PDA

View Full Version : mcginn penalty claim

Hibee87
28-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Was it? I watched tge game on delay as haf to pick mrs up from work, I thought he was clipped and the one replay I seen I thought so too. skipped the half time aanalysis so was it? And if so, that would have put us 2-0 up, and game could have been different

greenlex
28-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Free kick edge of the box.

lucky
Nope, might have been a soft free kick

hibsbollah
It was just outside the box, but yes, it was a foul. The three hun defenders immediately started screaming at him for diving, which probably influenced the ref. *******s.

gaz1875
Was it? I watched tge game on delay as haf to pick mrs up from work, I thought he was clipped and the one replay I seen I thought so too. skipped the half time aanalysis so was it? And if so, that would have put us 2-0 up, and game could have been different

Nope should have been a free kick outside the box

hibee_girl
28-12-2015, 04:40 PM
It wasn't a penalty as it was outside the box but it should have been a free kick.

Hibee87
28-12-2015, 04:45 PM
Ah I see, thought it was in. Regardless, they went up pitch abd score. However up tilo 3-1 when I checked scored and turned off, they were the better team unfortunately

California-Hibs
28-12-2015, 04:55 PM
Nope. Actually thought the ref had a spot on game today.

Eyrie
28-12-2015, 05:01 PM
Nope. Actually thought the ref had a spot on game today.

Overall, I'd say that Madden had a decent match and tried to let the game flow.

Two minor complaints would be that he missed the free kick for McGinn, and got the red card wrong although the angle from behind our goal showed why he thought there had been a head butt.

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-12-2015, 05:17 PM
They scored their second just after it as well [emoji57]

wookie70
28-12-2015, 05:22 PM
They scored their third shortly after a clear shove in McGeouch's back. The ref was fair enough today no bias and I thought he did a good job in trying to get the game flowing by allowing quick free kicks and not stopping the game for every slight touch. The McGinn one was a free kick but wouldn't have been obvious from the refs angle

snooky
28-12-2015, 05:33 PM
They scored their third shortly after a clear shove in McGeouch's back. The ref was fair enough today no bias and I thought he did a good job in trying to get the game flowing by allowing quick free kicks and not stopping the game for every slight touch. The McGinn one was a free kick but wouldn't have been obvious from the refs angle

The Blue Bigots were shouting for everything today. While the ref got a one or two decisions wrong, it was nice to see him calling it as he saw it.
He certainly gave us a fair kick at the ba'.
BTW, it's not often we can say that - esp. after a weegie game.

emerald green
28-12-2015, 05:33 PM
I've seen Hibs teams screwed over by referees many times over the years, especially against the Ibrox club. Today, I'm afraid Hibs only had themselves to blame for the result.