PDA

View Full Version : Architects of our own downfall today

Stanton
28-12-2015, 04:20 PM
Fyvie stupidly and needlessly makes a Slack pass to a Sevconian in a dangerous area ...goal lost
Fontaine stupidly and needlessly makes a slack pass to a Sevconian in a dangerous area ....goal lost

fyvie has has had a personal nightmare of a match

we got whst we deserved ...nothing

only 3 points down ....situation can be retrieved yet

mentalhibee
28-12-2015, 04:23 PM
Fyvie stupidly and needlessly makes a Slack pass to a Sevconian in a dangerous area ...goal lost
Fontaine stupidly and needlessly makes a slack pass to a Sevconian in a dangerous area ....goal lost

we got whst we deserved ...nothing

only 3 points down ....situation can be retrieved yet

What was McGregor doing when fyfie give it away! Ran out like a headless chicken, poor from Hibs today. Should have started with malonga and Cummings.

cabbageandribs1875
28-12-2015, 04:34 PM

i'm certainly not going to defend his performance today(which was poor) but he gave the ball away at the half way line and he was almost up there on his own, still plenty players in between where he lost the ball and our goal

HH81
28-12-2015, 04:37 PM
Hibs defending was just hopeless all over.

Northern Hibby
28-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Think midfield lost it's shape after they equalised, and Fyfie too quick to get rid of the ball, flatters to deceive at times but hey ho run was always going to come to an end still only 3 points I'm it!

StevieBoyKdy
28-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Alloa you will get away these wee cheeky passes but not at hunville. Two goal we gifted them today, poor performance. I don't no how Henderson stayed on and McGinn hooked.

truehibernian
28-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Fyvie, McGregor and Fonts handed them 4 xmas presents - tactics and set up wrong but players let Stubbs down today with underperformance - end of !

Onion
28-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Lost the match in midfield and with some suicide defending and bad luck. What disappointed most was Hibs apparent lack of belief and drive, especially when they went down to 10. Our important players didn't show up.

The other sad thing is that any ball into the Huns box created havoc, as shown with Fyvie's routine cross for Malonga to score. The Huns back 4 were AWFUL yet Hibs failed to put them under any kind of pressure.

Cummings will have done his transfer prospects no harm at all (one of our few decent players).

inglisavhibs
28-12-2015, 04:54 PM
What was McGregor doing when fyfie give it away! Ran out like a headless chicken, poor from Hibs today. Should have started with malonga and Cummings.
Yes McGregor followed Fyvie's mistake with another, charging towards the ball and leaving us short in the box. Stevenson was I assume moving forward looking for a pass as we were in possession. We handed them three goals today and th other was a deflection. Deserved nothing though as we had too many players not contributing.

Sir David Gray
28-12-2015, 05:47 PM
We were poor today and got what we deserved.

Individual mistakes were punished and Stubbs will hopefully have learned a lot from today's match.

Hibeesforever
28-12-2015, 05:49 PM
We did everything right for 20 minutes and the Fyvie's mistake created panic. Stevenson was on the left wing overlap....do think that at 0-1 we should have sat in more. Concern for me was against 10 men for 20 mins, apart from the goal, we created nothing. For me, the ex Celtic players for me did not handle the Ibrox crowd. Henderson and Mcgeouch were not on the ball enough. I still believe although I don't think this team is as good as I thought it was.

judas
28-12-2015, 06:08 PM
Hibs at fault in three areas:

Played too deep (particularly disappointing because gers defence not great)
Brutal passing.
Midfield didn't compete.

BoomtownHibees
28-12-2015, 11:41 PM
We did everything right for 20 minutes and the Fyvie's mistake created panic. Stevenson was on the left wing overlap....do think that at 0-1 we should have sat in more. Concern for me was against 10 men for 20 mins, apart from the goal, we created nothing. For me, the ex Celtic players for me did not handle the Ibrox crowd. Henderson and Mcgeouch were not on the ball enough. I still believe although I don't think this team is as good as I thought it was.

Other than Cummings, McGeouch was our best player

gegs70
28-12-2015, 11:50 PM
I thought it odd we played without Fontaine in 1st half. Midfield never really got things going and the final ball just wasn't quite good enough? Fyvie for me was embarrassing in getting Halliday sent off and seem to give the ball away to easily (the final goal which he allowed wag horn a free shot was pretty hopeless too). I thought McGinn would have stayed on and either Henderson or Fyvie taken off? Never mind on to the next game.....

cad
29-12-2015, 04:47 AM

Individual mistakes were punished and Stubbs will hopefully have learned a lot from today's match.

Still half a season to go ,we didnt lose the league on this performance we lost a game,picking ourselves up and going on another run will say more about Hibs than anything else ,they will have the momentum to kick on IMHO we just got to dig in stuff them at ER and get the better run in

lord bunberry
29-12-2015, 07:40 AM
i'm certainly not going to defend his performance today(which was poor) but he gave the ball away at the half way line and he was almost up there on his own, still plenty players in between where he lost the ball and our goal
It wasn't at the half way lol be he gave the ball away, he was in his own half breaking away from a Rangers attack. They still had loads of players in an attacking position, which was why they scored so quickly after he'd given the ball away.

Jim44
29-12-2015, 07:50 AM
The performance and result showed that we are still more than capable of losing big occasion matches, which makes the thought of the playoffs terrifying. I suppose we'll just have to win the league outright. Doncaster and Regan will be wiping their brows in relief this morning in the expectation that talk of reconstruction can be put on the back burner in the immediate future.

snooky
30-12-2015, 01:54 PM
"Architects of our own downfall today"
:agree: We played Frank Lloyd Sh?ght

Ronniekirk
30-12-2015, 02:58 PM
"Architects of our own downfall today"
:agree: We played Frank Lloyd Sh?ght

A Mutch underrated track from Bridge Over Troubled Water

Dashing Bob S
30-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Thought we were poor. Midfield trio of McGinn, Henderson and Fyvie have gone off the boil (all youngsters) and McGeough must have had a sore back trying to carry them all.

Bartlett should come in for one of them now. Fyvie obvious one as he's suspended.

That was where the game was lost, in our supposed strongest area, the Huns worked harder and were more competitive.

Our defense was poor, we conceded three joke goals. Fyvie set up the first and gave the Hun a free pass at the fourth. McGregor stood off the Hun striker for him to get the deflected shot in for the second. Hanlon looked uncomfortable throughout, and it was one of the games where Stevenson reminds you of his defensive limitations.

The Hun defense was just as poor - check out the Malonga goal. The difference was that we never attacked with pace and put them in the position to make the silly errors they repeatedly forced us in to.

Not the disaster of a day it was hyped up to be. Take away the full house and shiny stadium and you are left with two teams who pretty much looked like they were in the second tier of Scottish football, but the Huns wanted it more on the day, and that should concern Stubbs.

We've been poor the last three games and have just about gotten away with it. Time to show a strong reaction.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2015, 04:28 PM

I think Stubbs already knew if we have players who give the ball away in such dangerous positions, there's a good chance we could lose goals?

SquashedFrogg
30-12-2015, 04:37 PM
Thought we were poor. Midfield trio of McGinn, Henderson and Fyvie have gone off the boil (all youngsters) and McGeough must have had a sore back trying to carry them all.

Bartlett should come in for one of them now. Fyvie obvious one as he's suspended.

That was where the game was lost, in our supposed strongest area, the Huns worked harder and were more competitive.

Our defense was poor, we conceded three joke goals. Fyvie set up the first and gave the Hun a free pass at the fourth. McGregor stood off the Hun striker for him to get the deflected shot in for the second. Hanlon looked uncomfortable throughout, and it was one of the games where Stevenson reminds you of his defensive limitations.

The Hun defense was just as poor - check out the Malonga goal. The difference was that we never attacked with pace and put them in the position to make the silly errors they repeatedly forced us in to.

Not the disaster of a day it was hyped up to be. Take away the full house and shiny stadium and you are left with two teams who pretty much looked like they were in the second tier of Scottish football, but the Huns wanted it more on the day, and that should concern Stubbs.

We've been poor the last three games and have just about gotten away with it. Time to show a strong reaction.

I think this game was on everyone's mind for a while now and affected our performances. Hopefully now we can get back to playing with a bit of freedom and flair. Starting Saturday :agree:

fulshie
30-12-2015, 05:27 PM
No doubt a poor performance but, no poorer than recent performances QotS and Falkirk spring to recent memory. Both us and gers weren't playing well and something had to give. For me the game against them, came at the wrong time and the wrong place. In saying that I believe we will get better as we have good players, its just a pity that more than, as per usual for a team, have gone off the boil at the same time. I hold no fears for the rest of the season and relish the challenge ahead and we will be in the mix at the end.