PDA

View Full Version : Rangers now favourites for Championship - Martyn Waghorn

Stuarty27
31-12-2015, 12:30 PM
From BBC:

Rangers striker Martyn Waghorn believes the Ibrox club are favourites to win the Scottish Championship because they are better than Hibernian.

Mark Warburton's men ran out 4-2 winners over Hibs on Monday, despite the sending off of midfielder Andy Halliday.

"Ultimately, we've got the better players and we'll do our talking on the park," said Waghorn.

"Are we favourites for the title now? Yeah, 100%

No need for a team talk on Saturday, this should be it...

matty_f
31-12-2015, 12:31 PM
Is that doing his talking on the park? Fat ****.

Pretty Boy
31-12-2015, 12:34 PM
They are favourite. They are 3 points clear and have beaten us twice.

Up to us to get our heads down and keep ourselves in the mix.

BH Hibs
31-12-2015, 12:41 PM
Hope he keeps talking it'll just make it all the more sweeter when we beat them

Swedish hibee
31-12-2015, 12:44 PM
Is that doing his talking on the park? Fat ****.

Exactly what I was thinking..

Smartie
31-12-2015, 12:46 PM
I much prefer hearing crap like this from them than from us.

Lucius Apuleius
31-12-2015, 12:52 PM
They are favourite. They are 3 points clear and have beaten us twice.

Up to us to get our heads down and keep ourselves in the mix.

Beaten us twice at their gaffe, got beaten by us at our gaffe. No reason not to believe we cannot do it again.

Onion
31-12-2015, 12:52 PM
Doesn't take much to set these mouthpieces off again.

Foghorn was no where to be seen or heard in the last 6 / 7 weeks as the goals dried up and his plastic team were strugglin'. A home win against Hibs and he's the arrogant no-mark blowing soundbites out his arse for his drooling media stooges to lick up. Yum :aok:

Pedantic_Hibee
31-12-2015, 01:06 PM
That fat hammer-thrower will go nowhere in the game. He's found his level.

Sir David Gray
31-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Fat hun prick.

That's all. :bye:

hibees 7062
31-12-2015, 01:08 PM
From BBC:

Rangers striker Martyn Waghorn believes the Ibrox club are favourites to win the Scottish Championship because they are better than Hibernian.

Mark Warburton's men ran out 4-2 winners over Hibs on Monday, despite the sending off of midfielder Andy Halliday.

"Ultimately, we've got the better players and we'll do our talking on the park," said Waghorn.

I'd only take one of them

Haymaker
31-12-2015, 01:09 PM
**** him and everyone who looks like him. :agree:

Stuarty27
31-12-2015, 01:12 PM
I'd only take one of them

Who would that be?

Pretty Boy
31-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Beaten us twice at their gaffe, got beaten by us at our gaffe. No reason not to believe we cannot do it again.

Agreed.

They are still favourites though, I'm perfectly happy with that.

Lago
31-12-2015, 01:29 PM
Looking at it objectively and without my hibs tinted glasses, I have to agree with him.

SeanWilson
31-12-2015, 01:37 PM
They are though. Doesn't matter how fat and hunny he his, they are favourites for the league. Up to us to take his advice (that he didn't) and do our talking on the pitch.

Bostonhibby
31-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Meantime in news elsewhere - Pope still catholic and bears refuse to use chemical toilets.

Talking on the park eh waggy?

Lancs Harp
31-12-2015, 01:56 PM
To be honest would you seriously expect them to say anything different? With the resources they have they should be favourites.

But who cares what they think or say? We'll just get on with our own game and see where it gets us. We wont be far away at the end of the ssason thats for sure.

Rather concentrate on the game against Raith on Saturday than anything coming out of Mordor.

:gwa:

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2015, 02:01 PM
They have always been favorites, they are just not as big favorites now as they were a couple of months ago.

Northernhibee
31-12-2015, 02:17 PM
And in a heartbeat they start piling the pressure and expectation back on their shoulders.

He's a bit thick.

Ronniekirk
31-12-2015, 02:18 PM
From BBC:

your title says now favourites ,they seem to have erased the fact they were gloating about running away with the title after about seven games in .Hopefully we go on another unbeaten run now and keep the pressure up on them ,if we slip further behind they will be taking the credit saying thier win knocked the stuffing out our challenge Lets not give them that satisfaction .
But yea they are favourites and always have been , it just so happens we caught up with them when that wasn't in the script they had written .

CorrieHibs
31-12-2015, 02:22 PM
I hate that fat Hun pr**k. Thinks he's some sort of world beater. His scoring record before this was woeful. Most of his goals are pens.

He suits them though just a big mouth k**b

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-12-2015, 02:23 PM
Of course they are favourites. But they are not just favourites, now, they have always been. And comments about players are hollow boasts when you look at their resources. The bit that's missing is that they were expected to be in the top flight this season, not next.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-12-2015, 02:23 PM
This prick should be called Foghorn instead of Waghorn. A bang average striker who will never achieve more in the game than playing for a poor Rangers tribute act. He's got a face like a tramps welly and pish patter

Killiehibbie
31-12-2015, 02:29 PM
They probably have about a 75-80% chance of winning this league and that makes them favourites but we all know that can soon change.

renato
31-12-2015, 02:32 PM
For someone that likes to repeatedly tell us he'll do his talking on the pitch, he does an awful lot of talking to the press. Pot and Kettle Mr Foghorn?

That's also not the first time he's said his team are better than ours (clearly to all and sundry, as opposed to "on the pitch"). I wonder if his manager is noting his comments, next time Warbs chooses to bless us with words of respectful wisdom, whilst clarifying that his team do their talking on the pitch (whilst obviously not naming that pesky team that do all their talking through the press). Respectfully, of course.

hibees 7062
31-12-2015, 02:41 PM
Who would that be?

Wallace

GreenLake
31-12-2015, 03:09 PM
If they couldn't hang on to an 8 point lead then what makes him think they will keep a 3 point lead.

cabbageandribs1875
31-12-2015, 03:19 PM
From BBC:

can i just be the first poster to thank Foghorn for our future team talks :thumbsup:still a few twists to come me thinks Mr waghorse

portyhibernian
31-12-2015, 03:20 PM
The guy looks like a caveman and also happens to be a total prick. Oh, aye they probably are the favourites, but they've won **** all yet.

chrisski33
31-12-2015, 03:20 PM
They are only cos they are 3 points ahead of us! Tbh there should have been less chat from stubbs in the media on the run up to the game and more talk on the pitch. Remember the rangers were tipped to have won the league by now. Time to just concentrate on Hibs and do things quietly. Falkirk have and now they have caught up and created a 3 horse race for the league. FXXK the rangers and fxxk the hearts. GGTTH!!

hibeemikey21
31-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Folk calling him fat and saying that rangers aren't favourites.........😂

kaimendhibs
31-12-2015, 04:21 PM
This prick should be called Foghorn instead of Waghorn. A bang average striker who will never achieve more in the game than playing for a poor Rangers tribute act. He's got a face like a tramps welly and pish patter

Thanks for posting my exact thoughts😂😂

emerald green
31-12-2015, 06:53 PM
From BBC:

The bit in bold. So why is this over-rated dick talking to the BBC or whoever will listen to his bragging?

matty_f
31-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Folk calling him fat and saying that rangers aren't favourites.........😂

Who said they weren't favourites? Think most folk would recognise that they are, and have been, favourites all season.

Sir David Gray
31-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Fat hun prick.

That's all. :bye:

Folk calling him fat and saying that rangers aren't favourites.........

Sorry, I'll take back the "fat" comment, he's probably just big boned.

He's still a hun prick though. :aok:

matty_f
31-12-2015, 06:59 PM
Sorry, I'll take back the "fat" comment, he's probably just big boned.

He's still a hun prick though. :aok:

I think we'll let you away with 'fat'. The big fat hun welt.

SquashedFrogg
31-12-2015, 07:45 PM
Reminds me of Dean Windass...

Without the ability to drive past Greggs :agree:

Gash player who will be in non-league football in 2 years time

He's not fat - just plays a sport where everyone is is slim :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
31-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Don't think he's said anything wrong myself,nothing wrong with expressing confidence especially after you've just beaten a very poor looking supposed challenger to the title.

andrew70
31-12-2015, 09:07 PM
Lee Wallace would be the ONLY Hun that would get anywhere near our team.

Let them talk like this it does Stubbs job for him.

Matty_Jack04
31-12-2015, 09:10 PM
Martyn waghorns tongues too fat for his face

Forza Fred
01-01-2016, 12:37 AM
They have always been favorites, they are just not as big favorites now as they were a couple of months ago.

:top marks

Paisley Hibby
01-01-2016, 12:51 AM
Who the **** is this Waghorn felly and why can't he spell his first name properly? :rolleyes:

givescotlandfreedom
01-01-2016, 02:26 AM
They probably are but a bit disrespectful to say so and could end up looking pretty stupid.

The_Exile
01-01-2016, 03:50 AM
I will love it if we beat them, love it.

Septimus
01-01-2016, 06:09 AM
Were they not favorites to beat Motherwell in the play offs?

Mr White
01-01-2016, 07:23 AM

And st Johnstone in the league cup.

Libby Hibby
01-01-2016, 07:27 AM

And Livingston away in the league

PeterboroHibee
01-01-2016, 08:02 AM
Players and Managers never learn when it comes to speaking out in the press. Waghorn in particular seems quite bad for it, and if I recall, last time he was talking about us/the title race, they had a bit of a collapse.

FWIW, he is probably right about them being favourites for the title, but why say it? It gives Stubbs something to motivate the squad with, particularly when their qualities have been questioned.

Steve20
01-01-2016, 08:18 AM
He's not wrong. Our manager talks more about their team than ours, so that says it all.

Lucius Apuleius
01-01-2016, 08:33 AM
He's not wrong. Our manager talks more about their team than ours, so that says it all.

Steve, you don't half talk *****.

Libby Hibby
01-01-2016, 08:52 AM

Still on the sherry Steve? Must be a big bottle, it's lasted you a few weeks...

matty_f
01-01-2016, 09:30 AM

Don't talk pish.