game had panned out exactly like it did we wouldn't be having the " flat" conversation.

NAE NOOKIE
03-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Winning is the be all and end all at the moment, we have dipped a wee bit, but if we can grind out wins until the spark returns I for one will be more than happy.

The 10 men behind the ball matches we have to endure doesn't make for great watching and as a result it just isn't going to get the crowd going. I hope the thousand or so extra fans on Saturday appreciate that and keep backing the team.

One thing I noticed on Saturday was a problem we have had for a number of seasons, even from before we were relegated. In the first half the ball went out to Lewis a lot, and time and again the momentum was lost because Lewis just doesn't have the pace to take anybody on meaning he invariably has to stop and look for a ball back the way or inside.

In the season we were relegated Stevenson probably had possession of the ball in games more than any other Hibs player. In my opinion that was no accident, I was ( and still am ) convinced that the more savvy teams instruct their players to allow him to be the out ball, because he isn't a danger as long as you close him down before the final 3rd .... this allows teams to get players into position to stop us getting shots in from outside the box or getting quick crosses in from the left.

If I was an opposition manager I would be telling my forwards to close down Gray and the centre halves and allow Lewis the ball with a couple of guys 10 yards off him waiting to close him down when he got into our half .... especially in the knowledge that Hibs wont go long and if they do my centre halves have a 90% chance of winning the ball.

This is not a criticism of Stevenson, he does what he does very well.