PDA

View Full Version : 3 points off the top of the table and in the semi final of the League Cup

Diclonius
28-12-2015, 10:00 PM
We'd all have taken that three months ago.

Let's push on. We'll do them at Easter Road.

.Sean.
28-12-2015, 10:02 PM
:agree:

B.H.F.C
28-12-2015, 10:05 PM
Yep, it's all to play for in the second half of the season.

There is plenty room for improvement and plenty players who can offer more than they have in the first half of the season.

Need to try and get a settled team on the pitch imo.

Sir David Gray
28-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Yep.

Too many people on here pressing the panic buttons after today's result.

We are one win away from the top of the league, with 18 games left. There's nothing to panic about.

Sevco will drop more points and we still have to play them at Easter Road in March.

We are still more than capable of winning the title.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2015, 10:14 PM
Terrible, and its all Stubby's fault.

zitelli62
29-12-2015, 12:04 AM
still plenty to play for yes bad result yesterday but that is all it is a bad result nothing changes 2 months ago we were 11 points behind now were only 3 behind and still to play them at home and with the possibility of a cup final thrown in for good measure. what we need now is to stay calm assess the situation and move on there is still half a season to go and plenty to play for.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Billy McKirdy
29-12-2015, 05:05 AM
Best thread on here today, yes we got beat but this result could do us more good than harm. It had to come to an end (our good run) and hopefully this result will give Stubbs and the players a reality check, I'm not overly concerned we lost, dissapointed yes but as the op has stated, 3 points from the top is still a great place to be.

QMU-1875
29-12-2015, 05:19 AM
This league will be won and lost in the games between us and the others, not with rangers. I'd rather this result came against them at ibrox than against other teams. Must get back to winning in Saturday, this is no way near over. Get as many Hibs fans you know that haven't been coming to games to give themselves a shake and get right back into it. We need the fans now more than ever!

Libby Hibby
29-12-2015, 06:31 AM
Yep, it's all to play for in the second half of the season.

There is plenty room for improvement and plenty players who can offer more than they have in the first half of the season.

Need to try and get a settled team on the pitch imo.

A settled centre defence partnership is what is required...this chopping and changing isn't the best, just think, in the last 3 games, Paul Hanlon has played centre mid, sub and centre half. The 1st two of those games with a Foantain/McGregor partnership has seen us concede 1 goal (oxley mistake), where yesterday we conceded 4, although I know circumstances largely played a part but Stubbs needs to decide on his best pairing and stick to it as trying to keep all 3 happy means a changed team all the time.

GGTTH

Stokesy's on fire
29-12-2015, 07:18 AM
I'm enjoying this season! We could be going to a cup final and we could win the championship! Brilliant season so far

Ozyhibby
29-12-2015, 07:23 AM
I'm enjoying this season! We could be going to a cup final and we could win the championship! Brilliant season so far

Winning the championship will be nothing to shout about. It's certainly an important goal but it remains a disgrace that we are even in it.
We are starting to turn things around on the pitch but until we are back up then it's hard to enjoy any of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flash
29-12-2015, 07:31 AM
Winning the championship will be nothing to shout about. It's certainly an important goal but it remains a disgrace that we are even in it.
We are starting to turn things around on the pitch but until we are back up then it's hard to enjoy any of it.

As opposed to the years of turgid dross in the top division which preceded it.

stantonhibby
29-12-2015, 09:25 AM

Can you and Steve20 not just go and set up your own forum.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2015, 09:53 AM
A settled centre defence partnership is what is required...this chopping and changing isn't the best, just think, in the last 3 games, Paul Hanlon has played centre mid, sub and centre half. The 1st two of those games with a Foantain/McGregor partnership has seen us concede 1 goal (oxley mistake), where yesterday we conceded 4, although I know circumstances largely played a part but Stubbs needs to decide on his best pairing and stick to it as trying to keep all 3 happy means a changed team all the time.

GGTTH
All down to the tactics stubbs employed probably.

Borderhibbie76
29-12-2015, 10:07 AM
Can you and Steve20 not just go and set up your own forum.
Best post I've read on here for ages mate...well said and so true.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Malthibby
29-12-2015, 02:08 PM
I left after the first goal (I know we scored but that just made it harder to take) & have posted my season ticket to Petrie, cut into 7 pieces to remind him how it used to be.
I'd like to take this opportunity to ask Steve20 to marry me, as soon as I leave the wife.
Hopefully the Apocalypse will get here before the end of the season & save us all.
Glory, don't talk to me about Glory.

emerald green
29-12-2015, 02:15 PM
As opposed to the years of turgid dross in the top division which preceded it.

I would rather be watching Hibs playing against the likes of Celtic, Aberdeen, and Hearts in the top division, rather than the turgid "park the bus" time wasting dross most weeks in the Championship against the likes of Alloa, Dumbarton & St Mirren.

And so would the Hibs board, CEO, Coaches, players and fans.

brog
29-12-2015, 02:23 PM

Ozy, I think you would find it hard to enjoy being tucked up with Eva Green & a large malt to hand. Let's be honest you've had 4 months of misery with nothing to moan about so yesterday must have come as a great relief. FWIW I was very surprised at some aspects of our line up but I think AS is very much on the right track & I agree 100% with the OP.

bigwheel
29-12-2015, 02:32 PM

When we win this league, against a Rangers side with 4 x the budget - it will be as good an achievement as this club has managed in many many years.

You might not want us in the league, but this is where we are..to suggest it wouldn't be a great achievement to win against the competition we have lacks any logical analysis....

SteveHFC
29-12-2015, 02:37 PM

Failure to go up this season again will have me worried.

BroxburnHibee
29-12-2015, 02:40 PM
We'd all have taken that three months ago.

Let's push on. We'll do them at Easter Road.

Given Hibs penchant for blowing it when it really matters I'd prefer it if we had a 4 point lead over them before the next game.

Ronniekirk
29-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Failure to go up this season again will have me worried.

In reality it will have us all worried if it happened Steve .However we have to hope that we bring in a few fresh faces that can add to the squad and make us stronger ,but in the short term we need to wipe that game from the memory and start Another unbeaten run starting with Raith The cups for me are nice distractions and potential money earners but ,we need to focus on promotion .
If Falkirk win tonight then we know ithey are up for the battle and suddenly it's a three horse race Bring it on I say Am over the hurt of yesterday but for me we can't have more slip ups now That's a draw win and defeat in our last three games Would like that to be three wins in our next three games .

PISTOL1875
29-12-2015, 03:54 PM

We WILL be going to a cup final and we WILL win the Championship... :aok::aok::aok:

Pete
29-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Failure to go up won't be good but it won't be the end of the world. We'll still be here but we'll just scale back and not operate as a top flight club for one season.

All this stuff about thousands being lost forever is baseless negativity. Fans will return when we are up in our rightful position.

:thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
29-12-2015, 06:06 PM
We will win this title.

To hell with Sevco. :bye:

Glory Lurker
29-12-2015, 06:30 PM
I'm enjoying this season! We could be going to two cup finals and we could win the championship! Brilliant season so far

We WILL be going to two cup finals and we WILL win the Championship... :aok::aok::aok:

Fixed them for youse, chaps!:greengrin

greenlex
29-12-2015, 07:03 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk A positive thread and you're all over it like a negative rash. Take yer negative pish and start one of yer own. Give it a rest FFS.