PDA

View Full Version : Attendance for Saturday?

California-Hibs
31-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Should see it a bit higher with this being the first game for the Half Season Tickets. Anyone know a rough figure of how many were sold?

Billy Whizz
31-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Raith have sold out their initial allocation, don't know how many that was. Tickets on the door for their fans.
Would expect a decent crowd heading towards 11,000 to 12,000

Sir David Gray
31-12-2015, 04:16 PM
Hopefully over 10,000.

Ozyhibby
31-12-2015, 05:01 PM
Anything over 10,000 would be progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-12-2015, 05:04 PM
It will be bigger than any team in SPL, out with Celtc, Aberdeen and Hearts, will get for a home game this season.

erin go bragh
31-12-2015, 05:18 PM
Sure we had just under 15k the last time we played Raith[Was either Boxing day or new year] on our way to winning this league in 98/99 . I can see maybe 12 to 13 k on Sat .

Billy Whizz
31-12-2015, 05:37 PM
Sure we had just under 15k the last time we played Raith[Was either Boxing day or new year] on our way to winning this league in 98/99 . I can see maybe 12 to 13 k on Sat .

Hartley scored in the 1st minute if my memory is good!

Ozyhibby
31-12-2015, 05:41 PM
No chance there will be 12k there.

LancsHibs
31-12-2015, 05:44 PM
I'll be there +1😊

Ronniekirk
31-12-2015, 05:48 PM

Not when you factor in Hangovers and I for one won't be risking driving .Thats my excuse in early .Although may get the Train through ,but will make decision on Saturday morning

brog
31-12-2015, 05:52 PM

I would expect at least 12k there normally but I believe the weather forecast is poor. As usual Scottish football has missed a trick by not playing additional games over the holiday period, with the exception of top division. Ah well, it's not like Scottish footy needs the extra revenue!

cabbageandribs1875
31-12-2015, 05:52 PM
12k+ me thinks :flag:

Scouse Hibee
31-12-2015, 05:59 PM
I'll be there +1😊

Hope you're driving :-)

erin go bragh
31-12-2015, 05:59 PM

We won 5-1 but can't remember if the above scored .

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
31-12-2015, 06:09 PM

We did score in the first minute but it was scored by Stuart Lovell.

Alfred E Newman
31-12-2015, 06:13 PM
If we had won or drawn on Monday I think we could have seen 13 or 14000 there but the poor result has opened the door to the usual negativity and now I would think we will be lucky to get 11000.

Billy Whizz
31-12-2015, 06:17 PM

Must be thinking of a different game

emerald green
31-12-2015, 06:37 PM
If we had won or drawn on Monday I think we could have seen 13 or 14000 there but the poor result has opened the door to the usual negativity and now I would think we will be lucky to get 11000.

:agree: If Hibs were going into Saturday's match as league leaders, with the associated feelgood factor that would have brought, it would definitely have boosted the attendance significantly.

danhibees1875
31-12-2015, 06:56 PM

Would be surprised if it was any more.

Lancs Harp
01-01-2016, 12:11 AM
I reckon about 10,000

I would imagine most new half season ticket holders are already regular/semi regular attendees anyway so wont impact attendances in any great way.

Happy New Year all, hope Edinburgh on Saturday will be drier than Lancashire as been recently!

HH81
01-01-2016, 07:08 AM
Not going to this as working but safe trip to all and hopefully a Hibs win.

Steve-O
01-01-2016, 07:13 AM
Must be thinking of a different game

He might've assisted an OG IIRC?

Libby Hibby
01-01-2016, 07:21 AM

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-01-2016, 08:23 AM
Doesnae look too promising for anyone planning to come up by train on the WCML, Service knackered due to structural damage to a viaduct.

Pretty Boy
01-01-2016, 08:25 AM
We won 5-1 but can't remember if the above scored .

GGTTH

So we beat Raith 5-1 but we're playing them again tomorrow? How does that work? Surely they were killed as a club there and then?

Lancs Harp
01-01-2016, 08:55 AM
Doesnae look too promising for anyone planning to come up by train on the WCML, Service knackered due to structural damage to a viaduct.

According to national rail enquiries it says major disruption due to safety checks until the end of service which I presume means last train today? Fingers crossed all will be ok as I booked on!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-01-2016, 09:12 AM
According to national rail enquiries it says major disruption due to safety checks until the end of service which I presume means last train today? Fingers crossed all will be ok as I booked on!!

Hope so, good luck!

B.H.F.C
01-01-2016, 09:19 AM
10k at a push unfortunately.

LancsHibs
01-01-2016, 09:29 AM

It was a nightmares coming up by train yesterday, booked on a train from Preston, got there and was cancelled and had to get train to York and then up the east coast, took 6 hours!! Assume it will be a bus back tomorrow?? Anybody coming up by train on the west coast mainline needs to check arrangements before travel and allow lots of time to make the KO!

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-01-2016, 10:16 AM
Just need to sit in The Railway Hotel and enjoy the Northern Soul tunes instead! :-)

Hibby Bairn
01-01-2016, 10:32 AM
I wonder how many lapsed supporters even know who Hibs are playing tomorrow? I think you'd be surprised at how high a number it might be.

I don't think Hibs are doing enough to get them back (off the field).

JimBHibees
01-01-2016, 10:38 AM
I wonder how many lapsed supporters even know who Hibs are playing tomorrow? I think you'd be surprised at how high a number it might be.

Really :confused: bar personally chauffeuring individual fans to games not sure what else can be done

Stuarty27
01-01-2016, 10:57 AM
I've passed caring what the crowd will be.

Personally this has been the most enjoyable season at Easter Road for years and I'd much rather support it with the folk that have been going. Queen of the South game was prime example.

marinello59
01-01-2016, 10:59 AM

So you reckon their are hordes of Hibs fans who know nothing of the traditional festive fixtures?

Hibby Bairn
01-01-2016, 11:01 AM
Really :confused: bar personally chauffeuring individual fans to games not sure what else can be done

If you have lost the habit of going and taking generally less interest then it is easy not to know a game is on and/or who Hibs are playing. Whilst I'm at it what about all the visitors to Edinburgh right now. How many of them will be enticed to the game? How many will even know about it?

Hibby Bairn
01-01-2016, 11:02 AM
So you reckon their are hordes of Hibs fans who know nothing of the traditional festive fixtures?

Yes. And even if they do can they be enticed back to see what is on offer?

marinello59
01-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Yes. And even if they do can they be enticed back to see what is on offer?

I think the club had addressed most if not all of the reasons that people give on here for not going. If people still want to be ''enticed'' then I don't see what more the club can do.. Those of us who do go are having a pretty good time at games this season. It's the stayaway fans loss.

the pie eater
01-01-2016, 11:42 AM
I'll be there +1

At present trains are screwed up between Carlisle and Edinburgh.

No bus replacement service being offered.

Not sure if this will be the same 2moz or not.

Emergency work on some bridge between Carlisle and Edinburgh.

I am booked on the 09.38 from Wigan.

Will be keeping an eye on the virgin train updates to see if I go or not.

marinello59
01-01-2016, 11:50 AM
If you have lost the habit of going and taking generally less interest then it is easy not to know a game is on and/or who Hibs are playing. Whilst I'm at it what about all the visitors to Edinburgh right now. How many of them will be enticed to the game? How many will even know about it?

Any match going football fans I know always check out whether the local team is playing when they travel anywhere. Just as any Scottish football fan knows their team will be playing over the festive break.

Alfred E Newman
01-01-2016, 11:53 AM

Any Hibs supporter who doesn't know we have a game tomorrow is a lost cause.

Hibby Bairn
01-01-2016, 11:55 AM
I think the club had addressed most if not all of the reasons that people give on here for not going. If people still want to be ''enticed'' then I don't see what more the club can do.. Those of us who do go are having a pretty good time at games this season. It's the stayaway fans loss.

Could they not, for example, offered free entry to all fans on the database from past 2/3 seasons but who have to say 2 or less games this year as a one off New Year Party/ First Foot promotion?

Sounds like we'll have 10,000 empty seats anyway. Get them back into the habit.

Hibby Bairn
01-01-2016, 11:56 AM

You don't really believe that. These are the fans currently disguised as 10,000 green empty seats.

NAE NOOKIE
01-01-2016, 12:16 PM

Eh?

Real Emerald
01-01-2016, 12:28 PM

I'm a ST holder and didn't know who they were playing. I turn up each week to watch yet another Championship team put 10 men behind the ball. It rarely matters who they are, with the odd exception.

SausageSurprise
01-01-2016, 12:30 PM

Hartley took the shot for the fourth iirc and went in as an OG

marinello59
01-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Could they not, for example, offered free entry to all fans on the database from past 2/3 seasons but who have to say 2 or less games this year as a one off New Year Party/ First Foot promotion?

Sounds like we'll have 10,000 empty seats anyway. Get them back into the habit.

Ah...free stuff. That always seems to be the answer. Only it isn't.

Ronniekirk
01-01-2016, 12:38 PM

But the stay away fans are the clubs financial loss ,so we do need to keep trying ways to entice people back Every little helps ,but tomorrow's crowd will be an indicator of whether a game during the holiday period ,with people returning To Scotland for Hogmanay can still lead to a larger than average crowd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Onceinawhile
01-01-2016, 12:50 PM
I'll be there. So plus 1

Ringothedog
01-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Ah...free stuff. That always seems to be the answer. Only it isn't.

Reduced prices or free admission is obviously the way forward. I see that all clubs who are getting smaller attendances than us are doing it. And to survive going forward all we need to do is use the HSL money to survive as a club.

bobbyhibs1983
01-01-2016, 03:14 PM

guess i ll have to put myself in the lost cause catetgory then, as upto today , and for reason unrealated to drink or reason only know god knows why, I thought we were playing on sunday !:greengrin

On a side note and no offence to the OP but why oh why is there often threads in regards attendances?
It is what it is Imo

Billy Whizz
01-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Any idea how many half season tickets we have sold? Must be a few which will add to tomorrow's gate

Dublin07
01-01-2016, 03:38 PM
You don't really believe that. These are the fans currently disguised as 10,000 green empty seats.

We have not had 20k hibs fans at Easter road for decades. Now that we have a bigger stadium it just looks worse. I have been going for 37 years and crowds have averaged 8-12k in that time. Prices should be lower but there are just more things do to these days that don't involve sitting in Baltic conditions watching your opponents stuck 11 men behind the ball and waste time for 90 minutes.
I should add that in my opinion hibs are a joy to watch at times this season and I will be there with my boys tomorrow.

iwasthere1972
01-01-2016, 03:56 PM
We have not had 20k hibs fans at Easter road for decades. Now that we have a bigger stadium it just looks worse. I have been going for 37 years and crowds have averaged 8-12k in that time. Prices should be lower but there are just more things do to these days that don't involve sitting in Baltic conditions watching your opponents stuck 11 men behind the ball and waste time for 90 minutes.
I should add that in my opinion hibs are a joy to watch at times this season and I will be there with my boys tomorrow.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=85397.

Albanian Hibs
01-01-2016, 04:00 PM

Eh? Yes we have

Hermit Crab
01-01-2016, 04:02 PM
10k home fans plus 6-700 away fans.

Hermit Crab
01-01-2016, 04:04 PM

Go do your research then come back and try again.

Dublin07
01-01-2016, 04:06 PM
http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=85397.

I said 20k hibs fans there was 3800 yams at that game. I was also meaning on a regular basis not the odd game against the jambos or Huns.
I don't know why some on here get so upset by the fact we have about 10k regular fans and up to 40k for finals. I was just stating a fact not slating us as fans.

Dublin07
01-01-2016, 04:08 PM
Go do your research then come back and try again.

When was the last time there was 20k hibs fans at Easter road then? Our stadium only held 17k for most of the last 25 years.

Hermit Crab
01-01-2016, 04:10 PM
I said 20k hibs fans there was 3800 yams at that game. I was also meaning on a regular basis not the odd game against the jambos or Huns.
I don't know why some on here get so upset by the fact we have about 10k regular fans and up to 40k for finals. I was just stating a fact not slating us as fans.

Your point is invalid then because it has been physically impossible to fit 20k hibs fans in the ground for years. We have had attendances of between 17-20k in recent years.

Hermit Crab
01-01-2016, 04:11 PM
When was the last time there was 20k hibs fans at Easter road then? Our stadium only held 17k for most of the last 25 years.

You're asking for the impossible...........:rolleyes:

Dublin07
01-01-2016, 04:20 PM
You're asking for the impossible...........:rolleyes:

Tory hibby was moaning we should be filling the 10k empty seats for championship games. There are normally about 200 away fans so expected us to have 20k hibs fans. I was simply stating we have not had that many fans at home for decades which is a fact don't know why it has wound you up so much.
I think the fans have been brilliant this season and the crowds are decent for the league we are in and prices. Some people compare us to Rangers and hearts and think we should match them all the time. I only care about hibs and our fans. Happy new year mate going to feed my hangover now.

Ozyhibby
01-01-2016, 04:25 PM
With Petrie still in charge it's hard to convince stay away fans that things really have changed.
Until he has gone the club will never be able to say they have done everything they can to get fans back.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2016, 04:35 PM
With Petrie still in charge it's hard to convince stay away fans that things really have changed.
Until he has gone the club will never be able to say they have done everything they can to get fans back.

:faf: :faf: :faf:

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Your point is invalid then because it has been physically impossible to fit 20k hibs fans in the ground for years. We have had attendances of between 17-20k in recent years.

We need a ground like Tardiscastle then. That looks like it holds about 17k from the outside,but the inside regularly holds 400,000

Ozyhibby
01-01-2016, 04:55 PM
:faf: :faf: :faf:

Good point, well made.
Maybe one day you could offer a reason that you think crowds are so low? Or is it all our imagination?

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2016, 04:58 PM
Good point, well made.
Maybe one day you could offer a reason that you think crowds are so low? Or is it all our imagination?

If you really believe RP is still in charge, then you are doing a massive disservice to LD.............

Alfred E Newman
01-01-2016, 05:05 PM
Good point, well made.

The point has been made 100 times. What you are saying is utter nonsense.

Ozyhibby
01-01-2016, 05:12 PM
If you really believe RP is still in charge, then you are doing a massive disservice to LD.............

He is the chairman of the club. Leanne Dempster reports to him. He is her boss.
She has some autonomy but not total autonomy. They often disagree on the way to proceed and she does not always prevail.
To say he is not in charge does a great disservice to common sense.

Ozyhibby
01-01-2016, 05:17 PM
The point has been made 100 times. What you are saying is utter nonsense.

What point? What am I saying?

CropleyWasGod
01-01-2016, 05:18 PM
She has some autonomy but not total autonomy. They often disagree on the way to proceed and she does not always prevail.

He's non - executive chair, which means he has no duties in the running of the club.

LD is answerable to the Board, of whom he is one.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

HibbyAndy
01-01-2016, 05:18 PM
12K plus.

superfurryhibby
01-01-2016, 05:21 PM
46 quid for me and two bairns to watch a Scottish second tier game is not right. With that in mind, we'll be going bowling.

I know that there are people who argue that this is economic necessity, that's as maybe but for me it's just too much. I suspect there are many who feel the same way.

10,000 would seem a decent crowd to me, given the opposition, the result at Ibrox and the time of year.

ALF TUPPER
01-01-2016, 05:37 PM

Serious ?

Ronniekirk
01-01-2016, 05:46 PM

Give us a few examples of what issues she has prevailed on , Signings apart which will be partly down to finances and what we can afford .

Alfred E Newman
01-01-2016, 05:48 PM
What point? What am I saying?

The point that has been argued to death.
You appear to be suggesting that thousands of people, I will call them people not fans, stay away from Easter Road because they don't like Petrie and would all flood back if he left.
This is churned out so many times and it is just a fallacy . Anyone citing this as a reason for not going is really screwed up and can't really call themselves a Hibs supporter in my eyes.
You also ask why our crowds are so low yet we are still 5th best supported club in Scotland even if we are in the lower leagues.
Our crowds could be better but not much given our situation and it is our current predicament that affects the attendances not Petrie.

Ronniekirk
01-01-2016, 05:55 PM
Serious ?

Even when I could not afford to go to games like when I was a student or the kids were small and interest rates 15 % I always looked out for Hibs score and Can't imagine being a lapsed fan to the point I didn't know who we were playing or what the score was . I Remember phoning my mum often from abroad asking her what the Hibs score was .The only surprise for her was that she didn't know I was abroad :agree: but I think Tory Hibby is being serious Alf
Oh and happy X mass and New Year my phones goosed

Thecat23
01-01-2016, 05:59 PM

Ozyhibby
01-01-2016, 06:01 PM
He's non - executive chair, which means he has no duties in the running of the club.

LD is answerable to the Board, of whom he is one.

That is legally how it works but I'm sure you are aware that the reality can be very different in many companies.

Ozyhibby
01-01-2016, 06:07 PM
The point that has been argued to death.
You appear to be suggesting that thousands of people, I will call them people not fans, stay away from Easter Road because they don't like Petrie and would all flood back if he left.
This is churned out so many times and it is just a fallacy . Anyone citing this as a reason for not going is really screwed up and can't really call themselves a Hibs supporter in my eyes.
You also ask why our crowds are so low yet we are still 5th best supported club in Scotland even if we are in the lower leagues.
Our crowds could be better but not much given our situation and it is our current predicament that affects the attendances not Petrie.

I'm def not claiming thousands will come back if Petrie leaves. It will take a great deal of time to repair relations with the fans.
You are correct, it is our predicament that affects attendances as much as anything else and the man responsible for that predicament is still in post.

marinello59
01-01-2016, 06:10 PM
That is legally how it works but I'm sure you are aware that the reality can be very different in many companies.

I don't know one fan who is not going back because of Petrie. Not one. I know several who said they wouldn't go back whilst he remained in position but they have. Kano made a point of asking people to continue going to games at the height of the anti -Petrie protests. Some of the fiercest critics of Petrie and Farmer on twitter/facebook attend virtually every game.
So who are this vast army of people not attending because of Petrie? It's all in your mind. Your attempts to use the events at Ibrox to have another dig at the board and Petrie in particular does you no favours. Time to stop beating that drum surely, saying the same things over and over again doesn't make it true.

CropleyWasGod
01-01-2016, 06:18 PM

Is it true in Hibs' case, though?

marinello59
01-01-2016, 06:57 PM
Is it true in Hibs' case, though?

Talk about a conversation killer. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
01-01-2016, 07:36 PM
Talk about a conversation killer. :greengrin
My farts are like that.

Hibby Bairn
01-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Even when I could not afford to go to games like when I was a student or the kids were small and interest rates 15 % I always looked out for Hibs score and Can't imagine being a lapsed fan to the point I didn't know who we were playing or what the score was . I Remember phoning my mum often from abroad asking her what the Hibs score was .The only surprise for her was that she didn't know I was abroad :agree: but I think Tory Hibby is being serious Alf

As I said, I think you would be surprised.

Anyway. We look like we will have circa 10,000 empty seats tomorrow for a 3pm Saturday game at New Year. So how do we get these seats filled? Say to even 15,000?

Steve-O
01-01-2016, 09:26 PM

Anyway. We look like we will have circa 10,000 empty seats tomorrow for a 3pm Saturday game at New Year. So how do we get these seats filled? Say to even 15,000?

As mentioned above, £46 for 1 adult and 2 kids for Hibs v Raith is not really how you get the fans packed in to the rafters.

marinello59
01-01-2016, 09:30 PM
As mentioned above, £46 for 1 adult and 2 kids for Hibs v Raith is not really how you get the fans packed in to the rafters.

So totally ignore the ST pricing for families and pander to the very few fans who might just pitch up at a discount. Maybe Hibs should just let people in for free and attract new players from the profits sold by selling extra crisps. It's a winner.

Ronniekirk
01-01-2016, 09:37 PM

I have no idea now what it would take .So tomorrow's crowd will be interesting ,but if we get nearly 11 ,000 we will be doing well .
Cup games against teams in the league above us show that we can pull in more fans than we currently do for league games ( seemingly no matter how well we are doing ) so promotion with the right manager will see an immediate increase but probably not to 15 ,000 that would take us to be in the top four and getting to later stages of cups regularly I think .
In the short term , now half season tickets have been sold ,the only thing I can think of is target two home games in a row and give walk up fans a reduced package to buy tickets for both .
I know some folk wouldn't be happy with that but it would be a potential indicator of take up and would allow club to re-establish contact with some fans that might be persuaded at some point to return more regularly But we we would probably need to go on another run of unbeaten games as well .
Don't know what the fans reps view is as would imagine this topic must exercise the boards mind regularly and am sure they will be disappointed we have not managed larger crowds ,given what they have done in Transforming the Club .
Had we somehow stayed up and made the changes we have made ,we would have had bigger crowds and bigger income and better quality of player , but we didn't and we are where we are

Northernhibee
01-01-2016, 09:43 PM

ALF TUPPER
01-01-2016, 09:50 PM

😂 Happy Xmas and good New Year to you too Ronnie. 👍🏻
Not so good about the phone being knackered. Going shopping then mate.

Ronniekirk
01-01-2016, 10:04 PM
[emoji23] Happy Xmas and good New Year to you too Ronnie. [emoji106]🏻
Not so good about the phone being knackered. Going shopping then mate.

My daughter got a new one so I will get her old one Just waiting on a SIM card to pop through the post so I can keep same number
Will square you up for the Morton ticket at cup game via Raith .
Although by the time it's reorganised that jacket I bought may be redundant as it will be warmer weather http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/01/ca46b825e7beb1b8a12920183ef95dde.jpg ( am factoring in global warming )

ALF TUPPER
01-01-2016, 10:34 PM
No problem Ronnie . I had forgotten about the Morton game. No rush. We'll catch up at some point.

I fancy the Hibees to come out fighting tomorrow. 👍🏻

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-01-2016, 11:20 PM
My daughter got a new one so I will get her old one Just waiting on a SIM card to pop through the post so I can keep same number
Will square you up for the Morton ticket at cup game via Raith .
Although by the time it's reorganised that jacket I bought may be redundant as it will be warmer weather http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/01/ca46b825e7beb1b8a12920183ef95dde.jpg ( am factoring in global warming )

Too much info

Ronniekirk
01-01-2016, 11:28 PM
Too much info

Global warming is in the news it's a hot topic

HFC 0-7
02-01-2016, 12:51 AM
So totally ignore the ST pricing for families and pander to the very few fans who might just pitch up at a discount. Maybe Hibs should just let people in for free and attract new players from the profits sold by selling extra crisps. It's a winner.

Dont think anyone is ignoring it but with existing commitments people have with work, kids hobbies etc on weekends season tickets are not really an option. What you are saying is that it's a case of buy a season ticket or pay over the odds. How do people get back into going to the games then? They need to attend a few games as walk ups, get hooked, then maybe buy the season ticket. There are good family season ticket prices but not where people want them, why not open it up to all stands? There are definitely things that can be done with pricing to entice people back.

seanshow
02-01-2016, 12:53 AM
I know we only count the match attendance at the gate, unlike some other clubs....but the interactive seating plan looks really promising for ticket sales atm :thumbsup: come back fellow hibees!

monktonharp
02-01-2016, 01:14 AM
I have no idea now what it would take .So tomorrow's crowd will be interesting ,but if we get nearly 11 ,000 we will be doing well .
Cup games against teams in the league above us show that we can pull in more fans than we currently do for league games ( seemingly no matter how well we are doing ) so promotion with the right manager will see an immediate increase but probably not to 15 ,000 that would take us to be in the top four and getting to later stages of cups regularly I think .
In the short term , now half season tickets have been sold ,the only thing I can think of is target two home games in a row and give walk up fans a reduced package to buy tickets for both .
I know some folk wouldn't be happy with that but it would be a potential indicator of take up and would allow club to re-establish contact with some fans that might be persuaded at some point to return more regularly But we we would probably need to go on another run of unbeaten games as well .
Don't know what the fans reps view is as would imagine this topic must exercise the boards mind regularly and am sure they will be disappointed we have not managed larger crowds ,given what they have done in Transforming the Club .
Had we somehow stayed up and made the changes we have made ,we would have had bigger crowds and bigger income and better quality of player , but we didn't and we are where we ar

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkWe've been in semis and finals for years and a lot in the fairly recent past. promotion will add a couple of thoudand,at least initially. the derby and Glasgow teams numbers look after themselves

1875STEVE
02-01-2016, 02:04 AM
46 quid for me and two bairns to watch a Scottish second tier game is not right. With that in mind, we'll be going bowling.

I know that there are people who argue that this is economic necessity, that's as maybe but for me it's just too much. I suspect there are many who feel the same way.

10,000 would seem a decent crowd to me, given the opposition, the result at Ibrox and the time of year.

Well don't expect to save much.

For myself and my 6-year-old, for an hour's bowling, was £27 at the corn exchange on Sunday last week.

Add in a couple of drinks in the place at £2 a pop, then some lunch, it was over £50. :rolleyes:

Pete
02-01-2016, 02:18 AM
I know we only count the match attendance at the gate, unlike some other clubs....but the interactive seating plan looks really promising for ticket sales atm :thumbsup: come back fellow hibees!

:agree:

Looking at about 12k I think.

marinello59
02-01-2016, 04:30 AM
Dont think anyone is ignoring it but with existing commitments people have with work, kids hobbies etc on weekends season tickets are not really an option. What you are saying is that it's a case of buy a season ticket or pay over the odds. How do people get back into going to the games then? They need to attend a few games as walk ups, get hooked, then maybe buy the season ticket. There are good family season ticket prices but not where people want them, why not open it up to all stands? There are definitely things that can be done with pricing to entice people back.

What about the club doing a membership for kids that cost £15 but included entry to five games during the season?

Onion
02-01-2016, 07:03 AM
Any threat to the game today from weather ?

Billy Whizz
02-01-2016, 07:38 AM

Wouldn't have thought so, dry just now and no rain forecast before the game

Albanian Hibs
02-01-2016, 08:15 AM

Think you may spend more than that at the bowling. Nothing is a cheap day out these days.

Lucius Apuleius
02-01-2016, 08:16 AM
Unfortunately won't be there I don't think (no final decision yet). We are playing Raith Rovers (or is that next week?). And Oz, eff all to do with Petrie.�XT week?)

Onceinawhile
02-01-2016, 08:19 AM
What about the club doing a membership for kids that cost £15 but included entry to five games during the season?

That would be a good idea. And since its for children it could be called, kids Hibs or something? Someone tell the board.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2016, 08:20 AM

You're wasting you time. I've argued the point on here a hundred times about how good some of the deals for kids are that are on offer. For some it's simply cheap walk up pricing or nothing. When you point out the number of attendees required to make up the monetary losses and the risks involved if after 5/6 weeks it doesn't work, not to mention the fact it would also piss off those who have committed to buying an ST in spite of the division, price, weather, pies, programmes, Petrie still being around, colour of seats etc you are essnetially ignored or the answer is 'it might work'.

The fact is youcan get to a game with a child for a reasonable price at the minute and people aren't biting so the idea that lowering the price to £5 a game (still more expensive than the membership of FF ST) is going to have thousands flocking back seems wishful thinking to me.

For me Hibs should be focussing their attention on the fans we currently have and consolidating that fan base as well as trying to tempt back the lapsed fans who actually want to come back (far less than some seem to believe imo). Those who always have an excuse and quickly move on to the next one shouldn't be pandered to.

Brightside
02-01-2016, 08:28 AM
Some people would rather go bowling than go to football now. Its unfortunate but its now a problem for all clubs. If it was a fiver for everyone to get in we still would struggle to get 10k.

Golden Bear
02-01-2016, 08:37 AM
I think we could be pleasantly surprised at today's attendance. There will be still be a lot of people in the City who have returned home
to family and friends for the duration of the festivities.

Ronniekirk
02-01-2016, 08:51 AM

Can't see their being any chance of it being off Yes it's to be raining in the afternoon but it's not like torrential rain or flooding is forecast .

HFC 0-7
02-01-2016, 08:53 AM

Its still set games, I am not saying that there aren't things out there. I am saying more could be done. If someone woke up this morning and had their kids shouting at them to go to the game £46ish is a bit steep IMO for enticing someone back. The offers around at the moment are geared for someone deciding to go back to many games, not just a spur of the moment thing. The kids season ticket in the FF is great value for money, but only if you want to sit in the FF. I know someone that would love to come back to the games and sit with his mates in the east but would have to have his 3 kids as well.

HFC 0-7
02-01-2016, 08:57 AM
You're wasting you time. I've argued the point on here a hundred times about how good some of the deals for kids are that are on offer. For some it's simply cheap walk up pricing or nothing. When you point out the number of attendees required to make up the monetary losses and the risks involved if after 5/6 weeks it doesn't work, not to mention the fact it would also piss off those who have committed to buying an ST in spite of the division, price, weather, pies, programmes, Petrie still being around, colour of seats etc you are essnetially ignored or the answer is 'it might work'.

The fact is youcan get to a game with a child for a reasonable price at the minute and people aren't biting so the idea that lowering the price to £5 a game (still more expensive than the membership of FF ST) is going to have thousands flocking back seems wishful thinking to me.

For me Hibs should be focussing their attention on the fans we currently have and consolidating that fan base as well as trying to tempt back the lapsed fans who actually want to come back (far less than some seem to believe imo). Those who always have an excuse and quickly move on to the next one shouldn't be pandered to.

he isn't wasting his time. I am not disagreeing that there are good deals out there. I am saying that it doesn't cater for everyone. All I am saying is that I think more could be done. There is definitely a gap in there that could be filled, price the kids season ticket the same through the whole stadium and price it better for walk ups that are attending their first or second game back in a long time.

Onion
02-01-2016, 08:59 AM

Agree with that, but Hibs have historically been very poor at dealing with both groups. When I chose not to renew my ST couple of years back (first time in 20 years), I didn't get one email from Hibs with any encouragement or incentive to return.

Apart from accruing points to purchase tickets, what other "loyalty" perks do Hibs give ST holders or regulars ? Serious question. Do those who have most points get any special offers, rewards, recognition or even a Xmas Card from Hibs. I really don't know, but they absolutely should ! Appreciate Hibs' customers are not going to change teams, but how difficult would it be for them to be a little more customer focused to reward, retain and tempt back lost souls ? In marketing term, Hibs are still in the dark ages.

monktonharp
02-01-2016, 08:59 AM
I think we could be pleasantly surprised at today's attendance. There will be still be a lot of people in the City who have returned home
to family and friends for the duration of the festivities.
plus, it's a lot easier to make a late decision to go with a crowd of you, if you are still half pissed:greengrin unfortunately I am missing a few games just now, in recovery mode from a surgeon's blade.:ill:

Allant1981
02-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Going to games is a hard one for me now, my wee boy is not in to football and my mrs isnt either, so do i head out half the day and miss out on family time or go watch hibs. Family wins 99% of the time so its a game as and when, wouldnt matter how many deals they put in place. Midweek night games are the way forward!!!

J-C
02-01-2016, 09:03 AM
Unfortunately I can't make it, the wife's birthday today and going for a meal tonight, which means I'm working a dayshift.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2016, 09:10 AM
Agree with that, but Hibs have historically been very poor at dealing with both groups. When I chose not to renew my ST couple of years back (first time in 20 years), I didn't get one email from Hibs with any encouragement or incentive to return.

Apart from accruing points to purchase tickets, what other "loyalty" perks do Hibs give ST holders or regulars ? Serious question. Do those who have most points get any special offers, rewards, recognition or even a Xmas Card from Hibs. I really don't know, but they absolutely should ! Appreciate Hibs' customers are not going to change teams, but how difficult would it be for them to be a little more customer focused to reward, retain and tempt back lost souls ? In marketing term, Hibs are still in the dark ages.

Whe my Mum decided not to renew a couple of seasons back she got several phone calls from a group of volunteers, think it was a working together scheme in association with the club, asking her back. In the end she changed her mind and bought a ST. Likewise due to his health my Grandad gave up his ST a few years back but still gets all the marketing sent out every year same as myself. It's not a lot but it's not nothing either, maybe some people have just slipped through the net? If that is the case it's poor and needs looked at.

I take on board your point about additional perks but for me my ST is about getting to football matches at ER and pretty much guaranteeing me a ticket for a big away or cup game. I'm not really interested in anything else so there are probably better people than me to suggest additional perks.

superfurryhibby
02-01-2016, 09:47 AM
Think you may spend more than that at the bowling. Nothing is a cheap day out these days.

Bowling us booked at 25quid per hour, three adults and two bairns. We have two hours planned and including some scran it will still be less than going to ER.

My laddies are visiting from Spain. They are not over often enough to consider buying at season ticket and I just feel that my original statement of 46 quid is way too pricey to attend game in the second tier of Scottish football is a valid criticism.

I believe that price is a deterrent for some. Not sure how this is overcome but there is clearly an issue with a stadium that sits more than half empty for most games.

hibee_nation
02-01-2016, 09:55 AM
Bowling us booked at 25quid per hour, three adults and two bairns. We have two hours planned and including some scran it will still be less than going to ER.

My laddies are visiting from Spain. They are not over often enough to consider buying at season ticket and I just feel that my original statement of 46 quid is way too pricey to attend game in the second tier of Scottish football is a valid criticism.

I believe that price is a deterrent for some. Not sure how this is overcome but there is clearly an issue with a stadium that sits more than half empty for most games.

So at what price would you be at ER instead of bowling

green day
02-01-2016, 10:02 AM
Whe my Mum decided not to renew a couple of seasons back she got several phone calls from a group of volunteers, think it was a working together scheme in association with the club, asking her back. In the end she changed her mind and bought a ST. Likewise due to his health my Grandad gave up his ST a few years back but still gets all the marketing sent out every year same as myself. It's not a lot but it's not nothing either, maybe some people have just slipped through the net? If that is the case it's poor and needs looked at.

I take on board your point about additional perks but for me my ST is about getting to football matches at ER and pretty much guaranteeing me a ticket for a big away or cup game. I'm not really interested in anything else so there are probably better people than me to suggest additional perks.

They are a million times better than they used to be.

Son gets his Hibs Kids stuff (which he loves, although he is not that keen on the football and doesnt go any more)

Although I bought a season ticket this year for son as an "experiment", he wont get one next year (see above), but i fully expect to get multi calls asking to renew.

Same will happen with my dad, although - due to health issues - he definitely wont be renewing next year.

Stuarty27
02-01-2016, 10:03 AM

Maybe you used register on a bowling website and tell them your on your way :)

Bowling or Football on a Saturday. If that ever becomes a dilemma for me, please shoot me

lord bunberry
02-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Maybe you used register on a bowling website and tell them your on your way :)

Bowling or Football on a Saturday. If that ever becomes a dilemma for me, please shoot me
Can I also be shot. Bowling or hibs isn't a decision I will ever have to make.

jabis
02-01-2016, 10:09 AM
What time does the ticket office open today?

bobbyhibs1983
02-01-2016, 10:14 AM

THis is similar to our situation.I used to go with my brother and 2 sisters and well they stoped going 3 years ago, and i stoped for a season and well when we got releated i bought another ST and got bored going on my own,a few people i knew went there was no seats near them, so i gave my ST up last season and like you, have NOT recieved any emails or phone calls since.I see pretty boy s mother got a phone call(s) so maybe its just a hit -n -miss thing? or prehaps hibs are wanting families rather than single people prehaps?

Its a bit tricky i think what hibs can do,I recall making a few surggestions in a post similar to what hibs could do. from the top of my head

if you buy a st-half st the next time you can buy either you get aa 5% discount and the next year and so forth
if you buy a st/half season ticket you are able to get one drink-one item from the stalls for free per game?
if you buy a st'half season ticket and a friend,love one-family memeber buys the same you both get x amount off(not sure what figure that could be, maybe £10 each?)

I conmend schemes which have been aimed at families and im unsure if im getitng old, moody or whatever other reason, but i sometimes look at the deals families get and think, wait i do not have kids, i guess hibs dont want me back, i ll quickly move along

Hermit Crab
02-01-2016, 10:19 AM
Unfortunately I can't make it, the wife's birthday today and going for a meal tonight, which means I'm working a dayshift.

All that triple time on new years eve paying for it?? :greengrin

Hermit Crab
02-01-2016, 10:21 AM
What time does the ticket office open today?

It's been open since 10am as per press releases...

Albanian Hibs
02-01-2016, 10:23 AM

If I was over from Spain there would be only one place I would want to be and it wouldn't be the bowling.

jabis
02-01-2016, 10:33 AM

Cheers,looked up the website but my kindle isn't compatible.

superfurryhibby
02-01-2016, 10:50 AM
So at what price would you be at ER instead of bowling

Perhaps less than 46 quid? Free under 12's to the South upper or something like that?

Yes, I suppose there are other priorities in life and money is tight for us.

What's your solution to the question I posed, the one about a stadium that is less than half empty for nearly every home game then or is that the end of the discussion for people. Talk about elephants in the room etc.

Pete
02-01-2016, 10:56 AM
It's kind of backs to the wall now and we need every penny we can get while we're down here. The time for deals is probably when we're back in the top flight and we can maybe take a bit of a gamble and have the wriggle room to experiment a bit.

Enjoy the skittles :greengrin

marinello59
02-01-2016, 11:01 AM
Perhaps less than 46 quid? Free under 12's to the South upper or something like that?

What's your solution to the question I posed, the one about a stadium that is less than half empty for nearly every home game then or is that the end of the discussion for people. Talk about elephants in the room etc.

We need to sell the seats we have as profitably as possible in order to pay for the team we want. That does not mean we have to sell every seat.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2016, 11:03 AM

What's your solution to the reaction of those who have already shelled out for a kids ST when we start letting under 12s in free to appease some?

Or how do we make up the loss of income if we let all under 12s in free from now on?

hibee_nation
02-01-2016, 11:03 AM

Kids should get in free in my book and try and get them hooked on going to ER

J-C
02-01-2016, 11:06 AM
All that triple time on new years eve paying for it?? :greengrin

Triple hah I wish, time and three quarters, we got a voucher for the Cloud and Soil restaurant in Picardy Pl, got a table for 8pm and was able to swap my shift today, first home game missed.

superfurryhibby
02-01-2016, 11:11 AM
What's your solution to the reaction of those who have already shelled out for a kids ST when we start letting under 12s in free to appease some?

Or how do we make up the loss of income if we let all under 12s in free from now on?

Maybe they take a hit for the club? Is that not the new spirit of things these days at ER?

I think there is some room for manoeuvre around this, I suppose there is the bigger picture to consider and capturing the next generation of fans. To me the south upper could be used, it seems a pretty forlorn place at all our games, bar the Hun. I'm sure we could steward access easily enough?

Personally, I've had no issues with the distribution of free tickets at any point in my season ticket buying years, only too glad to see someone benefit who might just return as a paying customer one day.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2016, 11:15 AM
Maybe they take a hit for the club? Is that not the new spirit of things these days at ER?

I think there is some room for manoeuvre around this, I suppose there is the bigger picture to consider and capturing the next generation of fans. To me the south upper could be used, it seems a pretty forlorn place at all our games, bar the Hun. I'm sure we could steward access easily enough?

Personally, I've had no issues with the distribution of free tickets at any point in my season ticket buying years, only too glad to see someone benefit who might just return as a paying customer one day.

So the fans who have stood by the club, continued to pay Premiership prices for a season, signed up early for STs and so on take another 'hit'? Seems fair.

I've no issue with the odd promotion or whatever, every business does it but that's not what your are proposing.

neil7908
02-01-2016, 11:19 AM
I'm bringing along 3 non-football supporting mates to bump up the numbers!

mutley
02-01-2016, 11:25 AM
So the fans who have stood by the club, continued to pay Premiership prices for a season, signed up early for STs and so on take another 'hit'? Seems fair.

I've no issue with the odd promotion or whatever, every business does it but that's not what your are proposing.

That's the way I see it. Every year I buy my ST knowing I'm lucky if I can get to 3/4 of the games, but I know that the club needs the funds as early as possible. That is all pointless if there are going to be "freebies every now and again.

Why don't I give up my ST, become a walk up customer (knowing that it will never sell out so I can buy anytime for any game) and the take a "freebie" when they come along?

The answer is that DOES NOT HELP the club, it hurts it financially. Yes I agree that something has to be done to either get the lapsed fans back AND generate new fans, but by dishing out big discounts/free stuff will only alienate the fans this are doing everything they can to keep our club financially stable through this rough patch of being in the second tier for a second season.

If we fail to get promoted this year, I can only see the situation get worse, as a lot of ST holders will not pay SPL prices for a third term.

GGTTH

Shore Thing
02-01-2016, 11:25 AM
Will the ticket pods be open today?

macca70
02-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Amazing the excuses from folk for not making it along each week but they will be pestering the regular goers to get them tickets for the semi.

J-C
02-01-2016, 11:28 AM

We have kids days to promote the team for the youngsters, you can't just make all games till the end of season kids free. Maybe a future thing would be to bring in a parent and child ticket, which would be at a discounted price.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2016, 11:33 AM
We have kids days to promote the team for the youngsters, you can't just make all games till the end of season kids free. Maybe a future thing would be to bring in a parent and child ticket, which would be at a discounted price.

A parent and child ticket is certainly workable as those ST holders who would be affected are already, potentially, benefitting from 'discounted' pricing.

I'm in no way saying there aren't things to be looked at and I've admitted I'm not the most objective. I'm firmly of the belief those of us who have stayed with the club in a tough time should be taken care of first and foremost. Equally I can't help but think the 'slash the prices' or 'let folk in free' calls are back of a fag packet thinking and equally as lacking in objectivity as my own thoughts. Ultimately everyone is looking for the deal that suits them best, we see it time and again with Hibs fans and in life outside of football.

Shore Thing
02-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Will the ticket pods be open today?

Yes - open from 2pm :thumbsup:

Onion
02-01-2016, 11:36 AM

There's plenty Hibs could do to make their more valuable customers feel special, without spending a fortune or giving up masses of revenue. And the points system means Hibs know precisely who their most valuable customers are. Perception is everything and IMO it wouldn't take much to make those who paid full price to feel extra valued over those who got freebees or promo tickets.

We all want Hibs to prosper and most big enough to accept some relative, short-term inequalities to achieve that. How many Hibs fans buy STs each year knowing that they'll end up missing matches and it costing them more than it would had they just walked up ? I'm one and don't resent it because the club benefits. Would I worry too much about the odd promotion that brought in extra folk ? Not if it resulted in some of these becoming paid customers again and the manager having more funds to improve the team. That only works if the team's doing well and playing decent footie. Paradoxically, that's easier in the 2nd tier than in the Prem, so now would be a good time to try get some of those lost fans back.

Alfred E Newman
02-01-2016, 11:37 AM
Amazing the excuses from folk for not making it along each week but they will be pestering the regular goers to get them tickets for the semi.

Wait for it!! :tin hat:

J-C
02-01-2016, 11:37 AM
A parent and child ticket is certainly workable as those ST holders who would be affected are already, potentially, benefitting from 'discounted' pricing.

I'm in no way saying there aren't things to be looked at and I've admitted I'm not the most objective. I'm firmly of the belief those of us who have stayed with the club in a tough time should be taken care of first and foremost. Equally I can't help but think the 'slash the prices' or 'let folk in free' calls are back of a fag packet thinking and equally as lacking in objectivity as my own thoughts. Ultimately everyone is looking for the deal that suits them best, we see it time and again with Hibs fans and in life outside of football.

I agree 100%.

Maybe to boost sales things like buy 1 get 1 half price etc, or even block bookings say next 3 home games 3rd game half price.

Shore Thing
02-01-2016, 11:38 AM

Good stuff! My usual group of 2 or 3 is looking like 9 today with extended family members being in town

macca70
02-01-2016, 11:39 AM

Ultimately, it always comes back to the same thing.

If we are successful on the park, folk turn out. If we were competing at the top end of the SPL eg 2nd/3rd/4th we'd have an extra 3k on the gate, probably also helped by larger away supports. We'd be getting getting 12-13k each week.

I've got mates, as I'm sure we all do, that have no interest in going to games like today but want to make a day out of it when we have a big game eg old firm, Derby, semi or final.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2016, 11:42 AM
There's plenty Hibs could do to make their more valuable customers feel special, without spending a fortune or giving up masses of revenue. And the points system means Hibs know precisely who their most valuable customers are. Perception is everything and IMO it wouldn't take much to make those who paid full price to feel extra valued over those who got freebees or promo tickets.

We all want Hibs to prosper and most big enough to accept some relative, short-term inequalities to achieve that. How many Hibs fans buy STs each year knowing that they'll end up missing matches and it costing them more than it would had they just walked up ? I'm one and don't resent it because the club benefits. Would I worry too much about the odd promotion that brought in extra folk ? Not if it resulted in some of these becoming paid customers again and the manager having more funds to improve the team. That only works if the team's doing well and playing decent footie. Paradoxically, that's easier in the 2nd tier than in the Prem, so now would be a good time to try get some of those lost fans back.

I've said I have no issue with promos etc to get more fans in, absolutely not.

What I disagree with is the thinking that slashing prices and letting kids in free is suddenly going to see thousands flocking back. People will argue it needs to be given time to work long term, unfortunately the initial loss of revenue would be short term and I've yet to see a plan to counterbalance that.

macca70
02-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Wait for it!! :tin hat:

Yeah, I'll take pelters for this but maybe the truth hurts. I have mates asking me about semi ticks but would rather sit in the house today than head along, that seems all too common at the moment, unfortunately.

Not claiming to be an uber fan, just saying it as it is.

Hibby Bairn
02-01-2016, 11:49 AM

And if you have lost interest you won't be logging on looking for press releases will you? Why aren't Hibs emailing all database members ahead of every game promoting it, making offers?

What about everybody under 16 free if accompanied by a full paying adult. Etc etc etc

Hibby Bairn
02-01-2016, 11:50 AM

What I disagree with is the thinking that slashing prices and letting kids in free is suddenly going to see thousands flocking back. People will argue it needs to be given time to work long term, unfortunately the initial loss of revenue would be short term and I've yet to see a plan to counterbalance that.

There is no loss of revenue if the seat is empty anyway. And it might just rekindle lost interest longer term.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2016, 11:53 AM
There is no loss of revenue if the seat is empty anyway. And it might just rekindle lost interest longer term.

So if you slash prices and 1000 walk ups who normally pay £20 a head only have to pay £10 a head and an additional 500 people turn up there is no loss of revenue? Or if you let under 12s in free and the under 12s who currently have a parent pay for a ticket also get in free there is no loss of revenue if enough additional paying adults don't turn up to cover the shortfall?

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-01-2016, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I'll take pelters for this but maybe the truth hurts. I have mates asking me about semi ticks but would rather sit in the house today than head along, that seems all too common at the moment, unfortunately.

Not claiming to be an uber fan, just saying it as it is.
What did your mates say when you told them to bolt for the semi final tickets?

jabis
02-01-2016, 11:56 AM
Me+3 just bought🎺

superfurryhibby
02-01-2016, 12:13 PM

Not sure anyone has suggested that it will bring thousands flocking back?

I made a suggestion that involved utilising our under used resources. It would also benefit those that simply struggle to fund football attendance at today's astronomical prices. The South Upper is not used for most games, it's not a desirable part of the ground for Hibs fans and we already give away lots of free tickets anyway?

Are people really that precious about this?

The HSL scheme rests on the premise that we are more that a football team, people are shelling out on a point of principle, to benefit the club. Whilst the are limits to the largesse of the common fan, I think Hibs supporters have shown they recognise the bigger picture.

One of the sad things about the gentrification of the modern game is that it has become more exclusive. A sad indictment of our times etc, etc.

Anyway, time to get ready for the other activity. Hope it's a good game and we get the result we need.

lord bunberry
02-01-2016, 12:18 PM

Hearts fans?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-01-2016, 12:20 PM
10 of us going today. Usually it's just the 4 ST holders. Can't wait!

Pretty Boy
02-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Not sure anyone has suggested that it will bring thousands flocking back?

I made a suggestion that involved utilising our under used resources. It would also benefit those that simply struggle to fund football attendance at today's astronomical prices. The South Upper is not used for most games, it's not a desirable part of the ground for Hibs fans and we already give away lots of free tickets anyway?

Are people really that precious about this?

The HSL scheme rests on the premise that we are more that a football team, people are shelling out on a point of principle, to benefit the club. Whilst the are limits to the largesse of the common fan, I think Hibs supporters have shown they recognise the bigger picture.

One of the sad things about the gentrification of the modern game is that it has become more exclusive. A sad indictment of our times etc, etc.

Anyway, time to get ready for the other activity. Hope it's a good game and we get the result we need.

I'm not being precious, just pointing out I think it would have limited success, has the potential to create unrest and could, short term at least, cost Hibs money. If cutting ticket prices and letting children in free was as easy to make a success off as some seem to suggest I'm sure clubs across Scotland, a majority of whom have huge empty areas in their stadium every week, would be doing it already. Why wouldn't they?

Again I'll say I'm not against trying new ideas to get people in, as an example a few ideas I've had over the years:

A category B only ST. There's anecdotal eveidence some people won't take their children to a game against Celtic or Rangers. If that is the case it lessens the appeal of a ST most seasons. Could a ST less the cost of cat A games work?

A category A bundle. Similar to above but aimed at those who want to go to the big games. Unworkable this season but when we get promoted a voucher entitling you to 6 tickets to games against Celtic, Hearts and Rangers. Perhaps at £150 rather than the £168 it would cost buying individually. Maybe include an additional voucher for £5 off a cat B game of choice.

3, 5, 10 etc game bundles. Same idea. You buy tickets in advance for games at a slightly discounted price. You pick the games you want and pay a bit extra if you want the option to include cat A games in your bundle.

Finally an idea that has been tried successfully elsewhere. The more STs we sell, the cheaper it is for all. So if we start pricing at £375 for adult STs that drops to £350 when we sell 5000, £325 when we sell 7000, £300 when we sell 9000 and £275 if we sell 10000+. Those figures are pie in the sky but you get the idea, everybody benefits across the board with a scheme like that.

mutley
02-01-2016, 12:38 PM
I'm not being precious, just pointing out I think it would have limited success, has the potential to create unrest and could, short term at least, cost Hibs money. If cutting ticket prices and letting children in free was as easy to make a success off as some seem to suggest I'm sure clubs across Scotland, a majority of whom have huge empty areas in their stadium every week, would be doing it already. Why wouldn't they?

Again I'll say I'm not against trying new ideas to get people in, as an example a few ideas I've had over the years:

A category B only ST. There's anecdotal eveidence some people won't take their children to a game against Celtic or Rangers. If that is the case it lessens the appeal of a ST most seasons. Could a ST less the cost of cat A games work?

A category A bundle. Similar to above but aimed at those who want to go to the big games. Unworkable this season but when we get promoted a voucher entitling you to 6 tickets to games against Celtic, Hearts and Rangers. Perhaps at £150 rather than the £168 it would cost buying individually. Maybe include an additional voucher for £5 off a cat B game of choice.

3, 5, 10 etc game bundles. Same idea. You buy tickets in advance for games at a slightly discounted price. You pick the games you want and pay a bit extra if you want the option to include cat A games in your bundle.

Finally an idea that has been tried successfully elsewhere. The more STs we sell, the cheaper it is for all. So if we start pricing at £375 for adult STs that drops to £350 when we sell 5000, £325 when we sell 7000, £300 when we sell 9000 and £275 if we sell 10000+. Those figures are pie in the sky but you get the idea, everybody benefits across the board with a scheme like that.

Now that is a great idea

Onion
02-01-2016, 12:43 PM
So if you slash prices and 1000 walk ups who normally pay £20 a head only have to pay £10 a head and an additional 500 people turn up there is no loss of revenue? Or if you let under 12s in free and the under 12s who currently have a parent pay for a ticket also get in free there is no loss of revenue if enough additional paying adults don't turn up to cover the shortfall?

The idea, of course, is that the sight of our fantastic new team under Stubbs will erase the painful memory of the brutal days under Butcher, and a decent percentage of those 500 returning fans will become regulars again, and pay full whack for the privilege, plus strips, food etc ! Over time, we'll easily make up the £10,000 lost revenue. If Hibs cannot give these new folk a good football experience, and convert them into regulars, there's simply no point.

Why can Hibs not scour their database and selectively invite lost fans over the course of the season ? That way, regulars who resent the idea of folk getting in cheap/free will be none the wiser and those who are "invited" will be pleasantly surprised and might enjoy their day at ER again.

Hibby Bairn
02-01-2016, 12:51 PM
The idea, of course, is that the sight of our fantastic new team under Stubbs will erase the painful memory of the brutal days under Butcher, and a decent percentage of those 500 returning fans will become regulars again, and pay full whack for the privilege, plus strips, food etc ! Over time, we'll easily make up the £10,000 lost revenue. If Hibs cannot give these new folk a good football experience, and convert them into regulars, there's simply no point.

Why can Hibs not scour their database and selectively invite lost fans over the course of the season ? That way, regulars who resent the idea of folk getting in cheap/free will be none the wiser and those who are "invited" will be pleasantly surprised and might enjoy their day at ER again.

Correct. It is done in almost every other business.

marinello59
02-01-2016, 01:01 PM

The club already gives free tickets to schools etc. ( Throw that in with the ST deals and Hibs Kids deal that the club seems to get no credit for. ) there's your future fans.
Why waste time and money on a handful of people who may or may not be arsed in the future.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2016, 01:01 PM

A secret club, yes please i'm all for one of those. :greengrin Wouldn't work though, unless they were made to sign a confidence clause. :greengrin

DH1875
02-01-2016, 02:17 PM
So whats the crowd like then?

California-Hibs
02-01-2016, 02:53 PM
So whats the crowd like then?

From watching here on the tv the crowd looks very good indeed, there's 100% over 10k there, going for around 11.5k

IanM
02-01-2016, 03:20 PM
Hibs v Raith attendance: 10,994. Home (10,303). Away (691).

shamo9
02-01-2016, 04:35 PM
Was much busier, nice to see. I'm hopeful we don't drop below 10000 again this season.

SteveHFC
02-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Hibs v Raith attendance: 10,994. Home (10,303). Away (691).

Brilliant attendance. Hopefully we can get more numbers turning up. :thumbsup:

California-Hibs
02-01-2016, 05:50 PM
Was much busier, nice to see. I'm hopeful we don't drop below 10000 again this season.

I don't think we will, which is a step in the right direction.

02-01-2016, 05:52 PM
anyone know how many half ST's have been sold?

emerald green
02-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Just to keep things in perspective, the attendance at ER for the new year fixture on 2 January 2014 was 20,106.

Even taking into account Hibs were playing Hearts (2-1 for Hibs) that day, the number of home fans would have been around 16,500. Just another reason Hibs have to get out of the Championship.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-01-2016, 07:21 PM
Just to keep things in perspective, the attendance at ER for the new year fixture on 2 January 2014 was 20,106.

Even taking into account Hibs were playing Hearts (2-1 for Hibs) that day, the number of home fans would have been around 16,500. Just another reason Hibs have to get out of the Championship.

I had the misfortune of walking through Gorgie en-route to Murrayfield for the edinburgh/Glasgow game after Starwars at cineword last week -they were due to play Celtc.

It struck me that no matter their situation (mibbie not quite go or face extinction) the fact is that 14k+ fans are getting into the _habit_ of following their team. Whereas we on the other hand due to mismanagement have seen 4-6k of our fanbase get out of the habit over the last 8-9 years.

brog
02-01-2016, 07:25 PM

Your point is correct in principle but the game you quote is an extreme example. This was only a few weeks after TB had been appointed, the win against Yams was our 3rd in a week & the crowd was the largest for 23 years. The previous ne'er day game vs Yams had a crowd of 15,000, only about 300 more than our ne'er day crowd vs Raith last time we were in tier 2. There were probably about 3,000 more Hibs fans at the Raith game than the Yam game. The turn out 2 years ago was tremendous & an act of faith by the Hibs support but routinely the size of our support is much more influenced by our performances/results rather than by who we're playing. If we're languishing in the top tier we won't see much, if any improvement in our attendances.
PS, not really arguing your point, more stating a return to top tier is only a starting point.

Ringothedog
02-01-2016, 07:29 PM
I had the misfortune of walking through Gorgie en-route to Murrayfield for the edinburgh/Glasgow game after Starwars at cineword last week -they were due to play Celtc.

It struck me that no matter their situation (mibbie not quite go or face extinction) the fact is that 14k+ fans are getting into the _habit_ of following their team. Whereas we on the other hand due to mismanagement have seen 4-6k of our fanbase get out of the habit over the last 8-9 years.

Or the positive is that we still have 9-10k following us in the second tier.

emerald green
02-01-2016, 07:42 PM

Your point is correct in principle but the game you quote is an extreme example. This was only a few weeks after TB had been appointed, the win against Yams was our 3rd in a week & the crowd was the largest for 23 years. The previous ne'er day game vs Yams had a crowd of 15,000, only about 300 more than our ne'er day crowd vs Raith last time we were in tier 2. There were probably about 3,000 more Hibs fans at the Raith game than the Yam game. The turn out 2 years ago was tremendous & an act of faith by the Hibs support but routinely the size of our support is much more influenced by our performances/results rather than by who we're playing. If we're languishing in the top tier we won't see much, if any improvement in our attendances.
PS, not really arguing your point, more stating a return to top tier is only a starting point.

:agree: You both make fair and valid points.

Particularly it's very important Hibs are promoted, from a purely financial aspect, even if Hibs might not always get a crowd of over 20,000 even for a Derby as Brog has pointed out. I used that particular attendance to draw attention to the potential support that's there for Hibs, or should I say was there?

Sir David Gray
02-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Or the positive is that we still have 9-10k following us in the second tier.

:agree: It's good that we still have 10,000+ turning up to Easter Road although I would obviously like to see more.

We had the third highest attendance in Scotland today and our attendance was higher than the other four Championship matches added together as well.

I would say that's a huge positive.

brog
02-01-2016, 07:52 PM

We've certainly lost fans but it's nowhere near as many as you might think. We've actually had 9 of the last 25 seasons where our average was below 5 figures. The redevelopment of ER was instrumental in building our attendances to such a level that our 2006/2007 season saw our 2nd highest average in the last 55 years. That & the fine play of the golden generation & our 2007 trophy win. Average attendances in the 70's, last time we were at 06/07 levels were also distorted by home crowds of 40,000 plus versus the OF where probably 50% of the crowd were not Hibs fans. It's safe to say that on average more Hibs fans turned up at each home game in 06/07 than turned up to watch the Tornadoes in the early 70's. We certainly had thousands more season ticket holders. It doesn't make your point less valid but I often think Hibs don't get sufficient credit for the vision we showed in developing our ground, albeit much was driven by necessity. The real tragedy is we blew it & didn't build on what really was in hindsight a fantastic success story. Hopefully we're now on the way back.

Stuarty27
02-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Wonder how the bowling went :greengrin

OsloHibs
02-01-2016, 08:29 PM
The club already gives free tickets to schools etc. ( Throw that in with the ST deals and Hibs Kids deal that the club seems to get no credit for. ) there's your future fans.
Why waste time and money on a handful of people who may or may not be arsed in the future.

Well said :top marks

greenlex
02-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Kids free with a paying adult will cost the club nothing.

lord bunberry
02-01-2016, 09:09 PM
Wonder how the bowling went :greengrin
:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

Viva_Palmeiras
02-01-2016, 09:50 PM
We've certainly lost fans but it's nowhere near as many as you might think. We've actually had 9 of the last 25 seasons where our average was below 5 figures. The redevelopment of ER was instrumental in building our attendances to such a level that our 2006/2007 season saw our 2nd highest average in the last 55 years. That & the fine play of the golden generation & our 2007 trophy win. Average attendances in the 70's, last time we were at 06/07 levels were also distorted by home crowds of 40,000 plus versus the OF where probably 50% of the crowd were not Hibs fans. It's safe to say that on average more Hibs fans turned up at each home game in 06/07 than turned up to watch the Tornadoes in the early 70's. We certainly had thousands more season ticket holders. It doesn't make your point less valid but I often think Hibs don't get sufficient credit for the vision we showed in developing our ground, albeit much was driven by necessity. The real tragedy is we blew it & didn't build on what really was in hindsight a fantastic success story. Hopefully we're now on the way back.

Forgive me B - I agree as my previous shows I supported the building of infrastructure. The mismanagement has been undoubtedly on the use of playing facilities and sporting performance. Whilst managers have been backed (Stokes, Liam Miller, Jonatan Johansson anyone?) the managers didn't work out - although I think Yogi may have decent claim for not being given a fair crack of the whip...

Some business talk about a balanced scorecard - if we had one it was most definitely skewed to infrastructure.

It makes it all the more galling that with the fall from grace of the cheats that we should have been in prime position to take decisive advantage and yet we contrive to get ourselves relegated.

It was plain for those that met Scott Lindsay after that final against the yams that the club needed a shake up. It ended up a longer and winding road that we had hoped. But with Ms Dempster at the helm and the other changes beginning to click I hope we're finally on the right track.

Hibby New Year & ggtth

mutley
02-01-2016, 09:58 PM
Kids free with a paying adult will cost the club nothing.

Something like that wouldn't be too bad, rather than just giving freebies, maybe a little incentive.

Like 3 tickets for the price of 2: so that if 2 people pay full price they get a freebie to give to someone who, hopefully, would want to continue to go, who would then buy more tickets in the long run. Club gets income, we get more bums on seats.

greenlex
02-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Something like that wouldn't be too bad, rather than just giving freebies, maybe a little incentive.

Like 3 tickets for the price of 2: so that if 2 people pay full price they get a freebie to give to someone who, hopefully, would want to continue to go, who would then buy more tickets in the long run. Club gets income, we get more bums on seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk yup agree that's decent.

Carheenlea
02-01-2016, 10:22 PM
There were 31 more fans at the Dundee derby.
The Lanarkshire derby mustered roughly half the size of our crowd today.

murray26
02-01-2016, 10:51 PM
I reckon the Ibrox result took a few off the crowd too.. Nice to see 11 k there though and if we stay in the mix it will keep rising..

Steve-O
03-01-2016, 03:36 AM

Where did I say free? I think season tickets are far too expensive too, although there are kids ones that are very cheap.

Under 10s, for example, should be free IMO. If that's the difference between a parent going to the game or not, what would you prefer?

A season ticket is neither affordable nor practical for many people now for a variety of reasons so why don't you climb down from that high horse.

£46 for an adult and 2 kids in this league is extremely expensive regardless of what price a season ticket is.

Steve-O
03-01-2016, 03:44 AM
Its still set games, I am not saying that there aren't things out there. I am saying more could be done. If someone woke up this morning and had their kids shouting at them to go to the game £46ish is a bit steep IMO for enticing someone back. The offers around at the moment are geared for someone deciding to go back to many games, not just a spur of the moment thing. The kids season ticket in the FF is great value for money, but only if you want to sit in the FF. I know someone that would love to come back to the games and sit with his mates in the east but would have to have his 3 kids as well.

Have to agree. Every offer seems to have some conditions or fishhooks attached that, when we're getting 8-9k a week, are totally unnecessary IMO.

Have the Hibs kids membership available for ANY games, have cheap kids STs for anywhere in the ground, have tickets that get people into 6 games or something. They need to think a bit bigger rather than saying oh we do have cheap tickets, but only to certain games and only in certain stands etc.

Steve-O
03-01-2016, 03:53 AM

What about the likes of Sky who have offers for new customers that do not apply to existing customers? The existing customer probably ends up paying more but they soon get over it I'm sure and Sky have attracted new customers through it.

In terms of Hibs it's not that easy, but kids in particular should be viewed as the 'new customers' of this situation.

Pete
03-01-2016, 04:03 AM
What about the likes of Sky who have offers for new customers that do not apply to existing customers? The existing customer probably ends up paying more but they soon get over it I'm sure and Sky have attracted new customers through it.

In terms of Hibs it's not that easy, but kids in particular should be viewed as the 'new customers' of this situation.

Of course it's not that easy for Hibs. There is no emotional attachment to a broadband/TV provider and these annoying deals for new customers are forgotten about as soon as the contract is up as your choice is based purely on value for money. While there isn't really a choice for a football fan, the feeling of being let down will remain.

I actually do agree that there is merit in letting kids in for free or having heavily discounted season tickets in all areas. Football support in general is ageing and something needs to be done to get LOADS of kids into Easter road and Scottish football matches in general. Would have to be next season at the earliest though.

Steve-O
03-01-2016, 04:10 AM
Well there is a choice for football fans - go or don't go. Sadly, many have chosen the latter this season.

11k isn't bad, but still about 4000 less than the same fixture in 1999.

Pete
03-01-2016, 04:44 AM
Well there is a choice for football fans - go or don't go. Sadly, many have chosen the latter this season.

Not sure how much it was for kids back then but it was around £15 for adults. I think our average attendance was about 10k at that time so maybe the relatively high walk-up prices nowadays are indeed making spikes like that less frequent.

Lots to think about next season but it all comes down to which division we are in.

brog
03-01-2016, 08:07 AM
Forgive me B - I agree as my previous shows I supported the building of infrastructure. The mismanagement has been undoubtedly on the use of playing facilities and sporting performance. Whilst managers have been backed (Stokes, Liam Miller, Jonatan Johansson anyone?) the managers didn't work out - although I think Yogi may have decent claim for not being given a fair crack of the whip...

Some business talk about a balanced scorecard - if we had one it was most definitely skewed to infrastructure.

It makes it all the more galling that with the fall from grace of the cheats that we should have been in prime position to take decisive advantage and yet we contrive to get ourselves relegated.

It was plain for those that met Scott Lindsay after that final against the yams that the club needed a shake up. It ended up a longer and winding road that we had hoped. But with Ms Dempster at the helm and the other changes beginning to click I hope we're finally on the right track.

Hibby New Year & ggtth

Couldn't agree more. In fact I cant be hypocritical & pretend i wasn't usually happy with most of the manager appointments. For my sins i thought TB was just what we needed!! For some reason they didn't work but with the exception of the early Hart/Turnbull days this is the 1st time i see joined up management, coaching & playing thinking. We're on our way!

Pretty Boy
03-01-2016, 08:13 AM
To be fair you shouldn't really be getting too personal, eh no?

Lighten up, it was a joke based on some people criticisms of Hibs today, hardly a personal dig at you.

Pretty Boy
03-01-2016, 08:19 AM

Several times now people have mentioned that other businesses lower prices or offer deals to new and lapsed customers. I'm more than aware this is standard business practice but given that a lot of football administrators have experience in working for other, often successful, businesses is it not telling clubs across the country aren't doing it?

Unfortunately as it stands the only club in Scotland without thousands of empty seats each week is Hearts, it seems some believe that either free child tickets or cheap prices will see a spike in attendances yet no club is doing it. Why? Or if they are doing it, why is it not working? As far as I can recall the only club who undertook a long term plan to lower prices, particularly for children, was Motherwell and whilst there were other mitigating factors it was an absolute disaster that ended with administration.

lucky
03-01-2016, 08:40 AM
It has been said many times football is too expensive especially for families. But Hibs half ST prices are great for kids. £70 under 16s and £25 under 12s is excellent. Unfortunately the walk up prices are to high. LD made a decision to keep the ticket prices at premier league level to allow Stubbs a bigger budget and get us out this division. But the reality is if Hibs are winning fans turn up. Dunfermline had over 5000 at their game yesterday not because it was cheap but because they winning.

lord bunberry
03-01-2016, 09:04 AM
Several times now people have mentioned that other businesses lower prices or offer deals to new and lapsed customers. I'm more than aware this is standard business practice but given that a lot of football administrators have experience in working for other, often successful, businesses is it not telling clubs across the country aren't doing it?

Unfortunately as it stands the only club in Scotland without thousands of empty seats each week is Hearts, it seems some believe that either free child tickets or cheap prices will see a spike in attendances yet no club is doing it. Why? Or if they are doing it, why is it not working? As far as I can recall the only club who undertook a long term plan to lower prices, particularly for children, was Motherwell and whilst there were other mitigating factors it was an absolute disaster that ended with administration.
I think partick thistle let kids in for nothing.

Golden Bear
03-01-2016, 09:05 AM
Over the years, attendances at football fixtures which are staged over the festive period have been reasonably healthy and yesterday was no exception. Yesterday's crowd would have been boosted by exiled fans returning home for the celebrations.

superfurryhibby
03-01-2016, 09:06 AM
Lighten up, it was a joke based on some people criticisms of Hibs today, hardly a personal dig at you.

I was'nt finding it funny "his kids" . I wan't you to remove that because it refers directly to me and my children. You quoted a guy who asked how the bowling went.

Respectfully, remove the comment.

Pretty Boy
03-01-2016, 09:11 AM
I think partick thistle let kids in for nothing.

And last season and so far this season their average attendance is between 1200 and 1500 less than it was the season they won the 1st division.

Which leads back to the point that performance matters more than price.

Pretty Boy
03-01-2016, 09:12 AM
I was'nt finding it funny "his kids" . I wan't you to remove that because it refers directly to me and my children. You quoted a guy who asked how the bowling went.

Respectfully, remove the comment.

Jeezo. Removed.

J-C
03-01-2016, 09:15 AM

That used to be the case, your mobile bill can now be negotiated at the end of your contract to give you a better deal, I left SKY due to them not doing this and went to Virgin. Fans do get fed up paying over the odds for a product that's not very good, Many Hibs fans are not going due to this fact, not dropping the ST prices to a reasonable level when we went down was a mistake as far as I was concerned, they could've had an extra 2-3k sold at the cheaper price but that's all in the past now.

mutley
03-01-2016, 09:22 AM
How about this for a loyalty scheme for ST members..... Every year that you do renew, you get a small discount, eg year 1 £405, year 2 £390, year 3 £375, and year 4+ £350. If you don't renew one year, then you have to go back to first year price and build your discount again .

QMU-1875
03-01-2016, 09:24 AM
Paid my season ticket in full and will continue to do so because I want the club to have the money. I don't care about me as a "consumer/customer" with Hibs, it's more than me getting value for money. If Hibs start handing out free tickets to folk or even start charging a tenner a game till the end of the season or whatever scheme I would not care one iota. I just want those lapsed Hibs fans back at Easter road so we can get this place bouncing again. Will I be down money? Yes. Will it be worth it if it gets the fans back? Every penny.

O'Rourke3
03-01-2016, 09:27 AM
How about this for a loyalty scheme for ST members..... Every year that you do renew, you get a small discount, eg year 1 £405, year 2 £390, year 3 £375, and year 4+ £350. If you don't renew one year, then you have to go back to first year price and build your discount again .

I thought the club might introduce something like this after relegation. Pretty sure the last time this happened we introduced a 3 year season book, which cost 2 times the price of the existing one. So a free year for those prepared to pump the dosh in up front.

How far back do we go with this, guys like Johnnyboy would probably be down to farthings...... :greengrin

RCNG
03-01-2016, 09:27 AM
It has been said many times football is too expensive especially for families. But Hibs half ST prices are great for kids. £70 under 16s and £25 under 12s is excellent. Unfortunately the walk up prices are to high. LD made a decision to keep the ticket prices at premier league level to allow Stubbs a bigger budget and get us out this division. But the reality is if Hibs are winning fans turn up. Dunfermline had over 5000 at their game yesterday not because it was cheap but because they winning.

We are winning, though.

And Dunfermline had a bumper crowd to celebrate the life of Norrie. It was also a derby. Poor example.

mutley
03-01-2016, 09:32 AM
I thought the club might introduce something like this after relegation. Pretty sure the last time this happened we introduced a 3 year season book, which cost 2 times the price of the existing one. So a free year for those prepared to pump the dosh in up front.

How far back do we go with this, guys like Johnnyboy would probably be down to farthings...... :greengrin

That why I say stop at 4 yrs at £350, (or thereabouts ). To me it would give the ST members something back and that way wouldn't feel left out from the freebies.

O'Rourke3
03-01-2016, 09:35 AM
That why I say stop at 4 yrs at £350, (or thereabouts ). To me it would give the ST members something back and that way wouldn't feel left out from the freebies.

Last line was a joke:greengrin

mutley
03-01-2016, 12:08 PM
Last line was a joke:greengrin

Yeah I know, people like Jonnyboy would be getting paid to go!!

Wouldn't let it go less that £350, unless maybe each 5 yrs after the initial 1-5 yrs.

I think it would be a fair incentive to keep buying

mim
03-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Paid my season ticket in full and will continue to do so because I want the club to have the money. I don't care about me as a "consumer/customer" with Hibs, it's more than me getting value for money. If Hibs start handing out free tickets to folk or even start charging a tenner a game till the end of the season or whatever scheme I would not care one iota. I just want those lapsed Hibs fans back at Easter road so we can get this place bouncing again. Will I be down money? Yes. Will it be worth it if it gets the fans back? Every penny.

Well said. Couldn't agree more :agree:

jgl07
03-01-2016, 12:17 PM

I think you are making things up here.

I don't recall any 15,000 crowds for Raith back then. The ground only held just over 16,000 at the time. That only match that came anywhere near that figure was the season finale against Falkirk.

Pretty Boy
03-01-2016, 12:22 PM

I don't recall any 15,000 crowds for Raith back then. The ground only held just over 16,000 at the time. That only match that came anywhere near that figure was the season finale against Falkirk.

Our highest crowd that season was 14801 v Falkirk as you said. We got 14703 v Raith around this time of year that season, just shy of 4000 more than yesterday.

Those crowds were the exception rather then the rule that season though.

brog
03-01-2016, 02:20 PM

We did indeed get just under 15k for the New Year game vs Raith in 1999. The difference is that we were top & in the middle of an even better run than now. Bears out my contention that crowds are more determined by results than anything else.