PDA

View Full Version : It will take a lot of money to sign him

Lago
29-12-2015, 11:16 AM
Not what I want Stubbs to be talking about at all, on speculation concerning Jason Cummings being a transfer target in Jan.
Following what can only be described as a dismal performance against rangers, the last thing needed now is talk of Cummings going.

Libby Hibby
29-12-2015, 11:17 AM
So why talk about it?

Pretty Boy
29-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Seems a pretty good answer to me if he's been asked the question.

I doubt Hibs are thinking of selling JC but if a bid that is silly money, in relative terms, comes in there's a decision to be made.

Lago
29-12-2015, 11:22 AM
So why talk about it?
Stubbs is talking about it in the papers, so am I to take a vow of silence in the hope that it will magically be ignored?

hibee
29-12-2015, 11:36 AM
I'd be very surprised if he made it in the English championship. Still to be convinced he's good enough for the SPL but if he does go then good luck to him and we move on.

Bostonhibby
29-12-2015, 11:41 AM
Nae problem with him putting a marker down as in reality bidding is a possibility. Statements like this head off unrealistic bids from penniless timewasters like sevco with Allan last time around. Sends the message that we will be difficult to deal with and real money would be needed.

brog
29-12-2015, 12:33 PM
Stubbs is talking about it in the papers, so am I to take a vow of silence in the hope that it will magically be ignored?

Nothing magic about it, you started the thread presumably looking for a discussion. Stubbs answered a question, if he hadn't the media would have made it up anyway.

lucky
29-12-2015, 01:16 PM

I doubt Hibs are thinking of selling JC but if a bid that is silly money, in relative terms, comes in there's a decision to be made.

But what is "silly money"? JC has 18 months left on his contract and is still raw with great potential. If Hibs don't sell in January and he does not sign a contract extension is he going to be worth more than Scott Allen was?

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2015, 02:04 PM

No, you start a thread and we discuss it. ☺

HoboHarry
29-12-2015, 02:13 PM
Not what I want Stubbs to be talking about at all, on speculation concerning Jason Cummings being a transfer target in Jan.
Following what can only be described as a dismal performance against rangers, the last thing needed now is talk of Cummings going.
Are Hibs not allowed to sell players? If the money is right he will go, same for every other player and club......

Lago
29-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Nothing magic about it, you started the thread presumably looking for a discussion. Stubbs answered a question, if he hadn't the media would have made it up anyway.
A discussion yes, an immediate smart arse reply which is never about discussion I can do with out. But water and ducks backs.

29-12-2015, 02:33 PM
There is absolutely no doubt that the boy has talent and with that comes interest from other clubs, thats just how football works. However, it is important to keep in mind that he has only played at Scottish championship level, yet to prove himself in even the Scottish premiership. Cummings just has to be careful who he listens to as agents will be out to make a fast buck out of him with very little regard to whats best for the guys career. He's only 20 years old and although doing very well, he is still developing his game and still learning. At hibs, especially under the guidance of a man like Stubbs who has a lot of experience from his time as a player, he has the opportunity to get regular game time and develop his game.

I think Jason has a big future in the game provided he keeps the right attitude and keeps working hard. Its easy for young players who are doing well and being linked with bigger clubs to get carried away and start thinking they're bigger and better than they actually are. I just hope the hype around him isn't going to his head because we've seen it plenty times before, youngsters getting too big for their boots and damaging their careers.

I hope Stubbs can convince Jason that at least another season or 2 at hibs is the most benefitial for his career. Stay at hibs a while longer, develop his game, get plenty game time and experience then get the big move. It's easy to be tempted to leave as soon as a bigger club comes calling and easy to get starstruck by pound signs when big money becomes involved but its important to make the move at the right time. Going to a big club is all very well and good but if your going to spend at least the next couple of seasons on the bench then its a waste.

Lago
29-12-2015, 02:39 PM
There is absolutely no doubt that the boy has talent and with that comes interest from other clubs, thats just how football works. However, it is important to keep in mind that he has only played at Scottish championship level, yet to prove himself in even the Scottish premiership. Cummings just has to be careful who he listens to as agents will be out to make a fast buck out of him with very little regard to whats best for the guys career. He's only 20 years old and although doing very well, he is still developing his game and still learning. At hibs, especially under the guidance of a man like Stubbs who has a lot of experience from his time as a player, he has the opportunity to get regular game time and develop his game.

I think Jason has a big future in the game provided he keeps the right attitude and keeps working hard. Its easy for young players who are doing well and being linked with bigger clubs to get carried away and start thinking they're bigger and better than they actually are. I just hope the hype around him isn't going to his head because we've seen it plenty times before, youngsters getting too big for their boots and damaging their careers.

I hope Stubbs can convince Jason that at least another season or 2 at hibs is the most benefitial for his career. Stay at hibs a while longer, develop his game, get plenty game time and experience then get the big move. It's easy to be tempted to leave as soon as a bigger club comes calling and easy to get starstruck by pound signs when big money becomes involved but its important to make the move at the right time. Going to a big club is all very well and good but if your going to spend at least the next couple of seasons on the bench then its a waste.

Excellent post. My thoughts exactly.

matty_f
29-12-2015, 02:42 PM

I think Stubbs can point to how he's developed players since he came here, even to the strides that Jason himself has made, as a good reason to stick around a bit longer. Hibs are a big club, Jason and his agent will do well to remember that when weighing up his options. A good decision now could set Jason up for life. I think he would be mental to leave at this point, personally.

Onion
29-12-2015, 02:58 PM

Unavoidable. Just the latest media lead campaign to support the Hun Cause. Yes, there might be teams interested, but the level of media attention makes JC look like the next C Ronaldo. JC must be the hottest property on Scotland going by the column inches at the moment, and should command a fee commensurate with that. Bidding starts at £1.5M.

hibbysam
29-12-2015, 03:22 PM

He has scored goals against two of the top three sides in the Premiership as well as scoring plenty against Rangers... Also scoring two in a 'premiership' play off final... Without playing in the league I think he has proved on more than one occasion he is good enough to mix it with those clubs as well as doing it against the cloggers in this league.

Ronniekirk
29-12-2015, 03:35 PM
I would be surprised if there wasn't a bid or bids for him and I would be equally surprised if we agreed to let him go unless the deal was do good that we couldn't afford to turn it down and we had someone else lined up to come in .No point in accepting money if we done replace him as his goals are key to us winning promotion He is that big a player for us just now IMO
The Board have backed Stubbs and will continue to do so this Season

silverhibee
29-12-2015, 06:50 PM
£500k

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/rumour-mill-burnley-eye-cummings-celtic-finnbogason-blow-fyvie-slammed-feruz-recall-1-3986676

Also Feruz to be recalled by Chelsea.

Northernhibee
29-12-2015, 06:59 PM
£500k

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/rumour-mill-burnley-eye-cummings-celtic-finnbogason-blow-fyvie-slammed-feruz-recall-1-3986676

Add a 1 at the start of that figure and then we might be talking.

Lago
29-12-2015, 07:00 PM
£500k

500k, boy they really rate Scottish football

Forza Fred
29-12-2015, 07:20 PM
500k, boy they really rate Scottish football

I guess it's like buying a car.

The seller wants as much as he can get and the buyer wants to pay as little as he must

On top of that, it depends on the relative value of the amount to the individual.

If you offered George Clooney or some other movie star with huge pockets 50 grand for a car, it would not be seen as something he would even take the time to consider, but to an unemployed person in Burkina Faso such an amount could be viewed as life changing

Hibs are not struggling for cash, but half a million bucks is still a fair proportion of the yearly budget I'd suggest

Ronniekirk
29-12-2015, 07:22 PM
£500k

No issue with Feruz going as he isn't getting enough game time to make an impact .

am sitting eating peanuts and that's what Burnleys bid is ,if they submit it

ancient hibee
29-12-2015, 09:20 PM
I guess it's like buying a car.

The seller wants as much as he can get and the buyer wants to pay as little as he must

On top of that, it depends on the relative value of the amount to the individual.

If you offered George Clooney or some other movie star with huge pockets 50 grand for a car, it would not be seen as something he would even take the time to consider, but to an unemployed person in Burkina Faso such an amount could be viewed as life changing

Hibs are not struggling for cash, but half a million bucks is still a fair proportion of the yearly budget I'd suggest

Getting out of this league is worth a lot more than half a million.

Onion
29-12-2015, 09:37 PM
Getting out of this league is worth a lot more than half a million.

:agree: Exactly. £500k doesn't come close to compensating Hibs for another year in the lower divisions. JC is easily our most effective striker and likely the difference between promo or not. £1.5m starting bids, otherwise do not waste our time.

Big L
29-12-2015, 09:49 PM

We shouldn't be talking about selling him, they should just state quite clearly "he is not for sale" Where do we get another striker as good as him?

Big L
29-12-2015, 09:51 PM
:agree: Exactly. £500k doesn't come close to compensating Hibs for another year in the lower divisions. JC is easily our most effective striker and likely the difference between promo or not. £1.5m starting bids, otherwise do not waste our time.

If they got 1.5 Mil they wouldn't spend it on a new striker, we need to keep Cummings.

CropleyWasGod
29-12-2015, 10:02 PM
If they got 1.5 Mil they wouldn't spend it on a new striker, we need to keep Cummings.

What would they spend it on?

Jim44
29-12-2015, 10:40 PM
If we sell Cummings, no matter how much we get for him, it will be a clear indication of lack of desire and necessity for promotion. It would be a huge gamble to assume that Stubbs would find a guaranteed effective replacement. The cliche of every player having a price is bollocks. It's ok for a club drifting along in a fairly safe position, but a club in a must avoid relegation or must win promotion scenario can't have it's head turned by cash.

Jim44
29-12-2015, 10:42 PM

Reducing our debt?

Sir David Gray
29-12-2015, 10:45 PM
I'm fairly certain that Hibs won't sell Jason Cummings, or indeed any player, during the January window.

B.H.F.C
29-12-2015, 10:54 PM
Can't sell the only player that has scored consistently for us this season if we are serious about winning the league. And I don't think we will.

HoboHarry
29-12-2015, 10:54 PM
If we sell Cummings, no matter how much we get for him, it will be a clear indication of lack of desire and necessity for promotion. It would be a huge gamble to assume that Stubbs would find a guaranteed effective replacement. The cliche of every player having a price is bollocks. It's ok for a club drifting along in a fairly safe position, but a club in a must avoid relegation or must win promotion scenario can't have it's head turned by cash.
A perfect example of why non-business people are incapable of running a football club.

spike220
29-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Reducing our debt?

Is that you Rod?

Jim44
29-12-2015, 11:11 PM

Reducing our debt?

Is that you Rod?

Point made. ( by me ). If we got a sizeable sum of money for Cummngs and little or none of it was used for a replacement, do you seriously think it would lie in the bank getting .75%? It might of course be used to ease the financial chaos we'll be in if we have another year in the Championship.

silverhibee
29-12-2015, 11:17 PM
Reducing our debt?

"Petrie also warned of the importance of the club achieving promotion back to the top-flight after the team were beaten by Rangers at the play-off semi-final stage at the end of last term".

He added: "Without the exceptional level of income that comes from reaching a cup final or through significant transfer fee income, it is not possible for Hibernian to break even as a Premiership club outside the Premiership."

So we need the money and if players have to be sold then that's what the man in charge will do.

silverhibee
29-12-2015, 11:20 PM
Can't sell the only player that has scored consistently for us this season if we are serious about winning the league. And I don't think we will.

Does JC have the same agent as Scott Alan.?

CapitalGreen
29-12-2015, 11:26 PM
Reducing our debt?

As our debt is interest free to our majority shareholder there isn't much benefit to Hibs in early repayment.

Jim44
29-12-2015, 11:28 PM
"Petrie also warned of the importance of the club achieving promotion back to the top-flight after the team were beaten by Rangers at the play-off semi-final stage at the end of last term".

He added: "Without the exceptional level of income that comes from reaching a cup final or through significant transfer fee income, it is not possible for Hibernian to break even as a Premiership club outside the Premiership."

So we need the money and if players have to be sold then that's what the man in charge will do.

In other words, sell our best players in order to tread water and stand still.

Mibbes Aye
29-12-2015, 11:34 PM

I understand what you're saying but I don't think it addresses the point, which is player power is all. I don't have any reason to mistrust JC but if he had the chance of a big move in January that he wanted and we were resistant, would we go down the same route as we suffered with Scott Allan and Kevin Thomson?

Hopefully not, but the club is in a thankless place. If he's good enough, at some point he will move. If we are to get any reward from that we have to make a difficult decision and allow a sale while he is still under contract.

The truth is that we are likely to get more money for potential than for actual talent as all he can do with us is show he can score in the second tier and then potentially the top tier. Do we think he will recreate this rate of scoring in the top-flight? How much is a potentially good scorer in the SPL worth, compared to a proven good scorer with potential in the Championship? :greengrin

It's complicated stuff and that's before we get to what Jason and those he trusts want, which in today's game is what has the most influence.

B.H.F.C
29-12-2015, 11:38 PM

No idea

GreenOnions
29-12-2015, 11:47 PM
I understand what you're saying but I don't think it addresses the point, which is player power is all. I don't have any reason to mistrust JC but if he had the chance of a big move in January that he wanted and we were resistant, would we go down the same route as we suffered with Scott Allan and Kevin Thomson?

Hopefully not, but the club is in a thankless place. If he's good enough, at some point he will move. If we are to get any reward from that we have to make a difficult decision and allow a sale while he is still under contract.

The truth is that we are likely to get more money for potential than for actual talent as all he can do with us is show he can score in the second tier and then potentially the top tier. Do we think he will recreate this rate of scoring in the top-flight? How much is a potentially good scorer in the SPL worth, compared to a proven good scorer with potential in the Championship? :greengrin

It's complicated stuff and that's before we get to what Jason and those he trusts want, which in today's game is what has the most influence.

I think KT fell out with Collins in general and that was one of the reasons he was sold early. More pertinent would be the case of Scott Brown - whose agent was agitating for a move at the same time. Hibs informed them that Brown could move in the summer but not in January. Brown continued to give his all and play well for Hibs until he left as I recall.

Mibbes Aye
29-12-2015, 11:53 PM
I think KT fell out with Collins in general and that was one of the reasons he was sold early. More pertinent would be the case of Scott Brown - whose agent was agitating for a move at the same time. Hibs informed them that Brown could move in the summer but not in January. Brown continued to give his all and play well for Hibs until he left as I recall.

I think you're right, from memory Brown played well (better?) as he worked out his time with us.

I think my point about KT was more the general impact that unsettled players have on the team, the club and the fans.

I'm at pains to point out I've got no reason to think JC would be like this, it's just acknowledging that if he continues to develop then at some point he will want to move, somebody will want him and we will want the best reward for that.

Lining those three things up so that they work out as best they can for HFC is the difficult part.

GreenOnions
29-12-2015, 11:57 PM
I think you're right, from memory Brown played well (better?) as he worked out his time with us.

I think my point about KT was more the general impact that unsettled players have on the team, the club and the fans.

I'm at pains to point out I've got no reason to think JC would be like this, it's just acknowledging that if he continues to develop then at some point he will want to move, somebody will want him and we will want the best reward for that.

Lining those three things up so that they work out as best they can for HFC is the difficult part.

You're right. If/when JC moves on (let's hope it's the summer at the earliest) let's hope the impact resembles more how McLeish used the Kenny Miller sale proceeds rather than how Collins used those from Thomson, Brown and Whittaker.

Mibbes Aye
30-12-2015, 12:05 AM
You're right. If/when JC moves on (let's hope it's the summer at the earliest) let's hope the impact resembles more how McLeish used the Kenny Miller sale proceeds rather than how Collins used those from Thomson, Brown and Whittaker.

It bloody better :greengrin

Did the Miller proceeds pay for De la Cruz? That's what we are looking for. A touch of exoticism, win a derby by yourself and then get sold for twice what we paid for you :agree:

kaimendhibs
30-12-2015, 12:26 AM
It's all conjecture. No bids have been made and Hibs haven't offered JC for sale. Think best to wait and see. What I will say is, Hibs won't sell unless it's in our interests!

GreenOnions
30-12-2015, 12:29 AM
It bloody better :greengrin

Did the Miller proceeds pay for De la Cruz? That's what we are looking for. A touch of exoticism, win a derby by yourself and then get sold for twice what we paid for you :agree:

Think DLC was a season later. After selling Miller - McLeish brought in the likes of Gary Smith, Paul Fenwick, Mathias Jack, Ulrick Laursen and John O'Neil. Didier Agathe too for a short spell.

Mibbes Aye
30-12-2015, 01:18 AM
Think DLC was a season later. After selling Miller - McLeish brought in the likes of Gary Smith, Paul Fenwick, Mathias Jack, Ulrick Laursen and John O'Neil. Didier Agathe too for a short spell.

:faint:

I can recall the signings when we went down and while we were in the First, but it's scary to be reminded just how good a squad he assembled after we came back up - added onto Franck, Russell and Mixu!

He went through a lot of players, some gems but some who lasted a game if they were lucky. My big disappointments were Allan Smart, I thought he would score for fun, and Tom Smith - really liked the look of him but he was deprived of his career through injury. Must have had a pretty good record with us though.

scoopyboy
30-12-2015, 05:49 AM

You don't think we will sell or you don't think we will win the league? :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2015, 09:09 AM
Personally, I don't think that JC will ask away in January and I am not sure if a player can realistically be sold against his will

lord bunberry
30-12-2015, 09:46 AM
The problem with selling him is not how much we get for him, it's how much it would cost to replace him. A striker who would guarantee 20 goals a season would cost a lot of money and would demand a high salary. Historically we've not gone down that route, so we'd more than likely be looking to bring in a player that would potentially score us goals. At this stage of the season that would be very risky.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2015, 10:01 AM
It's only a hunch, but i think he will sign another contract with the promise that he will be allowed to leave when a good offer comes in.

Big L
30-12-2015, 10:06 AM
If JC was playing for the yams or aberdeen their would be no talk of selling him, they would give him a new and improved contract and if we want out of this league then we have to do the same! Does anyone know who his agent is? Hope its not that **** that rep'd for Scott Brown K Thomson and Scott Alan, if it is we can say goodbye now!!

jacomo
30-12-2015, 10:08 AM

Or you could read that quote and conclude that promotion is the single biggest priority this season.

Alfred E Newman
30-12-2015, 10:10 AM
It's only a hunch, but i think he will sign another contract with the promise that he will be allowed to leave when a good offer comes in.

It would be madness to sell now and this is the most likely scenario with a move in the Summer.
The club is losing money hand over fist and that is not sustainable. If the fans won't come out and back the club through the turnstiles it's inevitable the club will cash in whether we go up or not.
No doubt the ones that don't go will be most vociferous when he does.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2015, 10:13 AM
It would be madness to sell now and this is the most likely scenario with a move in the Summer.
The club is losing money hand over fist and that is not sustainable. If the fans won't come out and back the club through the turnstiles it's inevitable the club will cash in whether we go up or not.
No doubt the ones that don't go will be most vociferous when he does.

Cant see him leaving in January, most probably the summer or the one after. We've always sold our players, no matter our crowds.

Betty Boop
30-12-2015, 10:26 AM

:agree: Alan Houldsworth.

Libby Hibby
30-12-2015, 10:27 AM
Lago, firstly apologies for my initial comment, I hadn't seen Stubbs's comments in the press and just thought your post was just another negative response to the game on Monday.

Back on topic, I'd be surprised if Cummings left in the next window but everyone has their price. I think he is enjoying his football and to move now or be allowed to leave would hurt his career as he is still a raw talent despite the obvious improvements this season.

I hope he stays for another 12 months as by then I think he will out grow Hibs the way he is progressing but if he does leave and the price is right, then I trust Stubbs's judgment to find ample replacement.

On a seperate note, I spoke with a former player who has played against Chris Dagnall and he had nothing but compliments to say, very good on the ball and one of the hardest workers he's played against. I took that as very positive as he normally doesn't say anything good when it comes to Hibs.

GGTTH

Alfred E Newman
30-12-2015, 10:28 AM
Cant see him leaving in January, most probably the summer or the one after. We've always sold our players, no matter our crowds.

All clubs will sell when the price is right. While I agree we have tended to sell our best players more often than most, failure to reach break even point with attendances over the years have not helped.

brog
30-12-2015, 10:31 AM

I've highlighted RP's full statement & we're 1 game away from reaching a cup final so that could take care of the money. Regardless I very much doubt we'll sell JC in this window unless we receive a silly offer, by that I mean £1.5m min. Even then he would be cheap compared to some of the silly prices down here. JC is younger than Zach Clough & the latter is regularly quoted as being a £5-10m player! I see a lot of Championship football & JC is already better than much that's on offer but can only improve through playing with us. His overall game now is much better than a year ago. I genuinely believe there's more chance of him signing a new contract soon than being sold.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2015, 10:52 AM
All clubs will sell when the price is right. While I agree we have tended to sell our best players more often than most, failure to reach break even point with attendances over the years have not helped.

Yet the guy responsible for sickening a lot of those who have given up still sits as the chairman of our club?

Thecat23
30-12-2015, 11:17 AM
If Jason wants to leave or has his head turned Hibs I think will sell. But only at the right price. I think we'd bring someone in though but no idea if that person could or will fill that void. He might though!

Players come and go, I mind when Leigh left I thought the worst but we've done fine since with Jason stepping up.

I'd rather he didn't go but not the end of the world if he was sold. He'll not be here after the summer that's for sure so I'm sure Hibs have got their scouts out looking at loads of players for when he does leave.

bingo70
30-12-2015, 11:25 AM
If Jason wants to leave or has his head turned Hibs I think will sell. But only at the right price. I think we'd bring someone in though but no idea if that person could or will fill that void. He might though!

Players come and go, I mind when Leigh left I thought the worst but we've done fine since with Jason stepping up.

I'd rather he didn't go but not the end of the world if he was sold. He'll not be here after the summer that's for sure so I'm sure Hibs have got their scouts out looking at loads of players for when he does leave.

Probably not the best example given we were relegated and then failed to get promoted since leigh left so although Cummings has done fine I'm not sure you could say we've done fine

Peevemor
30-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Apart from his obvious importance to Hibs I really like Jason Cummings. He's obviously a bit of a radge (in a good way), but he also seems to have his head screwed on in terms of his career. It's clear that he's worked hard to improve both his physique and his technique and he has amazing stamina - he never stops when he's on the park. I think he's genuinely grateful to Hibs for giving him his chance after being emptied by hearts (even buying into HSL) and I doubt very much that he'll agitate for a move any time soon. I also doubt whether the board would be remotely interested in a £500k bid at this stage. I reckon Jason will sign a year extension and eventually move in a deal that suits everyone.

CropleyWasGod
30-12-2015, 11:45 AM
If JC was playing for the yams or aberdeen their would be no talk of selling him, they would give him a new and improved contract and if we want out of this league then we have to do the same! Does anyone know who his agent is? Hope its not that **** that rep'd for Scott Brown K Thomson and Scott Alan, if it is we can say goodbye now!!

Willie McKay is long gone.....was declared bankrupt a while back.

In the SA case, I'd say it was less about the agent, than about SA himself; he has a history of "agitation". I don't get that same impression from JC.

Alfred E Newman
30-12-2015, 01:04 PM
Yet the guy responsible for sickening a lot of those who have given up still sits as the chairman of our club?

You churn this old chestnut out at every opportunity . Anyone giving up supporting Hibs because they don't like Petrie is not worth bothering about in my opinion.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2015, 01:13 PM
You churn this old chestnut out at every opportunity . Anyone giving up supporting Hibs because they don't like Petrie is not worth bothering about in my opinion.

I never said they gave up because of Petrie, they gave up because of the way he ran the club. His chairmanship and decisions gave us the management and team that turned lots of folk away from the club.

NAE NOOKIE
30-12-2015, 01:39 PM
Apart from his obvious importance to Hibs I really like Jason Cummings. He's obviously a bit of a radge (in a good way), but he also seems to have his head screwed on in terms of his career. It's clear that he's worked hard to improve both his physique and his technique and he has amazing stamina - he never stops when he's on the park. I think he's genuinely grateful to Hibs for giving him his chance after being emptied by hearts (even buying into HSL) and I doubt very much that he'll agitate for a move any time soon. I also doubt whether the board would be remotely interested in a £500k bid at this stage. I reckon Jason will sign a year extension and eventually move in a deal that suits everyone.

This for me too. JC is a much improved player from the one who came down with us, his ball control and decision making still need working on, but if he has proved anything its that he has a big game mentality, his scoring record in games against our tougher opponents is impressive.

£500,000 ? .................. Nah, deh think sae :bye:

Lago
30-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Lago, firstly apologies for my initial comment, I hadn't seen Stubbs's comments in the press and just thought your post was just another negative response to the game on Monday.

Back on topic, I'd be surprised if Cummings left in the next window but everyone has their price. I think he is enjoying his football and to move now or be allowed to leave would hurt his career as he is still a raw talent despite the obvious improvements this season.

I hope he stays for another 12 months as by then I think he will out grow Hibs the way he is progressing but if he does leave and the price is right, then I trust Stubbs's judgment to find ample replacement.

On a seperate note, I spoke with a former player who has played against Chris Dagnall and he had nothing but compliments to say, very good on the ball and one of the hardest workers he's played against. I took that as very positive as he normally doesn't say anything good when it comes to Hibs.

GGTTH

Many thanks, apology fully accepted.
I too hope Jason stays and that was why I posted initially, felt Stubbs was wrong to get into that area of discussion. We need Jason, his goals are priceless at the moment as others are not scoring enough in support of his efforts. Hibs have to get promotion this season and in my opinion it's touch and go with Falkirk proving to be a real threat. Falkirk also are scoring more and from many different players. The 2 games against Raith & Falkirk are going to be interesting to say the least.
I am old enough to know that every player has a price, I saw Alan Gordon Pat Stanton, Brownlie, Blackley, Bremner, Miller etc go, but Jason has to go at the right time.

30-12-2015, 02:55 PM
He has scored goals against two of the top three sides in the Premiership as well as scoring plenty against Rangers... Also scoring two in a 'premiership' play off final... Without playing in the league I think he has proved on more than one occasion he is good enough to mix it with those clubs as well as doing it against the cloggers in this league.

True and I absolutely believe he would do well in the premiership but as of yet he hasn't been regularly against premiership teams. Theirs a difference between occassional games against good opposition now and then and playing them week in week out.

ancient hibee
30-12-2015, 06:36 PM
Cummings will be well aware that every player in Scotland is available for sale all the time so he won't mind signing another contract to give him some more dosh while he continues to learn and build up his physique.

147lothian
30-12-2015, 11:27 PM
Cummings will be well aware that every player in Scotland is available for sale all the time so he won't mind signing another contract to give him some more dosh while he continues to learn and build up his physique.

I hope your right, I would love to sign another contract but at the same time, if he wants to move and a good offer comes in, i'll wish him all the best, its good to be in a position where other clubs want our players

ekhibee
31-12-2015, 10:49 AM
The BBC gossip section is saying that Wolves are interested in Cummings, make of that what you will. The info's come from the Scottish Sun so it's easy to be sceptical about it.

chrisski33
31-12-2015, 10:55 AM
I think cummings will stay til the summer then will move on