PDA

View Full Version : Next time we play them!

Hawick hibee
29-12-2015, 10:42 AM
We still have to play them at Easter Rd, at ibrox yesterday 980 tickets, some might say we were treated like second rate citizens. The police and stewards can't do very much on the day but the constant sectarian abuse doesn't go away the throwing of stuff doesn't stop and every time we go it happens again, that's what annoys me.
So when they come to Easter road we have Hibs fans information on our databases get flyers out and promote the game. Get 15000 - 18000 tickets sold to our fans and if we can then give them 900 tickets. We don't miss out on gate money because the tickets have been sold to OUR OWN!!!
Let's make it as intimidating as possible but without the missiles and sectarian abuse we are subject too.

GreenArmyyy!
29-12-2015, 10:50 AM
I'm afraid we have lost a lot of supporters over the last ten years who we seem to have no way of attracting back to the stadium. Not claiming to be an uberfan or anything just annoyed we couldn't break 10,000 considering the run we were on before yesterday.

Colr
29-12-2015, 10:57 AM
We still have to play them at Easter Rd, at ibrox yesterday 980 tickets, some might say we were treated like second rate citizens. The police and stewards can't do very much on the day but the constant sectarian abuse doesn't go away the throwing of stuff doesn't stop and every time we go it happens again, that's what annoys me.
So when they come to Easter road we have Hibs fans information on our databases get flyers out and promote the game. Get 15000 - 18000 tickets sold to our fans and if we can then give them 900 tickets. We don't miss out on gate money because the tickets have been sold to OUR OWN!!!
Let's make it as intimidating as possible but without the missiles and sectarian abuse we are subject too.

Ibrox must be twice the capacity of Easter Road so they should get 490 tickets. Same proportion.

NAE NOOKIE
29-12-2015, 11:05 AM

The only way this is going to even be possible is if the following things happen:

1) ..... We are still in touch with the Huns ( and Falkirk ) when the game comes around.

2) ..... Hibs can be persuaded to charge £20 a ticket as a one off for this game.

3) ..... We can persuade the Hibs fans outwith the 8 to 9,000 who turn up every week that backing the club they say they support might be a good idea for once.

Hawick hibee
29-12-2015, 11:05 AM
I'm afraid we have lost a lot of supporters over the last ten years who we seem to have no way of attracting back to the stadium. Not claiming to be an uberfan or anything just annoyed we couldn't break 10,000 considering the run we were on before yesterday.
That's why we promote it, push it, go out to the fans and tell them if we can sell a certain amount of tickets they only get 900, fans may think yes my team is making a stance against being treated like this and support it!!

Colr
29-12-2015, 11:08 AM
That's why we promote it, push it, go out to the fans and tell them if we can sell a certain amount of tickets they only get 900, fans may think yes my team is making a stance against being treated like this and support it!!

I wonder how many avoid Rangers games due to the behaviour of their supporters.

Personally, I wouldn't take my kid to such a game.

Beefster
29-12-2015, 11:41 AM
I wonder how many avoid Rangers games due to the behaviour of their supporters.

Personally, I wouldn't take my kid to such a game.

I'd take mine. He'd never come into direct contact with the orcs but I'd still get the benefit of using them to highlight the risks of not sticking in at school/inbreeding/low intelligence.

Col_0762
29-12-2015, 11:49 AM

Correct, and I'm one of them. Wrapped it under Fenlon away at Dundee. Once people are out of the habbit then that's it. I still take an interest obviously and go and see them occasionally. However, from the bus we used to run every week, one still has a season ticket. The rest of us have just lost the appetite. Sad but that is the reality for a lot of people.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Next time we play them could be a midweek game. The game is due on Scottish cup 1/4 final weekend. If any of us get through, the game will have to move to a week game

matty_f
29-12-2015, 12:02 PM
I'd take mine. He'd never come into direct contact with the orcs but I'd still get the benefit of using them to highlight the risks of not sticking in at school/inbreeding/low intelligence.

I take mine to these games, and the derbies. If you want a kid turned on to football, then the atmosphere at the big games will get you there far quicker than a game v Dumbarton or Alloa.

CL0762
29-12-2015, 12:08 PM
I take mine to these games, and the derbies. If you want a kid turned on to football, then the atmosphere at the big games will get you there far quicker than a game v Dumbarton or Alloa.

I've started taking my wee man along regularly this season but there's not a hope in hell I'd take him to Ibrox.

broondog
29-12-2015, 12:18 PM
Would love to give them the bare minimum but can't see this happening unfortunately, we simply won't be able to sell that many tickets to our own support. The club hierarchy won't tolerate the lost revenue that we get from having 3800 orcs in the away end. I personally want to see this to go ahead regardless of the money we lose as it gives us an advantage as they are less likely to spur on their team if there is just 400 of them. Watching the cheats play celtic the other day and it seems they only give celtic 1 section of the Roseburn now and you couldn't really hear them as a result. Perhaps if we get enough people to sign a petition or something we could follow suit.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2015, 12:33 PM
Leanne explained at the agm that the only way this would happen is if we sell the tickets to our own fans, in which case she would be delighted to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanHFC1875
29-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Ibrox must be twice the capacity of Easter Road so they should get 490 tickets. Same proportion.

bang on. :aok::top marks:agree:

bod
29-12-2015, 01:46 PM
refuse to allow the game to be shown live then you might get more attending

emerald green
29-12-2015, 01:47 PM

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, but that wont happen IMHO judging by recent attendances at ER whilst the team has been on a long unbeaten run.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2015, 02:09 PM
If we are still three points shy of them when we play again, that will be an achievement.

silverhibee
29-12-2015, 03:20 PM

Correct. And stick them in the lower tier in the corner nearest to the East and see how they like it.

Alfred E Newman
29-12-2015, 03:50 PM
Correct. And stick them in the lower tier in the corner nearest to the East and see how they like it.

We couldn't sell them for arguably our biggest game in the last couple of years when we met them in the play off so nothing to suggest we would sell them now.
Leane Dempster said she would love to be able to restrict their tickets just like Hearts have been able to do but given the reluctance of people to come out and back the club it is not going to happen any time soon.

lyonhibs
29-12-2015, 03:55 PM

We didn't get near 18,000 home fans for the playoff last season. No way will be get more than 12-13,000 Hibs fans for a "normal" league game.

Since1875Hibs
29-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Can only hope we're ahead of them at the time to expect anything near 16-18k. We rarely pull a crowd that size. Couple in last 10 years?

Usual 12k home fans. People won't fork out £28 for a league match that is liably to be a Sunday 12pm KO.

NAE NOOKIE
29-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Correct, and I'm one of them. Wrapped it under Fenlon away at Dundee. Once people are out of the habbit then that's it. I still take an interest obviously and go and see them occasionally. However, from the bus we used to run every week, one still has a season ticket. The rest of us have just lost the appetite. Sad but that is the reality for a lot of people.

Oh boo hoo ..... tell yer mates tae ****' man up FFS

AL-Qaholik
29-12-2015, 05:38 PM
Oh boo hoo ..... tell yer mates tae ****' man up FFS

Man up??? In what possible way is it "unmanly" to refuse to spend money on something you no longer have a passion for? Pretty sure every man is entitled to spend his money however he sees fit.

Pete
29-12-2015, 05:42 PM
Man up??? In what possible way is it "unmanly" to refuse to spend money on something you no longer have a passion for? Pretty sure every man is entitled to spend his money however he sees fit.

He is if we're talking about grocery shopping but this is a forum for football supporters.

AL-Qaholik
29-12-2015, 08:04 PM
He is if we're talking about grocery shopping but this is a forum for football supporters.

Your point being? Everyone is still entitled to spend their money however they choose. Suggesting someone tell their friends to "man up" just because they don't feel like spending their money watching Hibs any longer is just plain stupid. It's football - it's a game.

Sir David Gray
29-12-2015, 08:10 PM
It's a nice idea but I'm afraid there's no chance we'll get any more than around 12,000 Hibs fans attending this fixture.

Ronniekirk
29-12-2015, 08:17 PM
We have these Clarion calls every so often ,but to date they have had no great effect .We have a core support at present of between around 8 thousand which can go up to over 10 thousand to 11 if good cup draw and I expect us to sell out the semi final ,but we are a long way off being able to sell out Easter Rd for a league game unless it's a potential title decider or we are going to clinch the Leaugue at home That's just my opinion ,based on attendances over the past season and a half in the Championship to date .
Maybe nearer the game ,depending on what position we are in then ,will alter that

Colr
29-12-2015, 08:38 PM

And eject anyone singing offensive songs

Pretty Boy
29-12-2015, 08:43 PM
It's a nice idea but I'm afraid there's no chance we'll get any more than around 12,000 Hibs fans attending this fixture.

Sad but true.

I've all but given up trying to rally people to come back to ER. If people don't want to support their club anymore then that's their choice.

monktonharp
29-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Sick to death, of occasional would be fans coming on here saying: everyone has the right not to watch Hibs, I go shopping, it's dire,I wont be back because of....etc. stay away, and don't try to get up the noses of Hibernian fans, that want what's best for us and our club. you might have noticed some comments from folk that were at the game yesterday, and some comments from folk that have to listen to the "the rangers" bile when they come here.we don't want them, and they only give a paltry amount of seats to us. Treat them, as they treat us Hibernian fc. listen to the fans, and stand among us at Ibrox. give THEM a quarter of the Dunbar end, and take a hit on the cost but you would be doing something that virtually ALL Hibs fans would be happy and pride of.

Sir David Gray
29-12-2015, 08:59 PM
Sad but true.

I've all but given up trying to rally people to come back to ER. If people don't want to support their club anymore then that's their choice.

:agree: For whatever reason, a lot of so called Hibs fans just aren't prepared to give the team they claim to support a chance.

Short of getting promoted, the club as a whole really couldn't be doing much more than they are right now to encourage people to come back. Great PR, communication between fans and the board vastly improved, BTG 100% owned by Hibs, good team on the pitch, good, young manager in the dugout and many other things as well. This club has come on leaps and bounds in the last 18 months and it's just really disappointing to think that our stadium will almost certainly be at least 1/4 empty when we play our main title challengers in March and for the majority of our other home games, we'll be lucky to get 9,000 Hibs fans through the gates.

Personally, I would rather be nowhere else on the planet than at a Hibs game.

kaimendhibs
29-12-2015, 09:36 PM
Sick to death, of occasional would be fans coming on here saying: everyone has the right not to watch Hibs, I go shopping, it's dire,I wont be back because of....etc. stay away, and don't try to get up the noses of Hibernian fans, that want what's best for us and our club. you might have noticed some comments from folk that were at the game yesterday, and some comments from folk that have to listen to the "the rangers" bile when they come here.we don't want them, and they only give a paltry amount of seats to us. Treat them, as they treat us Hibernian fc. listen to the fans, and stand among us at Ibrox. give THEM a quarter of the Dunbar end, and take a hit on the cost but you would be doing something that virtually ALL Hibs fans would be happy and pride of.
I agree! Give them a tiny amount of tickets, make them sit below other hibbies in the Dunbar end AND keep them back after the game. It's a sad reflection when we are given announcements that we are held back for our own safety! Ffs, you should be safe to leave any football ground anytime

monktonharp
29-12-2015, 09:44 PM
I agree! Give them a tiny amount of tickets, make them sit below other hibbies in the Dunbar end AND keep them back after the game. It's a sad reflection when we are given announcements that we are held back for our own safety! Ffs, you should be safe to leave any football ground anytime:agree:sadly, I don't think our club will be looking at that aspect. more the financial option:yawn:

ED Hibee
29-12-2015, 09:49 PM
i would class myself as a so called part timer as I use to be a season ticket holder but have hardly been in the last few seasons. Living in London and having young kids I have to pick and choose the games I go to and have usually attended the games agains big sides or those that matter. However the problem is these are always the games we seem to lose and often with a bad performance and therefore I find it very difficult justifying the £100-150 it costs to come and see the Hibees when I always come away disappointed. I reckon that there are a lot of part timers/former season ticket holders that are likely to attend as opposed to playing the likes of Alloa or Dumbarton and go away with the same feelings.

I appreciate that not all would have such an expensive trip but can understand why the crowds are not flocking back when the games you go to and that matter always seem to end up going the same way. I know that a lot of people are saying that yesterday's game was just like any other and that at the end of the day we have only lost 3 points but i feel that it was more than just any other game as we have lost the momentum that we had built up and also handed it straight back to our rivals by putting in such a dejected performance and giving the momentum back to them.

Until we start winning games like that regularly then it is unlikely that crowds are going to come back in big numbers.

Onion
29-12-2015, 09:58 PM
:agree: For whatever reason, a lot of so called Hibs fans just aren't prepared to give the team they claim to support a chance.

Short of getting promoted, the club as a whole really couldn't be doing much more than they are right now to encourage people to come back. Great PR, communication between fans and the board vastly improved, BTG 100% owned by Hibs, good team on the pitch, good, young manager in the dugout and many other things as well. This club has come on leaps and bounds in the last 18 months and it's just really disappointing to think that our stadium will almost certainly be at least 1/4 empty when we play our main title challengers in March and for the majority of our other home games, we'll be lucky to get 9,000 Hibs fans through the gates.

Personally, I would rather be nowhere else on the planet than at a Hibs game.

Sadly yesterday simple reconfirms little has changed at Hibs. Stubbs talking us up, the media mocking us, and the Huns win the big match. They've seen it a hundred times before.
Until we win the matches that really matter (as Hearts did last season), that go against what's happened so many times before, many will see it as the usual false dawn and justify why they decided to stay away in the first place. Butcher was a disappointment too far for many, and who can blame them.

Sir David Gray
29-12-2015, 10:07 PM
Sadly yesterday simple reconfirms little has changed at Hibs. Stubbs talking us up, the media mocking us, and the Huns win the big match. They've seen it a hundred times before.
Until we win the matches that really matter (as Hearts did last season), that go against what's happened so many times before, many will see it as the usual false dawn and justify why they decided to stay away in the first place. Butcher was a disappointment too far for many, and who can blame them.

Butcher's gone, he has been for the last 18 months, as is Malpas and all of the dross who played for us during that time.

We need to move on, Alan Stubbs deserves the backing of the fans, so does Leeann Dempster and George Craig and the players who are currently playing for the club.

We had a minor setback yesterday, there's no doubt about that, but the best way for the fans to react is to pull together as a club and push on and make sure we go on another long unbeaten streak that sees us top the table in May.

Harping back to the dark days of the previous manager, or any other failing that's befallen the club in its recent past, that neither the current manager, nor his players, were responsible for will help no-one.

ED Hibee
29-12-2015, 10:13 PM
Butcher's gone, he has been for the last 18 months, as is Malpas and all of the dross who played for us during that time.

We need to move on, Alan Stubbs deserves the backing of the fans, so does Leeann Dempster and George Craig and the players who are currently playing for the club.

We had a minor setback yesterday, there's no doubt about that, but the best way for the fans to react is to pull together as a club and push on and make sure we go on another long unbeaten streak that sees us top the table in May.

Harping back to the dark days of the previous manager, or any other failing that's befallen the club in its recent past, that neither the current manager, nor his players, were responsible for will help no-one.

I understand all that and recognise that the board and product on pitch have come on leaps and bounds over the past few years. However part timers will only come out for bigger games that matter and as far as their concerned in terms of performance and results it's same old same old. Fans can wax lyrical about performance against Alloa and Livi all they like but that means nothing if we can't win the games that matter.

ED Hibee
29-12-2015, 10:23 PM

I understand all that and recognise that the board and product on pitch have come on leaps and bounds over the past few years. However part timers will only come out for bigger games that matter and as far as their concerned in terms of performance and results it's same old same old. Fans can wax lyrical about performance against Alloa and Livi all they like but that means nothing if we can't win the games that matter.

monktonharp
29-12-2015, 11:04 PM
I understand all that and recognise that the board and product on pitch have come on leaps and bounds over the past few years. However part timers will only come out for bigger games that matter and as far as their concerned in terms of performance and results it's same old same old. Fans can wax lyrical about performance against Alloa and Livi all they like but that means nothing if we can't win the games that matter.are you talking about yesterday, in particular? a game against our biggest rivals, who had 50k fans there, and being the side that we clawed 11points back from this season after we had a pish start? added to which, we had lost our team/club captain after a concussion , and 2 or possibly 3 horrendous player performances on the day/ hardly enough to suddenly knock us out of the race, imho. all yo play for, and despite now being in 3rd position we have a long way to go, added to the fact that we have a semi-final to play, and a Scottish cup game very soon. lets look at the next 5 or 6 weeks ahead and we shall see how we are placed .

Forza Fred
29-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Your point being? Everyone is still entitled to spend their money however they choose. Suggesting someone tell their friends to "man up" just because they don't feel like spending their money watching Hibs any longer is just plain stupid. It's football - it's a game.

Indeed.

Society is evolving

Where once staunch supporters could be expected to 'do their duty' and turn every week, these days are fast disappearing.

Football 'fans' are becoming more discerning, and things like, how they are treated,entertainment and other activities outside of football are affecting how they choose to spend their dollar.

People still like to be connected to a successful side, and I'm sure if Hibs were in the Premier League and competing in Europe regularly then the 'core' support would increase significantly, but while we are in the lower tier of Scottish football a lot of people's' passions will not be sufficiently aroused to get them to Easter Road on a cold wet windy day, and abandon their alternative plans off their leisure time.

NAE NOOKIE
30-12-2015, 12:46 PM
Indeed.

Society is evolving

Where once staunch supporters could be expected to 'do their duty' and turn every week, these days are fast disappearing.

Football 'fans' are becoming more discerning, and things like, how they are treated,entertainment and other activities outside of football are affecting how they choose to spend their dollar.

People still like to be connected to a successful side, and I'm sure if Hibs were in the Premier League and competing in Europe regularly then the 'core' support would increase significantly, but while we are in the lower tier of Scottish football a lot of people's' passions will not be sufficiently aroused to get them to Easter Road on a cold wet windy day, and abandon their alternative plans off their leisure time.

As you say, duty ( I would call it loyalty ) to your club through thick and thin ( mostly thin in Hibs case ) appears to be less of a factor to people than it used to be ....... where you can still consider yourself a clubs supporter when you are only interested enough to actively support it when its doing well. Where wearing the clubs shirt on the beach in Florida or in front of the telly as you watch Real Madrid v Barcelona on SKY super Sunday means you are still a Hibby .......... even if on an Edinburgh Saturday you choose to spend your money at the Megabowl, Princes Mall, or in McDonalds, as the auld Dinosaurs like me who still prefer to think that a fan should see themselves as part of their club, not just a customer of it, turn up every Saturday in an effort to keep it going so that hopefully one day the clubs other 'customers' will have something worthy of their valuable leisure time dollars.

Having said all that, when I first started going in the mid 70s Hibs hardcore support was in the region of 6,000 The fact that it now appears to be about 8,000 is cause for optimism, perhaps the Gyle, The Omni Centre and McDonalds need to up their game.

Its come to a pretty poor pass when you can come onto a forum meant for people who are supposed to share your 'enthusiasm' for something and be made to feel like an out of touch sucker for being enthusiastic about it.

If I want to have it pointed out to me why following a football club is a waste of my time, energy and money I can have a 5 minute conversation with my partner about the subject where she will give me a list of reasons the length of the Royal Mile to back up her argument ..... she doesn't pretend to like football let alone Hibs. Mind you, she would never dream of saying such things to me about something she can clearly see I love ..... she probably knows I can come on here for that.

Shore Thing
30-12-2015, 01:18 PM
Get 15000 - 18000 tickets sold to our fans and if we can then give them 900 tickets.
While 15-18k is optimistic, it's not impossible. We had a crowd of just under 15k for the play-off against them last season - with only around 900 tickets going to the The Rangers fans.
I went to that game with my dad (which was also a 12.30 KO, tv game) for the MAIN reason that we had chosen to limit their tickets.
We generally don't turn up to watch the huns because I simply don't enjoy being in the same space as their sectarian bile.
I've heard of other Hibs supporters who feel the same way.
When the club took a stand and gave them the same paltry allocation we get in Glasgow they gained 2 more Hibbies in the home end.

Continue to win all our games as we have been doing, and the game in March could well be a title clincher (sticking with the optimistic theme!). Limit the huns' tickets and price it well and we'll be there again in solidarity.
Nothing to stop Hibs allocating 900 then releasing more to them if it looks like we'd be making a big cash loss?