PDA

View Full Version : Sign here if you got hit by a missile at Ibrox

hibs0666
30-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Might as well help the club get a wee dossier together if it so desires.

I got hit with a 20p just at the back of my left ear, probably thrown from the upper tier of the Govan stand. Happened late in the second half after the huns went 4-2 up.

Anyone else?

silverhibee
30-12-2015, 06:14 PM
Hit by a pie, came from the side after we scored, and coin whizzed past me and hit back of the wall.

New jacket now in dry cleaners.

PercyHibs
30-12-2015, 07:25 PM
Meal deal for me. Cup of juice when we scored and Pie to the face for their 3rd. Was lucky enough to be sat next to them.

I'll also sign for the policeman who got hit twice and done nothing. Don't think he's signed up on here.

Ozyhibby
30-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Just some juice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverhibee
30-12-2015, 07:40 PM
I'll sign for the steward that was hit and needed treatment.

Hawick hibee
30-12-2015, 08:33 PM
Juice, more than once!!! Also hit by the vile sectarian rubbish they sing!!!!

wazoo1875
30-12-2015, 09:02 PM
I was juiced, two in front of me were coined, including a young girl of no more than 10

Stantons Angel
30-12-2015, 09:03 PM
Might as well help the club get a wee dossier together if it so desires.

I got hit with a 20p just at the back of my left ear, probably thrown from the upper tier of the Govan stand. Happened late in the second half after the huns went 4-2 up.

Anyone else?

I was hit by a flying 20p piece too from the same direction.

I gave it too the police man standing watching it all happen and told him to report it and he said he would. Then asked me if i needed medical treatment????

They are honestly the **** of the earth!

Hermit Crab
30-12-2015, 09:06 PM
I was juiced, two in front of me were coined, including a young girl of no more than 10

Did this happen during the 1st hibs goal celebration?

SausageSurprise
30-12-2015, 09:07 PM
I was hit by a stray Christmas bauble from my tree when the dug wagged his tail and caused the whole thing to shudder. I was sat in front of the box. This was at 1-1. I said to the other half that it shouldn't happen but she just ignored me.

Lucius Apuleius
30-12-2015, 09:13 PM
Meal deal for me. Cup of juice when we scored and Pie to the face for their 3rd. Was lucky enough to be sat next to them.

I'll also sign for the policeman who got hit twice and done nothing. Don't think he's signed up on here.

Ex policeman friend of mine was hit by a 50p.

GreenCastle
30-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Were the Hibs board / fan reps sitting in the away section?

Maybe Hibs should send an official club official to sit amongst it all and officially report back.

Mr White
30-12-2015, 09:36 PM
Were the Hibs board / fan reps sitting in the away section?

Maybe Hibs should send an official club official to sit amongst it all and officially report back.

I wonder if the police would confiscate kenny mcaskills phone if he were to film them turning a blind eye to criminal behaviour in the home end?

GreenCastle
30-12-2015, 09:58 PM
I wonder if the police would confiscate kenny mcaskills phone if he were to film them turning a blind eye to criminal behaviour in the home end?

Surely our board were at the game and hearing it from the directors box.

I think a Hibs representative should all sit in the away end and film / report back about the experience.

kaimendhibs
30-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Cup of juice hit my hand when we scored first and a coin whizzed past my cheek at half time.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2015, 10:09 PM
Surely our board were at the game and hearing it from the directors box.

I think a Hibs representative should all sit in the away end and film / report back about the experience.

Frank Dougan was in the Hibs end on Monday.

livi hibs 1875
30-12-2015, 10:18 PM
I was hit by a stray Christmas bauble from my tree when the dug wagged his tail and caused the whole thing to shudder. I was sat in front of the box. This was at 1-1. I said to the other half that it shouldn't happen but she just ignored me.

Ha ha ha

Galahibby
30-12-2015, 11:25 PM

😂

southern hibby
30-12-2015, 11:34 PM
We did have a represent ice of the board in our end. Big Frank was there surely he could report back to the club????

GGTTH

southern hibby
30-12-2015, 11:35 PM
Sorry should have said representative of the board

GGTTH

One Day
31-12-2015, 08:36 AM

Made me laugh out loud

Forza Fred
31-12-2015, 08:41 AM
When one reads of such activity, is it any wonder why some people are abandoning football?

allezsauzee
31-12-2015, 10:05 AM
When one reads of such activity, is it any wonder why some people are abandoning football?

This is far from representative of football in Scotland and Britain as a whole. It is far more civilised than when I started watching Hibs in the late70s/early 80s. For some reason it still happens at Ibrox (and wherever The Huns travel) and like the sectarian singing, nobody seems to have the guts to tackle it. Not the police, not the football authorities.

duffers
31-12-2015, 10:25 AM
A dairy milk came flying at me from the stand behind the goal after there first. It did save me going down for a munch at half time though.

Pretty Boy
31-12-2015, 10:28 AM

It's not really representative of football across the board though.

I have been to hundreds of games over the last 25 years in Scotland, Spain and England and have encountered next to no real bother. Incidents like those described on this thread are almost exclusively discussed after visits to Glasgow.

FromTheCapital
31-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Bovril just missed me after Cummings opened the scoring, don't know if anyone else saw that? Then a coin whizzed past my head before a pie to the shoulder when Nicky Clark scored.

wazoo1875
31-12-2015, 10:46 AM
Did this happen during the 1st hibs goal celebration?

Yes it did

The Tubs
31-12-2015, 10:57 AM
I was the lucky recipient of a 2 pence coin at half time. How much have we earned so far?

FranckSuzy
31-12-2015, 11:01 AM
Some liquid, which I hope was coffee, splashed quite a few of us in the first half. When we turned round to see where it came from, the police almost immediately said it had come from a Hibs fan. There were lots of The Rangers fans leaning over from the top tier, laughing and doing their usual nonsense, so it's hard to know how the police came to that conclusion so quickly :confused: Not saying it wasn't a Hibby but it did/does seem quite far fetched, IMHO.

micksoo
31-12-2015, 11:30 AM
I was hit by a coin just after their first goal.

Baldy Foghorn
31-12-2015, 12:14 PM
We did have a represent ice of the board in our end. Big Frank was there surely he could report back to the club????

GGTTH

Its already in hand, the Club is compiling a report from emails supporters are sending to them, regarding the various incidents:aok:

itslegaltender
31-12-2015, 12:45 PM
Its already in hand, the Club is compiling a report from emails supporters are sending to them, regarding the various incidents:aok:

We should add up how much was thrown in coins and each agree to donate same amount to an organisation that campaigns against sectarianism.

Alfred E Newman
31-12-2015, 02:40 PM
Given the treatment handed out to the few Hibs supporters allowed to attend the match I would be extremely disappointed if the club did not make official complaints to Rangers , Police Scotland and to the SFA on behalf of their support. If they don't I would want to know why.

HoboHarry
31-12-2015, 02:50 PM
Other bodies do of course act when there are issues. I guess they have less to hide than our authorities in Scotland.......

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35204905

lucky
31-12-2015, 03:01 PM
Wonder if the Scottish Government will make a statement on the Rangers fans behavior. I seem to recall after a New Year derby Alex Salmond and Kenny MacAskill had plenty to say.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-12-2015, 03:11 PM
We should add up how much was thrown in coins and each agree to donate same amount to an organisation that campaigns against sectarianism.

Eh?

SausageSurprise
31-12-2015, 05:16 PM
Whatever became of the incident just up from Kano's after the last Sevco game?

HibsMax
31-12-2015, 06:31 PM
If the governing body / bodies REALLY cared about anything they would perform their own unbiased, undercover investigation e.g., doing what some have mentioned on here already and infiltrate the fans to witness what is going on first hand. Luckily for us there is no problem so no need for an investigation.

How hard would be for fans to record this behaviour and share on social media? With phones recording in such high resolution now, it shouldn't be too tough to catch them in the act. I'm not suggesting using this for criminal proceedings (not a bad idea though) but just as a way to demonstrate to the rest of the football-supporting world what these knuckle-draggers get away with every week.

HoboHarry
31-12-2015, 06:39 PM
If the governing body / bodies REALLY cared about anything they would perform their own unbiased, undercover investigation e.g., doing what some have mentioned on here already and infiltrate the fans to witness what is going on first hand. Luckily for us there is no problem so no need for an investigation.

How hard would be for fans to record this behaviour and share on social media? With phones recording in such high resolution now, it shouldn't be too tough to catch them in the act. I'm not suggesting using this for criminal proceedings (not a bad idea though) but just as a way to demonstrate to the rest of the football-supporting world what these knuckle-draggers get away with every week.
and more importantly to show everyone what those in charge of our game choose to ignore every week.....

HibsMax
31-12-2015, 06:56 PM
and more importantly to show everyone what those in charge of our game choose to ignore every week.....
Another positive side effect. That is the danger with social media - it's becoming increasingly more difficult to deny the truth. For an unrelated example, consider shootings over here (USA) which are now being caught on cell phone cameras. Who knows how long these unjustified shootings have been going on for but we know that with increased public scrutiny, they can't go on forever. I see the problem with anti-social football fans as being no different in this regard. Imagine if there was, for example, a FaceBook page where fans posted videos and photos of incidents involving Rangers fans. That can go one of two ways:
1. The fans continue to act like animals and don't care that they are being exposed on a weekly basis (they might not care but one would like to think that someone will care),
2. The fans clean up their act and start acting like humans.

HoboHarry
31-12-2015, 06:59 PM
Another positive side effect. That is the danger with social media - it's becoming increasingly more difficult to deny the truth. For an unrelated example, consider shootings over here (USA) which are now being caught on cell phone cameras. Who knows how long these unjustified shootings have been going on for but we know that with increased public scrutiny, they can't go on forever. I see the problem with anti-social football fans as being no different in this regard. Imagine if there was, for example, a FaceBook page where fans posted videos and photos of incidents involving Rangers fans. That can go one of two ways:
1. The fans continue to act like animals and don't care that they are being exposed on a weekly basis (they might not care but one would like to think that someone will care),
2. The fans clean up their act and start acting like humans.
Living in Boston? I was there half a dozen times this year on business and I really like the place......

poolman
31-12-2015, 11:31 PM
Wait a minute folks, its only a tiny minority of them 😕

Seveno
01-01-2016, 12:42 PM
I would suggest that every fan that was hit should go to their local police station and report the incident there. Also, write to their MSP to complain at the lack of Police action.

it is much more difficult for the authorities to ignore this type of behaviour when they get a large number of individual complaints.

mghibs
01-01-2016, 03:17 PM
I reckon we should collect all the money being thrown at us and put it towards HSL

Mikey09
01-01-2016, 10:54 PM

Think they threw £16.90 in coins... Coincidentally the same as Dave King has thrown at the club. :greengrin