PDA

View Full Version : lancshibs or any hibees traveling up through Carlisle.

the pie eater
01-01-2016, 06:53 PM
Just had a chat with the virgin train staff at wigan. It's not looking good for 2moz. Engineers working through the night. Staff not confident that trains will run between Carlisle and Edinburgh 2moz. Also they are not putting replacement buses on. Check the virgin site before you leave your house.

HH81
01-01-2016, 07:37 PM
Iwould have drove up but working. Hope everyone can find a way to get to it.

Hermit Crab
01-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Go across to York and up via the east coast.

LancsHibs
01-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Already here mate, came up Thursday. Have train tickets to return back South tomorrow after the match!! Better be bus replacement!!

SausageSurprise
01-01-2016, 08:35 PM
If there was ever a thread to highlight the benefits of supporting your local team it would be this ;)

Hermit Crab
01-01-2016, 08:56 PM
If there was ever a thread to highlight the benefits of supporting your local team it would be this ;)

You need to take yourself to kickback instead of trolling here.

Flanny boy
01-01-2016, 11:50 PM
I came back down today couldn't stay for game due to work and they put on coaches from the Waverley to Carlisle.l would be surprised if there is no coaches tommorow but you never know.good luck to all travelling up tommorow.ggtth

Scouse Hibee
01-01-2016, 11:52 PM
We heard you the first time :-)

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-01-2016, 12:15 AM
3 posts from a Flanny on the same thread, nowt unusual I suppose.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2016, 12:20 AM
I came back down today couldn't stay for game due to work and they put on coaches from the Waverley to Carlisle.l would be surprised if there is no coaches tommorow but you never know.good luck to all travelling up tommorow.ggtth

You back on the sauce Paul? :greengrin

Flanny boy
02-01-2016, 12:26 AM
3 posts from a Flanny on the same thread, nowt unusual I suppose.
Sorry about that troops no to sure what happened there tbh I've no even been drinking. anyway I only traveled back once fae the Waverley no 3 times. apologies.happy new year guys.:thumbsup:

Flanny boy
02-01-2016, 12:30 AM
[QUOTbig man.kpoolhibs;4535422]You back on the sauce Paul? :greengrin[/QUOTE]
Haha bigman.if i had have been i dont think i would have found blackpool never mind my ipad :wink:

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2016, 12:38 AM
[QUOTbig man.kpoolhibs;4535422]You back on the sauce Paul? :greengrin
Haha bigman.if i had have been i dont think i would have found blackpool never mind my ipad :wink:[/QUOTE]

:greengrin Family alright pal, did you have a good time up the road?

Flanny boy
02-01-2016, 03:30 AM
Haha bigman.if i had have been i dont think i would have found blackpool never mind my ipad :wink:

:greengrin Family alright pal, did you have a good time up the road?[/QUOTE]
Aye they are fine pal thanks.it was sound.ggtth

Lancs Harp
02-01-2016, 06:45 AM
Looks like its a bus from Lockerbie ........ could be a long day but what the hell.

Hail Hail the Hibs are here (hopefully)

bigwheel
02-01-2016, 10:15 AM
Looks like its a bus from Lockerbie ........ could be a long day but what the hell.

That's impressive commitment ! Nice one....

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2016, 10:29 AM

Reminds me of a train journey up once i had, i left it late to book the tickets and went online late on the friday to book them.

Too my surprise, all they wanted was £4 going up and £3.70 to come back.

Couldnt believe my luck.

Gets on at Preston and the train sets off, gets coat off and started tucking into my Mcdonalds breakfast, then there's an announcement. Would everyone please get off at Lancaster and board the bus service to Edinburgh.

Bloody train journey lasted 10 minutes, and it was the same coming back. I had not read the small print where this was all explained. :greengrin

HH81
02-01-2016, 03:57 PM
Did Lancs Harp make the game?

LancsHibs
02-01-2016, 09:01 PM
Did Lancs Harp make the game?

He's not on the bus back!

HH81
02-01-2016, 09:22 PM

:aok: If your still on that bus your heading for a late night :greengrin

the pie eater
02-01-2016, 09:42 PM

So virgin have replacement buses between Edinburgh and Carlisle. They told me they were not having any replacement buses and I would have to travel via york.so I decided not to go.

HH81
02-01-2016, 09:45 PM
So virgin have replacement buses between Edinburgh and Carlisle. They told me they were not having any replacement buses and I would have to travel via york.so I decided not to go.

Poor that, hope you got a full refund? Get a complaint in too and get some compensation.

the pie eater
02-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Going to see if I can use them next sat if the line is open then. I'll get a refund if not.

LancsHibs
02-01-2016, 11:52 PM
:aok: If your still on that bus your heading for a late night :greengrin

Just got home, nightmare journey:grr:be glad you didn't attempt it Bob!

Lancs Harp
03-01-2016, 01:13 AM
Finally got home at 12.30 am, left the house at 7.10 (that's normal) the train "expired" at Carlisle and a two and a half hour bus ride to the Capital meant a 12.30 arrival instead of 11am so a couple local hostelries had to do without my business :greengrin

Return journey a coach journey to Carlisle and then another coach to Preston, which meant I missed my connection to St Annes and had to go to Blackpool and bus it back to St Annes.

Still at least we won :flag:

I've just read this message back and realise it reads like a right anorak wrote it..... apologies (winky icon thingy)

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2016, 01:14 AM
Just got home, nightmare journey:grr:be glad you didn't attempt it Bob!

Just imagine how bad it would have been if he had gone.

LancsHibs
03-01-2016, 07:40 AM
Just imagine how bad it would have been if he had gone.

Ha ha, true

the pie eater
03-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Ha ha, true

It would have been a bigger nightmare with moaning groaning gary.

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2016, 12:18 PM

Now now Bob. :greengrin

Flanny boy
03-01-2016, 01:56 PM
Touchy boaby touchy :wink:

the pie eater
03-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Touchy boaby touchy :wink:

True though. Mind u he has been a little more positive of late. Makes me wonder if an alien has taken him over.

grunt
03-01-2016, 03:50 PM
National Rail ‏@nationalrailenq 8m8 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/nationalrailenq/status/683674846782447618)
Disruption between Carlisle and Glasgow Central / Edinburgh expected until Sunday 31 January #Lamington (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Lamington?src=hash) http://twt.lt/0gff (https://t.co/EYIx2zBNEK)

HH81
03-01-2016, 03:52 PM
National Rail ‏@nationalrailenq 8m8 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/nationalrailenq/status/683674846782447618)
Disruption between Carlisle and Glasgow Central / Edinburgh expected until Sunday 31 January #Lamington (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Lamington?src=hash) http://twt.lt/0gff (https://t.co/EYIx2zBNEK)

Nightmare I have booked on for cheap train from Preston for semi final.

the pie eater
03-01-2016, 04:01 PM

Me and dave booked on the 09.38 fi wigan. Hopefully they have completed the work earlier than they expect. Not holding my breath though. Looks like it will be via york or bus fi Carlisle.

HH81
03-01-2016, 04:08 PM
Me and dave booked on the 09.38 fi wigan. Hopefully they have completed the work earlier than they expect. Not holding my breath though. Looks like it will be via york or bus fi Carlisle.

I am on same train but from preston. Got it really cheap too.

the pie eater
03-01-2016, 04:13 PM
I am on same train but from preston. Got it really cheap too.

We did as well. Going to check out best option. Going to look at Manchester to Edinburgh east coast line and if it is not to much hassle will go that way. If not it will be bus fi Carlisle.

HH81
03-01-2016, 04:15 PM
We did as well. Going to check out best option. Going to look at Manchester to Edinburgh east coast line and if it is not to much hassle will go that way. If not it will be bus fi Carlisle.

I think it will be expensive. Anything through York/Leeds seems to be more than double price compaired to Preston

Scouse Hibee
03-01-2016, 04:31 PM
I think it will be expensive. Anything through York/Leeds seems to be more than double price compaired to Preston

You will be able to travel on your already bought tickets via York at no extra cost.

the pie eater
03-01-2016, 04:37 PM
You will be able to travel on your already bought tickets via York at no extra cost.

Beat me to it. Trains fi manc 07.57 arrive 12.05. 08.57 arrive 13.02. Train back 1900 arrive 00.04. On way back I will have to do coach. As no way back fi manc to wigan.

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Beat me to it. Trains fi manc 07.57 arrive 12.05. 08.57 arrive 13.02. Train back 1900 arrive 00.04. On way back I will have to do coach. As no way back fi manc to wigan.

FFS i am booked on the train for that game, but i'm not doing any of that.

Maybe look at coming by car now?

Lancs Harp
03-01-2016, 04:50 PM
Im booked on the 8.26 out of Preston (also got it nice and cheap) I reckon keep an eye on things they could well finish early.

HH81
03-01-2016, 05:02 PM
FFS i am booked on the train for that game, but i'm not doing any of that.

Maybe look at coming by car now?

If trains not sorted I will drive so can fit 4 in mine.

HH81
03-01-2016, 05:03 PM

As noted above I will drive and arrange some pick ups if any issues.

the pie eater
03-01-2016, 05:35 PM

Not sure how many are going up. Some may not bother if they miss out on a ticket.

HH81
03-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Not sure how many are going up. Some may not bother if they miss out on a ticket.

Everyone that wants a ticket will get one I reckon.

the pie eater
03-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Virgin are going to be running a limited service to Glasgow via a diversaray route which will add 90 mins to journey. Depending when these run it could be another option and train it to Edinburgh from Glasgow and back.

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2016, 06:24 PM
If trains not sorted I will drive so can fit 4 in mine.

Ok bud, put me and Billy down for 2 of those places if its not sorted. :aok:

PatHead
04-01-2016, 12:05 AM
Really admire the effort you guys put in to attend matches. Especially in seasons gone by.

Puts us local fans to shame!

MKHIBEE
04-01-2016, 08:26 PM
My train from Birmingham will be delayed then, not due in until 12.22 as it is. Will have to get on the phone to see what alternatives they can offer.

Carheenlea
04-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Really admire the effort you guys put in to attend matches. Especially in seasons gone by.

Puts us local fans to shame!

Thinking exactly the same PatHead - these guys do put in an admirable effort in attending matches.

jgl07
04-01-2016, 10:57 PM
If you have already booked you can use the East Coast route without paying extra.

We were travelling back from Greece today via Manchester Airport. I booked cheap tickets online on Sunday for £17.80 each. Today the fare was around £60.

LancashireHibby
05-01-2016, 09:17 PM
If you have already booked you can use the East Coast route without paying extra.

We were travelling back from Greece today via Manchester Airport. I booked cheap tickets online on Sunday for £17.80 each. Today the fare was around £60.
Was holding off on buying train tickets until knowing whether I'd get a ticket for my mate and I...it's a bargain £101.80 return on the Manchester-York-Edinburgh route now! Will have to drive up if we manage to get a ticket. Stops me boozing, I suppose!

HH81
05-01-2016, 09:26 PM
Was holding off on buying train tickets until knowing whether I'd get a ticket for my mate and I...it's a bargain £101.80 return on the Manchester-York-Edinburgh route now! Will have to drive up if we manage to get a ticket. Stops me boozing, I suppose!

You never know might complete it early. I will defo drive so you can jump on with me if you want drink.

LancashireHibby
05-01-2016, 09:31 PM
You never know might complete it early. I will defo drive so you can jump on with me if you want drink.
There will be at least two of us but I'll let you know. Depends on the ticket situation (and I dare say whether Bolton win at Eastleigh on Saturday for my mate!)

Hermit Crab
06-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Heard its now into Feb before the line will open again,some are saying march......:rolleyes:

PatHead
06-01-2016, 06:19 PM
Is this good news?

On BBC

Virgin Trains has said an hourly rail service between Glasgow and Carlisle will operate from Saturday.
The west coast main line has been closed since Storm Frank damaged the Lamington Viaduct in South Lanarkshire.
Virgin said trains will run on a shuttle service via Dumfries, with passengers changing at Carlisle to complete their journey.
Network Rail has indicated that the work at Lamington could take until the end of January.
Virgin has been operating an irregular rail service on the Dumfries line alongside a bus replacement service, but Saturday will see the introduction of a formal, temporary timetable.
Trains will leave Glasgow at 22 minutes past the hour, and leave Carlisle on the hour.
The service will operate 07:00-19:00 on weekdays and Saturdays with a later start, still to be confirmed, on Sundays.
Virgin said it hopes to resume normal operation on the West Coast Main Line from 1 February, subject to Network Rail completing repair work.

MKHIBEE
08-01-2016, 03:54 PM
Just been told by Virgin that the open ticket plan whereby tickets can be used on other routes is not expected to be available through to the 30th. I was advised I would have to travel as booked. Not doing that, it's a long enough day without getting on buses.

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2016, 04:03 PM
Just been told by Virgin that the open ticket plan whereby tickets can be used on other routes is not expected to be available through to the 30th. I was advised I would have to travel as booked. Not doing that, it's a long enough day without getting on buses.

Yep travelling to Liverpool today and wasn't allowed to use my ticket on Newcastle/York route. Take the bus or buy another ticket were my choices.

Hermit Crab
08-01-2016, 06:15 PM
Yep travelling to Liverpool today and wasn't allowed to use my ticket on Newcastle/York route. Take the bus or buy another ticket were my choices.

Were you not given the change of route excess fare option thats available for most tickets routed "via carlisle"?

MKHIBEE
08-01-2016, 06:24 PM
Were you not given the change of route excess fare option thats available for most tickets routed "via carlisle"?
I had to cancel my original tickets from Birmingham to Edinburgh,with a full refund, and book my journey on another route. I am now travelling from Doncaster which is almost double the price.

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2016, 08:13 PM

Nope,given a form and told to try and claim my original fare back.

Cheshire Hibby
08-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Note the posts about going up for SF. If I get a ticket, I'll be happy to take 3 or 4 up.

jgl07
13-01-2016, 02:58 PM
Apparently not.

We returned from Manchester Airport last week are were allowed to go via York.

However travelling to Manchester today we had to use the crappy bus replacement to Lockerbie. This meant we were two hours late into Manchester.

I would advise going an hour or two earlier than booked if you want to get there in time.

Lancs Harp
13-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Returning after the league game against Raith it was a bus to Carlisle, where we obviously expected a train to take us further on. Nope, another bus, bit of a nightmare trip.

Already got my tickets well in advance for the St Johnstone game but its looking increasingly likely that I wont use them ad will travel by road.

Anyone got a spare bedroom? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2016, 04:27 PM

Ok bud, put me and Billy down for 2 of those places if its not sorted. :aok:

There will be at least two of us but I'll let you know. Depends on the ticket situation (and I dare say whether Bolton win at Eastleigh on Saturday for my mate!)

Note the posts about going up for SF. If I get a ticket, I'll be happy to take 3 or 4 up.

Returning after the league game against Raith it was a bus to Carlisle, where we obviously expected a train to take us further on. Nope, another bus, bit of a nightmare trip.

Already got my tickets well in advance for the St Johnstone game but its looking increasingly likely that I wont use them ad will travel by road.

Anyone got a spare bedroom? :greengrin

Looks like there will be quite a few going up from round this way, maybe a little bit of organisation would fill a few cars?

Hopefully fill every empty space and save on fuel price for everyone.

Put your name down if you will drive and have tickets, then it will be easier to get every car filled folks, or maybe even get a minibus if thats what people want?

Me and Billy have tickets, would rather not drive but cant speak for Billy as he's in Tenerife at the moment.

Scouse Hibee
13-01-2016, 04:58 PM
Apparently not.

We returned from Manchester Airport last week are were allowed to go via York.

However travelling to Manchester today we had to use the crappy bus replacement to Lockerbie. This meant we were two hours late into Manchester.

I would advise going an hour or two earlier than booked if you want to get there in time.

Yes read my latest post and you will see I had the same problem last Friday.

the pie eater
13-01-2016, 09:41 PM
I will start with good news. I got my ticket today. Was on virgin site today looking at nxt sats train times. Revised time table in operation. Train booked on this sat not in revised time table. Checked the 30th again train booked on not listed. So it will be the 08.11 fi wigan arrive Edinburgh 12.50. On way bck only one option 18.08 arrive wigan 23.44. The 18.50 which is booked. Is bus to Carlisle arrive 21.30. Nxt train to wigan Sunday at 10.56. Wonder if they have my hotel room booked. Lol. Think I will be staying over. Sat 23rd not to bad as I will catch the 18.08 bck. If I decide to go. Going up this sat and bck dwn mond. So will get a feel for how good/ bad it's going to be.

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2016, 10:00 PM
I will start with good news. I got my ticket today. Was on virgin site today looking at nxt sats train times. Revised time table in operation. Train booked on this sat not in revised time table. Checked the 30th again train booked on not listed. So it will be the 08.11 fi wigan arrive Edinburgh 12.50. On way bck only one option 18.08 arrive wigan 23.44. The 18.50 which is booked. Is bus to Carlisle arrive 21.30. Nxt train to wigan Sunday at 10.56. Wonder if they have my hotel room booked. Lol. Think I will be staying over. Sat 23rd not to bad as I will catch the 18.08 bck. If I decide to go. Going up this sat and bck dwn mond. So will get a feel for how good/ bad it's going to be.

Bob, theres no way I'm doing them hours travelling on a bus for the semi. :no way:

the pie eater
13-01-2016, 11:32 PM
Bob, theres no way I'm doing them hours travelling on a bus for the semi. :no way:

I'll wait and see who get's a tckt and see if I have option of getting up by car. Not forking out 40 2 60 quid for taxi to the trout and bck.

the pie eater
16-01-2016, 04:22 PM

Travelled up this morning. A little longer than normal. Found it fairly comfortable.

HH81
18-01-2016, 04:47 PM
I now have a ticket so am defo going. Like i said before I can drive up if trains still messed up. Does anyone think can get refund on train ticket?

Green Man
18-01-2016, 04:49 PM
It's just been confirmed that the train line will be closed until March.

Scouse Hibee
18-01-2016, 05:39 PM
It's just been confirmed that the train line will be closed until March.

FFS where did you see that mate? Fecks up my regular travels big time.

oconnors_strip
18-01-2016, 05:40 PM
FFS where did you see that mate? Fecks up my regular travels big time.

Seen it on bbc website

Scouse Hibee
18-01-2016, 05:42 PM
Seen it on bbc website

Cheers will have a look.

Lancs Harp
19-01-2016, 10:28 AM
I now have a ticket so am defo going. Like i said before I can drive up if trains still messed up. Does anyone think can get refund on train ticket?

I booked my train tickets ages ago through Trainline and got a refund this week.

The "train" journey up for the Raith game on Jan 2 was a little tedious so Im making different travel arrangements for the semi final and consequent matches. It means Im giving the St Mirren game a miss this week though.

GGTTH

HH81
19-01-2016, 12:39 PM
I booked my train tickets ages ago through Trainline and got a refund this week.

The "train" journey up for the Raith game on Jan 2 was a little tedious so Im making different travel arrangements for the semi final and consequent matches. It means Im giving the St Mirren game a miss this week though.

GGTTH

Cheers, right guys what are everyone's plans?

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2016, 09:36 AM
Cheers, right guys what are everyone's plans?

Refund back in my account for the train tickets, 2 of us billy and myself looking for a car to share there and back. :thumbsup:

HH81
22-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Just got e-mail about a refund. Matt, bob etc what are your plans?? Anyone else? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Just got e-mail about a refund. Matt, bob etc what are your plans?? Anyone else? :confused:

We got a refund too, billy and myself looking for a lift now.

HH81
22-01-2016, 05:35 PM
We got a refund too, billy and myself looking for a lift now.

Don't worry BH I seen your post best to see what everyone doing as were all friends here :-).

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2016, 07:40 PM
Don't worry BH I seen your post best to see what everyone doing as were all friends here :-).

:aok:

LancsHibs
22-01-2016, 07:46 PM
Been told today by a railway insider that Lamington Viaduct north of Lockerbie is in worse condition than first thought and could be closed until June. That's the trains goosed until the end of the season:eek:

HH81
22-01-2016, 08:14 PM
:aok:

If no one else comes forward looks like just us 3.

LancashireHibby
22-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Going to Bolton v Leeds in the FA Cup mate. I'll probably regret it by early next week but my enthusiasm for the semi final has evaporated with all the messing about with tickets and travel. Believe Bob is going up tomorrow on the 'train'. Not sure whether his shrink is travelling up with him.

HH81
22-01-2016, 08:20 PM
Going to Bolton v Leeds in the FA Cup mate. I'll probably regret it by early next week but my enthusiasm for the semi final has evaporated with all the messing about with tickets and travel. Believe Bob is going up tomorrow on the 'train'. Not sure whether his shrink is travelling up with him.

No worries mate. Bolton v Leeds sounds tasty. Be few Leeds at that.

LancashireHibby
22-01-2016, 08:23 PM
No worries mate. Bolton v Leeds sounds tasty. Be few Leeds at that.
We've given them the biggest ever allocation at the Reebok/Macron - all of the South Stand and half of the West Lower so 6,800 altogether.

HH81
22-01-2016, 08:26 PM
We've given them the biggest ever allocation at the Reebok/Macron - all of the South Stand and half of the West Lower so 6,800 altogether.

Surprised the police have allowed that. Leeds will sell that out too.

Lancs Harp
22-01-2016, 08:28 PM
Looks like Im going up on Friday afternoon. Got my rail ticket refunded so will be driving looks like the trains are going to be a pain for the rest of the season.

How many of us are planning to go from the north west?

HH81
22-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Looks like Im going up on Friday afternoon. Got my rail ticket refunded so will be driving looks like the trains are going to be a pain for the rest of the season.

How many of us are planning to go from the north west?

I am travelling from Yorkshire :-)

Lancs Harp
22-01-2016, 08:32 PM
I am travelling from Yorkshire :-)

There are probably enough of us for a mini bus but by the time we had picked everyone up we would be starting at about 5 am.:wink:

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2016, 08:35 PM

GGTTH

I have just emailed them for a refund for a trip the other way, did they refund you no bother even though they were advanced purchase?

Lancs Harp
22-01-2016, 08:44 PM
I have just emailed them for a refund for a trip the other way, did they refund you no bother even though they were advanced purchase?

Yeah. Like I said I booked via trainline. The ticket was supposedly non refundable (printed on the ticket) but I called them and explained that I couldn't make my connections on the return journey due to the viaduct problems and they agreed to refund no problem.

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Yeah. Like I said I booked via trainline. The ticket was supposedly non refundable (printed on the ticket) but I called them and explained that I couldn't make my connections on the return journey due to the viaduct problems and they agreed to refund no problem.

Perfect, have just emailed trainline with a similar request. :aok:

HH81
22-01-2016, 08:54 PM
Perfect, have just emailed trainline with a similar request. :aok:

What email address have you used?

Lancs Harp
22-01-2016, 09:02 PM
If you have received your tickets in the post you have to return them before you get the refund, which I did straight away. Think my money was refunded within 3 days requesting it. I phoned rather than emailed.

HH81
22-01-2016, 09:05 PM
If you have received your tickets in the post you have to return them before you get the refund, which I did straight away. Think my money was refunded within 3 days requesting it. I phoned rather than emailed.

I never got mine from machine, got email today from them but when click refund link asking for refrence number which is different to one I have, might call them.

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2016, 09:08 PM
What email address have you used?

Logged into my trainline account and used the contact us link.

HH81
22-01-2016, 09:09 PM
Logged into my trainline account and used the contact us link.

Cheers done that now.

the pie eater
22-01-2016, 09:10 PM

Dave and I are going by train via york. Going up 2moz leaving wigan at 08.11.bus fi Lockerbie. Bck sun morn. I've not found it that bad.

HH81
22-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Dave and I are going by train via york. Going up 2moz leaving wigan at 08.11.bus fi Lockerbie. Bck sun morn. I've not found it that bad.

What did it cost you return via york?

the pie eater
22-01-2016, 09:26 PM
What did it cost you return via york?

Same tckts. The option to go via york has never been stopped.Confirmed by virgin.

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Same tckts. The option to go via york has never been stopped.Confirmed by virgin.

It has by the other mob.

the pie eater
22-01-2016, 09:48 PM
It has by the other mob.

I travelled wi the other mob last wkend with virgin train tckts. Had no issues. Going with the other mob 2moz and bck with them on sund. All for 24 return. Virgin have agreement in place with them and scotrail that pre booked virgin tickets can be used. So u have option to travel to Glasgow and use scotrail to get to Edinburgh.

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2016, 09:57 PM
I travelled wi the other mob last wkend with virgin train tckts. Had no issues. Going with the other mob 2moz and bck with them on sund. All for 24 return. Virgin have agreement in place with them and scotrail that pre booked virgin tickets can be used. So u have option to travel to Glasgow and use scotrail to get to Edinburgh.

I always use the Transpennine Manchester airport train on a Friday night 16.12 from Waverley to change at Wigan, Virgin wouldn't accept their tickets for me to travel via York so I had to buy new tickets on the day, cost me £101. Pissed me right off, I do the same journey every month but can't be ersed with the extra time it takes going via York so will drive until trains are back to normal.

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2016, 10:04 PM
Cheers done that now.

Just had a reply, that was quick! Refund application was successful money will be in my account within 3 days.:thumbsup:

the pie eater
22-01-2016, 10:07 PM
It's only trains via carlisle. As virgin also run the train via york we can travel on the pre booked virgin train tickets.if it was transpennine tickets we would be stuck nxt sat.not sure if transpennine tickets via carlisle are valid with virgin. Maybe virgin are paying a subsidiary pymnt to transpennine and scotrail.

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2016, 10:13 PM
It's only trains via carlisle. As virgin also run the train via york we can travel on the pre booked virgin train tickets.if it was transpennine tickets we would be stuck nxt sat.not sure if transpennine tickets via carlisle are valid with virgin. Maybe virgin are paying a subsidiary pymnt to transpennine and scotrail.

No they're not valid the train I get is the via Carlisle train Transpennine Express changing at Wigan and Virgin wouldn't accept them. All good now as just received refund via trainline for the tickets I had booked well in advance.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2016, 09:56 PM
Anyone driving up on Saturday?

HH81
27-01-2016, 10:02 PM

Me.... Least I think I am. As your in hospitality pm me details of when you need to be in Edinburgh for etc, also you ok from that services nr preston for pick up?

Or Preston train station...

Cheshire Hibby
27-01-2016, 10:16 PM

Sorry Blackpool and HH81, now going on Friday and back on Sunday. Only just confirmed. Hope you get it sorted between you both. Ticket in Gorgie Stand.

the pie eater
27-01-2016, 10:30 PM
I am letting the train take the strain. Leaving wigan at 06.43 arrive Edinburgh around 10.30 ish. Bck on the sund.I've not found it that bad. Nice boozer at Lockerbie for a pint or two. B4 getting train back to wigan as the bus normally gets in 40mins before trian departs.well it did last sund.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-01-2016, 10:51 PM

Does this only apply to tickets purchased before the viaduct incident?

the pie eater
27-01-2016, 11:15 PM
Not 100 percent sure.though I would think so as when you buy now u know it's train/bus. What I did find out last sat is that transpennine and virgin had agreement that you could use transp tcks on virgin trains and virgin on transp.you cannie anymore as virgin broke the agreement. I went up on transp last wk and they told anyone who had virgin train tickets they had to get off and wait for a virgin train. Asked the train manager why as the previous wk I travelled on virgin tckts on transp. He advised as above. Got virgin tckts for this wkend refunded on tues and bought transp ones as they run trains to Lockerbie. Only cost £24 return.only £2 more than my virgin pre booked tkts.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-01-2016, 11:28 PM
OK, cheers for that.