PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MCGINN: "CONFIDENCE NOT DENTED"

RSS Bot
30-12-2015, 11:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6008)

Onion
30-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Time for doing all the talking on the pitch. How affected Hibs are will become patently clear on Saturday afternoon.

Smartie
30-12-2015, 12:54 PM
Time for doing all the talking on the pitch. How affected Hibs are will become patently clear on Saturday afternoon.

Precisely.

Although I wonder if a wee bit of complacency had entered our heads recently?

It wouldn't harm us at all if that has been dented.

I wasn't at all impressed at talk of being able to afford to lose the game on Monday. We really shouldn't be tolerating any slip-ups.

Zazu62
30-12-2015, 12:56 PM
Confidence not dented but we are 3rd in the championship and the Rangers have just put 4 past us. Time to start performing again

Beefster
30-12-2015, 12:57 PM
One defeat in eighteen games. Their confidence should be sky high.

Ozyhibby
30-12-2015, 01:31 PM
After losing to them last season we then went on to lose the next two. If we do that again we are in big trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallumLaidlaw
30-12-2015, 01:38 PM
After losing to them last season we then went on to lose the next two. If we do that again we are in big trouble.

After losing to them THIS season (surely more relevant as its the same players) we won 3 on the bounce and went 17 undefeated.

Lago
30-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Precisely.

Although I wonder if a wee bit of complacency had entered our heads recently?

It wouldn't harm us at all if that has been dented.

I wasn't at all impressed at talk of being able to afford to lose the game on Monday. We really shouldn't be tolerating any slip-ups.
Spot on, agree good post.

mjhibby
31-12-2015, 08:08 AM
Spot on, agree good post.

When we were eleven points behind I would have been delighted to be where we are now. It's what we do from now on that matters. Mondays game has gone and we now have a good run of fixtures including the Scottish cup and the lcup semi. The only thing I would say is that Stubbs should utilise the squad more especially Bartley and anier and use boyle as an impact player. We will also hopefully have a couple of new players in as well. Let's just win on Sat and start another unbeaten run.

Lucius Apuleius
31-12-2015, 10:01 AM
After losing to them THIS season (surely more relevant as its the same players) we won 3 on the bounce and went 17 undefeated.

Spot on.

FromTheCapital
31-12-2015, 10:35 AM

Exactly this.

Hibbyradge
31-12-2015, 10:39 AM
If he'd said "Confidence remains high" it would have been a positive statement.

Instead, he spoke in the negative which tells a different story.

However, whatever damage has been done by that defeat and, more to the point, performance, they can greatly remedy it with good results in the next couple of games.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-12-2015, 10:42 AM
One defeat in ages, away to the team at the top of the league is good form. The discussion points are fan's expectations.

rcarter1
31-12-2015, 11:01 AM
Good to hear from the Hibs camp that the confidence is high. We have a lot of football to play, and another good run will keep us right in the mix. We are still miles better than most of the teams in this league. Its all about getting on the horse, and doing everything to win a large number of very winnable games. And when we play Falkirk, we need to get a bit 'angry' and consider them legitimate rivals.

emerald green
31-12-2015, 07:35 PM
It will become clear whether or not players confidence has been dented by their performances against Raith Rovers on Saturday.

Raith Rovers are not there to make up the numbers. Potentially, this could be another very tricky fixture. It's important the supporters get right behind the team right from the kick-off, and also remain patient if it's taking time to break them down.

jabis
31-12-2015, 07:49 PM
Only read the first few posts,but happy to see that the moaning minnies have a wee place to vent their spleen.
Carry on and let the rest of us have a happy new year😁

silverhibee
31-12-2015, 08:10 PM

I would hope so.