PDA

View Full Version : Farid El Alagui??

Kaiserclem
29-12-2015, 12:33 PM
Apologises in advance if already discussed on here, but what has happened to Farid's progress back?? I have been away for two weeks in the sun and seeing he hasn't even been on the bench. Is he injured yet again? if not, a must for us I feel to hold the ball up and for us to use his amazing leep!

Torto7062
29-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Apologises in advance if already discussed on here, but what has happened to Farid's progress back?? I have been away for two weeks in the sun and seeing he hasn't even been on the bench. Is he injured yet again? if not, a must for us I feel to hold the ball up and for us to use his amazing leep!
Has he been injured more than Sturridge at Liverpool 😕

Thecat23
29-12-2015, 03:05 PM
Two weeks away! 😁

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Two weeks away! 😁

Heard the same.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Heard the same.

Two weeks ago?

1875STEVE
29-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Time to cut our losses with him IMO, let him go in January, bring a new face in.

Been injured for what?? 14/15 of the months he has been with the club???

Good player, but a waste of a wage IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2015, 03:18 PM
Two weeks ago?

:agree: and 2 weeks before that and 2 weeks before that.

StevieBoyKdy
29-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Really like him but the injuries are never ending. Seems to come back then just disappears again. Hope he recovers.

BSEJVT
29-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Time to cut our losses with him IMO, let him go in January, bring a new face in.

Been injured for what?? 14/15 of the months he has been with the club???

Good player, but a waste of a wage IMO.

You do realise that its not quite that simple?

He will be under contract

Why would he voluntarily go now if he wasn't fit to play elsewhere

He could sit out the rest of his contract and have Hibs pay all his medical bills as he tries to get fit.

Its a funny one, if the club didn't want to play him as he wasn't good enough then the support would be fine with him never appearing, but the poor guy cant get fit and some want to bin him.

Another reason why if I were a footballer as long as it didn't mean selling my soul I would take the most cash on offer, and why I never blame anyone who does.

GreenPJ
29-12-2015, 04:01 PM

He could sit out the rest of his contract and have Hibs pay all his medical bills as he tries to get fit.

Its a funny one, if the club didn't want to play him as he wasn't good enough then the support would be fine with him never appearing, but the poor guy cant get fit and some want to bin him.

Another reason why if I were a footballer as long as it didn't mean selling my soul I would take the most cash on offer, and why I never blame anyone who does.

I presume this is where insurance would ultimately kick-in if it is proven that he can't return to play at the level he was employed to do so?

BSEJVT
29-12-2015, 04:27 PM
I presume this is where insurance would ultimately kick-in if it is proven that he can't return to play at the level he was employed to do so?

I wouldn't have thought so unless he was told to give up completely, that is the only time a pay out would be triggered, if we held such insurance over him at all.

Whose to say that any players form is as a result of injury or anything else, insurers would be mad to pay out on loss of form as there no way to prove any injury was responsible.

Until last year anyone that signed for Hibs since the late 70's has arguably become a poorer player when they did so :-)

If you are interested in golf at all, arguably the star of the USA 2008 Ryder Cup Team Anthony Kim has not played at all in recent years

Rumour is he is getting $10m pa in insurance and if he came back at all that would be void.

i.e. the only way it pays out is if he cant play at all.

Alfred E Newman
29-12-2015, 04:57 PM
Stubbs said at the AGM that Farid can only manage the occasional 20 mins at the moment. Not his fault but unfortunately no use to us really.

Pete
29-12-2015, 04:58 PM
He's a real asset and I'd love him to get fit and back to his best. He gets us.

GreenArmyyy!
29-12-2015, 05:10 PM
I heard potential retirement for him....... Would be genuinely gutted and hope it's not true.

DH1875
29-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Could be a big player for us in the run in. As long as he's fit for then is what matters.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Could be a big player for us in the run in. As long as he's fit for then is what matters.

I very much doubt that, he's hardly kicked a ball in anger in 12 months in fact its longer than that. His knee seems to flare up after exercise due i think to bone against bone friction?

I cant see him contributing to our run in at all. :boo hoo:

Which is a shame because when fit i think he'd have been the perfect foil for JC.

Sir David Gray
29-12-2015, 07:47 PM
I highly doubt that he'll come back to being fully fit to be honest.

I'd love to be proved wrong but the facts don't lie. He's barely completed a fully 90 minutes since he got injured in August 2014 and this season, he's played around 30 minutes of football so far and hasn't featured at all for over a month.

It's a pity because he could be a real asset.

Franck Stanton
29-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Sorry to say it, but, don't think he will ever fully regain match fitness between now and end of his Hibs contract. Even if he were to return to full training tomorrow, it would take him at least a month to get up to speed, then there is "Match Fitness" to take into account. Nope, just cannae see it happening I'm afraid. Pity, because he is a really good player and one we could use to team up with Cummings.

portycabbage
29-12-2015, 09:07 PM
Farid has scored in every edinburgh derby he's played in (only two mind :wink:). Hopefully he can continue that form next season.

J-C
29-12-2015, 09:17 PM
I'm led to believe his knee is in a bad way, similar to Ledley King, it's bone on bone and it flares up badly after 30 odd minutes football, don't know if constant injections is the best thing for him or his health.

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2015, 09:21 PM
I'm led to believe his knee is in a bad way, similar to Ledley King, it's bone on bone and it flares up badly after 30 odd minutes football, don't know if constant injections is the best thing for him or his health.

I was told that at the start of the season as well from a hearts supporting mate who was told by a hearts supporting journalist.

Didn't want to believe it so didn't really post it.

J-C
29-12-2015, 09:24 PM
I was told that at the start of the season as well from a hearts supporting mate who was told by a hearts supporting journalist.

Didn't want to believe it so didn't really post it.

I think Scoopboy also reported the same a few weeks back, be surprised if he plays again full time that is, doesn't look good.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-12-2015, 09:31 PM
He has no cartilage in his knee, bone rubbing on bone.

J-C
29-12-2015, 09:40 PM
He has no cartilage in his knee, bone rubbing on bone.

I've had both my hips done through arthritis and I know how painful bone on bone can be and I was working as a PT at the time.

BSEJVT
29-12-2015, 10:00 PM
I've had both my hips done through arthritis and I know how painful bone on bone can be and I was working as a PT at the time.

Yup bone on bone in both knees bought a promising career to end ( promising only in so far as I always promised I would get better and never did :greengrin)

monktonharp
29-12-2015, 10:25 PM
can hardly remember his last contribution to a match other than a wild swipe at a ball which he should have put in the poke, Hfc v D.Utd if I'm correct. nae much good to us, if he canny play.

Centre Hawf
29-12-2015, 10:53 PM
I've personally given up on the idea of Farid returning to his best for us. It was a real shame as he showed a lot of promise in the opening month or so of his Hibs career and a few glimpses when he returned at the tail end of last season. He got injured while on duty for us and he's our player so it's only fair we look after him while at us but I would be absolutely astonished if he was to signed a new deal at the end of the season.

If he does make a return for us though then I'd be absolutely delighted to eat my words cause, like someone else pointed out, he gets us and shows passion. And the time when he signed for the club that was all we wanted to see from someone in a green jersey.

Brooster
29-12-2015, 11:45 PM
Seen him training at EM today. He seemed to be moving freely.

Ronniekirk
30-12-2015, 12:11 AM

Stubbs keeps saying we won't see the best of him till next year but you have to wonder if that will be the case ,but we will just have to wait and see .
Moving freely in Training though sounds positive

silverhibee
30-12-2015, 12:23 AM

I have heard that before and the next day he can't move, he keeps breaking down. Can he be fixed, I have my doubts.

snooky
30-12-2015, 12:41 AM
Stubbs keeps saying we won't see the best of him till next year but you have to wonder if that will be the case ,but we will just have to wait and see .
Moving freely in Training though sounds positive

This Saturday is also 'next year', btw :cool2:

1875STEVE
30-12-2015, 12:56 AM

Yes it is as easy as that, do you not think other players have ever left the club when under contract???

He is out of contract in the summer, he signed a 2-year-deal in July 2014.

He has hardly played since signing.

First his Achilles, now his knee, an injury that done him in at Brentford.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, and on his game he is a cracking striker, but this club has promotion to aim for and we need all hands to the pump, and it doesn't look like Farid is coming back IMO.

He wont get a new deal in the summer, id rather agree a pay-off and sign another forward.

eastmainsmsh
30-12-2015, 03:50 AM
Imagine scenario signs for Falkirk seriously hope he can get back like him feel sorry for farid

BSEJVT
30-12-2015, 07:45 AM
Yes it is as easy as that, do you not think other players have ever left the club when under contract???

He is out of contract in the summer, he signed a 2-year-deal in July 2014.

He has hardly played since signing.

First his Achilles, now his knee, an injury that done him in at Brentford.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, and on his game he is a cracking striker, but this club has promotion to aim for and we need all hands to the pump, and it doesn't look like Farid is coming back IMO.

He wont get a new deal in the summer, id rather agree a pay-off and sign another forward.

You made no mention of paying him off in your earlier post though, it was just a get rid now post?

Also, unless he is prepared to accept a substantial discount on up front payment, there is no point in paying him off like that as the cash comes out on day one rather than being spread over the remainder of the season.

Unless there are new monies available on top of those set aside to pay for the rest of his contract that doesn't help the situation it worsens it and reduces any budget available to bring others in now.

J-C
30-12-2015, 08:11 AM

This is what happens with bone on bone scenarios, after either a training session or game the knee swells up and he's unable to walk freely. Ledley King had the same problem at Spurs, play at the weekend, stiff for 3-4 days, go on a bike for 2 days then play at the weekend again. Maybe Farid is in a worse state than King or maybe the fact Stubbs has other options unlike Redknapp at Spur at the time.

jacomo
30-12-2015, 10:58 AM
This is what happens with bone on bone scenarios, after either a training session or game the knee swells up and he's unable to walk freely. Ledley King had the same problem at Spurs, play at the weekend, stiff for 3-4 days, go on a bike for 2 days then play at the weekend again. Maybe Farid is in a worse state than King or maybe the fact Stubbs has other options unlike Redknapp at Spur at the time.

Or maybe it was because Ledley King was so good he couldn't be left out.

As for our situation... We've been handing out contracts to Insall and Dagnall, brought Feruz and Anier in on loan, but really need Farid fit or a like-for-like replacement. Someone with physical presence who can play as a target man.

Brooster
30-12-2015, 11:01 AM

As for our situation... We've been handing out contracts to Insall and Dagnall, brought Feruz and Anier in on loan, but really need Farid fit or a like-for-like replacement. Someone with physical presence who can play as a target man.

Or maybe King had more desire?

jacomo
30-12-2015, 11:11 AM
Or maybe King had more desire?

I don't think Farid's attitude is at fault, unless you know otherwise.

Ledley King was, IMO, a quite exceptional footballer. Imagine how good he would have been if he'd avoided his knee problems and trained during the second half of his career?

Colr
30-12-2015, 11:11 AM

Lesley King didn't play regularly towards the end but kept fit. He was also a bloody good player.

nellio
30-12-2015, 11:35 AM
Crazy how good King must have been to play at the level consistently well without traning!